Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 07:03 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tybeeanna
Stats: H286 }232VSG{ C162 G when I get there
WOE: low/carb 8-21-12
Start Date: 8/21/12
Good morning everyone Starting off beautiful here this morn, Calling for rain later today. I think I'll be back to my meetings sooner than I thought @ 205 this morning and only 2-3 lbs from my last weigh-in Can not wait till I lose that 6 lbs and hit onederland .Haven't been there in 19-20 years You all have a great day any way you can

Last edited by tybeeanna; 10-04-2012 at 07:05 AM..
tybeeanna is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tybeeanna View Post
Good morning everyone Starting off beautiful here this morn, Calling for rain later today. I think I'll be back to my meetings sooner than I thought @ 205 this morning and only 2-3 lbs from my last weigh-in Can not wait till I lose that 6 lbs and hit onederland .Haven't been there in 19-20 years You all have a great day any way you can
Wow awesome! You will be in onederland before you know it. I remember how excited I was when I reached it. I think I might of even cried a little at my meeting after doing the Happy Dance! LOL! I think going back and being accountable weekly will really help you rock that tool! I am so happy for you.

Hope everyone else is having a good week. Tonight is our meeting and I always look forward to it. The first meeting of the month we have a round table discussion instead of a program. The members really like it. I usually give them a topic but it is an open time to share triumphs, ask questions, etc.

Have a great day everyone!!

I AM NOW LESS THAN HALF OF MY FORMER SELF!!

Dianne

A proud TOPS member - became a KOPS on 4/24/08!

Join us over at the lowcarb TOPS thread. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-part-2-a.html
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Dianne, I love the ideal of the round table. There are only 9 ladies in my chapter so this would/could work really well for us. I can see me now a crying mess when I hit 199 lol But they will be HAPPY HAPPY tears. I get to hit it twice once at my Dr office on the 10th his scale weighs few lbs lighter than mine But I go by my scale at home,maybe time for a new scale
Old 10-11-2012, 08:20 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MissBeth
Stats: 320/185/140
WOE: Carb Cycling
Start Date: Jan. 19, 2008
Hey gals,
I'm still here, just terrible at checking in.

I missed this week's meeting b/c I had surgery last Thursday to remove excess arm skin (brachioplasty). Yea! He took out alot but there's alot more still there. Will likely have a "tune-up" procedure done after I'm at goal for a while.

Three days post surgery, I was up 8 lbs. 8 pounds!? Two days later, 5 of it was gone, so it's mostly edema from the procedure. But not all of it.
I'm not eating on plan, so I'm making myself a bit crazy.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:02 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

MissBeth, you will lose that in a hurry after you eat back on plan. Good for you having the surgery. I have resigned myself to having hanging loose skin on my thighs and upper arms. I wish I could have the breast reduction and tummy tuck though. I hate the flabby loose skin on my stomach/abdomen.

You have done so well! Can you go back to work yet? The recovery is what scares me the most.

I was under goal last week and tonight so I am pleased with that.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 10-13-2012, 05:20 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Quote:
Dianne, I love the ideal of the round table. There are only 9 ladies in my chapter so this would/could work really well for us.
We just did this at our last meeting. We have a lot of memebers though and probably needed an extra table and a few more chairs but it worked out because some people left early.

I lost .4 at weigh in this week. Not ideal but I have to remind myself it's better than gaining!! I was all set to walk after dinner this week but on Tuesday I hurt my foot (I have no idea what I did, stepped the wrong way off the sidewalk ro something) but I had to hobble around for 3 days. It is finally 99% better so I'm hoping to do some walking today.

It's a cold morning and we got frost! I'm not looking forward to heading out to the grocery store but it must be done. Have a great weekend ladies!
Old 10-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MissBeth
Stats: 320/185/140
WOE: Carb Cycling
Start Date: Jan. 19, 2008
Dianne--Recovery for the arm skin is probably the easiest of any of the areas. Surgery was on Thursday and I could have gone back to work this past week, but had plenty of sick time and so I took the whole week. There's still a good bit of swelling and bruising (I bruise pretty easily) but looks better every day.

The first day after surgery, it hurt and I took double dose of percoset (per Dr.'s orders) but by the next day, 1 pain pill @4 hours handled it. By Tuesday I was only taking 1 Advil or Aleeve a day. The pain really wasn't that bad since bone and muscle weren't involved. Ice and elevation!

