Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2013, 03:38 AM   #1531
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
brkfst- no veggie=yummier
had steak umm 1 thin piece n 3eggs
steaks fat made for rich butter replacement
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2013, 04:51 AM   #1532
Senior LCF Member

wonder if the 60% is y because before bit under like 50-55s of fat%

or calories, but at 2000 i was ok lost pound too hmmm

maybe the fat i thinking,,hmm..watcha think?

i remem having 3000 or 2800 n like loads fat and was ok nvr gained

maybe my fat needs to be higher
Old 05-29-2013, 07:54 AM   #1533
Senior LCF Member

lunch- cup broccoli to try finishing up
homemade broth
2drums
2steak umms

beef+chicken \= delicious..yummo

1 meat is ok
but 2 or more =excellent lol
Old 05-29-2013, 01:37 PM   #1534
Senior LCF Member

yea veggies done today lil low 59%

but close

Calorie Breakdown:

Carbohydrate (5%)

Fat (59%)

Protein (36%)

but veggies done only crumbs so garbage lol

all in all think still good

tomorro no veggies lol
Old 05-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #1535
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
wonder if the 60% is y because before bit under like 50-55s of fat%

or calories, but at 2000 i was ok lost pound too hmmm

maybe the fat i thinking,,hmm..watcha think?

i remem having 3000 or 2800 n like loads fat and was ok nvr gained

maybe my fat needs to be higher
Hi Natosha
I would personally try to stay at least 60% fat. Personally I do much better with closer to 70% to 75% fat and it means I can keep the calories down a bit because I don't seem to need as much food. If I go down to 60% I tend to gain weight because the protein content is a bit too high for me.

It's all trial and error and experimentation with this WOE. You are doing great, keep up the good work.

I will be returning to M&E in a week's time to do a 3 day fast but am enjoying just normal LC at the moment and the scales are finally moving down

Keep up the great work my M&E buddies and I will be joining you all soon....
Old 05-30-2013, 04:39 AM   #1536
Senior LCF Member

in away deff not calories must be fat weights up again...FEEL LIKE CRYING

if i add fat to my dishes be best even tho high calories or no??

feel unsure craving to do fruit or something

cause lov low carb but angry
Old 05-30-2013, 05:21 AM   #1537
Senior LCF Member

could lifting cause my gain maybe also do more cardio instead
Old 05-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #1538
Senior LCF Member

Calorie Breakdown:

Carbohydrate (0%)

Fat (58%)

Protein (42%)

today ate more ,1900

felt hungry drank less just feel defeated

more fat to me=hunger since not as solid

y hard to eat fat n b satisfy
Old 05-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #1539
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
in away deff not calories must be fat weights up again...FEEL LIKE CRYING

if i add fat to my dishes be best even tho high calories or no??

feel unsure craving to do fruit or something

cause lov low carb but angry
Your body is probably getting used to what you are doing and resisting the weight loss. Myself, and others here, have found it helpful to give yourself a day off from time to time to confuse your body a bit and it also helps eliminate your cravings for things 'off plan' and gives some motivation to continue on.

Do you know approx how many calories you are eating a day? I found that even though I generally don't have to count calories with M&E or LC if I am eating too many I may stall or gain weight. I try to stick between 1300 and 1500 most days (sometimes more or less) and I tend not to feel hungry at all. You can usually get away with more calories than people who don't do LC but you should still be a little bit mindful. For example if you are eating 1800 to 2000 cals a day, that might be too many for your body to burn. Remember it is all just a simple equation regardless of your WOE: calories in vs calories used. If your body is not able to use the fuel you are giving it then it has to go somewhere!

I find it very helpful to use a tracker and that way I can see if any patterns are developing regarding weight loss and what/how much I am eating or if I am gaining/stalling I can usually pinpoint where I went wrong (too much salt/carbs/cals/protein).

Don't give up hope. You might be just retaining water. Maybe stay away from the scales for a few days, get the tape measure out and start looking at your measurements rather than the number on the scales - it's a more accurate indication of your weight anyway!

Good luck
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:02 PM   #1540
Senior LCF Member

feel so like fatt 5lbs at midnight just curious..may go down but seeing it high so upsetting...think take a break was having 1600-2000 like 1770 or 1880 but just not full on less hungry and have new 48drums
thinkin either

raw fast or low calorie

might need to have the feel full part realized again since feel just unable too or hungry
Old 05-31-2013, 08:03 AM   #1541
Senior LCF Member

ok departed away....from meat

fasting, maybe for good...fruitarian life style try stick to my new years resolution...

raw fruit veggies but 80-90%fruit
80/10/10

freeedom to unlimited high carb, low fat
80%carbs 10/10 fat/protein

maybe good start i could walk miles have energy to move lol

guess see if i can keep to sweet fruit

ty all
Old 05-31-2013, 08:59 AM   #1542
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth2013
Stats: 165/133/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 1, 2013
Natosha: You did a great job sticking with it as long as you did. I'm not sure I'd have had the patience or willpower, so kudos to you! It's a great and simple weight loss tool, but simple doesn't necessarily mean easy -- especially when the scale is going the wrong way! So frustrating (I gained 2 pounds just by adding some Tamari to ground beef for a hamburger and I'm still struggling to get rid of the bloat)!

