Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 11:07 AM   #1111
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudiM View Post
I'm joining M&E to get me out of the slump I've been in. I gained 12 lbs, lost a few, and somehow gained 3 back without going off plan. I'm think a fast might do the trick for me.
Welcome! You can do it
krissakris is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2013, 11:09 AM   #1112
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremelypunctual View Post
March 17: 164 today, but I know I am retaining water.

I'm gonna be strict again and eat little else other than eggs. I want to be in the lower 150s or upper 140s by May. That's a lofty goal and I don't know if such a thing is possible, but I won't know unless I try.
Does mostly eggs make the difference? I've been leaning heavily on the meat bc I only eat scrambled eggs and that gets old quick lol. I need to cut back on the cheese tho-maybe in April
Old 03-17-2013, 02:48 PM   #1113
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
Does mostly eggs make the difference? I've been leaning heavily on the meat bc I only eat scrambled eggs and that gets old quick lol. I need to cut back on the cheese tho-maybe in April
I've wondered this too Krissakris.... would love to know if anyone has just focussed on one area more than the other (i.e eggs or meat) and what success they've had. Anyone have any stories they'd like to share?
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:54 PM   #1114
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudiM View Post
I'm joining M&E to get me out of the slump I've been in. I gained 12 lbs, lost a few, and somehow gained 3 back without going off plan. I'm think a fast might do the trick for me.
If you like and then you've come to the right place! Hoping you have some good losses over the coming days
Old 03-17-2013, 07:14 PM   #1115
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 220/164/145
WOE: Low Carb (My Way)
Start Date: Oct 2008
I'm unsure if there is a difference regarding whether you lean one way or the other; I just lean towards eggs because I love them as they are, and with meat I'm more likely to over-season.
Extremelypunctual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #1116
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Feelin'Great!
Holy Cow! This thread started back in November -and y'all are STILL going!? Awesome! I popped in to see if there was a m&e fast group and there you were! Right at the top of page 1!!! I've been so siiiiccccckkkkk of myself and haven't been able to make myself stick to a healthy woe. So, I have decided to jump in to m&e tomorrow morning -it's the ONLY way for me. I've been down this road so many times. I really need to find a way to KEEEEEP it offfff!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH MEEE???? So, if this thread is rocking -I'm in!
Feelin'Great! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:37 PM   #1117
Junior LCF Member

Will not post my "menus" from this weekend, but happy to say looking forward to M&E tomorrow! I am going to just do beef and eggs like the ole steak and egg diet! The normal M&E is not much of success for me! Be back tomorrow!
ienjoylowcarbinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #1118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/141.8/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by ienjoylowcarbinit View Post
Will not post my "menus" from this weekend, but happy to say looking forward to M&E tomorrow! I am going to just do beef and eggs like the ole steak and egg diet! The normal M&E is not much of success for me! Be back tomorrow!
Beef & egg is my best bet too and my WOE tomorrow. Trying to put this weekend in the rearview.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #1119
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Beef & egg is my best bet too and my WOE tomorrow. Trying to put this weekend in the rearview.
Do you both find it more beneficial just to eat steak as your meat component rather than including other meats?? Really? I wonder why that is and if I should try it too Do you think it's because you are steering clear of processed meats and therefore excess salt? Sorry to harp on but am really interested in this as I haven't heard anyone mention this before and wonder if that's why I'm not having "fantastic" results when I do M&E (but still making small losses so I shouldn't really complain)..
Old 03-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #1120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/141.8/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Back in the HCG P3 days if you gained more than 2 lbs over your LDW you did a beef day with a salad or apple. A lot of us tried chicken days, egg days and Greek yogurt days. Beef day always worked the best for me. I generally did this with a salad usually dressed with lemon. So far my best M&E day has been has been egg, beef and salad.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:27 AM   #1121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Feelin'Great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Do you both find it more beneficial just to eat steak as your meat component rather than including other meats?? Really? I wonder why that is and if I should try it too Do you think it's because you are steering clear of processed meats and therefore excess salt? Sorry to harp on but am really interested in this as I haven't heard anyone mention this before and wonder if that's why I'm not having "fantastic" results when I do M&E (but still making small losses so I shouldn't really complain)..
Quote:
Back in the HCG P3 days if you gained more than 2 lbs over your LDW you did a beef day with a salad or apple. A lot of us tried chicken days, egg days and Greek yogurt days. Beef day always worked the best for me. I generally did this with a salad usually dressed with lemon. So far my best M&E day has been has been egg, beef and salad.
Good Morning! Hey, I wonder if beef works better than chicken because it has higher fat? I never noticed a pattern but I think there's "something" to this. I'll pay attention to it this time. I just started reading up on NK and the "moderate protein/high fat" thing is making sense to me. However, I have a lot to learn about it. I've never heard of it before.

Have a great day!

Anyway, getting started on M&E this morning -gonna go hard!!!
Feelin'Great! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #1122
Junior LCF Member

March 17: 164
March 18: 162

I lost the majority of the water-weight so I'm 162 today, and I ate primarily eggs with a little bacon yesterday.

