Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #1591
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Since I was still M&Eing up till yesterday, I'll put this mornings weight in here

63.5kg/139.9

Thats me for now, although I might come back if I do a prolonged stall again
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2013, 08:01 AM   #1592
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth2013
Stats: 165/133/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 1, 2013
Totally forgot to weigh this morning. I think it's only the second time in 70-something days on the fast.

Probably for the best. DH stopped at a barbeque place on his way home last night and bought smoked brisket and a bunch of sides, of course.

I ignored the potato salad, coleslaw and beans, but did put some of the bbq sauce on my meat. Sooooo good, but tasted a bit sweet so I'm sure there was sugar in it They also gave him a bunch of pickled peppers, dill pickles, etc. and I was pretty tempted. Too much salt I'm sure, so happy my willpower won out.

Other than that, feeling pretty great so it's back on plan today!
Beth2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #1593
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth2013 View Post
Totally forgot to weigh this morning. I think it's only the second time in 70-something days on the fast.

Probably for the best. DH stopped at a barbeque place on his way home last night and bought smoked brisket and a bunch of sides, of course.

I ignored the potato salad, coleslaw and beans, but did put some of the bbq sauce on my meat. Sooooo good, but tasted a bit sweet so I'm sure there was sugar in it They also gave him a bunch of pickled peppers, dill pickles, etc. and I was pretty tempted. Too much salt I'm sure, so happy my willpower won out.

Other than that, feeling pretty great so it's back on plan today!

Wow, 70+days. That's amazing. Have you stalled at all? Mind sharing your total amount of weight loss these past 70 days?
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #1594
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
First day back on M&E for quite some time...loving it

Menu for today:
B: Coffee with HWC & CO, 2 x boiled eggs
L: 2 x boiled eggs, 50g of ham, coffee with splash full fat milk
D: 150g of chicken stuffed with cheese & bacon
S: (Maybe if hungry later) Decaf frozen coffee made with ice, HWC, and stevia in the blender
3ltrs of water

Feeling good today; sometimes I get a bit nauseous on the first day but have made sure to keep the fat content high and the water intake constant. Forgot to weigh in this morning so won't know if I dropped any weight tomorrow but usually have a good idea by my clothes

Hope everyone has a fab day

Can someone please tell me what "CO" stands for in regards to coffee? Im pretty sure "HWC" is heavy whippping cream, right?
Old 06-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #1595
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Can someone please tell me what "CO" stands for in regards to coffee? Im pretty sure "HWC" is heavy whippping cream, right?
Hi, it's coconut oil. I use it to add some fat content to my M&E fast as you need to ensure you are not just consuming protein or your body will not be able to process it. It also flushes out your system a bit, if you know what I mean And yes, HWC is heavy whipping cream

Thanks for the welcome back Beth Good work on your willpower, that's awesome! Weighed this morning and am down 2.2lbs since I last weighed, which was a couple of days before M&E.... pretty happy with that actually and hopefully it will continue on for the next couple of days til I finish this stint of M&E.

Progress
Day 1: forgot to weigh
Day 2: -2.2

Yesterday's menu
B: Coffee with HWC & CO, 2 x boiled eggs
L: Small piece of leftover chicken, 3 x boiled eggs mashed with mayo.
S: Piece of ham
D: Thai beef soup - rump steak cooked and cut up, in soup (stock, fresh ginger, fresh cut up chillis, fresh coriander cut up, squeeze of lime juice, splash of fish sauce, and tsp of stevia) Couple of things in there off plan but they are in such small amounts it never bothers me and it's DIVINE!
S: Small slice of cheese (off plan and a bit evil as far as my progress goes but was hungry because I ate dinner so early... doesn't seem to have affected my weight loss )

Was feeling a bit rubbish yesterday, nausea and headache, so I upped my water intake and it sorted it out.

Hope everyone has a fab day. Happy losing
Old 06-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #1596
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Since I was still M&Eing up till yesterday, I'll put this mornings weight in here

63.5kg/139.9

Thats me for now, although I might come back if I do a prolonged stall again
That's awesome lilbeetle, well done

Marking assignments at the moment and staffroom put on an evil looking morning tea so I thought it might be a good time to remove myself from the situation to avoid temptation!

Today's menu (so far)
B: Coffee with HWC, 2 x boiled eggs
L: Leftover Thai beef soup, 1/2 avocado
S: Boiled egg, coffee
D: (planned) Homemade chicken curry (made with spices & dash of HWC) and maybe a dollop of natural yoghurt on top if I'm feeling a bit tempted
Lots and lots and lots of water.

