Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 06:39 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Dukaniestas Dreaming up Determination for Deliberate Weight Decline - Dukan WOE

Hi Everyone

I had to restart this thread so it would be in the right spot. I hope everyone can find it... We are going to try a continuous thread & see how it works for everyone rather than to start a new one monthly. Have fun reading...reserve your spot...come join our group... & watch as we get smaller & keep it off permanently!

We came here from: Dukaniestas make it to another Amazing August

Remember this is a WOE not a diet! It is for life!
We dont "CHEAT" we make good, not so good & poor choices but learn from each choice we make!

Here are some threads to help you that are new to Dukan or wanting to check out the program & our successes over the past year. There are also loads of recipies that have been posted, especially by Stilldews. She started in August 2011 & has maintained her weight loss for this whole year. We are so proud of all the Dukaniestas that have stayed or strayed & returned. Together we can do this!

DUKAN EATING PLAN FYI
The Dukan Diet
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...t-recipes.html

Dukan Diet - Joyful June!!!
Dukan Diet -- Awesome August!! One day at a time!!
Dukan Diet -- Stunning September! Impossible things happen!
Dukan Diet- Overcoming October's Obstacles
Dukan Diet: Nutritious November!!
Dukan .... Determined in December
Dukan Divas Dive into a Jan 2012
Dukan Divas Fight Fat in February
Dukan Diet Followers Melt Down in March
Dukan Dieters Aim for an Amazing April!
Dukan Dieters Master the Munchies in May
Dukan dieters losing it in June!
Jumpin' July, Batman! Dukan Thread makes it to another July!
Dukaniestas make it to another Amazing August
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2012, 06:56 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Well allrighty then, found ya!!!

So I goofed off a bit over the holiday weekend with social events. However, worked hard to shore up the damage by going to the gym all 3 days and really killing it with cardio & weights!

Today is a NEW DAY of pure protein and I am back in the saddle for a pure protein attack phase, yes indeedy!

About to go get my 10am snack....I like having something every 3 hours to keep hunger in check!
LIVE_FREE_NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Zanjabil
Stats: 215/195/145
WOE: Ketosis/ mostly carnivorous
Start Date: 8/12/13 (again)
Hey ladies! I'm still around! Still stuck @ 172's. But having been giving 100% been having digestive issues, so I've been making some changes with what I've been eating. I still believe in this way of eating just got to make it work for my body. I'm just glad I'm only dealing with a 3lb gain. I really want to get back to the 160's
Zanjabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Yep, I found you, too, and still looking at this woe...I love some of the recipes, but then I'm a recipe freak, kitchen freak and queen of the kitchen gadgets. I posted my interest in the August thread...thanks for giving the links for the previous threads...I only found a few of them before but am avidly checking all of them out. I've been a low carber for years and followed Atkins, South Beach, and toyed with the Mediterranean for a while. I had gotten completely out of calorie/fat counting until recently when I discovered the JUDDD woe. I've lost almost 30 pounds in the last three months and one of folks on the golden agers follows Dukan which piqued my interest...checked out a few of the recipes and am really impressed with them and this woe.

I just wanted to check in and let you know that this newbie is still considering this woe...thanks again

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

"You are NOT fat! You may HAVE fat, but you ARE NOT fat! You must make that distinction in order to move your mind into the right place to be successful at weight loss.

I was NOT fat, I just had lots of fat on me. Had I BEEN fat, then I would still BE fat. Right? I am still the same guy that used to weight 300 pounds. Now I am just healthier, lighter, fitter and by default, HAPPIER too!

So again, STOP saying and believing that you ARE fat. That's NOT who you are. You are YOU with excess body fat on you. That's all. And that can be taken care of with some nutritional and activity changes in your life. "One Step at a Time." -- Eli Sapharti - FAT Boy FIT Man
Old 09-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

TTFN

TTFN
Old 09-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
I like that Faithful!
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
good evening!!! I am finally going to start back on plan tomorrow!! I tried last month, but things were just too stressful around here and it didn't last. But I finally got transferred to another store this week, and things are much better. Now I'm ready to get going and lose some more weight. I've still been staying between 196-200, though, so i'm thrilled I've managed to keep the weight off this past year.

I think I'm going to download the dukan book on my kindle so I have it with me always. I seem to take my kindle with me everywhere. Didn't think I'd ever get one, but I absolutely love it! I download free books every day. Hopefully I'll be able to get one of the new ones when they come out in a couple of months. They're going to have a bigger screen.

Have a great night!!
Old 09-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Lenise! Nice to see you! I am gearing up for an attack myself! I am at the same spot also, 191 and not budging ( but as long as not going up so happy to keep it off!) but I want to lose at least 35 more.

Last edited by Purrcy'smom; 09-12-2012 at 08:49 AM.. Reason: addition
Old 09-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

I'd like to lose between 40-45 more. Starting attack tomorrow for four days!!! Looking forward to it. Bought some stew meat and lean ground beef at Sams Club tonight. And eggs too.

After I get off this computer I'm going to go through the book some more and gather together some recipes.
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:15 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

from askgeorgie....

"Eating a cookie on occasion does not make someone overweight. What makes someone overeat cookies, not stopping at one or two but get caught in a slippery slope of a dozen, several times a week? Restriction. Restrict anything and you create an environment of scarcity in your mind. That’s Economics 101. A commodity which is scarce becomes more valuable. So now the forbidden item looks even better to you. You might think about it more often, put in on a pedestal in your mind, associating it with fun times and joy and love and relaxation… You might even envy those who “can” eat the forbidden foodstuff.

In addition to inflating the perceived value of the forbidden food, there’s a little rebellious streak in all of us. Even you. You may not think of yourself as the rebellious type, but it’s innate to push back a little at rules. Even if you are a lifetime people-pleaser who actually drives the speed limit, and you DID clean your room when your paren
ts demanded that you do so, your brain gets a reward from breaking a rule. It’s invigorating, exhilarating even, to break a rule, even if it’s your own. To your brain, it feels oh so good to be a little bad. Restaurant menus use descriptions like sinfully delicious cheesecake…. because it appeals to that part of your mind to be a little naughty and rebellious.

So now you’ve doubled the prize of eating the forbidden food: it’s built up in your mind to be the Best Stuff Ever and it makes you feel a little badass for doing it. I hope you see where this is going: A restrictive mindset will not only make you fixate on and eventually eat the very items you’re trying to reduce, but when you do eat them, you’re likely to go headfirst into a massive quantity. Because after all, it’s rare and valuable and you won’t allow yourself to have it again for a long long time so you better get a lot in…"
Old 09-13-2012, 10:13 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Well, I didn't get to start today. Though not worried about it. I did a low carb day yesterday and was down 3 pounds this morning!!

Lunch today was scrambled eggs w/ff cream cheese and turkey. My son took us out for dinner tonight to a mexican restaurant. Was off plan, but life happens so I'm not going to worry about it. Not going to use it as an excuse to overeat tonight or tomorrow, though!! I had chile rellenos over rice. and chocolate chip cookie for dessert.

Went to the store this afternoon and bought my ff yogurt and cottage cheese. and my oat bran is in the fridge!

Nighty night!
Old 09-14-2012, 11:19 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Up slightly today to 198.6. Starting on plan. Lunch was cottage cheese and beef. Dinner will be burgers and my yogurt mix.

I did my WATP dvd twice yesterday for a total of four miles walking. Plan on doing the 3 mile dvd later. DD and I have to run to walmart here in a few minutes.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:35 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 227/211.6/170.0
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: January 2012(1st) January 2014(2nd)
I've been missing in action. So busy these days. Sticking to plan all week but the weekends lately are still getting the bet of me. I'm hanging in there between 167 and 172. By Friday each week I'm at 167-8 but by Monday I'm usually up a several lbs. time to tighten up & get through weekends on plan like before.
Paranoidsoutherner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Zanjabil
Stats: 215/195/145
WOE: Ketosis/ mostly carnivorous
Start Date: 8/12/13 (again)
Hey ladies still chugging along, with my Dukanish way of eating. Back to the 160's again yay! Today I weighed in @ 168.2! Hope you all are doing well and keep watching those carbs!
Zanjabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfaithful View Post
"Eating a cookie on occasion does not make someone overweight. What makes someone overeat cookies, not stopping at one or two but get caught in a slippery slope of a dozen, several times a week? Restriction. Restrict anything and you create an environment of scarcity in your mind. That’s Economics 101. A commodity which is scarce becomes more valuable. So now the forbidden item looks even better to you. You might think about it more often, put in on a pedestal in your mind, associating it with fun times and joy and love and relaxation… You might even envy those who “can” eat the forbidden foodstuff.

In addition to inflating the perceived value of the forbidden food, there’s a little rebellious streak in all of us. Even you. You may not think of yourself as the rebellious type, but it’s innate to push back a little at rules. Even if you are a lifetime people-pleaser who actually drives the speed limit, and you DID clean your room when your paren
ts demanded that you do so, your brain gets a reward from breaking a rule. It’s invigorating, exhilarating even, to break a rule, even if it’s your own. To your brain, it feels oh so good to be a little bad. Restaurant menus use descriptions like sinfully delicious cheesecake…. because it appeals to that part of your mind to be a little naughty and rebellious.

So now you’ve doubled the prize of eating the forbidden food: it’s built up in your mind to be the Best Stuff Ever and it makes you feel a little badass for doing it. I hope you see where this is going: A restrictive mindset will not only make you fixate on and eventually eat the very items you’re trying to reduce, but when you do eat them, you’re likely to go headfirst into a massive quantity. Because after all, it’s rare and valuable and you won’t allow yourself to have it again for a long long time so you better get a lot in…"
Amazing Insight IAM!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2012, 01:33 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

I went to heck in a handbasket the last two weekends. I guess since I have been on this plateau so long, I figured, why not have a few of things I have been missing? but now I feel terrible. I am starting attack again myself, probably Monday ( Mondays are good since I can shop on the weekend- I think!)
Lenise, what are these dvds?" I did my WATP dvd twice yesterday for a total of four miles walking. Plan on doing the 3 mile dvd later." I don't have a lot of workout space in my house but I do have a treadmill- I mUST figure a way to get some exercise in. I know this isnt the forum for this, but I have been so depressed that I can't even move sometimes. I am petrified to take anti-depresants, since they have been known to cause weight gain. I need to get moving!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:21 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Exercise is part of Dukan & certainly SHOULD be discussed here!
Old 09-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Everyone must be really busy, I know I am...

Back to the 168.2 & holding.... to see that ( I did finally step on a scale a couple weeks ago & again this week)

Honey Badgers mentioned holding & I put up this post... want to share it with you!

I read a post on FB (cant remember where or I would post it) but it talked about "stalls". We should not think of "stalls" or "being stuck" but rather "holding" (strange we just commented on it). The post said that it gives us a better mindset & keeps us away from becoming depressed or frustrated. It also stated that the body really does this for a reason... it wants to stay at a certain level for a certain length of time to insure the weight that was lost STAYS OFF & it does this by "holding" for a season. For some it is a short time & for others it is longer... I was at 171 for over 6 months... then went to the 164-168ish area for a while then OOPS up to 175 for no apparant reason (Ok I figured out I need to leave the bread alone) but I knew what to do & it rolled right off & here I am again @ 168ish & that is OK... One day I will get to the 150s but when this body is ready. So look differently at "stalls" or "being stuck" maybe your body wants you to maintain for a long/short time to be sure you will NOT REGAIN what you have shed.

Have a great weekend! Eat healthy & eat SMART!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:58 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
Hi Ladies, wanted to join you and introduce my self - 2nd attempt at Dukan, I lost 10 rebound pounds on it last year, then unfortunately regained those plus some over the holidays. Lost it again with HCG, now struggling with 10 pound rebound, once again. Would like to go lower than that, if possible. (currently 145, would like 135 or possibly 130).
Just want to keep accountable and get diet ideas/advice from others following the plan. I am currently in ATTACK until Saturday, then have a cancer benefit brunch that will have loads of carby goodies, so that aside will be back on plan ASAP.

*Clean eating and daily workouts
*Bikini Body Mommy Challenge
*Month 1 down, Month 2 started 8/12
*Goal: Fit into old clothes and overall fitness
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Is this page one only?

I want to make sure that i am in the right spot! Hi all!

Last edited by Purrcy'smom; 10-09-2012 at 08:59 PM.. Reason: edit
Old 10-10-2012, 03:20 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Laura this is the right spot...kinda slowed down over the summer so I thought a contnuous thread with all the previous links would be helpful.

Erin! We are happy to have you joi us. Dukan is a WOE for life! Have maintained my weight for a year as I am careful with my modified way to be sure to get lots os proten, wate & good vegies. I don't deny myself the occasional "snack" of a donut etc just really doesn't appea to me any longer. The longer you stay with the plan the more success you will have. Remember it has 4 parts & should set you up for a lifetime of success. Keep us posted & read the thhreads in the 1st post...should help a lot to know what works & what doesn't...You are so close to your goal-sad you keep regaining the last 10 or so #. Lets join with you to help you KEEP THEM OFF THIS TIME!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Thanks IAM! I gained back 5 lbs by not being too careful... gearing up for a second go round to get down the last 35 !!!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Laura, one step at a time & remember this is a lifetime of eating plan... I dont do the PP once a week but loads of protein, vegies & very low carb have kept me stable. I eat an occasional piece of "something" & occasionally 1/2 a pizza when the craving hits, but then go back to loads of protein sources for the next few days & never have a hitch. I did (when the kids moved in) eat lots of pizza crusts & things I should not have eaten, because it was there... but after an 8Lb gain went right back to what I knew I should eat including my VCO & avocados & left the breads alone... it rolled right off in a couple weeks with out any effort. You got this girl!
Old 10-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Laura, one step at a time & remember this is a lifetime of eating plan... I dont do the PP once a week but loads of protein, vegies & very low carb have kept me stable. I eat an occasional piece of "something" & occasionally 1/2 a pizza when the craving hits, but then go back to loads of protein sources for the next few days & never have a hitch. I did (when the kids moved in) eat lots of pizza crusts & things I should not have eaten, because it was there... but after an 8Lb gain went right back to what I knew I should eat including my VCO & avocados & left the breads alone... it rolled right off in a couple weeks with out any effort. You got this girl!
I hope it begins to work if I can buckle down and go 100% I was down to 30 to lose, now I am at 35 again...I think I have t start with a week of attack again! PS Thank you IAM for the words of encouragment.. it means a lot!
Old 10-13-2012, 03:25 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Laura are you not on my 5# friends? I don't see you there any more... Hugs!
Old 10-15-2012, 07:34 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Laura are you not on my 5# friends? I don't see you there any more... Hugs!
Hi IAM- what does 5# mean??? LOL If you mean FB, I am there- I just posted on your wall!

Last edited by Purrcy'smom; 10-15-2012 at 08:12 AM..
Old 10-15-2012, 07:49 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Oops wrong button FB. But I found you there!
Old 10-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Everyone must be really busy, I know I am...

Back to the 168.2 & holding.... to see that ( I did finally step on a scale a couple weeks ago & again this week)

Honey Badgers mentioned holding & I put up this post... want to share it with you!

I read a post on FB (cant remember where or I would post it) but it talked about "stalls". We should not think of "stalls" or "being stuck" but rather "holding" (strange we just commented on it). The post said that it gives us a better mindset & keeps us away from becoming depressed or frustrated. It also stated that the body really does this for a reason... it wants to stay at a certain level for a certain length of time to insure the weight that was lost STAYS OFF & it does this by "holding" for a season. For some it is a short time & for others it is longer... I was at 171 for over 6 months... then went to the 164-168ish area for a while then OOPS up to 175 for no apparant reason (Ok I figured out I need to leave the bread alone) but I knew what to do & it rolled right off & here I am again @ 168ish & that is OK... One day I will get to the 150s but when this body is ready. So look differently at "stalls" or "being stuck" maybe your body wants you to maintain for a long/short time to be sure you will NOT REGAIN what you have shed.

Have a great weekend! Eat healthy & eat SMART!!!
more insanely awesome insight. This helps me so much, thank you!
Old 10-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyWorm View Post
Hi Ladies, wanted to join you and introduce my self - 2nd attempt at Dukan, I lost 10 rebound pounds on it last year, then unfortunately regained those plus some over the holidays. Lost it again with HCG, now struggling with 10 pound rebound, once again. Would like to go lower than that, if possible. (currently 145, would like 135 or possibly 130).
Just want to keep accountable and get diet ideas/advice from others following the plan. I am currently in ATTACK until Saturday, then have a cancer benefit brunch that will have loads of carby goodies, so that aside will be back on plan ASAP.
Hi Rileyworm! We go through phases on this thread where it is VERY busy then slows when folks get busy out in real life.. sorry it took so long to reply...IAM gives us wonderful insights- we are so grateful for it! I was given for christmas last year by a frenemy ( i figured this out) a mountain of sweets from Davids cookies.. brownies, cookies, cakes- unreal. My husband does not eat any of this so guess who did. Me. So I have had a very hard time getting back on board, 100% and put 5 lbs back on. Lets get this show rolling together- all of us! we can do it. YOU CAN DO It!!! PS no longer friends with the "frenemy!"