Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #1561
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Happy upcoming weekend all.

Like Beth said, Many swooshes to you all. Thanks Beth. Ditto.
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2013, 02:27 PM   #1562
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Hi there M&Eers. I've decided to come over to your side Ive been LC for a couple of months and lost 20ish pounds. I have 10-15 to go and hit the dreaded stall, today being day 18. My calories are generally between 1500-1800, but I work out most days. My carbs are <45. I looked at M&E and fat fast, and ******* but think this one is going to be less traumatic my family are away for the weekend so it should reduce the temptation and possible backlash on those I live with and mostly love

Today so far I had 1/4 small 'roadkill chicken'. Thats a style of cooking, not a source of aquisition
Old 06-07-2013, 12:05 AM   #1563
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sanda79
Stats: 103.8kg/98.4kg/55kg
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 2013
I started the meat & egg fast last week friday but i did'nt lose a single pound! I only lost weight on my first week of induction (11 lbs), three weeks after that i have'nt lost a thing! I don't know if its because TOM started yesterday. Although i also have'nt lost any inches since induction, the strange (nice) thing is that my pants are looser compared to last week.
Sanda79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:04 AM   #1564
Senior LCF Member

I had that a couple of times, no scale movement, but pants were looser. Recently Ive had nothing, hence the M&E.

I have no idea what I'll weigh tomorrow. I can say I hurt! Meat is funny. One minute youre eating and its all good, and the next mouthful BAM! You're over full and wanting some release.
B: 1/4 chicken
L: 3 smoked peppercorn sausages with chedder
D: KFC double down
S: mini cheesecake because I had no eggs and I was hungry
3x tea with HWC
2lt water.

Hopefully less calories tommorrow since I have bought eggs. Mind you, carbs were pretty microscopic.
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #1565
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth2013
Stats: 165/133/125
Start Date: January 1, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanda79 View Post
I started the meat & egg fast last week friday but i did'nt lose a single pound! I only lost weight on my first week of induction (11 lbs), three weeks after that i have'nt lost a thing! I don't know if its because TOM started yesterday. Although i also have'nt lost any inches since induction, the strange (nice) thing is that my pants are looser compared to last week.
Argh! That's so disappointing and I can feel the frustration in your post. Although I lost pretty well at the beginning of this fast, I wasn't coming off induction (just a general lowering of carbs) and that might be the difference. I did flounder a bit in the beginning, but a couple of fasting vets (Hi Tashy & Lori) generously helped me with some tweaks (menus and adding CO into my diet) and they really helped.

Another thing I'd do when I was about to give up is go back and read this thread from the beginning. Some great motivation in those older posts and I learned a lot. I'm a daily weigher (can't help it lol) so there were weeks when I really wanted to throw in the towel and find another plan, but then I'd go 'closet shopping' and that was the trick I needed to stick with it. I still don't understand how our bodies can get smaller without seeing a loss on the scales -- I just know it does!

I still sometimes do the 'second-guessing' and wonder if I'd have lost faster and better with another plan (especially on those days that I can barely face another egg or chicken breast) but then I remember how lazy I am (which is why I chose this plan in the first place).

I doubt I've helped much (I'm still tweaking like crazy in hopes of reaching my July goal, but I'm resigned to the fact that it likely won't happen, c'est la vie).

lilbeetle! I hear you on the meat! There are days that I just can't face it, so I'll either stick with bacon or fry my meat in bacon grease. That helps some. You're so close to your goal!!! Crazy how those last few pounds just resist being evicted, isn't it??? Bwahahaha -- we'll win the battle in the end!
Beth2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #1566
Senior LCF Member

Absolutely.

