Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 05:40 AM   #1411
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: grainfree247
Stats: 182/170/145
WOE: LC contemplating NK
Start Date: June 2012
Tashydoll-great job! The beef soup sounds great! I will weigh in tomorrow. I have decided to weigh myself only a couple of times a week. I get to obsessive with scale when it doesn't budge.
grainfree247 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #1412
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by grainfree247 View Post
Tashydoll-great job! The beef soup sounds great! I will weigh in tomorrow. I have decided to weigh myself only a couple of times a week. I get to obsessive with scale when it doesn't budge.
Thanks grainfree I know what you mean about the scales... I get obsessive about it too. I do find though it gives me some focus and keeps me on track to stop me from cheating so I'll stick with my daily obsession at the moment if it's going to keep me on the right path!! Yes, I love the beef soup... it's starting to get a bit colder here so soup is a good option and I absolutely love spicy food, so it's going down a treat How's your progress going?

Here's my progress:
Day 1: -1.3 (45 mins on cross-trainer)
Day 2: -0.9 (30 mins on cross-trainer)

Yesterday's menu:
B: Coffee with HWC & CO, 2 x fried eggs, 2 x thin slices of chicken deli meat
L: Coffee with HWC, small bowl beef soup (beef broth, chunks of steak, garlic, ginger, fresh coriander & chopped up chillies), 2 x small chicken thigh fillets + 1 tbls mayo (bit hungrier today)
S: Frozen decaf iced coffee with HWC & stevia
D: 1 x large piece of fish with tartare sauce, 3 rings of salt & pepper calamari
Lots and lots and lots of water....

Have a great day everyone and good luck with your losses

Last edited by tashydoll; 05-03-2013 at 02:58 PM..
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #1413
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: momof4fans
Stats: 185/161/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January, 2009
Early success

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I've been reading it a lot, but haven't posted. I've been doing Atkins for about 3 years and have had good results . Unfortunately, last Thanksgiving and Christmas (2012) I sort of went crazy and really struggled to get back on track. I would go on and off every week. Something stressful would happen and I would binge. This went on for months! It was awful! I just hated myself. I gained about 20lbs. So, I finally pulled myself together and have been back on my plan for about a month. What was driving me crazy is how my body is really changing. I will be 44 in June and I can see that things are slowing down. I used to be able to splurge and gain a few pounds but also drop them really fast too. Not now. So, I've been reading on here about meat and egg fasting. I started on May 3 and I have already lost 4.8 pounds! I have an extremely accurate scale because my teenage boys wrestle and they are constantly having to make weight. So, I'm thrilled!!! What a great motivation to stay on task! I was wondering how long should I do this? I do take a quality multivitamin everyday. Thanks for any advice you have!
momof4fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #1414
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4fans View Post
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I've been reading it a lot, but haven't posted. I've been doing Atkins for about 3 years and have had good results . Unfortunately, last Thanksgiving and Christmas (2012) I sort of went crazy and really struggled to get back on track. I would go on and off every week. Something stressful would happen and I would binge. This went on for months! It was awful! I just hated myself. I gained about 20lbs. So, I finally pulled myself together and have been back on my plan for about a month. What was driving me crazy is how my body is really changing. I will be 44 in June and I can see that things are slowing down. I used to be able to splurge and gain a few pounds but also drop them really fast too. Not now. So, I've been reading on here about meat and egg fasting. I started on May 3 and I have already lost 4.8 pounds! I have an extremely accurate scale because my teenage boys wrestle and they are constantly having to make weight. So, I'm thrilled!!! What a great motivation to stay on task! I was wondering how long should I do this? I do take a quality multivitamin everyday. Thanks for any advice you have!
Hi momof4fans,
Firstly congratulations on your fantastic success, well done! I know how hard it is when you are on atkins for a long time and then you fall off the wagon and you can't stay back on for a long time! The funny thing is that it seems the weight loss slows right down when you go back on plan and I also stalled a lot more than I did previously - it's all very frustrating

To answer your question (according to my own knowledge that is) M&E can be continued for as long or short a time as you wish to continue. There are no hard and fast rules with it because everyone has different results. I tried a few different things to find out what worked for me, but in the end I was doing 4 days on M&E and then 4 days normal atkins at about 20-30grams carbs/day. I found that too long without any green salads/veg really affected my mental state and I struggled to stay on plan. Having said that though, some people are able to stay on it successfully for months at a time and do really well (Lori where are you!!??) And yes, I would definitely have a good multivitamin whilst on this plan as it really helps. If you find you are getting cramps at all I find magnesium is excellent too.

