Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 06:25 AM   #241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
awesome, nicole!!

doing good here. love the normalcy!!

terri...i don't think my dh could do no-s. he's a big snacker too. but keeps it LC.

hope you all have a great day!
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2012, 06:54 AM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/138.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Nicole Could it possibly be this easy? It’s almost one of those "If it sounds too good to be true" deals. But if I'm dreamin', don't wake me

I hear ya Bud, it's going to be a challenge to be sure. But he's getting the same desperation we were. And this is would afford him his sandwiches and chips he really misses. He's been thinking about his snacking for a while since I've been doing this and noticing that most people he's around actually don't.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

random thought....

you know what one of my favorite things i read in the no-s book was? the part about eating when hungry or not hungry. often, my stomach is not growling when it's lunch or supper time. he says that doesn't matter, that we are to eat when it's TIME to eat. "if you're not hungry at mealtime, you will be hungry an hour later, so eat preemptively." this is one of the best things that has helped me to NOT dwell on food. i don't HAVE to wait till i'm hungry to eat. i get to eat b/c it's TIME to eat!! does that make sense? CONSTANTLY, on the other forums i read and have always held to...'only eat when you are hungry or when your stomach growls'...that is not good for me, it's what causes me to dwell on food non-stop...WAITING to get hungry, waiting for that growl so i could eat. i love that he says we are to eat when it's TIME to eat not when our stomach actually growls!! that WE are in control of our appetite and that by eating at the same times everyday our appetite will follow suit. this has been a very freeing thing for me. i don't have to dwell on eating anymore b/c i know that whether i am physically hungry or not, i will get to eat. this may sound silly to some, but for me, it has relieved so much obsession caused by the "eat only when you are hungry" mantra repeated over and over and over on this board and everywhere.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:50 AM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Nicole T
Stats: 193/189/170
WOE: hCG/Paleo
Start Date: 10/7/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
random thought....

you know what one of my favorite things i read in the no-s book was? the part about eating when hungry or not hungry. often, my stomach is not growling when it's lunch or supper time. he says that doesn't matter, that we are to eat when it's TIME to eat. "if you're not hungry at mealtime, you will be hungry an hour later, so eat preemptively." this is one of the best things that has helped me to NOT dwell on food. i don't HAVE to wait till i'm hungry to eat. i get to eat b/c it's TIME to eat!! does that make sense? CONSTANTLY, on the other forums i read and have always held to...'only eat when you are hungry or when your stomach growls'...that is not good for me, it's what causes me to dwell on food non-stop...WAITING to get hungry, waiting for that growl so i could eat. i love that he says we are to eat when it's TIME to eat not when our stomach actually growls!! that WE are in control of our appetite and that by eating at the same times everyday our appetite will follow suit. this has been a very freeing thing for me. i don't have to dwell on eating anymore b/c i know that whether i am physically hungry or not, i will get to eat. this may sound silly to some, but for me, it has relieved so much obsession caused by the "eat only when you are hungry" mantra repeated over and over and over on this board and everywhere.
Makes sense and if it's anything like thirst, if you wait until you actually FEEL thirsty, you are most likely dehydrated. So if we wait to hear the growl, we are most likely beyond hungry (and will probably eat more!).
Nicole T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:53 AM   #245
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I missed that. I'm almost done with the book and then I'm going to re-read just to implant a little more common sense. Waiting until I'm hungry is almost a sure fire way to over eat, I just can't get full at that point. I think my body switches to panic/starvation mode. This just makes too much sense.

I used your victory to inspire DH this morning Nicole.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #246
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

it's in the beginning of the book, terri...i don't have it with me but it's right before and after a subtitle called 'what if i'm not hungry'.

Last edited by dazygyrl; 08-15-2012 at 09:57 AM..
Old 08-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LauraAnn
Stats: 271/189/150
WOE: WLS - NoS
Start Date: 02/01/08
Waving howdy at everyone! It's so neat to see you guys come to the same realization so many have and see you being freed. Makes you wanna shout!

It's such a process. I know I keep saying that word, but it's like your eyes get more and more opened up. That's why, please, please, please don't give up if you gain some or you don't lose for awhile. It's like you will naturally tweak things without trying until you get to the right place. I think Cheryl already has and maybe hasn't realized it when she said she decided to eat one hamburger patty instead of two and she needs to get smaller buns. Those kinds of things just naturally happen and it's because YOU want them to and not because someone told you to.

I think someone asked me if people over there low carb and from what I've seen there are women who do a lowER carb diet, but not Atkins. I have seen people try to add tons of restrictions and they usually come running back to regular old No S because they are sick of counting things.

I saw Julia Child's recipe for brownies this morning online and it was so cool to think that maybe I'd make those this weekend? When did we ever get to think that way before.

Hope everybody has a great No-S'ing day!