Good luck with the fruit/veggie fast (sounds delicious) and so happy to hear of your increased energy level (I'm dragging these past few days).

Please stick around and let us know how you're doing with it!!
Beth2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:07 AM   #1543
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
I found that even though I generally don't have to count calories with M&E or LC if I am eating too many I may stall or gain weight. I try to stick between 1300 and 1500 most days (sometimes more or less) and I tend not to feel hungry at all.
Timely advice -- I never even thought to check for calories and, looking back, I'm guessing there were days when I was off the chart calorie-wise. Kinda scared to add them up and face the music lol. It would explain a lot, though.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:58 PM   #1544
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sanda79
Stats: 103.8kg/98.4kg/55kg
Start Date: May 2013
Wow! Your weight losses are so impressive.
I'll give it a go for one week starting tomorrow (Saturday 1 Jun) & i'll weigh myself on Friday morning!
Sanda79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #1545
Senior LCF Member

-2 lbs. this morning. Not exactly jumping for joy since it's water-weight, but feeling oh-so-much better without the bloat! Ate super clean yesterday and concentrated on drinking lots of water. Had a lot of errands to run; even so I took several bottles with me and sipped in the car and everywhere I went lol. Probably should do the exact same thing today - so far all I've had is coffee with HWC and CO, so not hungry at all but that'll change as lunch approaches.

Welcome, Sanda! So happy to have you join us. I hope you'll enjoy this fast as much as I and many others have. It's super simple and since I don't do 'complicated', it's been, overall, a lifesaver. The most fun part, aside from never being hungry, is the inches you will lose on this fast! So rewarding!

Good luck and be sure to check in and let us know how it's going for you.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #1546
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sanda79
Stats: 103.8kg/98.4kg/55kg
Start Date: May 2013
Thanks Beth for the warm welcome & motivation!
Whether the 2lbs you lost is water or not, to me it would'nt matter as long as i'm losing! I've successfully gotten through day one today, i did'nt think i'd make it & when i almost changed my mind after lunch i told myself that you guys (ladies) have successfully done it, so i too can do it. Knowing that i'm not alone makes the road so much easier. I appreciate your support a lot guys!!!
Sanda79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #1547
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Congrats Tashydoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Hi Natosha
I would personally try to stay at least 60% fat. Personally I do much better with closer to 70% to 75% fat and it means I can keep the calories down a bit because I don't seem to need as much food. If I go down to 60% I tend to gain weight because the protein content is a bit too high for me.

It's all trial and error and experimentation with this WOE. You are doing great, keep up the good work.

I will be returning to M&E in a week's time to do a 3 day fast but am enjoying just normal LC at the moment and the scales are finally moving down

Keep up the great work my M&E buddies and I will be joining you all soon....
Glad the scales are moving downward. I agree, doing this WOE is trial and error, continually. Tweaking does makes it better so the lbs go down and you learn to like it better, as with any eating plan or lifestyle change. Happy Summer.
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #1548
Senior LCF Member

We're here for each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanda79 View Post
Thanks Beth for the warm welcome & motivation!
Whether the 2lbs you lost is water or not, to me it would'nt matter as long as i'm losing! I've successfully gotten through day one today, i did'nt think i'd make it & when i almost changed my mind after lunch i told myself that you guys (ladies) have successfully done it, so i too can do it. Knowing that i'm not alone makes the road so much easier. I appreciate your support a lot guys!!!
BETH: Congrats on the loss, keep up the good work at least that's downward towards goal.

Sanda79: Welcome indeed. You can do it, we're here to help. We all support each other.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:28 PM   #1549
Senior LCF Member

Hi Natosha

Quote:
ok departed away....from meat

fasting, maybe for good...fruitarian life style try stick to my new years resolution...

raw fruit veggies but 80-90%fruit
80/10/10

freeedom to unlimited high carb, low fat
80%carbs 10/10 fat/protein

maybe good start i could walk miles have energy to move lol

guess see if i can keep to sweet fruit

ty all

Keep up the good work. Changing it up a bit in some way can help. Stagnation needs to be buzzed, lol. Good posts. TY for all your encouragement too and you'll do great.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #1550
Senior LCF Member

That's good though, closer to goal Beth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth2013 View Post
-2 lbs. this morning. Not exactly jumping for joy since it's water-weight, but feeling oh-so-much better without the bloat! Ate super clean yesterday and concentrated on drinking lots of water. Had a lot of errands to run; even so I took several bottles with me and sipped in the car and everywhere I went lol. Probably should do the exact same thing today - so far all I've had is coffee with HWC and CO, so not hungry at all but that'll change as lunch approaches.

