Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 01:17 PM   #1651
Senior LCF Member
 
NewestAtkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 588
Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatomany View Post
As I read thru the pages and pages on this...one thing besudes is it scares me. The thought of being in ketosis scares me for some reason? I'm intrigued enough to play around, maybe with this, but, what can I expect? I have a large family so I can't be all sick and stuff - I have much going on, but this has really intrigued me. I have been mostly PhD and am currently potato hacking for a few days thins week. I really don't have a ton to loose. Any thoughts?
Honestly, throughout my 84 days of doing Atkins-ongoing Induction (I consider Meat and Eggs a side version of Atkins' Induction Phase) the only bad thing I have experienced was the 'Atkins 24 hour Flu' or the 'Atkins Flu.'

A website described it as this....
The symptoms of Induction flu are not those that are normally associated with dieting. Instead of ravening hunger and cravings, there is a headache and nausea. The dieter may be irritable and lack energy and concentration. Chills and fever are not typical symptoms, but other than that, it feels like the flu and will last for about two days.

I only experienced the headache part I'm happy to say and that stayed with me all day. It wasn't a migraine, but it was a nagging headache. It is simply the body entering into ketosis. All of this happened on day 4 of my Atkins plan. I remember it very clearly (it was a Saturday) I wasn't really social that day. Not in the mood to talk, or anything. But after those 24hrs I was just fine.

80 days later, I have not experienced a "sick day" or "bad day" since. Like most diets YMMV and your experiences will not be the exact same as others. In fact you may not experience any side-effects at all *knock on wood* And if you do decide to go the M&E route or Atkins route, or any other low-carb diet for that matter, as long as you incorporate the acceptable vegetables and fruits when allowed, or take a low-in-carbs multivitamin you should do just fine.

All the best to you and yours!

Last edited by NewestAtkinsFan; 06-26-2013 at 01:19 PM..
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #1652
Senior LCF Member
 
NewestAtkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 588
Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Today's Menu 6/26/13 [ Today marks 12 weeks strong on Atkins-Ongoing-Induction/Meat &Eggs]


B- 2 scrambled eggs cooked in butter and bacon slices
L- 1 fried egg, and bacon slices
D- 2 ground beef patties (one will be a bacon and cheese burger) with a tablespoon of mayo on the side for dunking (got to make sure i get enough fat intake in today)
Snack (if hunger before bed)- Hormel pepperoni slices (my go-to food of choice)
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #1653
Senior LCF Member
 
maepowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas Gal
Posts: 461
Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Hi Mamatomany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatomany View Post
As I read thru the pages and pages on this...one thing besudes is it scares me. The thought of being in ketosis scares me for some reason? I'm intrigued enough to play around, maybe with this, but, what can I expect? I have a large family so I can't be all sick and stuff - I have much going on, but this has really intrigued me. I have been mostly PhD and am currently potato hacking for a few days thins week. I really don't have a ton to loose. Any thoughts?
Some of us can relate to large family things; but it is possible to do. Build up to it if you are not use to it. Just eat the meat, or meat and cheese at your table; give it a shot, thing how it best can work into your plan and family gatherings. Good luck!
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #1654
Senior LCF Member
 
maepowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas Gal
Posts: 461
Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Today's Menu 6/26/13 [ Today marks 12 weeks strong on Atkins-Ongoing-Induction/Meat &Eggs]


B- 2 scrambled eggs cooked in butter and bacon slices
L- 1 fried egg, and bacon slices
D- 2 ground beef patties (one will be a bacon and cheese burger) with a tablespoon of mayo on the side for dunking (got to make sure i get enough fat intake in today)
Snack (if hunger before bed)- Hormel pepperoni slices (my go-to food of choice)

Sounds like a yummy, yummy menu, NAF! Keep up the good work. Aren't those pepperoni slices nuked just so tasty? ! I use to eat those, but not doing the dextrose, which they have in them. Keep up the good work. MP.


Had a smash bowl for lunch, will have one for dinner. Egg white omelet this morning. Making meatballs for tomorrow. Happy Wed eve all. Down 4.2 lbs today, went from 249.4 to 245.2
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #1655
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 442
Gallery: bethm
Stats: 143/136.8/125
Start Date: 1/21/2013
I've been doing well ...I run/walk approximately 6-7 miles/day.... But tonight I felt so off - I got dizzy during my workout and tonight..my stomach was on fire! I caved and ate an English muffin ��. And I feel better ...though very tired ... Thoughts on M&E and exercising ? Any suggestions
bethm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:13 AM   #1656
Senior LCF Member
 
NewestAtkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 588
Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethm View Post
... Thoughts on M&E and exercising ? Any suggestions

I do believe that everyone should have some kind of exercise program regardless of how they eat. Traditionally, trainers and gurus say at least 3x a week. Personally, the philosophy I am following is whenever you can as often as you can.

