Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #871
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Thanks for the welcome Becky! Am going to start logging my losses I think (to keep me motivated!) We use the metric system here but will convert my kg to pounds like everyone else

Day 1: -1.1

Thank goodness there was some movement on the scales. Drank heaps of water yesterday too. Was only moderately hungry but I think it was more in my head for desiring dairy products and green vegetables (that's just a bit sad really, having cravings for vegetables!!!). Have woken up super hungry today but hopefully once I have breakfast it will sort out.

FatFat how long do you stay on the fast for or is this your WOE?? You have amazing willpower BTW, I don't think I could last as long as you have so far!!! Also, do you limit the number of eggs you eat in a day or do you just go according to your level of hunger? Yesterday I ended up eating 2 eggs in each meal x 3 times (B,L,D) and also had some beef mince (ground beef in USA I think??) at lunch and a steak with dinner. Too much meat??

Have a good day all...
Congrats on getting through your first day and great loss too!

Well, originally I had planned to do the M&E Fast for just 2 weeks leading up to my vacation because I wanted to drop some weight really quickly. (My vacation is this weekend) I feel soooo great on M&E though and it really helped to get my cravings under control, so when I get back from vacation next week I will jump right back to M&E and probably continue until I get closer to goal. (which is still about 40 more pounds...maybe more)

I do not limit my eggs or meat at all, I just go by hunger. The first few days I was really hungry so I ate a lot of eggs AND a lot of steak. I still had great losses. But then once I was on the diet for about 3 or 4 days, my hunger pretty much disappeared so I'm eating a lot less meat now than I was when I started. I just go by hunger. I still make sure I cook my eggs with butter and coconut oil though so that my calories don't go too low. I don't want to mess with my metabolism. Hope this helps and good luck! Stay strong for the first 4 days and then you'll be AMAZED at how easy it is to stick with it.
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #872
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Fat fat you are so right have fun on vacation!were you going? I'm going to Orlando in 4.5 weeks .
portcop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #873
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
Congrats on getting through your first day and great loss too!

Well, originally I had planned to do the M&E Fast for just 2 weeks leading up to my vacation because I wanted to drop some weight really quickly. (My vacation is this weekend) I feel soooo great on M&E though and it really helped to get my cravings under control, so when I get back from vacation next week I will jump right back to M&E and probably continue until I get closer to goal. (which is still about 40 more pounds...maybe more)

I do not limit my eggs or meat at all, I just go by hunger. The first few days I was really hungry so I ate a lot of eggs AND a lot of steak. I still had great losses. But then once I was on the diet for about 3 or 4 days, my hunger pretty much disappeared so I'm eating a lot less meat now than I was when I started. I just go by hunger. I still make sure I cook my eggs with butter and coconut oil though so that my calories don't go too low. I don't want to mess with my metabolism. Hope this helps and good luck! Stay strong for the first 4 days and then you'll be AMAZED at how easy it is to stick with it.
Thank you so much for your advice and encouragement.

I've just been using a bit of butter or olive oil when cooking if I need it. We don't seem to have coconut oil here but have read lots of LCers use it and was wondering the benefits over olive oil - might have to do a bit more research I think I'm quite conscious of messing with my metabolism too much also and don't want my body to go into "starvation mode". I've been using an online tracker to put all of my info into and yesterday was around the 1700 cal mark so hopefully that will be about right - well whatever I did yesterday seemed to have worked and caused a loss, and any loss is welcome at the moment.

Just had 3 scrambled eggs for breakfast and hopefully will be a bit less hungry throughout the day. I am looking forward to the reduced hunger in days to come let me tell you!!

Have a great day. You are doing great and very inspirational

Last edited by tashydoll; 02-19-2013 at 03:11 PM.. Reason: Incorrect spelling
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:14 PM   #874
Senior LCF Member

Becky are you doing the M&E too?? If so, how are you getting along?
Old 02-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #875
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Fat fat you are so right have fun on vacation!were you going? I'm going to Orlando in 4.5 weeks .
I'm going to Memphis!
Old 02-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #876
Major LCF Poster!