Oh, I forgot I wanted to add one thing that I saw over there that worked great for folks. On S days they would buy single dessert treats or only eat them out if they had trouble controlling them. I think everyone ends up eating a pie or cake over a weekend the first time or two. I sure did. But I think because you "can" do it, is what eventually lets you control it yourself. It's not forbidden anymore.

Last edited by LauraAnn; 08-15-2012 at 10:14 AM..
LauraAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraAnn View Post
Waving howdy at everyone! It's so neat to see you guys come to the same realization so many have and see you being freed. Makes you wanna shout!

It's such a process. I know I keep saying that word, but it's like your eyes get more and more opened up. That's why, please, please, please don't give up if you gain some or you don't lose for awhile. It's like you will naturally tweak things without trying until you get to the right place. I think Cheryl already has and maybe hasn't realized it when she said she decided to eat one hamburger patty instead of two and she needs to get smaller buns. Those kinds of things just naturally happen and it's because YOU want them to and not because someone told you to.

I think someone asked me if people over there low carb and from what I've seen there are women who do a lowER carb diet, but not Atkins. I have seen people try to add tons of restrictions and they usually come running back to regular old No S because they are sick of counting things.

I saw Julia Child's recipe for brownies this morning online and it was so cool to think that maybe I'd make those this weekend? When did we ever get to think that way before.

Oh, I forgot I wanted to add one thing that I saw over there that worked great for folks. On S days they would buy single dessert treats or only eat them out if they had trouble controlling them. I think everyone ends up eating a pie or cake over a weekend the first time or two. I sure did. But I think because you "can" do it, is what eventually lets you control it yourself. It's not forbidden anymore.
Ohhh, I just remembered something else that helped me a lot, too. It's great to set goals for exercise, but in addition to setting goals, also set a minimum. Make it something ridiculously easy that you can do no matter what. Mine is I have to march 15 minutes in place. I know that technically that doesn't do much for me, but it keeps building the *habit* and that's what you're shooting for. Building habits. It keeps me from seeing reds. I can do it anywhere.

I hope you guys don't mind me sharing tips and stuff. I just keep thinking of cool things I learned on my own or someone shared with me or I read on the board and they help so much.

Remember that movie Field of Dreams and that line that was so key to the movie... "if you build it, they will come". That's kinda like No S. Build the habits and the weight loss will eventually come (and peace of mind and happiness and contentment, etc.) And it boils over into other areas of your life, too.

Okay, no more hokey stuff from me today. LOL
Old 08-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yes...please continue to share your tricks and tips, laura...i'll take all the hokey stuff you have to offer!!

the exercise every day will be the habit that will be the hardest for me to get into...i have always hated exercise. just have never felt good after exercise, but i will do my best.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:35 AM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
yes...please continue to share your tricks and tips, laura...i'll take all the hokey stuff you have to offer!!

the exercise every day will be the habit that will be the hardest for me to get into...i have always hated exercise. just have never felt good after exercise, but i will do my best.
You could try setting something up just as a minimum for now. Heck, steal mine... it's not original. LOL But you can march 15 minutes in place... or put the music on and dance for 15...just do something like that. Don't worry about anything else for awhile. At least you're starting the habit of movement. It kinda changes your mind and you begin to see yourself as successful at exercise.

Okay, gotta get outta here...tons of stuff to do!
Old 08-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #251
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, that's why i joined the 'gym' it's less than half a bock from my shop...has a treadmill and weights. there is NO reason for me to NOT go walk on a treadmill for 20 min or do 15 min of weights.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

By all means, Hokey us Away Laura! We're sponges here and appreciate all the help we can get!!

Although I've been exercising for a while off and on, I made a commitment to his 14 min on N days program last night. Since I had done 30 minutes plus for the last couple days I could have easily skipped it last night. But I did my 14 min and feel like I'm heading towards the habit
Old 08-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #253
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Quote:

Quote:
Ohhh, I just remembered something else that helped me a lot, too. It's great to set goals for exercise, but in addition to setting goals, also set a minimum. Make it something ridiculously easy that you can do no matter what. Mine is I have to march 15 minutes in place. I know that technically that doesn't do much for me, but it keeps building the *habit* and that's what you're shooting for. Building habits. It keeps me from seeing reds. I can do it anywhere.

I hope you guys don't mind me sharing tips and stuff. I just keep thinking of cool things I learned on my own or someone shared with me or I read on the board and they help so much.

Remember that movie Field of Dreams and that line that was so key to the movie... "if you build it, they will come". That's kinda like No S. Build the habits and the weight loss will eventually come (and peace of mind and happiness and contentment, etc.) And it boils over into other areas of your life, too.

