Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 05:53 PM   #1621
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth2013 View Post
Good morning, Fan and Mae! Happy to see fellow fasters checking in -- although, technically, I suppose I'm an ex-faster!

Mae - good job on keeping it clean! It's such a great feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day when we're able to do that. Srsly motivating!

I'm slowly easing into maintenance -- so far only adding fiber in the form of fresh spinach, but thrilled to see another loss this morning and a new low of 134... I'm using a dressing of olive oil and balsamic vinegar on the spinach -- delicious! (I know the balsamic is a no-no because it has a bit of sugar, but I use it sparingly - heavy on the EVOO, though lol).

Wishing you all a LOSING Tuesday!!!

Yesterday's menu:
B: Large Coffee w/HWC and CO x2
L: Steak stir-fry (left-overs) w/1 cup fresh spinach
D: Deviled eggs w/huge spinach salad (just finished off the bag -- at least 3 generous cups)
THANKS Beth! Have you tried fresh spinach leaves chopped up with a boiled egg then make a dressing of mayo, dijon mustard and red wine vinegar, it's awesome together. Good Menu you have there.
Happy Maintenance and great on the weight loss.
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2013, 05:54 PM   #1622
Senior LCF Member

Good Menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Today's Menu

B- 1 sausage patty, 1 scrambled egg, water
L- sausage quiche
Snack- 1 scrambled egg and half a burger patty side of mayo
D- remaining half of the burger patty, 2 scrambled eggs
Fan you are doing great on your menus, keep up the good work.

Hi to all if I forgot anyone. Have a great week.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #1623
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Fan you are doing great on your menus, keep up the good work.

Hi to all if I forgot anyone. Have a great week.

Thank you, mae. I'll be honest, I sometimes feel that I must be doing something wrong b/c I feel that it "can't be this easy" on this meat and egg fast. But, I just remind myself-- "That's what it is man, your eating eggs accompanied by the meats of your choice."

My sister commented on my weight loss. She hadn't seen me since Easter and I started Atkins/LC on April 3rd... so yeah, I'm going to keep on keeping on with this and release the skinny-guy within me... if not a skinnier guy.
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #1624
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thank you, mae. I'll be honest, I sometimes feel that I must be doing something wrong b/c I feel that it "can't be this easy" on this meat and egg fast. But, I just remind myself-- "That's what it is man, your eating eggs accompanied by the meats of your choice."

My sister commented on my weight loss. She hadn't seen me since Easter and I started Atkins/LC on April 3rd... so yeah, I'm going to keep on keeping on with this and release the skinny-guy within me... if not a skinnier guy.
You'll do just fine, hang in there, you'll surprise your sister even more. And it's as simple as we make it. Good luck have a great week. MP
Old 06-19-2013, 06:14 AM   #1625
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth2013
Stats: 165/133/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 1, 2013
Quote:
THANKS Beth! Have you tried fresh spinach leaves chopped up with a boiled egg then make a dressing of mayo, dijon mustard and red wine vinegar, it's awesome together. Good Menu you have there.
Happy Maintenance and great on the weight loss.
That sounds good! I used to put the Dijon in it, but when I made up a big jar of the balsamic/EVOO, I left it out so I could keep the jar in the pantry (wasn't sure if mustard would need to be refrigerated or not).

Lost .6 lb. since yesterday!! Kinda loving this half fast/half maintenance WOE!

Wasn't terribly hungry last night, but wanting something ice-cold and sweet, so for dinner I mixed up a chocolate shake I read about in the Recipe forum. Just poured some almond milk into a huge mason jar and added SF cocoa, some decaf coffee crystals, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, some sweetener and lots of crushed ice. Blended it up with my stick blender -- came out thick and totally satisfying! That forum is a gold mine for finding low-carb, totally delicious and healthy foods! I could (and sometimes do lol) spend hours and hours reading there!