A bit disapointed I wasnt down on the scale this morning, but hey, its day one.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #1567
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Hi there M&Eers. I've decided to come over to your side Ive been LC for a couple of months and lost 20ish pounds. I have 10-15 to go and hit the dreaded stall, today being day 18. My calories are generally between 1500-1800, but I work out most days. My carbs are <45. I looked at M&E and fat fast, and ******* but think this one is going to be less traumatic my family are away for the weekend so it should reduce the temptation and possible backlash on those I live with and mostly love

Today so far I had 1/4 small 'roadkill chicken'. Thats a style of cooking, not a source of aquisition
I understand the roadkill method, lol. You can do it Lilbeetle! and a big to you and Sanda, glad you both are aboard, there's a great group here. MP
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:52 AM   #1568
Senior LCF Member

Not really happy. I checked my cals for the 2 days Ive been on this WOE and yesterday was over 2000 and today, even with behaving Im still over 1900. The only good bit was my carbs were 3. I cant see me losing weight when Im eating such a lot.

How are you all managing to stay under 1500? I couldnt do it when I was doing NK. I couldnt do it when I was doing straight Atkins
Old 06-08-2013, 07:37 AM   #1569
Senior LCF Member

I've never tracked the calories I'm eating on this fast. I actually chose this plan so I wouldn't have to count anything (pure laziness). But, it's been mentioned here a couple of times that it might not be a bad idea to at least take a look. I'm a little bit scared lol.

I suppose it wouldn't kill me to try to limit my meat and eggs to 1500 a day and see what happens. My biggest fear has always been hunger. I know me and if I'm hungry, I'll never stick with it.

I need to get one of those little books or find a calorie listing online. Ugh...so time consuming - I'd rather be reading low-carb recipes lol,
Old 06-08-2013, 08:04 AM   #1570
Senior LCF Member

Phooey -- think I'll have to start weighing what I eat, too. Maybe just the proteins, though.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #1571
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sanda79
Stats: 103.8kg/98.4kg/55kg
Start Date: May 2013
Hi Lilbeetle, i know the feeling of being so sick of meat & eggs but i kept myself going by just focusing on the next meal only, not the whole week ahead and i kept reminding myself of why i decided to do the fast in the first place, you can do it :-)
Beth, actually you've helped me a lot, i was still wondering which other plan i can jump to then i read your post that you also felt the same way but stuck with it because LC is such an easy plan to stick to. Me too, i can't find any plan this simple & which does not make me obsess about food or feel deprived. I'll go through the M&E fast thread from the beginning to re-motivate myself.
Hello Maepowers and thanks for the welcome!
Sanda79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #1572
Senior LCF Member

Sorry about my melt down last night, but I stand corrected. You can eat 2000 calories and lose weights. 1.5 pound apparently. Who knew.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #1573
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Sorry about my melt down last night, but I stand corrected. You can eat 2000 calories and lose weights. 1.5 pound apparently. Who knew.
Hi Lilbeetle... that's great news about your loss. I was just reading your other posts and going to say that TOM causes me to not lose a single gram on this WOE and all of a sudden my weight will just start moving again.

Was also looking at your menu and maybe salt could be an issue for you?? Are the sausages you ate high in salt? Also the KFC double down, doesn't that have cheese and I imagine it is packed with salt too? If I could make a suggestion it would be to start with pure M&E first off, avoid processed meats and then as you find your feet try to add a bit of cheese in or some sausages (but only one or the other when you first start trying) and then it will be easy to isolate things that affect your losses/gains. I had added cheese in a few times on days I had processed meats also and couldn't work out what the culprit was...once I only had the cheese as an addition I worked out that it was the problem (even a little bit ) Even though this WOE is fairly forgiving regarding what you eat and how much, I still thing going back to basics sometimes and checking how much/what we eat helps to work out where we are going wrong

Anyway it's all trial an error and as I've mentioned heaps of times, everyone is different and my suggestions may not work for you, but if you are willing to keep plugging away at it and make small changes you will get it right eventually

Good luck and keep up the great work too!

