Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 06:27 AM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: goddesslynne
Stats: 240/230/140 (51, 5'4", small frame)
WOE: hhcg
Start Date: 11/30/13
I'm doing my usual scale-dance...up a bit on protein/veg days, then little notches down on protein days. I'm settling in to what I think will be my pattern: protein/veg on Sunday and Thursday, and pure protein the other days. I have my aspiration/biopsy on Thursday. I actually feel great! Krissakris, I hope your energy picks up soon!!

Something must be shaking loose, because I had a major batch of break-outs on my face!! Not so good for a professional skin therapist!! LOL!!

No obstacles to success seen on the horizon!!
goddesslynne is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2013, 06:42 AM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
I'm plugging away on day 6 of my attack phase and I love this plan. I think I thought it was as strict as still mans and I've avoided it for the longest time. It's actually not that hard and I feel excellent. I've even successfully given up cheese even tho I'm allowed to have it on this plan. I am a lot less bloated which is great and I feel really good. I am very tired though but that can be from working and my workout schedule. I'm finishing up an April challenge at my barre studio or else I'd tone it down a bit. I was pretty strict this week since I had to make quick meals for work, but I made ranch pork chops tonight and it was excellent. I found a nice chicken recipe I'm going to try tomorrow while I make some lunches an dinner for the week. The whole true weight thing seems intriguing. I hope everyone is having a great weekend

iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:43 AM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goddesslynne View Post
I'm doing my usual scale-dance...up a bit on protein/veg days, then little notches down on protein days. I'm settling in to what I think will be my pattern: protein/veg on Sunday and Thursday, and pure protein the other days. I have my aspiration/biopsy on Thursday. I actually feel great! Krissakris, I hope your energy picks up soon!!

Something must be shaking loose, because I had a major batch of break-outs on my face!! Not so good for a professional skin therapist!! LOL!!

No obstacles to success seen on the horizon!!
You are doing great
Old 05-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gettin' a little tired of yoghurt+chicken or yoghurt+turkey...maybe I need to throw some canned salmon into the mix tonight!
Old 05-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
So I didn't time to prepare any veggies so it's going to be my 10th day of attack. I didn't get a chance to reread the cruise phase-is it veggies w every meal? Oh I forgot to mention I'm back in a 12 after too many 16s a few months ago. I want to be back in my 8s by my birthday in August.
krissakris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Uh oh. I ate some of hubby's milk chocolate. I actually don't know what possessed me - I felt myself doing it and knew it wasn't right.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:43 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

And, to punish me, the bathroom fairy refuses to appear. Today is a new day, back on program!! 6 weeks to my younger step-daughter's wedding...where will I be, weight-wise?
Old 05-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
So I didn't time to prepare any veggies so it's going to be my 10th day of attack. I didn't get a chance to reread the cruise phase-is it veggies w every meal? Oh I forgot to mention I'm back in a 12 after too many 16s a few months ago. I want to be back in my 8s by my birthday in August.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:30 AM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
And, to punish me, the bathroom fairy refuses to appear. Today is a new day, back on program!! 6 weeks to my younger step-daughter's wedding...where will I be, weight-wise?
You are not being punished.... it is just the protein....
that is what a laxative is for..... but not to be used often...
Old 05-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member

I was nervous about my first pv day but it's been a success so far. I had the best salad earlier an realized i have been dieting since January and this may have been my first salad-insane. It's def my first salad w out cheese and I just realizes due to low carb I always allowed myself tons of fat-bacon cheese grilled chicken and avocados were a must. Today I enjoyed chicken over romaine w mushrooms celery cucumbers egg whites scallions cucumber and broccoli. It kept me full for a while and now I'm lOoking forward to mashed cauliflower and ground turkey for dinner. is anyone cautious w dairy/cheese? I'm a cheese addict so im trying to do w it as less as possible.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:47 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Well, I seem to be in a bit of a stall. Krissakris, I don't eat any cheese yet, but I know Dukan allows 1 1/2 oz of hard cheese in Stabilization.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Well, I seem to be in a bit of a stall. Krissakris, I don't eat any cheese yet, but I know Dukan allows 1 1/2 oz of hard cheese in Stabilization.
Do you weigh in daily? Maybe you should try once a week so you don't get too caught up on the scale an the fluctuations.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Heading out to a Mexican restaurant for a BDay dinner for a close friend...I had dinner before I left so I'm not hungry, but I may have some tequila shots.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I was nervous about my first pv day but it's been a success so far. I had the best salad earlier an realized i have been dieting since January and this may have been my first salad-insane. It's def my first salad w out cheese and I just realizes due to low carb I always allowed myself tons of fat-bacon cheese grilled chicken and avocados were a must. Today I enjoyed chicken over romaine w mushrooms celery cucumbers egg whites scallions cucumber and broccoli. It kept me full for a while and now I'm lOoking forward to mashed cauliflower and ground turkey for dinner. is anyone cautious w dairy/cheese? I'm a cheese addict so im trying to do w it as less as possible.
Cheese with all the protein may do 2 things... bind you more and also slow weight loss unless it is fat free so be careful & don't leave your egg yolks out of your salads! There is so many vitamins etc in there you really do need them... & use them in your eggs as well... yolks never slowed my loss at all and helped give my body what it needed.

Quote:
Don't worry about small slow downs when you are pp/pv days... your body is adjusting... just add more protein to the days!

Hugs! all!
Old 05-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Nothing is more annoying than typing an entire response on your phone only to lose it...ghhh...now that i'm finlly on my comp i wanted to say thanks for the tips imfaithful...I actually had two eggs and some egg whites for breakfast thats why i skipped on putting hard boiled eggs into my salad...plus i'm not a fan of the yolks in hb eggs

I had a success PV day outing to the mexican restaurant...i was so pleased how easy it was to say no to everything...it wasn't tempting at all...i had two bites of ceviche and i ordered this spicy roasted chicken...I did allow myself to have some tequila and two skinny margaritas and i don't feel guilty about it at all. I rarely drink, and the last time i was on a diet i had patron shots and dropped 2lbs overnight, lol.

I need to get my PV days back to odd days since i have a trip may 17th and a work luncheon on the 7th so i'm doing protein days today and tomorrow. i can't believe i have been on this plan for two weeks pretty much cheat free and not leaning on cheese!

I also fit back into my skinny/fat jeans so that's even more encouraging. I haven't been able to wear them for a year...it was literally this time last year i was on track and i finally got in them, wore them out with my mom for mother's day and I guess i got too cocky/comfortable and 'enjoyed my summer' I ordered another workout program, i'm super motivated, feel excellent and i'm setting big goals for the summer. Based on the tw thingie, i can be at my goal by the beginning of September, so i'm lazer focused on that

sorry for the super log response, i hope you guys are having an excellent weekend
Old 05-06-2013, 07:40 AM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Old 05-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #197
Senior LCF Member

I've got a lot more ppl (finally) noticing my weight loss, I wonder if Dukan is making all te difference!?! I'm enjoying the hell out of mashed cauliflower on my pv days-it's Si good I have to remind myself not to feel guilty. I actually planned a last min trip to Tampa which makes me nervous since I won't be able to cook-but I'm going to try and pack as much meat as possible. I'm so motivated I'm not too nervous of doing any damage other than alcohol. It's hilarious I drink so rarely but the past two weeks I keep giving myself liquor allowances if necessary. I miss my workous so I need to get back to that too.

How's everyone else doing??
Old 05-08-2013, 07:19 AM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Just make smart choices on your trip and you will do fine.
I feel that if in our journey to become healthy if we fail to live while we are on the trip to health, we are in bondage like we were to the wrong food and way of life.
Live but make wise choices.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfaithful View Post

Just make smart choices on your trip and you will do fine.
I feel that if in our journey to become healthy if we fail to live while we are on the trip to health, we are in bondage like we were to the wrong food and way of life.
Live but make wise choices.
Thanks for the support...that's so excellently stated. I think the best part is this diet is really easy after you get past the initial phase I don't even worry about cheating. I'm planning on doing to pure protein dad in a row so I can have two pv days in a row since I'll def be doing dinner w my friends family. We have a suite with a fridge so that helps I will bring some of my own food like boneless pork chops, chicken and or turkey burgers just in case. I'll be home early Sunday so I'm not too worried.

I was thinking of getting single serve protein shakes (low carb low fat) thoughts?

I'm so excited to get to my goal that that motivates me more than anything. Granted its a bit of a long term goal, but I also have a BDay party in July I'd like to look good for two so my summer plans shall keep me on track. I can't believe I'm going into my 3rd week 👯👏
Old 05-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member

How is everyone doing? This board is so quiet :/. I ended up switching to just lc for the weekend, I didn't go overboard but it was def a challenge sticking strict to Dukan. I didn't realize how prepared i am during the week bc I didn't have enough food, but I made awesome choices. I'm glad to be back and back on track. I'm going to have a few protein days just bcuZ. It's so funny how this plan changes your taste buds completely. All I could think about on my flight was spinach and how I was going to prepare it dukan wise (I'm thinking of trying garlic and Greek yogurt for a creamed style. I also had stuffed mushrooms at outback and that's all I could think about for the better part of the next day. I can't believe after this week I will have a month of dukan under my belt and I am so excited. I truly feel amazing for the most part-and I'm looking forward to hitting my true weight in the upcoming months.

I hope everyone had an excellent weekend and continues to post. xo
Old 05-13-2013, 06:34 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Well, this past week hasn't been very Dukan-like for me. It started with some paycheck drama at work about 10 days ago (check not good) and just spiraled from there. I don't even want to get on the scale!! Today will be a better day, I'm prepared with the proper foods, and I WILL get back on track!!

No matter how strong I am, and how convincingly I try to talk myself out of emotional eating, every so often it gets the better of me.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:05 PM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Goddess I know exactly what you mean-emotional eatig is the hardest thing to get past. I've gotten a lot of great tips from "shrink yourself" by Robert Gould.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
Knock Knock!

This board is kinda quiet but I'm jumping in anyway.

I've been "maintaining," in the 180s for too long..I don't want to maintain in the 180s!!

I have a sloooow metabolism.. it seems I have to go above and beyond than just 'eating healthy,' in order to lose. Not getting any younger!!

I have a bday in August too!!! I'd love love love LOOOOVE to be FINALLY be at my goal weight/size. Not to mention we just did a military move to the island of Oahu in the fall. I hate wearing momkinis(shorts and tankinis) on the beach. I've never worn a bikini, ever in my life. What better place to do that than here?! It's *always* beach season here!! And shorts and tanks..I wanna feel good AND look good and STAY THAT WAY!!!

I did a diet a few years back and have kept the weight off even with a thyroid problem..so I think one more dieting phase oughta do it.

I should have started a few months ago so that I could be that much closer to my goal buuut things have been stressful trying to adjust living here and being homesick..my hubby deployed just two weeks after us getting here.

Now he will be home in 3 weeks!!!
I'm hoping that will give me a nice little jumpstart.

Then we're going home to Michigan in July..I have a whole stack of shorts that are just waiting for me to lose some inches so I can wear them
I'm not so concerned about the scale..I just want to fit in my cloths!!!

I don't think I'm going to wait until Monday..starting tomorrow!!!
betty301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Betty! I was so excited to see a new long post Dukan is awesome and you'd be surprised what great results you can have in three weeks. I'm nearing the month mark and I feel incredible and have been getting tons of comments on my results now although I've been lcing and working out since jan. Dukan was def the perfect storm for getting quick results. I actually decided to have a cheat day today only bc my body has been craving salt and such for days and I'm going to e on cruise for the better part of the summer. I'll have a few pp days and it'll be fine. How much are you looking to lose?
Old 05-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
How is everyone doing? This board is so quiet :/. I ended up switching to just lc for the weekend, I didn't go overboard but it was def a challenge sticking strict to Dukan. I didn't realize how prepared i am during the week bc I didn't have enough food, but I made awesome choices. I'm glad to be back and back on track. I'm going to have a few protein days just bcuZ. It's so funny how this plan changes your taste buds completely. All I could think about on my flight was spinach and how I was going to prepare it dukan wise (I'm thinking of trying garlic and Greek yogurt for a creamed style. I also had stuffed mushrooms at outback and that's all I could think about for the better part of the next day. I can't believe after this week I will have a month of dukan under my belt and I am so excited. I truly feel amazing for the most part-and I'm looking forward to hitting my true weight in the upcoming months.

I hope everyone had an excellent weekend and continues to post. xo
There are not many one here right now... but don't get discouraged! When I get to a computer I pop in... You are doing great!
Old 05-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #206
Senior LCF Member

I hope everyone is off to a great week! I really feel like I may need to add in some cheat days to stick this out through the long haul. I don't weigh in so that's helpful I don't really see the bounce, but I have noticed my brain working better after I've had fat. I don't want to get carried away so it won't be something I slip into every weekend but maybe once a month if need a day of carbs and maybe a weekend of fat but still no/minimal cheese, dairy carbs etc. I'm finding the biggest thing about this plan is to be prepared. I always feel weird that I always have food in my purse-I even felt like you could smell my chicken breast on the train lol but I was locked out of my house today and it saved me from having a moment of frustration and making bad choices. I even made time to cook before a day trip to Philly for my bffs graduation which was so smart since there was nothing but veggies that I could eat and after a frustrating day of traveling I would've rationalized something had it not been for the turkey burgers in my purse lol.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Today is my 30th day of Dukan and I'm do proud and excited. I usually start making major tweaks to things after week 2 but this has been really easy even w a few minor hiccups/outings. I already made my food for tomorrow and I'm still impressed by how much cooking I'm doing. I took a hot yoga class today which was quite challenging considering I've done it before. I thought I ate enough, but I felt light headed for the better part of the first half. I haven't been doing much more than walking, but I kept some of my strength grom my barre challenge last month.

Are any of you ladies on Fbook? The Dukan site is pretty active with tips/testimonials as well.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

the link to my fb page is in my signature
I am so proud of the progress you have made..
summer is here so I hope my foot problem will let me get out
to do some walking.. I have regained 12 pounds this year and need
to get it off... you are inspiring to me!
Old 05-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #209
Senior LCF Member

So glad to see you're posting again faithful! it's been way too quiet-it was beginning to feel a bit like an echo chamber in here. I hope your foot feels better soon. No worries on the 12lbs-you have the tools to drop those ASAP! I'm finally getting my appetite after being sick for the better part of yesterday. I even got my period on top of it so it's been a rough few days-but I'm still 90% on track (I'm not sure if/what is in the DayQuil, I had 4oz or so of trop50 which was 7carbs and today two and a half slices of reg bacon). I had 5 pp days last week so I'm doing two pv this weekend. It wasn't as hard as I imagined and I discovered lower sodium ham, turkey pepperoni and Canadian bacon but I didn't want to get too comfy w the processed stuff. I have a dinner w my friends this Thursday so I'm thinking a few pp days then pv for Thursday. I also heard great thinks about dandelion root tea so I ordered some and it should be here Wednesday. I'm hoping it can flush out any extra water from that TOM which should be ending about them. It's almost June which means I'm headed back to the gym after putting my membership on hold. I saw a challenge fitbet thingie online to lose 4% of your weight but it forces you to weigh in and I know mentally that only gives me head games/drama. I know I've lose a good amount jut by how I look and feel-so if it's broke it won't f&/k w it. :/

What else is new w you ladies?
Old 05-28-2013, 08:02 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Still going strong with my pp days. Today was my first of three in a row since I have dinner on Thursday night w some friends. I'm finding I don't really crave the veggies so I only have them when I feel like I need a break from the meat or I have something like a dinner or event to go to. I've been lazy this month other than walking, but I did yoga tonight and I really enjoyed it. I've been buying programs often but I'm not interested in them once I receive them lol and I'm thinking maybe I need something challenging like yoga. I like the idea of the mental aspect and the class I took last week left me surprisingly sore considering I couldn't always keep up. I like the idea of going slow and the body weight exercises so I'm challenging myself to do at least the first phase of this ultimate yogi program. It's 36 days but as of today I've done about 36 days of dukan and while it was challenging at first it became second nature so we shall see. I hope everyone is having a great mdw