Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 08:59 AM   #1
Administrator

Gallery: Kathy
TOPS - The Lowcarb Way - Part 2

The original thread titled "TOPS - The Lowcarb Way" was closed due to its size. Please continue your discussion here.
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Hi everyone. I hope you can all find our thread here! We were too big! Isn't that cool. I had a good weigh-in last night and was under goal. How is everyone else doing this week?

Here you can join us in our very own online TOPS support group. So please come on in and sit awhile.

Someone recently texted me that TOPS friends are some of the best friends. We all are in the same boat and can totally relate to each other.
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/132/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Glad you had a good WI, Dianne!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I am definitely ready for it (well, I was ready for the weekend by Wednesday LOL).
Kismet311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MissBeth
Stats: 320/166.5/140
WOE: Atkins/Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Jan. 19, 2008
Hi Gang,
The long-lost one is finally checking in. I don't think I've posted here all summer.
I read the last couple of pages of the old thread to get caught up. Lots of new people

I'm still going to TOPS every week and the scale is still on the downward path.
When I came back from vacation to visit family over 4th of July week, I had a big gain and weighed in at 190. The next week we didn't meet (church had VBS and no room for us) but two weeks later (last Tuesday night) I was down 6.5 lbs! My home scale this morning was 178, a weight I haven't seen since about 1972. Tomorrow night's official weigh-in might not be quite that low, but hopefully I'll still show a loss. We have a couple of contests going and I'd like to stay in them for a while!

I've missed you gals; I'm glad you're here!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Elizabeth779
Stats: 298/287.0/140
WOE: High Fat, Low Carb
Start Date: Restart 4-5-14 -- 287.0
Hi everyone -- I'm doing well -- I'm on program and not cheating....I've started going to the gym also.

Well, I see we're in a new room now.....looks nice and cozy -- this should do for about 71 pages.....LOL

Dianne -- good for you for being under goal at weigh in.

Hi Kismet

Hi Miss Beth -- it's good to see you -- AND glad to hear you're still on track with your weight goal.

Hang in there everyone.
Elizabeth779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:52 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tomswife
Stats: 251/240/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2008
Hi Guys,
It's a good thing I came looking for this thread to post or I never would have known about the new one :-) I usually wait for a notice in my e-mail that someone has posted and then I just follow that link :-)
Anyway, I had a loss of a pound and a half this morning. Not great but better then gaining.
I hope everyone is having a great week.
tomswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Hey ladies! Hope you are having a good week. I just got back from my TOPS meeting. I lost .8 lbs this week making me 1 lb away from my 10 lb mark!! I hope to hit it next week. Also, I won the menu pull so I get a free month of dues! Yay!!
Old 08-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

How's everybody doing? Our new thread is looking kind of lonely.
I turtled this past Tuesday night, and since then have not been in the best control of my eating. Also waiting for TOM to start, so I'm afraid this week I'll be up.

Kismet--A free month of dues. Congrats! Did you make your 10 lb. mark this week?

TomsWife--I think 1.5 lbs. is terrific!

Elizabeth--How are you doing at the gym? Are you enjoying it? I missed my mid-week strength session (on my own, not with a trainer) and this morning was my only other option. You know, there's pretty much nobody at the gym 6 a.m. on Saturdays--who knew?! OK, well I'm not making that time slot my regular habit, but it sure was nice to have access to every machine/rack I wanted to use.

Hello to everybody else, too. Come on back and let us know how you're doing.
MissBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Hi ladies. Hope everyone is doing well. I missed my meeting this week so I will hopefully make my 10 lbs next week. My hubby was told by his doctor to start eating low carb so all of a sudden he is on board with me. I just said TOLD YOU SO! He also said he might want to join a gym with me in a few months so I'm really excited about that. Took a 2 mile walk this morning really early and it was nice. I hope i can do it tomorrow too. I want to be the biggest loser next week!!
Old 08-15-2012, 07:13 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Hi, I am joining TOPS in the next couple of weeks. Are you all following their program and if so what sort of success are you having? I was mainly going to join for the accountability but curious about the plan.
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

