Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/130.4/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
I had a 2.5 pound loss this week, really happy about that as I am well past the water loss stage and am really starting to lose inches/fat now.
Wow, great job!!
Kismet311 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Still did not get the current issue of TOPS magazine. I know I can read it online but like the hard copy.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:36 AM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
Still did not get the current issue of TOPS magazine. I know I can read it online but like the hard copy.
I would contact my area captain or online there is a place to contact headquarters. They can then send you a copy. I like having the actual magazine in my hands to read.
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #184
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dirt-N-Flowers
Stats: 189.2/171.4/145 -- 68yo - 5'1.5"
WOE: LowCarb
Excited to find this group. Have been in TOPS 2 years. Lost 30 lbs doing low carb then JUDDD. Some major upsets in my life and I gained it all back. (Moved, husband became ill, died 4 weeks later and then I had major back surgery in January-- not my best 9 months). Started back low carbing on May 30. Slow but steady.

I became the weight recorder last August. Helps to keep the brain going. We normally have about 20 members weigh-in.

Looking forward to getting acquainted.
Dirt-N-Flowers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt-N-Flowers View Post
Excited to find this group. Have been in TOPS 2 years. Lost 30 lbs doing low carb then JUDDD. Some major upsets in my life and I gained it all back. (Moved, husband became ill, died 4 weeks later and then I had major back surgery in January-- not my best 9 months). Started back low carbing on May 30. Slow but steady.

I became the weight recorder last August. Helps to keep the brain going. We normally have about 20 members weigh-in.

Looking forward to getting acquainted.
Welcome Flowers! I love TOPS. It keeps me motivated and accountable. Post often so we can get to know you.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #186
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/148.4/?
WOE: lc
Do I recall hearing something about a charm of some sort after 10 pounds of weight loss?
jeaniem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Jeanie. My chapter awards a charm bracelet for the first 10 lb. and a charm for every 10 lb. after. Each chapter makes their own rules for the giving of charms. Some chapters give them every 5 lb. Some might not give them.

Hope everyone has a super weekend.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:13 PM   #188
Formerlychubchick

Gallery: CurveControl
Stats: 200/172.4/130
WOE: LC JUDD/TOPS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWLoser View Post
Sorry to hear that. Are you saying the members had the negative stuff, etc?
Did they like your program?

I am not sure if they got anything from my program TBH, Some hadn't even seen the website so maybe my program will get them to look at it at least. Not a lot of enthusiasm for the 'physical activity bingo' cards though. Some people did have some curiosity-ish questions about LC, but there were a couple of people 'answering' questions asked of me with some negative (I think) misinformation. I tried to give more accurate info but I am the 'new girl' so I will see what happens. I am going to keep going to meetings for accountability.
CurveControl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Do I recall hearing something about a charm of some sort after 10 pounds of weight loss?
Did you get a copy of your chapter's bylaws? The info about the charms should be in there.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #190
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Did you get a copy of your chapter's bylaws? The info about the charms should be in there.
No, I didn't receive a copy of the bylaws.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tybeeanna
Stats: H286 }232VSG{ C162 G when I get there
WOE: low/carb 8-21-12
Start Date: 8/21/12
Hey Y'all How the heck have you all been??? I know I have been MIA Still working some days harder than others.. Hope you are all well
tybeeanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tybeeanna View Post
Hey Y'all How the heck have you all been??? I know I have been MIA Still working some days harder than others.. Hope you are all well
You are looking great!!! Good to see you here. Did you go back to your TOPS group?
Old 07-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Dianne, Thank you. I still have about 30 lb to go. Yes I have been back for about two mo. It is a good place for me & the people are really sweet, Same group with a new husband & wife team & one woman that is closer to my age. I feel like I have to lose or turtle cause if you gain your name goes in to draw for the next week program & lord knows I HATE getting up & speaking if front of people lol.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #194
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dirt-N-Flowers
Stats: 189.2/171.4/145 -- 68yo - 5'1.5"
WOE: LowCarb
Monday is meeting night. Had .8 loss. Eight week without a gain. If I would have remembered to take my phone out of my bra would have been a few ounces more. LOL
Several of us go out for a meal after the meeting. Had steak and salad. Very good.

I signed up for next weeks program. Hate doing programs but haven't done one in a very long time -- felt guilty.
Dirt-N-Flowers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:50 AM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Everyone seems to be doing great!! Keep up the good work!
I have been pretty much maintaining but would like to have a loss this week. I honestly have not been trying very hard (eating healthy just not really paying attention to portions) so I'm lucky I have not been gaining. I am about 5 lbs away from my goal unless my doctor says otherwise when I go get my goal slip. Not in any particular rush to get to my goal since I know staying in leeway is very difficult for some people. Hopefully it will not be for me! We have had 4 of our members lose their KOPS status so it worries me that I won't be able to do the same. The only good thing is that KOPS only have to weigh in 15 times per year so if I had a bad week or 2 I could choose not to weigh in that week to give myself more time to get back into leeway. I did not know KOPS could do this so now it makes me feel a bit better. Not too many KOPS have done this (choose not to weigh in) so it's unfortunate that weighing every single week for them made them lose their status.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:00 AM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Dirt & Flowers That is great 8 weeks Kismet I did not know that about the KOPS weigh in. We only have one in our little group and she always is in the range. Dianne wouldn't you know it 1 lb up and my name was drawn lol .Our leader saved me we are doing a craft project for the Fall rally and that is what we are doing next Mon You all have a great day
Old 07-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt-N-Flowers View Post
Monday is meeting night. Had .8 loss. Eight week without a gain. If I would have remembered to take my phone out of my bra would have been a few ounces more. LOL
Several of us go out for a meal after the meeting. Had steak and salad. Very good.

I signed up for next weeks program. Hate doing programs but haven't done one in a very long time -- felt guilty.
LOL!! about the phone in your bra. Yea, you would have been lighter.

Good job on having 8 weeks without a gain! If we have 6 weeks in a row without a gain, we then get a free month of dues. That is a good incentive for some.

I wish more would step up and do programs in our chapter. Once we had that as bonus points for a contest and we had a variety of people sign up. I might have to do that again.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Everyone seems to be doing great!! Keep up the good work!
I have been pretty much maintaining but would like to have a loss this week. I honestly have not been trying very hard (eating healthy just not really paying attention to portions) so I'm lucky I have not been gaining. I am about 5 lbs away from my goal unless my doctor says otherwise when I go get my goal slip. Not in any particular rush to get to my goal since I know staying in leeway is very difficult for some people. Hopefully it will not be for me! We have had 4 of our members lose their KOPS status so it worries me that I won't be able to do the same. The only good thing is that KOPS only have to weigh in 15 times per year so if I had a bad week or 2 I could choose not to weigh in that week to give myself more time to get back into leeway. I did not know KOPS could do this so now it makes me feel a bit better. Not too many KOPS have done this (choose not to weigh in) so it's unfortunate that weighing every single week for them made them lose their status.
The only drawback about KOPS choosing not to weigh-in but they attend the meeting is they are marked as absent and are not suppose to get to vote, etc. for that meeting. That is probably why some choose not to do that. I don't think you should fear becoming a KOPS. We have had 2 that lost their KOPS status but personally it was bad choices. If you get your weight in that bottom 7 lb. under goal, then it will be easier to stay there. The first 4 years I never even reached goal, I was always under. I just treated a lower weight as my goal weight and strived to stay there. I weigh daily and if I am up a lb. or more, then I cut back the carbs to very very low. That usually makes me fine again and then I can go back to eating some more carbs. JMHO. I have never been out of leeway in over 5 years. Our co-ordinator said you should treat the 3 lb. of leeway above goal as the warning zone. If you get there, work on losing weight to get back to goal.

Again about the not weighing in at a meeting, if they thought they would be out, they could opt out of weighing.

I AM NOW LESS THAN HALF OF MY FORMER SELF!!

Dianne

A proud TOPS member - became a KOPS on 4/24/08!

Join us over at the lowcarb TOPS thread. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-part-2-a.html
Old 07-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi Dianne, Thank you. I still have about 30 lb to go. Yes I have been back for about two mo. It is a good place for me & the people are really sweet, Same group with a new husband & wife team & one woman that is closer to my age. I feel like I have to lose or turtle cause if you gain your name goes in to draw for the next week program & lord knows I HATE getting up & speaking if front of people lol.
Quote:
Dirt & Flowers That is great 8 weeks Kismet I did not know that about the KOPS weigh in. We only have one in our little group and she always is in the range. Dianne wouldn't you know it 1 lb up and my name was drawn lol .Our leader saved me we are doing a craft project for the Fall rally and that is what we are doing next Mon You all have a great day
Ty, you are doing great. I know the members in my chapter would probably rebel if we drew names of the gainers to do programs. But it might be a very good motivator to not gain. I think I might mention it!

Oh you escaped it! LOL!!! Good thing you are doing a craft project.

We are having a KOPS graduation this Thursday night. The first we have had for almost 5 years. I hope it is inspiring for the members. We actually have 2 new KOPS but one will not let us recognize her at a ceremony or really even in front of the group.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:52 PM   #200
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi everyone Tomorrow night I am hoping to reach my first ten pound loss
Old 07-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tomswife
Stats: 251/240/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2008
[QUOTE=NWLoser;16518468]Susan, I am waiting to hear how your program about low carb lifestyle went. How did they like the oopsie rolls and flaxseed bread? I hope they weren't negative.

My group really is good as everyone at this point is accepting of the others' eating plans.

QUOTE]

I think it went ok. Some knew I low carbed but this time I didn't shy away from mentioning high fat and I could see confusion on peoples faces :-) But didn't have time to explain it much. People seemed to really enjoy the oopsie rolls. And I told them that if they are use to having breads and sugar that these probaly wouldn't taste as good. The flax bread they didn't care much for. I also soaked some chia seeds on a glass of almond milk for them to try.
But they were just excited that they got food during the meeting :-) I try to do fun programs like that. Some people will just get up there and read out of a book for 20 minutes and you can just see the women shifting in their chairs :-)
Old 07-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi everyone Tomorrow night I am hoping to reach my first ten pound loss
Jeanie, I hope you do it!!!
Old 07-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

[quote=tomswife;16528406]
Quote:
Susan, I am waiting to hear how your program about low carb lifestyle went. How did they like the oopsie rolls and flaxseed bread? I hope they weren't negative.

My group really is good as everyone at this point is accepting of the others' eating plans.

QUOTE]

I think it went ok. Some knew I low carbed but this time I didn't shy away from mentioning high fat and I could see confusion on peoples faces :-) But didn't have time to explain it much. People seemed to really enjoy the oopsie rolls. And I told them that if they are use to having breads and sugar that these probaly wouldn't taste as good. The flax bread they didn't care much for. I also soaked some chia seeds on a glass of almond milk for them to try.
But they were just excited that they got food during the meeting :-) I try to do fun programs like that. Some people will just get up there and read out of a book for 20 minutes and you can just see the women shifting in their chairs :-)
Hi Susan! Well it sounds like they weren't negative. They might not of understood but you just might have planted a little seed that grows. I hate it when members say they will do a program and they just read it. I like some "spin" on the topic or action. I try to jazz up the same program that they would read by doing an activity about it or using props.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #204
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh so close missed my first ten pound loss by a mere 1/4 of a pound. Oh well next week I'll nail it!
Old 07-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh so close missed my first ten pound loss by a mere 1/4 of a pound. Oh well next week I'll nail it!
Ahh. Yes, next week you will get there! Does your chapter give something for the 10 lb. loss? I hope so.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:07 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

You'll get it next week jeanie!!
Old 07-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

jeaniem You will rock that loss next week. Everyone have a GREAT weekend..
Old 07-31-2013, 07:07 PM   #208
Blabbermouth!!!

Nailed my first 10 pound loss tonight with a 1/4 pound to spare!!
Old 07-31-2013, 11:42 PM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Nailed my first 10 pound loss tonight with a 1/4 pound to spare!!

That is awesome! Does your chapter have a reward for that?
Old 08-01-2013, 08:02 AM   #210
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

That is awesome! Does your chapter have a reward for that?
Yes some sort of charm bracelet? They said they needed to order it.