Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131.8/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Where is everyone!! Hope you all are doing well!
Kismet311 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Hi Kismet!

I don't know why this thread has gotten so quiet.

I am doing fine staying below goal. Some days it is hard as I want to eat everything in sight. Other days I don't want to eat that much at all. I wonder if this is how a "normal" slim person eats/thinks. If so, I am liking it.

How are you doing? How is your group?

Our chapter did not have a great end of the year. We only had 3 or so who had a net loss. We had 2 KOPS who lost status. They each were 4 year KOPS. I think though that January we have gotten back on track. So we will see how the next few months go.

I will celebrate 5 years as a KOPS in April. Boy, the time has flown by! I should be having the thinking of a normal person but I don't think that is going to ever happen. In some ways I think I will always have a "fat" mentality. After so many years of dieting and yo-yo dieting, it is a hard mental picture to change. It is better but food/dieting can overtake my thinking if I let it. I still am startled at times when a stranger says something like you are a "little lady" or something to that effect. I start thinking who are they talking to? Or I think they must be blind. I think it happens most often when clothes are involved. For example, if I am looking at some clothes someone might say, you are way too small for that or that would fit you. I don't have good judgment while looking at those things. I have to see it to believe it. Or if we are somewhere someone will say, Dianne is the only one who could fit through there, etc. Hopefully one of these days my mind will catch up to my body.

Have a great week!

I AM NOW LESS THAN HALF OF MY FORMER SELF!!

Dianne

A proud TOPS member - became a KOPS on 4/24/08!

Join us over at the lowcarb TOPS thread. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-part-2-a.html
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:41 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Great to hear from you Dianne! My meetings are going well although I've been stalled a bit but I know I need to increase my exercise since I am about 10 lbs from goal and those last lbs are always the hardest for me if I do not exercise. We got a new KOPS so we had a party and also a reinstatement ceremony for one who lost status. THey are all figuring I will reach my goal soon so I am hoping I don't disappoint them. I reallllllllllllllllllly want to go to SRD!!! There is one woman who does not have a roommate yet so if I can go for free as a KOPS then I have a room waiting for me.

I hope everyone is doing well. Winter is always so hard for me since I like to be outside in the fresh air but in NY it is almost impossible to walk this time of year (unless you don't mind freezing LOL). Check in fellow TOPS and tell us how you're doing
Old 03-01-2013, 02:53 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Elizabeth779
Stats: 298/287.0/140
WOE: High Fat, Low Carb
Start Date: Restart 4-5-14 -- 287.0
Hi everyone -- HIIIIIIIIIIII DIANE!!!!

I stopped by to see how everyone is doing....Diane, it's interesting how even 5 years on KOPS you are still with the other mentality mindset.....but I'm still so thrilled at your success.

I went back on low carb about the third week of January and have lost 22 pounds. This time I'm doing it as a forever WOE instead of a diet mentality and that is making a huge difference in my motivation. I am being careful about my 20 gms and eating more fat than I used to which is also helping.

So how are you, and your family, and the cabin? The last time we talked you had just gotten the cabin and had a lot of fix it plans to do.

I'm glad this thread is still going.....remember to drink your water!

Plan: High fat, Low Carb food, water, Gym, REPEAT.
Elizabeth779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Elizabeth! I missed you!!!! I was just thinking about texting or emailing you this week. So glad to hear how you are doing. That is inspirational.

For me the turning point was when I stopped dieting and changed my way of eating forever. I love the way I eat. I think having higher fat is where its at! LOL!!! You are on a roll. KUTGW!

Now fellow TOPS we need to keep this thread active. If you only post a line or so a week we can keep it going.

My family is doing great and we are enjoying our place at the coast. We will be leaving shortly to spend the weekend. We have the place just the way we like it and it is nice to have a place to go and get away from the everyday stuff. I usually sleep a lot when we are there.

Hope to hear from more of you TOPS people soon.

Love to all of you!!
Old 03-05-2013, 01:56 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Elizabeth779
Stats: 298/287.0/140
WOE: High Fat, Low Carb
Start Date: Restart 4-5-14 -- 287.0
Hi Diane -- I'm down to 274....and very happy about that. That means I've completed 1/6th of my journey toward goal weight....

