Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 12:29 AM   #1771
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
27/6 142.6
Lil's Homemade Wraps
4 eggs
125gm ricotta (anykind, I just get whatever is cheapest)
2T physllium husks
garlic powder or any savory flavourings you like

Beat together. Pour batter into pan, cook side A, then loosen and flip to cook side B. Cook in 1t oil in 1/4c amounts, they resemble pancakes more than a crepe in thickness. The physillium husks will thicken the batter the longer it sits, so thin it down as required with 1T water. I get 4-6 depending on the day You definatly need to reoil the pan between each one.

Depending on what nutritional guideline you follow, they are either zero carb, or less than one carb each. Fill with what ever and roll. my favouring is chicken sausage, avocado, lettuce, grated cheese, mayo and relish. MMMmmm
Sounds awesome... I do something similar but going to give your recipe a go... thanks for the share
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2013, 02:00 AM   #1772
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/116.8/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
I did 2 days of m&e and I am moving on to add more veggies. Since I am combining it with JUDDD sticking with m&e for too long is not easy. I did lose almost 3 lb of water after first day but today I am up 2 lb because yesterday was UD and I did eat some carbs with dinner. I may re-visit you again. I always love this fast to jump start things. Good luck everyone!
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #1773
sid
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sid
Hi, i have been on low carb diet for last 3 months and have lost about 48 pound but in this whole journey i stuck many time , once i break the stall with egg fast then next time fat fast worked for me but on the last day of fat fast i was really sick and felt like vomiting so i had to quit every thing and drank green tea and eat high fibre food now since then i am in trouble as i tried again induction but not worked then i tried fat fast for 3 days but my weight was actually gained back about a pound and that is really stress full for me as im really putting my efforts. Now where i stand is that i need to go back into ketosis as there is only 17 pounds left to lose and i have only one month left in holidays ( plz don't give me suggestions that don't have to lose so quick and all as i really have to lose these last 17 pounds in a month time) Now im thinking to kick start again with EGG and MEAT fast and i have planned this menu:

Breakfast: 3 fried eggs in olive oil ( or should i go for butter?)

Lunch: 2 boned thighs grilled in butter with 1 hard boiled egg and 1 TBSP of Mayo (OR should i skip mayo?)

Dinner: 2 chicken kebabs with one hard boiled egg or two
or should i replace my dinner with 3 eggs fried in olive oil to increase to increase the fat.

does this sounds ok or will it work for me to go back once again in ketosis as the FAT FAST is not working in spite the fact that i used a lot of Fat during fat fast but my body is not going into ketosis. So why my body is not going again into ketosis whereas when i tried fat fast first time i lost 6.6 pounds in 5 days and now nothing is working

Plz help me and answer my questions that: is my menu ok and will it work again?

and if not then what shall i do to lose these last few pounds.

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help

Last edited by sid; 07-09-2013 at 09:54 AM..
sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #1774
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/139.8/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid View Post
Hi, i have been on low carb diet for last 3 months and have lost about 48 pound but in this whole journey i stuck many time , once i break the stall with egg fast then next time fat fast worked for me but on the last day of fat fast i was really sick and felt like vomiting so i had to quit every thing and drank green tea and eat high fibre food now since then i am in trouble as i tried again induction but not worked then i tried fat fast for 3 days but my weight was actually gained back about a pound and that is really stress full for me as im really putting my efforts. Now where i stand is that i need to go back into ketosis as there is only 17 pounds left to lose and i have only one month left in holidays ( plz don't give me suggestions that don't have to lose so quick and all as i really have to lose these last 17 pounds in a month time) Now im thinking to kick start again with EGG and MEAT fast and i have planned this menu:

Lunch: 2 boned thighs grilled in butter with 1 hard boiled egg and 1 TBSP of Mayo (OR should i skip mayo?)

or should i replace my dinner with 3 eggs fried in olive oil to increase to increase the fat.

does this sounds ok or will it work for me to go back once again in ketosis as the FAT FAST is not working in spite the fact that i used a lot of Fat during fat fast but my body is not going into ketosis. So why my body is not going again into ketosis whereas when i tried fat fast first time i lost 6.6 pounds in 5 days and now nothing is working

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help
I have tried M&E as well as FF many times, honestly more experience with FF. The one thing that I have learned and specifically just lately with good results from M&E last week and no results yesterday. For me M&E and FF are NOT variations of the same WOE. Clean M&E (to me) means lean protein with some added fat for flavor. I can usually get away with adding some Avocado or SF whip if I need to, but I don’t make it a staple. FF is fat, fat, fat. I have to be careful not to add too much protein or I don’t do well there. It easy to blur the lines thinking Lean Protein good, Fat good so both must be great. But for me, I’m finding one or the other provides the best results. Not to say I would eliminate one or the other, just focus on Protein for M&E and Fat for FF. As always YMMV
Old 07-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #1775
sid
Junior LCF Member

can i eat ready made sausages in egg and meat fast? i mean chicken sausages ready made bought from shop.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #1776
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I would think it would be okay as long as there are no fillers (carbs) in them. The best choices are the least processed though.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:30 PM   #1777
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
I eat sausages on M&E, but as Terri says, best to stick to unprocessed.