Welcome, Sanda! So happy to have you join us. I hope you'll enjoy this fast as much as I and many others have. It's super simple and since I don't do 'complicated', it's been, overall, a lifesaver. The most fun part, aside from never being hungry, is the inches you will lose on this fast! So rewarding!

Good luck and be sure to check in and let us know how it's going for you.
Getting rid of bloat always helps! and that is two pounds gone so glad. You can do it. Have a good weeknd all.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:29 AM   #1551
Senior LCF Member

Oh, don't get me wrong, I was thrilled to lose the bloat and see the loss. I'm just annoyed at myself for sabotaging my progress (slow as it is) when I know better (I just might be the most salt-sensitive human on the planet)! DH, on the other hand, ate the same meal and never has a problem (must be the male vs. female hormone thing).

So, I ate super clean again yesterday, included lots of water and am down another few ounces to 136 even (lowest ever since starting the fast on 4/1). Just amazes me that if I really work the fast, it really works for me. I've decided to stay with it another month so I'm sure there are more slip-ups in my future (I really need to stay out of the recipe forums) but I don't care lol. This is working and I don't even hate eggs yet (I notice I'm craving the yolks only lately -- the whites are grossing me out lol).

Stay strong fasters and thank you for all the support! And check-in when you can. I love to hear how others are manipulating to make it work for them!
Old 06-03-2013, 07:46 AM   #1552
Senior LCF Member

Hey Beth, understand

Quote:
Oh, don't get me wrong, I was thrilled to lose the bloat and see the loss. I'm just annoyed at myself for sabotaging my progress (slow as it is) when I know better (I just might be the most salt-sensitive human on the planet)! DH, on the other hand, ate the same meal and never has a problem (must be the male vs. female hormone thing).

So, I ate super clean again yesterday, included lots of water and am down another few ounces to 136 even (lowest ever since starting the fast on 4/1). Just amazes me that if I really work the fast, it really works for me. I've decided to stay with it another month so I'm sure there are more slip-ups in my future (I really need to stay out of the recipe forums) but I don't care lol. This is working and I don't even hate eggs yet (I notice I'm craving the yolks only lately -- the whites are grossing me out lol).

Stay strong fasters and thank you for all the support! And check-in when you can. I love to hear how others are manipulating to make it work for them!
Beth, hi, comepletely understand. As with any eating plan there are ups and downs. Congrats on being down a bit more, everything helps. Are you watching your sodium count? Do you use black pepper on your foods? Do you check your spice indgredients? Sometimes there is hidden salt in spices, like the mixed ones. Do you use filtered water? Just curious, as you are so salt sensitive. I'm fairly that way too, but can have some salt. I try hard not to get anything that has lots of sodium in it, for instance I get salt free broth if I don't make my own. There's still a tiny bit in it but not much, probably no more than homemade, lol. Anyway, proud of you for going through this and good luck. Mae
Old 06-03-2013, 07:48 AM   #1553
Senior LCF Member

I've decided to stay with it another month so I'm sure there are more slip-ups in my future (I really need to stay out of the recipe forums) but I don't care lol. This is working and I don't even hate eggs yet (I notice I'm craving the yolks only lately -- the whites are grossing me out lol).

PS, I like egg yolks the best too! hard to stay away from recipes, isn't it? Hey if you have a kindle or the kindle for pc, amazon has lots of free cookbooks, I found some for low carb/o carb there yesterday. Take care.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:51 AM   #1554
Senior LCF Member

Holding at 136.0. I might see this weight for several more days or even a week. This isn't unusual for me. When I look over my weight chart for the past several months, I notice this has happened quite often and I always referred to it as being 'stuck'. Some sort of trigger will usually result in losses starting up again, I'm just never 100% sure what it is lol. Last time, I ate watermelon 2 days in a row and saw a nice drop, so might try that again soon. Another time it was adding a cup of fresh spinach once per day and I think that was helpful in the 'getting things moving' dept., IYKWIM lol.

Scrambled all my eggs yesterday really well. That solved my sudden aversion to the whites problem. Still craving just the yolks from hard-boiled eggs, though. I have a friend who does low-fat and she has spinach/egg-white omelets every day. Maybe she and I could strike a deal lol.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:02 AM   #1555
Senior LCF Member

Hi, Mae -- we must have been typing at the same time lol.

