Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 06:02 AM   #601
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Morning all!still battling the old cold!!but scales did move this morning!!last Friday when I got home I was 165.6 today 158.6 that's pretty darn good...hope all is doing good too!
portcop01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2013, 06:42 AM   #602
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Leangirl
Good morning all,

B: two chicken sausages, cheddar cheese, 1
Egg, Sf jello. Here's where I went wrong. I ate the cool whipping creme and I mean half the container before I did a search and found out one of the ingredients to be corn syrup ouch I'm going to two spinning classes today to hopefully be able to makeup for this
Leangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #603
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cindy-lou
Stats: 257/234/170
WOE: JUDDD-01/31/13
Start Date: Nov 7 2012 LC
Good Morning All

T.O.M. is right around the corner and its messing with my weight loss
I don't get them every month so when I get it ...it kicks my butt...could have been why I caved and had some sweets over the holidays

I have been doing the M&E and doing well on it but the scales went up this morning

Maybe I need to eat a little more also because I found my stomach has been growling alot when I never had that problem before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika1962 View Post

Cindy...beautiful new pic! Thanks

Jeneric...I started off doing low carb and VERY low calorie. I started December 5, 2011 at 260 pounds and dropped to 200 in less than 4 months. I ate the same foods every day. Chicken breast, lean ground beef, white fish, shrimp, tons of lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, cabbage, greek yogurt, may be an apple or an orange, drink a gallon of water a day, my calorie intake was only between 750 and 1000 calories, amazingly enough I never cheated, and having consistent losses every week kept me going, I guess I was desperate enough to lose the weight. I do have to add that before I found/ started JUDDD I had upped my calorie intake, I went up slowly by 200 every few days til I was up around 2000, mind you the upping made me drop almost 6 pounds the first week, and more the second. Then I gave JUDDD a trial month and lost 11 or 12 pounds in that month, so I was hooked on that, until I realized that I have developed a very unhealthy relationship with food, had to stop, at least for now until I get control of whatever has possessed me.
I have to laugh at the size 6, or even the 8, in my mind it is not possible that I wear this size, it just isn't. I strongly think that the sizes have changed over the years, or may be the sew in the wrong labels?? Medium tops?? I have NEVER worn a medium top, not even in highschool!
I was just "creeping" on your profile and WOW!!!! GOOD JOB!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leangirl View Post
Hey y'all I'm joining in !!!!!
2 years ago I did eggs and meat and lost 20 lbs in 2 months
My skin was fabulous. I felt great and a lot of energy.
Since I stopped I broke out again and a complete binge mess! Ahh cannot live like this. Plus I don't crave carbs when im on meat and eggs and never hungry provided i drink my water ofcourse
That's my only weakness getting in the waters can't drink it without the crystal light!
But whatever it takes... As long as I'm under 10 carbs, ill be ok!
Haven't weighed myself lately just because i had major binge episodes during the holidays. but again my goal is 10 lbs by the end of jan
Doing great everyone while eating the delicious foods !!
Welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joannew View Post
Good Morning!
12/30: 146.2
12/31: 144.0
1/1: 144.8 (I confess I had cauliflower with my steak)
1/2: 143.4
1/3: 143.8 Hope it's water weight.

Hope everyone has a great ME day!
You will probably see a great loss in a day or two
Thats how it usally works for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Morning all!still battling the old cold!!but scales did move this morning!!last Friday when I got home I was 165.6 today 158.6 that's pretty darn good...hope all is doing good too!
WOW look at those numbers Good Job...Hope your feeling better
01/31/2012 on JUDDD
(-8)
<a href=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqPiWTH/ target=_blank>
<a href=http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wqPiWTH/weight.png target=_blank>http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...WTH/weight.png</a>
</a>
Cindy-lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #604
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Sunny7
could some of you post your menus for a couple days, i see that some have really low calories, just wanted to see if you all just stick with meat and eggs or add a few things like pork rinds and maybe a small amount of veggie once in a while.....

thanks
Sunny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #605
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny7 View Post
could some of you post your menus for a couple days, i see that some have really low calories, just wanted to see if you all just stick with meat and eggs or add a few things like pork rinds and maybe a small amount of veggie once in a while.....

thanks
B- Coffee w/coconut oil and heavy whip or half and half, 3 or 4 eggs, bacon or pork chop with lots of sour cream for fat.
L-steak or a couple thin pork chops, hard boiled eggs with lots of mayo and some mustard mixed in.
D- LOTS of meat! Steak, pork, chicken covered in spices and lots of butter!
If I felt like cheese then I would have some, same with veggies. Also, I would boil chicken broth with all kinds of spices and sip on that if I felt like it.
I did notice that I didn't consume enough calories some days but I felt so full of energy all the time!
Snoangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:13 AM   #606
Senior LCF Member

My typical menu is...