Fan: Exciting to hear your progress!! Sounds like you are rocking this wonderful fast -- keep up the good work!
Beth2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:15 AM   #1626
Senior LCF Member

Today's menu

Breakfast (eating this as I type)- 2 slices of bacon, 2 eggs scrambled with sausage bits, white cheese dip on the side (2 tbsp = 1carb; my only cheese for the day)

Planned for the rest of the day:
L- 2 burger patties
Snack (if needed) Hormel Pepperoni slices
D- scrambled eggs with sausage bits/pieces
Old 06-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #1627
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Today's menu

Breakfast (eating this as I type)- 2 slices of bacon, 2 eggs scrambled with sausage bits, white cheese dip on the side (2 tbsp = 1carb; my only cheese for the day)

Planned for the rest of the day:
L- 2 burger patties
Snack (if needed) Hormel Pepperoni slices
D- scrambled eggs with sausage bits/pieces

For accountability sake, I need to say I had white cheese dip during all four meals. Granted, it's only 1 carb per serving and keeping up with my numbers I only had at most 9 carbs today, and it's a better alternative than eating 2 pieces of cake and ice cream, etc.....I still don't want to make this a habit b/c I feel that in the past cheese has stalled me (all those quiches, etc.). So, I'm disappointed with myself, but at the same time proud. I know, I know, I'm a weird one. LOL
Old 06-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #1628
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth2013 View Post
That sounds good! I used to put the Dijon in it, but when I made up a big jar of the balsamic/EVOO, I left it out so I could keep the jar in the pantry (wasn't sure if mustard would need to be refrigerated or not).

Lost .6 lb. since yesterday!! Kinda loving this half fast/half maintenance WOE!

Wasn't terribly hungry last night, but wanting something ice-cold and sweet, so for dinner I mixed up a chocolate shake I read about in the Recipe forum. Just poured some almond milk into a huge mason jar and added SF cocoa, some decaf coffee crystals, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, some sweetener and lots of crushed ice. Blended it up with my stick blender -- came out thick and totally satisfying! That forum is a gold mine for finding low-carb, totally delicious and healthy foods! I could (and sometimes do lol) spend hours and hours reading there!

Fan: Exciting to hear your progress!! Sounds like you are rocking this wonderful fast -- keep up the good work!
Beth: You can keep the mustard in cabinet or fridge. I just prefer the fridge cause it makes it taste better and blend better with things. That shakes sounds good. I'll have to save it for when I get to maintenance. Did you know you can take some dijon or reg mustard , mix it with some mayo and worchestershire sauce and you have a low cal awesome tasting meat dip? Make this up myself, and then if I want a salad dressing, use that mix and add some red wine vinegar to it. Don't need much it mixes well and yes it lasts at least a week in the fridge. Sometimes longer. I had a small jar of mayo and when it got half way down, took some dijon mustard, reg mustard (a dab) and mixed in a dash of black pepper, made an awesome dipping sauce or can use it as a base for deviled eggs. LIke experimenting around myself when I'm in the mood.

Today I had chicken tips (chunks), which I made up like my beef tips (I posted the recipe here and you can use any good meat, but beef and chicken are the best). Had a half a tomato/basil cheese stick to go with it and watermelon tea for dinner. Awesome and I'm stuff, but ate only a half a cup serving of it. For breakfast I had seasoned pork cubes and the other half of the cheese stick. I wasn't even hungry until just after seven pm so ate and feel nicely full, sated. That's the thing. Just enough to feel sated and enjoy the food.
Ok enough rambling. Have a great evening, you'll do good. Mae
Old 06-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #1629
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
For accountability sake, I need to say I had white cheese dip during all four meals. Granted, it's only 1 carb per serving and keeping up with my numbers I only had at most 9 carbs today, and it's a better alternative than eating 2 pieces of cake and ice cream, etc.....I still don't want to make this a habit b/c I feel that in the past cheese has stalled me (all those quiches, etc.). So, I'm disappointed with myself, but at the same time proud. I know, I know, I'm a weird one. LOL
Hey Fan, not weird at all. Sometimes I have something extra too. Sometimes ya gotta! I think you did good and better to "half-way cheat" on something you can have instead of cake and icecream. So there. LOL. I think you did great, so be glad. (understand how ya feel though, been there done that)

But a good tip: try taking your sauce, put a little on your bowl of eggs/sausage, then put it back in the crisper drawer of your fridge. Another thing is if you are worried about consuming too much cheese (I can testify to that, ), then try buying the blocks of cheese, cut them into the size of the cheese sticks or one inch squares, wrap them up in servings in plastic wrap then a baggie. Take out only what you need per meal. This actually can work to help control things like heavy cheese intake, simply because after a few times you realize your cheese quota is getting low. I do this now and it has helped so much lately. And I love different kinds of creamy cheeses, like white cheddar, white american, yellow american if it is thick sliced, Monterrey jack, etc. I get them in blocks or from the deli and have them cut them on 2 almost a 1 inch thickness, then I can slice them into logs or like the kraft sticks you see in the cheese section. This keeps me from eating to many (most the time, lol) and I aim harder to stay in my cheese allotment.

