Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #1501
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth2013 View Post
Natosha: Good job!

Changing up the variety on this WOE is essential, I think. I bought a bag of sliced almonds the other day, but too chicken to open them yet.

And...I was worried about adding that one cup of fresh spinach w/dinner. But...my body seems to like it and after I added it, I started losing again. Coincidence? Who knows, but I'll take whatever works lol.

THATS awesome

i guessing like if mixing things up from veggies to none to more to less

might be positive but oddly i always think if i don't eat alot i'm n, helping the weightloss...SO glad i can consume and lose

i'd be known to gobble an entire chicken a day lol
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.49996...h=167&c=7&rs=1

lol

but even tho i didn't lose starting weight but possible water retention...lol

tho love my no more saddle bads for a butt

its like a giant muscle now lol

arms won't be saying hi or bye when i wave lol

and gut stays slim never bloated

love affair with meat ,+ butter

plus my daily soda stream cola caffeine free diet
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2013, 08:18 AM   #1502
Senior LCF Member

do want to try burgers or pork..but hooked to chicken lately

lol
Old 05-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #1503
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lucky~Star
Stats: 150/134.8/119
WOE: General low carb
Start Date: Restart - 26/05/2013
Hi everyone, just marking my place here because I plan to start this fast in earnest tomorrow morning (it's 8 in the evening here in the UK now). I've been eating low carb for the last few weeks although not following any particular plan. I feel great on this WOE but I've been feeling a little discouraged by the weightloss and I think I'm being stalled by the dairy I'm consuming (and maybe by my new fondness for red wine!). I've decided I'm going to start tracking my weight properly starting from tomorrow and give this fast a real go for the next few weeks so I know whether it really is part of the problem.

It's meant to be a nice day tomorrow and since it's a bank holiday that generally means BBQ which is great and if it's not nice it'll be a Sunday lunch and as the cook I get first dibs on the chicken (and crispy chicken skin!)

I genuinely love this WOE and I'm looking forward to stripping it back to basics and re-learning from the ground up so I know what foods suit me and what don't. I'll check in tomorrow with a starting weight and a plan for the day - it'll be keep me honest!
Lucky~Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #1504
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
HI Lucky and Others

Good Luck, Lucky, no pun intended. I just got back into LC myself; use to do Atkins many years ago. Looked at Stillman's for a bit, posted there to some nice people. So getting back into the swing of getting my body set for a LC lifestyle again. It's the one I always had the best luck at.

Lucky, yeah tomorrow is Memorial Day here, holiday so in Texas we do BBQ, although I won't be this Sunday. Going to start a Meat and Egg fast myself. Let me know if you need a buddy. Good luck to everyone else here. I'll be posting as I can. Take care
Mae
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:36 AM   #1505
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lucky~Star
Stats: 150/134.8/119
WOE: General low carb
Start Date: Restart - 26/05/2013
Todays weight - 134.8

I'm a shortie so this isn't brilliant but it's not terrible. Really I want to figure out an accurate way to get my body fat measured so I can focus on lean mass and not just the scale. I'm not a member of a gym so I can't ask them to do it for me and I'm not really sure I trust the electronic ones. I'll figure it out.

It's looking nice enough for a BBQ today so I'll get some carb-free chicken wings made up and some lamb chops ready for me, everyone else can gorge themselves on the burgers and bread!

Hi Mae, enjoy Memorial day!
Lucky~Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:26 AM   #1506
Senior LCF Member

darn up that pound water most likely even tho no added salt boooo lol
Old 05-26-2013, 03:50 AM   #1507
Senior LCF Member

breakfast- 3drumsticks butter + less then a cup broccoli like 3/4
soda stream
Old 05-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #1508
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth2013
Stats: 165/133/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 1, 2013
Yay - new fasters!!!

Natosha: What's 'soda stream'? I'm guessing either a brand of soda pop or that thingy used to make your own? Wishing you swooshes to get that water-weight off!

DH brought home a watermelon Friday night. Since he lugged it in and cut it up for us, I felt the least I could do was eat it! Looked it up and it's kinda carby, but I ate it anyway - twice actually

Of course, then I worried about the scales this morning, but surprisingly enough, no harm done! No loss, but was really expecting a gain, so...

Back to fairly strict M/E today. Hoping to get the scales moving downward again and get closer to goal!

