Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 03:36 PM   #1201
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tweety4life
Stats: 192.2/186.5/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 31, 2013
It is hard - but I am going to do it this time.

I am back!

Started 3/10 188.9
3/11 187.4
3/12 186.5
3/13 185.8 ate large bag of skins and 1 oz of whiskey w/crystal light
3/14 188.1
3/15 186.3
3/16 186.7

3/17-3/31 - A lot went on during the last two weeks. I thought that I could allow myself to cheat during TOM and it took me on a whirlwind. I gained 6.6 during this time. I restarted several times during this time period and could not get back on. So I know that I can not allow myself to get too far off during TOM.

Restart Meat and Eggs
3/31 - 193.3 (+6.6)
4/1 - 192.2 (-1.1)
4/2 - 190.3 (-1.9)

3lbs in 3 days - My goal is to stick with this until my next appointment which is 4/9/2013. I need to lose 6-10lbs by then.

Congrats to all and let's keep it going.
tweety4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #1202
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: msviv
Stats: 193.6/193.6/159
WOE: ME
Start Date: 4/2/13
Well it's day 1 and it's been all good, stayed on track all day. Here's what I had:

B- 2 cups coffee each w 1 tsp co, 3 bacon 1 sausage and 2 boiled eggs working on my 3rd cup of coffee
L- large hamburger patty, coffee w 2 tsp co
D- tuna with 2 eggs (broke down and picked up mayo) and a little dill pickle relish
so far 80 oz water will probably get in another 20 oz before turning in for the night.
Stopped at the store on the way home and picked up thin sliced pork chops chicken legs and eggs to go with the ground beef and tuna that I picked up yesterday, also picked up some half & half and some hwc. I think that will take me through the rest of this week.

4/2/13 starting weight 193.6
msviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #1203
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Ugh sucks to read this after eating a bag of skins today, lol. It was the only low carb thing I could keep in my bak in case of a hunger emergency. Thankfully I don't weigh in...I've been having ham and eggs w butter for breakfast yesterday I had four buffalo wings no sauce and an omelette for dinner-today same breakfast skins as snack and dinner was ground beef w 2 tsbp of sour cream and some shaved parm.

This is the first time I years I don't have cravings. My friend mentioned pizza last night and it did nothing. I've been trying to get her to low carb-so much easier when your mind isn't playing craving games.

Any thoughts/experience on low fat vs full fat m+e?

I love my butter and such, but I'm debating whether it's worth it to do something similar to still mans to lose faster.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:42 PM   #1204
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Ok we're is all the meat and eggs people???ive been off plan for two weeks gained 9 lbs going to see how long it takes me to get it off....I think 5 lbs is water,,,we will see if I lose 5 lbs the first week it was water!!!
Becky...I've been giving M&E a break too but back on the bandwagon tomorrow. Have been on holidays and just back today, bit scared to get on the scales tomorrow but will just have to bite the bullet. Starting back with a vengeance in the morning...WE CAN DO IT!!!
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:02 AM   #1205
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Morning all had a great day yesterday day 1 I was 159.4 today 156.8 ill take it.meat and eggs rock but you have to be strick for it to work...a few years ago I did meat and eggs for 5 mo lost 60 lbs...I never cheated one time but this time I have cheated several times I was 201 in July now 156 mostly doing meat and eggs..it works...I love it and how it makes you feel..have a great day!
portcop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:33 AM   #1206
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Morning all had a great day yesterday day 1 I was 159.4 today 156.8 ill take it.meat and eggs rock but you have to be strick for it to work...a few years ago I did meat and eggs for 5 mo lost 60 lbs...I never cheated one time but this time I have cheated several times I was 201 in July now 156 mostly doing meat and eggs..it works...I love it and how it makes you feel..have a great day!
great work! What was your menu like?
Old 04-03-2013, 06:24 AM   #1207
Junior LCF Member

Good Morning all, awesome day yesterday and it showed on the scale this morning, down
4 lbs So far today have had:
B- 4 slices bacon, 2 boiled eggs and 2 cups coffee w co & half & half, working on 3rd cup of coffee w co & hwc.
L- will be tuna w eggs, mayo and dill pickle relish
D- May be chicken wings not sure yet

4/2/13 193.6(starting weight)
4/3/13 189.6
Old 04-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #1208
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msviv View Post
Good Morning all, awesome day yesterday and it showed on the scale this morning, down
4 lbs So far today have had:
B- 4 slices bacon, 2 boiled eggs and 2 cups coffee w co & half & half, working on 3rd cup of coffee w co & hwc.
L- will be tuna w eggs, mayo and dill pickle relish
D- May be chicken wings not sure yet

4/3/13 189.6
Hi Msviv! That is awesome well done to you.

