Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #1441
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
hi all does this work?

my craves for meat and cheese but the problems i may have to drop 5lbs is i can over do veggies probably why i fluctuate two pounds up down and no lost yet

so i wonder if i could do this meat and egg but with cheese and is fat allowed too?

so like example day be

bacon 4 with 2 eggs cheese
two buger patties with cheese fried in the bacon greaase
dinner- 3drumsticks with butter hotsauce and riccotta cheese cocoa splenda dessert with whip cream

or is it too much
and is meat limited to 4-6ozs ?
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2013, 08:24 AM   #1442
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: momof4fans
Stats: 185/161/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January, 2009
OK, well I was down to 160.0 today. Jeepers! It is taking forever to get to 159! When I started and the pounds were just melting away, I thought "no sweat!" Ha! But, it is still in the right direction.

I did have broccoli with dinner last night. I really felt like I needed it. I was feeling off so I decided to listen to my body.

The other thing I have been experiencing is bad acid reflux! It's driving me crazy. I have been taking something for that. And, I caught a cold. Booo!

So, for a while, I'm going to add veggies just to my dinner and see how it goes.

Hope everyone is doing great this weekend!

Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies!
momof4fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #1443
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Seems good to heed the call of broccoli.
Sometimes we do need to heed the call for healthy food, I think.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #1444
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth2013
Stats: 165/133/125
Start Date: January 1, 2013
I was stuck on 140 for weeks (actually started thinking maybe that's as low as my scale would go lol). Yesterday morning I was up to 141, then FINALLY (yay) was 139.8 this morning! I'd do cartwheels if I felt better, but still have this rotten virus.

I did cheat yesterday...had 3 deviled eggs for breakfast then slept through lunch. Got up around 5pm and was craving something crunchy, so I threw about 4 cups of torn Romaine into a large bowl and tossed with about 2 Tbsp. of blue cheese dressing. I felt so bad I didn't really care...went back to bed feeling slightly dehydrated, but too sick to worry about staying up and drinking water. That Nyquil makes me a little loopy, too lol.

Momof4 - great job! You'll be in the 150's before you know it. (During my April fast I sometimes had a few Brussels sprouts with dinner and was fine).

Hope everyone has a great Mother's Day. Happy fasting!
Beth2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #1445
Senior LCF Member

Natosha120: Welcome

I don't think there's really a 'one-size-fits-all' when it comes to this fast. You could try your menu as planned to see if it works for you. If not the results you want, you might try eliminating the cheese or another item until you get the desired results.

I personally haven't weighed the meat portions of my meals...as far as I know you can have all the meat and eggs you want on the fast.

Good luck, and keep us posted!
Old 05-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #1446
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth2013 View Post
I was stuck on 140 for weeks (actually started thinking maybe that's as low as my scale would go lol). Yesterday morning I was up to 141, then FINALLY (yay) was 139.8 this morning! I'd do cartwheels if I felt better, but still have this rotten virus.

I did cheat yesterday...had 3 deviled eggs for breakfast then slept through lunch. Got up around 5pm and was craving something crunchy, so I threw about 4 cups of torn Romaine into a large bowl and tossed with about 2 Tbsp. of blue cheese dressing. I felt so bad I didn't really care...went back to bed feeling slightly dehydrated, but too sick to worry about staying up and drinking water. That Nyquil makes me a little loopy, too lol.

Momof4 - great job! You'll be in the 150's before you know it. (During my April fast I sometimes had a few Brussels sprouts with dinner and was fine).

Hope everyone has a great Mother's Day. Happy fasting!
Well, I'm totally jealous! 139's! I haven't been there for about 20 years! I remember when I thought that was fat! Crazy!

Hope you feel better soon! You are doing great! I would have succumbed to bread by now to comfort myself!
Old 05-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #1447
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Natosha120: Welcome

I don't think there's really a 'one-size-fits-all' when it comes to this fast. You could try your menu as planned to see if it works for you. If not the results you want, you might try eliminating the cheese or another item until you get the desired results.

I personally haven't weighed the meat portions of my meals...as far as I know you can have all the meat and eggs you want on the fast.

Good luck, and keep us posted!
aww ty i thinking might try to use butter meat and eggs

right now i have to watch veggies since still need to fini up

but i crave

chicken drums drenched in butter lil hot sauce lol

but if its ok to fini few veggies up while on the changing period.. i use to do
5 cups cooked veggies broccoli mushrooms tomatoes, however did downsize to half that

and less tomatoes dropped a pound

water weight from so many carbs lol
and now from before of 40-45nc down to 20nc

my curiosity is if replacing veggies with meat and fat ok like lil more to help hunger or bad idea?

happy mommy's day all
Old 05-12-2013, 01:33 PM   #1448
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
my curiosity is if replacing veggies with meat and fat ok like lil more to help hunger or bad idea?
Generally, high-quality fats/meats do help with hunger issues since they stay with us longer. You could try mostly meat/eggs with occasional veggies and see how that works for you. I think several ladies here are doing that with good results. Good luck whichever way you try it!
Old 05-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #1449
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4fans View Post
I would have succumbed to bread by now to comfort myself!
It's a good thing we didn't have ice-cream in the house -- I'd have been all over that!