Here's hoping for a loss tomorrow due to my willpower to stay away from that morning tea today!
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #1597
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Day 2: -2.2

Fabulous! I need to move in with you and learn your tricks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan
Wow, 70+days. That's amazing. Have you stalled at all? Mind sharing your total amount of weight loss these past 70 days?
Not 'stalled' exactly, but would get 'stuck' on same weight for days at a time (frustrating), but appreciated the support of other fasters here.

Last December I was over 170 lbs., but lost some with the 'flu diet', so started Jan. 1 at 165. I lost 5 lbs./mo. (Jan. thru March) just doing general low carb and cutting out grains, refined sugar etc. So, when I started the M/E fast on 4/1 I was 150 lbs. and have lost another 15 lbs. My best month was April when I lost 10 lbs., now it's slow-going probably because I'm 10 lbs. from what I've decided I want my goal weight to be.

I *think* I'll eventually get there, just not sure when. It's a great plan and, if you decide to give it a try, I hope you like it as much as I do. I'm not always as strict as I probably should be (was at the beginning). I like the amount and type of foods we get to eat, but I grumble a lot about missing certain things (salads, veggies).

Was hoping to be done by now, but what's that saying about 'the best laid plans'?
Old 06-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #1598
Senior LCF Member

Haha Beth! No tricks up my sleeve I promise To prove it, the scales didn't budge at all this morning! My body must have held on in anticipation of receiving something naughty to eat yesterday Actually I ate a HUGE dinner last night as I was very hungry, so often that will result in a delayed weight loss for me (stupid body!)

Decided that yesterday was going to be my last day and just do a 3 day stint. Will be back in a week or 2 to do another one but will still be reading everyone's posts to inspire me and get me back in the game

BTW, you are doing amazingly Beth and you should be really proud of how much you have achieved... well done

Happy losing everyone...
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:40 AM   #1599
Senior LCF Member

Thank you for those kind words, Tashy. The last few months have been interesting, and not without challenges. Nothing major, though. Growing a bit weary of it and seriously thinking it may be time to try my hand at some 'maintaining'.

I found an old copy of my QWL book by Dr. Stillman the other day and had forgotten that's what he kind of recommends -- lose well on QWL, maintain, lose some more. I think it's time since we'll be leaving for our son's wedding in just a couple of short weeks and I'll face some food challenges during that time, I'm sure.

I won't be following a specific maintenance plan just now, though. Just back to general low-carb...no refined sugars, processed foods, grains. When we get back home, I'll either start up with M/E again for a while or try JUUDD for maintenance (and maybe a bit more losing). We'll see.

Good luck with your continued losses. And thanks again for all the support -- I'd have quit a long time ago without it.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #1600
Senior LCF Member

Just started my M&E fast today

B- one egg scrambled, 2 sausages
L- ground beef patty, 2 scrambled eggs, Velveeta cheese sauce on the side

So far, this is VERY doable, no complaints here... but I wanted someone's opinion: Am I causing more harm than good with the Velveeta cheese sauce (couple of slices of velvetta 4oz worth, melted in HWC)?
Old 06-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #1601
Senior LCF Member

The thread-starter back on p.2 states, "No cheese", so when I started the fast I followed her advice. I think some fasters were able to include it in small amounts with no problems (not sure about the Velveeta, though).

My suggestion is if you're not losing as well as you expect to, ditch it for a while to see if it's a problem for you. It's possible your body can handle the carbs and sodium -- mine couldn't.

First day! Awesome. Drink lots and lots of water. And then a bit more water
Old 06-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #1602
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
The thread-starter back on p.2 states, "No cheese", so when I started the fast I followed her advice. I think some fasters were able to include it in small amounts with no problems (not sure about the Velveeta, though).

My suggestion is if you're not losing as well as you expect to, ditch it for a while to see if it's a problem for you. It's possible your body can handle the carbs and sodium -- mine couldn't.

First day! Awesome. Drink lots and lots of water. And then a bit more water

Fair enough. I'll give it a go. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #1603
Senior LCF Member

I googled M&E fast and spent a couple of days reading all the various links I got. Im planing on doing the fast again the next time the kids go away and I will be doing it heavy on the eggs, and light on the meat, hold the veges and cheese.

It seems like a vegeless version of Atkins Induction circa 1972
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #1604
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I googled M&E fast and spent a couple of days reading all the various links I got. Im planing on doing the fast again the next time the kids go away and I will be doing it heavy on the eggs, and light on the meat, hold the veges and cheese.