Yes I'm !!doing good I lost 8.2 lbs n 9 days it was vacation weight I gained. I do coffee with hwc,co,stevia in morning,then round 11-12 I have eggs,coffee then around 4-5 I eat meat tonight fish rolled in pork rinds and fried yum.....I di a total of 3 coffee a day..I love meat and eggs...
Old 02-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #877
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yes I'm !!doing good I lost 8.2 lbs n 9 days it was vacation weight I gained. I do coffee with hwc,co,stevia in morning,then round 11-12 I have eggs,coffee then around 4-5 I eat meat tonight fish rolled in pork rinds and fried yum.....I di a total of 3 coffee a day..I love meat and eggs...
Wow that's a great loss.... well done you!

I also have a coffee in the morning - don't think I could get through the whole day without one - but have limited mine to just one per day whilst I'm doing M&E rather than my usual 2 or 3.... struggling! Yum, anything rolled in pork rinds sounds delicious as far as I'm concerned!! Yeah I'm kinda loving M&E too (total carnivore) but still feeling a bit hungry....I'm sure it will taper off eventually but hunger = cranky for me and my poor family may or may not suffer for it!!

Last edited by tashydoll; 02-19-2013 at 05:34 PM..
Old 02-19-2013, 05:56 PM   #878
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Corvettebuff
Stats: 175/1160/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 2013
I don't drink coffee so how do I get the co down? I just got a jar of it not to crazy about the taste I think the brand was Spectrum. Can you put it into hot tea maybe?
Susan
Corvettebuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:47 PM   #879
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvettebuff View Post
I don't drink coffee so how do I get the co down? I just got a jar of it not to crazy about the taste I think the brand was Spectrum. Can you put it into hot tea maybe?
Susan
Please forgive my newbieness but what is co??
Old 02-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #880
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Please forgive my newbieness but what is co??
Don't worry, just worked it out-coconut oil right?!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:40 PM   #881
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dianda
Stats: 145/121/115; 5'3''
Start Date: November 2012
2 and a half days on this fast and I've broken through my stall and am now only 2 lbs from my goal weight! I've been losing and gaining the same 2 lbs for THREE MONTHS, and now I made it! Yay!
dianda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:54 AM   #882
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianda View Post
2 and a half days on this fast and I've broken through my stall and am now only 2 lbs from my goal weight! I've been losing and gaining the same 2 lbs for THREE MONTHS, and now I made it! Yay!
Hi Dianda. I bet you are thrilled...well done Stalls are so frustrating, that's why I'm doing it too. I'm hoping 4 or 5 days will be enough to get things well and truly moving. 2 days done for me and only a couple more to go
Old 02-20-2013, 04:38 AM   #883
Major LCF Poster!

Diana thats great,,meat and eggs does work if you give it a chance!! I hit a new low this morning,,had to get on scales 3 times 153... The more eggs I eat I lose!!hers my menus-
B- coffee with tbs co.tbs hwc,stevia
L-1 egg with half avocado on top
D-fish breaded in pork rind and ate a few..
S- coffee with hwc co stevia

Yes co is coconut oil...and yes you can put it in your tea if you are not use to using it go slow tsp.....cook with it too..makes food taste good...

Got go to work just started new job.i need to walk and this job will give me that...a nursing home...part time..

All of you hang in there spring and summer is just around the counter .so lets get this weight off before then
Old 02-20-2013, 06:00 AM   #884
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
Start Date: 9/17/12
Quote:

I also have a coffee in the morning - don't think I could get through the whole day without one - but have limited mine to just one per day whilst I'm doing M&E rather than my usual 2 or 3.... struggling! Yum, anything rolled in pork rinds sounds delicious as far as I'm concerned!! Yeah I'm kinda loving M&E too (total carnivore) but still feeling a bit hungry....I'm sure it will taper off eventually but hunger = cranky for me and my poor family may or may not suffer for it!!
You should never be hungry on M&E. Eat more meat or eggs or add fat. Sometimes if you are not eating enough meat/eggs/fat, it is counterproductive to the meat and egg fast.

Good luck!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:06 AM   #885
Major LCF Poster!

