Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2014, 05:58 AM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: 280/214.4/161
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: 1/4/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeBloom View Post
I am past the weak feeling stage and it's almost second nature...

Hang in there everyone, it's almost February!!!
All right, Dee. Yeah for getting past that first stage! I'm not to that feeling of it being second nature to me yet. I'm still putting in energy and focus.

Have a great Wednesday everyone.

Sue
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2014, 06:06 AM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Natosha, down a lb every 2 days sounds great. My body is holding on again this week. My pattern seems to be bounce around a while and then have a whoosh I think I'm retaining water also right now--too much sodium while having to eat out until the kitchen is finished. Oh well, all part of my journey...

Sue
Old 01-29-2014, 06:18 AM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
thats true, my big scare to stay away from salt tho would love to have saltier items which tho seem more full fat then having chicken breast and pork loin and egg whites lol.. which i love but craving now like creamy fattyness lol.. Even when had salt of cottage cheese for creamyness in the past the taste was ok but still missed fat lol.. I guess i feel this way when its in middle of the night but I don't seem to have much after a meal. However I do miss being able to eat some cheddar cheese or fried whole eggs and roasted chicken lol.. I think I always was a big fan of moderate fat in some way, my protein would still be high but my fat not too much because I'd go to town eating possibly when doing a typical low carb like.

3-4 eggs with 3 strips bacon low salt or turkey

lunch/dinner whole store roasted chicken (sometimes lucky get a non seasoned type)

and be good for the day lol full..

However guesss just missing now a little fat or so even if it wasn't much to begin with when I did in the past figure I would like to eat without thinking about calories in some way as well. However right now it seems as they tend to be still near 1500 or under but normally i would be super hungry until did a carb refeed helped with adrenal gland and fix all issues to make me realize appetite better with low carb I guess lol..

I just wonder if i'd ever have chance to do some fat lol or keep low fat so can not worry about excessive eating at time.
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:29 AM   #304
Senior LCF Member

but even tho i lost alot of bloated weight and water weight doubt fat lol but its fun when i can see my ring i've been wearing flying off easily or having to turn over my pjs on the top to have it a bit double strong on spandex because they are getting too loose lol
Old 01-29-2014, 09:31 AM   #305
Senior LCF Member

I had some odd question on my mind tho.. if for high protein lean its like calories don't matter then if u add in fat to what ur eating as of now does the fat only calories really count so for example if you eat 1400-1600 calories of lean protein sources for example and then add in fat like cream cheese/butter/higher fatty meat source meats like ribs and fatty pork loins etc.. and cheese or just any fat animal source like whole eggs as well.. I wonder will it prob help with weight loss causing a burst of energy since all fat is energy on low carb and allows body burn fat and add metabolism boosting without gain since ur protein is still super high in the amount you take in ..Hope makes sense lol

sortof like your having 290-320 grams protein daily then you add in some fat and since protein still high and fat is added but not super high will it cause weight to still do well? As a meat and fat diet lol or meat and egg lol

I heard some have better luck like one lady who had been eating 1500 for a week and lost 2lbs but next week upped to 2000-2100 and lost 5 lbs that week wonder if thats possible? ty
Old 01-29-2014, 12:57 PM   #306
Senior LCF Member

hope not destroying my diet but adding in 500 cals extra to each plate so my normal 1500-1600 day be 2000-2100... just super weak n hungrier now being no added fat and lean for almost a week
Old 01-29-2014, 04:58 PM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Natosha, I eat extra protein if I'm feeling hungry. I keep nitrite free turkey slices always in the fridge and they're easy to grab for a snack. I make roll-ups with them with a little mustard, or sometimes have a pickle with them. 1 tsp of oil or other fat is what's called a tolerated food on Dukan and u could have that once/day unless u see a slowing or stall in losing. That may help with ur hunger for fat.

I found no fat cheddar cheese at my grocery store and every now and then I sprinkle a bit into an omelette. I've gotten ideas from recipes online and in books I've gotten. U could use nonfat sour cream for that creamy taste ur looking for. I get the Greek yogurt sour cream blend. Also there is nonfat cream cheese and there are pudding recipes out there also. I make a quick pudding out of plain nonfat Greek yogurt and add stevia and a tsp of cocoa that is a tolerated food. I also fry my eggs in the spray olive oil and it barely coats the pan put does give a bit of a fried taste to foods.

My own idea about Dukan being low fat is to learn a different way of eating that will help keep the weight off long term. As for calories, I think it's a psychological thing to not have to count them. I've noticed the same thing with eating more and then seeing the scale move. My own take on it is that the body sometimes has to be tricked into letting go if it has gone into a famine mode and is conserving every calorie. Dukan talks a little about this in his books. If someone has done a lot of dieting and yo-yoing over the years, that can slow down the rate of loss.

I think it's important to find ways to be satisfied with the plan so I can stick with it because I have a ways to go until August when it's projected I will reach True Weight. Oftentimes, I try to use my instincts and I've sort of learned to read signals my body gives during losing and plateau periods.

I loosely track calories on an online tracker and some days I'm not hungry and am busy so I eat very little. Other days I'm hungry, so I eat more so as not to feel deprived. I know from Dukan's books, he is big on his plan being a lifestyle plan. So the challenge is to personalize it to work for our unique situations. Hope this gives you some ideas.

Hang in there, you are doing great!

Sue
Old 01-29-2014, 05:08 PM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
but even tho i lost alot of bloated weight and water weight doubt fat lol but its fun when i can see my ring i've been wearing flying off easily or having to turn over my pjs on the top to have it a bit double strong on spandex because they are getting too loose lol
These are the sorts of things that keep me going and not give up when I'm not seeing the scale move. It feels great to have a flatter stomach and be able to get sox on easier and see clothes get looser.

Sue
Old 01-29-2014, 05:31 PM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Natosha, meant to ask if you're eating the oat bran? I find it makes a huge difference for me. I've been having the Dukan bars this week just to make things easier for me. Some of the coconut almond bars just arrived from Netrition yesterday and they are almost too good. Gets me thru if I'm having a hungry time in the afternoons in particular.

Sue
Old 01-29-2014, 05:35 PM   #310
Senior LCF Member

True I dived in cause I didn't want be lean for ever and well my appearance dry skin with out fat noticing as well like lack energy since I don't have much fat on the body to dropjust water weight figure since albs away to add in some fat so my normal 19 grams r less is near 39 grams today with two tblspoons cream cheese. As much fun it I'd like to stay lean it's very drying and I don't want to rely on so much extra salt low fat foods that have added carbs or sugars to make them non fat. I guess want to find a balance since in past deny myself = binging on garbage lol. Plus even with non fat dairy products I still crave fat since it's not same as food with it then just a plain stuff tried many in past and never worked. So I am really well since near goal figure good time introduce so I don't end up eating lean for ever I want to be that blogger who can share tasty pics of burgers with cheddar and mushrooms or some blue cheese sauce homemade for oven roasted wings. Lol guess I miss being able to make low carb look better then white breast boiled r pork loin n whites lol. But I figure great way to test the waters is to try adding in maybe like in the past I will drop weight better r same without denying something tasty that crave lol cause I did use eat so much and still stay lean all fat n protein equally still tho protein topped it all so might work now. My plan is to keep protein highness fat as moderate since my energy be restored and beauty as well less dryness all over plus add to taste lol... But see what happens lol I mean right now I feel as if lost to my near goal range which fine as well so losing 3 won't bother me too much If it seems to be not helping I will just go back lean lol r play around with it some lol

Ty<3
Old 01-30-2014, 04:58 AM   #311
Senior LCF Member

Today started off with lean and added fat like plan.. Chicken breast with egg white pancake ( mainly flat egg white frittat or what looks like pancakes lol ) makes great wrap for the meal and cream cheese 1oz

so far delicious..... One plus I had was that Normally when I have to use the bathroom I'm in cramps with just meat however with the fat I didn't have any problem with going no pain which is a relief one thing hate in the morning olol and normally be weight prob pound down but looked like half till I figure after I drank some liquid I had alot liquid and waste from protein still on its way out lol so I probably fine lol ( Sorry TMI) However I do feel happier and better, to have some flavor to the food. Planning for my shopping trip tomorrow as welll. today be more calories but hoping to keep my body digesting at higher amount then a lower cause then that just not going keep me going lol. to be able to run better in the morning was a plus too even for a short amount time it is wonderful to have energy again so far I think its going well Hope everyone is doing great today and staying warm ...My house is like at a 51degrees.. and this is with my heater which isn't working great lol.. 3degrees low out today... so sleeping in freezing room is also horrible as well. HOpe its warm where you all are at.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:37 AM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Sorry for your cold weather, natosha. Where do u live? The upside is we burn more calories trying to stay warm

I've been doing well with staying on plan. I'm making some adjustments this week in food choices. I'm having eggs more often during the week than usual and switching my yogurts to Chobani's plain nonfat. I've been using the fruit ones once and sometimes twice a day. I want to see if the scale shows any difference if I switch. I got some pure stevia from Dukan. It's better tasting than other brands I had around and have been using up.

I haven't been able to cook as much without the stove so I haven't made the shirataki spaghetti I was having more often earlier in the month. I feel like I was losing better when I had it regularly so I will try and make it in the microwave this next week. And I had cut back on beef but am going to eat more this week also.

I want to push through to end my first month on Dukan with better results. This last week has been slow going but I am feeling stronger and my motivation is still good.

I would love to hear how everyone else is doing out there

Sue

Last edited by RW City Sue; 01-31-2014 at 02:40 AM..
Old 01-31-2014, 04:10 AM   #313
Senior LCF Member

YES YES YES!! OK THE OTHER DAY sorry for caps I was probably only half pound off from when changing to fat lol and today whole pound down so

31st and 3lbs off with adding more fat calories making near 2000calories and fat at every meal lol yippie lol

I notice from my past and diet approach i can't live high fat since i don't have much fat more of its water weight but i can live moderate fat and feel good and energized which i don't cramp to use the bathroom and i have energy to work out no weak tired achy all day feel plus healing of the skin///And easier to digest faster it elimnates faster then protein in the body.. Cool going stick to that

notice its like ration of 70% protein 300-350 grams having about 50-60 grams fat about 25-27% and 3% carbs lol range lol but so far guess my body had time to get use to it yeah lol new start ..Glad to be meat eater because with carbs I was like heavier at this amount food and not eating fat lol and breaking out etc.. I was low fat vegan and sluggish and not energized now I'm energized and feel great and don't need as much sleep as i though i'm wide away daily without feeling need to sleep lol... glad to be back to what I love.. Everyone stay warm I'll be back soon to chat just got up lol
Old 01-31-2014, 05:11 AM   #314
Senior LCF Member

one down fall which didn't seem to bother my results lol but my scale food scale i'd weigh everything but don't seem to have problem with it lol being gone now feel more incontroll to what I want then what really is a portion lol haha
Old 01-31-2014, 05:16 AM   #315
Senior LCF Member

Oh I live in NJ just had snow and snow to come again plus my heater broke so living behind a garage in a 2 room apartment lol where no blocking a draft coming in so stays in the 49degees in the house at night and 50s during the day.. However get to wear a coat all day lol and double or like my mom does 3 pairs of socks lol ... eel like an Eskimo which is cool all bundled up lol haha getting use to it by now.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:59 PM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Sounds like you have hit upon what really works for you It makes a big difference to fine tune our woe to our particular chemistry. It's great to feel in control, especially since we know how bad it can feel to be out of control.

Wow, with your place being that cold, you are burning up some extra calories for sure just to keep warm. Be careful if you travel out in the snow.

Sue
Old 01-31-2014, 02:29 PM   #317
Senior LCF Member

ty Sue, I guess maybe spoiled self today a little more fat but not too much cause its a roasted whole chicken from grocerying redington farms all natural antibiotic free roasted chicken no salt added or anything just roasted chicken which love lean yet has the skin and fat so a perfect high protein moderate fat meal lol made my lunch dinner like a 2pm meal lol keep me full which oddly my body attacked it so not super stuffed as always get with those type things lol.. and still digesting alot faster lol.. was in bathroom a bit afterwards yet feel light and not like heavy after gobbling it all up lol 35oz but thinking its counting the bones lol so not sure if counted it right but oh well lol .. always fave cause shoprite has only non added ingredient type ones ..no added carbs sugars salts etc.. just chicken lol so from norm days of carbs having 13 or -15grams from egg whites and if cream cheese .. I notice that today was lowest for while 3grams lol but thats not bad bit more fat at 39% well 86grams verse 56grams from yesterday and in the 20% but lowest in carbs today and still good protion of protein over 300 grams lol ... well if counted it right lol but seem be same I come to figure lol.. and feel great not heavy at all now that its 5:30 atleast won't be stuffed and have mainly alot time digest it which think thats like no problem lol prob sleep well too craving another for tomorrow since my mom and aunt be down there figure tag along to grab one but then again my mom be down there monday and tuesday for a doc apt for my grandma so maybe then lol just HOOKED.. thats like my sweet crave ... I really don't have sweet craving but when i have a craving its for roasted chicken lol haha .. i'd love to have a roaster or able do in my house but my small place had no kitchen using a toaster over thing microwave oven and can't fit nothing really huge in it.. so have to do with what i can and its like can't have all electric going at once or we blow fuses.. live in two apartment place lol with if two cooking or different things going then fuse blown... makes it hard if ur trying cook one thing and another at same time so most likely cook one and let other get bit cold or reheat it up after lol .. I don't know its tricky guess why keep it simple plus not much space too make a huge gourmet meal on counter lol not much of a kitchen lol

However those chickens seem be my fave thing lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20131221_125308.jpg (46.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-01-2014, 07:52 AM   #318
Senior LCF Member

I like those roasted chickens also. They're very convenient. We usually get ours at Costco. Not too many added ingredients and I take the skin off anyway and dh likes to have it.

Scale finally bumped down 1/2 lb today. Finally. So for January I ended up down 13.4 lbs! I'll take it. I've got 3 weeks now until I go in for knee replacement surgery. So I Intend to stay on plan and basically do what I have been.

Got lots of errands to do today so must get going. Here's to a great weekend for us all. Cheers!

Sue
Old 02-01-2014, 10:54 PM   #319
Senior LCF Member

I am curious if happen to up a little more during the day.. my dinner perfect size

but if i up my lean protein tiny more fat during day maybe get even better digestive system going faster lol not sure 2am thoughts lol ...

been feeling bit hungry and it sortof comes to mind its like having low fat approach still since don't get high have right now or if thats the problem... but wonder if Could tempt that
Old 02-02-2014, 03:55 AM   #320
Senior LCF Member

ok like always day two of the higher cals and fat added and stll like always another pound off so total of 4lbs and one to go ...going to add in calories i think why it always worked i'm not stressed or depressed and when ever did in past this high would gain badly lol go figure ...so going to up 4oz more food about eyeball to lunch n breakfst been hungrier then norm even eating higher lol trying get to esting 2500-3000 again where i lost with reg low carb no prob until got depressed and went to 1800 and began to gain like crazy lol

so my key i guess is eat and be happy lol

have great grounds hog day all
Old 02-02-2014, 09:32 AM   #321
Senior LCF Member

Ya, eat and be happy

Happy ground hog day -- I forgot; will have to see if he saw his shadow. Haha. It's raining here today, which is a happy thing since we're in a drought in Cali.

Contractor hooked up our stove for us to use over the weekend. It was so nice to have other than scrambled microwave eggs for breakfast today. Made an omelette with nonfat cheese, and had ff sour cream and salsa on too and it felt like a feast haha

I will check back later. We are going to Home Depot. We're on the hunt for backsplash tiles for the kitchen. Nothing like being last minute with our choices

Sue
Old 02-02-2014, 10:07 AM   #322
Senior LCF Member

Hope you find those backsplash tiles RW. I am so far doing well with this more not hungry today from the addition of protein did a huge rearrange my room from adding a large tv in place of my smaller one and few dusting and putting things all over. I havent sweated like that for while lots of tote lifting and tv lifting etc.. lol

now going to relax and enjoy the day I think my mom said the ground hog seen its shadow, so more snow on its way.. boo lol
Old 02-03-2014, 05:11 AM   #323
Senior LCF Member

not thinking i really gained but prob water weight bounced up a pound thinking water weight from doing something never did lol work out well really just by cleaning lifting huge totes and tvs one off and one on etc.. and moving tables etc.. prob uptain water weight plus that stress on the body ... so i think that might of took toll while body adjusting to more food .. so today going to keep to same addition since not be hectic as yesterday but try for a fattier side of meat so little more fat with the protein.. I think needed due to the cramp and pain of going from just over lean protein harder to digest so much dry meats ..fig give it a easy glide on its way down with some fat in the protein lol

However, I"m really thinking that is what happened from past experiences and such that after stressing the body out by working out I would end up heavier even tho I figure I worked off so much calories..lol at least i don't have to do that often lol .
Old 02-03-2014, 07:04 AM   #324
Senior LCF Member

I'm starting to think the workout routine of cleaning really is the big culprit.. as well as adjusting to more food cause of the lean protein extra add on has so much to still get use to digest..As I'm noticing today after drinking more have alot to flush out of my gut from yesterday.

However I hope the approach to do a more fat and lean meat addition today instead of just lean will help...Plus adds more flavor lol.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:42 PM   #325
Senior LCF Member

So far I know keep writing all details here lol, but see if my feelings are right on lol..

So far today been like digesting easier and feel better, from morning be bit constipated tho not totally just knew had to still relieve my self. However that passed so did a headache and now i'm actually back on track i think. The additional extra yesterday made it to be more fat and protein per meal so easier on the gut.. so far working!! I notice I'm not being constipated thanks to it. One thing I've notice just lean protein it takes forever till i relieve myself. However, I notice after adding fat instead more lean like a lean fat mix just pinch more from prob addition of 20grams I notice easier on the gut and less pain when time to go lol...

So far hoping feel happier now and easier on my body as well..
Old 02-04-2014, 09:44 PM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Sounds like you may have overdone it with the rearranging, natosha. Muscle weighs more than fat, so there is also that factor in seeing scale bounces. For me, I've just come to accept the bouncing around and when I look at posts from daily weighers, I see their numbers doing the same as mine.

Hang in there for the whoosh that will come eventually

I've been so busy with contractors today but wanted to pop in here if only for a quick visit.

So tired, I'm off to bed and will try and check back tomoro.

Sue
Old 02-06-2014, 10:54 AM   #327
Senior LCF Member

the scale is moving down, down down. And I'm happy, happy, happy

How's everyone else doing? Let's keep up enthusiasm for Dukan. It's a great woe. Many have lost large amounts on it and I can see why. There are enuf options to keep me satisfied. I find I look forward each morning to my new favorite foods and new recipes.

Today, I'm having shirataki noodles with meatballs and Dukan marinara. It seems like I always see the scale go down the day after my 'spaghetti' meals

Sue

Last edited by RW City Sue; 02-06-2014 at 10:55 AM..
Old 02-08-2014, 11:58 AM   #328
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mellifera
Hi--I'm new to Dukan, and happy to see that there is a support thread. I'm on my first pure protein day--I've had a few bad eating days leading up to now, so I'm hoping to see a good drop of water weight in the first week.
mellifera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:04 AM   #329
Senior LCF Member

mellifera

Glad to have you join us here. I'm almost 5 weeks in with the cruise phase and down around 15 lbs so far. Eating lean proteins will certainly take the weight off, especially at first. And the magic of the proteins is appetite suppression, so eat plenty of protein whenever you are hungry and you will get thru the first few days just fine and off to a good start.

How many days of attack phase are you planning on? We're here to cheer you on, so happy Dukan-ing.

Sue
Old 02-12-2014, 09:27 AM   #330
Senior LCF Member

Good morning! Where is everybody? Hope you all are staying warm and cozy in those frigid temps across most of the country.

I'm still motoring along with Dukan. I'm wanting to try some different food choices this week to add variety. It feels like I'm sort of in a rut and want to change it up with some stir frys and maybe look for a good custard recipe.

New kitchen cabinets were installed yesterday and granite goes in tomoro, so I should have my stove back soon I'm looking forward to baking some oat bran muffins with the Dukan mix I got from Netrition. I bought some Valentines cupcake liners from Michael's to bake them in for fun.

Have a happy hump day all!

Sue