Checking in, was 139.2 this morning...had basically same menu, except baked a chicken breast for lunch.

This morning: 2 strips bacon and 2 eggs over-easy. Lunch: 1 baked chicken breast. Dinner: DH is grilling pork chops (he took 2 out for me).

Missing the daily walks, but just not up to it yet...maybe tomorrow. Doing a little better w/water. Not sleeping as much.

Happy Mother's Day, fasters!
Old 05-13-2013, 03:35 AM   #1450
Senior LCF Member

today begins simple 3 pc turkey bacon a lil crazy on hot sauce topped eggs and buttery topped cup portabella and button mix chopped mushrooms plus two grape tomatoes lol

yesterday was low of 16-17net carbs, try keep it under 20net carbs till I decide to keep veggies or not.

reading yesterday of the old atkins plan 1972 think it was..which got me thinking about the meat and egg plan.. if it brings ketosis faster and no measuring on food, could be curious how they would consider an acceptable dish, same as here.. if i have a big appetite does it make a difference from one meal to another

example

plate A= nice plate of 2 burgers 1/4pounds cooked in bacon grease topped with bacon 2pcs in half and cheddar 2ozs
verse

plate B = 2 hb eggs large 12oz-1lb tbone steak in butter

is there any thing wrong with sizes during the meat egg fast?

was always curious about it

ty
Old 05-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #1451
Junior LCF Member

Hello all. Just checking in.

Well, my family took me to dinner for mother's day on Saturdaynight because Sunday was going to be a crazy day and dinner out would be iffy. I didn't eat carbs but I had a salad, prime rib and green beans. I literally gained two pounds overnight! I'm sure some of it was water, but what a bummer!

Sunday I ate very little because I have this horrible chest cold. Ug! I feel like crap and really am not that hungry, so that's good. I'm back on M&E for another week. I weighed in at 160.6 this morning. Still trying to get into the 150's. Hopefully this is the week!

Hope you all had a great weekend!
Old 05-13-2013, 01:23 PM   #1452
Senior LCF Member

Natosha: Your menu looks good to me! Some of us here kind of lose our appetites once we're in ketosis, so hunger isn't always an issue. When it is, I just eat more (I ate a lot yesterday). If you go back to the beginning of this thread, you'll find some good info and some good testimony about the fast and how it has affected others. Reading from page 1 helped me when I was deciding whether or not to do it.

Momof4: Your dinner sounds lovely. Sorry to hear about the cold (I'm finally about to get over mine). Like you, I didn't much feel like eating or drinking or staying on plan -- I just wanted to be pampered lol. You're a great loser and you'll be back on track in no time, no doubt about it.

I ate a ton yesterday (for me). Eggs/bacon, a huge chicken breast (srsly huge!), 2 pork chops with about 6 medium Brussels sprouts (yum). Was down a few ounces this morning to 138.8. Need to work on drinking more water. I used to love water...now, not so much lol.

Had some good chicken salad for lunch today. Just pulsed a baked breast with a tsp. of SF relish and about a T. of mayo in the food processor a few times...delish! Wouldn't mind having that again for dinner!
Old 05-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #1453
Senior LCF Member

ty, i def eating lot more today

lol feeling like snk on all meat or meat and veggies to finish up
total 20nc then lol

but craving just meat n butter lol
Old 05-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #1454
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Natosha: Your menu looks good to me! Some of us here kind of lose our appetites once we're in ketosis, so hunger isn't always an issue. When it is, I just eat more (I ate a lot yesterday). If you go back to the beginning of this thread, you'll find some good info and some good testimony about the fast and how it has affected others. Reading from page 1 helped me when I was deciding whether or not to do it.

Momof4: Your dinner sounds lovely. Sorry to hear about the cold (I'm finally about to get over mine). Like you, I didn't much feel like eating or drinking or staying on plan -- I just wanted to be pampered lol. You're a great loser and you'll be back on track in no time, no doubt about it.

I ate a ton yesterday (for me). Eggs/bacon, a huge chicken breast (srsly huge!), 2 pork chops with about 6 medium Brussels sprouts (yum). Was down a few ounces this morning to 138.8. Need to work on drinking more water. I used to love water...now, not so much lol.

