Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #1681
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Can HWC be a stall agent like cheese and nuts? I buy GV kind and if i'm not mistaken, all 50 calories are calories from fat. I didn't notice that. My main concern was the # of carbs.
from what i understand, cream does have a minuscule amount of carbs, which can add up. i generally figure 1/2 g per tablespoon.
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #1682
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenericstewart View Post
becky, do you feel like your metabolism slowed down because of the m & e? how have you maintained? any suggestions?
No not realy...I think we never can go back to eating lots of carbs again..if I do cheat I try to go right back and get on track..remember we are all different you really have to find out what works for you..I've been working on this years now so I no what really works for me...things that set off my craving is diet soda and sugar free gum,,,ever time I have theses I crave sweets...
portcop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #1683
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
tashydoll, welcome back! I missed seeing your avatar on the thread (btw, where'd you find it?) Are you back on for another 5 days with us? Do you know how much weight you lost last week when on it? [ Is it obvious I'm trying to get some motivation from someone to stick with this? LOL ]

PS: And anyone can answer this: Can HWC be a stall agent like cheese and nuts? I buy GV kind and if i'm not mistaken, all 50 calories are calories from fat. I didn't notice that. My main concern was the # of carbs.
Hi NewestAtkinsFan, thanks for the return welcome! I cannot remember where I found the avatar but just searched around for 1950s pinup girls because I love those images of women...I think they are what women should look like (ie. curvaceous!)

I will be doing 3-5 days this time around....probably 5 if I can keep myself away from those darned green veggies Hahaha, I will try to help out with your motivation as much as I can! I think I lost about 1kg (2.2lbs) last time but I use M&E a bit differently than most. I am only about 5kgs (about 10lbs) away from my goal weight so I bounce back and forth between gaining and losing a couple of kilos. It is soooooo frustrating, so I use M&E as a bit of a 'reset button' for my metabolism to give it a shake up and try to move out of my stall. I now have some time on my hands again and will be exercising everyday for the next 7 or so days and that usually helps get my weight down quite a bit when I combine with M&E.

I personally have no problems with HWC but I am only using a splash in my coffee or sometimes in my cooking. I imagine if you ate too much of it it would cause some stalling. But you need to have fat in this WOE so if you remove the HWC you need to replace it with other fat or your body will struggle to process all of the protein you are consuming.

Stupid scales didn't budge this morning so I'm hoping for a whoosh tomorrow

Menu for today
B: Coffee with HWC & CO, 2 x scrambled eggs with butter
L: (planned) 1 x pork chop, 1-2 fried eggs, Coffee with HWC
D: (planned) 2 chicken thigh fillets with herbs/spices
S: (if needed) Frozen blended decaf iced coffee

Happy losing everyone. I look forward to seeing you menus and progress
Old 06-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #1684
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Honestly, throughout my 84 days of doing Atkins-ongoing Induction (I consider Meat and Eggs a side version of Atkins' Induction Phase) the only bad thing I have experienced was the 'Atkins 24 hour Flu' or the 'Atkins Flu.'

A website described it as this....
The symptoms of Induction flu are not those that are normally associated with dieting. Instead of ravening hunger and cravings, there is a headache and nausea. The dieter may be irritable and lack energy and concentration. Chills and fever are not typical symptoms, but other than that, it feels like the flu and will last for about two days.

I only experienced the headache part I'm happy to say and that stayed with me all day. It wasn't a migraine, but it was a nagging headache. It is simply the body entering into ketosis. All of this happened on day 4 of my Atkins plan. I remember it very clearly (it was a Saturday) I wasn't really social that day. Not in the mood to talk, or anything. But after those 24hrs I was just fine.

80 days later, I have not experienced a "sick day" or "bad day" since. Like most diets YMMV and your experiences will not be the exact same as others. In fact you may not experience any side-effects at all *knock on wood* And if you do decide to go the M&E route or Atkins route, or any other low-carb diet for that matter, as long as you incorporate the acceptable vegetables and fruits when allowed, or take a low-in-carbs multivitamin you should do just fine.