No specific plans are ever discussed at my TOPS meeting. We just give eachother tips and support when needed. Good luck!!
Old 08-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus33 View Post
Hi, I am joining TOPS in the next couple of weeks. Are you all following their program and if so what sort of success are you having? I was mainly going to join for the accountability but curious about the plan.
I follow Atkins/ Low carb. I don't think I could follow their plan and lose weight. But some are in my group.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:11 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Hey guys! Where is everyone! I had my TOPS meeting last night and lost another pound. The scale showed I was up a LOT on Monday after a picnic and a baby shower. I MUST get more walking done. I am hoping to have a 2 lb loss this week to make my 5 lb goal for the month! Hey, it could happen!
Old 08-25-2012, 05:13 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Elizabeth779
Stats: 298/287.0/140
WOE: High Fat, Low Carb
Start Date: Restart 4-5-14 -- 287.0
YAYYYY Kismet for the one pound lost -- you lost it, I think I found it!!!

I've found a couple pounds the last couple weeks, haven't been on plan, have just been working way too much overtime and just been on "auto" with me eating...which is akin to a shark feeding frenzy.....But am getting back on plan this weekend.....

Hang in there -- keep losing!
Elizabeth779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:21 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tybeeanna
Stats: H286 }232VSG{ C162 G when I get there
WOE: low/carb 8-21-12
Start Date: 8/21/12
Hey you all just stopping by to say HI Still not back to my tops meetings, just had surgery so maybe later this next month, Recuperating 1st then job hunting. get myself on a plan.You all keep rocking
tybeeanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:10 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Hey fellow TOPS-ters!
I was down 3.5 lbs. at last night's weigh-in, making me best loser (a.k.a. "princess" but we never use that title) of the night. Yea! The month started with a gain and then turtle, but losses these last 2 weeks put me at 6 lbs. loss overall for the month. 8 straight months of loss!

A couple of ego-boosting things happened to me this week:

At the gym last Saturday, I was walking toward the locker room and thought I saw this guy kind of turn his head. There's a big mirrored wall right there, so I looked out the corner of my eye and he watched me walk across and into the hall. That has never ever happened in my life.

Then this morning as I was finishing up a set of weighted squats, this guy who works out really early every day (way too young, was truly an encouraging thing, not like he was trying to hit on me or anything) comes up and says I work really hard in there and am getting stronger and I've obviously lost weight even though I might not notice it [Goodness, if he only knew!] but other people notice it. That made my day, and it was only 6 a.m.! I don't think I stopped grinning for a good hour, HA!

Have a good week everyone!
Old 09-01-2012, 06:41 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Way to go, MissBeth!!! I have always wanted to be the "biggest loser" but then when I think about it maybe not since they post the loser's picture on facebook! I went to my meeting on Thursday and lost another 1.0. I have been losing 1.0 for 3 weeks straight. While that looks good on paper I am seriously wondering that I am very strange for losing EXACTLY one pound each time I guess my body just wants to have a nice even number hahah I have started walking with the TOPS ladies so I think this will be a good thing for me. This weekend is a washout because of the holiday but hopefully we can walk next weekend. Please feel free to beat me over the head regularly for not joining TOPS sooner!!
Old 09-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Kismet--A pound every week: great job! I'd be so happy for that type of consistency. But I sometimes I just sabotage myself: A couple of hours ago I got into a bag of almonds, and that always means no loss (and often a gain) by weigh-in.
Gosh, I wish our chapter had a FaceBook page, but I don't think very many of those gals are on FB. We have fun and I like the folks in my chapter a lot, but in my mid-50's I'm one of the 3 younger ones in the group and other than email there's not much tech-savviness going on HA!