Jan 1: 182
Feb 1: 172
Feb 2: 171.2
Feb 7: 173.8
Feb 8: 173.6
Feb 9: 171.8
Feb 10: 171.6
Feb 11: 170.6
Feb 12: 170.6
Feb 13: 171.6
Feb 14: 170.8
Feb 15: 170.4
Feb 20: 171.4

I have not been doing the M&E fast for the majority of this month. My plan is to start back on Friday. I have some broccoli-cauliflower salad and cheesy smashed cauliflower leftovers from the weekend I am working on cleaning up. When these leftovers are finished I'm back on meat and egg to try and beat this February stall. I have been gaining and losing the same 2-3 pounds all month.

The up side is I did lose another pants size some where in there. I went shopping for some new clothes for a job interview last night and just for kicks decided to try on the slacks that were one size small than what I was currently wearing. AND THEY FIT!!! YAY!! I was planning on measuring this morning just to see where I was at now, but in the rush of getting kids to school and daycare lost sight of that goal .

As a side note: I am participating in a weight loss challenge at work that ends March 29. I am thinking about doing the M&E fast until then with a "vegetable" day about every 7 days. What do you think? Also, I kinda feel like I'm cheating. Does that make sense?

Goal: Restart M&E fast on Friday!

Goals met:
199.9 - ONEderland(10/23/12);
180s - (12/08/12)
170s - (1/7/13) (made it back 01/14) (no longer obese)
160s - (3/2/13) 50.2 pounds in 5 1/2 months!
148 - No longer Overweight
"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor, Runner/Author
Old 02-20-2013, 07:37 AM   #886
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

I agree with Lori...you should never be hungry. Don't try to limit yourself in the beginning. Eat when you're hungry, if not you risk giving in to junk food cravings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvettebuff View Post
Susan
I don't drink it with my coffee either, I cook with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianda View Post
Awesome! I'm so happy you were able break through a stall with M&E!!!

Quote:
Diana thats great,,meat and eggs does work if you give it a chance!! I hit a new low this morning,,had to get on scales 3 times 153... The more eggs I eat I lose!!hers my menus-
B- coffee with tbs co.tbs hwc,stevia
L-1 egg with half avocado on top
D-fish breaded in pork rind and ate a few..
S- coffee with hwc co stevia

Yes co is coconut oil...and yes you can put it in your tea if you are not use to using it go slow tsp.....cook with it too..makes food taste good...

Got go to work just started new job.i need to walk and this job will give me that...a nursing home...part time..

All of you hang in there spring and summer is just around the counter .so lets get this weight off before then
Congrats on hitting your new low! I can't WAIT to get where you are now! Amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriAS View Post
Jan 1: 182
Feb 1: 172
Feb 2: 171.2
Feb 7: 173.8
Feb 8: 173.6
Feb 9: 171.8
Feb 10: 171.6
Feb 11: 170.6
Feb 12: 170.6
Feb 13: 171.6
Feb 14: 170.8
Feb 15: 170.4
Feb 20: 171.4

I have not been doing the M&E fast for the majority of this month. My plan is to start back on Friday. I have some broccoli-cauliflower salad and cheesy smashed cauliflower leftovers from the weekend I am working on cleaning up. When these leftovers are finished I'm back on meat and egg to try and beat this February stall. I have been gaining and losing the same 2-3 pounds all month.

The up side is I did lose another pants size some where in there. I went shopping for some new clothes for a job interview last night and just for kicks decided to try on the slacks that were one size small than what I was currently wearing. AND THEY FIT!!! YAY!! I was planning on measuring this morning just to see where I was at now, but in the rush of getting kids to school and daycare lost sight of that goal .

As a side note: I am participating in a weight loss challenge at work that ends March 29. I am thinking about doing the M&E fast until then with a "vegetable" day about every 7 days. What do you think? Also, I kinda feel like I'm cheating. Does that make sense?

Goal: Restart M&E fast on Friday!
Lori, I think it's a great idea for you to do M&E with a vegetable day thrown in every week or so. I'll be right here with you because I plan to do M&E for at LEAST a few more months. I'm determined to get close to goal before summer hits.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:39 AM   #887
Blabbermouth!!!

Day 1: -1.8
Day 2: -1.8
Day 3: -0.4
Day 4: -1.4
Day 5: -0.8
Day 6: -1.0
Day 7: -0.6
Day 8: -0.2
Day 9:+1.0
Day10:+0.6
Day11: -1.2
Day12: -0.4
Day13: -1.0

Down a full pound today! Yay! I woke up feeling super bloated so I thought for sure I'd be up, so I was ecstatic to see that loss.