Last edited by tashydoll; 06-08-2013 at 03:04 PM..
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #1574
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tashydoll. The double down was a bit of an accident. I had watched a youtube clip earlier on in the day, where one of the LC 'guru's' and his wife ate them and then talked about how they fitted in a LC diet. I was in town buying my eggs and meat, and noticed the zinger double down was going to be taken off the market...and I guess I just thought it wouldnt hurt.

Generally I neeed to consume quite a lot of salt, always have. I have very low blood pressure and LCing has made it even lower. My heart rate this morning was 49 beats, which was down on my normal 55. Im guess the M&E is the cause of that. I also take mag and potassium as well as centrum.

Cheese hasnt been a problem for me in the past, but apart from the slice in the DD and in the cream cheese cloud I am chessefree TOM is due in 6 days, so if I hadnt had my wee loss this morning, I would have gone a whole cycle without a drop, and actually up a few. This morning's loss puts me back on my lowest weight of 142 which I logged 20 days ago!

Anyway I had today, and tommorrow breakfast left and then its back to OWL, but I think I might do a couple of days at induction just so I dont shock the system. If I manage to maintain, I might make this a weekend event until I reach goal.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #1575
Senior LCF Member

I forgot my menu

B: 2 chicken drums and a boiled egg
L: the other 3 smoked peppercorn sausages with chedder and a boiled egg
D: 2 pork sirloins and a boiled egg
S: a cream cheese cloud and a chicken drum
D: 3x tea with HWC
2lt water
Old 06-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #1576
Senior LCF Member

1.5 lbs.!!! Awesome drop!

Old 06-09-2013, 08:06 AM   #1577
Senior LCF Member

This morning's weigh-in -- 136.8. Been bouncing between 136.2 and 136.8 for a few days now.

And...diminished appetite. Very unpleasant (haven't tested with the sticks for weeks, but yesterday's test revealed 'Large', which I suspected with the loss of appetite).

Having coffee with HWC and CO at the moment. That will keep me full for hours and hours.

Wishing everyone a 'losing' Sunday!
Old 06-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #1578
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
i've been a lurker from the beginning... i've been considering doing a M/E fast mon-thurs, with < 50 carbs Fri-Sun.

i'm such a slow loser, it sometimes drives me mad! maybe i should just try this for awhile. i'm not too keen on the idea of losing weight that will swiftly clomp back onto my hips, though.

any thoughts?

Last edited by jenericstewart; 06-09-2013 at 04:17 PM..
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #1579
Senior LCF Member

140.8 and my cals were still 1800. I just get those puppies down. I'm definatly not constantly hungry like I was before low carbibg, but its been pretty rare for me to experience the compete loss of hunger I read about. I also went back to checking the stix over the weekend, never got above trace. Still, I have lost nearly 2 pounds in 3 days and that more than I had for nearly 3 weeks. My plan I too continue until my family gets hone today, and then just reintroduce lettuce for 2 days and hopefully that will help cement the loss.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #1580
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoangel View Post
Hello ALL

This will be FUN!
I already lost 4.9lbs in three days

I started four days ago and went from 148.4 to 143.5 that's a number that I haven't been able to get to in a couple months of being pretty strick LC-LCHF.
I was down to 144 but then got sick and ate off plan for over a week and hit 149.

So far I have eaten around 4 eggs a day, (would eat more if I wanted) hamburger patties, and steaks
I use mayo, cream, and coconut oil, eat when I am hungry and drink LOTS of water.
You can adjust it to your liking

Anyone want to join me for a week or so. I think I'm gonna stick with it untill Thanksgiving

Ive been LC for 68 days now. Typically I stay between 20 -30 carbs a day. Im visiting family right now but when I return home I will give this Meat and Eggs fast a go. Heres hoping I will lose a lot!
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #1581
Senior LCF Member

Welcome, Jenericstewart! I like your plan...a lot! Don't worry about putting the weight back on. There are some real pros here who can guide you through it.

AtkinsNewestFan: Happy to have you with us whenever you can make it. Have a great time with the fam and we'll see you when you get back.