All the best to you and yours!
NewestAtkinsFan! Couldn't have explained it better myself
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:09 PM   #1685
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post
Hello, my name is Karai.

I finally found a forum that supports the Meat and Egg plan! I read about the program on other LC web sites, but the discussions were several years old. The plan is basically the same, but it is so good to find active discussions and
support.

Tomorrow will be day one! I look forward to sharing this journey with everyone.

I am headed to the kitchen to prepare tomorrow's meals.

Happy evening to everyone.
Karai welcome! Look forward to seeing your progress and menus. Best of luck
Old 06-28-2013, 04:12 PM   #1686
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
No not realy...I think we never can go back to eating lots of carbs again..if I do cheat I try to go right back and get on track..remember we are all different you really have to find out what works for you..I've been working on this years now so I no what really works for me...things that set off my craving is diet soda and sugar free gum,,,ever time I have theses I crave sweets...
Hiya Becky!! Haven't seen you here for ages! How are you going? Did I just read you are doing Atkins 72... if so, how are you finding it? Might give it a try after this round of M&E
Old 06-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #1687
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Im half considering doing a two day M&E over the weekend. I've been away with the family and I gained a kg. I wasnt surprised, I drank a lot of wine. I know boubon doesnt make me gain, but it does make me retain water. However the sugar in wine is deadly! I've been back on plan (A72) for 2 days and my knuckles and knees have stopped aching, but I still have the bloaty belly.

So, so far today Ive had 2 fried eggs with half a slice of ham. Lunch might be chicken nibbles (wings and drumettes) with a boiled egg and the same for dinner. The local supermarket was selling off nibbles super cheap. I also bought some chicken frames and necks and celery and started a bone broth last night. Its simmering on the log burner/kent right now, so the plan is if I feel hungry, to have a cup of that.

I am seriously considering the July challenge, it might be the motivation I need to get to goal.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #1688
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth2013
Stats: 165/133/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 1, 2013
Greetings to all the fasters (old/new/returning)!

Only have time for a quick check-in and to say I'm back to M/E for a few days. Gained a a little while on maintenance, which is super frustrating since I haven't 'cheated' once. Sticking mostly with protein/salads and a bit of fruit (watermelon - which is something I can lose on).

I honestly think I screwed up by not being prepared while rushing around getting organized for a trip and since I didn't want to cheat, I just didn't eat! Very bad idea. I always lost best when I was eating a LOT on the fast -- so I'll stick with it through Sunday when we leave, and if possible, even longer.

Did a quick read through and so fun to see so many names popping up -- both new and old (the ones that were so inspiring to me at the beginning)!

Looks like everyone is doing fabulous!

Chow for now -- stay strong!
Beth2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #1689
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Hiya Becky!! Haven't seen you here for ages! How are you going? Did I just read you are doing Atkins 72... if so, how are you finding it? Might give it a try after this round of M&E
I just went on 72 three days ago I lost 4 lbs not bad it's lot like m&e you just eat very little greens..I keep you posed on results...going on vacation for 10 days in 2 weeks...when I get back home I might do m&e see how 72 works..good to see you around,sounds like you are doing good.
portcop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:10 PM   #1690
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Yes,,,I did it for 5 mo not one cheat lost 70lbs at that time I did not eat much fat but I think the fat helps lot.i only drink water.no soda no coffee I was under a dr. Care it was great..but realy we can't eat like this for ever..I lost 55 lbs in 5 mo this year doing meat and eggs most of the time with cheats once month cause I did a lot of traveling..things that stalled me were cheese,nuts,and pork rinds..I can tell you the more beef and eggs I ate the more I lost..I now eat co.lots it's realy helps lots......hope this helps a little.
Hi, Portocop, good to hear from you again. Good advice there. How have you been? Take care MP
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #1691
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenericstewart View Post
i started something different. i'm doing M & E monday-friday, with my weekends between 1800-2000 (<100 carbs), which averages out about 1300 calories per day. i know i'll gain some of what i've lost during these two off days, but i'm hoping to see an overall loss. i've really enjoyed it! the first day was HARD, but i allowed myself to eat all i wanted, which helped! the rest of these days are super easy because i'm not hungry.

