Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2012, 07:32 PM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by leisha View Post
Join us Tammy! It's taken me a couple of weeks to get in the swing of things but I think this is going to be just what I've been needing!

.........Go Steelers!!
Ok, today I gave the No S a trial day and did it low carb. I'm going to apply the rules of this WOE along with keeping the carbs minimal. Maybe have higher carbs on the "S" days, if I choose. NO counting anything.....calories or carbs.
You like the Steelers? First Pre-game is the 9th, I'm excited for football to start!
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #182
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Yea, Tammy!!! Go Steelers! (Not that I really care. But when the Patriots are up, I have to root for them for my Mother's sake.)
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Yea, Tammy!!! Go Steelers! (Not that I really care. But when the Patriots are up, I have to root for them for my Mother's sake.)
Thats ok. You can be a steeler fan with me and a patriot fan with your mom! hahaha
How has the No S been for you? Today I may have a DQ Dilly Bar. Its been yrs since I've eaten one and hubby bought a bx of them yesterday. Promise to stop at 1.
TOM has been kicking my a$$. Yesterday was real bad. I knew when I stopped the hHCG he'd show up with a vengeance! Sure enough did.
Have to go grocery shop today while Chloe is with her dad. My first big shopping day since starting LC/HF. I know I'm buying more torani sf syrups! Mmmm! I can't believe our walmart has so many flavors!
I'll return later! Have a very nice "S" day everyone!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 08-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzi7
Stats: 265/165 rd3p2/goal this round 140
WOE: vegetarian/organic/hHcg rogue, No-S for Life
Start Date: 5/11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
You like the Steelers? First Pre-game is the 9th, I'm excited for football to start!
Finishing up this round/bottle of hHcg (too frugal to waste the bottle!) and then starting No-S.

One of the best parts of this WOE is that Steelers Days are also S-days (ok so for the occasional Thursday night game, I think they too are S-days: Saturday, Sunday, Sick Days, Special Days, Steeler Days... lol)

So looking forward to Football season... and the No-S WOE.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
suzi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: leisha
Stats: 210/195/155
WOE: Weight Watchers 360
Start Date: May 2014 this round!
Tammy my brother-in-law is from Pittsburg and is a huge Steelers fan, which means my twin sister is so I am too! It's the only pro football team sweatshirt I have....probably the only one in south Alabama!

I have lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks but I have been having trouble with the calorie counts and recognizing that I will be able to eat more later. I feel like I will do better now that I'm in the "groove"!
leisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I wore my steeler t-shirt in Georgia and in Kentucky and you'd be surprised how many ppl say they are fans too! I wear it just to see if anyone comments. LOL
I've heard that most ppl lose 1 lb a week on No S at first. Due to overeating in the first few weeks.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzi7 View Post
Finishing up this round/bottle of hHcg (too frugal to waste the bottle!) and then starting No-S.

One of the best parts of this WOE is that Steelers Days are also S-days (ok so for the occasional Thursday night game, I think they too are S-days: Saturday, Sunday, Sick Days, Special Days, Steeler Days... lol)

So looking forward to Football season... and the No-S WOE.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good idea! Shall add an occasional "Steeler S Day"! Yayyyyyy!!!!
Old 08-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #188
Big Yapper!

Well, I've lost focus this week, with the party planning and such. I'm going to recommit now that the party stuff is behind me. I'm going to go full-on No S from this day forward. Then I can tell you how it's going.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:19 AM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
i am back to no-s! been reading the book and just can't believe how something so simple makes so much sense. makes me feel like such a dunce, but i am grateful for the gracious soul who made a quiet mention of this way of eating in some thread on the board....i don't even remember now what forum or who the poster was, but feel i was supposed to see her post!

so, hope all you no-s'ers are still out there!
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #190
Big Yapper!

I believe it was Terri, who also began this thread. She is currently (or last I heard) doing an hcg round, then she's coming back to No S to live.

I know what you mean, Dazy. It is so incredibly simple and makes so much sense. Just think of all the plans we could make up on our own and books we could write and money there is to be made if we could come up with something equally as obvious and workable! Fun to dream.

I am very focused on No S now, after a little bit of de-focusing. ( ) I even joined a gym yesterday! And I decided not to drink any more booze for the remainder of the year. That will help my pocket book, my "bottom line" and my health. When 2013 comes around, I will reassess.

I've been a member of this gym before and I love it. It has everything anyone could wish for in a gym, except a track. I think you can find a track at any High School so that's not a biggie for me. In fact there is a very nice gravel track around a small lake just up the road from me. It is flat and absolutely serene and is about 0.8 miles if you just do one loop around. They don't allow dogs but I know many people bring their dogs anyway.