I'm so looking forward to starting back again today, I've been missing the feeling of not having a bloated stomach and sick of carrying all this excess water weight

Keep posting your menus and progress as it motivates us all... Have a good day

Last edited by tashydoll; 04-03-2013 at 02:40 PM..
Old 04-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #1209
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Yesterday
B- coffee with tbs hwc,tbs co,,,Steiva
L-1 egg coffee with hwc.co.stevia
D- 2 eggs 6 oz h.b.
Coffee with co hwc,stevia. I use liq.

Water water and more water
portcop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #1210
Junior LCF Member

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Hi Msviv! That is awesome well done to you.

I'm so looking forward to starting back again today, I've been missing the feeling of not having a bloated stomach and sick of carrying all this excess water weight

Keep posting your menus and progress as it motivates us all... Have a good day
Hi Natasha!
I know exactly what you mean, I too have that bloated stomach thing going on and am so tired of it. I am so glad I found you guys, I was really inspired reading all of the posts and seeing all of the success that everyone is achieving. I am still reading them and am still amazed. I can't wait to see where I am after a week of this WOE.

Well for dinner today I had 2 scrambled eggs w h&h cooked in butter and co and about a 6 oz hamburger with water.
I am now working on my last 20 oz of water for the day will end up with 100 oz today, tried that yesterday but only got in 80.
Good Luck to you as you re-start and get back on track.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #1211
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
Any thoughts/experience on low fat vs full fat m+e?

I love my butter and such, but I'm debating whether it's worth it to do something similar to still mans to lose faster.
Hey Kris, just read your post about lowfat possibilities of m&e...this is something I've done heaps of research on and apparently if you don't have the fat content your body goes into what is called "rabbit starvation" as our body is only capable of processing a certain amount of protein and what you essentially do is give yourself protein poisoning...this doesn't happen if you have the fat with it. If you google it there is heaps of info about it. The thing about fat is that it's a very easy way of keeping our body satisfied for long periods of time, so if you are enjoying not having cravings I would suggest that you keep eating the fat! Once you cut the fat out your body starts wanting something to replace it - enter simple and complex carbs (ie. sugar and plant based carbohydrates) After all, our body needs to get it's energy from somewhere!

I don't know anything about stillmans so not too sure but it might be worth a try as making changes and keeping our body guessing often forces weight loss... Good luck
Old 04-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #1212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phase
Stats: 191/80s/30s - 5'3"
WOE: Low Carb/Keto
Start Date: January 2012
I've tried stillmans but was never able to stick with it long. Since it's low fat I felt really guilty keeping my coffee with hwc. With meat and eggs I just consider it breakfast. lol Others do really well on it, they have a really active monthly thread. I'm not sure if the losses were faster with it than this since I never did it long.

It's my five year anniversary today and all day yesterday the thought creeping through my head was that I deserve to eat what I want for it. I should totally go to olive garden and eat everything I've been missing and of course eat some yummy sweets too. Because it's a special occasion. And I deserve it. Right. I'm trying to shut that crap down. I want to lose weight and not have to deal with the 12lb setback that a pigout might cost me.Brain, what are you doing?! We're supposed to be in this together!
Phase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:41 AM   #1213
Junior LCF Member

Hey all, how's it going? Well survived day 2 and down another 2.6 #'s today. I am loving this. Today looks like
B 2 sausage, 3 bacon, 2 cups coffee w co and h&h then got to work had another cup of coffee w heavy cream
L today will be 1 or 2 hamburger patties w some chipotle gluten & sugar free(has 4g carbs)
D- will be 2-3 chicken baked chicken legs, may have eggs but probably not.

Tried to get in 100 oz of water yesterday only finished half of my last 20 oz so got in 90 which is 10 more than the day before. 3rd times a charm so today I will make it.

Everyone have a GREAT DAY!!!!

Oh Phase HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! Resist the urge to have a blowout today, eat before you go out if you must but don't blow it now!!