Had some good chicken salad for lunch today. Just pulsed a baked breast with a tsp. of SF relish and about a T. of mayo in the food processor a few times...delish! Wouldn't mind having that again for dinner!
That sounds really good! I'm going to try that. I don't even need to be pampered, I just want everyone to leave me alone! It's so hard being sick with 4 kids. There is absolutely no peace and quiet.

I'm hanging in there on M&E. Had plain chicken tonight and dipped it in a little mayo for fat. I had 3 eggs with some cream cheese for breakfast. No lunch. I finally got really hungry and grilled the chicken. Luckily I had leftover spaghetti for the fam.

Thanks for the encouragement. I need it right now. Next week will be better. I just need to get to feeling better so I can grocery shop.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:29 PM   #1455
Senior LCF Member

wow feel great
slimmer then i did eating less is it possible more=slimmer

no gain
feel lighter

could i eat like this daily and often then restrict to 1500-1600

ty feel great
Old 05-14-2013, 02:52 AM   #1456
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kitty_el
WOE: JUDDD - EOD/STILLMANS :)
Start Date: June 2013
Hey everyone... I have been reading through all your posts and want to say how fantastic you are all doing on the meat & egg diet.

I have been doing it since Friday so 4 days and have lost 6lb which is great but I feel like absolute rubbish!! I really need to lose another 6lb before my holiday in two weeks but not sure if I can keep feeling like this, I am starving, tired, light headed, nauseous & cant even hold a conversation.

I have done Atkins so many times in the past and the weight always comes off but I ALWAYS feel like rubbish... maybe this woe just isnt suited to me, I just don't know.

A typical menu for me is :
B - coffee with thick double cream, 2 fried eggs and 3 fried bacon
L - Tuna Mayo or egg mayo
D - Chicken dipped in mayo
S - Pererami stick, pork scratchings or SF jelly with lots of heavy cream
Coffee and 100oz water throughout the day

I also feel physically sick at the thought of eating anymore meat & eggs and its only day 4.....

I have been reading about JUUDD and think it sounds really interesting, but I am worried if I change my diet now I will gain the 6lb back does anyone have any experience with this?

Thank you everyone
kitty_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:03 AM   #1457
Senior LCF Member

Welcome, Kitty-el! Great question. I've been doing a fairly strict M/E fast for 44 days now and have been wondering about what to do when I eventually abandon it (probably in another month or so).

JUUDD is one plan I've been reading about -- another is the Low Glycemic Diet. There are so many and I have a ways to go if I want to be thorough with the research before deciding.

This fast is a great tool for jump-starting weight loss and some even lose rapidly on it, but its lack of variety and limited vegetables would make it hard for me as a true WOE.

Like you, I still have some weight I'd like to lose, so I'm also wary of switching it up mid-stream. Some of the veterans here who use the M/E fast intermittently might have some input for you, so hopefully they'll weigh in. I suspect that if we were to make a switch at this point we might see some gain (not at all sure how much), but eventually even that would even out once we find a good plan and stick with it.

Sorry I can't be of more help, though.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:50 AM   #1458
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bethierose
Stats: 377/329.3/130
WOE: Primal/Atkins Induction/figuring it out
Start Date: January 2013
I'm jumping on board! I have been ready to move forward, and I do really well with rules, so here we go! I started last night after reading most of this thread (bored at work, much? ) and had 2 hamburger slider patties with kerrygold butter on top, two pieces of Gwaltney bacon (no sugar!) and 2 tbsp mayo. I weighed in yesterday morning at 332.4. Planning to not weigh again until next Tuesday or Wednesday and do the Meat/Egg Fast until then.. except my birthday on Friday.
bethierose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #1459
Junior LCF Member

Anybody got a weird taste in their mouth? Like, my water taste metallic. I hate it!
Old 05-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #1460
Senior LCF Member

Welcome, Bethierose!!! Your menu sounds so yummy -- made me hungry lol!!

Momof4: How are you feeling? Better, I hope. I haven't had that metallic taste, but some say they get it when in ketosis.

Was down again this a.m. -- just another few ounces to 37.8 (haven't verbally abused my scales in a few days lol -- DH is probably thankful haha).

Went walking together last night. He and our dog were done after 20 minutes -- I was hyper for some reason and wanted to keep going. Came home and slept like a rock.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #1461
Senior LCF Member

yesterday's menu went something like this..

B: BPC (coffee, HWC, and CO)
L: steak and chicken
D: Mexican chicken and guacamole
Old 05-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #1462
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4fans View Post
Anybody got a weird taste in their mouth? Like, my water taste metallic. I hate it!
I've got it really bad right now.. so yes! It's not "gross" per se, but not pleasant. I haven't gotten to the store to pick up any SF gum, so I'm kinda at a loss for what to do! haha
Old 05-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #1463
Senior LCF Member

Good idea on the gum, bethierose!