LilBeetle: You're tearing it up, huge congrats!
Old 06-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #1582
Senior LCF Member

Hi all... will be joining you all again on M&E as of tomorrow... just mentally preparing myself for no veggies but only doing a short 4 day stint, then a couple of days off and maybe another 4 day stint after that... looking forward to checking in with you all tomorrow

Happy losing....
Old 06-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #1583
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Ive been LC for 68 days now. Typically I stay between 20 -30 carbs a day. Im visiting family right now but when I return home I will give this Meat and Eggs fast a go. Heres hoping I will lose a lot!
Hi Welcome... good luck with your M&E... look forward to seeing your progress
Old 06-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #1584
Senior LCF Member

Monday a.m. weigh-in: 135.8

Hoping it holds. Monumental thirst yesterday. I think I drank enough water to float a battleship. Then I woke up in the middle of the night dying for some water and the same when I finally got up this morning.

Skipped dinner last night - first time I've done that. Just not hungry, but in its place I had a large BPC (decaf) -- added some hazelnut flavoring which made it extra yummy.

Hoping everyone has a super Monday!
Old 06-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #1585
Senior LCF Member

Last day (day 5) no change on scale.

Its been an interesting expereiment, and for the most part Ive enjoyed the food, just not sure about the results. I never did get the loss of hunger every one else got, so over eating was very easy. I didnt see a result on the stix, but I was extremely thirsty, and had the nasty mouth taste, so I am sure I was in ketosis. Still, at least I can say I gave it the old college try.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #1586
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Anyone still doing the fast? Please post your menus if so.
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #1587
Senior LCF Member

My last day

B: 2 fried eggs and 5oz bacon ends
L: 2 fried eggs and 2 slices cold roast pork, 1T chilli sauce
D: 2 boiled eggs, 1t butter, 2 lamb sausages (3oz), 1/4 avocado, 1T zuchinni noodles
3x tea with HWC
2lt water

Totals cals 2,133 Carbs 12 Fat 142 Protein 136
Old 06-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #1588
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Anyone still doing the fast? Please post your menus if so.
Mine's pretty boring but generally consistent.

Breakfast always starts with coffee/HWC/CO. A couple of hours later ...

Eggs/bacon or Eggs/sausage

Lunch is also meat and eggs - chicken/chicken salad & HB eggs, tuna/tuna salad with deviled eggs, steak stirfry w/HB or deviled eggs.

Dinner is the same pretty much with slightly bigger meat portions and once in a while a small serving of fresh spinach or Brussels sprouts.

Go to snack is always deviled eggs.

I've veered off plan now and then and had watermelon and once, a salad (as replacement meals). Saw a loss both times lol.

If you read back in the thread a few pages, you can get some much better menu ideas, though.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:08 AM   #1589
Senior LCF Member

First day back on M&E for quite some time...loving it

Menu for today:
B: Coffee with HWC & CO, 2 x boiled eggs
L: 2 x boiled eggs, 50g of ham, coffee with splash full fat milk
D: 150g of chicken stuffed with cheese & bacon
S: (Maybe if hungry later) Decaf frozen coffee made with ice, HWC, and stevia in the blender
3ltrs of water

Feeling good today; sometimes I get a bit nauseous on the first day but have made sure to keep the fat content high and the water intake constant. Forgot to weigh in this morning so won't know if I dropped any weight tomorrow but usually have a good idea by my clothes

Hope everyone has a fab day
Old 06-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #1590
Senior LCF Member

Welcome back, Tashy Love hearing your progress reports.

Down .8 this a.m. to 135 even. Won't be changing the sidebar stats for a while though lol...my history is all about the bouncing.

Had the worst dinner last night...precooked link sausages! I do not recommend them. Tasteless and dry and I could only manage to choke down 2 of them. Brand was Jimmy Dean, I think. Snack was about a cup of cubed watermelon. I think I was craving that because of the water content...still ultra-thirsty most of the day. Not a bad thing on this plan.

Looking forward to hearing from the rest of our fasters today!