It seems like a vegeless version of Atkins Induction circa 1972

Interesting. Maybe I'll try that too.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:13 AM   #1605
Senior LCF Member

Today's menu

B- 3 scrambled eggs mixed with sausage (everything cooked in butter)
planned lunch- ground beef patty and a hardboiled egg
dinner-chicken or ground beef
Old 06-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #1606
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/177/173; 5'6", 53 yrs
WOE: JUDDD / CAD
Start Date: 6/7/12
in hearing about the "2 day diet", by harvie, i decided to give it a try. i haven't read the book (waiting for it in the mail), but it sounds an awful lot like M/E 2 days, with moderate eating the other 5. doing it "my" way, i did 2 M/E days, had a moderate day, and today i'm making it a M/E day. i'm suspicious that just 2 of these days a week would bring me decent losses, and since i find this woe so satisfying, i'm considering doing M & E every other day. i've also considered doing M/E Mon-thurs, with fri-sun moderate. i think this is something you could change around, to accommodate special events.

solid M/E days, too many in a row, would definitely look good on the scale, but i like the idea that what i'll be losing will not so much be water. yes, at a slower pace, but those pounds would be "real".

anyway, i'm just in this woe for 4 days, and i do believe this is it! with other diets, i've gotten excited about them, thinking that "maybe" this is the ticket, but i seriously think this is something doable in the short term and the long haul. there's really no deprivation on M/E days, and the moderated days are how i should be eating anyway.

so far, i lost almost 2 pounds and an inch off my hips (5" to go!).
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #1607
Senior LCF Member

I think M&E works because its as close to zero carbs as you can get. I liked the results I got but during my google searching I did see a lot of people regained half to al the weight once they started eating again. I've regained about 25%, but Im sticking to strick induction food right now.

One of the ideas that came up again and again was to mix up the routine with M&E so your body doesnt get used to a certain WOE and make metabolic adjustments to preserve weight. Because I have small people here I dont want to M&E when they're around - teaching bad habits, makes me grumpy, they tend to only want to eat what I do - but I think I can do it every 3rd weekend.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #1608
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
a lot of people regained half to al the weight once they started eating again.
Holy cow, I wonder what they were eating??

I think I must be, at the least, subconsciously worried about it though. I had told myself that I'd start 'maintenance' today, but so far I've stuck to my usual of meat and eggs.

Not sure what my problem is -- maybe just lazy!

Tomorrow, for sure!!!

Fan: Good looking menu you've got there! Mine's really similar, except I had bacon w/my eggs for breakfast. (And extra HWC in my coffee -- just love that stuff)!!!

Jenericstewart: I like your plan...a lot! I'd love to find a way to incorporate this fast (which I love) into my maintenance scheme. Should be doable if I LC JUDDD instead of counting calories.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #1609
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Holy cow, I wonder what they were eating??

I think I must be, at the least, subconsciously worried about it though. I had told myself that I'd start 'maintenance' today, but so far I've stuck to my usual of meat and eggs.

Not sure what my problem is -- maybe just lazy!

Tomorrow, for sure!!!

Fan: Good looking menu you've got there! Mine's really similar, except I had bacon w/my eggs for breakfast. (And extra HWC in my coffee -- just love that stuff)!!!

Jenericstewart: I like your plan...a lot! I'd love to find a way to incorporate this fast (which I love) into my maintenance scheme. Should be doable if I LC JUDDD instead of counting calories.
Hi All, sorry been away from computer and forums for a little while. Glad to see all here. Fan that is a good menu. You'll do fine.
Beth, sometimes I do that too. Mix LC/Judd or ME/Atkins, for like up and down days. I go back up if I get off my own LC version.
Jenneris: you can do it, your plan does sound good. Hope everyone else is doing well.
Hope you all have a lovely weekend; will post again soon. MP
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:36 PM   #1610
Senior LCF Member

Hey Beth, your chicken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
OOH Beth that chicken sounds yummy, I'm gonna try that! Will let you know how it goes. Thanks for tip on pork rinds. Thank you for the compliment. Books and food, they just go together don't they? LOL, hmm maybe I should fix the website up like that lol.

"Any ways, I reached my goal this week (my first mini one) I am now under 250. I weighed in at 248 this morning. Gonna try to get under 200 by sometime in august, I think that's doable. Hope everyone else is doing well. Take care. MP
I tried it Beth, awesome. I didn't get enough PR's on it but twas still great. I may tweak it with some different spices next time. Good luck, happy weekend. Mae
Old 06-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #1611
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Should I feel bad that when I do have coffee i pour a decent amount of store-brand creamer into it? I just like my coffee sweet and HWC +Splenda doesnt cut it. Would Stevia be better/sweeter?