Sid, I think your menu look good, but it seems to be a bit sparse. You may find you get a bit hungry. I've never done the fat fast and dont want to honestly, I do find that the more 'pure' M&E is, as in no veges, then the better my results. I dont add a lot of fat, but I dont select lean meat and I tend to add butter (my fat of choice) to each meal if it doesnt seem to have enough fat. I know chicken wings and drumettes are fatty enough, but eggs are not.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #1778
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Sid, I think your menu look good, but it seems to be a bit sparse. You may find you get a bit hungry. I've never done the fat fast and dont want to honestly, I do find that the more 'pure' M&E is, as in no veges, then the better my results. I dont add a lot of fat, but I dont select lean meat and I tend to add butter (my fat of choice) to each meal if it doesnt seem to have enough fat. I know chicken wings and drumettes are fatty enough, but eggs are not.
Totally agree. Good explanation!
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:39 AM   #1779
sid
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

so do u mean i need to go for more thigh chicken( as thighs are quite fatty) and consume chicken with every meal with added eggs in any form? P.S i only eat chicken dont like beef or othe meat thats why sticking to chicken.

Also i gained a pound this morning as yesterday was my first day of restarting M&E fast could u plz explain me why this happened ??

also im using salted butter is it ok?
Old 07-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #1780
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
sid - 17 lbs in a month is a lot to ask of your body. If you lost 48 pounds in the past 3 months that's great, but you have to know that the closer you get to goal the slower things will happen.

I have yet to really do M&E but from all my reading it seems like it's not uncommon to gain the first day because of the sudden shock to your body. Sodium and Salt maybe from the meat? Lack of Fiber? Not sure, but it's likely water weight. Drink a TON of water while doing M&E and this should hopefully help. Good Luck!

Jessica
35yo Wife and Mother of two amazing kids (ages 2 & 4)

Visit my Journal - My So Called Low Carb Life
Sicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:58 AM   #1781
sid
Junior LCF Member

thanks a lot siccaefinetly going to drink more water,is salted butter ok to use?
also do i need to eat only boned chicken meat rather than lean or boneless to get more fat?
also in egg and meat which food has more fat???
Old 07-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #1782
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Hey everyone, come over to the July thread

Happy Wednesday all. Come over to the July thread we started there, love to have everyone. Just Doing it in July, M/E! Happy losing, mae

Last edited by maepowers; 07-10-2013 at 09:03 AM..
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:31 AM   #1783
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth2013
Stats: 165/133/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 1, 2013
Quote:

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help
Looks good to me! A couple of things that helped me -- keeping notes on menus. This helped me to know how and when I lost best (I did get stuck a few times on the scale -- so frustrating). And, of course, water -- tres important! I always lost best when getting in a LOT of water.

Towards the end, I found a large coffee with lots of HWC and CO would do me for breakfast...many times I ate my deviled eggs minus the whites (just got tired of those). Chicken was my go to meat on the fast, although years ago I used ground beef and lost equally as well.

Good luck! I think you're on the right track with your menu...this fast works and long as we work it!
Beth2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:40 AM   #1784
sid
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth2013 View Post
Looks good to me! A couple of things that helped me -- keeping notes on menus. This helped me to know how and when I lost best (I did get stuck a few times on the scale -- so frustrating). And, of course, water -- tres important! I always lost best when getting in a LOT of water.

Towards the end, I found a large coffee with lots of HWC and CO would do me for breakfast...many times I ate my deviled eggs minus the whites (just got tired of those). Chicken was my go to meat on the fast, although years ago I used ground beef and lost equally as well.