As you can see from my avatar I've joined the jumping rope bandwagon, but obviously that exercise is not for everybody. Whatever you do listen to your body. For example, I got up this morning and planned on jumping rope for 20 mins. Well, I only got through 12 minutes because the calf muscle in my left leg started hurting me really, really, bad.

Am I upset that I didn't get in the full workout as I had hoped? Of course I am. But I just have to look at the bright-side: I did get in 12 mins of High Intensity Cardio and 12 mins of any kind of exercise is going to do a lot more for me than 12 minutes of sitting on the couch doing nothing or 12 mins worth of eating 'carby' and sugary foods. Hopefully, the pain will subside and I can try again tomorrow.

Last edited by NewestAtkinsFan; 06-27-2013 at 06:15 AM..
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #1657
Senior LCF Member
 
maepowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas Gal
Posts: 461
Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethm View Post
I've been doing well ...I run/walk approximately 6-7 miles/day.... But tonight I felt so off - I got dizzy during my workout and tonight..my stomach was on fire! I caved and ate an English muffin ��. And I feel better ...though very tired ... Thoughts on M&E and exercising ? Any suggestions
Beth, might want to taper down a little. Perhaps you were pushing yourself too much and it hit you suddenly. Try going at a softer pace for a few days, then gradually go back into it. That helps me; just a tip. Perhaps you needed the carbs to replenish yourself. ARe you eating enough? Drinking plenty of water. Sometimes underlining emotional stress or heat of the day can cause it. Just take it easy and take care of yourself. That's a friendly order. LOL. Get better hon Here if you need anything. Mae

Good for you NAF. Don't stress it. Keep up the good work. Mae
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #1658
Major LCF Poster!
 
portcop01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,278
Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
I do believe that everyone should have some kind of exercise program regardless of how they eat. Traditionally, trainers and gurus say at least 3x a week. Personally, the philosophy I am following is whenever you can as often as you can.

As you can see from my avatar I've joined the jumping rope bandwagon, but obviously that exercise is not for everybody. Whatever you do listen to your body. For example, I got up this morning and planned on jumping rope for 20 mins. Well, I only got through 12 minutes because the calf muscle in my left leg started hurting me really, really, bad.

Am I upset that I didn't get in the full workout as I had hoped? Of course I am. But I just have to look at the bright-side: I did get in 12 mins of High Intensity Cardio and 12 mins of any kind of exercise is going to do a lot more for me than 12 minutes of sitting on the couch doing nothing or 12 mins
worth of eating 'carby' and sugary foods. Hopefully, the pain will subside and I can try again tomorrow.
How much have you lost?congra...
portcop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #1659
Senior LCF Member
 
NewestAtkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 588
Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
How much have you lost?congra...

Honestly...I have no idea. I do not own a scale (buying one with the next paycheck). All I know is that I feel better, sleep better, am surprised i have stuck with this low carb WOE for so long and that I can fit into 42 waisted shorts. I CANNOT recall the last time I was able to wear 42s.. def had to be in college 5 or 6 years ago.

Cleaned out the closet earlier this week and donated some of the big clothes (but not all) to GoodWill. If I have anything to say about it I will be getting leaner and smaller.. not bigger.

If i'm not mistaken you said you have done M&E before and for a rather lengthy amount of time. Care to share some pointers and words of wisdom with me, Mae, and a few others who still follow this thread?
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #1660
Major LCF Poster!
 
portcop01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,278
Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Yes,,,I did it for 5 mo not one cheat lost 70lbs at that time I did not eat much fat but I think the fat helps lot.i only drink water.no soda no coffee I was under a dr. Care it was great..but realy we can't eat like this for ever..I lost 55 lbs in 5 mo this year doing meat and eggs most of the time with cheats once month cause I did a lot of traveling..things that stalled me were cheese,nuts,and pork rinds..I can tell you the more beef and eggs I ate the more I lost..I now eat co.lots it's realy helps lots......hope this helps a little.
__________________
Becky
portcop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #1661
Senior LCF Member
 
Karai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Southeast US
Posts: 426
Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/166/140
WOE: BFC-cycling
Start Date: June 2013
Hello, my name is Karai.

I finally found a forum that supports the Meat and Egg plan! I read about the program on other LC web sites, but the discussions were several years old. The plan is basically the same, but it is so good to find active discussions and
support.

Tomorrow will be day one! I look forward to sharing this journey with everyone.

I am headed to the kitchen to prepare tomorrow's meals.

