Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #901
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Sounds like everyone has got their commitment on! Great, it helps with my motivation too.

I'm back on M&E today after doing Atkins 20NC for past 2 days. Feeling good and think I needed the break after 5 days M&E - was desperate for veges. Have managed to keep off the weight from first round of M&E so hoping I can do it again over the next 5 days.

Like you Lori I'm making more of an effort with my exercise too. I'm normally pretty consistent but I think I'll up my amount a bit as I find it really assists with the weight loss speeding up.

My plan for today:

2-3 x scrambled eggs
2 x fried eggs with some ground pork mince
Some chicken with some spices or herbs for flavour

And of course plenty of water! Have a great day all and I look forward to seeing your results tomorrow
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #902
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyisNow View Post
Hi all!!

I am a long time low carber and I've fallen off the wagon many many many times. I've got about 50lbs to lose, and that's my first goal at least.

I was doing well until I started cheating this weekend. So I've gained 4lbs from that!

Any way! I'm back to eating meat and eggs with small amounts of veggies to munch on as snacks if I'm really craving it. I was on track all day yesterday and down 1lb. I've also joined the gym last week and have been doing Couch to 5K, along with trying out different fitness classes offered there on my days off.

Nice to meet you all!! Let's make this a great day!
HappyisNow. Good luck with M&E this week and all of your great efforts with your exercise - you will be sure to reach your goal. Would be interested to see how you go with your version of M&E that includes having some veggies (as I miss them a great deal on M&E). Would love to be able to just add a handful of baby spinach to my eggs from time to time and still get the same results

Have a great day....
Old 02-25-2013, 07:53 PM   #903
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the welcome tashydoll and for your progress and advice! I am finishing day 7 today and I will weigh tomorrow morning. I will go back to the normal Adkins induction for a while and see how it goes!
ienjoylowcarbinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:32 PM   #904
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ienjoylowcarbinit View Post
Thanks for the welcome tashydoll and for your progress and advice! I am finishing day 7 today and I will weigh tomorrow morning. I will go back to the normal Adkins induction for a while and see how it goes!
ienjoylowcarbinit I look forward to the update

Now beginning the second day of return to M&E and feeling good. Not a massive weight drop but at least the scales are moving. I've exercised for the past 3 days in a row, 40 mins of cardio each day plus just trying to move lots in general.

Progress so far:
Day 1: -0.2

Food planned for today:
B: 2 x scrambled eggs with some ground pork & coffee w/hwc
L: Some bbq chicken and maybe a couple of boiled eggs if hungry
D: 3 x fried eggs plus ground pork
Lots of water

How's everyone else doing??
Old 02-26-2013, 09:39 PM   #905
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/141.8/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Hi All I've been lurking for a while and tried this with encouraging success. Lately I've tried JUDDD and wondered about that WOE with a LC twist. Has anyone tried alternating M&E with LC, NK, FF, etc?
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #906
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Still haven't managed to get back to it. Every day I have good intentions then I make something LC fo DH and there goes my M&E fast. Last night it was the spaghetti squash!

Today is looking good so far:

B: 2 sl bacon, coffee w/HWC & CO
L: pork chop, pork rinds, (salsa/sourcream/dill pickle)
D: grilled salmon w/butter & garlic
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #907
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm doing M&E today. Haven't decided if I'm going to do it for a couple days, a while or alternate yet. Any recommendations?
Old 02-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #908
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Ok I'm doing meat and eggs for 3 weeks no cheats. Want to join me any one??3 weeks we will look better!!
portcop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #909
Major LCF Poster!

I'm in portcop01. I need the motivation of a partner to keep me on task. My goal is 95% meat and eggs/ 5% condiments, 1 day a weekend w/veggies - 3 weeks. Let's do this!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #910
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I would love to join in if you don't mind. This is just the motivation I need. I tried this a couple weeks ago with HCG (which didnít go all that well), this time itís straight M&E. I think Iíll consider your veggie break Lori, if I need it. So I know that avocado, HWC, butter, mayo, mustard, ranch, etc. are generally considered acceptable. What about processed meat like bacon, salami, ham & sausage? Anything else that would be a good accompaniment to stock the shelves with? Is sugar free jello or diet soda acceptable in a pinch?
Old 02-27-2013, 01:39 PM   #911
Senior LCF Member

TerriMM! I've tried to avoid the processed meats myself due to the salt content often being quite high (retain a bit of fluid I find)... also I'm not sure about avocado being acceptable on this but the others here are really knowledgeable and have done this many times. I had the sugar free jello once or twice when I was "desperate" for something sweet and it didn't seem to affect me at all and I think diet drinks are ok too. But the others here are much more up to date on the do's and don'ts!