I started going to the gym again, and came home to LC strawberry ice cream....made the heacy whipping cream and a little splenda...whipped it up, added 4 minced small strawberries, and also added just a tiny bit SF strawberry jello....then stuck it in tupperware and into the freezer until i came home from gym....it was yummmmm.
Elizabeth779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Elizabeth congrats on getting to 1/6 of the way!! That is awesome! The LC ice cream sounds delicious!! You could make it in lots of flavors. I will have to try it.

Weight is staying stable. I have upped my calories and carbs a bit and still staying within +/- 1 weight range. I am happy about that.

How is everyone else doing?

Have a great week!
Old 03-05-2013, 02:28 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Hey all! Having a good week. Hubby signed us up for the gym as a surprise bday present so we are going to try to go as much as we can. I hope to have a good loss by Thursday's weigh in. I will let you know how it goes. Glad to see everyone!!
Old 03-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tomswife
Stats: 251/240/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2008
Hi guys,
I've sure been enjoying everyones post. We had officer elections today. I've been coleader 3 years so I really didn't care whether I was nominated or not. Well, turns out we got a new leader, secretary, and treasurer but everyone thought I did a great job and didn't want me to leave so I'm coleader for another year :-) But it'll be nice to have new people around me.
Dianne, I was going to e-mail you and couldn't find your address. We're going through Portland tomorrow and would like to meet up with you if you're going to be around. E-mail me. We're leaving early tomorrow morning.
Take care everyone,

Susan
Old 03-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Susan. Give me a call when you get close to Woodburn. What time were you going to be around? I have to babysit in the afternoon and pick up my granddaughter. I could bring my grandson along but have to be at the school at 3:15. So let me know about what time you think it will be. It would be great to see you! Are you going to SRD?
Old 03-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Dianne,
I'm thinking I'll be there between 3 and 4. I'll give you a call and if I have to wait a bit, I will. I'm not going to srd. Eugene is just a bit to far to travel. I don't think anyone from my group is going.
tomswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Susan, what day are you going back home? If it is Friday - Monday or in the morning it would work a lot better for me. I will have to juggle the 2 kids tomorrow but if it is the only time that will work, I will try it. Just let me know.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Dianne,
I'm not exactly sure. Either late Sunday or Monday. I can call when we get close to Woodburn and if you can't do it, we'll just go on and try to do it on the way back.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:38 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds good. Hope to see you soon.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:11 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Hello ladies! I had my meeting last night but it was very short due to bad weather. I finally had a good loss since I had been going up and down a few ounces all of February! I ate the same just wasn't moving enough and finally joined the gym so hopefully that will get me to goal. I am .2 lbs away from my 20lb charm!!! I'm so excited. We will have elections next week and I might have some good news (or bad news depending on how you look at it LOL) after next week's meeting. Have a great weekend all!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Kismet, that is great! I love it when the weight starts moving down after bouncing around. You are so close to your 20 lb. charm!! Congrats.

Are you an officer now?

I was re-elected as leader last night. All of the officers were re-elected. I think we have a good team so I am happy about it.

I am staying under goal since January so I am very happy about that. I stayed under goal for 4 years and then 2012 I bounced up a 1-2 lb. a couple of times but never out of leeway. I feel the most comfortable under goal.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Old 03-11-2013, 06:40 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

I might be appointed weight recorder. The new leader appoints that position so we will see. I already sat with the current weight recorder to see what she does...it seems like a hard job though. What do you say to the person who gained 5 lbs??? Better luck next time?? LOL I'm not really sure...I guess I will do my best to encourage people. I am less than 10 lbs from my goal and I believe that I am the lowest weighing person there. There is one cute old lady who is around my weight and she is a KOPS. She is doing great keeping her weight off for about 5 years now. I hope I can do that when i'm her age. She has to be around 75 or 80!

I do have a question about becoming a KOPS. Is it true you have to get a doctor's note for your goal slip?? I only go to the doctor's office about once a year and have no desire to go more often LOL I would have to make a special appointment to get a note? It just seems like a pain!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
I might be appointed weight recorder. The new leader appoints that position so we will see. I already sat with the current weight recorder to see what she does...it seems like a hard job though. What do you say to the person who gained 5 lbs??? Better luck next time?? LOL I'm not really sure...I guess I will do my best to encourage people. I am less than 10 lbs from my goal and I believe that I am the lowest weighing person there. There is one cute old lady who is around my weight and she is a KOPS. She is doing great keeping her weight off for about 5 years now. I hope I can do that when i'm her age. She has to be around 75 or 80!

I do have a question about becoming a KOPS. Is it true you have to get a doctor's note for your goal slip?? I only go to the doctor's office about once a year and have no desire to go more often LOL I would have to make a special appointment to get a note? It just seems like a pain!
We have a lady in our group who has been a member over 45 years. She was a KOPS for about 42 of the years and lost status to being underweight. She is now a KOPS once again. She is 88 and I just hope I can do so well when I get there! LOL!

There are training sessions for officers and weight recorders in my state every year or two. If you are not sure what the right thing to say is, just be encouraging. We were told not to say, it is alright "honey" or some such thing. We don't want to enable them but on the other side we don't want to be task masters. It is a little bit of a fine line area. I am sure you could do it. If you see your area captain, they can give advice also.

To become a KOPS, you must have an official weight goal slip. It can be from a chiropractor, doctor, nurse, nurse practitioner, etc. It needs to be on a prescription pad or on a letterhead from them. It needs to be an exact weight. It cannot be between 2 numbers, for example, 130-135. It has to be exact as TOPS gives you the leeway. Once you become the KOPS, you can go under goal 7 lb. or over goal 3 lb. Hope that helps! If you know your doctor's office, they might just give it to you without a visit.

I got to have a meet up with tomswife, aka Susan on Saturday night. If you ever get the chance to meet someone from this board, it is really a great experience. We had a great visit. Hope you got home okay Susan.

Hope everyone has a great week. Let's vow to post after our weekly meeting to stay accountable. My meetings are Thursday night.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, Diane and I meet up once or twice a year. She is such a great person, guys. Just like on here :-) I got to meet her husband this time which was great. I was worried my husband would get bored with the girl talk so this gave him someone to talk to also.
My TOPS group is Tuesday morning and my vacation sure showed on the scale. I thought I did relatively well but I did have a couple cheat meals. I was up 3 pounds. Time to get serious about this thing. I'm thinking about doing a meat/egg diet for a few days. I've done that before and it seems to be the quickest way to nip the cravings in the bud.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Question please? I have been reading over your thread and am just wondering, what is it that lured you to TOPS versus another weight loss organization? What would you say are the perks?
rotay60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

These are the perks that I think are great:

Low cost - $28 annual membership which includes 10 copies of TOPS News magazine. Monthly dues are set by each chapter but are usually $3-$5.

Accountability - Knowing you will weigh in each week

Diet - there is no subscribed diet. They have some suggested ways of eating but it is totally up to you.

Support - I have met so many people through TOPS and we are all going through the same struggles. The support is wonderful.

Recognition The only weight loss group that recognizes its "losers" as winners. I was our state queen runner-up when I got to goal. So you have recognition at the local, state and even possibly international level.

Incentives There are contests where you can win prizes and/or charms. Charms are given for milestones.

Programs Most chapters have a program each week. They can be on nutrition, emotional eating, etc. TOPS supplies programs that can be used.

KOPS When you reach goal you become a KOPS (Keep Off Pounds Sensibly). You have a set goal weight and you are in good standing by going under 7 lb. and over 3 lb. In other words you have a 10 lb. leeway and can keep status.

As you can see, I could go on and on as a cheerleader for TOPS. Lots of weight groups can help you lose but TOPS can help keep it off. I will continue to be a member forever. If I was not attending, it is very likely I would regain. I have kept off 120 lb. for 5 years as of April 24.

People join who have only 5 lb. to lose to people who have 100s of lb. to lose.

Hope you give it a try.

Last edited by NWLoser; 03-12-2013 at 06:59 PM..
Old 03-13-2013, 03:19 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

I agree with everything Dianne said. I would also like to add that in my Chapter we actually participate in community events (donating to charities, volunteering, even getting walking groups together). We are more like a little club. We have a Facebook group for even more support. Some of our members post their food journals to help out others and give some ideas even though they definitely do not tell us what kind of "diet" to be on. Every chapter is different but honestly it feels more like a bunch of friends getting together to help eachother reach their goal than a business that you pay money to so they can tell you how to lose weight. I have been to 2 different commercial weight loss centers and I really felt they bombarded you more with different things they wanted you to buy than really cared about individuals themselves. There is probably more I could say but it's 6am and I have only had 3 sips of coffee so far!

