Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 06:40 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kittee
Stats: 206/134/110-115
WOE: Atkins first, then LCHF, now PSMF
Start Date: April 2011
Thanks Aliz

Well I wimped out yesterday with the egg fast, because I couldn't take it anymore. Eggs were making me gag, lol....so I had a chicken breast with butter. I am still down from 140.8 to 140.2 (had gained a few this past week or so...sigh)...not huge but it's something, and not a gain

Today will for sure be meat and eggs. I got a big pack of chicken breasts on sale yesterday, I have burger patties, and I have mayo and butter. I am ready to go! Starting out with some coffee and cream, and maybe a burger for breakfast.
Kittee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2012, 07:13 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pinky45
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Sorry for the double post...I don't know how that happened!
pinky45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:13 AM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: livinlarge
WOE: whatever works
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
Do you take vitamin D? I've read that it can really mess with sleep at night so it's one you should take at breakfast.
Daily I take CO, a multi, fish oil + D3, and magnesium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Can we all post ever thing we are eating so others will get a idea??Please...
Today:
B - 2 eggs, 1 deer brat
L - repeat
D - got a chuck roast in the crock pot, 1/2 avocado
coffee & water

Scale this morning showed another low - 203.6 Another 1/2 lb!!!
livinlarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:48 AM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Nicki you are on a roll I hope I do that good
portcop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:52 AM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tina1973
Stats: 294/284.2/1something
WOE: JUDDD 490/2450
Start Date: latest restart 10/1/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by renedlb View Post
Thanks for the answer.

But if I forget (like this morning) what where can I go to get some meat for lunch??? I have my eggs and bacon for breakfast and making pork chops for dinner just forgot about lunch. So looking for ideas.

This will be my first day trying this so wish me luck.

Rene'
What about tuna w/mayo? Or a bunless burger. Are you at work or home?
tina1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:53 AM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

My food for day
B-2 devil eggs made with home made mayo,cofee with 1tbs.co1tbs hwc 1pk Steiva
L- coffee with 1tbs co 1tbs hwc,pk Steiva
D-5oz pork chop,2 devil eggs
Around 5 I'll have another coffee.
Water water water water water and more water
Old 11-14-2012, 07:58 AM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm pretty disappointed. It seems my scale wasn't very accurate, I'm thinking it needed batteries. It showed a loss when I weighed in on Monday, not a big loss but still a loss. Last night I weighed myself before bed and I was down another pound from Monday and was so happy. Well this morning, it showed a gain. A big gain. Then it went up and down, yes I stepped on it several times trying to get a consistent number. I replaced the batteries and it still shows a big gain. I don't believe I gained 8 pounds overnight, is that even possible? So I'm thinking it's been off and I didn't lose like I thought this week and instead gained.

Unless you really can gain 8 pounds overnight? I don't mean actually gain that much weight, can our body hold that much water? I did have lots of bacon for dinner. I'm still thinking today's weight must be accurate and it was wrong before.

"Never trade what you want the most for what you want at the moment"
Old 11-14-2012, 07:59 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Nicki you are on a roll I hope I do that good
1. I've got plenty to lose
2. I'm just getting back in the groove of things since I quit smoking, so I'm sure water weight is a contributing factor
3. I'm SO tired of being FAT & I'm determined to get this off of me as quick as possible while my motivation is high

This is like my own personal assbegone challenge
Old 11-14-2012, 08:01 AM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina1973 View Post
I'm pretty disappointed. It seems my scale wasn't very accurate, I'm thinking it needed batteries. It showed a loss when I weighed in on Monday, not a big loss but still a loss. Last night I weighed myself before bed and I was down another pound from Monday and was so happy. Well this morning, it showed a gain. A big gain. Then it went up and down, yes I stepped on it several times trying to get a consistent number. I replaced the batteries and it still shows a big gain. I don't believe I gained 8 pounds overnight, is that even possible? So I'm thinking it's been off and I didn't lose like I thought this week and instead gained.

Unless you really can gain 8 pounds overnight? I don't mean actually gain that much weight, can our body hold that much water? I did have lots of bacon for dinner. I'm still thinking today's weight must be accurate and it was wrong before.

I know for me personally, I can vary +/- 5 pounds a day

Last edited by livinlarge; 11-14-2012 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: typo - fat fingers
Old 11-14-2012, 08:02 AM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Tina scales are our worst enemy !!i do weigh ever day but I go by my cloths more than scales...seems like you need new ones.i don't think you could gain 8 lbs in 12 hours..
Old 11-14-2012, 08:02 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Can we all post ever thing we are eating so others will get a idea??Please...
Breakfast: atkins shake (forgot about meat/egg fast!)
Lunch: egg salad (eggs w/lots of mayo, a little mustard and S&P)
Dinner: ground beef with scrambled eggs
LOTS and lots of water

My weight this morning was 258. I want to get into the 240's with this meat/egg fast.

Last edited by tina1973; 11-14-2012 at 08:04 AM..
Old 11-14-2012, 08:27 AM   #132
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: renedlb
Tina

I am at work so I have to pick up something. I do like tuna (like starkist right?) but dont like the mayo.
renedlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:32 AM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by renedlb View Post
Thanks for the answer.