B- 2 eggs and 3 bacon fried in butter, coffee with HWC and 1 splenda

L- tuna or egg mixed with mayo OR left over meat from the night before

D- Large piece of meat (steak or porkchop) fried in butter

I am the same as Oceana if I feel like cheese I have it and when I crave veggies then I will have some

I'm thinking maybe I need to increase my breakfast bcuz its not doing the trick lately
Old 01-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #607
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy-lou View Post
My typical menu is...

I am the same as Oceana if I feel like cheese I have it and when I crave veggies then I will have some

I'm thinking maybe I need to increase my breakfast bcuz its not doing the trick lately
LOVE your new avi so pretty!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #608
Senior LCF Member

Red posted this on the intro to the January NK thread.

I think it's really helpful to remember this.

To paraphrase the esteemed Dr. Phinney....

Everyone has a 'window' of weight. The body is fairly lax about how much fluid it retains at any given time and this is generally about 4 pounds worth.

Think of it as one of those horizontal lava doodads with the blue fluid doing a seesaw motion.

So.

You are kicking butt and shedding weight. You weigh in at the low point on the seesaw with your fluid balance low.

A day or a week goes by and you weigh in again. You *have* lost 2 pounds. *But* the seesaw of fluid is now at its high end completely masking your 2 pounds and possibly even showing a gain.

The next day you weigh in again, having lost another .5 pound off your body for real but the blue fluid has tilted to its low end this time and WHOOSH you see a 5 pound drop!

That is why daily weigh ins are interesting but if you happen to be blessed with a wildly tilting blue doodad you are gonna have baffling daily, even weekly, weigh ins. Depending on how fine tuned your way of eating is and how fast or slow you lose weight, Phinney even pushed it out to a full month of this phenomenon masking a net loss - 1 pound a week lost for 4 pounds total for the month but your lava machine is tilted to the high point and you see a disappointing scale reading. No weight lost on the scale or even a few ounces gained.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #609
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoangel View Post
LOVE your new avi so pretty!
Thanks that was taken New Years Eve

Quote:
Red posted this on the intro to the January NK thread.

I think it's really helpful to remember this.

To paraphrase the esteemed Dr. Phinney....

Everyone has a 'window' of weight. The body is fairly lax about how much fluid it retains at any given time and this is generally about 4 pounds worth.

Think of it as one of those horizontal lava doodads with the blue fluid doing a seesaw motion.

So.

You are kicking butt and shedding weight. You weigh in at the low point on the seesaw with your fluid balance low.

A day or a week goes by and you weigh in again. You *have* lost 2 pounds. *But* the seesaw of fluid is now at its high end completely masking your 2 pounds and possibly even showing a gain.

The next day you weigh in again, having lost another .5 pound off your body for real but the blue fluid has tilted to its low end this time and WHOOSH you see a 5 pound drop!

That is why daily weigh ins are interesting but if you happen to be blessed with a wildly tilting blue doodad you are gonna have baffling daily, even weekly, weigh ins. Depending on how fine tuned your way of eating is and how fast or slow you lose weight, Phinney even pushed it out to a full month of this phenomenon masking a net loss - 1 pound a week lost for 4 pounds total for the month but your lava machine is tilted to the high point and you see a disappointing scale reading. No weight lost on the scale or even a few ounces gained.

I'm my worse enemy with my scales...can't start my day without it
Old 01-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #610
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
B- Coffee w/coconut oil and heavy whip or half and half, 3 or 4 eggs, bacon or pork chop with lots of sour cream for fat.
L-steak or a couple thin pork chops, hard boiled eggs with lots of mayo and some mustard mixed in.
D- LOTS of meat! Steak, pork, chicken covered in spices and lots of butter!
If I felt like cheese then I would have some, same with veggies. Also, I would boil chicken broth with all kinds of spices and sip on that if I felt like it.
I did notice that I didn't consume enough calories some days but I felt so full of energy all the time!
thanks Snoangel, these menus sound quite doable for me, i do use cream and Co in my morning tea and have a couple times a day....love melted butter on about everything----i did try the chicken broth when i was hungry and added a little melted butter in it....very tasty

thanks again
Old 01-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #611
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
My typical menu is...