i'm not strictly M & E, either. i have had some nuts, flax, cheese, but my carbs are around 5 grams. i do use restraint, trying to keep calories at 1000-1200 for my down days.

i've lost a few pounds, so i'm pretty happy. i figure that i'll count the weight on saturdays, because they'll be the lowest. not entirely accurate, but it'll be more encouraging. i'll be watching for a downward slope.
Hey Jen, Glad it is working for you Keep up the good work, keep us posted.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:14 PM   #1692
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Morning all, I'm back again for a few days - first day today

Today's menu

B: Coffee with HWC, 2 x scrambled eggs with HWC
L: 100 grams of beef mince cooked in a little rice bran oil, 1 x fried egg
S: Coffee with HWC & Stevia
D: (Planned) Curried sausages (cut up and cooked sausages with curry spices, chicken stock and a little HWC)
S: (If needed) Frozen blended decaf coffee
Lots and lots and lots and lots of water...

Happy losing all
Glad you're back, Tashdoll, missed ya. GOod luck with that. Happy Losing to you too!
Old 06-28-2013, 10:18 PM   #1693
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Im in Central otago, so he's just down the road from me, if he's in QT. I like Oz, not sure I'd say I love it, but its interesting. Ive been there 6 times, mostly around Melbourne.

I often buy the asain gormet stuff and change the recommended meat. So we have butter sausages, and on occasion thai green sausages I get my sausages from a home kill guy so they're pretty LCish

I'll be M&E next weekend. half the family will be away and its a lot easier to do it witout making different meals.
I would love to visit you ladies there, but no can afford right now, lol. One day. Glad you two are doing better, wouldn't mind trying those sausages myself. Have a fantastic weekend.
LILBEETLE: thankfully my kids cook their own meals now so I can eat like I want to. They are very supportive of my LCing.

What's everyone gonna do for the holidays?
Old 06-28-2013, 10:21 PM   #1694
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post
Is anyone up for a July Challenge to lose 10 lbs or more?

If so, please post your daily menus and if you really are daring, post your
weight loss or inches lost each week. Kudos goes to the winner.

The Challenge will stir things up a bit and keep the motivation going!

Karai
HI Karai, sounds like a good menu there. After the holiday weekend, would be a good time to do another challenge, lol. Good luck.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #1695
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I just went on 72 three days ago I lost 4 lbs not bad it's lot like m&e you just eat very little greens..I keep you posed on results...going on vacation for 10 days in 2 weeks...when I get back home I might do m&e see how 72 works..good to see you around,sounds like you are doing good.
Becky, congrats on 4 lbs!
Old 06-28-2013, 10:25 PM   #1696
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
tashydoll, welcome back! I missed seeing your avatar on the thread (btw, where'd you find it?) Are you back on for another 5 days with us? Do you know how much weight you lost last week when on it? [ Is it obvious I'm trying to get some motivation from someone to stick with this? LOL ]

PS: And anyone can answer this: Can HWC be a stall agent like cheese and nuts? I buy GV kind and if i'm not mistaken, all 50 calories are calories from fat. I didn't notice that. My main concern was the # of carbs.
What did it say on label, NAF? On some people it could be if you over do it, but haven't had that prob myself. Don't use it but a few times a month, too tempting, like h/h. lol. You seem to be doing very good. Stick with your plan, you'll do great, rooting for ya.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:26 PM   #1697
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
SO true, Becky. Each is different. You've done great though. It's a matter of like you said, finding what works for each of us individually.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:28 PM   #1698
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth2013 View Post
Greetings to all the fasters (old/new/returning)!

Only have time for a quick check-in and to say I'm back to M/E for a few days. Gained a a little while on maintenance, which is super frustrating since I haven't 'cheated' once. Sticking mostly with protein/salads and a bit of fruit (watermelon - which is something I can lose on).