Oh yes, I'd LOVE to have everything else done someday, especially a body lift/circumferential (does not include thighs or breasts). But that's really expensive and won't ever be in my budget. The arms were relatively inexpensive, plus they SHOW. Everybody could see all the crepe-y skin, and I haven't gone sleeveless since sometime in the mid-1970's.

Kismet--Good work on the .4 I'm looking at a big gain for my Tuesday night meeting, but hoping to get it back off soon now that I'm back on plan food-wise.
MissBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:03 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Happy weekend ladies!! I am so glad I made it to Saturday. Work has been hectic so I have been really tired lately. I let the crazy week "excuse" me from exercise. That is really stupid since I KNOW exercise always perks me up! I only lost .6 at my WI on Thursday. My 2 week total is a whopping 1 lb. At my meetings they always say aim for .5 lbs per week but to me that is setting the bar too low...I KNOW I can lose more per week if I only exercise.
Do any of you go to your SRD? They are already talking about it and it will cost a LOT to go. I really can't afford it, unfortunately. The only way I can go is if I make KOPS by early Spring and there is a room for me to stay in. They keep saying the rooms will go fast and you have to sign up NOW. Oh well, i will see how it goes. I would love to go since it sounds amazing!!
Hope everyone has a restful and enjoyable weekend. Please stop by and say HI!
Kismet311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:25 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Kismet, I go every year to SRD. I love it! I love seeing all my TOPS friends from around the state. The first year I went, I just made it a mission to meet lots of people and I now have a lot of friends that keep in touch all the time and some just 1-2x per year. But it is great having friends that are on the same page. It is very inspiring to go as you hear success stories, see the state winners and we always have amazing speakers. So if you get a chance, try to go. If we go to ours, our chapter pays the registration and we pay the stay. We try to find a place that is not too expensive.

I think 1 lb. in 2 weeks is acceptable but I know what you mean about you could lose more. I have people in my chapter that struggle to lose .2 lb. I think it is because their heart and head are not in the "mode" yet. Something has to click and then you really get motivated. JMHO. I think it was a little sad that in the last couple of months that the best loser of the month has had losses of 2 or 3 lbs. Wow! We used to have people that lost at least 5 lbs.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. Check in and let us know how it is going for you.

HUGS!!!
Old 10-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Just something I was thinking about this week: I feel like I have this "secret" and I want everyone to know. I am talking about my way of eating. I feel like it is pretty close to magical. I do not feel deprived in any way and I like the way I eat. I think if more of our TOPS people would get off of the lowfat wagon that they too would have better losses and more control. I think they would probably think they too had a secret. Sometimes I even feel like I am cheating by knowing how this combination of foods works and makes you lose weight and keep it off. JMHO.

Last edited by NWLoser; 10-20-2012 at 05:28 PM..
Old 10-23-2012, 08:57 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

LIFE!!!! Just got back from Ky, My brother that is 3 years older than me now has cancer. He found a lymph node that felt different than the normal swelling he gets with sinus infection, CT scan, MRI, Biopsy, PET scan, Tonsillectomy.Found it started in the left toncill. They will treat the nodes. Now looking at 3 extreme doses of Chemo, & 5 days a week for 7 weeks of Radiation,Spent a week with him & his new bride, only married for 2 mo. Adults have a much harder time & the chance of them bleeding to death is so much higher. So I was there while she worked. Stress has reared it ugly head and I am only down to 203 on my scale But to look at this as bad is so petty in the big skeem of things, I feel like I can come on here and let this all out and you all won't hold it against me

Dianne, I know how you feel with the eating LC I talked to my group about how it worked and that would be right before some one brought out a plate of muffins, that"Were OK for diabetics because her brother ate them all the time" boy oh boy So while I was going there I lost 40+ lbs but just could not keep from losing control when my life would throw me a curve.

Miss Beth Congrats on the surgery,I will need the works also, Got to find a job first

Kismet, I hope you get to where you want to be so you can go to SRD. It sounds like a good time.

Hope you all have a great week

Last edited by tybeeanna; 10-23-2012 at 09:28 AM..
Old 10-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

I will keep your brother in my prayers. Only married 2 months and all that! Wow a true test of their marriage. You are a good sister to be there for him. I know that it is much harder on adults to have the tonsils removed.

You are doing great considering all the stress you have had. That is awesome and your weight loss is too!

I am dumbfounded about the muffins! When I first joined TOPS there were some people that thought like that too! But I think that myself and one other gal who does a lowcarb type of eating is slowly winning over the idea of reducing at least some carbs. We have both lost over 100 lbs. so that helps. LOL! And we have kept it off for over 4 years.

Hope to hear how everyone else is doing this week.

Have a great day!
Old 10-25-2012, 06:55 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Dianne, Thanks, he is very positive & hopeful & so am I.

The thing with the muffins & going out to eat after the meetings is kinda keeping me on the fence about going back, It will depend on if I go back to work.

I am so proud for you maintaining that kind of loss

Hope everyone has a great day
Old 10-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

So, I go to my meeting, step on the scale, and the weight recorder and asst. weight recorder start saying YAYYYY and High 5ing me. HUH??? Turns out I lost 2.2 lbs this week. I think their scale is broken!!! I thought I would lose 1 lb this week. I guess either I was wrong or both of them need glasses

A few people from the group go to a diner after the meeting. I have never gone. They also post pictures of what they eat at the diner on Facebook. I guess they figure after weigh in they can eat anything! I'm sure they just want to have a good time with eachother but the giant plate of onion rings and french fries made me ill when I saw a pic of them last time!

My leader asked me about SRD today and I said I probably can't commit to it this early since it's not until May. She said if I decide to go by then she would squeeze me into her room with another member! I thought that was so nice of her. She really is such a great lady. I am so lucky to have found this group!

Last edited by Kismet311; 10-25-2012 at 06:06 PM..
Old 10-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sinny
WOE: atkins
Start Date: L.C 11/14/2004 WW 2/13/2013
I see on line it is 30.00 to join tops.Is there a weekly fee also. I have been thinking of joining one in the area.
sinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Cindy, If you join at a meeting it is $28 and online it is $30. Each chapter sets their own weekly or monthly dues. Our dues are $4.00 per month. Some are less and some might be a tad higher. It is great to have the weekly accountability and support.

Kismet, I was really surprised that your chapter eats out and even posts photos! Yuck! I wouldn't go with them but that is just me. WTG on the weight loss! Our group has never went out after the meeting. Now when we are gone to SRD or Rally we do go out to eat. But I am proud of each one of us and what we eat. I think we are pretty good examples.

Ty, Let us know how your brother is doing.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:10 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Our dues are $3 per week but if you pay the whole month at once it's $2.50 per week. So, I usually just pay the $10 up front at the beginning of the month. It's easier than remembering to bring cash every week.
Do any of you have fundraisers at your meetings?
We have things like 50/50 raffle, marble pull and brown bag prize. You can buy tickets for each of them for 50 cents each. I don't usually buy any tickets because I don't carry cash on me most of the time but some people spend an average of $5 per night just on the raffles
Old 10-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

That's funny about all the raffles. We just have the marble game and you get 5 tickets for a dollar. We choose 3 each meeting to get to pull a marble out of the bag. If you get the blue one you get half of the "kitty" which has accumulated from the marble game. Once the blue one is chosen, then we put all the marbles back in and start over. We remove the marble that is drawn unlike some groups which put it back in. So the longer the game goes on over the weeks, the better your chance at winning. We use to do silent auctions but we make more money with this game and it is fun.

All you lurkers, let us know how you are doing.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:59 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Greetings!! It was a busy week (I even worked yesterday!) so I'm glad it's Sunday. I only have to do the things I want to do. I'm hoping that will include some exercise!
We had a KOPS induction at our meeting on Thursday so I don't have a current WI but I'm hoping to have lost something by next Thursday. They even had cake at the ceremony! I was sure to only have a little but I swear some people were licking their plates It was a really nice ceremony and I kind of wish I was already at my goal BUT I really hate being the center of attention and having people cry over the inductee is not really my cup of tea. Anyway, I REALLY want to get to goal although I think I might have set my goal weight a bit too low for it to be feasible. I am not a spring chicken anymore and I'm afraid it will be darn near impossible. I will give it a shot. Another woman is about 2 lbs away from her goal but it really seems like she set her goal about 25-30 lbs higher than any average "charted" weight for her height so although she did lose quite a bit I do not see her as "thin" at her goal weight. I guess she thought that was best for her lifestyle and as long as she is healthier that's what counts. 2 of the KOPS at my meeting do not look to be at a low weight either so I guess it's all about preference. I believe TOPS is different than WW in this way because I remember having to set a really low goal at WW and also Jenny Craig.
Ok, I'm done rambling...hope you all are doing well. Good luck to everyone in reaching their weekly goals (if you have them). Mine is to excersise at least 3 times before Thursday's meeting! And to not eat any more cake
Old 11-17-2012, 04:35 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Just checking in. How is everyone? Ready for turkey day??
Old 11-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

ready for it to be gone, the left overs that is. Ate higher carb yesterday and of course paid for it this morning, up 3 lbs I know it will come off fast but I still hate it. Had the best thanksgiving day ever no stress, I kept it simple, and this was so much easier. Still to many left overs but I'm back on track. Hope you all did better than I did.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving! We went out to eat so I did not have to cook AND we have no leftovers. Last year at this time I was eating leftover stuffing by the truckload. None of that for me today! I hope we can go out to eat next year too LOL
Old 11-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
ready for it to be gone, the left overs that is. Ate higher carb yesterday and of course paid for it this morning, up 3 lbs I know it will come off fast but I still hate it. Had the best thanksgiving day ever no stress, I kept it simple, and this was so much easier. Still to many left overs but I'm back on track. Hope you all did better than I did.
It will fall off you! You are doing so awesome!! It is so nice to have a nonstressful holiday!
Old 11-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
Glad you had a great Thanksgiving! We went out to eat so I did not have to cook AND we have no leftovers. Last year at this time I was eating leftover stuffing by the truckload. None of that for me today! I hope we can go out to eat next year too LOL
We have went out to eat before with just my parents when everyone else had other plans. It was very relaxing and no leftovers! We actually really enjoyed it.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone! Sorry I have been MIA. LOL! I just finished last weekend with our family's bazaar. It was our 18th year and we make everything we sell. It is my mom, sister, children and husbands. We also sell vintage and antiques items at the bazaar. There are no other vendors at this bazaar, just us. It wipes me out but is fun. Then we all got sick. It went its way through the troops! So a very quiet Thanksgiving.

There were some family still sick, some that had not gotten it and some recovered so Thanksgiving was small groups at several houses. We actually ordered one of those pre-made dinners from Safeway. It was more than enough food for the 6 of us and we still have leftovers. I was not tempted to overeat as nothing looked that great to me. So for the first time probably ever in my life, I am lower in weight today than yesterday! Wow! I am down .4. I know that is not much but still pretty unbelievable to me.

I hope others will jump on here and let us know how they are doing.

Now that my bazaar is over, I will try to be more accountable.

Have a great weekend!
Old 11-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Dianne, that bazaar sounds like fun, What kind of stuff do you all make?? I at this point can't even think about going out to eat, My hubby & grand kids would disown me.lol Doing really good today,Had inside of deviled egg, a protein drink 2-3 oz turkey & lots of 0 cal liquid Everyone have a peaceful evening.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:11 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Ty, We sew things like quilts, potholders, table runners, baby stuff, etc. My mom paints all kinds of items. We knit, embroider and crochet. I repurpose items, refinish, and build some small wood items. They also make 6 kinds of jellies from fruits/berries they grow. Cookies, specialty candy and fudge. Jewelry, ornaments and on and on. We have a huge mailing list and people that regularly come each year. We also try to have a lot of vintage and antiques. Books are also popular. We fill up one side of a grange hall and it is crowded. LOL! I sometimes think we are totally nuts. I am sure I am forgetting tons of stuff. My 6 yr. old granddaughter even made stuff this year.

I hear you on the going out to eat but my husband and parents actually really enjoyed it as they didn't stuff themselves that year. I had taco salad! LOL!!

Well I got to go as tons of stuff going on this weekend.

Have a super super weekend.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:45 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

How is everyone doing?? I have my meeting tonight so I will check back in later. This month I have been mostly maintaining so I hope to lose a bit by the end of the year!
Old 12-14-2012, 12:23 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

We had our meeting and Christmas party tonight. I am almost 4 lb. under goal which is good. I have a party Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night! I am going to have to be pretty careful with all that foods that are not things I normally have around. I am not worried about eating off plan just not knowing what each food is made from. So I am going to try to stay with plain meats and veggies.

How is everyone else doing?

Keeping weight steady during the holidays is a win, Kismet.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 12-14-2012, 03:11 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

I forgot to post after my meeting. I had a loss!! Everyone is commenting on how good I look. I wear the same clothes to every meeting so I guess it is really noticable that way. Even this random woman at work stopped me and said I am looking really good lately. I mean, I barely know this woman but it was so nice to hear. I have been actually wearing a lot of my old clothes that have not fit in a while too.

Our Christmas party is next Thursday. We have to bring so much stuff like food, gifts, donation gifts, etc. I hope I remember everything!