But if I forget (like this morning) what where can I go to get some meat for lunch??? I have my eggs and bacon for breakfast and making pork chops for dinner just forgot about lunch. So looking for ideas.

This will be my first day trying this so wish me luck.

Rene'
If all else fails, you could always hit a drive thru and strip the meat off of a couple burgers + bacon/mayo - yummy
Old 11-14-2012, 08:33 AM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It's Faith
Stats: 323/253.2/123
WOE: Basic LC/IF
Start Date: 5/5/12
Quote:
I'll go the week with you! I need this. I've been doing not so great so far and this will help jump start things. Welcome back! I've come back after a time away too, again for the 100th time.

The only problem is, I ate eggs for dinner tonight and I don't know if I can stomach them too much. I do like eggs with ground beef, so might do that once a day and meat otherwise. Sometimes I don't mind them, but other times - the texture is just blah!
Thanks for the welcome back! And I'm glad you are joining in! It helps knowing I'm not alone and that many here do understand. I feel bad for going MIA but I slid back in such an extreme way. The important thing is we are back though, right?

I hear you on the eggs for sure! I have been burned out on eggs for quite awhile now and that's what is going to make this more of a challenge for me. Scrambled in butter is way easier for me to get down than plain hard boiled so I'll have to keep those at a minimum.

We can do this!
It's Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:40 AM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
The only problem is, I ate eggs for dinner tonight and I don't know if I can stomach them too much. I do like eggs with ground beef, so might do that once a day and meat otherwise. Sometimes I don't mind them, but other times - the texture is just blah!
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Faith View Post
I hear you on the eggs for sure! I have been burned out on eggs for quite awhile now and that's what is going to make this more of a challenge for me. Scrambled in butter is way easier for me to get down than plain hard boiled so I'll have to keep those at a minimum.

We can do this!
You don't have to eat eggs if you don't want. Just have meat. I just like eggs cuz they are a cheap and easy source of protein (and also a good carrier for fat....mayo, butter, CO)
Old 11-14-2012, 08:47 AM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizgurl View Post
Faith, I love challenges too
I was going to start with the egg fast but figured meat and eggs would be something I could stick with better. You'll get to the 70lbs lost that's amazing and inspiring!

The one thing that keeps me on track is my coffee and twice a week I get a sugar free vanilla chai with almond milk.
I just got a small one with a shot of SF pumpkin spice and it's so yummy
To me it's not cheating because it never stalls me and I eat pretty clean for the most part.
Thank you! I can't believe how many years and how many starts and stops it took me to finally get the wheel spinning again! Now I'm just rolling with it, taking it one day at a time.

Definitely meat & eggs are easier for me too. I've done mostly meat and eggs this time around but I find I have a hard time not throwing in so much cheese and other misc. stuff to make everything even better that I tend to overdo it. And I've been wanting to do a few egg fasts anyway. I finally feel up & ready for it!

Oh, and I couldn't have done it without my friend Coffee! I might try and go one or two days without but I think that'd be all I could muster. That sugar free pumpkin spice sounds delicious!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:59 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmsWay View Post
You don't have to eat eggs if you don't want. Just have meat. I just like eggs cuz they are a cheap and easy source of protein (and also a good carrier for fat....mayo, butter, CO)
Hi, Nicki! True, yes I know I don't have to eat them but, in addition to the reasons you gave (great source of protein and they are cheap) they are so nutritious and versatile. Plus I know I can lose a crazy amount of weight in a short period of time and not even be hungry. I tend to overcook my eggs too (because I am a bad cook)! So that doesn't help, LOL! And I'm too lazy to make as many deviled eggs (my favorite form) as it would take to keep me happy.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:05 AM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Tina, I have had such a bad past experience with scales too. Even had to replace mine a couple of months ago because it wasn't at all dependable. Replacing the batteries could help, that's the first thing I would try. And though I believe it's possible to retain a few lbs of water, I'd have a hard time believing 8 lbs. overnight...so I'd come closer to blaming the scale; but that's just me.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: readyfredy
Stats: 179/177.4/125
WOE: 20-30 Net Carbs per day
Start Date: 7/22/14
ok -I'm playing!

bfast - 2 eggs, 3 strips bacon coffee with hwc

lunch - 2 eggs, 3 strips bacon

dinner - going over to a friends house for dinner. will do my best!
readyfredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Faith View Post
Hi, Nicki! True, yes I know I don't have to eat them but, in addition to the reasons you gave (great source of protein and they are cheap) they are so nutritious and versatile. Plus I know I can lose a crazy amount of weight in a short period of time and not even be hungry. I tend to overcook my eggs too (because I am a bad cook)! So that doesn't help, LOL! And I'm too lazy to make as many deviled eggs (my favorite form) as it would take to keep me happy.
Gotcha! I misunderstood. I was under the impression that you weren't too fond of eggs.