Menu today:
B: coffee (not that hungry today)
L: steak fried in butter and coconut oil
D: 4 scrambled eggs
Old 02-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #888
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dianda
Stats: 145/121/115; 5'3''
Start Date: November 2012
Congrats to all of you This works like magic!
dianda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #889
Senior LCF Member

You are all so helpful, thank you. Will make sure I don't go hungry anymore... it's just weird to be eating so many eggs!

Well here's my progress so far:

Day 2: -1.3

I cannot believe it!!! No movement on the scales for over 2 months and then 2 days on M&E and movement both days...cannot tell you how happy I am that I found this info here!!

Just curious Lori on your "vegetable" day will you include M&E on this day or just straight vegetables?? Would love to know your results doing that (am craving veges like crazy!)

Becky, congrats on your new job and well done with your loss too

FatFatnomore, you are just doing soooo well and I cannot believe you have the willpower to do this for a few more months... you are AMAZING!!!

Good luck all and hope you have a great day.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:07 AM   #890
Major LCF Poster!

Morning all it's early and I got to go to work this morning! I lost another .6 lb yehaw,I thought I would slow down but ill take anything.my goal is to weigh 149 by the time we go on vacation in 4 weeks I think I'll make it...it would be nice to be 145.. That's 7.5 lbs maybe...
All of you are doing great just think spring is right around the corner we are all going to look good...I'm here to help you if you need it!
Old 02-21-2013, 06:57 AM   #891
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
You are all so helpful, thank you. Will make sure I don't go hungry anymore... it's just weird to be eating so many eggs!

Well here's my progress so far:

I cannot believe it!!! No movement on the scales for over 2 months and then 2 days on M&E and movement both days...cannot tell you how happy I am that I found this info here!!

Just curious Lori on your "vegetable" day will you include M&E on this day or just straight vegetables?? Would love to know your results doing that (am craving veges like crazy!)

Becky, congrats on your new job and well done with your loss too

FatFatnomore, you are just doing soooo well and I cannot believe you have the willpower to do this for a few more months... you are AMAZING!!!

Good luck all and hope you have a great day.
Yay! Congrats on another great loss!!!

Quote:
Morning all it's early and I got to go to work this morning! I lost another .6 lb yehaw,I thought I would slow down but ill take anything.my goal is to weigh 149 by the time we go on vacation in 4 weeks I think I'll make it...it would be nice to be 145.. That's 7.5 lbs maybe...
All of you are doing great just think spring is right around the corner we are all going to look good...I'm here to help you if you need it!
Another great drop for you too! I think you will DEFINITELY lose 7.5 pounds, if not more, in the next 4 weeks!
Old 02-21-2013, 07:02 AM   #892
Blabbermouth!!!

Day 1: -1.8
Day 2: -1.8
Day 3: -0.4
Day 4: -1.4
Day 5: -0.8
Day 6: -1.0
Day 7: -0.6
Day 8: -0.2
Day 9:+1.0
Day10:+0.6
Day11: -1.2
Day12: -0.4
Day13: -1.0
Day14: -0.4

Well, I made it. I started on M&E 2 weeks ago after trying since right after Christmas to get back on LC and stick to it for more than a few days. I failed every other time I tried this year, but I had a goal to stick to M&E for 2 weeks until my vacation.... and I actually did it!!! Yay! I'm so happy and now I'm going on vacation with my clothes feeling sooo much better and me not feeling like a bloated whale, even with TOM right around the corner.

I'll be off M&E for the next few days, but I'll be back early next week and it's right back to the program for me.

Have a great weekend everyone and good luck with your losses!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #893
Major LCF Poster!

Have a great vacation fat fat!!you will do good just get right back on track when you get back!
Old 02-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #894
Senior LCF Member

Well done Becky that's awesome!

FatFatnomore enjoy your vacation... look forward to seeing more of your losses when you return!

Here's my progress so far:
Day 3: -0.6

Hoped for more but a loss is a loss and just so happy to see the scales heading in the right direction. Feeling determined now and going to keep going to see if I can make it to the 7 day mark and try to drop 3 more pounds, but for now, Day 4 here we go....