I honestly think I screwed up by not being prepared while rushing around getting organized for a trip and since I didn't want to cheat, I just didn't eat! Very bad idea. I always lost best when I was eating a LOT on the fast -- so I'll stick with it through Sunday when we leave, and if possible, even longer.

Did a quick read through and so fun to see so many names popping up -- both new and old (the ones that were so inspiring to me at the beginning)!

Looks like everyone is doing fabulous!

Chow for now -- stay strong!
Hey Beth, good luck to you too, glad to hear from you again. Best to you!
Old 06-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #1699
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Im half considering doing a two day M&E over the weekend. I've been away with the family and I gained a kg. I wasnt surprised, I drank a lot of wine. I know boubon doesnt make me gain, but it does make me retain water. However the sugar in wine is deadly! I've been back on plan (A72) for 2 days and my knuckles and knees have stopped aching, but I still have the bloaty belly.

So, so far today Ive had 2 fried eggs with half a slice of ham. Lunch might be chicken nibbles (wings and drumettes) with a boiled egg and the same for dinner. The local supermarket was selling off nibbles super cheap. I also bought some chicken frames and necks and celery and started a bone broth last night. Its simmering on the log burner/kent right now, so the plan is if I feel hungry, to have a cup of that.

I am seriously considering the July challenge, it might be the motivation I need to get to goal.
You can do it Lil, don't give up. Yeah when I get off, bloat city. lol. I was thinking of asking anyone if they wanted to do a challenge after the 4th of July weekend. Maybe around the 10th or so. Karai mentioned it in an earlier post. Take care all and have a grand weekend. MP
Old 06-29-2013, 12:06 AM   #1700
Senior LCF Member

Thanx Mae, and thanx for calling me Lil. I wasn't expecting so many people to call me Beetle when I signed up lol. I have been m and e today. Apart from a couple of cups of my bone broth all I've eaten is 4 eggs and 6 drumettes. I did put garlic butter on the drumettes...mmm mmm!

No idea of ratios but almost all my calories have come from fat

Will carry on tomorrow hopefully, we are hosting a potluck. I'll just have to keep sipping my broth.
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:09 AM   #1701
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Glad you're back, Tashdoll, missed ya. GOod luck with that. Happy Losing to you too!
Thanks Mae
Old 06-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #1702
Senior LCF Member

Good morning lovely M&E'ers!

Good start to the day, scales reported a loss of 2.4lbs...pretty happy with that.

Progress:
Day 1: No loss
Day 2: -2.4 - 35 mins on cross-trainer

Planned menu for today:
B: Coffee with HWC, 3 x scrambled eggs with butter
L: Beef mince fried in butter with fried egg
D: Hmmm, haven't decided yet

Woke up feeling a bit ordinary this morning (felt better when I looked at the scales though LOL). Bit headache-y and nauseous, will need to make sure I get my water intake up early I think.

Happy losing to you all...look forward to hearing about your progress.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #1703
Senior LCF Member

WTG TASH!!! Have a lovely weekend.

Quote:

Good start to the day, scales reported a loss of 2.4lbs...pretty happy with that.

Progress:

Planned menu for today:

Woke up feeling a bit ordinary this morning (felt better when I looked at the scales though LOL). Bit headache-y and nauseous, will need to make sure I get my water intake up early I think.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:11 PM   #1704
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanx Mae, and thanx for calling me Lil. I wasn't expecting so many people to call me Beetle when I signed up lol. I have been m and e today. Apart from a couple of cups of my bone broth all I've eaten is 4 eggs and 6 drumettes. I did put garlic butter on the drumettes...mmm mmm!

No idea of ratios but almost all my calories have come from fat

Will carry on tomorrow hopefully, we are hosting a potluck. I'll just have to keep sipping my broth.
Doing good, LIL! Carry on, Mon Capitaina. lol. Hey if they have pot roast at the potluck you'll definitely be in good luck. Menu sounds great. I stuck with a bit of sauteed veggies in a tbsp of butter with a poached egg, dab of cream cheese for bruncheon. For dinner had meat/cheese/egg rollups. All delish. Low Carb, easy fats, but so good. Will weigh in this coming Wed again. Take care

Hi to all and good LCing.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:31 PM   #1705
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
hello all.

