Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Laura - I am sorry you lost your frenemy but maybe she was not the friend you needed.

Please dont stress about those few pounds! After the kids moved it I jumped (ok slid) to 176 from 168! I just did what I knew I should & didnt do anything radical (sometimes when we do that we are too hard on ourselves & loose the skirmish treating it like all out war! In about 10 days I was right back without starting on the attack... However, since it has been a while about 3 days attack is probably all your body will need to become a protein seaking source again! We are pulling for you!

Paranoid! That goes for you too!
Amazing! Ditto!

iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2012, 10:25 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Northeast

hello all, writing to you here from the eye of the storm- sending prayers to all that you are safe and dry with your loved ones...
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Glasd to see you are safe... wondering about the others... so many on the east coast line... Hugs!
Old 11-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

We are truly blessed. Amidst the devastation around us in NJ our home remained high and dry- we only lost some small parts of trim off of our house.. so lucky. So So lucky. Please say prayers for our little state of NJ!
Old 11-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Old 11-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrcy'smom View Post
We are truly blessed. Amidst the devastation around us in NJ our home remained high and dry- we only lost some small parts of trim off of our house.. so lucky. So So lucky. Please say prayers for our little state of NJ!
Glad to hear you are okay!!!! So much devastation!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Thank you everyone for your continuing prayers. Also, I know times are tight, but if anyone even has a 5 dollar bill to spare, please consider donating to the Petco drive or the RESCUE HAL site- so many displaced animals separated from their owners- injured, and needy and, some may say, why help the animals when people are in need?? and of course, the reply is, by helping the animals, you ARE helping their owners - greatly- I would die a thousand deaths if one of my beloveds were out in that storm, lost, afraid, hurt and in danger... so this effort greatly helps both the people and animals in the crippled areas! Petco Foundation Reaches Out to Hurricane Sandy Victims | The Petco Scoop Blog and then also:

Visit us on the web at halrescue.org
"Like" us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/HomelessAnimalLifelineNJ
Dear Friend:

Sometimes we need an individual face and story for something to really hit home. Here's Andrew's story. He gave permission for his photo and story to be shared with Homeless Animal Lifeline (HAL) friends.

Andrew left Seaside Heights, NJ with just the clothes on his back, his wife, and his pets. He has not been able to return to Seaside Heights yet and has no idea what he is even returning to - Hurricane Sandy has completely devastated the area. Besides ravaging beaches, the storm swept entire neighborhoods away.

HAL volunteer Michelle found Andrew shopping for pet supplies in PetSmart today. He has nothing, but is making sure that his pets are provided for. Because of your donations, Michelle was able to contribute toward his purchases. She also took his phone number and hopes to be able to provide him with more supplies in the near future.

This is how your donations are used. We do not "sit on" funds. We are a small all-volunteer 501c3 nonprofit that is using every dollar you give us during the recovery efforts to purchase vital supplies for people like Andrew, who are more concerned for their pets than for themselves.

We are asking everyone who reads this email to please consider donating just $1.00. It doesn't sound like much but - if everyone who sees this email did just that - we would have funds to help many people and their pets. Things taken for granted, such as a food bowl or a litter scooper, are now precious commodities for some.
If you are able, you can donate via PayPal.com to email address RescueHAL@aol.com or via postal service to HAL, PO Box 237, Manalapan, NJ 07726. A receipt for tax purposes will be provided upon request.
Let others know about Andrew and people like him who urgently need your assistance. Malls are regaining power, people are out shopping, and others - like Andrew - are trying to simply survive.

Thank you for reading, for your prayers, good thoughts, and your compassion.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Hi there, I hope I did not scare everyone away with that last post? I apologize. Is this still an ongoing thread?
Old 01-07-2013, 09:12 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: obraxton
Stats: 260/189/142
WOE: bariatric sleeve/high protein-low sugar
Start Date: WLS/Sleeve/5-9-11
Yes, if there is an ongoing thread please direct me to it thanks so much!
obraxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

This is the thread.... I just havent posted because I figured everyone was busy! We had been doing one a month but things slowed to a crawl & I thought one was all we needed so we didnt have to jump around..

OK ladies jump in when you want... I check the computer every couple of days!
Hang in there!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: obraxton
Stats: 260/189/142
WOE: bariatric sleeve/high protein-low sugar
Start Date: WLS/Sleeve/5-9-11
I am trying to hang in there. It's been a very long time since I went the correct way, low carb. I am getting married in less than 10 weeks, and I want to be at 160lbs. I really could use some help and support, as well as I need to stay on board and not give up. Officially this is day 1 of 3 in Attack, but it's been very hard! I used to be so much better at this Currently I weight 182lbs.
obraxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:28 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

2013-The Year of the Skinny Honey Badgers!

Come on over & join this very active challenge... weigh in day on Friday & there is a spread sheet where you post what the scale says.. they always post a link for the spread sheet. You are welcomed to join! Not only you but anyone else that wants encouragement & accountability outside of this thread.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:19 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

I haven't been doing Dukan at all. More or less striving to eat less. I've been losing slowly, but it is staying off. Might need to get back on a plan in order to get down into the 170's and stay there.

Nighty night!
Old 01-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Lensie, good to see you here...
You are really looking well & glad you found what is working for you..
Since I have become a full time gramma I put myself on the back burner & need to spend my $ on the kids for their food so have been off plan since Sept... dont like the increase of about 8-10 but I am still in te 12s and not going up...
I havent been walking so getting that in every day again & hope to see things improve over time...
SLOW & STEADY GETS THE JOB DONE!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:59 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

I've been eating too much this week. Really need to do a protein day to get myself focused again. I find that helps quite a bit.

Can't wait to get down to 175. That is the lowest weight I got to ten years ago when I first lost weight. The goal this year is to get to 164. That takes me to the high end of the healthy weight range for me. It's not really that far off!!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:07 PM   #46
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nanediniz
Stats: 231/218/145 5'6''
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: December/2012
I am a newbie. Would like to find some fellows on Dukan Diet to share experiences. Is anyone still on the diet around here? If not, could someone indicate where can I look? Thank you!
Oh and by the way, on 17 days on Dukan I am already plateau...

Last edited by nanediniz; 01-17-2013 at 09:20 PM..
nanediniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

I don't know if anyone is on it right now or not. I've been thinking about starting again, but haven't quite decided. Though I did go to the store and get my ff yogurt and ff milk. And I have meat. The hard thing for me to give up is cheese.

Ask whatever questions and maybe I can answer or someone else will pop in and help!
Old 01-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chalagurl
Stats: 245/240(16 weeks pregnant)/130
WOE: JUDDD
I am on it nanediniz! Have been following it 9 days so far. In the last 3 months I have stalled on Atkins and calorie counting. I couldn't get below 220. After 2 days on Dukan, I weighed 215! I was floored!!! If you are at a plateau, I recommend doing 3 days of just protein, basically Attack phase, until you beat the plateau. Then go back to your rotations, of PP and PV days. Good luck!
Chalagurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Just had my yogurt and oat bran mix. I'd forgotten how refreshing it tastes. Making burgers and chicken sausage for dinner tonight. Lunch will probably be scrambled eggs and turkey. I work night shift so my menus can be screwy.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Lensie I stop in every now and then... your picture is amazing

Jump back in & encourage & get encouraged from the new faces here...
I check in about once a week to see if there are new posts...

Chalagurl & Nanediniz to this thread... some of us old timers still hang around!
Old 01-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Thanks! I need to take a new picture cause that one was about 15 pounds ago.

Back to work tonight. Not ready!!! lol

Have a great weekend!!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Old 01-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
Hey I'm back on here if anyone wants to join me! I am going to attempt Dukan again and hopefully I don't stray too much. I do enjoy this diet very much and I love that it doesn't involve counting carbs or calories or anything. I want to stay pretty strict to the doctor's parameters but find that I have to add in bits of fat to keep myself in line so I'll be keeping my HWC in my coffee and using bits of butter to cook/add flavor. Also playing around with the idea of substituting a protein day here and there with Greek yogurt days once in awhile just to mix it up(always have super duper success with those) so though I know some of these things are not allowed in the original plan I am going to tailor this diet to make it work for me.
So now, the main challenge is: Going out to dinner on Friday night for my best friend's 30th birthday to the CHEESECAKE factory of all places. Took a look at the menu and my word - cheesecake and desserts galore. Eating a salad or steak won't be a problem but may have to split a piece of cheesecake with my boyfriend or friend. Especially since I've never been there before I think I may have to have a little taste
Also, I should add that I lost about 6 pounds during my attack phase last time. Then of course the holidays came and that all flew out the window.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:29 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunshinegirl44
Stats: 339/298/115
Start Date: June 2013
Testing out Dukan diet

I haved been looking at this WOE and thought I might give it a try Thought I might try to mix this up with my JUDDD and see how it goes I have been off the reservation of any diet since the holidays but I need to get back into the saddle big time I like anything that is easy on the budget and simple This looks like both Eggs, chicken, and I love vanilla greek yogurt Does anyone know if turkey bacon or sugar free jello is allowed Thanks
Sunshinegirl44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:54 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
Sunshine - I am not sure about the jello but I would say yes, especially on protein/veggie days, and probably yes to turkey bacon as well. Although I think the real key to success on any 'diet' is making it doable 'for you.' So I would say if you want to eat those two things, go for it since they are low carb, and sugar free! This diet would also be perfect with JUDDD since there is a rotation of foods anyway. Good idea!
My attack phase got interrupted because my Mom, the corruptor of all corruptors, made me a hot milk cake that I've been wanting her to make since forever and before I got back on the low carb wagon (I am a horrible baker so I hand off recipes to her!). So I had to have a piece. Not going to let a piece of cake slip me up so today got right back on the saddle again! Yay! Now still dreading yet can't wait for my Cheesecake Factory experience. Wah.
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:51 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
i want to begin. i just want to know how much=too much.. my problem is appetite and love making chicken and broth with herbs.LOV MEAT...

how much is too much.. i can gobble 3 cornish game hens easily in a day or many leg quaters or turkey burgers and cottage cheese.. should i restrict calories like on atkins? and when can i tell if its not working?
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Ladies, I just want to let you know we appreciate you jumping in...
I am on maintenance and check in about once a week to see if anyone is joining in the conversation.
If you look at the first post you will see loads of information you can glean from... I highly recommend reading through some of the posts from August 2011 forward for lots of good advise from others that have walked this way successfully...
Lensie has been here off and on & I see her name on the top of this page! She has lots of good information as well
One thing is never allow yourself to get hungry
Second, keep plenty of healthy protein sources in your fridge or cabinet all the time
No you can not overdose on protein but your body will have a tendency to get clogged as it is learning to process protein
A little fat is ok just dont overdo... many found that too much cheese slowed them to a stop
Greek yogurt is a FANTASTIC protein source just be sure to buy the plain, you can add SF jello to it or Crystal Lite for flavoring... but stay away from the vanilla... I add vanilla and stevia to mine if I want vanilla, which is often
Dont get frustrated just take it one day at a time and you too will be a success story!
Did I say to keep a laxative around?
Drink plenty of water
Get in your 20-30 minutes of exercise or just plain old walking every day
Dont restrict your calories DONT EVEN COUNT THEM! Just watch the fats & sugars... as a matter of fact dont eat anything with sugar! As opposed as I am to artificial sweeteners USE THEM! At least until you get to maintenance AND YOU WILL!
A little fat goes a long way so make sure your meats are LEAN...NOT LIKE ATKINS!
VCO in moderation is a very good thing to use as it burns like protein and has MCT in it which is good... but remember the word moderation.

to the begining of a new way of life for you! Enjoy the journey, come post often and encourage one another. I will try to pop in more often to check your progress.

Ya'll might like to post here and also join the Honey Badger Challenge... it has been going on for a year... some Dukaniestas are there but some are using other plans or have modified this plan to suite thier needs... There is a weekly Friday weigh in and you post it on a spread page the link is always posted by Amber usually on Fridays so you can just click on it and post to keep track of your progress. Here is the link & GOOD LUCK!
Old 02-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

BTW IMO
Diets dont work but a WOE (way of eating) for your health will. You will see so many healthy changes take place in your body if you stick with this you will be amazed!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunshinegirl44
Stats: 339/298/115
Start Date: June 2013
Thanks for the tips guys really helpful I will give this a go
Sunshinegirl44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Sunshinegirl WTG...
Jump in with the Honey Badgers (Link I think is up above somewhere) It is a good way to keep track of your weight weekly and be accountable to more in a larger group while following this plan. Amber was here for a while so she understands the plan as well.. I have seen others there... You dont have to post a lot but encouragement from others is really nice and you are not so alone..
OK here is the link again for everyone! But stay with use here so we can help eachother with Dukan...