Have a great holiday weekend, everyone!
Beth2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:53 AM   #1509
Senior LCF Member

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.45576...h=185&c=7&rs=1

use diet cola caffenie free

all natural no odd chemicals uses splenda in flavors

soda at home
Old 05-26-2013, 08:55 AM   #1510
Senior LCF Member

http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/i/spin/ima...sm=0.9,0.5,0,0
Old 05-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #1511
Senior LCF Member

might add some hot sauce cause need salt getting tired all day since abandon all added/ and high salty things notice right after change plus if weight fluctuates maybe salt not the issue
Old 05-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #1512
Senior LCF Member

HI again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky~Star View Post
Todays weight - 134.8

I'm a shortie so this isn't brilliant but it's not terrible. Really I want to figure out an accurate way to get my body fat measured so I can focus on lean mass and not just the scale. I'm not a member of a gym so I can't ask them to do it for me and I'm not really sure I trust the electronic ones. I'll figure it out.

It's looking nice enough for a BBQ today so I'll get some carb-free chicken wings made up and some lamb chops ready for me, everyone else can gorge themselves on the burgers and bread!

Hi Mae, enjoy Memorial day!
----------------
THANKS Lucky Star! You'll figure it out. I know how it can be for um shorter people, kinda between tall and average myself. My daughter's BF is 5.2 and I'm same size she is but it shows more on her.

Beth, thanks for the warm welcome. Natosha and LS, enjoy the drumsticks. I agree it is good to change it up. Natosha, love links and fried eggs too. Will be back on Wed after weigh in. Hope you all have a great holiday. MP
Old 05-26-2013, 10:16 PM   #1513
Senior LCF Member

getting fustrated up 4lbs from start weight only 10netcarbs

maybe i'm over thinking but feel like why ?
Old 05-27-2013, 03:28 AM   #1514
Senior LCF Member

atleast can tell water from checkin at 1am then 4:30 weights down .25 lb so bummed under 1500mg salt and still retaining, n not tom so odd wonder what need to do....

well today switch up on memorial day

by the way happy memorial day all

breakfast 6am= 3eggs butter and broccoli cup (before cooked; steamed)
pinch blk pepper and parsley plus added potassium salt substitute.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:39 AM   #1515
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: April04
Stats: 216/190/150
WOE: NK 80/15/5
Start Date: April 4, 2013
Happy Memorial day fellow eggers! I've been M&Eing off and on this past week and I really like the way I feel. My weightloss hasn't been like many of the others here, but it's slow and steady. I'm in my 8th week with 80/15/5.

For the time being, my plan will be M&E Mon-Fri (80/15/5) and normal 80/15/5 over the weekends. not sure how long I will do it, but for as long as it continues to be enjoyable, I'll be on it.

I'll check in here to keep myself accountable, check in with others and get tips from these boards.

Anyone interested in joining me?
April04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:04 AM   #1516
Senior LCF Member

April! So fun to have others to learn from and the added motivation and support is, of course, invaluable.

Natosha: Oh dear. You're doing all the right things, so the only thing I can think of is maybe ditch the soda for a few days and see what happens? Less than 1500mg sodium is exactly what the American Heart Assn. recommends, so you're on track there, but maybe there's a hidden ingredient that is causing your body to hold onto what little salt is in your homemade drinks??? Dunno...worth a try, though. Maybe stick to plain old water for a few days (and lots of it) to force that swoosh that I KNOW is in you!

I ate so much yesterday -- had to cut up the second half of the watermelon and had two helpings. I know it's not on plan, but DH bought it mostly for me and I didn't want to hurt his feelings lol, Plus...it is so yummy and tastes like Summer! Dinner was chicken breast fried in bacon grease with carmelized onion and the bacon (of course lol), 6 med. Brussels sprouts and spinach salad.

Gonna get back to strict M/E the rest of this week (I say that a lot lol).
Old 05-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #1517
Senior LCF Member

true today so far upping fat

lunch a burger pan cooked with broccoli butter and 2 eggs

pinch parsley n blk pepper salt substitute..

good change up from original drumsticks..'

tomorro may food shop for mix items]

my fear is having to do all fruit or something but i love meat so trying to stick to it

so far fats helping and trying to not drink so much

i prob drink 14-16 cups of liquid

2lrg cups broth,, 3 cups cola n rest water.,l
will try stop cola...almosy craved for atkin bars or sf chofcs i have since seem unsure why water weight going up...but trying to stay positive lol

if so far planned today to be bit higher carbs Calorie Breakdown:

Carbohydrate (7%)

Fat (63%)

Protein (30%)

but keeping fat above 60%
Old 05-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #1518
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: April04
Stats: 216/190/150
WOE: NK 80/15/5
Start Date: April 4, 2013
Hi Beth, thanks for the welcome!