Okay, no more hokey stuff from me today. LOL
I love all of your posts and helpful tips and insights so please don't hold back. We can handle it! As far as learning the lingo and reading his book, I'm finding that it spoils the freedom I feel when I just stick to the no-brainer rules. I don't want to know what a green, yellow or red day is and I certainly don't want a calendar full (or even dotted) with red marks for days I didn't do well (if that is indeed what the red days mean.) I'm just not going there.

Every meal is another chance to get it right! If you slip, you learn. One thing I haven't been doing is eating at mealtimes, like Dazy was talking about. I think I will try doing that like I did the very first week. I think if I go long periods of time during the day without eating, (which is natural for me), then my metabolism slows down. I don't want to do that to myself; especially now that I'm committing to an exercise program.

Everything is falling into place! Isn't it wonderful?????

Sorry I've been MIA. We had a T-storm early this morning and my internet was out until around 3 pm. Long story but it has been an on-going problem since I moved into my new duplex. Now the modem is downstairs in my half of the house. The upstairs neighbors are on a cruise. I dread the day they return to find the modem is no longer up there. I told the lady who was here for hours today, trouble-shooting. She said she'd have the landlady call the guy and tell him what has occured so it won't be a great big surprise of the horrible kind when they drag their tired butts and suit cases upstairs and drop them on the floor.

No word yet from the Vet regarding a decision on my job opportunity. I may call him in a few hours and see if they received the application I faxed to them yesterday. Just want to be sure they aren't waiting for that when I know that I sent it. That would suck. Don't want anything like that to affect my chances of getting that job.

My Journal.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:01 PM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzi7
Stats: 265/165 rd3p2/goal this round 140
WOE: vegetarian/organic/hHcg rogue, No-S for Life
Start Date: 5/11/12
I am feeling sooooo..... guilty. lol

Ok, so I goofed up today. Up and out by 7, and didn't eat breakfast. I forgot. (too much Hcg dieting). Then lunch, I was on the road, so I grabbed an "imaginary" plate and had a caesar side salad and a baked potato (and yes, I know that's not P3 but...) from Wendy's (no sour cream and used WF caesar on the salad (thanks to my son, who ran into his place and came out with it!) (just couldn't see wasting all that yummy fat and calories on salad dressing. It's gonna take time to break that habit, if ever). Early Supper was eggs (one whole and "dippy" w two whites) and a half whole wheat "flat bread" (50 ca). Sat at table for that one at least.

and I am busting at the seams, full of gas from the potato, I know. Don't think there is much danger of me over-indulging (even if I am eating other foods than the Protocol allows).

For my third meal today, I think I should have a protein shake, being as how I am so low on proteins for today. That's if I can make room for it by 7ish...

Gonna start right on that 15 minute minimum for exercise. I set goals, but then life happens. Like an hour of walking... who has time some days? or a half hour on my stationary bike or elliptical even. but 15 minutes. I can do that... at least. fits with this diet.. Simple. Common Sense.

O and I am only gonna weigh once a week. (Saturday) FREEDOM!!!!

R1P2: 5/13-6/19/12, 165/150(LDW)
R2P2: 7/16-8/14/12 forgetting this round ever happened. grr.
R3P2: 8/29-???, 162/152 VLCD9

Ultimate Goal: 125

Last edited by suzi7; 08-15-2012 at 03:04 PM..
suzi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Terri, I haven't been going to the gym with so much going on right now, so I've been doing 15 minutes fast paced in my garage on my treadmill on 12 incline and then I do 15 minutes of shovelglove...kinda LOL My husband walked in the other day and asked me what in the world I was doing and I told him I was making butter! HA!

I've gotten in the habit of saying "15" minutes because when I say 14, people are like WHAT??? Why 14?

I also bike and swim and do other things, but I was way bad about having too many reasons for not doing them. It was too hot, it was too cold, it was raining... I had endless reasons for not going to gym. LOL. That's when one of the ladies on the board was talking about setting yourself up with a minimum thing and that it was actually the most important thing to have. I don't know if Reinhardt talks about it in his book or if she came up with it. I didn't get it at first, but man has it proved to be true. So, even if I'm out late taking care of my folks or doing things with my husband, or I just can't make myself get out and do an official workout, I still make myself march/dance for 15 minutes. It just helps me stay in the game mentally.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #256
Big Yapper!

Suzi, unless you are trying to follow P3, I don't see anything wrong with your day. It was haphazard but it all came out fine. Now, if on a P3, then the potato and the flat bread were both "no-no's." Just decide which you want to follow and then run with that. Did you lose a good amount this last round?

That shovel glove thing sounds so funny! I don't know if I'll ever try that but it's an interesting idea for exercise.