Last edited by Extremelypunctual; 03-18-2013 at 11:45 AM..
Old 03-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #1123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Quote:
I've wondered this too Krissakris.... would love to know if anyone has just focussed on one area more than the other (i.e eggs or meat) and what success they've had. Anyone have any stories they'd like to share?
I haven't focused on one or the other, but when I'm doing clean, pure meat and eggs, I lose GREAT.

That means no processed meats, no veggie condiments (my beloved salsa), no cheese. Add all the fat I want.

Typical menu looks like

B - 3 eggs scrambled in butter and coconut oil
L - pork roast
D - pork roast or bulk pork (from butcher, not grocery)

condiments include - sour cream, heavy cream, coconut oil, butter, olive oil, vinegar

other options included steak, pork chops, pork shoulder, ground beef with sourcream, taco seasonings and 1 tsp taco sauce, devilled eggs with mayo & mustard, beef roast, hamburgers w/sour cream or mayo, or both, etc

Goals met:
199.9 - ONEderland(10/23/12);
180s - (12/08/12)
170s - (1/7/13) (made it back 01/14) (no longer obese)
160s - (3/2/13) 50.2 pounds in 5 1/2 months!
148 - No longer Overweight
"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor, Runner/Author
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #1124
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feelin'Great! View Post
Good Morning! Hey, I wonder if beef works better than chicken because it has higher fat? I never noticed a pattern but I think there's "something" to this. I'll pay attention to it this time. I just started reading up on NK and the "moderate protein/high fat" thing is making sense to me. However, I have a lot to learn about it. I've never heard of it before.

Have a great day!

LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:01 PM   #1125
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks for the info Terri... am going to monitor a bit more closely how my body responds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feelin'Great! View Post

Have a great day!

I think that might be the case too. I've been doing this round of M&E pretty clean this time (i.e. no processed meats and only eggs/steak/chicken/mince and I feel a lot better).

Quote:

I lost the majority of the water-weight so I'm 162 today, and I ate primarily eggs with a little bacon yesterday.
A great loss... well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriAS View Post
I haven't focused on one or the other, but when I'm doing clean, pure meat and eggs, I lose GREAT.

That means no processed meats, no veggie condiments (my beloved salsa), no cheese. Add all the fat I want.

Typical menu looks like

B - 3 eggs scrambled in butter and coconut oil
L - pork roast
D - pork roast or bulk pork (from butcher, not grocery)

condiments include - sour cream, heavy cream, coconut oil, butter, olive oil, vinegar

other options included steak, pork chops, pork shoulder, ground beef with sourcream, taco seasonings and 1 tsp taco sauce, devilled eggs with mayo & mustard, beef roast, hamburgers w/sour cream or mayo, or both, etc
Thanks for posting all of that info Lori... I'm a glutton for information and am always keen to hear how other people achieve their successes

I'm on my 3rd day of M&E and have dropped 2.2lbs (that I had regained..AGAIN!) Feeling so much better than I did on the first day and my hunger has all but disappeared - almost forcing myself to eat to keep my cals/fat up I also have lots of energy which helps with keeping the exercise on track too . Finding it much easier this time round. I think I will try 4 days on M&E and 1 day back on normal LC (veggie desperation!) and then do another 4 day M&E stint. Will keep you all posted.

Have a great day and good luck to you all...
Old 03-18-2013, 07:31 PM   #1126
Junior LCF Member

Weigh in 172.8 up 2.6
B - black coffee
L - 4 eggs, 1T butter, 9 oz skirt steak, 1T butter
D - 3 eggs, 1T butter, 12 oz ribeye, 1T butter

Honestly grossed out by all this beef!

P.s. will taking Metamucil screw this up?
Old 03-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #1127
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks for the info Terri... am going to monitor a bit more closely how my body responds

I think that might be the case too. I've been doing this round of M&E pretty clean this time (i.e. no processed meats and only eggs/steak/chicken/mince and I feel a lot better).

A great loss... well done!

Thanks for posting all of that info Lori... I'm a glutton for information and am always keen to hear how other people achieve their successes

I'm on my 3rd day of M&E and have dropped 2.2lbs (that I had regained..AGAIN!) Feeling so much better than I did on the first day and my hunger has all but disappeared - almost forcing myself to eat to keep my cals/fat up I also have lots of energy which helps with keeping the exercise on track too . Finding it much easier this time round. I think I will try 4 days on M&E and 1 day back on normal LC (veggie desperation!) and then do another 4 day M&E stint. Will keep you all posted.

Have a great day and good luck to you all...
Great job, hopefully mine will flush that quickly!!
Old 03-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #1128
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Weigh in 172.8 up 2.6
B - black coffee
L - 4 eggs, 1T butter, 9 oz skirt steak, 1T butter
D - 3 eggs, 1T butter, 12 oz ribeye, 1T butter

Honestly grossed out by all this beef!

P.s. will taking Metamucil screw this up?
The scales are so frustrating aren't they?! I know what you mean about eating heaps of steak... I normally love steak but find it makes me a bit sick to the stomach if I eat too much. Maybe trade over for some chicken thigh fillets or something a little different?