Thanks Cindy, i love a big breakfast and i do love my tea with the cream and CO. sounds like i have been doing it right
Old 01-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #612
Senior LCF Member

Just wanted to let you all know that I am in HEAVEN
I am "drinking" my gingerbread cookies!!

I found a gingerbread K-pod and I feel like I am cheating
Old 01-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #613
Senior LCF Member

question for you all....

How do you cook your eggs?
fried?
boiled?
scrambled?

just curious
Old 01-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #614
Major LCF Poster!

I like mine fried o/e in butter..
I can't drink diet soda it makes me crave food!!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #615
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
I like mine fried o/m in olive oil/butter

I usually only drink diet soda now with HWC. It taste like a float and keeps away those food cravings. Had one tonight with dinner. about 1/4 cup HWC and 8 ounces of diet dr pepper. YUM!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:12 AM   #616
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Erika1962
Stats: 260-181.4-/-170-5'5/51
WOE: Grain/ Sugar free and 4:3
Happy Friday everyone! I had a pretty good day yesterday, did have cravings but did not give into them, which is a miracle alone because I know darn TOM is about due for a visit.

Yesterdays menu:

B--2 boiled eggs, coffee
L--2 cans of tuna with mayo
D--5 scrambled eggs with HWC, 2 slices of colby, coconut bark for dessert

Total calories 1565

01/01--168.6
01/02--171.8
01/03--169.2
01/04--168.2

Cindy...Thank you I was "only" about 220 on the before pic, I don't even have one at 260 lbs, I avoided cameras like the plague! By the way...I was dreaming about your gingerbread coffee!! Ima be on the hunt for that later today

Oceana...I too am a slave to my scale, when I first started dieting I weighed 4-5 times a day!!!

Joanne...Just water! And if you are alternating higher and lower calorie days the scale will bounce!

Lori...fantastic job!!!

Cindy...I am hooked on scrambled eggs with HWC, butter, and a smidge of creamcheese right now, but I also like them boiled or over easy in butter

05-1-14---181.4
04-1-14---186.6
03-1-14---189.2
02-1-14---187.2
01-1-14---190.8
12-1-11---260 + pounds!

Last edited by Erika1962; 01-04-2013 at 02:43 AM..
Erika1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:17 AM   #617
Major LCF Poster!

Erika - Great job!!

I did a good job staying on plan yesterday. I did not have the breakfast sausages. I did have a salsa/sour cream dip with my pork rinds. So my menu ended up being something more like:

B: Coffee, HWC, CO & Splenda
L: 4 oz tuna w/ 2 T mayo
S: pork rinds w/salsa/sour cream dip
D: 6 oz Pork roast w 1 T barbecue sauce, diet dr. pepper w/HWC

10 - 8 oz glasses of water

1/2: 185.2 SW -
1/3: 183.6
1/4: 182.2 NEW LOW!!

Today's Plan (I seem to be temporarily hooked on pork! Plus I have the leftovers ):
B: Coffee w/ 2 T HWC, 1 T CO, and 2 splenda
L: 6 oz Pork chop w/ mayo and pork rinds w/ salsa/sour cream dip
D: pork roast w/ 1 T bbq sauce

Lots of water!!

Goals met:
199.9 - ONEderland(10/23/12);
180s - (12/08/12)
170s - (1/7/13) (made it back 01/14) (no longer obese)
160s - (3/2/13) 50.2 pounds in 5 1/2 months!
148 - No longer Overweight
"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor, Runner/Author
Old 01-04-2013, 07:16 AM   #618
Senior LCF Member

Erika
Hope you find the gingerbread coffee...its so good!!
and your " scrambled eggs with HWC, 2 slices of colby" sound amazing
might have that for lunch today lol

B- 3 scrambled eggs with 4 bacon fried with butter, coffee with hwc and 1 splenda

L- 5 scrambled eggs with HWC, and cheese

D- STEAK with butter (can ya tell that I love steak?)

