Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #1291
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth2013 View Post
Thanks, Tashy! I'm planning on a half teaspoon in my coffee tomorrow morning to start. Hope I like it. (If it helps me break this current stall, I'll LOVE it lol).
No problems It helps keep you full and it can definitely break a stall (in my opinion)... half a teaspoon and you won't even really taste it. When I started off I was doing a whole tablespoon in my coffee from the first day (probably a bit too much to be honest..but it helps clear out your system if you know what I mean ) My downfall the other day was I did a second tablespoon in my coffee at lunch time and it was just too much for my body to handle... felt very yuck afterwards and I wouldn't recommend it until you build you body up to tolerate it!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2013, 09:45 AM   #1292
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth2013
Stats: 165/133/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 1, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
..but it helps clear out your system if you know what I mean )
I DO know what you mean !! I'm so hoping it helps in that department! I tried the 1/2 tsp. and it's not bad. Kind of an oily mouth feel that I'm not used to, but I can handle that.

I'm craving a big old cold, crisp salad. It makes me laugh because 6 months ago it would have been bread or donuts hahaha. I'm sooooooo over meat lol. Never was a big meat-eater to begin with and on the last day of this month I've decided to treat myself to a Cesar salad (minus croutons and probably tomatoes).

Can't wait!
Beth2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #1293
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
how much do you all eat in average
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #1294
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
Quote:
How does everyone here store their coconut oil? .
I always have a opened jar on my counter or in my pantry

love it in my coffee and fried eggs are great !
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:25 PM   #1295
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
how much do you all eat in average
It's best to use your hunger as your own guide... often you eat a little more in the beginning and then your hungers eases off and you aren't as hungry. As a guide though this is what a normal day would look like for me on M&E:

B: 1 x coffee with HWC & CO, 3 x scrambled eggs with butter or HWC
L: 100grams ground beef cooked in butter with some spices/herbs and topped with tbsp sour cream.
S: 1 x coffee or frozen blended coffee with hwc & stevia
D: An omelette made with 3 eggs and some ham or chicken cooked in butter or whatever the meat portion is of the dinner I am cooking for my family.

Hope that helps. The main things to remember are to make sure you don't let yourself go hungry, try to steer clear of too much processed meat (ie. sausages, bacon, deli meats etc.) and make sure you have a decent amount of fat in your day

Have a great day....
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:20 PM   #1296
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
I always have a opened jar on my counter or in my pantry

love it in my coffee and fried eggs are great !
Thanks, Deb. I should have figured out it didn't have to be refrigerated when it didn't say so on the jar. Plus, none of my other cooking oils need to be refrigerated. This one looks different, though.

I couldn't face meat today so I just ate eggs and really not many of those since I just wasn't hungry. I was really thirsty, though. Drank almost two 64 oz. containers of water lol. Guess where I spent the bulk of the day???

I have a good feeling about tomorrow. Isn't it weird how we can sometimes predict what those pesky scales are going to do?

(Now watch me be wrong lol)!

Hope everyone has a losing day! May will be here before we know it!
Old 04-20-2013, 07:29 AM   #1297
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Hello all M&E fasters,

I am guiding my bff to M&E fast as she failed miserably w/ hcg and also ADF.
I used to do mini M&E's as a LC tool, but thought I would ask a question as it has been a while. Does anyone here cycle M&E? In other words, she would really like to try this M-F and eat her normal Sat & Sun. I think it would be fine, but really have never tried it? It will slow down her progress, but if she doesn't drink too much wine on the weekends, she may do better with this than any plan.

I told her that I don't think she will have as easy a time unless she joins the forum. I receive so much inspiration from my fellow fast friends! I do the daily 16 hour fast and PHD.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:46 AM   #1298
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phase
Stats: 191/80s/30s - 5'3"
WOE: Low Carb/Keto
Start Date: January 2012
I've been having a tough time keeping it strict M&E and it shows since I've been bouncing around the same few pounds for a month. The last 2 days I stuck with it. I almost caved to a big salad last night, I wanted one so freaking bad but I just knew I'd see a drop on the scale this morning if I behaved and that helped me resist. It was worth missing out on that salad because I'm now the lowest weight I've been all year!
4/16~ 164.4
4/17~ 163.6
4/18~ 162.8
4/19~ 161.6
4/20~ 160.2
Phase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #1299
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase View Post
I've been having a tough time keeping it strict M&E and it shows since I've been bouncing around the same few pounds for a month. The last 2 days I stuck with it. I almost caved to a big salad last night, I wanted one so freaking bad but I just knew I'd see a drop on the scale this morning if I behaved and that helped me resist. It was worth missing out on that salad because I'm now the lowest weight I've been all year!
4/16~ 164.4
4/17~ 163.6
4/18~ 162.8
4/19~ 161.6
4/20~ 160.2
That's so inspiring to me since salad is what I've been craving as well! I'm also up and down and stuck all around on the scales, but like you (and many others here from which I've learned so much) I finally had a whoosh this morning which proves to me that patience really is a virtue.

