Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 10:13 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBeth View Post
Hello all! I'm so glad to see this thread up and going again.
My chapter's leader moved away a few weeks ago and they elected ME as the new Leader. Installation is this Tuesday night.
Still kind of in the "don't know what I'm doing" mode, but I'll do my best.
Beth! I am excited for you to be leader. Yeah! On the TOPS website there is an outline for an entire year and if you want, you can use it. It makes it very easy. I know you will be good.

Oh my Beth!!!! I just saw your stats! You have done awesome!
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
I'm thinking about attending a meeting. I do like meeting with others, I would just hope that there would be some low carbers in the meetings that I would attend. I have 2 in my area, not sure how to judge which would be better - guess I would just have to go with the most convenient??
I would visit one and see if it is a fit. If not, visit the other one. I have spoke to many chapters and everyone has always been friendly. But some wouldn't have been a good fit for me while others were just my style! LOL!

I hope you attend as you will feel so welcome and it is great to meet with others who know where you are coming from with struggles with food.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:21 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Let's keep this thread more active. I love "chatting" with other TOPS members. It is very cool that you are lowcarb and TOPS!

For the first 4 years of being a KOPS, I stayed under goal the entire time. Last year for the first time, I was at goal and a few times in the leeway above goal. I have never been out of leeway. This year I am back to staying under goal! I love it. I did up my carbs some and wonder if that is what is helping me maintain at the lower weight. Just something I am keeping track of and can study. Most of the time I still measure my food and record it to keep myself accountable. I am honest when I overeat or eat something that is not so great. That is the beauty of this whole thing. I would never ever have thought 7 years ago that I would be able to maintain at a low weight. Over the last 35 years, I had yo-yo dieted myself up to 235. I think if I had never tried all the diets, etc. that I might not have gained all the weight. Everytime I lost a little, I would stop watching what I ate and gain the weight back and more. So I am loving the way I eat now.

Hope to hear from you all! Love my TOPS peeps!

I AM NOW LESS THAN HALF OF MY FORMER SELF!!

Dianne

A proud TOPS member - became a KOPS on 4/24/08!

Join us over at the lowcarb TOPS thread. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-part-2-a.html
Old 03-27-2013, 08:48 AM   #94
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Anniebook diva
Stats: 258/174/140
WOE: TOPS LC
Start Date: TOPS2009
Hi
Been busy making weight loss bingo boards for our group. This is my first time being a secretary for a group and i am learning as I go along.
I found a pair of white shoes for the day I become a KOPS. I have a terrible time finding low heel dress shoes plus I have to have wide width shoes.
I am confused about KOPS status;
is it that your weight can go as much as 5 lbs. below goal or you have to get another weight slip from the doctors/
or if you gain up to 3 lbs. above goal you have 2 weeks to loose that weight or you will lose your KOPS status?

Trying to figure out a menu for the holiday. I am a vegetarian and the rest of my family is not.

Dianne- I understand the yo-yo diet part. When I think about all the times I have lost weight, each time i gained back even more than I original weighed. I kept caving in to pressure of low carb is bad for you and my former doctor not supporting this lifestyle.
I love that I have learned that I don't have to be perfect all the time and can pick myself up and dust myself off and keep going.

Have a great day
Annie
Anniebook diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:03 PM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniebook diva View Post
Hi
Been busy making weight loss bingo boards for our group. This is my first time being a secretary for a group and i am learning as I go along.
I found a pair of white shoes for the day I become a KOPS. I have a terrible time finding low heel dress shoes plus I have to have wide width shoes.
I am confused about KOPS status;
is it that your weight can go as much as 5 lbs. below goal or you have to get another weight slip from the doctors/
or if you gain up to 3 lbs. above goal you have 2 weeks to loose that weight or you will lose your KOPS status?

Have a great day
Annie
Annie, KOPS set a specific goal for example mine is 115. Then you are "legal" at 7 lb. under that and 3 lb. over that. So there is a 10 lb. spread. So I am maintaining as a good KOPS from 108-118. Now if I go below 108 or above 118, I have 2 weeks to get back into that leeway of 108-118. If I do not, then I lose my KOPS status. If you lose KOPS status you have to get to goal weight not just in the leeway. I hope that helps. I have never been above 118 or below 108. Most of the time I am under 115 which is a comfortable zone.

So what are your weight loss Bingo cards? Is it for a contest?

You will make a great secretary. We all have to learn by doing it and you will see being secretary is pretty easy at least in my chapter.

I hear you on the wide feet! At least my feet are not as wide as when I was heavy but I still have to have wide shoes most of the time. I am actually a size down after losing weight!

Are you graduating at SRD? Or are you just getting ready with those white shoes?

I graduated at chapter.