Last edited by Kismet311; 03-13-2013 at 03:21 AM..
Old 03-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
I agree with everything Dianne said. I would also like to add that in my Chapter we actually participate in community events (donating to charities, volunteering, even getting walking groups together). We are more like a little club. We have a Facebook group for even more support. Some of our members post their food journals to help out others and give some ideas even though they definitely do not tell us what kind of "diet" to be on. Every chapter is different but honestly it feels more like a bunch of friends getting together to help eachother reach their goal than a business that you pay money to so they can tell you how to lose weight. I have been to 2 different commercial weight loss centers and I really felt they bombarded you more with different things they wanted you to buy than really cared about individuals themselves. There is probably more I could say but it's 6am and I have only had 3 sips of coffee so far!
I agree with all of this also. We also donate to charities and have a Facebook page. We are trying to do even more in the community. I feel exactly the same that it is like a bunch of friends getting together to support each other!
Old 03-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, it's really great. When one person has the motivation to go out for a walk, a bunch of us join in. I was sitting at home doing nothing on Sunday and then someone from the group posted on Facebook that we should all meet up at the park. I'm so glad I got off my butt for a nice walk!
Old 03-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #85
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Anniebook diva
Stats: 258/174/140
WOE: TOPS LC
Start Date: TOPS2009
Hi Everyone,
This is my first post and I am still learning my way around.
I so excited to talk to other tops people.
I love TOPS! I have been a member of TOPS since 2009. I am very lucky that the group I am a part of we are all low carbers.
I am so excited to go to my first SRD in May.

Annie
Anniebook diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Annie! I love my TOPS group too. I wish i could go to our srd but theres no way i could afford it and i would hate to be away from my hubby and doggy for 3 days!
Old 03-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MissBeth
Stats: 320/166.5/140
WOE: Atkins/Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Jan. 19, 2008
Hello all! I'm so glad to see this thread up and going again.
My chapter's leader moved away a few weeks ago and they elected ME as the new Leader. Installation is this Tuesday night.
Still kind of in the "don't know what I'm doing" mode, but I'll do my best.
MissBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:28 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
I'm thinking about attending a meeting. I do like meeting with others, I would just hope that there would be some low carbers in the meetings that I would attend. I have 2 in my area, not sure how to judge which would be better - guess I would just have to go with the most convenient??
rotay60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:46 AM   #89
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Anniebook diva
Stats: 258/174/140
WOE: TOPS LC
Start Date: TOPS2009
Hi
Did you know your first meeting is free?
This group I am with is my second group since I joined. My first group had been together for 40 years and when I met them, we just clicked. I told everyone that I was LC right away and there was no problems.
I like being in a smaller group. I like the support.
The reason I joined this forum is that I work afternoons and I hate calling people late at night when i have problems and my new group that fits into my schedule is farther away and a toll call for me. I know someone will be here at all times.
I wish I had found TOPS years ago; I would not have lost and gained so many times.

Annie

Last edited by Anniebook diva; 03-25-2013 at 07:50 AM..
Anniebook diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniebook diva View Post
Hi Everyone,
This is my first post and I am still learning my way around.
I so excited to talk to other tops people.
I love TOPS! I have been a member of TOPS since 2009. I am very lucky that the group I am a part of we are all low carbers.
I am so excited to go to my first SRD in May.

Annie
Hi Annie! Welcome to our group!

I love TOPS!! I joined in 2006 and reached goal in 2008. I will have my 5 year KOPS anniversary in April and will be recognized at SRD. I was state queen runner-up in 2008 (awarded in 2009 for 2008). It has been the best thing I have ever done for myself. I will keep going to meetings until I can't move. LOL!

I love SRD. It is a great time to meet up with all the friends I have met around the state. It is inspirational and rejuvenating! You will have fun.

Last edited by NWLoser; 03-25-2013 at 10:12 PM..