Good luck! I think you're on the right track with your menu...this fast works and long as we work it!
thanks a lot for ur support, well today is my 3rd day of M&E and yesterday morning after the first day of M&E i gained lbs but this morning when i weigh my self it looks i have back on the same weigh where i was stuck means down lbs, so tomorrow should be the real result as it will be after 3 days and normally i read it take 3 days to go into ketosis therefore, fingers crossed though i was really frustrated this morning as im running out of time and this last stone is making me depress thought to start fat fast but then i didnt want to give it a one more go so lets see but yes im really depress as only a month is left in holidays and the scale is not moving down as it should be... just one more thing as i have restarted M&E (as i mentioned above that i switched to some other diet due to sickness) so could it be the reason of not going into ketosis as quickly as it used to?
Old 07-11-2013, 04:49 AM   #1785
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
thanks a lot for ur support, well today is my 3rd day of M&E and yesterday morning after the first day of M&E i gained lbs but this morning when i weigh my self it looks i have back on the same weigh where i was stuck means down lbs, so tomorrow should be the real result as it will be after 3 days and normally i read it take 3 days to go into ketosis therefore, fingers crossed though i was really frustrated this morning as im running out of time and this last stone is making me depress thought to start fat fast but then i didnt want to give it a one more go so lets see but yes im really depress as only a month is left in holidays and the scale is not moving down as it should be... just one more thing as i have restarted M&E (as i mentioned above that i switched to some other diet due to sickness) so could it be the reason of not going into ketosis as quickly as it used to?

Hello. I have read a few of your most recent posts. Just thought I'd share feedback and all. I myself have only been on LC for 3 months total and M&E about a month total so most of this is just my own humble opinion.

Are you eating enough? I know when it comes to losing weight the majority of us think 'consuming less food is best' that may not be the case. You seem for the most part to just stick to the 3 basic meals; maybe incorporating 1 or 2 all-protein (no carbs) snacks may help. You don't want your body to go into starvation mode and stubbornly hold on to weight.

Drinking enough water? It's the only thing I drink these days. And I always drink it in those 24oz double wall tumbler cups that are being sold in stores. I drink about 5-7 of them a day.

Exercise daily? It can only help you not hurt you. Something as simple as walking can boost results. When I did a weekly 'experiment' and weighed myself everyday the one day that I walked produced the biggest loss (the next time i weighed that is). I walked Tuesday and Wednesday morning when I weighed I lost 2lbs compared to the average 0.2-1.2lbs I lost the other days or lost nothing at all. I changed absolutely nothing from the other days, I just exercised that day.

Speaking of weigh-ins, maybe daily weighing isn't the way to go. Yes, I understand and respect the fact that you are on a time-limit and the daily weigh-ins are a means of making sure that what you are doing is working, but you must understand there will be many fluctuations throughout the day/each day(I'm sure you already do). And if you are like me seeing nothing but the fluctuations will make you angry, frustrated, depressed, and wanting to quit all-together. Maybe weighing every 3 days? Every other day? Every 5 days? Or every week would be better? But again do what works best for you.

Lastly, you seem to be doing just fine. Your fluctuations and 'slow-paced start' is typical for M&Eers that are not brand-new-newcomers. This plan is used and followed by thousands of people because it works. Have faith in the plan, have faith in yourself, and hopefully you will reach your goal.

Hope all that makes sense and more importantly makes you feel a little bit better this morning. Have a great day!
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #1786
sid
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Hello. I have read a few of your most recent posts. Just thought I'd share feedback and all. I myself have only been on LC for 3 months total and M&E about a month total so most of this is just my own humble opinion.

Are you eating enough? I know when it comes to losing weight the majority of us think 'consuming less food is best' that may not be the case. You seem for the most part to just stick to the 3 basic meals; maybe incorporating 1 or 2 all-protein (no carbs) snacks may help. You don't want your body to go into starvation mode and stubbornly hold on to weight.

Drinking enough water? It's the only thing I drink these days. And I always drink it in those 24oz double wall tumbler cups that are being sold in stores. I drink about 5-7 of them a day.

Exercise daily? It can only help you not hurt you. Something as simple as walking can boost results. When I did a weekly 'experiment' and weighed myself everyday the one day that I walked produced the biggest loss (the next time i weighed that is). I walked Tuesday and Wednesday morning when I weighed I lost 2lbs compared to the average 0.2-1.2lbs I lost the other days or lost nothing at all. I changed absolutely nothing from the other days, I just exercised that day.

Speaking of weigh-ins, maybe daily weighing isn't the way to go. Yes, I understand and respect the fact that you are on a time-limit and the daily weigh-ins are a means of making sure that what you are doing is working, but you must understand there will be many fluctuations throughout the day/each day(I'm sure you already do). And if you are like me seeing nothing but the fluctuations will make you angry, frustrated, depressed, and wanting to quit all-together. Maybe weighing every 3 days? Every other day? Every 5 days? Or every week would be better? But again do what works best for you.

Lastly, you seem to be doing just fine. Your fluctuations and 'slow-paced start' is typical for M&Eers that are not brand-new-newcomers. This plan is used and followed by thousands of people because it works. Have faith in the plan, have faith in yourself, and hopefully you will reach your goal.

