Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #211
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/141.8/130
WOE: IE/M&E
I hear ya Laura! I'm so tired of being food obsessed. I'm coming to the conclusion that at least at this time in my life, sanity is my main objective. This also translates to health. So the great habits of No S combined with eliminating food I just know is not good for me (can anyone say KFC? ) and adding exercise has just got to be a winner.

What is WLS by the way?
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LauraAnn
Stats: 271/189/150
WOE: WLS - NoS
Start Date: 02/01/08
Hi Terri

It stands for weight loss surgery. I got to the end of losing and then struggled big time emotionally and even put back on 20. I went the *counting* route and obsessing and I ended up hating it. Then I remembered No S. It's my savior. Have you ever been to the site? Reinhard (msp?) even jumps on and talks, etc. Great place!

How long have you been on it?

I do 5 meals a day because of the WLS and the fact that my sugar tanks if I don't. But instead of mindlessly noshing (which is what put the 20 back on), I mindfully eat 3 meals and then either a protein drink, a glass of milk or a veggie protein snack for 2 meals. My regular meals are much smaller than the average person, so it works out great. That and sustainable exercise is doing it for me and I'm SOOOO happy!

Laura
LauraAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Dazygyrl... It was me who told you about No S. I'm so glad to see you found your way to it. I had wondered how you were doing. I'm 100% committed to this sane way of eating and living life.

Rachel, you have such a great grasp of the concepts.

It's a process and if you go through all the stages you'll reach sanity and a sustainable weight. But it takes awhile and many gain in the beginning. Many have S days gone wild. Reinhard even talks about people starting it multiple times before finally coming back for good.

So glad to find you guys!
Old 08-13-2012, 04:29 PM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah Laura! Our hero!

I did it June and July no holds barred with all the bad food I could think of and way too many birthday celebrations and gained 3.1#. All and all not too bad. I thought I'd jump on HCG for a quick round, take it off and jump back to No S. But......................... I gained another 1.7 in two weeks. So I'm back to start with hopefully a saner head about me. I have been to the site, but only long enough to print the basics. Looks like I need to get back and poke around. I did buy the book and really enjoy it.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. That's just what I needed to hear today It’s one thing to read it in the book but means a lot more to hear it from a real person.

Glad you found us too! Really looking forward to your insights and "been there, done that’s". How long have you done this? Have you lost or just maintained?

By the way, nice stats! Great job!!

By the way, nice stats! Great job!!
Old 08-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #215
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraAnn View Post
So excited to see this thread! This is absolutely hands-down the most sane diet on the planet. So many folks, like myself (and I even had WLS), are on the yo-yo wagon of on/off, lose/gain. It heals your mind and relationship with food amazingly well! Can't wait to read everyone's thoughts on it! #1 thing it has done for me is free me to live my life without constant obsessing. The mental freedom alone is wonderful!
That healing is what I'm shooting for. I can see it happening already and I'm so thrilled! Yes, it is going to take me almost a year to probably reach goal but this time I won't ever gain it back. How much is that worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
I hear ya Laura! I'm so tired of being food obsessed. I'm coming to the conclusion that at least at this time in my life, sanity is my main objective. This also translates to health. So the great habits of No S combined with eliminating food I just know is not good for me (can anyone say KFC? ) and adding exercise has just got to be a winner.

What is WLS by the way?
SANITY!!! Peace and tranquility and sanity. That's all I'm interested in for the rest of my days. I had to also say that KFC is what finally put the last nail in the coffin of my gallbladder. I think that is the worst fast food there is.

Quote:
Hi Terri

It stands for weight loss surgery. I got to the end of losing and then struggled big time emotionally and even put back on 20. I went the *counting* route and obsessing and I ended up hating it. Then I remembered No S. It's my savior. Have you ever been to the site? Reinhard (msp?) even jumps on and talks, etc. Great place!

How long have you been on it?

I do 5 meals a day because of the WLS and the fact that my sugar tanks if I don't. But instead of mindlessly noshing (which is what put the 20 back on), I mindfully eat 3 meals and then either a protein drink, a glass of milk or a veggie protein snack for 2 meals. My regular meals are much smaller than the average person, so it works out great. That and sustainable exercise is doing it for me and I'm SOOOO happy!