Becky, I'll join you next week as I'm struggling to get into it atm and think I just need a week of normal l/c to get my motivation back... looking forward to seeing everyone's results though and it will surely motivate me to get back into it!!

Have a great day all
Old 02-27-2013, 03:42 PM   #912
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Trashydoll. I'm really trying to get my head into this especially if I'm going to commit for a couple weeks. I know one of my biggest challenges will be eating on the economy with hidden ingredients as we love to travel on the weekend, so Iím trying to figure out easy to carry along and yummy options.

I know what you mean about needing a break. After my HCG/ME failed attempt I went to JUDDD for a week and took a break from the whole LC lifestyle. May have worked in the long run, but I had an initial gain of about 4lbs, I became food obsessed in very short order and the food I was moving to was not in the healthful direction I needed. Hope you enjoy your break! Iíll look forward to your return.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:25 AM   #913
Major LCF Poster!

Morning all! Yesterday I was 155.4 today 154.4 I don't no why I gained last week.i did eat more veggies than usaly.but I'm on track now.
I don't drink diet soda I'm going to try a half avocado to see what happens.i do mayo.bacon but no process food..clean food.i use coconut oil and hwc.good luck all..
Old 02-28-2013, 06:02 AM   #914
Major LCF Poster!

Restart on M&E yesterday @ 172.8

Yesterday's Menu:
B: 2 bacon strips, coffee w/HWC, CO and splenda
L: pork chop, pork rinds w/salsa&sour cream
D: 8 wings mild w/ranch
S: 3 oz spiced rum w/diet dr pepper

Feb 27: 172.8
Feb 28: 171.4 (-1.4) YAY!!

Becky - great job!
Terri - I think any added fat (avacado) on the M&E fast is acceptable. But ultimately I think each person should define what the fast is going to be for them and stick with it for that time.

That is why I added in the beginning the condiments and 1 veggie day/weekend. I want to have my goals well-defined so that I can stick to them better.

Yesterday went really well and I'm totally excited about the loss. I hope to keep going in the right direction and break this month long stall. I stared Feb 1 at 172.0!

The lowest I have seen this month is 170.0. I would like to see the 160s in the next couple of weeks and maybe even low 160s by Easter.

I am planning a veggie day on Saturday, but leaving myself the option to skip the veggies depending on my weight.

See you tomorrow!

Goals met:
199.9 - ONEderland(10/23/12);
180s - (12/08/12)
170s - (1/7/13) (made it back 01/14) (no longer obese)
160s - (3/2/13) 50.2 pounds in 5 1/2 months!
148 - No longer Overweight
"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor, Runner/Author
Old 02-28-2013, 06:22 AM   #915
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dianda
Stats: 145/121/115; 5'3''
Start Date: November 2012
I commit to a week of meat & eggs! I'll allow myself fatty condiments (olive oil & mayo) and 2 oz of cheese per day. Meat & eggs allowed me to get to my lowest weight ever, now I hope it'll help me get rid of some darned bloating!
dianda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:16 AM   #916
Major LCF Poster!

Great lost Lori!!
Old 02-28-2013, 09:05 AM   #917
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Excellent loses Lori & Becky!

I was down .90 today after day one. It probably would be more but Iím fighting off kind of a sore throat chesty thing and you know how that works.

Thanks for the input on food (and drink )!
Todayís plan:
Scrambled eggs in butter (2 whole + 1 yoke) with about 2oz leftover steak, 1 oz HWC in coffee
Chicken Thigh & 2 oz Black Forest Ham
Hamburger & Avocado

Welcome Dianda
Old 02-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #918
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Morning All!

I'm back from vacation and trying to get back into the M&E zone. I did good all day yesterday until my DD came home with chocolate. Yikes.

So far so good today though.

TOM is here so I'm not going to weigh until he leaves again. Fingers crossed that I get through the rest of today!
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #919
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome back FFNM. I think you're very smart not to weigh. Boy was I having chocolate issues last week for the same TOM celebration.

