Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2013, 12:41 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeeBloom
Stats: 189/189/133
WOE: Dukan/Meat & Egg/Low Carb
Start Date: 03/04/2014
Wow, everyone seems to be on track, I lost 30 pounds a couple years ago doing Dukan, put on about 15 and want to re-start but just can't get past the 2nd day... I am hoping following the posts will give me the kick I need!
DeeBloom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Hang in there ladies! There are no failures or set backs... just things we learn about better health along the way.

Went to my NP and she bumped up my thyroid Rx to the next level... maybe this will help and also stop my hair from falling out... plus maybe my body will quit itching!!!!

Keep on ladies... remember it is all about choices! Good we benefit poor we learn from
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
hi. I never actually started. wish I did because left to my own devices I have been going crazy. Ok maybe not too terrible but definitely letting foods slip in that I know do nothing but bad things if eaten too much of. so here I am!

even though its not all about the weight it kinda is. I got my weight this morning and its not pretty I guess I've been in denial. grrrr

I have arthritic knees and degenerative stuff in my back and I know the extra weight I've put on is not helping. ill be 34 this year and I just want the extra weight I've been battling for so long to be gone already so I can get on with my life already. I. have about 40 good pounds to get off. one pound at a time.
betty301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:06 AM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Hello Everyone!

I did the Dukan plan at the beginning of the year and lost 25 lbs. I've been faffing about with the same 2-3 lbs since then and I'm ready to get back on Dukan!

Tomorrow is my start....1st day of attack here I come!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
I guess tomorrow will be my first REAL day. last night was a bust and tonight we're going for sushi..father's day and all

I'm heading to the store in a bit to stock up!
betty301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:30 AM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: blotto76
Stats: 175.25/163/140
WOE: Atkins first time round, Dukan now
Start Date: 5 May 2008/restart 17 June 2013 (Dukan)
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to this thread, and this is Day 1 of Attack. I have 5 days of Attack and then 95 days of Cruise. Sounds daunting right now but I'm determined to stick with it. Hope we can all help each other!
blotto76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:41 AM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Hope no one minds if I post my menus? i find it helps keep me accountable.

Mon 17 June
B: Smoked salmon dukan quiche, skim milk cappuccino
L: Chicken slices and ff cottage cheese, maybe a hb egg
D: Salmon fillet and a few prawns
S: ff yoghurts
Old 06-21-2013, 06:39 AM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Hi Everyone

I'm on day 5 of my 9 day attack Phase and have so far lost 4.4 lbs feeling rather please with myself, enjoying eating steak and eggs and looking forward to being able to eat salad and veggies again come Wednesday.

I'm interested to hear from any of you who've done long term with this diet who are at the latter end of their Cruise Phase or even on the Consolidation or Stabilisation phase, just wondering about results long term and how much of a difference you've found adding veggies etc,. in Cruise phase and then having your 'Celebration' meals on Consolidation?

Thanks in advance x

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #219
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LisaCeleste
Stats: 259/250/155
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: 6/23/13
I started this diet (attack) a few days ago.....this is my 4th day......I was 259 the day I started....this morning I weighed 250 !!!!! I realize a lot is water but I never got results like this on Atkins....in fact I think I could not get past a 4lb loss after 3 wks. It obviously has something to do with the enormous amounts of fat you eat on Atkins.....and it made me feel sick eating all that fat. I'm sticking with this for the long haul. I need to lose about 80 lbs and I'm going to do it! the only thing is that I feel really tired and have no energy.....I'm hoping its just because of adjusting to the low carbs (I was eating a vegetarian high carb diet for months before starting this diet) I hope tomorrow I will have more energy, there's no way I can exercise until I get some energy.....I ran out of steam this afternoon at work and had to take a nap when I got home......but I think its normal when switching to low carbs to feel like this for a few days. I can't wait to see what I weigh tomorrow morning!
Old 06-27-2013, 05:02 AM   #220
Junior LCF Member

I just woke up and weighed.... 248.5 !!! This is unbelievable, I can't believe the scale is moving so fast!! 11 lbs in less than a week??? My cells must have been holding a ton of water....
LisaCeleste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:42 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Wow that's amazing Lisa!
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #222
Junior LCF Member

I am down another pound this morning! 247.5.......I am not ready to move from attack because I have so much to lose and the book says you can safely do 10 days in attack if you are obese and I am. I don't want the scale to stop moving! But the problem is I am so sick of this meat. I made hamburger patties last night and I made the mistake of buying "Laura's lean beef" all natural no hormones added....well I almost gagged on it and ended up feeding it to my dogs. This morning I made scrambled eggs and I could barely get them down.....not sure what I should do. Today I'm going to eat boiled peel em n eat em shrimp.....that actually sounds good to me but the thought of beef or chicken makes me sick right now. Ugh !!
Old 06-28-2013, 08:41 AM   #223
Junior LCF Member

And what happened to all the people here??? Is anyone still doing this diet out there???
Old 07-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #224
Senior LCF Member

I'm still here :-) I've been on Dukan for just over 2 weeks now, and lost 8lbs - slowly but surely!

keep up the good work everyone!
Old 07-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 230.8/159.2/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 05/24/2011
I check in occasionally, but I'm not doing Dukan anymore. Not really doing any diet right now. Just trying to stay away from the sweets. But I loved Dukan when I did it two years ago.

