Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #151
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
I didn't go last week for the weigh in (there was no meeting due to the holiday), I think that knowing I wasn't weighing in for two weeks allowed me to get too lax and I will be up this week. I am trying really hard to get my mind back where it needs to be!
jeaniem is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tomswife
Stats: 251/240/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
Thanks Dianne. I will ask my leader about the manual. There is no meeting next week due to the 4th of July.
I am still losing slowly but only a few pounds away from my goal. It is so hard to lose the last few!!
Great job on your loss jeanie! Just stick with it and you will get results. I know how it is with late meetings. I usually weigh in around 5:30 then eat something at the meeting since I don't get home til around 8pm to have dinner. I typically don't eat much during the day of my weigh in. I make sure I always wear the same clothes every week so that my weigh ins are accurate. People are always complaining to me that they gained because their dress/belt/underwear/bra was too heavy LOL Well, I figure if I wear the same thing every week I will have no excuses to give myself! I guess the people who have meetings at 9am have it easier than us but just do the best you can.
I love having a 9AM meeting. Mainly because I'm not an evening person :-) But I always eat breakfast before I leave the house. I never worry about what I wear. My official weight for me is what I weigh at home, first thing in the morning. A few ounces one way or the other at TOPS isn't going to bother the bottom line :-)
tomswife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:22 PM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/132/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Right now it's not super important regarding a few ounces for me but once I'm a KOPS I know that I could be out of leeway at the drop of a hat. For my own peace of mind I'm going to stick to my "system" but I always tell people to do what makes them feel comfortable.
Kismet311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:24 PM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
I didn't go last week for the weigh in (there was no meeting due to the holiday), I think that knowing I wasn't weighing in for two weeks allowed me to get too lax and I will be up this week. I am trying really hard to get my mind back where it needs to be!
We also missed our meeting due to the holiday. I know how it is getting lax when you think you have a free holiday week!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Last week we had a few very hot days and so my walking has not been good either.

Weight up a tiny bit as we didn't have a weigh-in on the 4th and it was a little easy to overeat. But it will be under goal by this Thursday. Just a little tiny above.

Hope everyone else is having a great summer!
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #156
Formerlychubchick

Gallery: CurveControl
Stats: 200/172.4/130
WOE: LC JUDD/TOPS

I haven't posted in a few weeks, Still making meetings, not as many as I would like, Have had some conflicts.

I have my first program this week (tonight) and I am curious as to how many of you all use the TOPS website member area? I hadn't really spent much time exploring there, so I was thinking for my program I would present TOPS and print off some of the stuff they offer. (inspirational calendar, printable weekly weight loss calendar, stuff like that) as well as actually introducing myself and a brief overview of my WOE (Low carb JUDD) since I am pretty new, and no one there knows much abut me.

For today, July 9, 2013 the inspirational note is to try sugar snap peas dipped in Hummus, so I will take a couple of bags of SSPs and a few flavors of Hummus. (In our meetings the only thing allowed at the table are liquids, but we have a table for tasting before or after meetings)

I don't remember anyone from my chapter talking about the stuff you can use on the website, and I don't think they go there much.

My other idea is talking about how important non scale victories are.

I don't want you guys to think this is a last minute thing, I have been percolating and sifting ideas and researching different things, but the idea to do a "Do utilize all the free stuff that TOPS offers?" program hit me while I was looking through the site.

Too Cheesy?
CurveControl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #157
Big Yapper!!!!

Molly
I am a little annoyed that I can not access the TOPS website as I have yet to receive my member number. The chapter coordinator just emailed me today and said he is looking into why he has not received my application. I know the check was cashed but I never received my member number. Anyway we had a regional manager present at our last meeting and she used some of the very things you mentioned during her presentation, so I would think not cheesy at all.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Molly, I think it is a great idea! I might borrow from you and use your idea next week. I don't think the members know how much information is on the website. There are even great programs you can print and present. So good idea.

Jeanie, that is super annoying. I would be perturbed if they didn't have my member number yet. I hope they get it to you soon. Have you received any magazines yet? If so they number would be on the back.

Hope everyone is having a great summer. I love that now that I am at goal I can feel comfortable wearing shorts. When I was heavy I never wore them outside my home. Now I love that I can throw on a pair of shorts and run to town. Yeah! Not literally run, but drive. I live out on a farm.

I AM NOW LESS THAN HALF OF MY FORMER SELF!!

Dianne

A proud TOPS member - became a KOPS on 4/24/08!

Join us over at the lowcarb TOPS thread. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-part-2-a.html
Old 07-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

I have not gotten my TOPS magazine for this month...I heard others got it 2 weeks ago! I ask about it on Thursday.

I go to the website a lot and printed off some stuff for the members. I am also making a box where people can put in tips regarding weight loss and we can have a "tip of the week". I find that even the programs are usually good, some people are still "lost" and do not know where to start when it comes to weight loss, especially since we have so many new members.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:14 PM   #160
Formerlychubchick

I am glad you confirmed my idea, because I have printed a boat load of stuff off to share at the meeting!

Printed copies of the inspirational calendar and the weekly goal calendar and a Physical Activity Bingo card for everyone for tonight. I was hoping for a daily goal calendar but there isn't one at the site and I am staying with "stuff we can get from the website site" as my theme.

Maybe they wont notice I am up a pound
Old 07-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Awesome! I forget, are you the leader??
Old 07-10-2013, 06:31 AM   #162
Formerlychubchick

Oh gosh NO! we sign up to do programs at the meetings. This was just my first program. It was kind of funny, I did the activity bingo, but when asked about my WOE/WOL when I said Low Carb/JUDD some folks did not have a great reaction. Some are doing a low carb type diet but are keeping carbs at about 80 because they think any lower is unhealthy. Thankfully I have my doc on my side so that is that LOL.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:53 PM   #163
Big Yapper!!!!

Do you guys have challenges or anything at your meetings? I need something more than just talking and weighing in I think. One of the ladies remarked that now that the group had new members they had to talk about diet. I don't think she meant anything by the remark, but it just makes me wonder if they are used to their own social niche?

ETA- The new members are me and my sister

Is anyone having trouble logging into the website. I can't get in just now.

Last edited by jeaniem; 07-10-2013 at 01:00 PM..
Old 07-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #164
Formerlychubchick

I have only been there a couple of months but they do challenges, I haven't been in one yet though.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Do you guys have challenges or anything at your meetings? I need something more than just talking and weighing in I think. One of the ladies remarked that now that the group had new members they had to talk about diet. I don't think she meant anything by the remark, but it just makes me wonder if they are used to their own social niche?

ETA- The new members are me and my sister

Is anyone having trouble logging into the website. I can't get in just now.
Jeanie, We have ongoing contests all the time. Maybe you can volunteer to do a contest. We do contests where you earn points for losing, staying, exercising, etc. Many times the contest is for losing and exercising combined. You earn points for each over usually 4-6 weeks and the one with the most points earns a prize. We have done all kinds of contests and if I remember right there are some on the website. We have had individual contests and team contests. The mix of people we have right now does better as individuals.

That is strange that the lady said that about having to talk about diets now that you are the new members. Maybe she feels like she "knows" it all. Maybe you could volunteer to do one of the programs from the website and jazz it up. I was just on the website and did not have any trouble logging on.

At our area meetings they have shown us how to jazz up programs with props or putting our own spin on it. It makes it more fun and not just reading word for word.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:23 PM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurveControl View Post
Oh gosh NO! we sign up to do programs at the meetings. This was just my first program. It was kind of funny, I did the activity bingo, but when asked about my WOE/WOL when I said Low Carb/JUDD some folks did not have a great reaction. Some are doing a low carb type diet but are keeping carbs at about 80 because they think any lower is unhealthy. Thankfully I have my doc on my side so that is that LOL.
When I first joined TOPS 6 1/2 years ago I didn't really say much about what I do for my WOE. Over time I have shared but I do think the beauty of TOPS is you can do whatever plan you want. I talk about that a lot and there should be no judgment on what works for one member. Everyone has to find what WOE works for them.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:46 PM   #167
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWLoser View Post
Jeanie, We have ongoing contests all the time. Maybe you can volunteer to do a contest. We do contests where you earn points for losing, staying, exercising, etc. Many times the contest is for losing and exercising combined. You earn points for each over usually 4-6 weeks and the one with the most points earns a prize. We have done all kinds of contests and if I remember right there are some on the website. We have had individual contests and team contests. The mix of people we have right now does better as individuals.

That is strange that the lady said that about having to talk about diets now that you are the new members. Maybe she feels like she "knows" it all. Maybe you could volunteer to do one of the programs from the website and jazz it up. I was just on the website and did not have any trouble logging on.

At our area meetings they have shown us how to jazz up programs with props or putting our own spin on it. It makes it more fun and not just reading word for word.
Thanks Dianne. I did briefly think about creating a challenge but didn't know how it would be received.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanie, you might find out the group would be happy and relieved not to have to plan & run a contest. I think you should bring it up. I have been running/making/planning the contests for the last 5 or 6 years and I would be thrilled if someone stepped up to do one.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #169
Big Yapper!!!!

Dianne
Can you give me some ideas? Down another lb. last night, I was the loser of the month but didn't collect because I missed a weigh in.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #170
Formerlychubchick

Jeanie if you go to the website in the members area they give ideas for each week in July. I used the activity Bingo listed for the 1st week in July because no one had done it in my group.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #171
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Jeanie if you go to the website in the members area they give ideas for each week in July. I used the activity Bingo listed for the 1st week in July because no one had done it in my group.
I don't see anything there like this?
Old 07-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Dianne
Can you give me some ideas? Down another lb. last night, I was the loser of the month but didn't collect because I missed a weigh in.
Jeanie that is great on the loss!

Here is a link to a website called: whywelovetops

contests This has lots of contest ideas. You can use one or adapt it to fit your group. Hope this helps!
Old 07-12-2013, 03:27 AM   #173
Formerlychubchick

Quote:
I don't see anything there like this?
Did you go to the members area of the TOPS official website? You use your member number to log in and your password. It is an org not a com.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:24 AM   #174
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks found it!
Old 07-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tomswife
Stats: 251/240/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWLoser View Post
When I first joined TOPS 6 1/2 years ago I didn't really say much about what I do for my WOE. Over time I have shared but I do think the beauty of TOPS is you can do whatever plan you want. I talk about that a lot and there should be no judgment on what works for one member. Everyone has to find what WOE works for them.
Hi Dianne, How's it going :-) I know it says somewhere that TOPS supports all diets but the members don't. Most of the programs I've done has been motivation type programs. While I have to sit through other people programs about what they feel is "healthy". I've actually had a few ladies say that cutting out sugar is unhealthy. Anyway, so this Tuesday I'm going to make them sit through my low carb lifestyle. Complete with the high fat talk. I'm also going to hand out samples of the oopsie rolls and flaxseed bread. That's payback for all the eyerolling I've had to do through the years :-)
Old 07-16-2013, 10:46 PM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomswife View Post
Hi Dianne, How's it going :-) I know it says somewhere that TOPS supports all diets but the members don't. Most of the programs I've done has been motivation type programs. While I have to sit through other people programs about what they feel is "healthy". I've actually had a few ladies say that cutting out sugar is unhealthy. Anyway, so this Tuesday I'm going to make them sit through my low carb lifestyle. Complete with the high fat talk. I'm also going to hand out samples of the oopsie rolls and flaxseed bread. That's payback for all the eyerolling I've had to do through the years :-)
Susan, I am waiting to hear how your program about low carb lifestyle went. How did they like the oopsie rolls and flaxseed bread? I hope they weren't negative.

My group really is good as everyone at this point is accepting of the others' eating plans.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 07-17-2013, 08:28 AM   #177
Formerlychubchick

I skipped the meeting last night. I am still a little peeved abut the negative stuff and misinformation they had.
plus I cheated all week LOL
Old 07-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #178
Big Yapper!!!!

I had a 2.5 pound loss this week, really happy about that as I am well past the water loss stage and am really starting to lose inches/fat now.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I skipped the meeting last night. I am still a little peeved abut the negative stuff and misinformation they had.
plus I cheated all week LOL
Sorry to hear that. Are you saying the members had the negative stuff, etc?
Did they like your program?

Old 07-17-2013, 07:35 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I had a 2.5 pound loss this week, really happy about that as I am well past the water loss stage and am really starting to lose inches/fat now.
That is so cool!