4/3/13 189.6 -4
4/4/13 187.4 -2.4

Last edited by msviv; 04-04-2013 at 08:45 AM..
Old 04-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #1214
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: thimblecricket
I want in on this. I've been eating only eggs until dinner and then induction friendly food.
Day 1 - down 2.6 lbs (water weight from the weekend)
Day 2 - 1 lb
Day 3 - 0.8 lb

Today I've had two scrambled eggs and coffee with hwc and two hard boiled and a chicken breast.
thimblecricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #1215
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase View Post
I've tried stillmans but was never able to stick with it long. Since it's low fat I felt really guilty keeping my coffee with hwc. With meat and eggs I just consider it breakfast. lol Others do really well on it, they have a really active monthly thread. I'm not sure if the losses were faster with it than this since I never did it long.

It's my five year anniversary today and all day yesterday the thought creeping through my head was that I deserve to eat what I want for it. I should totally go to olive garden and eat everything I've been missing and of course eat some yummy sweets too. Because it's a special occasion. And I deserve it. Right. I'm trying to shut that crap down. I want to lose weight and not have to deal with the 12lb setback that a pigout might cost me.Brain, what are you doing?! We're supposed to be in this together!
Unfortunately Phase, our brain has it's own agenda sometimes!!! How'd you go??

Quote:

4/3/13 189.6 -4
4/4/13 187.4 -2.4
Awesome work Msviv!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thimblecricket View Post
I want in on this. I've been eating only eggs until dinner and then induction friendly food.
Day 1 - down 2.6 lbs (water weight from the weekend)
Day 2 - 1 lb
Day 3 - 0.8 lb

Today I've had two scrambled eggs and coffee with hwc and two hard boiled and a chicken breast.
Thimblecricket! Great losses... keep up the good work

Well, day 1 down and onto day 2.... feeling awesome. Bit light-headed yesterday a few times but I usually get this on my first day.

Jumped on the scales this morning and I'm down 3.5lbs!!! OMG, I cannot believe it... this is my largest loss in 1 day with M&E and I'm ecstatic!

Yesterday's menu:

B: Coffee with HWC, 3 x scrambled eggs with HWC.
L: 2 x chicken thigh fillets with onion powder fried in a little butter (40 mins cardio workout), iced coffee made with frozen hwc cubes, ice cubes, water, coffee, vanilla essence & stevia in a blender (YUM!).
D: Roasted chicken pieces with Mediterranean seasoning.
S: Decaf coffee with HWC.
Lots and lots and lots of water

Day 2 here I come

Have a great day everyone.....
Old 04-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #1216
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bobbette78
Stats: 227/191.5/140
Start Date: November 2012
Hi all. I was up 2 pounds this week for no reason at all, and that ticked me off so I ended up having two higher carb days. But I'm back on plan today, and I think I'll do just meat and eggs again this weekend.

Sounds like everyone has been working hard and getting good results - keep it up!!
Bobbette78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #1217
Junior LCF Member

YOU GO GIRL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Unfortunately Phase, our brain has it's own agenda sometimes!!! How'd you go??

Awesome work Msviv!!

Thimblecricket! Great losses... keep up the good work

Well, day 1 down and onto day 2.... feeling awesome. Bit light-headed yesterday a few times but I usually get this on my first day.

Jumped on the scales this morning and I'm down 3.5lbs!!! OMG, I cannot believe it... this is my largest loss in 1 day with M&E and I'm ecstatic!

Yesterday's menu:

B: Coffee with HWC, 3 x scrambled eggs with HWC.
L: 2 x chicken thigh fillets with onion powder fried in a little butter (40 mins cardio workout), iced coffee made with frozen hwc cubes, ice cubes, water, coffee, vanilla essence & stevia in a blender (YUM!).
D: Roasted chicken pieces with Mediterranean seasoning.
S: Decaf coffee with HWC.
Lots and lots and lots of water

Day 2 here I come

Have a great day everyone.....
Natasha, I am for you, that is awesome
It looks like we have come into April on a mission and off to a great start.

Thimblecricket I see you are off and running as well Keep up the good work.