How are you doing Lisa? Did you stay on attack or switch to doing the alternate days?

Hope everyone is doing well!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:02 AM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
hey all been on it for about 9 days now had same weight i mean once in while be up a pound but after i exercise end up going down again , due to water retaining.. yesterday ate alot more.. thinking that the past two days denied fat from the yolk of eggs so went all pure protein of whites.. and have been a bit hungrier then normal.. like had 2 whole steaks 5 chicken breasts 10 string cheese low fat my crave air microwaved fried lol whihc just makes stiff and crispy like chips.. mushrooms 4 large and peppers about 2 whole small ones.. and then had 12 egg whites in the mix

was yummy but feel great did help.. everytime hungry if don't eat i crave fatty low carb foods.. and when i do eat i realize all i need to remember is TO EAT.. sometimes hard cause i fear calories but I think if this persons right once told me about dukan like the more you eat the more you lose.. i think has to do with protein it boost metab and i feel thermal effect at night like i begin to sweat and get super over heated in as cold as airconditioned room that was cold earlier so doubt temp changed.. thinking has to do with the protein effect only get it when doing low carb.. sweat like run a mile when just laying down and relaxing or sleeping... I just maybe today well when its not only 3am but like later when i get up again lol and check weight hoping it be ok but fear be up bit from food weight and water weight etc.. but maybe eating alot more boost metab and be down some lol or same..guess wait and see just hoping all be ok .. I still fear the calorie thing is what gets me and thinking if I'm doing it wrong but I do have the one thing on mind is ALL YOU CAN EAT.. to stay not hungry.
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #227
Senior LCF Member

ok did go up a pound believe from eating so late and sleeping right afterwards and such prob alot water and food weight

just do feel still stuffed today that not eating at same times as norm
alittle less then my normal munching just no feel for food

but it does now make me feel like bored of the flavors
only the cheese is holding me on this plan cause flavor and bit rich ness to it
then dry breast.. more of dark meat girl and egg yolks lol

but holding strong trying up my veggies to help flavor it and all

.. I don't think its the calories but unsure if this is possible ?
Old 07-31-2013, 03:55 AM   #228
Senior LCF Member

ok unsure i ate so much less cause appetite wasn't there and did feel hungry at 9ish at night but was heading to bed woke up bit early, but not much.. just felt slim but when went on the scale up 2 more pounds, YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't understand, I know i'm constipated from after the other night, but now 3 pounds more

1 pound in a day and 2 pounds from yesterday eating less.. I"m so unsure , makes me wonder if its just worth continuing with the lack of fat and such.. I love low carb but I feel like i'm becoming heavy.. Maybe I need to try not so much veggies either cause I do start to hate eating them and makes my meal nasty after too much...

I just want to know how to go back from what I had Last year.. I was 20lbs thinner and ate alot alot alot.. high fat tho but alot..

I had drumsticks, ground bison, low fat cheese, butter like a half of 8oz tub a day lol, or a third. and bone marrow, had food fried in butter had pork chops bone in fatty pieces

ate mini meals like 6 times a day

over 2800-3000 calories and was weight so less (20lbs), Now i'm eating just plain
dry non fat foods cutting it lean and feel like I'm gaining muscle but just feel bigger and not sure if I need to remove my veggies a bit and reduce it since I use to lose weight better with out.. I figure today try to use mushrooms and finish them up to be done with but figure maybe if its veggies keeping me constipated and not doing well.

what do you guys think?
Old 08-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #229
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnyNikki
Stats: 198.5/192/130
Start Date: Sept 2012
HI all- can i join in? I just ordered my book and am excited! I have done stillmans before with great success which is essentially just like Attack phase in Dukan (without the oat bran). I lost a few lbs so far this summer but then got injured (hip/back issue) and couldn't even walk for two weeks I am on some meds now and am able to walk a bit better. I am only 32 way too young for this :/ I was a lowish carber for years and maintained my healthy weight of 135-145 (i am 5'4"). My "true weight" is 130, which seems like a great weight for me. The calculator gives me to next Feb 2013 to get there!! that would be amazing and I seriously want to do this!

I am going away for a 1 week vaca but am on meds so i have to eat healthy and can't drink much alcohol. I plan to eat attack-ish but not start my Day 1 until i get back and can get all the supplies i need. I started at 198.5 a month ago, today am 192. I am looking to fly into the 180's over vaca and once I am back- will re-calc my true weight but it says i should do 6 days. Im psyched!! I just hope i can get the support I need..... as my BF is against 'diets' but i feel this is a great way to shed #s and eventually transition to a 'normal' life and way of eating.

Peace all and im here to support ya too!
Goal: -2lb per week
-65 lbs by end of 2/2013
SkinnyNikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Sure Nikki! There are not many of us around a lot but we are all hanging in there! If you don't find me here you can always FB me
Old 08-04-2013, 07:29 AM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

Natosha with all your constant worries about a few ounces and counting calories etc & I know you are within a couple pounds of being a normal weight... you are thin in your pictures... I wonder if you might have mentally worked yourself into an eating disorder. Be careful hon! Talk to a professional about your concerns... they may or may not be normal... Big Hugs! and you are really not sticking to Dukan... this may not be what is right for you...

Last edited by iamfaithful; 08-04-2013 at 07:31 AM..
Old 12-31-2013, 01:52 PM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Time to get empowered for 2014

Someone contacted me about this thread getting going again.

I have been busy taking care if grankids and not myself. Have gone from 171 to 188. I don't feel well and don't fit into my 12s anymore with comfort. I won't buy larger sizes so how about we encourage one another again?

Old 01-02-2014, 08:46 AM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Hey, I am planning to start fresh since I think I went to pot and gained back most of the 28 I lost. lets get hopping again, since we know this plan WORKS~!
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:56 PM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

My biggest downfall has been taking care if the kids and not me. That stopped the other day! So far been pretty good at the walking or using my gazelle 45 minutes a day but then it has just been ONE day 😜

I made a promise to myself and I am going to keep it. Cut out about 90% of carbs and not going pp yet but will in a few days. I have ramped the protein though cause I need it for me. I have been being tired and not fixing for me or keeping it for the kids and eating something less expensive. Turned out to be more expensive cause my health was affected and that is the most costly mistake of all.

Have a blessed day & come join us at Proberbs Ministries in FB!
Old 01-04-2014, 07:33 AM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: 280/210.2/161
Start Date: Dukan 1/4/2014 Elim diet 4/27/14 Challenge 6/1/14
I'm glad to see this thread getting active again. I would enjoy a support group about now. I like a lot of Dukan's ideas and am also not feeling too great after the holidays. I'm still making my way thru his book and I'm incorporating what I can one food at a time.

So here's to some healthy 2014 habits!
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:06 AM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Happy Sunday, Dukaniestas. I had a good day one start yesterday and scale was down 2.4 lbs today. I know it's water weight mostly, but I'll take it. I do feel lighter, which I was really needing for encouragement.

I did some reading in Dukan's book and went on the website and had my True Weight calculated and the estimated time to get there. I've been trying to read past posts here also for ideas.

iamfaithful, thanks for getting this thread fired up again. I'm glad life has opened up room for you to focus on yourself now.

Purrcy'smom, I'm counting on getting good results from this plan also. It seems doable with enough variety to keep me from falling off plan.

Sue
Old 01-06-2014, 09:58 AM   #237
Senior LCF Member

There are lots of great Dukan support sites online as I look around. And older posts here are encouraging and informative also. It is said Kate Middleton and her mother are fans of Dukan. I'm having fun with the process of putting together a new woe. Today I used my oat bran for making porridge for breakfast and I liked it.

Sue
Old 01-07-2014, 09:29 AM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Loving the results I am seeing so far! 4 lbs off and feeling motivated by that. I'm still reading Dr. Dukan's book and so far things are just as he predicts. He talks about how hard yo-yo dieting is on our bodies and this has made an impression on me. He strongly urges picking a diet and how important it is to stick with it and stabilize weight once and for all. That is what I've really been wanting and I intend to make this my year to see that happen.

Sue
Old 01-07-2014, 01:14 PM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Hello RW City Sue! Welcome

Hi there, I am jumping back on. I wanted to note for Natosha- warning! When I first did my initial go round on Dukan, for the first month I was so constipated ( sorry ew) I thought I would explode. Once that leveled out, I started to lose more regularly! One thing with any woe is boredom. I got bored after a year, never did exercise, and stopped losing. Well, this is the only plan that worked at all for me since the '80's so I am jumping back on! I lost 28 lbs, but sadly put back half ( not on any woe) since last Feb. I turned 50 this year and am resolute about getting it down this year! The older posts Sue, they do have great recipes- also a GREAT place for recipes is dukanitout - I bought their book and I love most of the recipes there. Lifesavers! Checking back in later or tomorrow- this is the year we do it ladies- no more fluffing around! LOL!
Old 01-08-2014, 10:57 AM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Hi Purr y'smom thank you for the welcome. Haha agreed no more fluffing around! I love the tone of Dukan's book and all the support I've found so far. The oat bran every day has kept me more than regular, as well as the extra water I've been trying to drink. I hear what you're saying about boredom setting in. I'm trying to plan for the long haul and get in that mindset. August 28 is the date Dukan set for reaching my True Weight, then there's the two phases after that, so I am in for a good, long journey.

I have a friend whose cat looks just like your Purrcy. Beautiful. Her cat has an interesting personality also--very unique. I'm looking forward to hanging here with you and supporting each other.

Sue