The other things to remember is to drink bucket loads of water and don't be tempted to drop the fat too low because you need it to make this WOE work. Coconut oil and olive oil are good additions to M&E.

Good luck and we love to see everyone's updates and menus here too... keep up the great work
Old 05-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #1415
Junior LCF Member

Tashydoll, thank you for the welcome! And the advice! I like the idea of going 4 and 4. I'm really missing veggies! But it definitely has helped jump start me again.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:03 AM   #1416
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
Start Date: 9/17/12
Quote:
Congratulations! What a great feeling. I personally eat M&E the majority of the time. That being said that is just how it usually works out for me. I eat on the fly a lot and make A LOT of meat up on Saturdays or Sunday's when I have time. This past weekend I grilled two kinds of steaks, pork chops, and burger size sausage patties along with cooking a roast. This is because I also work full time and have to have to cook dinner when I get home around 5. I have 4 children and my husband travels all week (and some weekends). The meat is already done and I normally cook a side dish for them, but I usually just eat the meat.

It is all about what works with you. I do eat vegetables. Usually I eat them when I eat out with friends or when I make a side for the kids that is legal for me on induction level carbs. I have the salad and veggie cravings too. When I do I just eat them.

A typical day for me is:

B: eggs with cream cheese or bacon, coffee w/heavy cream, sweetener, and SF Flavoring
L: Tuna w/mayo or wings or other meat
D: steak, pork chop, or roast

I try to drink my 64 oz of water as well.

Here's to your continued success!

Goals met:
199.9 - ONEderland(10/23/12);
180s - (12/08/12)
170s - (1/7/13) (made it back 01/14) (no longer obese)
160s - (3/2/13) 50.2 pounds in 5 1/2 months!
148 - No longer Overweight
"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor, Runner/Author
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:53 AM   #1417
Junior LCF Member

LoriAS, thank you for the welcome as well! And congratulations on your accomplishment!

I was wondering, for anybody reading this, when you go back to say induction level carbs, does your weight loss continue or stop?
Old 05-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #1418
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth2013
Stats: 165/133/125
Start Date: January 1, 2013
Happy Wednesday, fasters! (Happy Thursday, Tashy!)

Welcome, Momof4!! Wow - over 4 lbs. in 4 days - awesome start!!! I did fairly strict M/E fasting the entire month of April and had the same concerns as you, but I think we're ok as long as we're taking good supplements.

I was going to cycle M/E fasting with induction-type eating for May, but so far I've been too chicken to try it and (so far) I'm continuing on with the fast. I'm stuck, though...same weight for the past 7 days, ugh. I'd be anxious or depressed, but I've been 'shopping' in my closet and finding 'new' things that now fit and that always cheers me up.

Upped my daily walks from 20 min. to an hour -- listening to audiobooks is making it so fun! Thinking about joining DH's gym...just 'thinking' about it for now, though LOL.
Beth2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #1419
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth2013 View Post
Happy Wednesday, fasters! (Happy Thursday, Tashy!)

Welcome, Momof4!! Wow - over 4 lbs. in 4 days - awesome start!!! I did fairly strict M/E fasting the entire month of April and had the same concerns as you, but I think we're ok as long as we're taking good supplements.

I was going to cycle M/E fasting with induction-type eating for May, but so far I've been too chicken to try it and (so far) I'm continuing on with the fast. I'm stuck, though...same weight for the past 7 days, ugh. I'd be anxious or depressed, but I've been 'shopping' in my closet and finding 'new' things that now fit and that always cheers me up.