I've done pretty well keeping a M&E diet. From last Sunday to Thursday my 3-4 meals consisted of 1-3 scrambled eggs and either slices of bacon or ground beef for the meat. To drink it was always water (either plain or crystal light) and a couple of times I had my 'vanilla shake' which was HWC mixed with a serving of Torani sugar free vanilla syrup served with plenty of ice or blended.

Friday and today were my break days.. went to a cookout had some alcohol, and today went to a fast food place. So yeah... def. more than 20 carbs the past 48 hours. But tomorrow (Sunday) it is right back to meat and eggs.

Last week I had a lot of muscle soreness so didn't get in as much exercise as I would have hoped.

I bought a scale yesterday and weighed myself for the first time in a long time. Needless to say i was NOT happy with what I saw. I am hoping that M&E will help get that number down and quick!!!!!! As much as I hate even suggesting it. I'm going to weigh myself each day to see the number drops...and I hope it will be only drops.

Here's hoping that this M&E week (Sunday - Thursday) goes better for me.
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:05 PM   #1706
Senior LCF Member

Down .7kg...I'll look up the pound for that later. Potluck was ok. I did cave tho and had a sliver of appleshortbread with whipped cream...no sugar.

I'll stick to my broth for the rest of the day. I know I was a bit ketotic last night -stix dont work for me anymore- because despite it being a cold night, I was roasting!

Much losing vibes at ya all!
Old 06-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #1707
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Progress:

Planned menu for today:

Wow, you lost 2lbs in 24hrs!!! I'm so jealous. What's your secret tashydoll? Seriously, what is it?!!
Old 06-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #1708
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Down .7kg...I'll look up the pound for that later. Potluck was ok. I did cave tho and had a sliver of appleshortbread with whipped cream...no sugar.

I'll stick to my broth for the rest of the day. I know I was a bit ketotic last night -stix dont work for me anymore- because despite it being a cold night, I was roasting!

Much losing vibes at ya all!

.7kg is about 1.5 lbs isn't it, maybe a little more. In either case, to lose that in 24hrs is awesome. Just like tashydoll I'm going to ask you-- what's your secret?
Old 06-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #1709
Senior LCF Member

Another 500gm gone. 300gm to go and I'll be back to were I was before the holiday.

No secret, other than meat and egg I am drinking bone broth at the moment instead of eating lunch and snacks. I have to shoot into town now but when I get back I'll post the 'receipe'' such as it is
Old 06-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #1710
Senior LCF Member

I've literally spent the past 2 hrs reading over several threads about egg fasts and this thread on the meat&egg fast. I have been doing M&E as you know for a couple of weeks, but needed some motivation to continue. I do meat and eggs Sunday-Thursday with Friday and Saturday my "cheat days" or "variety" days. Unfortunately, yesterday's variety consisted of a trip to burger king... BIG mistake. The scale says I gained 2.5 lbs :-( So, as you may have guessed I'm a little upset with myself.

Being Sunday I started M&E again
B- 2 scrambled eggs cooked in butter
L- chicken cooked in butter, small wedge of cheese (was just craving it) and a tiny serving of green beans (will be the only vegetables I eat this week more than likely)
Snack- 2 glasses of HWC with ice mixed with Torani vanilla sf syrup
Dinner- chicken and 2 scrambled eggs with a TBSP of mayo
Water, several 24oz Tumbler cup fulls; mainly plain but 1 was a crystal light tea

Obviously this gain (which I know came from BK) is affecting my mindset. Truthfully, I'm 2nd guessing my menus as well as this WOE... which is bologna I know. B/c so many people have "testified" that it works. So, I'm going to shake the dust off and start a new tomorrow. And any words of encouragement would be great too!

PS: I finally got in some exercise. I walked 4 miles today. That better help me burn some calories and it better show on the scale tomorrow. I'm just saying.