Laura
That sounds like the perfect way for you to do No S. You have to modify it to fit your smaller stomach, so WTG on making it work for you. I think that's the great thing about No S. He designed it to fit his own lifestyle. And if his plan doesn't exactly fit ours, then we can come up with a version that will!

Quote:
Dazygyrl... It was me who told you about No S. I'm so glad to see you found your way to it. I had wondered how you were doing. I'm 100% committed to this sane way of eating and living life.

Rachel, you have such a great grasp of the concepts.

It's a process and if you go through all the stages you'll reach sanity and a sustainable weight. But it takes awhile and many gain in the beginning. Many have S days gone wild. Reinhard even talks about people starting it multiple times before finally coming back for good.

So glad to find you guys!
THANK YOU!!! And that makes me feel so much better to hear you say that it takes a few attempts to get it right. I have found that to be true for myself. I started a No S journal and anyone reading it has probably decided a while back that it wasn't going to "take."
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #216
Big Yapper!

The interview went really well! We were talking (he, his wife and I) for over an hour. I texted my sister afterward and wrote, "Slam Dunk! But it's not a done-deal yet." I still have to fill out an application and fax it to them tomorrow. When we parted company, the woman said they had more interviews to go do, but I really felt it went as well as I dared to hope it would. My enthusiasm came shining through and I appeared confidant and I was very open and honest about everything.

I will let you know the end result! Thank you so much for your prayers. Keep 'em coming!
Old 08-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #217
Senior LCF Member

awww, thanks guys!

I've been using No S principals for the better part of 5 years. I was as high as 288 at one point, got down to 258 I think it was on NoS and then got stuck and had some health issues with blood pressure and a diabetes scare. I decided to have WLS. I lost as low as 171, stabilized at 178, the popped up to 197. I want to to take the 20 off and the only sane way I know to do it is NoS.

My take on years of being on that board is....it takes most folks multiple attempts to do it for good. THEN it is a very very slow weight loss. 10 lbs if you're close to goal might take a year. But it'll be the easiest year and it'll stay off.

I think you have to go through the whole process of "S days gone wild" and stacking your plates high and even weight gain for a lot of women, before your hunger dies way down, your mind kind of settles down, if that makes sense? For women especially it has an emotional/spiritual component to it that is very freeing, but takes time.

Another thing is it will get you to a sustainable, natural weight... not necessarily a vainity weight. Reinhard even talks about it in his book or one of his pod casts. Can't remember which.

It completely heals a ton of folks of binge eating...which for most doesn't even happen until dieting/restriction takes place. It certainly happened to me that way. Lots of folks try to incorporate low carb or other plans with it, but majority just end up settling on plain old vanilla No S.

Good luck every body and happy NoS'ing

PS. Cheryl, good luck and I hope you get the job!

Last edited by LauraAnn; 08-13-2012 at 06:13 PM..
Old 08-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #218
Big Yapper!

What??? 10 lbs in a year? Even for being the final 10 lbs, that sounds crazy slow. I was planning on 10 lbs a month, while working at the gym and doing the farm stuff, and now (if I get hired), doing the other job. I can accept the last 10 lbs maybe taking a few months, but I'll never sit by and wait a year. No sir E bob!
Old 08-13-2012, 07:00 PM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
had to skip all the posts to respond! laura....so glad you found our thread. i remember now that you had PM'd me...forgive me for not remembering that...

so there you have it ladies... mystery solved.

ok...now to go read all ya'lls gabbin'

Last edited by dazygyrl; 08-13-2012 at 07:15 PM..
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thank you for your input, laura...very valuable.

i too, have 10-ish pounds to lose. i want it OFF, but i want sanity/peace more, i think. so i guess that means slow losses.

i'm going to do a search for 'vacations' to see what seasoned no-s'ers do for that. my guess is they do nothing different than if they were at home...

the other girls know, laura, but my family and i are going on a cruise to alaska for my son's make a wish trip. from what i hear, food is available 24/7.

anyway...n-day today. went good. i do fine only eating 3 times without snacking...it's the whole what/how much to put on the plate thing that needs refining for me. a work in progress....

Last edited by dazygyrl; 08-13-2012 at 07:25 PM..
Old 08-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Laura,
Have people found faster results adding low carb to No S? I would rather not, but would be willing to consider if it might amp up the losses. I really only have about 10-15 pounds (back) to goal. A year is doable with this WOE, but six months would sure be preferable.

Also a couple things I've wondered about:
1. Coffee with Half & Half. I usually have a cup or two in the morning and eat breakfast about an hour later.
2. Chocolate Cherry Smoothies with no added sugar, just a little Truvia for breakfast.
3. Sugar Free Cheese Cake with Strawberries for lunch.
Would you consider these Kosher or S items?

Cheryl,
Sounds like the interview went great! Keepin' a prayer in the air

Yay Buddy, green light day. So are you low carbin' or what?
Old 08-13-2012, 08:05 PM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm half lc'ing.... I allow one meal with some carbs.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You usually do that early in the day if I remember Not a bad idea. I'd rather not set myself up for carb sensitivity.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #224
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It varies...I don't have a set meal. Just go with the flow. I am definitely very SUGAR sensitive ... After the cake and cookies from the party yesterday, I have the usual tenderness/inflammation I always get after sugar. I don't get this with other carbs like bread or chips etc.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:48 PM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Spent some time on the web site tonight. Wow, I had no idea. I thought the No S diet page was the website, I didn't realize that was just a page. The podcasts are great. I tried to download them on CD to listen on my commute but I think they're protected. I was kind of surprised. I sent him an email to see if I was doing it wrong or if I could buy them. Stayed up too late already, but I'm pretty excited about this. See you in the morning.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:02 AM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good morning!! ready for another green day here!

cheryl...i soooo hope you get the vet job. sounds like you had a great interview. did they say when they would let you know??

have a blessed day, ladies!

oh, terri....i too drink my coffee with cream and then have breakfast later on.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:32 AM   #227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning All!

Green Light ahead! I can't call yesterday a Greener unfortunately. I made a small bunless burger for dinner and then grabbed a couple pieces of ham to finish filling me up. Had I started out with that on my plate all would have been good and I thought of it that way at the time, but then I realized that blew the whole point of the empty plate habit.
Oh well, chalk it up to a live & learn, but it did well to validate the importance of the habit.

Hope you get some great news today Cheryl.

Have a terrific day everyone!
Old 08-14-2012, 06:45 AM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Nicole T
Stats: 193/189/170
WOE: hCG/Paleo
Start Date: 10/7/13
Onto my second Green day I did eat wheat last night (light whole grain english muffin) with two eggs on it and have to say that my tummy was not very happy last night or even this morning (grumbly). I may have no choice but to do LC with this--or at least gluten free.

I'm not weighing myself right now or for the foreseeable future for fear of spazzing out when I see the #. Honestly, I'm not all that concerned with losing weight anymore--I'd just love to stabilize being able to eat in a sane way!

Congrats on the interview Cheryl...I'm sure they felt your love and enthusiasm for animals and that speaks volumes!

We should start a No S facebook group
Old 08-14-2012, 07:29 AM   #229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

nicole...i have gone to once a week weighing for awhile now. it's so much less stressful. i have found that simply monitoring the way my clothes fit and what the mirror looks like is every bit as motivating as the scale. i can tell in the mirror when i have not done so great and when i have done good. b/c really, no one knows what the scale says, but EVERYONE can see the way my clothes fit so why not monitor what other people CAN see instead of what they can't? does that make sense?
Old 08-14-2012, 08:02 AM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
nicole...i have gone to once a week weighing for awhile now. it's so much less stressful. i have found that simply monitoring the way my clothes fit and what the mirror looks like is every bit as motivating as the scale. i can tell in the mirror when i have not done so great and when i have done good. b/c really, no one knows what the scale says, but EVERYONE can see the way my clothes fit so why not monitor what other people CAN see instead of what they can't? does that make sense?
Makes PERFECT sense Dazy!! Why have I never thought of it like that before??? LOL
Nicole T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

it has been an evolving thought process as i have not been weighing daily. it really clicked when ReileyWorm (sp) posted her pictures....there was a 10lb difference in her pictures, but in the one that she was 10lbs heavier, she LOOKED better!! sooo, even tho i've not started exercising regularly (yet), it helped me to realize that the number on the scale really is kind of irrelevant....or at least maybe not AS relevant.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #232
Big Yapper!

Good morning, lovely ladies! Well, I mean "good afternoon!"

Quote:
Laura,
Have people found faster results adding low carb to No S? I would rather not, but would be willing to consider if it might amp up the losses. I really only have about 10-15 pounds (back) to goal. A year is doable with this WOE, but six months would sure be preferable.

Also a couple things I've wondered about:
1. Coffee with Half & Half. I usually have a cup or two in the morning and eat breakfast about an hour later.
2. Chocolate Cherry Smoothies with no added sugar, just a little Truvia for breakfast.
3. Sugar Free Cheese Cake with Strawberries for lunch.
Would you consider these Kosher or S items?

Cheryl,
Sounds like the interview went great! Keepin' a prayer in the air

Yay Buddy, green light day. So are you low carbin' or what?
On the No S board, I actually started a thread with the question about drinking iced coffee with cream and ez sweetz throughout the day. You can find it if you searched. They said that was not considered a snack. And I guess somewhere, Reinhart (sp?) says we can even have a glass of milk in between meals sometimes. Haven't read that yet, but that's one of the answers I got to my thread.

Quote:
Spent some time on the web site tonight. Wow, I had no idea. I thought the No S diet page was the website, I didn't realize that was just a page. The podcasts are great. I tried to download them on CD to listen on my commute but I think they're protected. I was kind of surprised. I sent him an email to see if I was doing it wrong or if I could buy them. Stayed up too late already, but I'm pretty excited about this. See you in the morning.
You really were up late! I didn't realize they had podcasts over there. Now I need to go check them out! Where is the link to get to them? On the main home page or on the bullitin page?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
good morning!! ready for another green day here!

cheryl...i soooo hope you get the vet job. sounds like you had a great interview. did they say when they would let you know??

have a blessed day, ladies!

oh, terri....i too drink my coffee with cream and then have breakfast later on.
They didn't say when I could expect to hear their decision but I still need to fax them my application. I filled it out this morning and will fax it this afternoon from the library before heading to do the equine care stuff (in the rain.) The interview was amazing and I could see God in it the entire time. The only problem there might be is I told them I needed to net around $400/month and they might have to have me do other things to make that goal. I told them I'm more than happy to help his wife in the office with her "mountain of paperwork." She was very twinkly-eyed about that idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole T View Post
Onto my second Green day I did eat wheat last night (light whole grain english muffin) with two eggs on it and have to say that my tummy was not very happy last night or even this morning (grumbly). I may have no choice but to do LC with this--or at least gluten free.

I'm not weighing myself right now or for the foreseeable future for fear of spazzing out when I see the #. Honestly, I'm not all that concerned with losing weight anymore--I'd just love to stabilize being able to eat in a sane way!

Congrats on the interview Cheryl...I'm sure they felt your love and enthusiasm for animals and that speaks volumes!

We should start a No S facebook group
Thanks, Nicole! They got a very clear picture of my love for animals, and since I am a nurse, they also know they are getting someone with plenty of skills and abilities as well. Now I just need to send them my application and wait for the news. Thank you all for your prayers! Keep them circulating a while longer. I don't believe that prayers "expire" but a few more would be appreciated so much.

I'm not doing this LC. I decided to be truly free, I was going to eat exactly what I wanted at mealtimes, as long as I stuck to the No S rules. I had decided to make Sandwiches an S day thing, but that didn't stick. I am on a cheeseburger kick right now and nothing tastes better to me than a grilled cheeseburger on a toasted Portuguese roll with mayo, onion, salt, pepper and maybe a slice of tomato. Cheddar cheese. That's usually my entire meal, but one day I also steamed an ear of corn and enjoyed that on the side.

I will only be weighing on Saturday mornings, before the start of my S day. I think that will be often enough, and will show me if what I've been doing during the week has been helping my progress or hurting it. I do not want to gain!

Have an AWESOME day!!

Last edited by CherylB; 08-14-2012 at 09:33 AM..
Old 08-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This is the link to the Postcasts. I really liked them.

Everyday Systems Podcast
Old 08-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #234
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

just joined the gym. and did a few weights and a bit of cardio.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #235
Big Yapper!

Thanks for the link, Terri! WTG, Dazy! I went to my new gym and signed the paperwork at 3pm today. Got my picture taken and my key tag. Ready to rock and roll! Finished my two farm days and now I'm POOPED. Car's brakes are on the fritz so as soon as I get those repaired tomorrow, I can start going to the gym.

I faxed my application so now I just have to sit and wait. I'm not very good at waiting, so I will need to stay busy. Just ate breakfast at 7:20pm. I grilled a cheeseburger which was way too small for the bun and I was wishing I'd grilled two of them. I had been doing that last week but it started to feel like a sneaky way of having "seconds." Need smaller buns! (No pun intended, but stands true both ways.)

Have a super nice night, ladies. I think I'm going to have a movie night in the comfort of my bed.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzi7
Stats: 265/165 rd3p2/goal this round 140
WOE: vegetarian/organic/hHcg rogue, No-S for Life
Start Date: 5/11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I faxed my application so now I just have to sit and wait. I'm not very good at waiting, so I will need to stay busy....
Have a super nice night, ladies. I think I'm going to have a movie night in the comfort of my bed.
Prayers here for the job, Cheryl! I KNOW how it feels to wait... may you have great favor with them!

Tomorrow I start P3.... No-S style. lol

I am soooo looking forward to this!
suzi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:33 PM   #237
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Suzi! And WAHOOOO as you progress into No S.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG Gym Rats

Need smaller buns! (No pun intended, but stands true both ways.) Me Too!

Welcome to No S land Suzi!
Old 08-15-2012, 05:48 AM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Green Lighter yesterday food and exercise wise I feel great and starting to get in the zone.

I think I'm getting DH talked into giving this a try. He keeps trying Low Carb and then struggles out on the road with so many limited choices. He called yesterday and said he thought he was just going to have to come home (he'll be in town next week) and do HCG. Of course being primed from the Pod Casts I started sharing the light. He's pretty excited now. His biggest challenge is going to be snacking. He's a technician and doesn't take a "lunch break" just snacks throughout the day while he's working. Which of course is a big part of the problem.

Hope everyone has a blessed day!
Old 08-15-2012, 06:12 AM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

Had a major No S victory today! I've only been doing it for 4 days (two of those S days) but I woke up this morning and for some reason decided to get on the scale (I kinda wanted to do this 4 days ago but was scared but I wanted a baseline for the next month of No S). I was 173.2! I thought for sure I'd be 180 since I was 177.8 on Friday when I got home from the beach.

Here's the weird thing...I didn't go crazy this past weekend but I DEFINITELY ate more than I felt comfortable eating while trying to maintain weight--wings drenched in honey bbq sauce Fri night followed by a huge salad BBQ chicken salad topped with tortilla strips, corn, black beans, cheese and lots of ranch dressing. Followed all that up with a frozen yogurt (sugar free though) with peanut butter and hot fudge sauce (not sugar free LOL). I went out for breakfast Sat and Sun morning with my boyfriend and got omelets both times but also got sides of scrapple. I ate an English Muffin Monday night which I haven't had in over a year! I even ate Dreamfields low-carb pasta last night with an avocado cream sauce as a side to my pork chop (but only had one plate). Oh and had a decent amount of red beans and rice with my salad yesterday at Whole Foods too!

I just can't believe this could actually work...and all while eating more "normal" foods than strict paleo! I got some gluten free millet and chia seed bread from Whole Foods yesterday so I'm going to have a slice with my eggs this morning....SO excited

Last edited by Nicole T; 08-15-2012 at 06:19 AM..
Nicole T is offline   Reply With Quote