Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Nicole T
Stats: 193/189/170
WOE: hCG/Paleo
Start Date: 10/7/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I am very happy to report that I got on the treadmill and did what I set out to do. I walked for just under an hour and did 3 miles, plus a few minutes cool-down at the end. I had a fan turned on high and placed directly in front of me, but after a while, I was so sweaty that it just wasn't enough. I was mentally making notes so that the next time will be better.

I will keep the window closed in that room in the future, and turn the air conditioner on full blast for 10-15 minutes before I get on it. And I will have more than just a paper towel to deal with the sweating. A hand towel that has been wet with cold water and rung out will be there to place around my neck and do the dabbing with. Also, I need to do something about foot comfort because I noticed pain and irritation to my right great toe, and then later on I noticed more to my outer right toes. I guess the shoes I wore are just too new. I kicked them off as soon as I hit the 3-mile mark and did my cool-down in stocking feet.

I did bring enough to drink, though. One ice coffee and one bottle of cold water. That I will repeat.

So after that, I took a very satisfying shower, then I put my dog on the treadmill for her walk. She was trying to get on it even as I was walking and I had to keep telling her "no." Cutie pie! So she did a half hour and covered a full mile. She wasn't acting like she wanted to get off and I stayed in the room with her the whole time.

So she and I are going to be getting fit together. My goal is to do 3 miles on the treadmill every day of the week except the two days that I work as a volunteer at an equine therapy center, and I'll have to add in an exception for days where I have something special going on. This coming Saturday will be one of those types of days. It's a fundraiser for the equine therapy center and I'll be there most of the day.

I'm so glad I finally got off my lazy arse and walked!!! Thank you, Lord. It's not about motivation as much as it is about determination.
Good for you Cheryl! You deserve to be very proud of yourself
Nicole T is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #122
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Thanks, Nicole! I will keep it going and give myself something to REALLY be proud of.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:16 PM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl

dh and i had a great weekend. such a blessing from my sister. we are going to alternate months of watching each other's kiddos so we can keep having that reconnect time with out hubbys.

it was pretty much a free weekend, food wise...but i chose to do that. i put my hhcg patch back on a little bit ago. with the cruise coming up, i want to get this 10lbs off. i WILL return to you gals...count on that!

sounds like you are all making great strides in getting figured out what works best for you! i really felt like my week off the patch went great and mentally i felt great. so i am very happy about that and look forward to being able to pick up with that feeling after hhcg. not sure what i'll do for the cruise...if i'll just enjoy and not fret or try to adhere to some sort of structure. i know i don't want to be consumed with food thoughts and worry that i messing up. i just want to enjoy this once in a life time experience.
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:58 PM   #124
Big Yapper!

Carrie, that's awesome that your sister and you have come up with such a great way to keep having some alone time with your dear hubby's. I'll bet it's something that each of you finds valuable. I bet the kids think it's a great idea, too.

Best of luck with your hhcg round! I would definitely follow the no S plan on the cruise. That way you won't be missing out on too much. I'm not sure how you feel about deserts. That would be the only thing you couldn't have, unless it was the weekend. And you won't have to obsess about the food, just as you are hoping not to be doing.

We'll keep the "home fires burning" for you until you come back to this plan. By then, hopefully we'll have some good progress stories to tell you and to keep you motivated with. I'm going to do everything I can to make that happen.

Oops! Posted this too soon by accident. I was about to say have a great night and I'll catch you tomorrow!

I have come to the decision that there is no such thing as a destination.

My Journal.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:03 PM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/140.5/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Woo Hoo Cheryl, WTG

Welcome back Bud!! Glad you had a great time. I missed you!!
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #126
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Terri. I'm really glad I did the full 3 miles cause that was what I set out to do. If I stop before my goal, that is setting a dangerous precedent that ends up being repeated throughout life. Been there, done that. Now I want to achieve what I set out to achieve, no matter how difficult the climb.