I'm also too lazy to make deviled eggs, so I just smoosh the ingredients all up in a bowl like egg salad and eat it with a spoon. eggs, mayo, mustard & a liitle sweetener... avocado is also a good addition... so is bacon crumbles.... OK I'm now off to get some eggs on to boil
Old 11-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, I forgot to update for myself!
I'm down from 260.0 to 258.6 (the exact weight I was a week ago that has taken me 9 days to see again). I literally spent the past week jumping between 260 and 262 and couldn't get back to my 250's. Now, I'm running far, far away so I never have to see that number again!

I haven't eaten today yet. I'm not sure if I'm going to have my bulletproof coffee this morning or not. Here's all I had yesterday:

64 oz water
Bulletproof Coffee (16 oz)
8 oz leftover BBQ Brisket (no extra sauces) I polished off because nobody else wanted it
1 scrambled egg
+ a lot of mayo & unsalted butter to drown it all in because I hate meat that's too dry
+ some reduced sugar ketchup added to the brisket as well

(Now you see why I need to do straight up eggs? )
Old 11-14-2012, 09:25 AM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Nicki...I've always loved them, just got a little burned out because I used to eat too many of them. Then I discovered I could eat even more eggs when I found those cool recipes with the cream cheese and cheddar or cream thrown in. *ugh* Too much of that is not helping me accomplish my goal.

Hey, I just recently discovered Lazy Deviled Eggs and tried it once and it was different but certainly filled the bill. I'm going to do some of those.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: July 2010
Good morning ALL

Everyone is doing so great!!

I couldn't weigh myself this morning so i'm not sure if I had a loss?
I'm eating lots (too much) of uncured bacon right now and it's sooooo good.
I was craving beef jerky last night so I just picked up some natural uncured beef sticks for later just in case.

I plan on eating 3 scrambled eggs for lunch

Hope everyone has a great morning
Snoangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmsWay View Post
Gotcha! I misunderstood. I was under the impression that you weren't too fond of eggs.

I'm also too lazy to make deviled eggs, so I just smoosh the ingredients all up in a bowl like egg salad and eat it with a spoon. eggs, mayo, mustard & a liitle sweetener... avocado is also a good addition... so is bacon crumbles.... OK I'm now off to get some eggs on to boil
I think I'm the one that started the discussion on not liking eggs. It's not that I don't like them, I just get sick of them after awhile. I can do them mixed with ground beef, I actually love them that way. It's funny because on my first LC round, I ate egg salad almost daily. Now I get so sick of it.

Haha and I'm having egg salad for lunch. Have you ever tried melted butter in egg salad? Mmm, so good!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:04 AM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Have you ever tried melted butter in egg salad? Mmm, so good!
I like to warm up my egg salad and add bacon grease.... I'd be ok with everything tasting like bacon
Old 11-14-2012, 10:29 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tracymitch
Stats: 178/170/130
WOE: Very Low Carb
Start Date: 2005/2012/restarted 6/2014
So I'm back after yo-yo dieting for, say, 30 years. My last venture was Weight Watchers. I lost 30 pounds and in the last 6 months I've gained back 20. I'm at such a loss.

This looks so good but I'm worried about not having veggies. I know LC is supposed to lower cholesterol, but I'm so worried about mine shooing through the roof because of all the meat and eggs. Any thoughts?
tracymitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Tracy - I have had my cholesterol levels tested and they have vastly IMPROVED since I have been on atkins for the last 7 weeks.

Most notably my LDL is down from 132 to 117!!

Total cholesterol is down from over 200 to 175.

Hope this helps!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
wow I cooked my pork roast for the day. YUMMY! ate some for lunch, rest for dinner tonight.

I kinda thought I could do this for the week.....BUT I am missing veggies big time. A giant salad is calling my name.

So yesterday, today and I will do ONE more day tomorrow on the eggs and meat.

Nice thing is any loss I get---should stick because day 4 will be veggies veggies and more veggies

I love the effect on the scale so far, but I know me, one more day is enough. YOU ALL GO STRONG if you are doing longer.
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #149
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Ate a few veggies today at lunch. Went for Mexican and had a ribeye with stuffed shrimp wrapped in bacon (stuffed with jack cheese and a piece of jalapeno) and it came with mixed grilled veggies, which I did eat. Zucchini, onion, pepper, and a little carrot. It was all good but now I'm craving something sweet. It's either from the veggies or the msg in the seasonings. I don't have this problem when I stick to meat/egg.

So tonight I will be eating roast.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:59 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
wow I cooked my pork roast for the day. YUMMY! ate some for lunch, rest for dinner tonight.

I kinda thought I could do this for the week.....BUT I am missing veggies big time. A giant salad is calling my name.

So yesterday, today and I will do ONE more day tomorrow on the eggs and meat.

Nice thing is any loss I get---should stick because day 4 will be veggies veggies and more veggies

I love the effect on the scale so far, but I know me, one more day is enough. YOU ALL GO STRONG if you are doing longer.
YUMMMM I love pork roast! I could eat it for days
I think 3 days is plenty! I was going to do that at first, but this has been easy for me so I'll stick with it a little bit longer.
Snoangel is offline   Reply With Quote