Re: salt, I think I'm more sensitive now than I was in my younger years. But, I can bloat-up even without it. A 3-hour plane ride will result in my feet looking like sausages and for some reason I'll stay that way until I get home and back to my regular schedule. I don't avoid all salt, but try to stay a bit under the recommended guide-lines.

Thanks for the tip on the cookbooks! I download a lot of the Kindle books, both free and paid (gift certificates for books is always what I ask for for Christmas/birthdays, etc.). I love to read almost as much as I love to eat lol.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:13 AM   #1556
Senior LCF Member

Big surprise to see a small drop this morning! -.4 to 135.6!

I was so resigned to not seeing any downward movement for a while because that's been my pattern in the past. So, just when I think I have this weight loss thing figured out, it rears up and says "you are not smarter than a 5th grader!, ahahaha!"

I actually don't think I'll ever figure it out lol -- I'm just happy it's working, that I'm not starving, that I feel good, that my old clothes are fitting. So many blessings and God bless Dr. Atkins!!!
Old 06-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #1557
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi, Mae -- we must have been typing at the same time lol.

Re: salt, I think I'm more sensitive now than I was in my younger years. But, I can bloat-up even without it. A 3-hour plane ride will result in my feet looking like sausages and for some reason I'll stay that way until I get home and back to my regular schedule. I don't avoid all salt, but try to stay a bit under the recommended guide-lines.

Thanks for the tip on the cookbooks! I download a lot of the Kindle books, both free and paid (gift certificates for books is always what I ask for for Christmas/birthdays, etc.). I love to read almost as much as I love to eat lol.
You're quite welcome about the books. I dl lots of them that interest me, buy some when I can afford to and GCs for books is lovely presents. lol. I keep hoping mine will sell so don't have to work for anyone else again, but myself, lol. Love to read myself. check the stories on this site if you read fiction. www.maepowers.com.
I can understand about the feet on a plane, they do drag after a plane trip or road trip. Try the epsoms salt after a trip, it works wonders on the feet. I got more sensitive to salt also as I got a little older , grins.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:52 AM   #1558
Senior LCF Member

Down -.2 (teensy but I'll take it)!

I had the most delicious chicken last night! I slathered boneless chicken breasts in a mixture of mayo and Worcestershire (just splashed the Worcestershire in generously) and then coated them with ground up pork rinds that I sprinkled with a bit of Parmesan. Baked them in a toaster oven at 350 for 30 minutes (they were thick). So fast and easy and so good!

This was a huge favorite of our son when he was growing up (the high-carb version - back then, I used a whole, cut-up chicken), but honestly my new way of making it tastes just like the old way! Makes a beautifully browned and crispy crust -- and no kitchen mess like you get with fried chicken lol.

I keep the ground-up pork rinds in the freezer, but they don't freeze (probably because of the high-fat content), so that makes this super easy. I'm guessing this would work on pork chops, fish, just about anything lol.

Mae: Thank you for the support - great idea on the Epsom salts. Your website is beautiful. I love historical fiction -- just finished The Aviator's Wife (an historical novel of Anne Morrow Lindbergh's marriage to Charles). Loved it! Many revelations that I did not learn in history class lol!
Old 06-05-2013, 07:59 PM   #1559
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Down -.2 (teensy but I'll take it)!

I had the most delicious chicken last night! I slathered boneless chicken breasts in a mixture of mayo and Worcestershire (just splashed the Worcestershire in generously) and then coated them with ground up pork rinds that I sprinkled with a bit of Parmesan. Baked them in a toaster oven at 350 for 30 minutes (they were thick). So fast and easy and so good!

This was a huge favorite of our son when he was growing up (the high-carb version - back then, I used a whole, cut-up chicken), but honestly my new way of making it tastes just like the old way! Makes a beautifully browned and crispy crust -- and no kitchen mess like you get with fried chicken lol.

I keep the ground-up pork rinds in the freezer, but they don't freeze (probably because of the high-fat content), so that makes this super easy. I'm guessing this would work on pork chops, fish, just about anything lol.

Mae: Thank you for the support - great idea on the Epsom salts. Your website is beautiful. I love historical fiction -- just finished The Aviator's Wife (an historical novel of Anne Morrow Lindbergh's marriage to Charles). Loved it! Many revelations that I did not learn in history class lol!
OOH Beth that chicken sounds yummy, I'm gonna try that! Will let you know how it goes. Thanks for tip on pork rinds. Thank you for the compliment. Books and food, they just go together don't they? LOL, hmm maybe I should fix the website up like that lol.

"Any ways, I reached my goal this week (my first mini one) I am now under 250. I weighed in at 248 this morning. Gonna try to get under 200 by sometime in august, I think that's doable. Hope everyone else is doing well. Take care. MP
Old 06-06-2013, 08:40 AM   #1560
Senior LCF Member

Good job, Mae!!!

Your August goal is totally doable!! Wishing you many swooshes between now and then!