Last edited by NewestAtkinsFan; 06-15-2013 at 03:56 PM..
Old 06-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #1612
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Should I feel bad that when I do have coffee i pour a decent amount of store-brand creamer into it? I just like my coffee sweet and HWC +Splenda doesnt cut it. Would Stevia be better/sweeter?
I used to love that stuff! I was kind of addicted to it. On some of them, you might note that the first couple of ingredients are sugar and corn syrup, though so perhaps not optimal for our fast.

After a while, you might come to see it as a sort of 'cleanse' and really won't miss all the additives we were regularly consuming pre-fast. There are so many good things that happen to our bodies on this WOE it's hard to list them all, but you'll definitely begin to notice a general feeling of well-being shortly.

I'm not crazy about Splenda, but I really like the EZ-Sweetz I get from both Walmart and Netrition (just filtered water and sucralose -- no fillers) and HWC is just decadent to me I'll sometimes add a splash of Hazlenut syrup or Toffee-flavored extract to change it up.

Or, if you want to experiment some, there are some great recipes online for homemade SF coffee creamers (both powdered and liquid). I plan to make one using homemade SF sweetened condensed milk and HWC soon.

But, again, your body may be able to handle things another cannot so you have to kind of play around with tweaks of your menus and keep notes so you can reference what's working and what seems to not be working. It becomes intuitive after a while and you'll just know without even thinking about it much.

HTH!
Old 06-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #1613
Senior LCF Member

Will def be looking for EZ-Sweetz my next Walmart visit. Is it in the same asile as Splenda?
Old 06-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #1614
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
I tried it Beth, awesome. I didn't get enough PR's on it but twas still great. I may tweak it with some different spices next time. Good luck, happy weekend. Mae
We just love chicken that way, now! I made up a bunch the other night so I could have some reheated and sliced for lunch. Found some delicious Chipotle Cremora Sauce that delivers just the right amount of heat! So happy you tried it and liked it
Old 06-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #1615
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Will def be looking for EZ-Sweetz my next Walmart visit. Is it in the same asile as Splenda?
Yes. Tiny little bottle -- if you blink you'll miss it
Old 06-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #1616
Senior LCF Member

Awesome ill try it with my coffee with hwc.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #1617
Senior LCF Member

Today 6/17/13

B- 1 egg, 1 sausage, side of butter
L- sausage quiche (1 carb)
D- hamburger patty and 1 sausage quiche, side of butter

Carb count = < 5
Old 06-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #1618
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Today 6/17/13

B- 1 egg, 1 sausage, side of butter
L- sausage quiche (1 carb)
D- hamburger patty and 1 sausage quiche, side of butter

Carb count = < 5
NewAtkinsFan: great menu, been doing M & E myself these last few days. Gain a few pounds back last weigh in so going fairly strict with it. Made up a few days of food so will just go with that, then don't have to cook other than warm it up. Things like smash bowls and some meat, boiled eggs and such. Keep up the good work.

Beth, Thanks! I'll definitely make again. How are you? Doing ok here.

Hi to everyone else. MP
Old 06-18-2013, 05:46 AM   #1619
Senior LCF Member

Good morning, Fan and Mae! Happy to see fellow fasters checking in -- although, technically, I suppose I'm an ex-faster!

Mae - good job on keeping it clean! It's such a great feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day when we're able to do that. Srsly motivating!

I'm slowly easing into maintenance -- so far only adding fiber in the form of fresh spinach, but thrilled to see another loss this morning and a new low of 134... I'm using a dressing of olive oil and balsamic vinegar on the spinach -- delicious! (I know the balsamic is a no-no because it has a bit of sugar, but I use it sparingly - heavy on the EVOO, though lol).

Wishing you all a LOSING Tuesday!!!

Yesterday's menu:
B: Large Coffee w/HWC and CO x2
L: Steak stir-fry (left-overs) w/1 cup fresh spinach
D: Deviled eggs w/huge spinach salad (just finished off the bag -- at least 3 generous cups)
Old 06-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #1620
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

B- 1 sausage patty, 1 scrambled egg, water
L- sausage quiche
Snack- 1 scrambled egg and half a burger patty side of mayo
D- remaining half of the burger patty, 2 scrambled eggs