Happy evening to everyone.
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #1662
Senior LCF Member
 
NewestAtkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 588
Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Yes,,,I did it for 5 mo not one cheat lost 70lbs at that time I did not eat much fat but I think the fat helps lot.i only drink water.no soda no coffee I was under a dr. Care it was great..but realy we can't eat like this for ever..I lost 55 lbs in 5 mo this year doing meat and eggs most of the time with cheats once month cause I did a lot of traveling..things that stalled me were cheese,nuts,and pork rinds..I can tell you the more beef and eggs I ate the more I lost..I now eat co.lots it's realy helps lots......hope this helps a little.

Becky, did you mainly eat beef or did u sometimes have chicken also? Does one prove "more effective" than the other (ground beef/beef vs. chicken as the meat at each meal)?
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #1663
Major LCF Poster!
 
portcop01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,278
Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
I ate beef fish chicken pork...mostly beef no process food at all no lunch meats I did use mayo...tuna fish.egg salad. More eggs I ate the better I lost..
I think right now I'm going to follow Atkins 72 it's almost meat and eggs...
portcop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #1664
Major LCF Poster!
 
portcop01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,278
Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Becky, did you mainly eat beef or did u sometimes have chicken also? Does one prove "more effective" than the other (ground beef/beef vs. chicken as the meat at each meal)?
We're ou at in va? I'm in the western part. Mountains
portcop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:33 PM   #1665
Senior LCF Member
 
NewestAtkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 588
Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
We're ou at in va? I'm in the western part. Mountains
The NRV (Hokie Nation Territory) not a big fan nor did i go there... just ended up living here.
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #1666
Major LCF Poster!
 
portcop01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,278
Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
I'm from hillsville ...
portcop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:48 PM   #1667
Senior LCF Member
 
tashydoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 383
Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Morning all, I'm back again for a few days - first day today

Today's menu

B: Coffee with HWC, 2 x scrambled eggs with HWC
L: 100 grams of beef mince cooked in a little rice bran oil, 1 x fried egg
S: Coffee with HWC & Stevia
D: (Planned) Curried sausages (cut up and cooked sausages with curry spices, chicken stock and a little HWC)
S: (If needed) Frozen blended decaf coffee
Lots and lots and lots and lots of water...

Happy losing all
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:08 PM   #1668
Senior LCF Member
 
lilbeetle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 603
Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Mmmm, I havent had curried sausages for ages.

Do you get asian gormet brand in Oz? The butter chicken and beef madras blends are pretty LC
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:21 PM   #1669
Senior LCF Member
 
tashydoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 383
Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Mmmm, I havent had curried sausages for ages.

Do you get asian gormet brand in Oz? The butter chicken and beef madras blends are pretty LC
It's sooooo the right weather for them now...I have to make a couple of changes to my normal recipe to keep in with the M&E but I still love them...especially with a bit of vinegar on top I have seen that brand before but not in sausages. I just get the gluten free ones from my butcher and they are really LC and very yummy. I do need to watch the salt in sausages though as they make me retain fluid... so I only have them occasionally on this WOE.

Whereabouts in NZ are you lilbeetle? My hubby is over there at the moment for 10 days supervising a ski trip for the kids that he teaches He's going to Mt. Hutt first and then to Queenstown... I NZ
__________________
Natasha
"To thine own self be true" - Hamlet, William Shakespeare.
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:46 PM   #1670
Senior LCF Member
 
lilbeetle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 603
Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Im in Central otago, so he's just down the road from me, if he's in QT. I like Oz, not sure I'd say I love it, but its interesting. Ive been there 6 times, mostly around Melbourne.

I often buy the asain gormet stuff and change the recommended meat. So we have butter sausages, and on occasion thai green sausages I get my sausages from a home kill guy so they're pretty LCish

I'll be M&E next weekend. half the family will be away and its a lot easier to do it witout making different meals.
__________________
I have an allergy. Eating sugar and wheat products makes me swell up
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:58 PM   #1671
Senior LCF Member
 
tashydoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 383
Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Im in Central otago, so he's just down the road from me, if he's in QT. I like Oz, not sure I'd say I love it, but its interesting. Ive been there 6 times, mostly around Melbourne.

I often buy the asain gormet stuff and change the recommended meat. So we have butter sausages, and on occasion thai green sausages I get my sausages from a home kill guy so they're pretty LCish

I'll be M&E next weekend. half the family will be away and its a lot easier to do it witout making different meals.
I have used the asian gourmet pastes and stuff before, but I thought you meant they made sausages too, which I had not seen!

Ah see, there lies your problem only having been to Melbourne... you need to head up Queensland way. The saying in Oz goes that the further north you go, the warmer the climate and the warmer the people (not that I'm biased or anything, LOL!)

Yeah that's why I'm doing M&E as of today, hubby is away and it's just a bit easier. Look forward to seeing how you go
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:44 AM   #1672
Senior LCF Member
 
lilbeetle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 603
Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
I've been to QL. I spent a couple of weeks in Townsville. My dad and step mum live in Darwin, so I'll prolly go over and visit them one day. I've also been to Brisbane. At the moment Im counting down to October - Im going to Thailand for my 40th! need to lose about 8 more kgs before then.

Ive just eaten tea, and i have decided its going to be one of my M&E meals, minus the veges - lamb chops, with green breans and yellow capsicum, LC gravy and garlic butter. Heavenly!

Last edited by lilbeetle; 06-28-2013 at 12:45 AM.. Reason: added brissie
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:08 AM   #1673
Senior LCF Member
 
Karai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Southeast US
Posts: 426
Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/166/140
WOE: BFC-cycling
Start Date: June 2013
Good Morning,

Today's menu is
B: Large decaf coffee w/cream+2 turkey sausages+ Egg white omelet
S: Green tea w/CO
L: Grilled chicken w/small salad
D: Steak +scrambled egg
S: Green tea w/CO
1 gallon of water

Happy Friday!

Karai
Starting weight: 262 lbs/Goal 1: 252 lbs
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:20 AM   #1674
Senior LCF Member
 
Karai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Southeast US
Posts: 426
Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/166/140
WOE: BFC-cycling
Start Date: June 2013
July 2013 Challenge

Is anyone up for a July Challenge to lose 10 lbs or more?

If so, please post your daily menus and if you really are daring, post your
weight loss or inches lost each week. Kudos goes to the winner.

The Challenge will stir things up a bit and keep the motivation going!

Karai
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:04 AM   #1675
Senior LCF Member
 
jenericstewart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 328
Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/182/183 (173?)
WOE: JUDDD/CAD
Start Date: 6/7/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
I ate beef fish chicken pork...mostly beef no process food at all no lunch meats I did use mayo...tuna fish.egg salad. More eggs I ate the better I lost..
I think right now I'm going to follow Atkins 72 it's almost meat and eggs...
how have you been maintaining your loss, up to now, before starting Atkins 72?
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:51 AM   #1676
Senior LCF Member
 
NewestAtkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 588
Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Morning all, I'm back again for a few days - first day today

Today's menu

B: Coffee with HWC, 2 x scrambled eggs with HWC
L: 100 grams of beef mince cooked in a little rice bran oil, 1 x fried egg
S: Coffee with HWC & Stevia
D: (Planned) Curried sausages (cut up and cooked sausages with curry spices, chicken stock and a little HWC)
S: (If needed) Frozen blended decaf coffee
Lots and lots and lots and lots of water...

Happy losing all


tashydoll, welcome back! I missed seeing your avatar on the thread (btw, where'd you find it?) Are you back on for another 5 days with us? Do you know how much weight you lost last week when on it? [ Is it obvious I'm trying to get some motivation from someone to stick with this? LOL ]

PS: And anyone can answer this: Can HWC be a stall agent like cheese and nuts? I buy GV kind and if i'm not mistaken, all 50 calories are calories from fat. I didn't notice that. My main concern was the # of carbs.
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:54 AM   #1677
Senior LCF Member
 
NewestAtkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 588
Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post
Is anyone up for a July Challenge to lose 10 lbs or more?

If so, please post your daily menus and if you really are daring, post your
weight loss or inches lost each week. Kudos goes to the winner.

The Challenge will stir things up a bit and keep the motivation going!

Karai


Ordering my new scale today... I'm in!
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:18 AM   #1678
Major LCF Poster!
 
portcop01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,278
Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
I use hwc ever day never stalled me ...
portcop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:57 AM   #1679
Senior LCF Member
 
jenericstewart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 328
Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/182/183 (173?)
WOE: JUDDD/CAD
Start Date: 6/7/12
becky, do you feel like your metabolism slowed down because of the m & e? how have you maintained? any suggestions?
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #1680
Senior LCF Member
 
jenericstewart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 328
Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/182/183 (173?)
WOE: JUDDD/CAD
Start Date: 6/7/12
i started something different. i'm doing M & E monday-friday, with my weekends between 1800-2000 (<100 carbs), which averages out about 1300 calories per day. i know i'll gain some of what i've lost during these two off days, but i'm hoping to see an overall loss. i've really enjoyed it! the first day was HARD, but i allowed myself to eat all i wanted, which helped! the rest of these days are super easy because i'm not hungry.

i'm not strictly M & E, either. i have had some nuts, flax, cheese, but my carbs are around 5 grams. i do use restraint, trying to keep calories at 1000-1200 for my down days.

i've lost a few pounds, so i'm pretty happy. i figure that i'll count the weight on saturdays, because they'll be the lowest. not entirely accurate, but it'll be more encouraging. i'll be watching for a downward slope.

Last edited by jenericstewart; 06-28-2013 at 08:03 AM..
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:19 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.