It was so cold at work today found it hard to drink water so I am a little behind need about another 32 oz to make my 100 oz for the day.
I switched up my dinner today instead of chicken legs I finished off my tuna with mayo, eggs and dill pickle relish. Then I decided to fry up some thin pork chops in a little olive oil and butter then added some co as they were finishing up so I had one of those as well.
I'll have the other two for breakfast tomorrow w a couple of scrambled eggs fried in butter and co
We're taking a girl at work out to lunch tomorrow but I already have decided I am having buffalo chicken wings since they do not have any breading on them.
Dinner will be chicken legs with lo carb no sugar BBQ sauce.
I can't wait to weigh in in the morning, I won't be home again until Sunday so that will be the next time I weigh after tomorrow's weigh in, that should be interesting.
I'm taking my food with me so I should be able to stay on track, wish me luck.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #1218
Junior LCF Member

No loss today. My electric scale teased me with maybe a .4 loss, back and forth and then changed it's mind. So I turned to my measuring tape - .5" off my waist! I'll take it.

I had two mini fat bombs for breakfast (are these cheating?)
I'm leaning toward two fried eggs for lunch.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #1219
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
Start Date: 9/17/12
Feb 28: 171.4
Mar 27: 167.0
Apr 4: 165.2
Apr 5: 165.8

msviv & phase - I think with the snacks and condiments you have to find what works for you. I personally have used pork rinds and mayo (miracle whip) since I started the WOE in Sept 2012. Some people hate the miracle whip on this WOE, but I have lost over 52 pounds! I do find that if I eat pork rinds, nuts, or almonds...basically anything high in salt after about 6 pm, i usually have a bit of water retention the next day. So, I just keep my snacking in the am or early pm and try not to eat anything, including dinner after about 6:30. Then the scale and me usually get along really well the next day.

Menu today:
B: 4 eggs w/ 1 sl cheese and 2 T cream cheese
L: 8 oz tuna w/ 4 T miracle whip
D: sausage patty (maybe w/ cheese and mustard)

Goals met:
199.9 - ONEderland(10/23/12);
180s - (12/08/12)
170s - (1/7/13) (made it back 01/14) (no longer obese)
160s - (3/2/13) 50.2 pounds in 5 1/2 months!
148 - No longer Overweight
"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor, Runner/Author
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #1220
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vbg1rl68
Stats: 210/205/160
WOE: Protein/Atkins
Start Date: 04/2013
Made this last nite=
down 2 lbs today!

Chipotle beef n eggs!
vbg1rl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #1221
Major LCF Poster!

Recipe please!
Old 04-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #1222
Junior LCF Member

Lori wow 52 lbs, that's great and thanks for the tips, I went ahead and got real mayo may switch to miracle whip after that's gone.
3 full days, down another 1.6 lbs that's a total of 7.8 so far

Today's menu:
B- 2 thin pork chops, fried in a little olive oil, butter and topped with co and 2 boiled eggs
2 cups coffee w h&h and co
L- 4 buffalo wings, 1 cup coffee with heavy cream and co
D- will be the 3 wings I had left over from lunch and a couple of chicken legs that were baked in butter
May have a few spicy skins for a snack this evening with lots of water.

Everyone keep up the good work, won't be weighing in again until Monday but will post my meals till then. Have a great weekend!!!

4/3/13 189.6 -4
4/4/13 187.4 -2.2(correction)
4/5/13 185.8 -1.6
Old 04-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #1223
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phase
Stats: 191/80s/30s - 5'3"
WOE: Low Carb/Keto
Start Date: January 2012
It looks like everyone's doing really well! Great work ladies! That beef and eggs dish does look freakin awesome!
Quote:
Oh Phase HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!
Thanks msviv!

I made it through my anniversary without giving in to olive garden. lol Hubby wanted cracker barrel so I ordered off the low carb menu, so it wasn't meat and eggs but that's alright. It's meat and eggs today!
Phase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #1224
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Natasha, I am for you, that is awesome.
It looks like we have come into April on a mission and off to a great start.
Thanks Msviv
Quote:
3 full days, down another 1.6 lbs that's a total of 7.8 so far
You are doing so well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase View Post
I made it through my anniversary without giving in to olive garden. lol Hubby wanted cracker barrel so I ordered off the low carb menu, so it wasn't meat and eggs but that's alright. It's meat and eggs today!
Great work Phase... good resistance to temptation, well done... it's totally worth a few sacrifices here and there IMO

Hi Lori, haven't seen you for a while! That is such great work on your overall loss... glad to see the work has paid off for you, it's so nice to see when people have such great success with things they put their mind to... well done