Upped my daily walks from 20 min. to an hour -- listening to audiobooks is making it so fun! Thinking about joining DH's gym...just 'thinking' about it for now, though LOL.
Thank you so much! I'm thinking it will slow down at some point. Today I was only .8 down and I wonder if it's because I dipped my pork chops in bottled Ranch. It just sounded good. I'm chicken too. I'm afraid I'll pop back up. I just want to get back to my lowest weight on Atkins which is 150. At that weight I can wear a size 10 which I'm fine with since I'm almost 44 and have birthed 4 children! That'll change your body!

I've been putting on things that fit better too! That is so motivating! I was so frustrated before I started M&E fast because I would be so "good" and it would take me a month to lose 5 pounds! By then I would just go off my rocker! Not what I'm used to on Atkins.

Has anyone ever tried the fat fast? It includes things like avocado, macadamia nuts, etc...It sounds tasty!

Love this forum, everyone is so nice and supportive!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #1420
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
Start Date: 9/17/12
I have to admit I use A LOT of fat in my M&E fast. I use all the fatty condiments like cream cheese, heavy cream, sour cream, mayo.

I also buy all my meat from a butcher with "fat on".

I think it helps tremendously to ensure that your natural fat levels are high as well.

Don't worry about the stalls when they happen, because they are going to happen no matter what type of way your are eating. You just have to convince yourself that it is worth continuing through.

I actually think finding the right way of eating is individual, experimental and constantly changing. What a fun little adventure!

So far today:

B: 3 scrambled eggs with 2 T cream cheese, coffee w/heavy cream, splenda, and SF davinci syrup
L: 6 wings w/ mild sauce and ranch
D: not sure, probably NY Strip Steak.

water, diet coke
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #1421
Senior LCF Member

Good advice, Lori. I think I probably need to include more fat. I just started frying my 80/20 burgers in bacon grease...so good. Think I'll also pick up some pork chops and wings next time I'm at the store.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #1422
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bamboozled
Stats: 297/285/210
WOE: Blood Type Diet/SB Phase 2
Start Date: Sept.23/12 and restarted Mar.18/13
Hello everyone! I am about to start a meat and egg fast tomorrow. I am pretty sure I can just about live on devilled eggs. YUM.

I have my own hens so all my eggs are cruelty free. Mmmm... you can taste the freedom.

I am going to pick up some ground beef today that is on sale.
Bamboozled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #1423
Junior LCF Member

I also eat a lot of fat. I love mct oil, butter, heavy cream, etc, etc. And I drink a lot of water.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:58 AM   #1424
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Has anyone ever tried the fat fast? It includes things like avocado, macadamia nuts, etc...It sounds tasty!
I tried this about 4 months ago and I HATED it! Could be just me but I really struggled with it. From memory you only have 1000 to 1200 cals to play around with and it is really hard to keep the fat levels up whilst keeping the protein & carb levels down (it's something like 85 - 90% fat from memory??). I was so hungry I nearly passed out at about 4 in the afternoon. Needless to say it only lasted one day because I was constantly dry reaching from having no food in my stomach and was dizzy and felt really off!! Again, some people have no problems doing it at all but I have found M&E much easier to stick to. I would be interested to know your thoughts if you give it a try and if you found it easy to stick to.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:03 AM   #1425
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
I tried this about 4 months ago and I HATED it! Could be just me but I really struggled with it. From memory you only have 1000 to 1200 cals to play around with and it is really hard to keep the fat levels up whilst keeping the protein & carb levels down (it's something like 85 - 90% fat from memory??). I was so hungry I nearly passed out at about 4 in the afternoon. Needless to say it only lasted one day because I was constantly dry reaching from having no food in my stomach and was dizzy and felt really off!! Again, some people have no problems doing it at all but I have found M&E much easier to stick to. I would be interested to know your thoughts if you give it a try and if you found it easy to stick to.
Eww, that sounds awful! I can't stand feeling that way! Well, if I decide to try it, I'll let ya know how it goes.