One thing I've noticed and I wonder if any of you have experienced. I'm getting heartburn and this is not typical for me. I noticed this last time I tried ME too.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #920
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Corvettebuff
Stats: 175/1160/150
Start Date: Jan 2013
OK i started the M/E today. so far so good.
steak with 1 T sour cream (lunch)
Bacon and eggs for (supper)
One hard boiled egg
This is the plan so far.
Corvettebuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #921
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 220/164/145
WOE: Low Carb (My Way)
Start Date: Oct 2008
I'm back! TOM played hide and seek and I never found him. I blame the sudden weight loss earlier in the month.

So with all that hormonal garbage I had to deal with, I'm still 165. Getting back on the M & E wagon starting today!
Extremelypunctual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:12 PM   #922
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
What would a M/E fast look like if you can't have eggs?
melisa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:39 PM   #923
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa82 View Post
Meat. lol
Old 02-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #924
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
Meat. lol
FFNM you took the words right out of my mouth!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #925
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa82 View Post
I'm pretty sure I've read that some people do just meat on the fast... should get the same results as it's all just protein and fat really. JMO
Old 02-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #926
Senior LCF Member

I'm now excited to start again next week... looks like there's heaps of you out there and seeing all your losses will motivate me... good luck everyone
Old 02-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #927
Senior LCF Member

I need to ask a question. I'm trying to do M/E starting today. I am confused about how much to eat. It doesn't look like anyone is getting very many calories in a days time. So how does someone new know how many calories to eat? Does your body quit losing and go into the starvation mode we always hear about? I can eat lots or I can eat small I'm just not sure where to go with it. I just know I want to lose fast I know I didn't put it on fast but I still want to lose it as quick as I can. Any ideas I am open to any..Thanks
Old 02-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #928
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvettebuff View Post
I need to ask a question. I'm trying to do M/E starting today. I am confused about how much to eat. It doesn't look like anyone is getting very many calories in a days time. So how does someone new know how many calories to eat? Does your body quit losing and go into the starvation mode we always hear about? I can eat lots or I can eat small I'm just not sure where to go with it. I just know I want to lose fast I know I didn't put it on fast but I still want to lose it as quick as I can. Any ideas I am open to any..Thanks
Hi Corvettebuff. When I started here the very helpful people advised that use your hunger as a guide... ie. you should never feel hungry. There are no hard and fast rules but you tend not to overeat or undereat on this fast if you listen to your body. I was usually consuming around 1400 to 1600 calories a day depending on my level of hunger. I was worried about "starvation mode" too but with that number of cals it should be ok I think. Also too I found I didn't need to eat loads of small meals throughout the day (which I normally do), my hunger was kept at bay with 3 meals and maybe a snack if I needed. Use your body as a guide, we're all different though. Hope that helps

Last edited by tashydoll; 02-28-2013 at 01:53 PM..
Old 02-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #929
Senior LCF Member

Thanks! I just thought I needed to keep my calories up to what is suppose to be normal whatever that is. But I just noticed alot of people don't consume hardly any calories. I guess i will try for somewhere in the middle. I'm having trouble today eating alot of calories because i am full. I had a 10oz steak for lunch no breakfast to get 1100 calories in I still have to eat something like 5 bacon and 3 eggs and I'm thinking I don't think I can do that. I feel like a stuffed potato maybe I shouldn't of eaten so much.
I like feeling full and not wearing a path to the fridge looking for something was just afraid i wouldn't lose if I didn't the calorie level up. I'm not very good at explaining myself. I get lots of ideas on here and I appreciate any help I can get.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #930
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvettebuff View Post
Thanks! I just thought I needed to keep my calories up to what is suppose to be normal whatever that is. But I just noticed alot of people don't consume hardly any calories. I guess i will try for somewhere in the middle. I'm having trouble today eating alot of calories because i am full. I had a 10oz steak for lunch no breakfast to get 1100 calories in I still have to eat something like 5 bacon and 3 eggs and I'm thinking I don't think I can do that. I feel like a stuffed potato maybe I shouldn't of eaten so much.
I like feeling full and not wearing a path to the fridge looking for something was just afraid i wouldn't lose if I didn't the calorie level up. I'm not very good at explaining myself. I get lots of ideas on here and I appreciate any help I can get.
Looks can be deceptive though. I know for myself it doesn't *look* like I'm consuming that many calories, but that's because I don't list the butter and the coconut oil that i use to cook with. And I do that purposely to get my calories up so that my body doesn't go into starvation mode since I'm not very hungry when I'm on the M&E diet. I'd say I probably stick to 1200 to 1500 calories on an average day when you factor in my butter and coconut oil.

Good luck!