I was up all dang night long. Finally caught a nap between 9-10 and 1 pm. It will have to be enough. I'm the only volunteer there on Mondays (at the equine place) and I will have much work to do. (Well, the only volunteer who is there to do the equine care and pm feed/grooming stuff.) There are volunteers who are doing the side-walking and stuff in the lessons.

Just looked on their website. Even though more T-storms are predicted, they aren't cancelling the lessons. Hope that doesn't back-fire on them.

I am back on a N day (non s) and I'm happy about it. I ate a fried egg and bacon sandwich this morning for breakfast, and had a banana to finish off the meal. Oh how I hope I can make this plan work for me as far as weight loss goes. I will find a way to make it work! This is only my second week and I have high hopes.

Have a lovely Monday, ladies. Hope to hear more from the rest of you No S peeps. How are things going for you? What are you learning about yourselves? What are you finding out about how to handle the S days?

Last edited by CherylB; 07-23-2012 at 11:56 AM..
Old 07-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

So I only have 8 more days of P2 left (not that I'm counting them down or anything!) and have a question about No S...do I still do the usual P3 (basically Atkins) and then move into No S for P4? I'm guessing the answer is yes since if I did No S in P3, I'd be eating carbs and sugars more than likely.

For anyone who has done this (regular P3 and then moved to No S), were you able to stabilize when you started No S? I am just having the HARDEST time believing that I will be able to eat a burger and fries on my plate on the N days (with no seconds and no sugar of course) and NOT gain! Logically I understand how this works but I guess my body has felt like it's been SO sensitive to any little carb or sugar that I give it since doing HCG that my weight jumps right up whenever I eat those things. I know I can just do Paleo on my N days but it would be nice to be able to free up my food choices a bit and maybe have...gasp...a sandwich from time to time! LOL

Last edited by Nicole T; 07-23-2012 at 02:57 PM..
Old 07-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I went from P2 to full blown No S with all the crap under the sun. It was my birthday, yada, yada, yada. I gained about 3.8 # in three weeks, not bad considering. If I do another round, I am going to move to a more traditional P3ish No S just because I do better with low carb. But I probably will still have some whole grains as I'm able to tolerate those pretty well. Right now I'm trying to eliminate those on N days to lose. We'll see how that works.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
I went from P2 to full blown No S with all the crap under the sun. It was my birthday, yada, yada, yada. I gained about 3.8 # in three weeks, not bad considering. If I do another round, I am going to move to a more traditional P3ish No S just because I do better with low carb. But I probably will still have some whole grains as I'm able to tolerate those pretty well. Right now I'm trying to eliminate those on N days to lose. We'll see how that works.
I've messed up my last P3's so much that I'm afraid to NOT do a legal P3! So I think I'll play by the books until after P3 and move into No S
Old 07-23-2012, 06:41 PM   #130
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole T View Post
So I only have 8 more days of P2 left (not that I'm counting them down or anything!) and have a question about No S...do I still do the usual P3 (basically Atkins) and then move into No S for P4? I'm guessing the answer is yes since if I did No S in P3, I'd be eating carbs and sugars more than likely.

For anyone who has done this (regular P3 and then moved to No S), were you able to stabilize when you started No S? I am just having the HARDEST time believing that I will be able to eat a burger and fries on my plate on the N days (with no seconds and no sugar of course) and NOT gain! Logically I understand how this works but I guess my body has felt like it's been SO sensitive to any little carb or sugar that I give it since doing HCG that my weight jumps right up whenever I eat those things. I know I can just do Paleo on my N days but it would be nice to be able to free up my food choices a bit and maybe have...gasp...a sandwich from time to time! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole T View Post
I've messed up my last P3's so much that I'm afraid to NOT do a legal P3! So I think I'll play by the books until after P3 and move into No S
I totally agree with your decision. I think hcg and no s are polar opposite plans and in order to not totally undo what good you achieved on P2, I'd totally stick it out and at least do a really clean P3 for a few weeks. It sucks but it's better than maybe bringing all your P2 losses to naught.

I know if it were me in your shoes and asked the same question, I wouldn't want to hear my answer! But I'm so glad you came to it all on your own.

Oh, ladies. I am just totally WASTED tonight after my 3 hr and 15 minute equine day. I was completely saturated with sweat from head to toe. I drank water like it was going out of style and it was the only thing that kept me vertical. I actually felt the slightest twinge of nausea like I could have puked if I kept working at that intensity in this heat.

It was only 80 degrees (according to my car thermometer, but I really don't believe it) but it had to be 100% humidity. In the distance, thunder rolled over and over but rain never came. I was hoping it would! I was already wet so why not also be refreshed? OMG, I just can't take heat and humidity. I was on the verge of death.

Stopped at the liquor store on the way home, sweat-soaked clothes covered in horse hair and all. I didn't care! I needed to have some cold ones tonight. So dinner consisted of a hot dog in a bun with brown mustard and some sauerkraut and 2 beers. I am as content as a kitten laying in a sun beam. I love No S!!!!

I am so GLAD I didn't do the treadmill today, too. I had no idea how horrid it was going to be out there today. I kicked butt and even got to groom two of the horses (that aren't being used in program right now.) They were both shedding BEASTS! I can't say I could blame them. If I were them, I wouldn't want any of my fur left on me at all! Not until the end of September, for sure.

So I pealed off my sopping wet clothes and slid into the shower. OMG! Heaven! Now I have that hot dog and two beers swimming around in my belly and blood stream and I couldn't feel much better.

I hope you all have a great night. Nicole, hang in there, honey! I think you'll be glad you stuck it out. I think what we need to do, no matter what plan we're currently on is to stay committed. When it's time for No S, you can commit to a much more enjoyable WOE.

PS: ETA, I forgot something else that happened at the farm that was really out of the ordinary. A guy came up and asked if one of us could give him a short ride back to his house. He'd run out of gas in his car and just parked it in our lot. I said I would do that but then I started getting a weird feeling like maybe he was an ax murderer or something. Once I got the story straight, I decided to risk it and I drove him just a 1/4 mile or less to his house to get his gasoline container. It was full to the brim and we were on our way back to the farm in no time. Turned out he was very thankful and I was not living in regret.

Last edited by CherylB; 07-23-2012 at 06:46 PM..
Old 07-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #131
Big Yapper!

Guess I'm the only one here so I'll post in order to keep our little thread from slipping too far back in the pack. I'm doing great! Will have my second weigh-in this Saturday morning. Feeling free and blessed and it's becoming second nature now.

Being free and no longer relying on magic plans like hhcg and low carb has showed me that I need to compensate by actually working out. So I am doing well with my fitness plan as well! I did 3 miles on the treadmill on Sunday, then on Monday and Tuesday I got a full-body workout with the horse care. Today I did another 3 miles and while my dog did her 1 mile, I got on the floor and did crunches, planks, and other things to work my abs, chest, back and arms. That took 22 minutes.

This is so sustainable! I am so blessed. I hope those of you who are on this road with me will post here on a regular basis so I won't be all by my lonesome. Though I really don't feel alone cause I'm not on a diet! Woohooo!
Old 07-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Guess I'm the only one here so I'll post in order to keep our little thread from slipping too far back in the pack. I'm doing great! Will have my second weigh-in this Saturday morning. Feeling free and blessed and it's becoming second nature now.

Being free and no longer relying on magic plans like hhcg and low carb has showed me that I need to compensate by actually working out. So I am doing well with my fitness plan as well! I did 3 miles on the treadmill on Sunday, then on Monday and Tuesday I got a full-body workout with the horse care. Today I did another 3 miles and while my dog did her 1 mile, I got on the floor and did crunches, planks, and other things to work my abs, chest, back and arms. That took 22 minutes.

This is so sustainable! I am so blessed. I hope those of you who are on this road with me will post here on a regular basis so I won't be all by my lonesome. Though I really don't feel alone cause I'm not on a diet! Woohooo!
HI Cheryl! I'm still here--just not doing No S quite yet but believe me, I'm counting down the weeks until I can! I've been over on the No S message boards on Rheinharts site reading as much as I can from all the wise souls there Good for you for continuing your working out! I need a good kick in the butt as soon as I hit P3 to start walking again (or as Rheihndart calls it--being an Urban Ranger
Old 07-25-2012, 03:21 PM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
hey, girls!

i too will be back here.

love to read how happy you are, cheryl!
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:31 PM   #134
Big Yapper!