Rambling. I'm not sure how often I should weigh. I will no doubt have a bump-up on the scale after beginning my gym and home exercise routine faithfully. What do you ladies think about that?

Thanks for reviving the thread, Dazy. I will be active here again now that I'm not alone.

"Free your mind and your @$$ will follow."

My Journal.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:23 AM   #191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

so an S day today. feel ok about it...possibly had more than i needed at lunch, but will take that into account at supper. one thing i read in the book is that no matter the mess-ups, keep S days, S days...no punishing on S days to account for mess ups somewhere else. i feel slightly too indulgent but am staying aware and will not let it get hog wild. we are having kyle's 13th bday party with family tomorrow. will treat it as a S day and enjoy some cake.

i wish you the very best as you continue the year without alcohol...nothing beats a great diet coke, ya know... whatever the feeling is that you get from drinking alcohol, i urge you to find that feeling in staying on task. you don't need that stuff....right?? i too am feeling more of an urge to rejoin our teensy 'gym' in town which is just a 1/2 a block from my shop. it has treadmills and weights....that's all i need. and only $20/mo it's such a no brainer, i just need to do it.

i read about your vet job. you get it!!
Old 08-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #192
Big Yapper!

I like the idea of keeping S days as S days and not acting in a punitive way. I haven't read the book yet. I bought it and I just haven't read it cause it just seems so fundamental that I wonder how he could write a whole book about it!

Happy Birthday, Kyle! You are now officially a teenager. (Hold onto your hats, parents.)

I wish I felt that way about diet soda but very few sodas taste good to me. I like this brand we have in CT "Polar" and the soda comes in 1 liter bottles. Their diet grape is wonderful but when I think of the artificial dye I'm pouring into my digestive system, it freaks me out a bit. I'm better-off sticking to my iced coffees. And when the weather gets cooler, regular hot coffee will taste good again.

I shouldn't have a problem with not drinking. I just have to get to the point where I'm at right now in order to actually stop imbibing. It takes a lot for me to finally say, "Enough." I am there.

That's a very inexpensive fee for a gym membership! I hope you go for it. Thank you for your prayers and support about the job. It would be fall-down-on-my-knees-and-thanking-God perfect for me. I hope they see my potential and are not concerned with my time off between jobs. (I really don't like to tell people I'm on disability. There's so much stigma to that. Not sure how I will approach all that, but I do want to point out to them that I don't need a large hourly wage or insurance.)

Let's do this gym thing together, Dazy! We'll feel so much better about ourselves and our bodies. And like you said, it's a wonderful release. Life is tough!
Old 08-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: leisha
Stats: 210/195/155
WOE: Weight Watchers 360
Start Date: May 2014 this round!
I'm still plodding along and trying to do this S diet. Just cutting out snacks for me has been a real calorie saver but I don't seem to be losing much. I think I'm still trying to overcompensate at meals for not snacking!
leisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #194
Big Yapper!

Yeah, Leisha. That would do it. How do you feel after eating your meal? Stuffed or comfortable? Shoot for feeling comfortable. That should be a good guide.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/139.3/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I believe it was Terri, who also began this thread. She is currently (or last I heard) doing an hcg round, then she's coming back to No S to live.

I know what you mean, Dazy. It is so incredibly simple and makes so much sense. Just think of all the plans we could make up on our own and books we could write and money there is to be made if we could come up with something equally as obvious and workable! Fun to dream.

I am very focused on No S now, after a little bit of de-focusing. ( ) I even joined a gym yesterday! And I decided not to drink any more booze for the remainder of the year. That will help my pocket book, my "bottom line" and my health. When 2013 comes around, I will reassess.

I've been a member of this gym before and I love it. It has everything anyone could wish for in a gym, except a track. I think you can find a track at any High School so that's not a biggie for me. In fact there is a very nice gravel track around a small lake just up the road from me. It is flat and absolutely serene and is about 0.8 miles if you just do one loop around. They don't allow dogs but I know many people bring their dogs anyway.

Rambling. I'm not sure how often I should weigh. I will no doubt have a bump-up on the scale after beginning my gym and home exercise routine faithfully. What do you ladies think about that?

Thanks for reviving the thread, Dazy. I will be active here again now that I'm not alone.
I'm afraid I can't take credit for this, Dazy told me about it Whoever it was, THANK YOU!! I'm looking forward to coming back home.

Right now I'm still doing a round, I lost focus so moved to a HCG/Low Carb WOE. Once again, Dazy's fault

The No S habits have really helped me on this round. I'm going start sharpening them again, heading that way.

Just wanted to stop by and say Hi
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #196
Big Yapper!

Oh, wow! Then we need to find out who that mystery woman was! I think I'll do a search for "no s" and see what posts show up. I'll go by the earliest date and see who planted this seed.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #197
Big Yapper!

... scratch that idea. Threads are listed according to the last time someone posted on it and I am not interested enough to do this research. But it sure would be nice to give credit where credit is due! Let's just give it all to the guy who wrote the book.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:49 PM   #198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey now, miss terri!! i'm only here to make things...ahem...easier?

can't wait to have you back.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Easier? More Interesting? More Fun?
Old 08-12-2012, 04:58 AM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

so, i think i overdid my S day yesterday. i can feel some bloat and i don't like that. today we are having kyle's bday party (birthday is actually monday, but mom's hubby is going back to KC monday so wanted to get it in before he left.)...i will have a little cake. so don't want to undo what i little i did get done with the hcg patch so will do better about keeping things reigned in today.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:31 AM   #201
Big Yapper!

You go, gyrl! Have a wonderful day.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:55 AM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

morning! party was fun yesterday and treated as the S day that it was. no guilt!

looking forward to a week of n-days to refine ma skillz.

happy monday, all!
Old 08-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Nicole T
Stats: 193/189/170
WOE: hCG/Paleo
Start Date: 10/7/13
Oh boy ladies...I really screwed this whole thing up yet again! LOL I ended this last hcg round at 170. I did great on P3 until this past week when I took my boys to the beach for a few days with my mom. It was very hard to be staying at a place where I didn't have all "my food" and we ate out a lot. I wasn't horrible (some sweet potato fries here and there and a bowl of oatmeal) but let's just say that I was 177 when I got home! So basically that last round of HCG was a complete waste since I started it out at 178 (before loading). UGH

So I just made the decision yesterday to start No S and count this past weekend as my S days. Not sure how much ditching P3 will screw me up but I am just SO DONE with obsessing over food and am longing for a sane plan to follow.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #204
Big Yapper!

That sucks, Nicole. But that's the problem with extreme dieting! The up and downs of it all. The trying to avoid certain food groups rather than just learning how to eat normal portions of healthy foods on a regular basis while enjoying an occasional splurge on certain days. I'm glad you came over to the No S plan! Stay with us and be patient. Work the plan and learn to set yourself free.

Dazy, that's what we are all doing, day by day. We got skillz!
Old 08-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everybody I'm back too!!

I'm in the same boat as you Nicole. This round was an absolute waste of time and energy

I'm ready for some sanity! First No-S day today. No off weekend S days in the foreseeable future. DH is out of town two of the next three weeks and is doing well on low carb at the moment anyway, so the temptations will be at a minimum.

I'm going to lean low-carbish, but mainly focus on re-honing my No-S habits, making wiser choices, staying consistent and developing a regular exercise habit.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #206
Big Yapper!

I have a job interview today at 1:30. Please pray for me!!! I'll explain later on. I already wrote about it on my journal if you don't want to wait until perhaps tonight, cause I have the farm today, too.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:16 AM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Big prayers shot your way Cheryl. I'll keep them coming!! Wishing you the best!!

Hint from a recruiter (Me ) When he asks your long range goals he wants to know that if he spends time training you, you'll be around a while to make it worth his time. He also wants to know that you care about how the work you do today will affect your future with him and the company.

Best of luck!!
Old 08-13-2012, 10:02 AM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

cheryl....let us know...

hey, nicole...so sorry about your p3...i hope you find peace of mind with no-s. you have the book, don't you? i didn't think i needed the book, but am so glad i bought it (kindle version). i have really enjoyed reading the immense common-sense-ness of it all.

hi, bud! so glad you're here.

about to have lunch....tilapia...ranch dip w/ pork rinds...carrots...weird combo, i know...but it's what sounded good.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #209
Big Yapper!

Thanks for the tip, Terri! I am sitting here in Starbucks, waiting for him to arrive. I was early but he's almost late. Neither of us knows how to recognize the other, so this is interesting. Actually, it feels more like a blind date than an interview. Thanks for the prayers! Trying to focus on appearing to be relaxed + on my breathing.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LauraAnn
Stats: 271/189/150
WOE: WLS - NoS
Start Date: 02/01/08
So excited to see this thread! This is absolutely hands-down the most sane diet on the planet. So many folks, like myself (and I even had WLS), are on the yo-yo wagon of on/off, lose/gain. It heals your mind and relationship with food amazingly well! Can't wait to read everyone's thoughts on it! #1 thing it has done for me is free me to live my life without constant obsessing. The mental freedom alone is wonderful!
LauraAnn is offline   Reply With Quote