Have a great weekend all
Old 02-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #895
Major LCF Poster!

Tash your doing great it gets easer the longer you do it,I love it
Old 02-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #896
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Tash your doing great it gets easer the longer you do it,I love it
Thanks Becky for your encouragement. I am certainly finding it easier each day so really think I should be able to push through for the 7 days I'd planned on

I love this thread... you are all so supportive
Old 02-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #897
Junior LCF Member

new/help

Hi all. I discovered this forum and the meat egg fast last week. I had been on atkins induction for two-three weeks. Lost 5 lbs. Got off for one night on a sunday night. And went up a pound and half.
So beginning atkins I was 177 got down to 172 (where I stall a lot!). Went to 173.5 after off plan. Started m/e last monday. Lost 2lbs 171.5 on day 3, day 4 weighed back up 2lbs 173.5), day 6 weighed back down to 171.5. Eating 6-8 eggs throughout the day a day and chicken or beef for dinner and lunch and some no carb beef jerkey at night.. Drink a cup of coffeee and a half tbsp cream and an 8oz coke zero. About 60oz of water as welll. So out of 6 solid days on this. I have only lost 2lbs. Should I continue? Go back to induction? I still have about 25lbs to lose. I am 5'8" btw.
ienjoylowcarbinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #898
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ienjoylowcarbinit View Post
Hi all. I discovered this forum and the meat egg fast last week. I had been on atkins induction for two-three weeks. Lost 5 lbs. Got off for one night on a sunday night. And went up a pound and half.
So beginning atkins I was 177 got down to 172 (where I stall a lot!). Went to 173.5 after off plan. Started m/e last monday. Lost 2lbs 171.5 on day 3, day 4 weighed back up 2lbs 173.5), day 6 weighed back down to 171.5. Eating 6-8 eggs throughout the day a day and chicken or beef for dinner and lunch and some no carb beef jerkey at night.. Drink a cup of coffeee and a half tbsp cream and an 8oz coke zero. About 60oz of water as welll. So out of 6 solid days on this. I have only lost 2lbs. Should I continue? Go back to induction? I still have about 25lbs to lose. I am 5'8" btw.
Hi ienjoylowcarbinit

I'm new to M&E too, welcome I can only give you my experience and ideas and you can see what you think. I went on M&E for 5 days and this was my progress:

Day 3: -0.6
Day 4: -0.2
Day 5: +0.4

So that was only a total loss of 2.8 over 5 days (which is ok because the scale hasn't moved for months for me). Admittedly it's only a few days away from TOM too (sorry if TMI!) so that affects my water weight a great deal.

What I've done is 5 days on M&E then 2 days back to LC (Atkins 20grams Net carbs/day but not using induction rules i.e. no nuts/seeds etc) and then tomorrow I'm going to go back to M&E again for 5 days to see if I've confused my body sufficiently to give up the stall

I'll keep you updated with my progress too if you'd like and I'd really like to hear what you've decided to do. Maybe induction carbs are too low for you?? I find sometimes adjusting and going up to 30 or 35 helps too.

Good luck...
Old 02-25-2013, 04:37 AM   #899
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: HappyisNow
Hi all!!

I am a long time low carber and I've fallen off the wagon many many many times. I've got about 50lbs to lose, and that's my first goal at least.

I was doing well until I started cheating this weekend. So I've gained 4lbs from that!

Any way! I'm back to eating meat and eggs with small amounts of veggies to munch on as snacks if I'm really craving it. I was on track all day yesterday and down 1lb. I've also joined the gym last week and have been doing Couch to 5K, along with trying out different fitness classes offered there on my days off.

Nice to meet you all!! Let's make this a great day!
HappyisNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #900
Major LCF Poster!

Back to M&E for me today. My plan is to stay on M&E Mon-Fri. Atkins 20NC on Sat Sun for the next 4-5 weeks as I have a weight loss challege at work that ends March29. My other goal is to get back to my running 4 times a week. I had quit due to bronchitis 4 weeks ago and now am better after antibiotics and really have no reason to continue to be lazy!

Plan for today:
B: coffee, w/HWC, CO and splenda
S: 2-3 scrambled eggs
L: 4 hot wings w/ranch
D: sausage burger w/mustard (maybe fried in butter)

20-30 minute run!