Question for the veteran fasters -- anyone drink diet sodas on the fast? I haven't so far, but lately I've been kind of craving something bubbly...or fizzy. I'll abstain if there's evidence that they cause stalls, but a nice cold diet soda with ice sure sounds good about now!

Weighed in at 137.9 again this morning. I actually thought I might see a gain since I had a huge (and incredibly delicious and creamy) avocado with dinner last night. I have three more ripening on the kitchen window sill lol and DH isn't interested (yay).

I bought a low-carb cookbook for my e-reader (for when I end the fast). I think I'm going to surprise DH with some treats!
Old 05-15-2013, 10:53 PM   #1464
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:

Question for the veteran fasters -- anyone drink diet sodas on the fast? I haven't so far, but lately I've been kind of craving something bubbly...or fizzy. I'll abstain if there's evidence that they cause stalls, but a nice cold diet soda with ice sure sounds good about now!
Not sure if I qualify as a veteran but will give you my experience I have them minimally and they don't seem to cause a problem. You usually only have problems with them if they are high in sodium (water retention) or you have a problem with artificial sweetners (stall). Have a small glass and see how the scales are the next day. Great work on your losses BTW
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:11 PM   #1465
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Welcome, Bethierose!!! Your menu sounds so yummy -- made me hungry lol!!

Momof4: How are you feeling? Better, I hope. I haven't had that metallic taste, but some say they get it when in ketosis.

Was down again this a.m. -- just another few ounces to 37.8 (haven't verbally abused my scales in a few days lol -- DH is probably thankful haha).

Went walking together last night. He and our dog were done after 20 minutes -- I was hyper for some reason and wanted to keep going. Came home and slept like a rock.
Thanks for asking Beth2013. I'm feeling slightly better, but still have this awful chect congestion. I decided just to have veggies with dinner until I kick this cold. I need some comfort.

Well, I hope I keep losing weight if I have to endure this weird taste in my mouth. I've never had it before when just doing regular Atkins. I was 160.4 today. I'm thinking next week when I'm feeling better I will be able to tackle M&E 100%.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:14 PM   #1466
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethierose View Post
I've got it really bad right now.. so yes! It's not "gross" per se, but not pleasant. I haven't gotten to the store to pick up any SF gum, so I'm kinda at a loss for what to do! haha
I use sf altoids, peppermint oil drops and sf gum. Nothing really makes it go away, but it helps.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:17 PM   #1467
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

Weighed in at 137.9 again this morning. I actually thought I might see a gain since I had a huge (and incredibly delicious and creamy) avocado with dinner last night. I have three more ripening on the kitchen window sill lol and DH isn't interested (yay).

I bought a low-carb cookbook for my e-reader (for when I end the fast). I think I'm going to surprise DH with some treats!
I drink the carbonated waters. Safeway makes them and Walmart too. They have nothing in them except artificial sweetener. No sodium. I love them and they seem to have no effect on my weight.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:02 AM   #1468
Senior LCF Member

Momof4: Is there a particular brand you like? I was just looking at flavored waters at the grocery store yesterday! That LC cookbook I bought has a recipe for SF Peach Ice-Cream and the very first ingredient is "16 oz. peach-flavored Fruit2-0". (The author says, "If you make only one frozen dessert from this book, make this one"). It only has 7 ingredients total and I figure I can score some major points with DH if I surprise him with a sugar-free treat hahaha.

Glad you're feeling better. I was up a bit this a.m, but will save the whine for another time. I'm becoming weary after 46 days -- weary of eggs, weary of meat -- weary of the ups & downs on the dumb scale lol. I think it's time for more closet-shopping!
Old 05-16-2013, 07:09 AM   #1469
Senior LCF Member

Tashy: I've missed you!!! (And I do consider you a vet -- your posts have helped me through this -- a lot)!
Old 05-16-2013, 07:12 AM   #1470
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Momof4: Is there a particular brand you like? I was just looking at flavored waters at the grocery store yesterday! That LC cookbook I bought has a recipe for SF Peach Ice-Cream and the very first ingredient is "16 oz. peach-flavored Fruit2-0". (The author says, "If you make only one frozen dessert from this book, make this one"). It only has 7 ingredients total and I figure I can score some major points with DH if I surprise him with a sugar-free treat hahaha.

Glad you're feeling better. I was up a bit this a.m, but will save the whine for another time. I'm becoming weary after 46 days -- weary of eggs, weary of meat -- weary of the ups & downs on the dumb scale lol. I think it's time for more closet-shopping!
I'm very impressed that you've been doing the fast for so long! I don't think I can do that. I'm thinking a week on, a week off.

The walmart brand is called Clear but I can't think of the safeway name. They are super inexpensive, like $.88 for a big bottle. My fave flavor is cherry-limaide. very refreshing!

I hate the scale too. It's that TOM so I'm not even going to weigh until that passes. What's the point?
I hope we all have a great day!