Nope, no head bashing from me! I should have joined TOPS when I thought about it over 25 years ago, instead of joining in Jan. 2011. But we're there now and we're doing this!
Old 09-02-2012, 04:15 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, MissBeth. I know how you feel. I'm going to have to work extra hard this week because I went out last night for a "girl's night". We had dinner at a nice restaurant and I think I made a good choice at dinner (I picked chicken that had a picture of a little running man next to it which was supposed to mean healthy LOL) but later had a cocktail. I'm sure it wasn't too terrible but tonight also I'm going out. This almost never happens to me (going out to resteraunts twice in a row) but I'm hoping they have some good choices as well. Starting Monday I will have to be really diligent. I would love to lose another pound by Thursday!
Old 09-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Guys,
This list has been quiet lately so thought I'd post a real pet peeve of mine. This morning at TOPS we got a visit from our area captain. She visits about once a year and does a program. Anyway, I LOVE her! I get there about an hour and a half early to set up and she's always there at the same time so we get a lot of one on one visit before anyone else gets there. That's my favorite time. We are both driven to make our group fun and special so we exchange lots of ideas. We had about 20 people at our meeting today.
Anyway, to my pet peeve. About 10 minutes in to her program someone's cell phone rang. She could have very easily stepped outside the room if she felt it was that important but she went to the back of the room and talked so it was interuptive. Someone finally went back and talked to her and she hung up but geez. I turn my cell phone off as soon as the meeting starts. I'd turn it off sooner(or even leave it in the car) but some people will call me if they won't be at the meeting. This cell phone thing has always irked me. What's so all fire important it can't wait till you get home. Ok, end of rant :-) I feel better now.
I had 8 weeks of steady losses and the day that our area captain was here I had a gain. I hope everyone else is having a great week.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:40 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

That must have been annoying! I really think people go nuts with cell phones. I was at a training for work on Friday morning and while the trainer was speaking this woman at my table was texting on her phone. Seriously?? The training was only 3 hours. What was so important??? It was a teacher training too so how would she have liked it if her students were texting while she was teaching!

Anyway, I have been hanging off the wagon lately (hate to say fall off because i'm still trying!) but I was up a pound at my last meeting. With all that was going on with my sister's wedding and everything I had no time to track on my online tracker and I guess it showed! I will be happy if i get the pound off this week then start losing again. I probably overindulged way too much last weekend I lost track of the cocktails I had at the wedding but they were worth it

I hope everyone is doing well. Would love to hear from all of you this week!
Old 09-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry I haven't checked in for awhile!

Susan We had a guest speaker earlier this year and 2 people received phone calls during her talk. They both proceeded to stay in their seats and talk! It was so incredibly rude. So the next week we had a discussion about it. We said cell phones had to be turned off or at least on vibrate. We said if you get a call (vibrate only) you must leave the room. We have not had any problems since. I was so embarrassed though for the speaker!!

Miss Beth How's it going?

Kismet Really texting! How rude and from a teacher yet! I think you should have looked at her and said would you tolerate that from your students?

I had a good weekend in that I was the same weight Monday as on Friday! That is usually not the case. Many times I am up some in weight due to overeating on the weekends. I hopefully can continue this trend. I am a little over goal weight but still in leeway. I have never gone out of leeway but I don't want to either!

Everyone have a great week and let's be more accountable on here. I will!

I AM NOW LESS THAN HALF OF MY FORMER SELF!!

Dianne

A proud TOPS member - became a KOPS on 4/24/08!

Join us over at the lowcarb TOPS thread. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-part-2-a.html
Old 09-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

I am so embarrassed that I was not on here for so long! I forgot to subscribe and thought that I had. So I didn't think anyone was posting. So I am back!!

Ty You are rocking your surgery! I follow the wls thread and you are doing awesome! When you get back to your TOPS group you are going to be a "big loser"!! You might even be a state winner!

Elizabeth Dear friend how have you been? Sorry I haven't texted lately. How is it going for you??

Lotus Did you join a chapter? I don't follow the plan as I don't think it would work for me. I do a lowcarb plan similar to Barry Groves/Atkins. It is a lifetime change for me. TOPS accepts any way of eating. It is up to you.

If I missed anyone it is not intentional! Have a great day and I will check back again later!