When I doubt, I come here to read and that's ALL that's kept me on the path to loserdom.

Congrats! And let us both stay strong!
Old 04-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #1300
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Hello all M&E fasters,

I used to do mini M&E's as a LC tool, but thought I would ask a question as it has been a while. Does anyone here cycle M&E? In other words, she would really like to try this M-F and eat her normal Sat & Sun. I think it would be fine, but really have never tried it? It will slow down her progress, but if she doesn't drink too much wine on the weekends, she may do better with this than any plan.

I told her that I don't think she will have as easy a time unless she joins the forum. I receive so much inspiration from my fellow fast friends! I do the daily 16 hour fast and PHD.
I'm too new to answer since I just started, but it's the normal eating on the weekends that would scare me to death.

Having said that, were I not on a mission to lose by a certain date, I LOVE the 'cycling' idea! I get so tired of meat, so having 2 days to indulge with salad and other veggies would just be oh so great. I'm betting she could see good results -- just much slower than strict M/E fasting with no breaks.

And your advice to join the forum is golden. She really can't go wrong with so many supporting members here. I hope she tries it!!!
Old 04-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #1301
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'm too new to answer since I just started, but it's the normal eating on the weekends that would scare me to death.

Having said that, were I not on a mission to lose by a certain date, I LOVE the 'cycling' idea! I get so tired of meat, so having 2 days to indulge with salad and other veggies would just be oh so great. I'm betting she could see good results -- just much slower than strict M/E fasting with no breaks.

And your advice to join the forum is golden. She really can't go wrong with so many supporting members here. I hope she tries it!!!
I agree! I think she is wanting to have her fruit and yogurt, plus possibly some other non-meat foods. She is not now and as far as I know, ever been LC, which that in itself seems very odd that she would consider this as a means to lose. She has lost successfully on Jenny C and WW, several years ago. She is about 80 lbs overweight and quite frustrated that she can't stick with anything. I know she won't even try PHD, because she hates veggies, except for potatoes & green beans. I think she is trying to do something different and possibly feeling desperate. She even speaks of lapband and I am trying to convince her that I would try anything else before the band.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #1302
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I finally had a whoosh this morning which proves to me that patience really is a virtue.
When I doubt, I come here to read and that's ALL that's kept me on the path to loserdom.
Congrats! And let us both stay strong!
Yay for your whoosh! I lack patience and that's what gets me into trouble. lol I'm trying though! Coming here and lurking definitely helps a ton!

Quote:
Does anyone here cycle M&E?
I did this some last month. I ate M&Es Sunday to Thursday and added in veggies and cheese Friday and Saturday. Mostly I'd be up a pound Saturday morning but I'd lose that plus some during the next week. I was pretty carbed up to start but I lost about 10lbs the first two weeks. I think if it doesn't cause cravings that it'd be great for your friend. I'm not doing it at the moment because I have a vacation coming up so I need the quickest results I can get. lol She can always try it for a few weeks and go strict if she doesn't love the results. I hope she joins us here!
Old 04-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #1303
Senior LCF Member

I can't get your 'cycling' idea out of my head lol. I'm halfway to goal and seriously thinking about trying this in May. The way I'd do it is start on a Monday and ONLY weigh on Fridays. Weighing after a 'normal' weekend of eating might be too discouraging so I'd avoid the scale on Mondays at all costs. Right now I'm weighing every morning but that's mostly because I just started and I want to document my food intake and daily weight to see what adjustments I need to make.

I'm almost positive your friend can see good results fasting Monday thru Fridays with meat and eggs and seeing a good loss on Fridays might be just the thing to motivate her.

I started 4/1 and as of this morning I've lost exactly 10 lbs. BUT...I'm sure your friend is much younger and has a much faster metabolism than I do and I realistically think she might see similar or better results with your 'cycle' method.

It's just so simplistic in its approach (unlike WW lol) I just don't see how she can go wrong - and if she's active she will just do awesome! Of course, others here know a lot more about this than me, so I can hardly wait to see others 'weigh' in
Old 04-20-2013, 11:37 AM   #1304
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, Phase!!! I got so tired of writing 142 over and over and over LOL!!! This morning I could finally write 140...tomorrow it might be back to 142 though WHO knows???

Also so happy to hear you tried Sunday's cycling idea! I'm seriously thinking about it for May. When's your vacation? I need to be at or a bit under goal by July 1 (earlier the better tho so I can dress shop). It IS a little scary, though, since strict M/E is working (so tired of meat tho LOL).

Excellent advice about her trying and then switching, tho! I, too, hope we see her here...the more the merrier
Old 04-20-2013, 12:00 PM   #1305
Senior LCF Member

Beth~ 140! That's awesome! I can't wait to see that number! My vacation is going to be in the first week of July so we have the same time frame. I won't be at my goal by then but I want to be as close as I can possibly get. Ugh.. beach wear ya know? lol I liked the cycling thing but my weight loss started to stall the third week, which is normal but since I have no patience seeing the scale stuck bummed me out. I stared adding in low carb junk food and snacks on the third weekend then having them during the week. The junk knocked me out of ketosis and caused cravings. I think if i had stuck to just having cheese and veggies on the weekends I would have started back losing soon enough. It was so nice being able to look forward to a yummy salad.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #1306
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hello all M&E fasters,

Hiya Sunday

Well I can give you my experience on this if you like. I do 4 days of M&E and then 4 days of LC (around 20-30grams carbs) and I find this suits me the best as I have tried all sorts of combinations. I feel too much like I'm being hard done by if I can't have veggies and salad for a really long period so this helps me so I don't feel like I'm missing out for too long. Also allows me to focus solely on M&E for the whole 4 days because I know an l/c veggie or salad fix is right around the corner This 4 days on 4 days off cycling has worked very well for me and allowed continual (albeit slow) losses. I'm also worried that if my body gets used to almost no carbs for too long then when I do go back to normal l/c I will just gain a whole heap of weight.

Hope this helps... have a great day
Old 04-21-2013, 07:41 AM   #1307
Senior LCF Member

New low for the year this morning! I haven't seen the 50s since last july. I'm definitely going to work on maintaining my losses when I stall instead of giving in and gaining which is my usual pattern. Hope you ladies are having an equally good morning!
4/16~ 164.4
4/17~ 163.6
4/18~ 162.8
4/19~ 161.6
4/20~ 160.2
4/21~ 159.6
Old 04-21-2013, 08:30 AM   #1308
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congrats Phase! BTW, I love your avi!

Thanks everyone for the experiences. Tashy, I have a feeling this is going to be a difficult transition, so I am wondering if she should just do EOD M&E until she can completely wean from sugar and gluten? Evidently, she is wanting to give LC a whirl, I explained that cycling may not work if she doesn't get rid of the two bad toxins. She could have healthy carbs on alternate days, but I am pretty sure she would only gain weight if she had anything non-nutritious.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #1309
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
New low for the year this morning! I haven't seen the 50s since last july. I'm definitely going to work on maintaining my losses when I stall instead of giving in and gaining which is my usual pattern. Hope you ladies are having an equally good morning!
4/16~ 164.4
4/17~ 163.6
4/18~ 162.8
4/19~ 161.6
4/20~ 160.2
4/21~ 159.6
Woot woot!!!

I love how you don't have to type the same number more than once!! Whatever you're doing -- it's working!!!

I'm still going up and down but NOT giving in, either! Only 9 days to go and then Salad Treat! Whoopee lol.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #1310
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I love how you don't have to type the same number more than once!! Whatever you're doing -- it's working!!!
LOL! You should see the last 3 weeks numbers. It was bouncing and getting stuck every few days. I was at 161.4 on March 23rd and it's only now going down! I was eating a bunch of LC crap and just got back to M&E, that's why it's behaving so nicely for me.
Quote:
I'm still going up and down but NOT giving in, either! Only 9 days to go and then Salad Treat! Whoopee lol.
That's the spirit! Stick with it and the scale will HAVE to give in to your demands! Then you'll enjoy that salad even more.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #1311
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
LOL! You should see the last 3 weeks numbers. It was bouncing and getting stuck every few days. I was at 161.4 on March 23rd and it's only now going down! I was eating a bunch of LC crap and just got back to M&E, that's why it's behaving so nicely for me.
That's the spirit! Stick with it and the scale will HAVE to give in to your demands! Then you'll enjoy that salad even more.
Speaking of salad, the nutrition info on McDonald's Cesar (with grilled chicken) lists it as only 10g carbs and 4g fiber. That makes it really just 6 carbs, right? They don't really say if that's with or without the salad dressing so I'll just assume without. I'm hoping they're being truthful with those figures (they kind of have to by law, right?). Anyway, I think I can reproduce it and get an even lower carb count. I'd eliminate the carrots and cheese and the croutons. Hmmm...then it's really not a Cesar lol! Even so, I'm so hungry for SALAD!
Old 04-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #1312
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Speaking of salad, the nutrition info on McDonald's Cesar (with grilled chicken) lists it as only 10g carbs and 4g fiber. That makes it really just 6 carbs, right? They don't really say if that's with or without the salad dressing so I'll just assume without. I'm hoping they're being truthful with those figures (they kind of have to by law, right?). Anyway, I think I can reproduce it and get an even lower carb count. I'd eliminate the carrots and cheese and the croutons. Hmmm...then it's really not a Cesar lol! Even so, I'm so hungry for SALAD!
I just make my own beth! This is what I do:

Cos lettuce (I think you guys call it romaine lettuce?)
Cooked bacon
Boiled eggs sliced up
Chicken (if you want)
2 tsp Parmesan cheese grated
Mix together for your dressing some whole egg mayonnaise, some salt & pepper, dash of vinegar, tsp of mustard. I don't use anchovies in my dressing because I don't like them but you can add a couple of chopped ones if you like them.
Prepare salad and dressing... enjoy
Old 04-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #1313
Senior LCF Member

That count sounds about right to me for their Cesar. I'm not the best with maths though. I usually make my salad at home with boiled eggs, chicken, bacon and blue cheese.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #1314
Senior LCF Member

That salad sounds good Tashydoll!
Old 04-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #1315
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That salad sounds good Tashydoll!
Thanks, I think it is One of my fave l/c salads and very filling...
Old 04-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #1316
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That count sounds about right to me for their Cesar. I'm not the best with maths though. I usually make my salad at home with boiled eggs, chicken, bacon and blue cheese.
Yummo! Will try with blue cheese next time!
Old 04-22-2013, 06:26 AM   #1317
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
Start Date: 9/17/12
Feb 28: 171.4
Mar 27: 167.0
Apr 4: 165.2
Apr 5: 165.8
Apr 8: 165.4 run/walk intervals on treadmill (C25K W5D1)
Apr 9: 165.0 27 minute with JM 30 day shred
Apr 10: 164.6 run/walk intervals on treadmill (C25K W5D2)
Apr 11: 164.0 JM 30 Day Shred
Apr 12: 163.4 C25K
Apr 13: 162.6 JM 30 Day Shred
Apr 15: 167.0 ran
Apr 16: 166.4
Apr 17: 164.2 ran
Apr 18: 163.6
Apr 21: 163.8 ran
Apr 22: 162.8

Keep Up The Good Work Everyone!!

You all seem to be doing really well.

Goals met:
199.9 - ONEderland(10/23/12);
180s - (12/08/12)
170s - (1/7/13) (made it back 01/14) (no longer obese)
160s - (3/2/13) 50.2 pounds in 5 1/2 months!
148 - No longer Overweight
"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor, Runner/Author
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #1318
Senior LCF Member

Good morning Ladies!
I'm down a pound to 158.6 this morning! I'm expecting my losses to come to a screeching halt any day now. How I wish I could just go on losing a lb a day until goal though. *sigh*
Old 04-22-2013, 08:13 AM   #1319
Senior LCF Member

Tashydoll - Your salad sounds Wonderful!!! Exactly what I've been craving. And so easy! I think I could eat that 3 times a day.

Phase - You are KILLING it on this fast!!! So inspiring to read your stats when mine are stuck, because I know if I just stick with it a whoosh just has to be in my future, too!!! Are you planning to take any kind of a break at the end of the month? I'll be stalking you!

Lori - Look at you, you losing thang!! Doing well (kinda) here and thanks for asking. Still trying to figure some things out as I fast - like why my rings are so loose during the day but tighter when I get up in the a.m. I've been drinking about 100 oz. of water daily - not forcing, but really thirsty. Skin is looking great, though lol!

Here's my stats with 8 days to go (I like the first week the best lol)...

4/1 150 lbs.
4/2 149 lbs.
4/3 148 lbs.
4/4 147 lbs.
4/5 146 lbs.
4/6 146 lbs.
4/7 147 lbs.
4/8 145 lbs.
4/9 145 lbs.
4/10 145 lbs.
4/11 145 lbs.
4/12 145 lbs.
4/13 143 lbs.
4/14 143 lbs.
4/15 142 lbs.
4/16 141 lbs.
4/17 142 lbs.
4/18 142 lbs.
4/19 142 lbs.
4/20 140 lbs. Almost did a back-flip lol.
4/21 141 lbs.
4/22 141 lbs.

Stay losers, everyone!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #1320
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Are you planning to take any kind of a break at the end of the month? I'll be stalking you!
If I make my April goal of 155 I'll prolly have a nice big celebratory salad on the 1st. You're doing so well sticking to it!! The whoosh fairy should pay you a visit really soon! Then I can watch you drop the lbs while I'm stuck!