I think metamucil would be fine, although maybe CO might be a better way to go?? Just a thought also, make sure you are drink heaps (and I mean heaps) of water. This should help with your body being able to process the excess protein, helps with water retention caused by excess salt, and will also help you "go" (sorry if TMI!)
Old 03-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #1129
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I think metamucil would be fine, although maybe CO might be a better way to go?? Just a thought also, make sure you are drink heaps (and I mean heaps) of water. This should help with your body being able to process the excess protein, helps with water retention caused by excess salt, and will also help you "go" (sorry if TMI!)
Yup, this works for me, too! I found if I have enough liquids and fat, fiber is redundant.

March 19: 162

I wanted to be 159 by March 20th. Close but no cigar.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:05 PM   #1130
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yup, this works for me, too! I found if I have enough liquids and fat, fiber is redundant.

I wanted to be 159 by March 20th. Close but no cigar.
Boooo to the scales You might be ready for a whoosh though as you stayed the same for 2 days and you might be gearing up for a drop... fingers crossed for you
Old 03-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #1131
Senior LCF Member

I think I'm catching a cold but I'm still staying on track. Yesterday and today I've had a omelet for lunch and two string cheese for snacks. Last night I made some chicken breasts baked like tenders w pork rinds-not sure how m+e that is but it wast bread crumbs so I'm glad to have just indulged my craving and stayed in track. I had a little chicken so far but not hungry-will prob make chicken egg drop soup for dinner. I had some cold medicine hopefully that doesn't have too much sugar in it. Fingers crossed it goes away quickly.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:25 AM   #1132
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Last night I made some chicken breasts baked like tenders w pork rinds-not sure how m+e that is but it wast bread crumbs so I'm glad to have just indulged my craving and stayed in track.
Staying on track despite cravings is tough. And you know, I've found that it's these moments that make all the difference in the long run! Good job!

March 20: 162
Old 03-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #1133
Junior LCF Member

M&E (that is all)
3/18/13-172.8
3/19/13-171.4
3/20/13-170.2
Taking a break on 4th day. Some advice in the comments from a site called "Bold and Determined" discussing The Old School ‘Steak and Eggs’ Diet for Fat Loss, Balanced Energy, and Increased Testosterone

~ just a test!
Will let you know!
Old 03-20-2013, 03:58 PM   #1134
Senior LCF Member

Finally feeling well enough to get back to working out. Other than cough syrup I didn't cheat and I'm very proud I've actually not been that hungry which also helps. I signed up for a fitness challenge for April so I'm also going to be kicking cheese to the curb for optimal results. I'm so excited I've been able to stick to this for this long.

I agree w the beef=better results. It helps keep me full longer and I felt the thinnest the week I was doing all beef, eggs and a little sour cream. I wil have to kick that back into gear. I pray I don't get sick of it lol.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #1135
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Other than cough syrup I didn't cheat and I'm very proud .
You should be! Me and a few others have observed that sugar in liquid form is a lot easier to get out of your system (You get into ketosis faster) than if it was in solid form, though I'm not sure as to why?

But I'm impressed! I craved earlier, and I caved in and ate something I shouldn't. I won't say what to avoid causing a craving in someone else, but the guilt wasn't really worth the flavor.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #1136
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You should be! Me and a few others have observed that sugar in liquid form is a lot easier to get out of your system (You get into ketosis faster) than if it was in solid form, though I'm not sure as to why?

But I'm impressed! I craved earlier, and I caved in and ate something I shouldn't. I won't say what to avoid causing a craving in someone else, but the guilt wasn't really worth the flavor.
I know cravings always taste better in your head! My mom brought some lays bc she's sabotage central and I just covered them with something "out of site out of mind"...I ate too much cheese but still low carb friendly
Old 03-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #1137
Junior LCF Member

March 20: 162
March 21: 164

Water retention from yesterday's little dietary indiscretion.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #1138
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
M&E (that is all)
3/18/13-172.8
3/19/13-171.4
3/20/13-170.2
Taking a break on 4th day. Some advice in the comments from a site called "Bold and Determined" discussing The Old School ‘Steak and Eggs’ Diet for Fat Loss, Balanced Energy, and Increased Testosterone

~ just a test!
Will let you know!
Me too ienjoylowcarbinit - read the same thing about the steak & egg diet, but on a different site. I didn't have a massive blow out like the site suggested but did eat a couple of things I normally wouldn't and am now back to about 25grams/carbs a day for the next 3 days.

I find 4 days on M&E is all I'm going to really get any loss with, so I'm going to do 4 days on and 4 days off (with normal l/c) to see if I can make some bigger changes - plus I don't want my body to get used to such low levels of carbs that it freaks out when I reach my goal weight and want to eat a measly 35grams of carbs a day. I'm feeling really good and have lost another 0.3 going back to normal l/c for my second day which is a loss of 2.5lbs for me in 5 days. Will keep this way until Sunday and back to good old M&E on Monday for me

Good luck all.... have a great Friday and weekend
Old 03-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #1139
Major LCF Poster!

Been majorly busy. Got the job!!! YAY!!

Feb27: 172.8
Feb 28: 171.4
Mar 1: 171.8