That watermelon sounds delicious, and not a bad thing to cheat with! I've toyed with the idea of 1/2 cup of strawberries, but I'm going to save that for later in the summer, when I'm more solid in my LC WOE.

I was away for the weekend, and was so nervous to mess up, that I actually under ate both days. I have 700 calories, all of the right foods, but it still caused a temporary gain of 1.3 lbs. No wrries, I'll shake it off quickly. I'm indulging in some london broil topped with Kerrygold butter as I type.

Good luck getting back on track Beth, I'll check in this week. Happy M & Egging!
April04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #1519
Senior LCF Member

ty beth..oo watermelon sounds refreshing yummy

never knew that the seeded ones are sweeter then unseeded lol

dinner sounds good

i wonder about burger maybe buy more n eggs for good fat ratio n butter lol'

have enough chik legs drumsticks

oo mixing beef n chick be yummy lol

maybe keeping cheez away is ok but do crave it on burger or as side treat n macadamian nuts
Old 05-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #1520
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by April04 View Post
Hi Beth, thanks for the welcome!

That watermelon sounds delicious, and not a bad thing to cheat with! I've toyed with the idea of 1/2 cup of strawberries, but I'm going to save that for later in the summer, when I'm more solid in my LC WOE.

I was away for the weekend, and was so nervous to mess up, that I actually under ate both days. I have 700 calories, all of the right foods, but it still caused a temporary gain of 1.3 lbs. No wrries, I'll shake it off quickly. I'm indulging in some london broil topped with Kerrygold butter as I type.

Good luck getting back on track Beth, I'll check in this week. Happy M & Egging!

hi april oo always wanted to try kerrygold known be best in butter ..high cla from grass fed cows...

so even that low can cause gain i would think lost wow
hmm atleast obvious not fat just water retaining..

you'll be fine tho..i know i'd love to see pounds go down but
the truth is if my close are falling down loose then thats better then what any scale can say

your both doing great
Old 05-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #1521
Senior LCF Member

feel so scared about my weight...

i keep wondering about do i need to eat like
all fruit group lol

but today

5 eggs
4tblsp butter
1 burger
4drumsticks boil then roasted
4cups raw before cooked frozen broccoli

each cup broc had 1tblsp butter lol

blk pepper 2tsp
parsley 2tsp
salt sub 1-2tblsp i believe
1 cup broth

about what had an senna my daily go helper so never constipated

so hoping a change was what i needed
Old 05-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #1522
Senior LCF Member

my day fave meal is lunch

breakfast was 3eggs broccoli butter
lunch- burger n 2drumsticks

so hating veggies other then mushrooms lol

but might eat more like lunch for dinner lol

and few more drums

but almost done broccoli lol
Old 05-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #1523
Senior LCF Member

Natosha: I love lunch, too! Breakfast I can take or leave (except when traveling -- love eating breakfast out or having room service lol). I do love my bacon and eggs, though...just not very first thing in the morning.

So, I ended up eating almost that entire half watermelon yesterday and weighed in at 136.8 this a.m. That's down from 137.2 and I'm just amazed! I jumped on and off the scale at least 6 times to make sure I was seeing it right lol.

DH is off on a fishing trip until tomorrow, so I'll eat really clean M/E today and see what tomorrow brings. I have to say, though, given today's results there just may be more watermelon in my future!
Old 05-28-2013, 12:07 PM   #1524
Senior LCF Member

Calorie Breakdown:

Carbohydrate (5%)

Fat (60%)

Protein (35%)

todays

lol
Old 05-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #1525
Senior LCF Member

i deff want to try to buy maybe more fattir meats n pair with medium fatty

having supper fatty burgers with drumsticks and butter to if any veggies helps..

deff wen broccoli done like 6cups about left i so might stik with mushrooms lol
or none

lol

crave the choc caramels sf 1carb high fiber calcium/bvitamin chews or atkins bars but avoiding and fini up veggies lol
Old 05-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #1526
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
Following all you M&E'ers and am considering a 3 day fast......Since hitting goal I've gone up and down constantly and am having trouble staying AT goal for any given period of time. I think a little jumpstart might help me get down a few pounders!

Natosha have you tried chicken thighs? Very fatty and delish, Mmmmm. Another easy fatty meat to try might be pork loin slices. You can season them pretty well with dry herbs and olive oil without adding any carbies. You seem to be eating a lot of the same burger and drums. Perhaps your body is adjusting and you need to mix it up a bit? I'm like you though, if it worked once I tend to repeat the meals again - but I have to tell myself too many days straight of the same food and I think my body gets too comfortable with it and settles......maybe variety will help.

Jessica
35yo Wife and Mother of two amazing kids (ages 2 & 4)

Visit my Journal - My So Called Low Carb Life
Sicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #1527
Senior LCF Member

you can do it gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
atleast can tell water from checkin at 1am then 4:30 weights down .25 lb so bummed under 1500mg salt and still retaining, n not tom so odd wonder what need to do....

well today switch up on memorial day

by the way happy memorial day all

breakfast 6am= 3eggs butter and broccoli cup (before cooked; steamed)
pinch blk pepper and parsley plus added potassium salt substitute.
Hey Natosha, maybe go low salt a bit. you can do this! Also, try staying off the scale a few days, you might be a bit anxious right now, just wondering; and that leads to weight gain (stress will do it every time). Take a hot bath in epsoms salt that is a great way to relieve tension, plus opens pores and aids with weight loss, as you'll have a relaxed body afterwards. Rooting for you. I don't like the scaly monster either. So now just weigh once a week, which is tomorrow. Take care.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:00 PM   #1528
Senior LCF Member

Hi Sicca, Variety does help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicca View Post
Following all you M&E'ers and am considering a 3 day fast......Since hitting goal I've gone up and down constantly and am having trouble staying AT goal for any given period of time. I think a little jumpstart might help me get down a few pounders!

Natosha have you tried chicken thighs? Very fatty and delish, Mmmmm. Another easy fatty meat to try might be pork loin slices. You can season them pretty well with dry herbs and olive oil without adding any carbies. You seem to be eating a lot of the same burger and drums. Perhaps your body is adjusting and you need to mix it up a bit? I'm like you though, if it worked once I tend to repeat the meals again - but I have to tell myself too many days straight of the same food and I think my body gets too comfortable with it and settles......maybe variety will help.
-----------------
Variety does help Sicca. I've been on ME this week (my WOE is LC my way) but I try to have variety at least every few days. Here's something I made up for special treats, or to break a stall or just something deliciously different. Good luck to you. Mae
Savory Beef or Pork Steak Tips
2 lbs of meat cut up into cubes, Baste in oil flavored butter, add some Worcestershire sauce. Put meat in gallon bag. Mixed spices like chili powder, onion powder, garlic, pepper, turmeric, Italian, savory sw, etc.; toss in bag and coat meat. Let marinate at least half an hour. Bake in oven at 275 degrees to begin with for 30-40 minutes. Check meat and stir in its own juices after half an hour. Turn oven up to 300 degrees and finish baking. Check every 15 minutes or so and baste in their juices. Meat is done when they fall apart or get toasty dark brown. Serve alone or with sauce or gravy.

THese are so delish and make a comeplete meal in themselves. Basically add any spices you like, shake well. Low heat is the key here. Enjoy
Old 05-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #1529
Senior LCF Member

Hi April

Quote:
Originally Posted by April04 View Post
Happy Memorial day fellow eggers! I've been M&Eing off and on this past week and I really like the way I feel. My weightloss hasn't been like many of the others here, but it's slow and steady. I'm in my 8th week with 80/15/5.

For the time being, my plan will be M&E Mon-Fri (80/15/5) and normal 80/15/5 over the weekends. not sure how long I will do it, but for as long as it continues to be enjoyable, I'll be on it.

I'll check in here to keep myself accountable, check in with others and get tips from these boards.

Anyone interested in joining me?
-----------------
Hope you had a great Memorial Day. I'm here to support you, you can do this and sure I'll join you. I've been on an ME myself the last few days. I only weigh once a week; which is tomorrow. Look forward to talking at you again soon. Take care. Mae
Old 05-29-2013, 02:51 AM   #1530
Senior LCF Member

ok dwn a pound yippi going dwn

so 3lbs water weight so the 60%fat n so far under 1800cals

hate cal counting might be 60% which helpn

lol

true stay off scale n thighs they r yummier more skin lol