Having a "girls night" in the hottub so I am sure there will be a few glasses of wine
Old 01-04-2013, 07:49 AM   #619
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Subbing.
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #620
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriAS View Post
I like mine fried o/m in olive oil/butter

I usually only drink diet soda now with HWC. It taste like a float and keeps away those food cravings. Had one tonight with dinner. about 1/4 cup HWC and 8 ounces of diet dr pepper. YUM!
i'm not a diet pop drinker, but hubby has diet rootbeer around and i have mixed cream in it and its pretty good----its also good in club soda---i rarely have these, but come in handy when i am craving something sweet....
Old 01-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #621
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny7 View Post
i'm not a diet pop drinker, but hubby has diet rootbeer around and i have mixed cream in it and its pretty good----its also good in club soda---i rarely have these, but come in handy when i am craving something sweet....
My kids have gotten addicted to HWC! I guess there are worse things they could be addicted to.

They will trying it in anything. All I hear is "Can I have a cream soda w/...(whatever pop they can find)!" It's actually pretty good in just about any flavor pop!
Old 01-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #622
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
question for you all....

How do you cook your eggs?
fried?
boiled?
scrambled?

just curious
Every way... But right now I love firm poached eggs!!! They're sooo creamy and delicious!

Also, when u boil a bunch of eggs, sprinkle a tsp of baking soda in the water and when they're cooled the shell slips right off! It's amazing!
We have chickens and the fresher the egg is, the harder it is to peel so this is a time and egg saver.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:22 AM   #623
Senior LCF Member

Lori...nice new low!!!

Cindy...haven't found the coffee yet, but will be on the hunt today!!

Stayed on plan yesterday exept of course the darn cheddar I just NEEDED to have for a bedtime snack *grmbl* Roasting a turkey today, and I probably have to eat it all by myself since the mister is not big on turkey...sigh...the suffering

Yesterday's menu:

B--coffee, 1 boiled egg
L--2 cans of tuna with mayo and 1 egg chopped in
D--5 scrambled eggs with hwc, coconut bark for dessert
S--1 boiled egg, 2 ounces cheddar

total calories 1500ish

I have to add something here about the coconut bark, I have noticed that besides taking my sweet cravings it also "moves" things along pretty nice, really happy about that!!!

01/01--168.6
01/02--171.8
01/03--169.2
01/04--168.2
01/05--168.0....not much but I'll take it!

Have a fabulous day everyone!

Last edited by Erika1962; 01-05-2013 at 05:10 AM..
Old 01-05-2013, 07:10 AM   #624
Major LCF Poster!

Erika - a loss is a loss! Tough break about the turkey

Cindy - that coffee sounds YUM

Judy - Welcome!

Oceana - OMG! I just wanna hug you!!!!! You do not know how many of my HB eggs have been MURDERED because we have fresh eggs from chickens also. I end up buying eggs from the grocery when I want HB eggs. If this works like you say, I feel like I should pay you at least the cost of a dozen eggs a week!

1/5: 181.2 ANOTHER NEW LOW!!

I have decided to post yesterdays menu from now on so I can see what affected my weight for today.

S: 3 precooked breakfast pork sausage links
Lork rinds w/ salsa/sour cream dip (4 T salsa & 5 T sour cream mixed)
S: 4 oz pork loin chop
D: pork roast w/ 1 T bbq sauce, 1 dill pickle spear, 2 fried eggs

S: 8 oz dt dr. pepper and 1.5 oz spiced rum

Lots of water!! (11 - 8 oz cups)
Old 01-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #625
Major LCF Poster!

Just checking in with all,I'm still at 158.6 I had pork rind and soda the last two days so no weight lost but today I'm not having them to see if I lose tommorrow ,they always seem to stall me.so eggs for breakfast then some baby back ribs for dinner! Hope all is well.....winter is hard to lose so anything we lose is great,
Old 01-05-2013, 08:39 AM   #626
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriAS View Post
Erika - a loss is a loss! Tough break about the turkey

Cindy - that coffee sounds YUM

Judy - Welcome!

Oceana - OMG! I just wanna hug you!!!!! You do not know how many of my HB eggs have been MURDERED because we have fresh eggs from chickens also. I end up buying eggs from the grocery when I want HB eggs. If this works like you say, I feel like I should pay you at least the cost of a dozen eggs a week!

I have decided to post yesterdays menu from now on so I can see what affected my weight for today.

