Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #151
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I love the way you write, Rachel. You have a gift with words. Keep 'em coming!
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LowCarbRachel
Stats: size 10/size 6-8/size 6
WOE: Gluten Free/Grain Free
Start Date: January 2013
I do IF, but this still applies, and I love how you said it:

I love the idea of tracking behaviour instead of ounces of chicken and if I never weigh another baked potato again, my world will still continue to turn.

Oh yeah!
LowCarbRachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Love you all and I'll be back! I'm starting P2 today to get rid of the 10 pounds I gained during the holidays, and then I'll be back here to stabilize.

I will however continue to lurk for tips and ideas Best to you all !!
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:31 AM   #154
Big Yapper!

I understand that sentiment, Terri. Good luck with P2. I will be here when you return.

I have not had the results I thought I would, but that is directly related to my behaviour. It isn't the fault of NoS. I had a lousy week of insomnia and I had too much eating and drinking of light beers during those wakeful hours. I have learned more about myself and what I can and can't manage.

Week three begins right now. I am going to do my very best to stay true to plan. This week is my wisest week so far! That's got to count for something, right?

So here's what I'm going to do: No S now means "No Suds" for me. Beer will only be allowed on the weekends or special days.

Last edited by CherylB; 07-29-2012 at 10:32 AM..
Old 07-29-2012, 10:35 AM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Nicole T
Stats: 193/189/170
WOE: hCG/Paleo
Start Date: 10/7/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I understand that sentiment, Terri. Good luck with P2. I will be here when you return.

I have not had the results I thought I would, but that is directly related to my behaviour. It isn't the fault of NoS. I had a lousy week of insomnia and I had too much eating and drinking of light beers during those wakeful hours. I have learned more about myself and what I can and can't manage.

Week three begins right now. I am going to do my very best to stay true to plan. This week is my wisest week so far! That's got to count for something, right?

So here's what I'm going to do: No S now means "No Suds" for me. Beer will only be allowed on the weekends or special days.
Sounds like a good plan Cheryl! I know beer makes me gain like gangbusters--even the really light ones like Michelob Ultra.
Nicole T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:42 AM   #156
Big Yapper!

I think NoS needs to be tailored to fit each of us. If we know certain things are best kept to S days, then we should come up with our own NoS rules. But I feel we should try to keep it as simple as it is meant to be and not made too cumbersome. That would spoil its true essence.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:27 PM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Thanks Cheryl, see ya soon. You're doing great, KUTGW!
Old 07-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: leisha
Stats: 210/195/155
WOE: Weight Watchers 360
Start Date: May 2014 this round!
Cheryl.....I understand totally....no "W" for me. I drank some wine twice this week and I hardly ever do that! I has such an effect on my weight!

I've decided the best part of this is not planning and buying and fixing that never ending sting of snacks that I eat at work all day. It is just so easy to fix a nice sandwich, salad and yogurt and be done with it!
leisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:30 PM   #159
Big Yapper!

Amen! Normalcy! I'd classify all booze under "Spirits" just so they fall into an S category.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #160
Big Yapper!

Happy day! Got my No S book in the mail, finally. Just cost me a penny, plus the shipping charge, and it only has one corner crinkle on the front cover. Starting to read it now and will hopefully be infused with No S power soon.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #161
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rachelocity
WOE: Fitbit/My Fitness Pal
Start Date: Every day I'm shuffling
*waves at Cheryl* I got my copy on Friday night, and spent the weekend poring over it. You're gonna feel totally empowered, and I am so enthusiastic about this WOL. I seriously feel like I'm defogging from almost half a century of "diet-brain"!

Is anyone using the HabitCal? It sort of reminds me of the sticker chart I used to toilet-train my DS back in the day, but it's actually effective!
Rachelocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Happy day! Got my No S book in the mail, finally. Just cost me a penny, plus the shipping charge, and it only has one corner crinkle on the front cover. Starting to read it now and will hopefully be infused with No S power soon.
YAY!! I just started the chapter on S Days and really want to be sure I digest it well but I haven't had time today to just sit and read it---darn kids! LOL
Old 07-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelocity View Post
*waves at Cheryl* I got my copy on Friday night, and spent the weekend poring over it. You're gonna feel totally empowered, and I am so enthusiastic about this WOL. I seriously feel like I'm defogging from almost half a century of "diet-brain"!

Is anyone using the HabitCal? It sort of reminds me of the sticker chart I used to toilet-train my DS back in the day, but it's actually effective!
Honestly, I kinda looked at it but it seemed overwhelming so I haven't gone back to look at it again LOL I plan on buying a little magnetic calendar for the side of my fridge and keeping a green and red marker near it and using that. Maybe I'll get inspired after reading the rest of the book tonight and will try to figure the HabitCal out
Old 07-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Go girl Go!

First day of P2 for me, very ho hum
Old 07-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #165
Big Yapper!

"Diet fog!!!" That's exactly what we've been living in. I don't think I'm going to use the Habitcal just because it focuses on the past and I don't want to do that. If I screw up, I don't want to see a bunch of red marks. I just want to take it one day at a time.

I'm hoping the book does the same for me that it has done for you, Rachel. I know Terri really enjoyed reading it, too. I jumped right to the "habit resetting" chapter (page 113.) That seems to be my main hurdle so far. The first week went perfectly. I don't know what happened! Maybe I just can't handle freedom.

One thing that is bound to help me is I got my Restoril refilled and will take it again beginning tonight. I tried so hard to get off sleeping pills after years of being dependent on them, but it's been nearly 2 months now and I just can't get onto a sleep schedule I can live with. I'm good on-plan all day, but as the hours tick by each night, I just cave to boredom and frustration. That is what is preventing me from making any headway.

So, I admit defeat for now. I need to use them a while longer, I guess. I am okay with that. I gave it my all.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #166
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Go girl Go!

First day of P2 for me, very ho hum
Boooo hiss! But soon you will be at goal and I will be still slugging it out on No S. One of these days it's going to "take", though. I feel confidant if I can actually sleep, the rest will fall into line.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
i broke down and got the book too (on my ipad...you know, instant gratification ) i am on ch 3 i think.

makes me want to jump back to no-s RIHGT NOW.
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #168

I downloaded an app (free I think) called Healthy Habits. It's not my favorite, but it does allow me to check off my two habits: did I exercise 20+ minutes? And did I only eat in an 8 hour window?

I bet there are other "healthy habit" type apps available, too.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #169
Big Yapper!

So I got me some sleeping meds and they are all lined up in a pretty little row (in my pill dispenser) and I anticipate a lovely night's rest tonight. Oh God, I hope so.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So good to hear Cheryl! Hope you have a great night sleep tonight!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #171
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Dazy. I LOVE your latest family pics. Great new Avi. Great to hear of Noah's peach fuzz and retiring his hats.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Cheryl. They were last falls pictures, so we'll be getting new ones in a few months.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

The no snacking is working out fine for me. The no spirits is working too. I honestly think I'm going to have to add one more...no supper!! I've been doing great everyday but when it comes to supper time I'm overeating terribly and I've never done that. It's like I don't think that I'm ever going to get food again. I've had been eating a big breakfast and lunch the first week because I wasn't sure I wouldn't starve without my snacks. This week I've made my breakfast and lunch smaller and I'm trying to make up for it with dinner! I guess I've still got to get used to it all and get it figured out in my head!

This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it! Psm 118:24

210 208 206 204 202 200 198 196 194 192 190 188 186 184 182 180 178 176 174 172 170 169 168 166 163 162 160 158 156

<--------My husband, sons and sweet dog!
Old 08-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #174

The author of the books says that some people will tend to overeat and may need to overeat a little bit in the beginning. He even says it's okay to pile your plate a bit at the start. Be kind to yourself and give yourself time to get adjusted...even use a bigger plate the beginning if you need to do it. Once your body and mind understand that you will be fed on a regular basis, you'll naturally start to stop eating when you are full, even if there is still food on your plate.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #175
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rachelocity
WOE: Fitbit/My Fitness Pal
Start Date: Every day I'm shuffling
I've started to realize that I am needing to really truly feel confident that there will be more food available at my next mealtime and I don't have to eat the whole fridge empty now just in case there's a famine while I'm watching House Hunters. My fear of hunger, originally stemming from my diabetic father's fear of hypoglycemia and reinforced by 45 years of restrictive-style yo-yo dieting, is a bit more entrenched than I might like, and it's probably unrealistic to expect to conquer it in two weeks. But I WILL get through this!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #176
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leisha View Post
The no snacking is working out fine for me. The no spirits is working too. I honestly think I'm going to have to add one more...no supper!! I've been doing great everyday but when it comes to supper time I'm overeating terribly and I've never done that. It's like I don't think that I'm ever going to get food again. I've had been eating a big breakfast and lunch the first week because I wasn't sure I wouldn't starve without my snacks. This week I've made my breakfast and lunch smaller and I'm trying to make up for it with dinner! I guess I've still got to get used to it all and get it figured out in my head!
But if supper gets out of hand because you fear not lasting until breakfast, think how much more you'll feel of those feelings if LUNCH is your supper! Don't do that to yourself. Just let this process work its way out and don't feel guilty along the way. We're learning how to eat for the rest of our lives, and that is no easy feat! If it were, diets would be unnecessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelocity View Post
I've started to realize that I am needing to really truly feel confident that there will be more food available at my next mealtime and I don't have to eat the whole fridge empty now just in case there's a famine while I'm watching House Hunters. My fear of hunger, originally stemming from my diabetic father's fear of hypoglycemia and reinforced by 45 years of restrictive-style yo-yo dieting, is a bit more entrenched than I might like, and it's probably unrealistic to expect to conquer it in two weeks. But I WILL get through this!
Amen! I hear that.

Everyday is another attempt at getting it right and believe me, everyday is not a victory. But everyday we start over fresh and everyday thereafter.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
But if supper gets out of hand because you fear not lasting until breakfast, think how much more you'll feel of those feelings if LUNCH is your supper! Don't do that to yourself. Just let this process work its way out and don't feel guilty along the way. We're learning how to eat for the rest of our lives, and that is no easy feat! If it were, diets would be unnecessary.
So true Cheryl! Thank you for these wise words!

Quote:
The author of the books says that some people will tend to overeat and may need to overeat a little bit in the beginning. He even says it's okay to pile your plate a bit at the start. Be kind to yourself and give yourself time to get adjusted...even use a bigger plate the beginning if you need to do it. Once your body and mind understand that you will be fed on a regular basis, you'll naturally start to stop eating when you are full, even if there is still food on your plate.
....and Rachel....thank you this!

I did cut my dinner drastically tonight and I do believe I'm going to live!
Old 08-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #178
Big Yapper!

Well if you don't, just know that we will miss you dearly.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
This thread is very interesting and I went to the website and read alot there. Thinking.....
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:49 AM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Join us Tammy! It's taken me a couple of weeks to get in the swing of things but I think this is going to be just what I've been needing!

.........Go Steelers!!