Day 2 over for me and I'm down 0.7lbs...not fab, but I'll take it

So far....
Day 1: -3.5
Day 2: -0.7

Yesterday's menu (was a bit hungry):
B: 3 x scrambled eggs with HWC, 1 x coffee with HWC & CO
L: Black coffee, some ham and 1/2 avocado, small cube of cheese, 3 large green olives
S: Iced coffee in blender with stevia and HWC
D: Piece of steak with 1/4 avocado and sour cream/horseradish sauce
S: Decaf coffee with HWC & Stevia

Have a great day everyone and I look forward to seeing how everyone is going.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #1225
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tweety4life
Stats: 192.2/186.5/140
Start Date: January 31, 2013
Quote:
Yesterday
B- coffee with tbs hwc,tbs co,,,Steiva
L-1 egg coffee with hwc.co.stevia
D- 2 eggs 6 oz h.b.
Coffee with co hwc,stevia. I use liq.

Water water and more water
Thanks for posting this. Keep up the good work!

Started 3/10 188.9
3/11 187.4
3/12 186.5
3/13 185.8 ate large bag of skins and 1 oz of whiskey w/crystal light
3/14 188.1
3/15 186.3
3/16 186.7

Restart Meat and Eggs
3/31 - 193.3 (+6.6)
4/1 - 192.2 (-1.1)
4/2 - 190.3 (-1.9)
4/3 - 189.2 (-1.1)
4/4 - 186.7 (-2.5) 6.6 gone
4/5 - 186.3 (-.4) 7 gone
4/6 - 186.7 ( +4) Ate too many carbs and calories yesterday. Do not want to celebrate too soon. This is where I have stalled for the last two months. So I am doing MAE strict and clean for the next three days before my doctors appointment. We will see how it goes.

Goal - 184 or less by appointment on Tuesday. Let's see what happens!

B - Bulletproof coffee
L - hb and slice of cheese
S - bulletproof coffee
D - beef and eggs

Plenty of water

Every one is doing a great job. Thanks for all the pointers.
tweety4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #1226
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweety4life View Post
Goal - 184 or less by appointment on Tuesday. Let's see what happens!
Good work Tweety and good luck with your Tuesday goal (which is totally doable by the way )

Just starting on day 4 for me and yesterday I ate some veggies and some homemade hommus (was fairly l/c so not a total disaster) but can't really count it as M&E. On the scales this morning no movement but that's fine as long as no gain! I've been doing 40 mins of cardio every day since starting M&E this time around and I think this is helping move things along (or at least allowed me a digression yesterday without a gain). Keeps me focussed too

So far....
Day 1: -3.5
Day 2: -0.7 (have now removed all of my Easter weight)
Day 3: 0

Planned menu for today:
B: Coffee with HWC & CO, 2 x scrambled eggs + 2 pork sausages
L: Ground beef with some mexican spices, 1/2 avocado, and some sour cream
S: Frozen blended Iced coffee with hwc & stevia
D: Marinated chicken wings (probably)

Have a great day all and good luck with your progress...

Last edited by tashydoll; 04-06-2013 at 02:52 PM..
Old 04-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #1227
Junior LCF Member

Today I had an 0.2 gain. A little bummed out, but that's the way it usually goes for me, a small upspike before another loss, so I'm trying to hang in and this Monday I'm going to egg fast for maybe two or three days. I'm hoping to build up some momentum before the shark attack.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #1228
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vbg1rl68
Stats: 210/205/160
WOE: Protein/Atkins
Start Date: 04/2013
Chipotle beef n eggs-

1 pack ground beef (bout 1.5 lb)
1 T co
Mrs Dash southwest chipotle
Mrs Dash fiesta lime
Campbells skillet- creamy chipotle
cooked beef in the skillet per campbells package, let it simmer a few minutes to set up, then made dents with a spoon, cracked an egg in each dent, put he lid on and let them poach for about 5 min.

vbg1rl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:50 AM   #1229
Major LCF Poster!

Apr 8: 165.4

Looks amazing!! How many carbs in the chipotle sauce?
Old 04-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #1230
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriAS View Post
Apr 8: 165.4

Looks amazing!! How many carbs in the chipotle sauce?
I just looked it up Lori as I was curious too... apparently 5g per 1/4 cup.

Thanks for the recipe post vbg1rl68.... looks yum!