S: 3 precooked breakfast pork sausage links
Lork rinds w/ salsa/sour cream dip (4 T salsa & 5 T sour cream mixed)
S: 4 oz pork loin chop
D: pork roast w/ 1 T bbq sauce, 1 dill pickle spear, 2 fried eggs

S: 8 oz dt dr. pepper and 1.5 oz spiced rum

Lots of water!! (11 - 8 oz cups)
Thank you Lori!
I love that you all post what you're eating. I'm not in this groove yet, but I can see it more clearly seeing what you all are eating.
This is a good thread to "lurk"!
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #627
Senior LCF Member

Oceana -OMG I will so try that out.!!! I love boiled eggs but I hate trying the get the shells off the egg and nothing worse then hearing a crunch in my egg!!

Erika- Did ya find the coffee?
I am like you ...I love my cheese!!

Lori- your numbers are great!!!! and your menu is amazing...you eat so much

Becky- Its funny but I loose better in the winter then any other time...I find I am too busy in the summer to "plan"

Judy-

so I woke up with a bit of a "OMG why did I drink that wine" morning

B- 3 eggs,slice of ham fried in butter,coffee with hwc and 1 splenda

L-2 hot dogs with mustard and I fried some cheese

D- 2 hamburgers with mayo and no sugar ketchup, caramel/toffee coffee with hwc 2 splenda

Going to the movies tonight to see "This is 40"
should be good for a laugh

Last edited by Cindy-lou; 01-05-2013 at 03:08 PM..
Old 01-06-2013, 05:52 AM   #628
Major LCF Poster!

Can I just say I am LOVING this meat and egg fast!!!! I also started run intervals on the treadmill again this week. The combo is really paying off

Becky - isn't funny how specific things affect people so differently?

Cindy - I am trying to stick to only meat and eggs. I think a key is I have cut out almost all cheese and I only have very little fruit/veggies as garnish only (ex: salsa)

Judy - I hope the menus can help others, but we all are so unique...what works for one may not work for another.

1/6: 180.0 ANOTHER NEW LOW!!

B (late): Coffee w/ 2 T HWC, 1 T CO, and 2 splenda, 3 fried eggs w/ 2 sausage patties
S: 1/4 cup HWC whipped with 1 T Davinci SF Chocolate & 1/4 T SF cocoa powder YUM!!
D: pork roast w/ 1 T bbq sauce

Lots of water!! (10 - 8 oz cups)
Old 01-06-2013, 06:07 AM   #629
Major LCF Poster!

Morning all! Down from 158.6 to 158.4 not much but better than nothing,,I was busy at my new store yesterday so I ate around 6:30 to late for me plus I've notice when I eat beef I lose more so today I will have beef see what happens..
Old 01-06-2013, 08:09 AM   #630
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all!!!

Cindy I never found the coffee, but I'm not giving up just yet

Lori...this M/E fast is REALLY loving you!!! Way to go!!

Judy...Hiya

Becky...a loss is a loss! Take it and run!!!

And here comes my little update...UP 1.6 this morning, can't pinpoint why because it could be several things. TOM in a day or two, extended workout yesterday, salty turkey? Water guzzling 4 times last night, I really don't know, but it all comes down to the same thing, water retention because at 1500 - 1600 calories yesterday I couldn't gain this much
ANYWAYS, since the weight is up this morning anyway I have decided to finally try out a little experiment I have been wanting to do for many weeks now. I still want to do meat and egg fast, but I want to do 2 carbup days every week. I have read up on a bunch of different carb cycling plans but decided to try my own for a couple of weeks. Meaning I will eat one day at around 1700 - 1800 calories, 5 meals a day, and allow myself carbs at the first 3 meals of the day. Then drop it back down to meat and eggs only, for 3-4 days at a lower calorie intake. Oh and with carbs I mean healthy ones, oatmeal, sweet potatos, veggies and fruit, no sugar, bread or pasta! May be this can shake things up a bit, I am getting really tired of being at 168 lbs at the first of every month! And if I see the weigh going up instead of down...WELL there is always M/E fast! It got rid of my 12 pound christmas bloat in under a week, so it should take care of a few more! I will keep posting here, if you guys don't mind

12-22-12---168.8 pre christmas weight
12-26-12---180.2 post christmas weight
01-05-13---168.0
01-06-13---169.6 ***CARBUP DAY***

Last edited by Erika1962; 01-06-2013 at 08:33 AM..