Have a great night everyone!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:56 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MissBeth
Stats: 320/185/140
WOE: Carb Cycling
Start Date: Jan. 19, 2008
Hi Dianne--Thank you, now that we've had the installation, I'm getting kind of excited about being Leader. I don't know if I have Leader access yet on the TOPS site b/c I was slow in getting our new officer names to our Area Director (is that even the right title for her?). The Leader who just moved away left me her notebook and plenty of meeting ideas to get me through for a while.

Annie--I was Secretary of my chapter this past year and I enjoyed it. To me, it's the easiest of the officer jobs, but then again I've been a secretary most of my life so it comes naturally to me. Take minutes on a form, type them up, email to the members. Seems like I should have done alot more, but the Leader, Treasurer, and Weight Recorders take care of the type of things that, in my regular job, I would do.
I hope you enjoy it.
Shoes: When you find a pair that looks and feels good, you HAVE to buy them. And like they say, if the shoe fits, buy one in every color
Old 03-28-2013, 06:58 AM   #97
Junior LCF Member

Thank you for your reply. Hopefully I will be able to go to the doctors soon and get my weight slip for goal.
We are using the bingo game as a fund raiser for our chapter because it is so small. It is a great incentive to lose.
I did not win my division but we had one person lose 100 lbs and our club average was very good.
I had to find the shoes for the dream of making goal. I had been searching for about 2 1/2 years to find white low heel shoes. now i am starting to save up for srd; i did not realize how much it is going to cost.

Trying to up my exercise because I am tired of being stuck in this rut.

Annie
Old 03-29-2013, 09:30 AM   #98
Junior LCF Member

Hi
So happy today; we have a new member and she showed up again today! We have had so many people come for there first visit and not come back again.

I lost 1 pound this week !! I am out of the rut
I will change my stats when I am passed a certain point.
Annie

Last edited by Anniebook diva; 03-29-2013 at 09:32 AM..
Old 03-29-2013, 09:39 AM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
It's so nice to see you all here regularly!
We had our installation at the meeting last night. I am the new weight recorder!! Also, I got 2nd place in division 4 for the most weight lost last year. I didn't even lose that much!! I am also past my 20lbs so I will get my charm for that. I lost 1lb this week but we had a potluck after the meeting so I probably gained it back I will have to be diligent next week (starting after Easter of course haha). I will check it and see if anyone's around this weekend!
Old 03-29-2013, 01:40 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniebook diva View Post
Hi
So happy today; we have a new member and she showed up again today! We have had so many people come for there first visit and not come back again.

I lost 1 pound this week !! I am out of the rut
I will change my stats when I am passed a certain point.
Annie
Congratulations on getting out of that rut Annie!!

That is great the new member came back! Sometimes having a new member recharges the group! Hope is does for yours.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
It's so nice to see you all here regularly!
We had our installation at the meeting last night. I am the new weight recorder!! Also, I got 2nd place in division 4 for the most weight lost last year. I didn't even lose that much!! I am also past my 20lbs so I will get my charm for that. I lost 1lb this week but we had a potluck after the meeting so I probably gained it back I will have to be diligent next week (starting after Easter of course haha). I will check it and see if anyone's around this weekend!
Kismet, congratulations on being a division winner!! Awesome. Congratulations on getting past the 20 lb. loss! You are doing great. Congratulations for being the new weight recorder! In my opinion it is the hardest and most important job in the chapter. I am sure you will do great!

I challenged my group last night. I said if you come back next Thursday with a loss or turtle, you will win a prize. The KOPS have to be at goal or under to win. I bought a bunch of those dancing flowers at The Dollar Tree and they will be the prizes. You can't help but smile when you see them dancing. They look like a potted daisy and have a solar cell that charges from the light. When it is charged with light the leaves wave and the daisy moves. I think they are cute. I was hoping this will challenge them to not overindulge in rich foods on Easter and hopefully pass up the Easter candy which is so abundant, at least at my family gatherings.

Last edited by NWLoser; 03-29-2013 at 01:45 PM..
Old 03-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

I was also going to reach out to you all about getting my chapter enthused again. I think a few people have set the mood lately and it is in an apathetic mode. I am very upbeat and positive but I am not sure how to get them onboard. If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them.

Have a great Easter and stay away from the candy!
Old 03-30-2013, 05:54 AM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

We are trying to think of a Spring contest to run about 5-6 weeks. Although our group is very positive and fun, the board thinks we could use a good pick me up for the new season! I would love to hear anyone's ideas and will pass on my board's ideas to you also Dianne!!
Kismet311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Hey all! Can someone help me with a weight recorder question? Thanks!
Old 04-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

I might be able to. What is the question?

Hope you are all having a good week. I am anxious to see how many come tonight with a loss or turtle. If you remember I challenged them and I have those solar dancing flowers to give out. I will report later.

HUGS!
Old 04-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

We are trying to name the loser of the month (for march) and I was told to take the beginning weight of the month and ending weight of the month. On the chart, the beginning weight is the ending weight for the previous month. The leader thinks we should take the first weight of march and the last weight of march. Which would you do?
Old 04-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

I will ask our weight recorder for sure, but I think we take the first weigh-in of the month and subtract the last weigh-in.

Only 8 out of 18 lost or turtled tonight. I was a little disappointed as I wanted to give out more dancing flowers.

Hope you had a good weigh-in this week everyone. I am 2.8 lb. under goal which is a happy place.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

OMG so many gains this week at my meeting! I, on the other hand, lost the pound I gained last week plus some. I'll take it! It's time again to figure out the loser of the month but I think I've got a handle on it. We have a new contest going. Everyone who loses a certain amount of weight in the next 2 months will get a prize. I hope I can do it but I am so close to my goal weight now it's getting harder!

How is everyone doing? The weather has been lovely and I have been out working in the garden. Great way to burn calories
Old 05-02-2013, 02:14 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Elizabeth779
Stats: 300/290/150
WOE: High Fat, Low Carb
Start Date: Restart 9-10-14
Hi everyone -- hi Diane -- I haven't been by here for a while but did want to report to you I'm still staying LC and have now lost almost 40 pounds!!! YAYYYYY!!!! I feel so much better without that 40 pounds and really feel good being low carb. I'm now starting my fifth month of LC. I'm going to try to make some revolution rolls tomorrow.....So Diane, how are you doing now?

So everyone on the thread sounds busy with TOPS club projects.

Everyone hang in there and LC hug.
Elizabeth779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:27 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Great job, Elizabeth!
Old 05-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth779 View Post
Hi everyone -- hi Diane -- I haven't been by here for a while but did want to report to you I'm still staying LC and have now lost almost 40 pounds!!! YAYYYYY!!!! I feel so much better without that 40 pounds and really feel good being low carb. I'm now starting my fifth month of LC. I'm going to try to make some revolution rolls tomorrow.....So Diane, how are you doing now?

So everyone on the thread sounds busy with TOPS club projects.

Everyone hang in there and LC hug.
Wow Elizabeth!! Way to go. I am so proud of you! Do you go to your TOPS meetings? You are on a roll.

I haven't made revolution rolls for a few years. I might have to make them again. I do like them.

I am doing fine and just celebrated 5 years as a KOPS! Wow, it went fast. I am in a good place staying under goal.

Hop on it more often. It is great to hear from you.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
OMG so many gains this week at my meeting! I, on the other hand, lost the pound I gained last week plus some. I'll take it! It's time again to figure out the loser of the month but I think I've got a handle on it. We have a new contest going. Everyone who loses a certain amount of weight in the next 2 months will get a prize. I hope I can do it but I am so close to my goal weight now it's getting harder!

How is everyone doing? The weather has been lovely and I have been out working in the garden. Great way to burn calories
We have had some of those weeks this year. We end up with a net gain which is discouraging. I hope now that the weather is better that people are more motivated.

It is harder when you are close to your goal but you can do it!
Old 05-03-2013, 03:18 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

We had a great meeting last night. Huge losses compared to gains! Our contest is going well and I think a lot of people will get a prize this time if they keep it up.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:03 AM   #114
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
Thanks for all your info Kismet. Has anyone done TOPS online?
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
You're welcome!
Old 05-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
I have not so I really am not sure what it involves. I know that you would have access to a lot of information on the TOPS website which is very helpful. If you join online, please let us know what it involves.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and are ready to have a great week. The weather is beautiful here right now which helps to motivate me to move more.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, the weather is beautiful here too! We have been outside working in the garden and I can't wait to have veggies growing. I did not go to the gym at all last week but at least I lost .8, probably from shoveling all that dirt!
Old 05-17-2013, 03:41 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

TGIF!!! Had a good meeting last night. Are any of you seeing an influx of new members lately? It's crazy! 2 new people at the beginning of the month and another yesterday. We are going to outgrow our meeting room!

Hope everyone is doing well. I've had a few tiny losses but hope to kick it up a notch this coming week!
Old 05-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Kismet. We also have had 3 new members this month. I am surprised as it is usually January and fall when we get them.

We had a good meeting last night with the majority losing!

Remember those tiny losses add up!

Hope everyone else is doing well. Check in and let us know how you are doing. I have stayed under goal since January 1 and that is my goal for the year. I have never been out of leeway but last year was above goal a number of times. That is an uncomfortable feeling for me. So I am striving to keep it under like I did the first 4 years.

Have a great weekend!
Old 05-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Did anyone take part in the online chats this week on the TOPS site? I went in and chatted with some people before the program started but by 9:30 I was falling alseep and it didn't start til 10 my time so I had to skip it. I will have to print out the transcripts.