This week, I put my meals in small kits (call them my lowcarb lunchkits) and it keeps me from over eating and more conscious of my carb intake! and sticking with portion control.

Sorry to ramble so much. Your menu is very tempting. Glad you are doing well on the LC. More power to you. Happy eve. Mae
Old 06-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #1630
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

B- took vitamins (3g) Should I be taking my multivitamins everyday? I take them every other day or at least 2x a week b/c of the carb count in them. Any feedback would be great. 2 slices of bacon and 2 scrambled eggs

L-2 burger pizzas (ground beef patty as the 'crust', table spoon of tomato paste/pizza sauce, pinch of cheddar, pinch of mozzarella, few pepperoni slices to top it all off

D- scrambled eggs and sausage

enough water consumed today to make Noah and the Ark jealous..let me tell ya.

NOTE: Today was a coffee day for me. Luckily/As it turns out, I'm not that dependent on coffee. I don't "have to have it" like a lot of working people do. I can go days without a cup. In truth, I usually don't drink coffee until the weekend (Saturday and Sunday). That's probably a good thing, b/c when I do drink my coffee I pour on the creamer [i decided to stick with the store bought kind] and at 5 carbs per serving I should probably limit my coffee to once a week instead of two BUT i'm trying to shape and mold my eating habits into a routine that I can carry on into maintenance and beyond. When I do have these coffee days, the rest of the day, my beverage is water.

Thoughts? Comments? You know what to do... cheers.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #1631
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Today's Menu

B- took vitamins (3g) Should I be taking my multivitamins everyday? I take them every other day or at least 2x a week b/c of the carb count in them. Any feedback would be great. 2 slices of bacon and 2 scrambled eggs

L-2 burger pizzas (ground beef patty as the 'crust', table spoon of tomato paste/pizza sauce, pinch of cheddar, pinch of mozzarella, few pepperoni slices to top it all off

D- scrambled eggs and sausage

enough water consumed today to make Noah and the Ark jealous..let me tell ya.

NOTE: Today was a coffee day for me. Luckily/As it turns out, I'm not that dependent on coffee. I don't "have to have it" like a lot of working people do. I can go days without a cup. In truth, I usually don't drink coffee until the weekend (Saturday and Sunday). That's probably a good thing, b/c when I do drink my coffee I pour on the creamer [i decided to stick with the store bought kind] and at 5 carbs per serving I should probably limit my coffee to once a week instead of two BUT i'm trying to shape and mold my eating habits into a routine that I can carry on into maintenance and beyond. When I do have these coffee days, the rest of the day, my beverage is water.

Thoughts? Comments? You know what to do... cheers.
Sounds like a tasty menu. Keep up the good work. Understand about coffee, we all have our particulars on that. I try to stay with a few times a week or at least every other day. I measure about 2-3 TBSP in mine per 6-8 oz cup and that keeps the carbs way down, but gives it the right creaminess. Good you are building habits for when you go into maintenance. WTG. Have a good upcoming weekend all~!
Old 06-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #1632
Senior LCF Member

Did M&E for breakfast and lunch but started my "variety weekend" at 6pm for dinner.

Variety Weekend means eating SOME of the other low carb goodies I have around (salads and other greens, cream cheese, etc.) Don't worry i'm not going to go on a binge or anything, but just take in some VARIETY from the whole meat and eggs thing. But, it's straight back to it on Sunday at 6pm that's the plan anyway.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #1633
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Should I be taking my multivitamins everyday? I take them every other day or at least 2x a week b/c of the carb count in them. Any feedback would be great.
Hi, I always take a multivitamin everyday as it helps keep my energy levels up throughout the day and stops me from looking for something (i.e. food) to give me some energy in the afternoon. Not sure why your multivitamins would have a high carb count though?? That seems odd to me
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:46 AM   #1634
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
I have realised bus how lazy I have become. If I don't have hubby and the kids, Id m&e just so I wouldn't have to think. About meals. Seriously, it'd be meat, eggs, lettuce and cheese. Nothing else.

M&e certainly made me rethink meals quite a bit. I dont strictly m&e, but I dont bother with veges as much as I used to
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:04 AM   #1635
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tweety4life
Stats: 192.2/186.5/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 31, 2013
Hello everyone it has been a while since I have been here. Been through some things that I may discuss later but it was enough to set me back some on my focus to be a healthier me. I have been hovering around 185.6 for over 6 weeks. My lowest I have been since Jan 31st is 181.9 and that was on May 7th. The good news is my doctor does body weight analysis. So I have lost fat and gained muscle! Body fat percentage drop 4%!I walk 3-4 days a week for 15-25 minutes and strength training and/or weight lifting 2-3 times a week. I noticed that when I limit my workouts my body adapts better.

So I am starting M&E today because I want to move past this stall. I would love to just get under 180 by the end of June. I lose very slow now. I will try to do M&E for 2-4 days this week and see what happens. Happy losing!
tweety4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:47 AM   #1636
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bethm
Stats: 143/136.8/125
Start Date: 1/21/2013
Seems the day for joining back in! I'm game. I pushed into the 130's with a hip injury setback this year... It's been a process back but happy to say I walked/jogged 6.9 miles today on an inclined TM with virtually no pain. So I think I'm ready for he M&E plan to get me back in the 120's. currently at 137.
Hello to All !
bethm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #1637
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Did M&E for breakfast and lunch but started my "variety weekend" at 6pm for dinner.

Variety Weekend means eating SOME of the other low carb goodies I have around (salads and other greens, cream cheese, etc.) Don't worry i'm not going to go on a binge or anything, but just take in some VARIETY from the whole meat and eggs thing. But, it's straight back to it on Sunday at 6pm that's the plan anyway.
You can do it NAF. Hope you had a good weekend. Sometimes you need variety to keep going.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:00 PM   #1638
Senior LCF Member

Happy Sunday All

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethm View Post
Seems the day for joining back in! I'm game. I pushed into the 130's with a hip injury setback this year... It's been a process back but happy to say I walked/jogged 6.9 miles today on an inclined TM with virtually no pain. So I think I'm ready for he M&E plan to get me back in the 120's. currently at 137.
Hello to All !
BethM: Glad you're back here. Sorry about your hip injury. I hope you're healing well. Great going on the walking, walking's good for a lot of things, isn't it? We're rooting for you! Here for any support!

tweety4life: Glad you are doing better and welcome back!! I like to walk too and I bet you can lose under 180 by end of June! Good luck, we're here for you.

Welcome back to Tashydoll, & lilbeetle also! We've missed ya. Hope all is well with you all. Have a great Sunday. Mae
Old 06-23-2013, 02:46 PM   #1639
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweety4life View Post
Hello everyone it has been a while since I have been here. Been through some things that I may discuss later but it was enough to set me back some on my focus to be a healthier me. I have been hovering around 185.6 for over 6 weeks. My lowest I have been since Jan 31st is 181.9 and that was on May 7th. The good news is my doctor does body weight analysis. So I have lost fat and gained muscle! Body fat percentage drop 4%!I walk 3-4 days a week for 15-25 minutes and strength training and/or weight lifting 2-3 times a week. I noticed that when I limit my workouts my body adapts better.

So I am starting M&E today because I want to move past this stall. I would love to just get under 180 by the end of June. I lose very slow now. I will try to do M&E for 2-4 days this week and see what happens. Happy losing!

Good luck. Be sure to tell us how it goes!
Old 06-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #1640
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hello to All !

Let us know how you are doing with the M&E plan. Good Luck I know you will do great.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #1641
Senior LCF Member

Alrighty, so it's time for week 2 of the M&E plan for me! Surprisingly, I got through it without a hitch last week. After all I was raised on eggs and meat and toast for breakfast everyday as a child.... so it's pretty much the same minus the white bread of course! :-)

It's currently 5:52 and had planned to start M&E at dinner... BUT I couldn't wait to get back to it, I started at breakfast.

So, Today's menu so far has been and dinner will be...

B- 2 slices of bacon, 2 sausage patties, 2 fried eggs
L- 2 ground beef patties with cheese/cheese melt (2 carbs per serving, but I use less than the 1 1/4 recommendation
Snack- two tall glasses of plain water with ice cubes

Dinner will be another ground beef patty and probably 1 scrambled egg on the side. OR scrambled eggs and bacon haven't really decided yet.

BONUS THOUGHTS: I'm going to try to incorporate 2 or 3 days worth of exercise this week. I've decided that my main cardio these days will be skipping rope/jumping rope. So many videos online saying it's such a quick way to burn fat and calories in as little as 15 mins (beginners). As someone who doesn't like to exercise, I am all for that! Here's hoping I can skip my way into some 40 inch pants within the next month.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:53 AM   #1642
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bethm
Stats: 143/136.8/125
Start Date: 1/21/2013
NAF- jumping rope is killer lol. I can walk, jog,run, bike etc... With no problems.... I tested myself a few weeks back by doing two minutes of solid hard jumping jacks. I nearly passed out. A mini crossfit routine works well for smashing fat...think 2 minutes rope jumping, 20 push ups, 20 burpees, 20 sit ups and repeat...as many times as you can in the allowed time.
Now if I could only take my own advise on a consistent basis ! I tend to max myself out on the treadmill and skip the weight/body movements.:0
bethm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:49 AM   #1643
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

B- 2 eggs, 2 slices of bacon and to drink HWC blended with Torani vanilla sugar Free syrup and ice cubes (my version of carnation instant breakfast)

Planned for the rest of the day
L- 2 beef patties with alfredo sauce (2carbs)
D- 1 beef pattie with 1 scrambled egg
Snacks/weak moments = pepperoni slices

Total carbs today: 5 carbs.. eh, 6 if i end up getting carried away with the alfredo. LOL
Old 06-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #1644
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
NAF- jumping rope is killer lol. I can walk, jog,run, bike etc... With no problems.... I tested myself a few weeks back by doing two minutes of solid hard jumping jacks. I nearly passed out. A mini crossfit routine works well for smashing fat...think 2 minutes rope jumping, 20 push ups, 20 burpees, 20 sit ups and repeat...as many times as you can in the allowed time.
Now if I could only take my own advise on a consistent basis ! I tend to max myself out on the treadmill and skip the weight/body movements.:0
LOL Beth: I hear ya! I wish I could jump rope again, but knees won't let me. I do a lot of walking instead, some weights too a few days a week. It's slow but works for me. I do half jacks so that helps. You'll do fine, just do what you can.

NAF: I hear ya, grins. Good luck with your program and yeah for staying on your eating plan. WTG.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #1645
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Today's Menu

B- 2 eggs, 2 slices of bacon and to drink HWC blended with Torani vanilla sugar Free syrup and ice cubes (my version of carnation instant breakfast)

Planned for the rest of the day
L- 2 beef patties with alfredo sauce (2carbs)
D- 1 beef pattie with 1 scrambled egg
Snacks/weak moments = pepperoni slices

Total carbs today: 5 carbs.. eh, 6 if i end up getting carried away with the alfredo. LOL
Sounds like a good menu to me. Keep up the good work.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #1646
Senior LCF Member

Questions for all

What's the most weight each of you lost in a week on M/E? What were your menus like? Anyone want to do a challenge, after the Fourth of July Holiday? Maybe on the 6th and just for a week? And who's starting the July thread?

I think the most I've ever lost was 7.5 lbs in 6 days on the M/E. Of course mostly eating, Meat & Eggs. And that's even having a little bit of fat added, like an ounce of cheese or a bit of mayo or sour cream. Maybe a little spinach in an omelett. Or a nightly sip of H/H. lol.

Also, how do you all feel that the support here is helping you? Would you change anything? Do you feel there is more support you need; different kind even? Just curious. No need to answer if you don't wanna. Take care and happy LCing all. Mae
Old 06-25-2013, 03:02 AM   #1647
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
What's the most weight each of you lost in a week on M/E? What were your menus like? Anyone want to do a challenge, after the Fourth of July Holiday? Maybe on the 6th and just for a week? And who's starting the July thread?