There you are! Glad you are hanging around, even though you aren't on the plan just yet. Nicole, is that the "nosdiet.com" site? I have gone there but I guess I need to go back and see the message boards you are speaking of. I ordered the book through Amazon but just got the email saying it was mailed yesterday. Might take a while to get here. I haven't checked the mail yet today but I guess it could come by the weekend.

Dazy, I really am happy! I feel ready to put in the effort (exercise) and time required to just get my weight down naturally. It takes all the pressure off and removes any desire to weigh frequently, which is also freeing. I can't tell you how many days were tainted by a bad number on the scale. (Bad meaning the same as yesterday.) Now I am looking for a downward trend once a week.

I know that if I follow this plan that I will not only lose the weight, it will be for the last time in my life. I won't have to struggle with learning how to eat real foods in the real world because I'll have been practicing all these months! It makes so much sense to me and I'm so thankful that I'm finally in a place inside of me that can see it and adapt to it.

Going over to check out those message boards now. Thanks for the shout-out! Looking forward to having you join us. Don't worry! It won't be long and you'll be as happy as I am.

Last edited by CherylB; 07-25-2012 at 03:36 PM..
Old 07-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
There you are! Glad you are hanging around, even though you aren't on the plan just yet. Nicole, is that the "nosdiet.com" site? I have gone there but I guess I need to go back and see the message boards you are speaking of. I ordered the book through Amazon but just got the email saying it was mailed yesterday. Might take a while to get here. I haven't checked the mail yet today but I guess it could come by the weekend.

Dazy, I really am happy! I feel ready to put in the effort (exercise) and time required to just get my weight down naturally. It takes all the pressure off and removes any desire to weigh frequently, which is also freeing. I can't tell you how many days were tainted by a bad number on the scale. (Bad meaning the same as yesterday.) Now I am looking for a downward trend once a week.

I know that if I follow this plan that I will not only lose the weight, it will be for the last time in my life. I won't have to struggle with learning how to eat real foods in the real world because I'll have been practicing all these months! It makes so much sense to me and I'm so thankful that I'm finally in a place inside of me that can see it and adapt to it.

Going over to check out those message boards now. Thanks for the shout-out! Looking forward to having you join us. Don't worry! It won't be long and you'll be as happy as I am.
I believe it's the first tab at the top of the page all the way on the left entitled "Discuss". See you there
Old 07-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #136
Big Yapper!

I found it! Thanks, Nicole. I don't see a good search tool and I got tired of looking page by page so I decided to post my first question. I'm CherylB over there, too. I want to know if I'm messing up by drinking iced coffees with cream throughout the day. I kind of feel that the purists would call that a snack but if it won't harm my progress, I'd like to keep doing it.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Girls!
I'm here!! I'm being my typical weird self. I'm doing No S - Fat Fast style now. Trying to get back into my 120s, so I can relax back into regular No S.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:39 PM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: leisha
Stats: 210/195/155
WOE: Weight Watchers 360
Start Date: May 2014 this round!
Quote:
I hope to God that this plan helps me because I just have to find something that doesn't feel like dieting and deprivation, and something that can be lived indefinitely. I'm so over diets and I can't seem to stick to a single plan that I once was able to totally ROCK in the past. I just don't have the mental mojo to do it once more.
This is so where I am right now.......... I have lost all of my desire, will power, self-control......not exercising, eating out of control...feeling awful all of the time..... I'm totally disgusted with myself right now and I see this as my last resort. Thank you all for sharing.

Last edited by leisha; 07-25-2012 at 07:42 PM..
leisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome Leisha! Please join us.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: leisha
Stats: 210/195/155
WOE: Weight Watchers 360
Start Date: May 2014 this round!
Thanks Terri. I've been reading his site and if grazing and snacking is a problem then I know what mine is! I hardly ever eat a meal during the day....just constant snacking throughout the day.....cheese, almonds, greek yogurt, oatmeal, pretty "healthy stuff" and often a pretty big dinner way too late. I've just decided what and when I'm having breakfast, then actually plan and take a lunch to work and then eat dinner earlier.

I've got a real good feeling about this!
leisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #141
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leisha View Post
This is so where I am right now.......... I have lost all of my desire, will power, self-control......not exercising, eating out of control...feeling awful all of the time..... I'm totally disgusted with myself right now and I see this as my last resort. Thank you all for sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leisha View Post
Thanks Terri. I've been reading his site and if grazing and snacking is a problem then I know what mine is! I hardly ever eat a meal during the day....just constant snacking throughout the day.....cheese, almonds, greek yogurt, oatmeal, pretty "healthy stuff" and often a pretty big dinner way too late. I've just decided what and when I'm having breakfast, then actually plan and take a lunch to work and then eat dinner earlier.

I've got a real good feeling about this!
Yea, Leisha!!! You're on the right road. It's all about being conscious and when we eat little things throughout the day, it's more of an unconscious thing. Eating deliberately is kind of how I see it. It makes a big difference in how we see food, and when we can eat normal food as well? I'm telling ya! This is living.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Way to go Leisha! You'll be amazed to realize how much less you eat by having actual meals. This just makes so much sense, and it's so freeing. Wishing you the best of luck.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:47 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/145.8/135 (5'5', 61 yy)
WOE: 800 cals.
Start Date: 12/11/14
Leisha!
Good Morning everyone! I am still here, but kind of derailed from the WOE. Nothing too drastic~having a dessert with my meal that I shouldn't haveI'm back on track starting today!
Hope everyone has a great day!
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:04 PM   #144
Big Yapper!

Joanne, I've been having more trouble this second week than I had in the first, too. I think taking the S days so freely is what got me off-track from the basic premise of eating meals. And then I always have obligations on Mondays and Tuesdays that keep me busy from 3-7 pm and that, combined with the fact that I'm an insomniac and up most of the night and sleeping until around noon, doesn't help. I don't like to eat first thing when I get up, so on "barn days", I don't eat until I get home. That's close to 8 pm. Then my meals are too scrunched together.

But this week, I'm messing up in other ways, too. But the thing is, we know what it feels and looks like when we get it right, and we instinctively can see when we are missing the mark. And each day begins fresh and we start over with the wisdom we gained from the day before!

And since this isn't a "diet" in the true sense of the word, we never have to feel like we totally blew-it. We just learn and move forward. I personally think when my book arrives in the mail, it will help me a great deal to read it. It will cement the principals in my head and answer some of the questions I've been having. One question I had is something I posted on the bulletin board on the no s diet website. I asked if it was considered a snack to drink iced coffees with half and half throughout the day. It was said to be okay and that made me very happy.

So today I go back to the meal on a plate idea, and I will put an assortment of food on it so I get the feeling like I ate a full, satisfying meal. I think that really has a strong psychological impact and makes a major difference in how we view what we ate. I've been leaning more toward sandwiches and yesterday I made a mexican dish of my own creation using things I had defrosted that were going to spoil if I didn't use them soon. I ate that in a bowl and maybe that was the wrong thing to do. It just didn't feel the same as a meal on a plate.

I know we're all different but I'm just speaking of my own experiences so it might help others figure out what works for them, too. Today I eat on a plate, and I won't wait too late in the day to begin eating. It's 2 pm right now and I'm going to go eat "breakfast." (I slept until noon.)
Old 07-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #145
Big Yapper!

Ladies, I had an epiphany a few moments ago. I was eating a fried egg and bacon sandwich (on a plate) and it struck me. I'm not eating at the table! I haven't been eating at the table since last Friday! That is my problem and now I know what to do. No more eating anywhere but at the table.

That was easy, huh?!
Old 07-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #146
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rachelocity
WOE: Fitbit/My Fitness Pal
Start Date: Every day I'm shuffling
Still here, although I've been the quiet one in the corner for a few days. I'm absolutely loving the No S plan. I started an accountability thread on the No S site that features what I am calling an Anti-Journal - IOW, listing the foods that I didn't eat as a snack. Man, that stuff adds up!!

Happily, the droning of numbers in my head from years of counting WW points is starting to subside. I also enjoyed wonderful S-laden dinners on Saturday and Sunday. Best of all, Monday came without any regrets, triggers, or binges. I love the idea of tracking behaviour instead of ounces of chicken and if I never weigh another baked potato again, my world will still continue to turn.

ETA that the idea of eating food from a plate adds legitimacy to it - it's the difference between a committed relationship and one that you have to keep under wraps. It's okay to eat whatever I want, as long as it's properly presented. No back-alley snacks for this chick any more!!!

Last edited by Rachelocity; 07-26-2012 at 01:25 PM..
Rachelocity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #147
Big Yapper!

Well-said, Rachel.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:48 PM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelocity View Post
Still here, although I've been the quiet one in the corner for a few days. I'm absolutely loving the No S plan. I started an accountability thread on the No S site that features what I am calling an Anti-Journal - IOW, listing the foods that I didn't eat as a snack. Man, that stuff adds up!!

Happily, the droning of numbers in my head from years of counting WW points is starting to subside. I also enjoyed wonderful S-laden dinners on Saturday and Sunday. Best of all, Monday came without any regrets, triggers, or binges. I love the idea of tracking behaviour instead of ounces of chicken and if I never weigh another baked potato again, my world will still continue to turn.

ETA that the idea of eating food from a plate adds legitimacy to it - it's the difference between a committed relationship and one that you have to keep under wraps. It's okay to eat whatever I want, as long as it's properly presented. No back-alley snacks for this chick any more!!!
So I've been wondering how much most people take advantage of their S days. I'm envisioning only "splurging" on one meal on each of those days since I just can't imagine me eating whatever I want, three meals, twice a weekend and NOT gaining. So did you only really splurge on dinner on Sat and Sundays or did you do more "splurging" too?
Old 07-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #149
Big Yapper!

I think the beauty of this is that we can choose how to do our S day when it arrives. If we want to do it without any splurges, we can. If we want to have a late night naughty snack, we can. If it's a special day like a wedding or a major holiday, we can go all out and enjoy it. We don't have to make rules that we stick to like that. We can LIVE! And make rational choices based on the situations we are faced with that particular S day.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #150
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rachelocity
WOE: Fitbit/My Fitness Pal
Start Date: Every day I'm shuffling
Quote:
So I've been wondering how much most people take advantage of their S days. I'm envisioning only "splurging" on one meal on each of those days since I just can't imagine me eating whatever I want, three meals, twice a weekend and NOT gaining. So did you only really splurge on dinner on Sat and Sundays or did you do more "splurging" too?
It really wasn't as "splurgy" as I thought it would be. Bear in mind that I sat down with a jar of PB and a spoon on the weekend I loaded for HCG, and finished the jar. (I don't know whether I'm proud of this or not..... I could have a second career as a competitive eater, I guess!) So for me to go to DQ twice with my family and not have anything except a few spoonsful of my niece's Blizzard the first night and absolutely nothing the second night except for a Diet 7Up was kind of weird. This was because I actually listened to what I wanted from within, as opposed to what a food list said I could or couldn't have, or what the rest of my family was eating.

This WOL puts the focus on my own wants and priorities. It also gives me accountability for my actions. I don't have to sit, feeling deprived, while everyone enjoys their meal and I eat a plate of pallid, slightly rusty iceberg doused in commercial Italian dressing. Conversely, if I'm not in the mood for something, I don't have to have it even if everyone else is chowing down. I've resigned from the Clean Plate Club!!

This is a way of life that has the underlying assumption that you are an adult. Which is very liberating because adults don't have the impetus to rebel. Instead, they take steps to change what's bothering them.

I'm giving this a good, solid Kardashian trial period and at the end of the 72 days (hee!) I'll reassess.
Rachelocity is online now   Reply With Quote