Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2014, 08:48 AM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: 280/210.2/161
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Dukan 1/4/2014 Elim diet 4/27/14 Challenge 6/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldews View Post
Just a little warning about the dukanitout recipes. The author does sometimes include some items that are not allowed by Dr Dukan.

Keep in mind too that when you first go from Attack to cruise, you may have a week or two of very slow loss. Just stick with it and keep trusting the plan. Overall, I lost around 10 pounds a month on the average. That may not sound like a lot, but over 4-5 months its add up to a big change in you appearance and the way you feel. I went from a size 2X or 22 to size 8-10 pants and medium tops.

If you haven't already, do read all of Dr Dukan's book and then review it again as you go through each phase. He has a recipe book out now too. Just be sure to buy the one that's for Americans and not the English one. I haven't read his life long plan book yet and should get it too.
Some more good advice from an earlier thread

I should be receiving the lifelong plan book any day now. Ordered off amazon because no kindle version. Like you say, southerner, dedication!
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2014, 03:44 AM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
It would be nice if this group could include a 👍 button on posts for us on phones so we can give a 👍 on a comment.

Talked to my friend yesterday (he is also my GYN). He will run my labs tm 4 weeks & give me what I need. Have to find oat brand next trip to town. Had to use some oats in my naked salmon mounds today. They needed lemon in them but were good. I have to grind my OB finer to use like bread crumbs or thickener. Haven't made a galette for a year. Refresh me on making one please💕
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:11 AM   #273
Senior LCF Member

faithful, I'm glad to hear you talked to someone about getting labs done. I ordered my oat bran from Netrition. I got the Dukan bran because it's organic and Dukan talks in his book about the milling-sifting index of his bran and how it maximizes nutrition.

For the galette, I use the boxed liquid egg whites. 3T=1 egg white's worth. I take a whisk and whip the whites for a minute or so to add extra fluff. Then add 2T of the bran and 2T Fage 0% Greek yogurt. I put 1 packet of stevia in to add sweetness.

I use spray oil on a frying pan and heat it up then pour half the batter in and move the pan around to spread the batter out to make a thinner gallete. I wait until the top is becoming dry and air bubbles form, then flip it. Then I make the second one, adding another spritz of the oil first.

I've got this down now haha. They are so good tasting and very satisfying.

Sue
Old 01-19-2014, 06:34 AM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Thought I would re-post this list of older threads in case anyone else is interested in them. I've really been enjoying going back thru them--a few times haha. Lots of good info Thanks to iamfaithful for the links

Dukaniestas make it to another Amazing August

Last edited by RW City Sue; 01-19-2014 at 06:36 AM..
Old 01-19-2014, 06:53 AM   #275
Senior LCF Member

I think I want to try this pudding today. I'm all about easy to make food. And my kitchen remodel is starting this week, so microwave cooking is good. Think I will try it with vanilla though instead of lemon or lime:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldews View Post
I like this pudding for breakfast with either lime or lemon juice.

2 eggs
2TB oat bran (or the amount for the phase you are in)
2-3 TB yogurt either plain or Greek
2 pkg. Splenda and 2 pkg. Stevia or sweetener of choice
2 tsp lemon or lime juice

Whip all together with a fork in a cereal bowl. Microwave 4 minutes or until set looking.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:02 AM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Ok, tried the pudding but did not work out well at all. Came out as a scrambled egg sorta something with bran texture. Uh...no. Can't recommend this. Oh, well. One of those things that sounded good on paper but not in practice haha.

Sue
Old 01-20-2014, 07:29 AM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Down 2 lbs today!! Finally, whew--I had kind of a long week. Glad I trusted the process and just kept on plan. I was warned that the weight wouldn't drop as fast as the first week and I appreciate the support I've found here. It really helps keep me going. Thanks all

I made up stuffed cabbage rolls last night for dinner with shiratki rice and the Dukan marinara. Tasty dh liked them too.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Sue
Old 01-21-2014, 08:42 AM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Good morning Dukaniestas. How's every one doing?

Scale showed another loss for me today. Ya, that's what I'm talking about! This is day 17, so I'm feeling pleased about progress so far. Down 9.2 lbs and I'm feeling noticeably thinner thru my midsection.

Yesterday, work on our kitchen remodel got underway with stripping the room down to the studs, so we're now in the time frame of having no kitchen for the next 2-3 weeks. For my oat bran, I had a bar yesterday. Which reminds me, I've got to order more from Netrition. I'll miss my galettes for the next couple weeks

Otherwise, yogurt and cottage cheese are easy choices that don't require cooking. We have the microwave and refrigerator set up in the dining room, so I will have to be creative with the next 2 weeks' choices. Haha, very cozy set-up.

And now the learning curve also intensifies with eating out... For the first 2 weeks, I only ate at home, so now begins the fun of seeing how the plan travels. So far, so good. While out choosing granite over the weekend, we went to a BBQ place and I ordered chicken and sliced beef. Took the skin off the chicken and had the sauce on the side and just dipped the tines of my fork in it to drizzle over the meat. The meat was tasty even without the sauce, though. It's a new concept to me to not smother BBQ in sauce lol. In Memphis, they call this dry BBQ vs wet.

Last nite, we went out to one of our favorite Indian restaurants and I had the tandoori chicken. Looks like there are a couple of fish, vegetable, and paneer dishes that wb on plan also for next time we go back.

I do like the challenge of fitting restaurant food into eating on plan and I like seeing that this plan will be doable for me long term since protein Thursdays are an ongoing commitment even after reaching TW.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday

Sue
Old 01-22-2014, 06:51 AM   #279
Senior LCF Member

Wondering how my Dukie friends are doing. Feeling a bit lonely here. Someone come talk to me, anyone

Yesterday was good--a PV day so PP today. I was originally going to try and do Protein Thursdays during the Cruise Phase but I've decided I really like the feel of the 1-1 rhythm so I'm planning on staying with that despite the day of week and put the Protein Thursdays habit in place in Consolidation Phase.

Today I've got plans to work on pulling the guest room together. Gotta go pick up some new bed linens when contractors leave this afternoon. A friend is coming to stay and help me out after knee replacement surgery next month, so I want the room nice for her.

Have a great Wednesday all.

Sue

Last edited by RW City Sue; 01-22-2014 at 06:53 AM..
Old 01-22-2014, 07:13 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeBloom View Post
I would love to join your group, I just finished 10 days of Phase I and am now on the PP/PV cycle... but would love to have a group to be accountable and share with!
DeeBloom, I'm wondering what pattern do you use for PP/PV cycle? The book talks about a few variations. Dukan says results seem to come out the same in the long run. I'm one of those he talks about who has over 40 lbs to lose so I need variety to keep me interested

Sue
Old 01-23-2014, 10:41 AM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeeBloom
Stats: 189/189/133
WOE: Dukan/Meat & Egg/Low Carb
Start Date: 03/04/2014
Hi Sue, Sorry I haven't been on much this week, really crazy... and just an FYI I don't usually post on the weekends...on computer enough all week I like to take a break.

I usually try to stick to as much PP as I can but every couple of days I do a PV, sometimes I do PV back to back, if I have to eat out places.

I am not getting on the scale until 2/2, I figure that should be enough of a change for me to keep the momentum going...
DeeBloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:03 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Sue,
Thanks for all the previous threads, I like to look through them and see how other people have done!
Old 01-23-2014, 08:51 PM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Dee, that's interesting you stick to mostly PP days. I find I like the PP days so well, I could probably do more also. I feel really good during those days.

I agree, seeing the change on the scale does help with momentum.

Enjoy your weekend. I think that's a good idea to take a break from the computer. It feels like I've been online too much lately

Sue
Old 01-23-2014, 09:06 PM   #284
Senior LCF Member

I received 2 more Dukan books in the mail this week. The life plan and the patisserie and desserts books. I'm immersing myself in the Dukan philosophy i find him an interesting man. He talks a little about his philosophy on happiness. They are meant for the UK market but I was able to get them from a supplier on amazon.

So far I also found some recipes I would like to try. I'll let u know

Sue
Old 01-24-2014, 10:08 AM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Sue, I look forward to hearing how the books are, he is pretty interesting. Stay warm, ha ha I said that then noticed where you live... we are at 2 degrees here in the northeast today...
Old 01-24-2014, 06:27 PM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Yikes it is frigid back east this winter. If it makes you feel any better, it was overcast and not as warm here today in the SF Bay Area. There's a reason I live here in Cali though

Sue

Last edited by RW City Sue; 01-24-2014 at 06:29 PM..
Old 01-25-2014, 12:49 PM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
Back to this lifestyle i was curious is there a miniumu amount.. yesterday was 1227 calories but all lean all egg whites chicken breast and lean pork loin well extra lean lol but today was bit starving in morning and weak in mucles and all and had today so far be 1406 with dinner made effort add more same tho egg whties and chicken breast and pork loin very lean everything not much fat tons protein and not any carbs.. so far no weight gain or loss from first day
been drinking plenty today too very thirsty .. just got off low fat high carb and fiber diet but now doing this cause love meat and even tho vegan living is cool just crave protein lol so hope i'm doing ok i know calories don't matter but need 5lbs to lose and wanted to make sure eating enough is ok as well and not undereating or if its really ok to eat plenty? thank you
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 02:43 PM   #288
Senior LCF Member

Hi natosha, glad you're here. I think this is a great lifestyle. Calories are not restricted and Dukan encourages lots of protein so as not to be hungry or feel deprived. Sounds like you're doing everything right. Lots of water really helps flush the fat as it's burned for energy. It takes the body some time to adjust.

Trust the process and hang in there On days when I thought I've really eaten a lot, I often showed a loss the next morning. So there's no telling what weight loss is being masked by water weight. The high protein woe sometimes needs time to work its magic.

Are you eating the oat bran? I find it really fills me up and helps with hunger. I can relate to eating vegan also. Ive tried it in the past but my body is responding better to high protein, low fat right now.

Hang in there with us here. We'll all cheer each other on. You'll have those 5 lbs off in no time.

Sue
Old 01-25-2014, 03:58 PM   #289
Senior LCF Member

Thank you for responding, I do feel super stuffed and good for today like yesterday but did manage get the 1406 lol in. I haven't been to bad with constipation been taking something to help me go. I do feel better alot better. I use to be a huge meat eater low carb atkins then just very low carb and lean and low carb high fat then i went to low fat vegan figure maybe carbs high and everything lower to lose, But instead I bloated up with water retention and just felt blah started breaking out all over and just felt gross like had a pregnant belly... not fun at all.. so i was going to do the raw fruit thing but i was like.. my teeth are senstive when comes to fruit and can't stand sweet things all the time.. Instead the idea of savory low carb protein was calling me and since been low fat i didn;t have a problem having lean protein, sortof find it better for me because when I do bit higher fat i end up having cramps and feeling ill till i go lol sorry tmi.. but yes i just feel better with meat just out of all food groups love the taste of protein meat and dairy.. However may stick to just the lean meat approach at the moment.. Stocking up with egg whites, chicken breast and extra lean pork which is 6%fat close to chicken breast however i always try remove any other piece of fat i can see and boil the chicken and pork tilll cook through then lightly toss in a pan and sear with the egg whites or either make egg white pancake which cool mainly just egg whties like fritata but reminds me of a pancakes when getting the one side browned then flipping to do other side lol ... However, i just don't wel seem to not get bored of meat lol haha just something i trully love and seem to work for my body since I don't break out i always have clear skin long strong nails hair growth just feel better all over..

I know right now going through another change since was on carbs for while that my skins still broken out and having like effect from either egg whites or something becasue of the red around my nose cheeks and chin but it goes down as well after face cools off. However normally that passes after awhile lol

thanks for the wonderful information I always fear if i eat too much it be bad but then once I ate 2600 cause was having alot of egg yolks and chicken breast all day and didn't lose or gain which was stunning lol cause anything else i'd be heavier next day lol..

Old 01-26-2014, 05:12 AM   #290
Senior LCF Member

great news drop 1lb. So 4 to go lol yes
Old 01-26-2014, 06:54 AM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Also some of my energy returned super happy today feel like a great feeling in right direction
Old 01-26-2014, 06:55 AM   #292
Senior LCF Member

Great news, natosha

I'm in one of those scale bouncing around periods again. Luckily I've come to trust this is the way my body goes about losing.

Sue
Old 01-26-2014, 07:00 AM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
Also some of my energy returned super happy today feel like a great feeling in right direction
I know how important it is to feel good about moving in the right direction. My self esteem really was low before I starting finding success with taking charge of my health again. I'm excited for you. My energy just keeps improving also.

Sue
Old 01-26-2014, 07:14 AM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
for everyone! keep it up!
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:24 AM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Ty all for everything. It's just helPful to have a few friends to support you then go on any plan alone. I was just frustrated
By the water weight and how I broke out abad. Sleep and so much with carbs that I knew why I never enjoyed them before because I only felt good with protein. Ty all so happy to be back and have support hope u all a wonderful day xox
Old 01-26-2014, 07:29 AM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Ty all for everything. It's just helPful to have a few friends to support you then go on any plan alone. I was just frustrated
By the water weight and how I broke out abad. Sleep and so much with carbs that I knew why I never enjoyed them before because I only felt good with protein. Ty all so happy to be back and have support hope u all a wonderful day xox
Old 01-26-2014, 12:03 PM   #297
Senior LCF Member

Hope it's not silly, but deff eating more today just feel so weak and appetite increasing prob like extra chick breast worth the most pass other days. Hoply won't ruin any progress n just help. Been drinking so much as well with dry throat
Old 01-27-2014, 09:15 AM   #298
Senior LCF Member

Today not to bad. still going strong feel good as well. not as hungry as the yesterday but not to bad. I know cals counting not an issue but like see how my appetite changes and any vitamins minerals i'm getting or missing out on.

for so far when began was busy that day so with hunger and appetite change
it was 24th - 1227 calories
25th- 1406
26th 1562 calories
27th - today prob head near 1406 or in between the 1406-1562 wasn't as hungry just still very thirsty well see what the day brings

feel ok so far.. Surprise how appetite changed when use to eat low carb all the time even dukan and wouldn't stop eating lol. Until, I went high carb and now i'm like seeing the appetite thing with low carb that everyone gets, which i'd never notice.

Hope everyone is doing well
Old 01-28-2014, 05:29 AM   #299
Senior LCF Member

So far seems every two days losing a pound.

So today another pound lighter

yippee !! Fastest ever love it

Only thing my running and workout do for my 12mins seem to always feel very weak to be fast or strong but guess try best can and still losing yea
Old 01-28-2014, 10:07 AM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Hi all and welcome Natosha!
I get on the scale officially this Sunday, have been retaining a lot of water, too much salty proteins I think, will have to cut those out before I weigh in. It's going pretty well so far. I am past the weak feeling stage and it's almost second nature...just have to see what the scale says to see if I am going in the right direction.

Hang in there everyone, it's almost February!!!