The M&E fast is still working, but it's slowing down. This morning I was only down
.6. I know, stop complaining, right? I think it's a sign that it might be time to change it up. Once I get into the 159's (hopefully one more day) I'm going to go back eating veggies for a few days. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Thanks for the input!
Old 05-09-2013, 07:47 AM   #1426
Senior LCF Member

Bamboozled!
Old 05-09-2013, 08:08 AM   #1427
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
The M&E fast is still working, but it's slowing down
True, but I still love your stats!

My weight loss for the month of April (on M/E the whole time) averaged out to be .26 lbs. per day (I'll take it!). I started out like gangbusters - had a whoosh or two mid-month - then got stuck at 140 towards the end of the month. I'm still stuck, but at least not gaining, so thankful for that, at least. We're both just 10 lbs. or so from goal, and I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Years ago I relied on a 'meat/egg/cottage cheese' diet to take off 6 or 7 lbs. in a week or so and it always worked. I now realize I was doing Stillman's...so if this 'stuckness' continues, I may give that a try for a week or so.

Do keep posting your stats -- so encouraging to many of us!
Old 05-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #1428
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
True, but I still love your stats!

My weight loss for the month of April (on M/E the whole time) averaged out to be .26 lbs. per day (I'll take it!). I started out like gangbusters - had a whoosh or two mid-month - then got stuck at 140 towards the end of the month. I'm still stuck, but at least not gaining, so thankful for that, at least. We're both just 10 lbs. or so from goal, and I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Years ago I relied on a 'meat/egg/cottage cheese' diet to take off 6 or 7 lbs. in a week or so and it always worked. I now realize I was doing Stillman's...so if this 'stuckness' continues, I may give that a try for a week or so.

Do keep posting your stats -- so encouraging to many of us!
Well I am encouraged by all of you! I'm liking my stats too. My husband commented last night that I felt thinner in the waste. That's where I lose it first. And, I put on cute boat nect t-shirt that I felt like a sausage in a month ago. It was loose! And, I peed on one of those keto sticks and I was in ketosis. (sorry if that's TMI) It's always been hard for me to get into ketosis. So more good news for me.

Now, I don't know about all you other M&E fasters, but nobody knows I'm doing this. Not even my husband. He and my two sons rope and ride horse every evening and so I'm usually in the house making dinner. I eat while they are outside. Which I typically do anyway because I don't like to eat that late. My husband would freak out. He knows I do Atkins, and when he sees me eat a bunch of fat, he just cringes. I get the "that's going straight to your arteries" response. I've had my cholesterol check and it was good. So what about you all? Most people freak out.

And Beth2013, I know the closer you get the slower it goes! I'm trying to get this weight off so I'll be happier and because we are going to Disneyland Resot for a week in July. I know I'll gain weight there. I just can't do low carb on vacation. So, I need to lose it so I can it back. HaHa
Old 05-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #1429
Senior LCF Member

So funny that you should say that momof4fans because I don't tell people either...couldn't be bothered explaining it to them because, like you said, they freak out. My husband and friends now accept (grudgingly) my atkins woe and also cringe at the fat...but hubby doesn't know about m&e but my best friend knows I do it occasionally and she thinks it's great. Hubby probably wouldn't care but I don't need him thinking I'm weirder with my eating than he already does, lol!

Last edited by tashydoll; 05-09-2013 at 01:52 PM..
Old 05-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #1430
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
So funny that you should say that momof4fans because I don't tell people either...couldn't be bothered explaining it to them because, like you said, they freak out. My husband and friends now accept (grudgingly) my atkins woe and also cringe at the fat...but hubby doesn't know about m&e but my best friend knows I do it occasionally and she thinks it's great. Hubby probably wouldn't care but I don't need him thinking I'm weirder with my eating than he already does, lol!
Haha, that's funny! My husband would just think I was fanatical and obsessed! He couldn't possibly understand. He eats whatever he wants and never gaines weight. He's 6'4" and weighs 225 and looks great! And he has a terrible sweet tooth also. I bake stuff for the fam all the time. I just don't eat it. I actually told my sister, because she struggles too. She gets it.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #1431
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: joytotheworld
Stats: 259/245/139
Start Date: 4/22/13
Quote:
I'm new to this whole thing so please forgive me.. how long should you do a M&E fast? and should you take fiber supplements? Is the faster weight loss sustainable (if you did M&E for a month would you lose like 50 lbs lol)

Also, i Know this is the wrong place for this... but how the heck do you update your signature?? I've looked everywhere! lol
joytotheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:16 PM   #1432
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joytotheworld View Post
I'm new to this whole thing so please forgive me.. how long should you do a M&E fast? and should you take fiber supplements? Is the faster weight loss sustainable (if you did M&E for a month would you lose like 50 lbs lol)

Also, i Know this is the wrong place for this... but how the heck do you update your signature?? I've looked everywhere! lol
Hello Joytotheworld. I have no idea how long to do this M&E fast. I think it's really individual. I'm in experimental mode. Once I get to 159 I'm going to go back to regular Atkins for a while. I'll just have to see what happens then. I hope I don't gain it all back. I decided I'm only going to add veggies to dinner though. At least for a while. I take magnesium. It keeps me regular.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #1433
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

I think you go to the User Control Panel.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #1434
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hello Joytotheworld. I have no idea how long to do this M&E fast. I think it's really individual. I'm in experimental mode. Once I get to 159 I'm going to go back to regular Atkins for a while. I'll just have to see what happens then. I hope I don't gain it all back. I decided I'm only going to add veggies to dinner though. At least for a while. I take magnesium. It keeps me regular.
Thanks for the info! I think I'll try it in a couple of weeks and see how it goes!

Also thanks for the info on the signature.. it says I'm not permitted to have one.. so I guess that's that!

Best wishes with your goals!
Old 05-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #1435
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks for the info! I think I'll try it in a couple of weeks and see how it goes!

Also thanks for the info on the signature.. it says I'm not permitted to have one.. so I guess that's that!

Best wishes with your goals!
Thanks! Same to you!

I guess if you're not allowed to have a signature, then I'm not either because you have twice the posts I have
Old 05-09-2013, 10:14 PM   #1436
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I guess if you're not allowed to have a signature, then I'm not either because you have twice the posts I have
Hi.. the signature is available after something like 29 days with an account and a certain number of posts
Old 05-10-2013, 06:54 AM   #1437
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi.. the signature is available after something like 29 days with an account and a certain number of posts
Thanks! I guess I better start posting!
Old 05-10-2013, 08:38 AM   #1438
Senior LCF Member

Happy TGIF fasters. I'm up a pound...boo. Slept most of yesterday (summer cold - lots of Nyquil). Went back to bed yesterday a.m., woke up just after noon and ate a couple bites of DH's chili. Went back to bed and slept until 6pm, got up and ate another couple bites of chili, drank more Nyquil, went back to bed and slept straight through to this morning.

I dreamed of chocolate Thinking of going back to bed lol (more chocolate dreams).

Wishing everyone a 'losing' day!
Old 05-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #1439
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Happy TGIF fasters. I'm up a pound...boo. Slept most of yesterday (summer cold - lots of Nyquil). Went back to bed yesterday a.m., woke up just after noon and ate a couple bites of DH's chili. Went back to bed and slept until 6pm, got up and ate another couple bites of chili, drank more Nyquil, went back to bed and slept straight through to this morning.

I dreamed of chocolate Thinking of going back to bed lol (more chocolate dreams).

Wishing everyone a 'losing' day!
I'm sure it's just water weight. Medication does that to you. And you could be a little dehydrated as well. Hope you feel better soon. It's so hard to be "good" when feeling bad.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #1440
Junior LCF Member

Well, I was the same today as yesterday. 160.2 So close to the 150's! I was really looking forward to some veggies today, but I told myself I was going to get to 159 before I added veggies back in. So, hopefully tomorrow. Still feeling encouraged though. Some capris I bought out of desperation since none of my summer clothes fit are actually really baggy now. I just have to stay the course...