I think the most I've ever lost was 7.5 lbs in 6 days on the M/E. Of course mostly eating, Meat & Eggs. And that's even having a little bit of fat added, like an ounce of cheese or a bit of mayo or sour cream. Maybe a little spinach in an omelett. Or a nightly sip of H/H. lol.

Also, how do you all feel that the support here is helping you? Would you change anything? Do you feel there is more support you need; different kind even? Just curious. No need to answer if you don't wanna. Take care and happy LCing all. Mae

What's the most weight you've lost on M&E?
I do NOT weigh myself. This is for 2 reasons; one, I do not own a scale (buying one with the next paycheck) and two but the most important reason is, the whole reason I started Atkins and Low Carb way of eating was to lose inches and fit into smaller clothes. So far, I am doing that. I now can get into 42in waisted shorts. In the closet I have pairs of 48 waisted dress pants that I used to wear to work daily. If I can help it, I will never get that big again. As long as I can fit in smaller clothes, and be healthy I could care less what I weigh to be quite honest.

Up for a weekly challenge after July 4th? If it means losing more weight/dropping more pounds, sure I'm game.

How's the support? I like it! I like hearing people's stories and menus. It can help you when your out of menu ideas and motivate you to continue on when people share their success stories.

Would you change anything? Nothing comes to mind.I appreciate #1 whomever created lowcarbfriends.com all those many years ago and #2 every member who have and will contribute to the form with their insights, questions, feedback, stories of success and failure and perseverance.

Last edited by NewestAtkinsFan; 06-25-2013 at 03:03 AM..
Old 06-25-2013, 09:07 AM   #1648
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
What's the most weight you've lost on M&E?
I do NOT weigh myself. This is for 2 reasons; one, I do not own a scale (buying one with the next paycheck) and two but the most important reason is, the whole reason I started Atkins and Low Carb way of eating was to lose inches and fit into smaller clothes. So far, I am doing that. I now can get into 42in waisted shorts. In the closet I have pairs of 48 waisted dress pants that I used to wear to work daily. If I can help it, I will never get that big again. As long as I can fit in smaller clothes, and be healthy I could care less what I weigh to be quite honest.

Up for a weekly challenge after July 4th? If it means losing more weight/dropping more pounds, sure I'm game.

How's the support? I like it! I like hearing people's stories and menus. It can help you when your out of menu ideas and motivate you to continue on when people share their success stories.

Would you change anything? Nothing comes to mind.I appreciate #1 whomever created lowcarbfriends.com all those many years ago and #2 every member who have and will contribute to the form with their insights, questions, feedback, stories of success and failure and perseverance.
Awesome, NAF, couldn't agree with you more. Scales don't matter as long as the inches come off and you are healthier, quite agree. I'm not a scales person either, but occasionally I do look, currently weigh in on Wednesdays, if I remember to lol. I like the support here too, great for whomever started it, it's been around a long time. Good going on your continued success. I think we do help each other here. Have a great week. Mae
Old 06-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #1649
Senior LCF Member

6/25/2013 menu

B- 2 strips/slices of bacon, 3 scrambled eggs (did not finish the whole plate)
L- finished what was left from breakfast, one ground beef pattie with a sliver of cheese melt on top
Snack- 'carnation instant breakfast' beverage
Dinner- some combination of eggs and bacon

Got up at 5am to get in my 20 minute jump roping workout today. thought i was gonna die (legs burned so bad and got tired so quickly) but guess that's what a good workout does. Weather permitting, I will get up and do it again tomorrow morning.

Last edited by NewestAtkinsFan; 06-25-2013 at 12:10 PM..
Old 06-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #1650
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
As I read thru the pages and pages on this...one thing besudes is it scares me. The thought of being in ketosis scares me for some reason? I'm intrigued enough to play around, maybe with this, but, what can I expect? I have a large family so I can't be all sick and stuff - I have much going on, but this has really intrigued me. I have been mostly PhD and am currently potato hacking for a few days thins week. I really don't have a ton to loose. Any thoughts?
Mamatomany is offline   Reply With Quote