HUGS!!
Old 09-25-2012, 12:55 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Dianne, I was worried about you since you haven't posted in so long. I guess with this new thread people still aren't use to it. It sure is too bad you have to have a special talk about the cell phones. To me it's just common courtesy. We also has someone that regularly texts during meetings. It doesn't seem to bother most people but I sure notice.
I was doing real good on my plan for a month and the last couple of weeks just went downhill. Hope everyone is doing great!
Old 09-28-2012, 03:16 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday everyone! I went to my meeting last night and lost 1.4 lbs. At least I lost the pound I gained last week Hopefully I will do better next week. September has been a slow weight loss month but I'm coming out of it weighing less than I did going into it so that's fine by me I finally got my 10 lb bracelet and a summer charm. I hope I get many more charms to add to it! I have to ask them if they know what my goal is because I forgot LOL I don't think I have much to go but the last few lbs is always the hardest. If I can make KOPS by the end of the year that would be great. I soooo want to go on the SRD trip in May but will only go if I'm a KOPS (free!).
Old 09-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Kismet - good job and congrats on your bracelet! That is always inspiring to receive and inspiring for others in the chapter.

My meeting is on Thursday night also. I was under goal so totally happy about that!

I can say with total honesty that I would not be where I am today without TOPS. I had never kept any weight off for more than a few months. I had lost some weight many times but never ever kept it off. I have now been at goal for 4 1/2 years and never went out of leeway. That is such a victory for me. But without the weekly meetings and scale accountability it would not be this happy outcome. I am so thankful each week for TOPS!

So if you have never tried a TOPS meeting, I highly recommend it. The people are friendly, supportive and just fun.

Have a great weekend!
Old 09-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tybeeanna
Stats: H286 }232VSG{ C162 G when I get there
WOE: low/carb 8-21-12
Start Date: 8/21/12
Thanks Dianne, I was "stalled" for two weeks but it is moving again. I know some people seem to think this is the easy way.Never would I wish the days after surgery on anyone!! I am trying to get back into exercise bought a tread-climber & I love it. only up to 12 min But my heart is pounding. I am also walking 3 times a week 2 miles,till it gets to cold,lol Dr will release me for the gym in two weeks.I am waiting to go back to my meetings till I get back down to the last weight I was before my world fell apart last year,losing my niece unexpected then 6 days later brother in law with ALS & then my oldest brother in Nov from cancer, just totally did me in, I had gained back 46lbs. That was the straw that broke me.

So glad to see that you have done so well & for 4 1/2 years you should be so proud.I am for you. My chapter is mostly older ladies and some strange habits, going out to eat after the meeting, bringing snacks/treats to the meeting, Its really hard to get excited about going back, But I know the accountability helps.

Kismet congrats on the 1.4,any # going down is gooooood....

I am another one I hate cell phones in gatherings, Really what did these people do before cell phones.

Princess Miss Beth, Congrats on the Biggest loser.
O.K Ihave used up my allotted space on here today lol. Hope you all have a great weekend.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

[QUOTE=tybeeanna;15979359] My chapter is mostly older ladies and some strange habits, going out to eat after the meeting, bringing snacks/treats to the meeting, Its really hard to get excited about going back, But I know the accountability helps.

[QUOTE]

Hahah this sounds like MY meeting! I am only in my 30s and I think 85% of the group is made up of older ladies. They are so nice though! One lady is like a grandma to everyone. She is a KOPS and is just so cute when she proudly tells everyone she is in leeway!

I really do love my leader. She is so sweet and generous. I wish she would take more time for herself though. She says she never has time to exercise and she rarely loses weight at the meetings. She probably needs to lose about 75 lbs. I guess the best we can all do is be there for eachother.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Ty I am so sorry for all you have had to go through. It is so great that you have found a way to lose the weight and feel good. Your chapter will be amazed when you do get back to them.

Kismet Glad to hear that being the youngest in your chapter doesn't keep you from going and enjoying it.

My chapter ranges in age from 9 yo to 87. The majority are probably above age 60 and I am under that. But we have such a super group and have become very supportive friends to each other. Age doesn't even seem to be a factor. I think we have a "young at heart" and "young thinking" group!

Last edited by NWLoser; 09-30-2012 at 05:49 PM..
Old 10-02-2012, 03:06 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

We have one teenager in our group and a few girls in their 20s. I think another member is around my age but I'm not sure. The older ladies are fabulous and always offer to walk with me. The only problem is they are retired and I'm NOT LOL