Have a wonderful No S night, ladies! I won't be online much tonight, since I'm tethered to the dang modem which is in the den. Maybe it's for the best. I spend too much time on the computer, anyway.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #257
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm afraid to make butter with my shovelglove. I can just see me busting both my ankles.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:06 PM   #258
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i sweated it up but good today. adding incline to the treadmill is a great way to get the most out of a short walk!! and get this....(it felt good!! ) lol...

tomorrow i will do weights with the treadmill just not as long ON the treadmill.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #259
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG it's amazing how good you feel and then you have to wonder why it's so hard to get yourself to actually do it. I'm starting to see definition in my arms. I'm very happy about that!
Old 08-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #260
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Suzi, unless you are trying to follow P3, I don't see anything wrong with your day. It was haphazard but it all came out fine. Now, if on a P3, then the potato and the flat bread were both "no-no's." Just decide which you want to follow and then run with that. Did you lose a good amount this last round?

That shovel glove thing sounds so funny! I don't know if I'll ever try that but it's an interesting idea for exercise.

Have a wonderful No S night, ladies! I won't be online much tonight, since I'm tethered to the dang modem which is in the den. Maybe it's for the best. I spend too much time on the computer, anyway.
I have to agree with that. I went straight to No S last time and did fine.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #261
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yay for results!

I think I'm going to weigh in the morning instead if Friday. ng king out for lunch with my friend and we all know how *that* turns out.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #262
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Totally makes sense to me
Old 08-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #263
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

lol...how'd you like that atuocorrect there...lol...
Old 08-15-2012, 08:57 PM   #264
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ng king?
Old 08-16-2012, 05:56 AM   #265
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
ng king?
i think it was supposed to either be eating or going....lol...was posting on my phone.

so i weighed...am up 3 from low while on the patch. but, is that from exercise, nearing mid-cycle? ... not going to let it get to me and will just keep staying on track.

how are you?
Old 08-16-2012, 06:39 AM   #266
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I thought it was some weird restaurant you have over there

Absolutely a side effect of what you mentioned. That's one of the things that has backed me off of exercise in the past, and I am anticipating that this week as well since I've moved into every N day workouts. But I too am going to use Erin as a great example and push through it. I know I will be happier with the mirror in the long run and I believe the initial up tick will back its self off in a week or two. Friday should be the end of my cycle which will either help or hurt so next week should be better all the way around.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:47 AM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Nicole T
Stats: 193/189/170
WOE: hCG/Paleo
Start Date: 10/7/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
I thought it was some weird restaurant you have over there

Absolutely a side effect of what you mentioned. That's one of the things that has backed me off of exercise in the past, and I am anticipating that this week as well since I've moved into every N day workouts. But I too am going to use Erin as a great example and push through it. I know I will be happier with the mirror in the long run and I believe the initial up tick will back its self off in a week or two. Friday should be the end of my cycle which will either help or hurt so next week should be better all the way around.
I'm definitely one of those who gains when exercising too! Although the one thing that doesn't make me gain is walking! When I was in college one summer I walked 2.5 miles almost every day around my neighborhood (kinda hilly--it's called Bay Hills I was in the BEST shape of my life that summer--long and lean and great toned legs! So as soon as we get through these dog days of summer, I'm going to start walking 5 days a week again and then do the shovel glove for 14 min to help with arm definition and core strength.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Walking works for me and doesn't make me gain either. I'm trying to concentrate on "purposeful walking" now and then as the weather eases up our walking group at work will be starting up again. Great suggestion!
Old 08-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #269
Big Yapper!

Hello, ladies! Had a busy and very fruitful day. FINALLY got my internet set up so that I won't ever be without it again.

Did some exercise while Cisco did the treadmill, then my landlady and her son showed up to fix the computer nonsense. They were here for what must have been 3-4 hours, so my exercise got interrupted and will stay done for the day. But I did some!!!!

And I weighed today, just to see where I was at. I thought I was up 0.8 but I'd forgotten just how high my weight had gotten in the past week or two. I'm actually down 3.4 lbs. Nothing to write home about, but I'm enjoying my life and I see the end of the tunnel.

Still got the problem with my brakes and the mechanic couldn't fit me in today. He said to call them at 10 am tomorrow to see if they could tackle it on Friday. I hope I'm not driving it like this all weekend. I want to go to the gym. I want to get this show on the road!

I send my love to you all. Have a peaceful and restful evening.

Last edited by CherylB; 08-16-2012 at 03:48 PM..
Old 08-17-2012, 06:13 AM   #270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Since last Friday up 1.2
Since LDW up 1.3
Since starting No S - Dead even

I’ve been on No S for only four days. Pretty much low carb just since that’s to food I had. Yesterday I had a flour tortilla at lunch and breaded shrimp for dinner. They are the first grain related carbs I've had in a good while. I was expecting an exercise bump (I am stiff & sore today). So pretty happy with the numbers so far. Next Friday will be more telling with a full week of No S.

Have a great No S day everyone!