Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: goddesslynne
Stats: 240/230/140 (52, 5'4", small frame)
WOE: hhcg
Start Date: 9/5/14
Today is day 9 of my attach phase. Stalled for the 2nd day in a row. This is the first day I haven't had a nice visit from the bathroom fairy.

I start Cruise on Thursday!!

I'm really hoping some Dukan followers will join me, I could really use the support!!

Yesterdays menu was:

hard boiled egg with oat bran
turkey with ff cream cheese
tuna with ff greek yoghurt and a bit of chopped dill pickle
water, water, water! also 1 cup of coffee and 2 cups of mint tea (unsweetened)

It's been challenging for me to get my walk in every day.

<<<avi taken a few weeks before my 50th birthday at 165lbs!!
goddesslynne is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2013, 07:33 AM   #152
Senior LCF Member

I seem to have settled into a bit of a pattern with Attack Phase: a couple of days of stall, then a little whoosh! Down another 1.6lbs!!

Tomorrow is the big day, the beginning of the Cruise Phase! Oh how I can't wait for some veggies!!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Sounds like you're doing good!! I'm not doing Dukan at the moment, but I really enjoyed it when I did. Lost 30 pounds in a few months.

Keep up the good work!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Lenise!!
Old 04-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
goddesslynne if you like oatmeal
just put some oat bran in a bowl and cover with HOT water
Let it set until it has softened & absorbed water (sorry I just always eyeballed it)
Makes it easy to eat like oatmeal you can add sweetner cinnamon etc...
Hope this helps

OH and I pop in here every week or so ~ Keep going A lot of us have had wonderful successes!
Think about joining the Honey Badger Challenge... you don't have to be on a particular plan but Amber did Dukie for almost a year
She is very knowledgeable and helpful. Also they are a very active and supportive group.. Have fun there! But post here too! I like to follow winners!

2013-The Year of the Skinny Honey Badgers!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 04-13-2013 at 02:01 PM..
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfaithful View Post
goddesslynne if you like oatmeal
just put some oat bran in a bowl and cover with HOT water
Let it set until it has softened & absorbed water (sorry I just always eyeballed it)
Makes it easy to eat like oatmeal you can add sweetner cinnamon etc...
Hope this helps

OH and I pop in here every week or so ~ Keep going A lot of us have had wonderful successes!
Think about joining the Honey Badger Challenge... you don't have to be on a particular plan but Amber did Dukie for almost a year
She is very knowledgeable and helpful. Also they are a very active and supportive group.. Have fun there! But post here too! I like to follow winners!

2013-The Year of the Skinny Honey Badgers!
Thanks for the oat bran tip!!

Well, I'm down a whole 10lbs, today is day 14. Very pleased!! I'll go check out the honey badgers thread!
Old 04-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Way to go!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goddesslynne View Post
Thanks for the oat bran tip!!

Well, I'm down a whole 10lbs, today is day 14. Very pleased!! I'll go check out the honey badgers thread!
Great going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinggrace911 View Post
Way to go!!!
Hey! Good to see you still hanging in there.. Lots going on here at home and feeding the kids etc has put me up 12 over my lowest... I am maintaining... however, in the next few weeks the kids will be eating what I eat. And just as soon as I can stock my kitchen for me I will be doing PP for about 5 days to reset my body... I got rid of all my 14 clothes in favor of 12 & so I have to do something fast!
Old 04-17-2013, 04:49 PM   #159
Senior LCF Member

I'm down below 170 now!! Yahoo!! Really want to get back on an eating plan so I can start losing more steadily. Can't believe it has been almost two years ago when I first started Dukan. Time sure does fly!! 60 pounds gone now!!!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinggrace911 View Post
I'm down below 170 now!! Yahoo!! Really want to get back on an eating plan so I can start losing more steadily. Can't believe it has been almost two years ago when I first started Dukan. Time sure does fly!! 60 pounds gone now!!!
Congrats! I love new decades!!

I'm inching down, 187.6 today!! Today is pro/veg day. I've decided to do pro/veg on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday, throwing in an extra pure protein day on Saturday. This way I can always have pro/veg on my days off.

I'd love to be in the 170's by May 1!!

I want to share something that I'm doing that is truly enhancing my experience, I hope it's ok to mention. I'm listening to meditation/hypnosis recordings at night!! I use some by a man named Giovanni Lordi. He has a smartphone app (free) and then you buy the recordings. They are quite a bit more affordable than cd's and mp3's from others, and I think they're great!!
Old 04-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Congrats! I love new decades!!

I'm inching down, 187.6 today!! Today is pro/veg day. I've decided to do pro/veg on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday, throwing in an extra pure protein day on Saturday. This way I can always have pro/veg on my days off.

I'd love to be in the 170's by May 1!!

I want to share something that I'm doing that is truly enhancing my experience, I hope it's ok to mention. I'm listening to meditation/hypnosis recordings at night!! I use some by a man named Giovanni Lordi. He has a smartphone app (free) and then you buy the recordings. They are quite a bit more affordable than cd's and mp3's from others, and I think they're great!!
Sounds good I listen to Lee Stoneking preaching videos on You-tube
Old 04-21-2013, 09:24 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Plugging away! 186.6...but I've been stuck here for a few days!! I'm praying for a whoosh!! I had two pure protein days in a row, Friday and Saturday. Today is pro/veg. I'm going to continue this as I always want my days off work (Thurs. and Sun.) to be pro/veg.

The bathroom fairy has been soooooo stingy!! But, she's been here just about every day, so I'm grateful! And, the "hot cereal" style oat bran is a lifesaver!!

Yesterday's menu was an entire container of 0% Fage, with canned salmon at lunch and beef at dinner. I had a mid-afternoon snack of just yoghurt. Water intake is spot-on.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Yummm.... I switched from Fage to Chobani plain... The taste is less harsh and it is less expensive... You are doing good... If the bathroom fairy doesn't deliver a big package consider a laxative.... every now and then it will make you more comfortable while your body adjusts...
Old 04-22-2013, 07:29 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Ack!! UP after a protein/veg day yesterday. 187.4. Could I really be retaining that much water just from a couple of salads and some cooked veggies? So very discouraging, especially since I just found out that I have a very special family wedding to attend in 1 month!!
Old 04-22-2013, 07:34 AM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ack!! UP after a protein/veg day yesterday. 187.4. Could I really be retaining that much water just from a couple of salads and some cooked veggies? So very discouraging, especially since I just found out that I have a very special family wedding to attend in 1 month!!
Yes, It is exactly possible to retain that much water in a day! Believe it or not drink your weight in ounces of water (fluid ounces) or as close as you can come to it - at least half! That will push fluid from your body and watch the salt content! Don't get discouraged! You can do this! I only concern myself when a gain stays for a week. Ladies have a tough time with hormones, TOM and just water retention in general... YOU CAN DO THIS!
Old 04-23-2013, 07:08 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Up again, 187.6 after a protein day. Grrrrr!!!
Old 04-23-2013, 08:19 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SookieMama
Stats: In 112 VLCD / -66 lb's / now P4 & -6.2
WOE: HCG RX injections
Start Date: February 7,2013
Hi everyone, new to this thread but want to jump in with a question.

I am currently doing a marathon rx HCG injection round that will end up being a little over 100 days. It will end May 24 and I am taking two months off and will resume in August. During my break I want to keep on losing if I can, so I am thinking about doing the Dukan diet. Do any of you have experience going from HCG to the Dukan diet? If so were you successful on the Dukan diet?
SookieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Oh my! I remember someone back in the other threads that are in the 1st post here but I can not remember who it was! I am so sorry. There are not many from the older threads that are still hanging around. Either they went to something new or like myself have become stabilized. I just come here to encourage y'all! You might look back but there is a lot of reading there... it would be in the later threads...

A lot of us were successful and I can tell you I am one of them. Right now I eat what ever I desire... the desire for stuff I used to eat is gone. I have had a change in living arrangements so my grocery $$ are going to help my grandkids and son - we are all living together now. So in changing the way I eat to accommodate circumstances I gained back about 10lbs... I am not concerned as I know how to peal it off this summer and then keep it off.... Dukan works! but not necessarily for all... give it a try it may be the best thing you did for your body... it was for mine!
Old 04-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Up again, 187.6 after a protein day. Grrrrr!!!
Don't Grrrr.... Stay off the scale daily! It is frustrating! Just look at it weekly, same time, same day in the morning after the bathroom and before you eat! Friday is usually the best!
Old 04-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Today is day two for me. I'm finding planning is everything. Happy Tuesday everyone
krissakris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:13 AM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Yay, down a little!! 185.8!! I know, there is a lot of wisdom in not weighing every day, but I really need the feedback! I learned something important: veggies cause a bit of a bounce, restaurant food is salty, and I can't really afford to add much salt at home. I know Dr. Dukan cautions against using too much salt, and now I can really see that I DO react to it. I never noticed it before, but I've always liked fairly salty food.

One interesting thing I've also noticed is that by using less salt food isn't so "sexy" and I just lose interest and am done eating.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:05 AM   #172
Senior LCF Member

OK, need some advice, ladies: I have some "events" coming up over the next few months, and I don't believe I'll be out of the CRUISE phase by then. On May 19 my younger step-daughter is getting married. On July 7 I'm having a birthday party for my hubby and friends at home, followed by a week vacation at a condo. On Sept. 4 it's my birthday. I'm having a thought about having a single "celebration meal" on each of these days. I'm struggling with the idea that this is technically cheating, but I also am having a thought that since I'm releasing so much weight (it will be over 50 lbs. when I reach goal) that a tiny re-feed might actually be helpful.

Is this me just justifying cheating? Do you think this will be very harmful?

I need feedback and thoughts, please.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:03 PM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OK, need some advice, ladies: I have some "events" coming up over the next few months, and I don't believe I'll be out of the CRUISE phase by then. On May 19 my younger step-daughter is getting married. On July 7 I'm having a birthday party for my hubby and friends at home, followed by a week vacation at a condo. On Sept. 4 it's my birthday. I'm having a thought about having a single "celebration meal" on each of these days. I'm struggling with the idea that this is technically cheating, but I also am having a thought that since I'm releasing so much weight (it will be over 50 lbs. when I reach goal) that a tiny re-feed might actually be helpful.

Is this me just justifying cheating? Do you think this will be very harmful?

I need feedback and thoughts, please.
I'm kind of a newbie to Dukan but I find refeeds help and don't feel guilty about it. It's better to have it planned than to get frustrated and have an emotional binge free for all. I was doing meat and eggs fr the better part of march into April and was getting frustrated and took the past few weekends off. I ate crazily but as of this Monday it def helped my resolve to actually commit to Dukan 110%. I'm only on day 4 but feel amazing and so proud how my clothes fit and that I haven't had cheese. Sorry to go on a tangent, but I say go for it.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
I'm kind of a newbie to Dukan but I find refeeds help and don't feel guilty about it. It's better to have it planned than to get frustrated and have an emotional binge free for all. I was doing meat and eggs fr the better part of march into April and was getting frustrated and took the past few weekends off. I ate crazily but as of this Monday it def helped my resolve to actually commit to Dukan 110%. I'm only on day 4 but feel amazing and so proud how my clothes fit and that I haven't had cheese. Sorry to go on a tangent, but I say go for it.
I knew I recognized you!! The meat and egg thread!!

Thanks for the support!! I think I can do it!! Obviously, I will not go overboard, but, for now, the celebrations are really that important.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Life is all about making CHOICES! Even when you go to special events and vacations you can still make wise choices. They may not necessarily be on "plan" or like I refer to things as a WOE (way of eating for life) but you can make wise choices! Don't overdo or just let it all go while attending these things. Don't deprive yourself of fun but remember every choice will affect your body.

For example eating a lot of carbs may start a carb craving again, drinking with friends may cause a lot of bloating etc and you may have to "pay the piper" when you return.
I tell everyone MAKE WISE CHOICES AND HAVE FUN! If you live your whole life afraid to live what is the use of being healthy. HEALTHY CHOICES ARE WISE ONES! Never have a guilt feeling for anything you do... but remember if you make poor choices you will have to adjust. Everything we do is a learning experience... this time is one of them. Soon you will know what you can and cant do.... But live your life with out guilt! Just learn from poor choices and try to not repeat them... Blessings!
Old 04-27-2013, 07:36 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

You're so right!! I'm planning on a "celebration meal" ala Dr. Dukan: 1 starter, 1 main course, 1 dessert and 1 glass of wine. The more I think about it, the more I'm certain it will be fine. I will make the best choices of what's available. Especially at the wedding, I don't want it to be about me, so I won't make any special requests. If there are things that would trigger me, or that I truly don't believe are good for me (pasta comes to mind) I will just skip it. I'll stash something in an ice chest in the car in case of food emergency!!

Thank you so much for the wise words and support!!

I have to share something else, I'm feeling very proud of myself. In the last 2 weeks I've had 2 sets of mammograms - and next week I'm having a biopsy. After the 2nd mammo appt. I was feeling very weak...that "f-it I'll eat chocolate" feeling. But, I didn't do it, and I'm down a bit this morning after a protein day yesterday. 185.2.

Yes, I can't seem to resist daily weighing!!
Old 04-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

You Go girl! I think I will join you back on Dukie! I will start my PP days tomorrow... I have to start sometime why not now.. Ok there is the commitment! We are on!
Goal! Stay in the 160s anywhere there!
Old 04-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member

I'm plugging away on day 6 of my attack phase and I love this plan. I think I thought it was as strict as still mans and I've avoided it for the longest time. It's actually not that hard and I feel excellent. I've even successfully given up cheese even tho I'm allowed to have it on this plan. I am a lot less bloated which is great and I feel really good. I am very tired though but that can be from working and my workout schedule. I'm finishing up an April challenge at my barre studio or else I'd tone it down a bit. I was pretty strict this week since I had to make quick meals for work, but I made ranch pork chops tonight and it was excellent. I found a nice chicken recipe I'm going to try tomorrow while I make some lunches an dinner for the week. The whole true weight thing seems intriguing. I hope everyone is having a great weekend
Old 04-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Yay!! We have a good little group!!
Old 04-29-2013, 07:43 PM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Day 8 and I am exhausted but otherwise feeling good. I took a break from my barre class today and just settled for walking two and from work (both 20 min fast paced NYC walking). Considering I'm pmsing I don't feel bloated and pretty exellent. The scales make me nutty but I wish I knew how much I lost bc I feel like I'm having a huge loss