Hope all that makes sense and more importantly makes you feel a little bit better this morning. Have a great day!
wow thanks a lot for such an informative post, i really got some new ideas in my mind after reading ur post, most of all is water of course i was drinking only 2 to 3 litre per day but now i believe i should go for 4 litres , as in exercise i go to gym 7 days a week, as in snack i think i will be adding more boild eggs bcoz i think thats the only choice we have in m&e???

will update my results tomorrow. cheers
Old 07-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #1787
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
wow thanks a lot for such an informative post, i really got some new ideas in my mind after reading ur post, most of all is water of course i was drinking only 2 to 3 litre per day but now i believe i should go for 4 litres , as in exercise i go to gym 7 days a week, as in snack i think i will be adding more boild eggs bcoz i think thats the only choice we have in m&e???

Hey Sid, agree with Naf, that you should try to stress less about the scales. Don't do it every day, since weight fluctuates through out the day. Try every three days or once a week. Do drink plenty of water. Every few days, try to change up your menu, say have an extra piece of meat or fat, maybe slight carb cycling to get your body revving. You can do this and all of us here understand. Mae
Old 07-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #1788
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
. . . as in snack i think i will be adding more boild eggs bcoz i think thats the only choice we have in m&e???

Hard boiled eggs will work, but by no means is that your only option for a snack. A meal or snack can be anything as long as it falls in the category of being either a Meat or Egg in this fast. A meat and egg fast is just that so eat all the meat you want and all the eggs you want. Personally, scrambled eggs with butter is a favorite meal of mine. I could eat it at every meal. If you like canned meat (tuna, chicken, spam, etc. don't be scared to incorporate that). You got this! Your menus and daily activity are on par! I think its the daily weigh-ins that have you stressed b/c you are noticing the fluctuations and not the inevitable losses (b/c it is going to come off; it has no choice but to. ) That's what is so great about Meat&Eggs! Cheers!
Old 07-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #1789
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/151/140
WOE: BFC-raw eating
Start Date: June 2013
See you all in the July M&E thread.
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:11 AM   #1790
Senior LCF Member

Bumped
Old 07-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #1791
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Guts tough
Stats: 230/205/155
Start Date: May 22 2013
How to find the ratio of fat carb protein eaten for that day

Hi all,
I have been lurking....started M/E 4 days ago and went from 204.7 and today I'm 201.7 I have been on induction Atkins for about 2.5 months lost about 27 pounds fast and easy hit a mini stall and M/E broke it.
I'm in my late 30's and have 3 sons ages 9 to 14. Lost baby weight from Atkins kept it off went through a horrible divorce about 2 years ago gained 80 pounds in that time . Now I am ready to get myself together, lose weight, get active with my sons and just enjoy life!
I need support and found out of most of the boards this one is really supportive.
So HELLO ALL.

Have a great day
Marie
Guts tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #1792
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Guts tough
Stats: 230/205/155
Start Date: May 22 2013
Oh I posted this again on July thread since it looks like this move there
Guts tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:33 AM   #1793
Senior LCF Member

Bumped

Old 07-19-2013, 05:44 AM   #1794
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Hmmmm, won't let me PM you Might be because you have a new account or something...

There you are tashydoll! Haven't seen you on in a few days!
Old 07-20-2013, 03:17 PM   #1795
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
There you are tashydoll! Haven't seen you on in a few days!
NAF! Yep I'm still lurking around and reading the posts Will probably do another stint of M&E in a week's time... just road testing a new WOE at the moment
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:48 AM   #1796
Senior LCF Member

Bumped

Old 08-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #1797
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/179/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Anybody up for an M&E challenge for August?

I already miss our chatter. Anybody want to do another round?
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #1798
Senior LCF Member

Im not really in weight loss mode, so not a challenge. But I will still be doing a lot of M&E because quite frankly I have come to love the food. I find it oh too easy to skip the veges now.

You cant get rid of me
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:17 AM   #1799
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
I already miss our chatter. Anybody want to do another round?
Sure & Like Lil said, ya can't get rid of me. Hi All.

Aruaral, start an August thread. I'll be offline a bit this weekend, doing family stuff. So will check in Sunday or so. Take care and have a great weekend everyone. Mae
Old 08-02-2013, 02:12 PM   #1800
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday afternoon I had to go to town and run some errands. I got home last and very hungry, plus hubby and the munchkins were a bit 'food whiny' - "Im STARVING, whats for tea, how long until you cook us something..."

The fact 2 out of the 3 of them are perfectly capable of cooking aside, I decided to make the fastest thing I could think of. That was chicken drumsticks deep fried and salady stuff. Keep in mind I havent deep fried anything since about 1990.

It was SO moist and tender and de-fricking-licious, I swear my family were trying to lick their own faces off after. I am never going to again dry bake a thing, EVER!
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote