Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sweetldy3
Is anyone doing Lindora? I just signed up.

I would love to chat with anyone and get advise, etc
Sweetldy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JQuintero
Stats: 268/206/?
WOE: LFL
Start Date: Every morning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetldy3 View Post
I would love to chat with anyone and get advise, etc
This board isn't too active
But there are a few of us who stop by.
I highly suggest going back and reading the old threads - lots of advise to be found.
JQuintero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:52 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DeniseCarlson
Stats: 241/230/180
WOE: Lindora/Atkins
Start Date: August 2012
I am doing Lindora

I know this is a bit late but I am doing Lindora and have been on it for a couple of months. I have doe it before and lost about 60lbs. It is a great program! If you stick to it you lose a lot of weight fast!
DeniseCarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:29 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Groovycadreamr
Stats: 259.7/137/130
Start Date: OH, No not again!!!
I have done this program..years ago and lost 50 lbs in 2 in a half month.
Groovycadreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:05 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: diferent2aT
Stats: 315/273/160?
WOE: LFL Modified Adkins
Start Date: April 2012
I have been doing LFL since April. Down 45 POUNDS.plan your meals ahead of time and make a plan for eating when traveling home and when away. I took a 4 day cruise and only gained 4 pounds. And went camping( very little control over meals) and only gained 2.7
So plan, plan, plan!

Last edited by diferent2aT; 09-22-2012 at 09:20 PM..
diferent2aT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:23 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: luzeit4good
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 4/27/09
Anybody still around? I am finished with my first week (restart) and am feeling good and into it! down 6 lbs this first week. Water weight or not it feels good. Anyone else around here?
luzeit4good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

I'm still around. I'll check every so often to see if there has been any activity.

I'm at the end of my 10 week program - two days left on level 3 metabolic. I managed to lose 22 lbs during this program. I already purchased my next 10 week program and am ready to get back to the weight loss phase.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

That is incredible! Do you use a lot of the lean for life products? I am starting at the clinic next week, got a 6 week program thru groupon. I started on my own last week because i had 2 wait so long for DR. visit due to work schedule. I did this program over a year ago but didn't stick to it and gained some back

It feels good to be making a change...looking to lose about 25 lbs.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

JOann, what are your carb levels usually to lose that much?
Old 10-10-2012, 06:36 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Same deal here - did the program from June 2010 until Febuary-ish. managed to get down 40-odd pounds before derailing.

I rejoined again with the knowledge that this is the only plan that works for me and I was going to work it.

I do use the Lindora products on protein days and at work. I teach so it isn't like I can run out of the middle of class to go grab a snack from the fridge. Easier to shake up a drink mix between classes. If my job situation was different I'd try using less of their products.

This time around it is suggested I keep my carbs between 50-60. During my 1st round it was suggested I keep them closer to 50. I personally feel that I lose better when I'm closer to 50.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #11
newleangirl

Gallery: newleangirl
Hi

Hi,

I'm just doing this again. I tried last year but just couldn't keep doing it. I'm on my prep days right now and will officially start my protein days on Thursday.
Good luck everyone!
Old 11-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #12
newleangirl

Gallery: newleangirl
Love to start this thread up again. Anyone game?

Hi I'm Michelle. Tis is my 2nd try at Lindora. I'm using the clinic and determined to see 140 pounds. I'm kicking myself for gaining 30 pounds in a year (will have to change stats to 200 pounds). But I'm continuing on this journey. I'd love some company. So if your here, come on out and let's rock this thing through the holidays.

I'm on a fourth protein day and will start weight loss tomorrow. Just trace amounts on keto stick. I swear I would have to eat 5 carbs to get that thing to turn purple!

How's anyone else doing? Would especially love to hear any words of advice.

Have a great weekend.

Michelle
Old 11-11-2012, 03:21 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LadyAce
Stats: 204/176/140
WOE: Lindora
Start Date: November 26, 2012
Anxious to begin

Hello everyone,

I am going to start on November 26th and can't wait. I am kind of nervous and need to lose 50-60lbs. I'm worried I won't be able to resist temptations of my social life as far as alcohol goes. I'm sure once I see the pounds coming off I will become more and more motivated.

I am reading a lot of stories about people who have found success with the diet but have later gained the weight back. Kind of scary to hear, how hard is to transition off the diet once your goal is reached?
LadyAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mimi123
I just signed up and I'm going to start the program on 11/23/12. I very excited and I think I'll be able to do it. I'm reading the book and I hope it becomes clearer as to what I have to do. I imagine there's a learning curve to get started. Good luck to both of us.
Mimi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Hi Mimi, yes good luck to both of us! I am a little confused as well. I have my appt. to review my bloodwork results tomorrow and hope to get all of my questions answered. I went yesterday and bought all of my necessary vitamins. I started taking them and feel good already! lol Probably all in my head. Hopefully we can keep each other updated and motivated here!
Old 11-20-2012, 07:02 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAce View Post
He
I am reading a lot of stories about people who have found success with the diet but have later gained the weight back. Kind of scary to hear, how hard is to transition off the diet once your goal is reached?
If you think of this as a "diet" then yes, in my opinion it will be hard to transition off. When I rejoined I had a conversation with my husband that this was going to be Lindora for LIFE. I don't think of this as a diet but just a way of life.

At the end of every program you have the "maintence" plan to follow. You are basically adding carbs back in. Now once you reached your goal you would just follow the maintence plan. Plus - if memory serves me right - once you do reach goal you can go to the clinic for free. I'm assuming that is why they have 4 week programs - for those who gain a little and need to get those pesky few pounds off. Now if you lose the weight and then just go back to old eating habits ...well then gaining that weight back is inevitable.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:57 PM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Hey Everyone! Day 17 = 15lbs lost! I am so excited and feel amazing. I feel like I've already lost 30lbs. Just in the way my clothes fit better and simple things like crossing my legs easier, it feels amazing. I can't wait until the end of my 10 weeks. How is everyone else doing??
Old 12-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Great job Lady!

I'm in the metabolic phase of my program. These past 8 weeks have been hard. My goal was to be down 20 during this program but only lost 12. I had a good 3 weeks where my weight bounced .5lb in either direction. I finally had to do the AMP menu - which I like better then the plateau menu. Metabolic should take me right up to before Christmas. I'll then go into maintance for a few days and start a new program after I figure out where I'll be for the holidays.

A new new email from Lindora Online went out. There are new products like "pizza" and "crepes" at select clinics - I'm so wondering which one got them! It also includes a 40% off program coupon and 40% off 5 products.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:32 PM   #19
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: terriburns2
Stats: 171/169/130
Start Date: 12/10/12
I just joined 12/10. I went thru the protein days, it wasn't easy for me.. had a horrible headache.. guess my body is going thru "withdrawals" from all the junk I ate before.. its worth it tho! Today was my first MENU DAY. I find I am hungry but I know once I get the hang of it.. it will be great! I already lost almost 3 lbs!! 27 to go!!! i loved printing the recipes. That will help so much.. THANK YOU!!
terriburns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terriburns2 View Post
I just joined 12/10. I went thru the protein days, it wasn't easy for me.. had a horrible headache.. guess my body is going thru "withdrawals" from all the junk I ate before.. its worth it tho! Today was my first MENU DAY. I find I am hungry but I know once I get the hang of it.. it will be great! I already lost almost 3 lbs!! 27 to go!!! i loved printing the recipes. That will help so much.. THANK YOU!!
Welcome aboard!

Congrats on the wieght loss!

Are you going into a clinic or doing it on your own by following the book?
Old 12-14-2012, 02:46 PM   #21
Junior LCF Member

HI JOANN.... THANK YOU! I am going to the clinic.. every day!! it really helps me to be accountable... so today I am down 4.6lbs my first week.. I am so excited to get healthy again...I do have one slight problem.. I KEEP BUYING THEIR PRODUCTS! I am just lazy when it come to cooking but I am going to change that too.. Have a great weekend!!
Old 12-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terriburns2 View Post
HI JOANN.... THANK YOU! I am going to the clinic.. every day!! it really helps me to be accountable... so today I am down 4.6lbs my first week.. I am so excited to get healthy again...I do have one slight problem.. I KEEP BUYING THEIR PRODUCTS! I am just lazy when it come to cooking but I am going to change that too.. Have a great weekend!!
I'm an everydayer too! I NEED that accountability and often joke with my husband that I would pay for weekend visits too. I had done one program back in 2010 where I cut back to 2 days a week. I ended up falling off plan and was too ashamed to go back. I came back because this is the only thing that works for me.

HAHA! I was just looking at my online banking and seeing so many transactions for Lindora (planning on using my 40% coupon today!). I know I don't have to use their products but it is so much easier to shake up a drink or eat a bar while at work. I can't leve my class to go to the fridge nor keep a fridge in my class. I'll try to incorporate other protein choices when I'm on break/weekend.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #23
Junior LCF Member

Phew glad there is someone else who buys all that product at Lindora! The protein bars get me thru the day when I am out and about... I was on Lindora.. hmmm maybe 15 years ago? :/ Menopause has gotten the best of me so I don't remember the program at all. It does work.. but it isn't "easy".. but I want my health back so bad that I am determined to do this. Also, its great to lose fast as it keeps me enthused to keep going! Yes, I too, would go on weekends if I could! LOL.. Keep up the good work Joann!! This is my first weekend on Menu so wish me luck!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:39 AM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Hi Ladies! Sounds like everyone is doing great. I like to buy the lindora products just for my proteins for snacks. I have found it surprisingly easy to keep up with the fresh food and protein for meals. I am in week 7 and hit 28lbs. I kind of bounced around give or take 2 pounds for a couple of days so I am on the plateu menu right now.

I am not at my goal yet but do not want to purchase another program. I feel like I can continue this routine on my own but I will need the clinic's help with metabolic adjustment and maintenance. What should I do?? Anyone with experience with past programs that could help with some advice?
Old 01-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAce View Post
Hi Ladies! Sounds like everyone is doing great. I like to buy the lindora products just for my proteins for snacks. I have found it surprisingly easy to keep up with the fresh food and protein for meals. I am in week 7 and hit 28lbs. I kind of bounced around give or take 2 pounds for a couple of days so I am on the plateu menu right now.

I am not at my goal yet but do not want to purchase another program. I feel like I can continue this routine on my own but I will need the clinic's help with metabolic adjustment and maintenance. What should I do?? Anyone with experience with past programs that could help with some advice?

Are you doing a 10 week program? If so then you have one week left of weight loss before you start the 2 weeks of metabolic. You will still go in for your visits during that time and will get the guidance. During metabolic you slowly start increasing portion sizes and adding a grain to your lunch and dinner. At the end of those two weeks is when you would either start another round (on your own or with a purchased program) or go into maintence. If you look in the back of your daily action plan you will find a few pages devoted to the Lifetime Maintenance. The menu is the same and as long as you are following it and weighing yourself - you should do fine.

My 2nd program came to an end December 21st. I had already pruchased another program but was not ready to activate it yet since Christmas was just around the corner and I knew we would also be leaving out of state. It was suggested that I would just go into maintence after the metabolic period. Because of all the running around I was only able to get into the clinic twice during this maintence period. Basically all you are doing is weighing in. The nurses can't advise you on anything in regards to losing weight nor do you get the daily injection. You can pay for a booster. If your up on the scale "you" know from previous suggestions as what to do - protein dinner, amp menu, plateau menu. I'm just not 100% sure that a person has to be "at goal" to go into maintence. Talk to the nurses at your clinic and tell them your concerns. I'm sure they will work with you.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:46 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Casey
Stats: At goal / living low carb
WOE: LC / lean for life
Start Date: October, 1999
I'm happy to see some activity on the lean for life area... I've been living low carb since October 1999 and everything went fine until...... Oh no.... Menopause. And my weight jumped up about 5 pounds for no reason - what I used to do (eating clean / low carb) didn't work any more and then I found lean for life. I ordered the books and am doing it on my own, along with an online tracker - it has been the perfect combination and I had my weight back to "normal" in about a month and have been maintaining using lean for life principles - I needed to switch to lower fat proteins and watch portion control. Thank you all for posting here again - I'll do my par to keep it active.
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote