Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #91
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Terri and Dazy, I'm sorry you are both having up-tics on the scale and other things like ulcers, etc. I used to get those fever blisters in my mouth when I did hhcg pellets. I had to take the l-lysine, too. Not sure if it really helped, though.

I weighed today as well, though Saturday mornings are my official weigh-in days (cause of 5 non-S days. Makes sense to me.) I took a full dose of milk of mag at bedtime last night and it's just now starting to kick-in. I weighed after Bernice's first visit and I am down from yesterday but I'm still in the 90's. So sad.

Suzi, you're so close to your goal! So happy for you. What a long ride it's been for you. I hope someday I can be where you are. This plan is great! But those of us who are trying to lose more weight are finding that we need to make certain adjustments to make it work. Maybe because we are chronic dieters and our bodies know how to resist all attempts to lose fat.

Using a plate to signify a meal is just a guideline. A single serving of something is your meal. I mean, if we were eating a meal of meat, potato and salad, the salad could be in a bowl beside the plate. It's just "no seconds" and keeping things to what you might imagine a naturally skinny person would eat. We as Americans have trouble knowing what a single portion really is.

I hope we all have a nice Friday today and a very sensible but satisfying couple of S days. I know for me, I will have to implement that "sometimes on S days" factor and really live by that. I can't approach S days as free-for-alls. Plus each Monday would be shocking, trying to get my mind back into the game.

What I meant by "making adjustments to make the plan work", I was speaking for myself. I have noticed that I'm using quite a bit of butter and mayo when eating things like sandwiches, baked potatoes and corn on the cobb. So last night for dinner, I made my left-over meatloaf directly on the plate with no bread (and no need for mayo) and for my nuked potato, I used zero calorie (yeah, right) butter spray instead of real butter. I've learned to really like that stuff.

I have a question for you other No S ladies. I was thinking that I shouldn't take in a single calorie between meals but I've been drinking iced coffees with about 1 oz of cream and ez sweetz in it. One oz of half and half is about 40 calories. Would you consider that a snack? Should I try to drink mainly water between meals and leave the iced coffee for mealtimes? I hope you say "keep on truckin'."
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/141.8/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzi7 View Post
I have been reading this thread since it started. what can I say? IT MAKES SENSE.

I am seriously considering this once I am thru with this round.... this sounds like my live-it (like you say its not a diet!) I know that once I get down within breathing distance of my goal, I will be moving to the NEXT struggle... to KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF. to learn how to eat normally for my weight (and to lose that last ??? pounds post-Hcg. No-S makes so much sense that I'm just shocked no one thought of it YEARS ago.... (but wait, how would all those diet product companies make money if this works?

One question I have that I am hoping someone can answer for me though. I am a vegetarian (lacto-ova) and use protein shakes a lot (both on Hcg and irl). How do I put a shake on my plate? lol (I assume I can just substitute it for whatever "space" the meat and fruit (if I use that) would take up?) I know, I know... I'm overthinking this. I do that. lol

gonna keep reading here... this is powerful good stuff!
Hi Suzi,
I'm finding a great maintenance tool, but maybe because I am getting close to goal and a chronic dieter like Cheryl says below, not the best weight loss tool. I may need something else to get the last few off and then I'll head back here in a heartbeat to maintain.

As far as the shakes go, I tell you what he says about soup (I think it relates well). If the soup in hearty, add a piece of bread and call it a meal. If it's a light soup leave a large portion of your plate unfilled to compensate. I would just call it your meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Terri and Dazy, I'm sorry you are both having up-tics on the scale and other things like ulcers, etc. I used to get those fever blisters in my mouth when I did hhcg pellets. I had to take the l-lysine, too. Not sure if it really helped, though.

I weighed today as well, though Saturday mornings are my official weigh-in days (cause of 5 non-S days. Makes sense to me.) I took a full dose of milk of mag at bedtime last night and it's just now starting to kick-in. I weighed after Bernice's first visit and I am down from yesterday but I'm still in the 90's. So sad.

Suzi, you're so close to your goal! So happy for you. What a long ride it's been for you. I hope someday I can be where you are. This plan is great! But those of us who are trying to lose more weight are finding that we need to make certain adjustments to make it work. Maybe because we are chronic dieters and our bodies know how to resist all attempts to lose fat.

Using a plate to signify a meal is just a guideline. A single serving of something is your meal. I mean, if we were eating a meal of meat, potato and salad, the salad could be in a bowl beside the plate. It's just "no seconds" and keeping things to what you might imagine a naturally skinny person would eat. We as Americans have trouble knowing what a single portion really is.

I hope we all have a nice Friday today and a very sensible but satisfying couple of S days. I know for me, I will have to implement that "sometimes on S days" factor and really live by that. I can't approach S days as free-for-alls. Plus each Monday would be shocking, trying to get my mind back into the game.

What I meant by "making adjustments to make the plan work", I was speaking for myself. I have noticed that I'm using quite a bit of butter and mayo when eating things like sandwiches, baked potatoes and corn on the cobb. So last night for dinner, I made my left-over meatloaf directly on the plate with no bread (and no need for mayo) and for my nuked potato, I used zero calorie (yeah, right) butter spray instead of real butter. I've learned to really like that stuff.

I have a question for you other No S ladies. I was thinking that I shouldn't take in a single calorie between meals but I've been drinking iced coffees with about 1 oz of cream and ez sweetz in it. One oz of half and half is about 40 calories. Would you consider that a snack? Should I try to drink mainly water between meals and leave the iced coffee for mealtimes? I hope you say "keep on truckin'."
I agree with every thing you've said about the adjustments. Look how much you're learning about yourself is such a short period of time.

I drink my coffee in the morning with HWC. I think if you drank the iced tea with ½ & ½ all day long that might be an issue, but the way you’re doing it I’d say keep on truckin’ baby.
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #93
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Terri. But I do sort of drink them all day long. That's what made me think about this maybe being a problem. I'll try to cut them back to mealtimes.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks, Terri. But I do sort of drink them all day long. That's what made me think about this maybe being a problem. I'll try to cut them back to mealtimes.
Oh I misunderstood. I thought you did E-Z Sweets all day but just one a day with 1/2 & 1/2. Yeah I think all day could bite your butt.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
so out of curiosity i weighed at 4 when i was changing to go tonight. i was down 2 lbs from this morning. still higher than last friday but tells me the majority of the 5 is water as i still feel poofy.
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stick pin anyone? Plus your inflammation is probably receding. Even better!!

I'm leaning toward a P2. I talked to DH this morning and he's leaning toward Fat Flush. So dueling diets tonight on Late Night, stay tuned.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #97
Big Yapper!

Hey, ladies. I'm on the cusp of my first S day and I wanted to ask you how you do them. I could use some pointers. Do you just act like it's an N day and just allow a treat here or there? I think if I look at the weekends as "anything goes," I'm going to run into trouble. Not to mention undoing the good I did during the week.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #98
Big Yapper!

So Terri, you're going to stop No S'ing for now? On page 4 of our new thread? Bummer! I know you'll be back, though.

I ordered the paperback of the No S Diet book on Amazon. It was only $4 including shipping and it was in "like new" condition. We shall see. I've read what I can get in excerpts of the book on Amazon but I just want to read the whole thing. I like it and I want to be totally "infused."

I seem to be doing better each and every day and I already see that food is losing (slowly, mind you) its grip and hold over me. If I just stay true to the 3 basic rules of this plan, it changes my whole relationship with food.

Welp, I'll hold down this fort while you are playing on P2! I hope you get the results you are looking for. It won't take long and you'll be back on No S for sure.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Do you just act like it's an N day and just allow a treat here or there?
I think this just makes more sense and that's what this is all about, common sense.

I haven't completely decided but I am admittedly leaning toward P2. I kind of panicked feeling like I might lose my size altogether. If I do put No S on hold it will be totally temporary. And when I come back I will try to exercise a little more of that common sense.

But I'll still hang around for tips on how to do this the best way when I come back. You are doing so well, I'm very proud of you!!
Old 07-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #100
Big Yapper!

Thanks! I feel like I'm being set free. The weight loss won't be fast, but for the first time since I began this journey back in October of 2009, it will be permanent weight loss. And I will never have to pack food to family get-togethers or appear to be on a stringent diet when out with people EVER AGAIN. That is priceless to me.

So priceless that I really am going to build daily exercise into my schedule. I need to ramp things up and I realize that diet can only take you part of the way to true fitness and wellness. So, as much as I dread it, I will do it and look forward to the day when it is something I crave.

Goodnight, ladies! Happy S days!!
Old 07-21-2012, 09:20 AM   #101
Big Yapper!

Good afternoon, ladies! It's my first S day and I had planned to enjoy it, but when I woke up, all I really wanted was an iced coffee. I don't feel the urgency I thought I would feel when faced with two days of being free to eat and drink anything I wanted without exception. Suddenly the pressure's off! I feel so free. I feel liberated!

And to top it all off, it's absolutely GORGEOUS here in CT today. 75 degrees, sunny, low humidity, gentle breezes and chirping birdies at the feeders on my porch. Only thing I don't hear is my chimes singing in the breeze.

I will head out to the store later on but mostly just for some light beer and some more rolls for sandwiches. I think I'm going to skip the ice cream, flavored mini rice cakes and pie I was dreaming about having. I don't feel the need. Isn't that amazing?!?

I weighed this morning for my weekly weigh-in and I'm 190.8. It's all downhill from here. There will be no more yo-yoing up and down the scale for me. Who knew sanity could be so simple?
Old 07-21-2012, 09:33 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/142.2/135 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: 1200 cals
Start Date: 7/27/14
Good Morning All!

I'm loving this WOE, too! And, like you Cheryl, on the "sometimes" days when you can have a treat, there's not a huge desire to indulge.

I had some dessert yesterday (caramel cheese cake---couldn't resist) so won't be having any sweets this weekend.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Joannew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:23 AM   #103
Big Yapper!

Hey, Joanne! How long have you been doing this? I'd love to hear your story. I wish I had as little to lose as you do, but I'm just glad to finally be on the road to sanity.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzi7
Stats: 265/165 rd3p2/goal this round 140
WOE: vegetarian/organic/hHcg rogue, No-S for Life
Start Date: 5/11/12
I am sitting here soooo wishing that Hcg had "sick" days. lol.... it is so hard to be dog-sick and have to "simeon's" it... ugh. I'll struggle thru, but I am so looking forward to No S....
suzi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Nicole T
Stats: 193/189/170
WOE: hCG/Paleo
Start Date: 10/7/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzi7 View Post
I am sitting here soooo wishing that Hcg had "sick" days. lol.... it is so hard to be dog-sick and have to "simeon's" it... ugh. I'll struggle thru, but I am so looking forward to No S....
When I'm sick on P2 I always eat scrambled eggs--its the only thing I can stomach! I do 2 eggs and 2 egg whites. Sometimes I add some zucchini but most of the time just the eggs. Hope you feel better soon!
Nicole T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/142.2/135 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: 1200 cals
Start Date: 7/27/14
Quote:
Hey, Joanne! How long have you been doing this? I'd love to hear your story. I wish I had as little to lose as you do, but I'm just glad to finally be on the road to sanity.
Hi Cheryl! I just started on Tuesday (7/17) and decided to commit to 1 month. Before that, my brain was going around and around trying to decide what diet to try next! Then I saw this WOE (not calling it a diet because it is going to be my permanent way of eating! (stole that from someone on here!) and it was like a light bulb went off! It is simple, and I NEED simple in my complicated life!

Suzi~sorry to hear that you are ill...hope you feel better soon!
Joannew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #107
Big Yapper!

Suzi, I'm so sorry you're feeling under the weather. I hope it's something that comes and goes quickly. P2'ing when ill is definitely a bummer. Maybe you can make a nice soothing soup using chicken broth and your daily dose of meat. If you're stuffed-up nasally, I find that chicken soup with a few dashes of Tabasco sauce does the trick.

Joanne, I think you stole that from me! Steal away, woman. It's so true, though. It's not the slightest bit like a diet. It takes us back to when we were kids or our parents were kids, when mealtime was when families sat down together at the table and talked about their day. Food had its place and it didn't spill out all over into every other area of our lives.

I started just the day before you did! So cool to have company on this journey. I didn't weigh until a few days into the plan but I must have weighed about 192 on Monday. Today I'm down a bit to 190.8. I'm on my way!
Old 07-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cheryl, good job, away you go! Isn’t it crazy all the craving begins to back off when you’re set free?

Sorry you’re not feeling well Suzi Hope you feel better soon! Definitely go for the chicken soup! Even just chicken broth.

I agree Joanne how wonderful simple is. That’s what drew me to No S in the first place. I was just so sick of spending so much time, effort and frustration with “dieting”

This morning I was still in a flux as to what to do. HCG, Atkins, Fat Flush, etc. First thing I did was weight in. Big surprise, after having nuts and chocolate chips for a snack and a low carb quesadilla for dinner yesterday, I was down 1.6 (.20 below last Friday). So number one conclusion No S – low carb”ish” totally works for me for at least maintenance, maybe even weight loss. I was panicking because my clothes were getting tight and the weight was heading up. Today aside from being down on the scale, my clothes feel better too. I just finished TOM, maybe that was having more of an effect than it typically does. Usually I have a harder time the week before. So I don’t know if I’m really going to change much this week and just see how it goes. It’s seems like every time I start to move away from No S it draws me back. The lifestyle alone is just so great.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:37 PM   #109
Big Yapper!

That's great!!! Welcome home again, Terri. We aren't looking for quick fixes cause the quicker they come off of us, the quicker they can come back on. Stay the course, honey. You'll be glad you did.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WillBeSkinnyMom
Stats: 157/138/125
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: LC 6/4/12 JUDDD 7/18/12
Interesting thread! Wanted to subscribe
WillBeSkinnyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Just been over at the No S Diet message boards and reading through his site and I LOVE what he has to say. I have to be honest and say that I'm still worried it won't be enough for me since I kinda already follow some of the rules in my everyday eating (I dont snack--leftover from my Leptin days), I don't eat sugar and I don't usually get second helpings.

But hey, I'm willing to give it a go once I hit P3 and P4
Old 07-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
That's great!!! Welcome home again, Terri. We aren't looking for quick fixes cause the quicker they come off of us, the quicker they can come back on. Stay the course, honey. You'll be glad you did.
[click] [click] [click] There’s no place like home! There’s no place like home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole T View Post
Just been over at the No S Diet message boards and reading through his site and I LOVE what he has to say. I have to be honest and say that I'm still worried it won't be enough for me since I kinda already follow some of the rules in my everyday eating (I dont snack--leftover from my Leptin days), I don't eat sugar and I don't usually get second helpings.

But hey, I'm willing to give it a go once I hit P3 and P4
What's the worst that can happen? You stabilize?
Old 07-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #113
Big Yapper!

Very cute, Terri. Very cute. And yes, there is no place like home!

Sleep tight, all you little munchkins! I'm off to la-la land myself soon. S day ended up being quite the party for one. Tomorrow will be treated like an N day for sure.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:48 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

I know he cautions against doing too many modifications BUT...I'm thinking that if I did this, I would more than likely do 1 S MEAL on each S day instead of doing it at all 3 meals (and I would likely not snack on those days either since I'm not a snacker anyway).

I honestly just feel like doing 3 S meals on Saturday and Sundays would put me over the edge when it comes to weight since my body seems to be SO sensitive anyway.

Thoughts?
Old 07-22-2012, 08:18 AM   #115
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LowCarbRachel
Stats: size 10/size 6-8/size 6
WOE: Gluten Free/Grain Free
Start Date: January 2013
Hi Nicole, you don't have to splurge on an S day. You can skip seconds, snacks, and sweets every day if you want.

If you want to have a piece of desert with your dinner on Saturday or if you want to go back and have another helping of pizza on Sunday...then those are options that you *have*...but you don't have to exercise them.
LowCarbRachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbRachel View Post
Hi Nicole, you don't have to splurge on an S day. You can skip seconds, snacks, and sweets every day if you want.

If you want to have a piece of desert with your dinner on Saturday or if you want to go back and have another helping of pizza on Sunday...then those are options that you *have*...but you don't have to exercise them.
Thanks Rachel! That's kinda what I was thinking. I can't imagine doing all three things snacking, seconds and sugar for both Saturday and Sunday...I think I'd be up 10 lbs come Monday LOL

I think my special S might be more like nachos on a Saturday night as an appetizer along with my dinner since dessert really never tempts me all that much. I'm much more of a "salty" girl as opposed to a "sweet" girl.

I'm also going to still follow low-carb during the week even though we can have "whatever" on our one plate.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #117
Big Yapper!

I think that's the beauty of this plan, Nicole. It sets the guidelines for us and then we adapt it in however many ways we need to in order to make it work for us. He came up with this plan to make it fit himself, then he decided to share the good news with the world.

I did my first S day yesterday. I had intended to really go and enjoy it, no holds bared. I woke feeling like I didn't need to do all that and it really surprised and delighted me, but then later on when I went out to buy some beer, I also stopped at the store to buy more rolls for sandwiches. Being in the store got me to buy a few more things I had thought of eating on my S days and I bought a pie with a can of whipped cream. Well, I ate 3/4 of the pie throughout the day. I didn't eat meals, I went back to how I normally would have eaten (ie mindlessly munching.)

It really showed me the contrast between what makes a NonS Day different from an S day (if done like I did mine, which I wouldn't recommend to anyone!) It's all a matter of "focus" and eating deliberately rather than mindlessly. It's just that simple (at least for me.) So today I will stay focused (but still eat that last slice of pie.)

What's really beautiful about this plan is that there is no judgement or condemnation. No "I cheated and now it's all ruined." You ate too much on your S day? Learn from it and apply what you learned to your next one. It's like life! You live and learn.

So, needless to say, this S day will be much more low-key. I will still eat the last piece of pie but I will eat things in the context of a meal. Yesterday was not like that at all.

Have fun!!! And be true to your plan, whatever that happens to be at the moment.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have learned a lot on this journey as well. Mainly how much I eat just because. One thing that he says that I particularly like is that you can have 3/4 of a pie if you want, but you can't do it and not know what you're doing. And we are just proving his point. You didn't cheat, have no reason to feel guilty, but you learned a lot.

I made my brownies yesterday and ate 1/3 of the pan in lieu of lunch and I was miserable the rest of the day. Stuffed and heartburn. Yeah it was tasty but so not worth how it made me feel. I found myself wondering why I wanted them so much. But at least I was smart enough to put the remainder in the freezer or yes, I would have done it again. And I don't feel the least bit guilty, even though I've been doing low carb, and I ate less than I would have in the old days of guilt and promises, but I do feel a little silly.

I'm doing low-carb the rest of the week too Nicole. I'm refining it more to have just what I really want rather than a free for all. What I think I'm really learning is what I really want and what I thought I wanted, just because it's been previously off limits, are two different things.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #119
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LowCarbRachel
Stats: size 10/size 6-8/size 6
WOE: Gluten Free/Grain Free
Start Date: January 2013
Sometimes having the freedom to eat whatever you want takes the "charge" off "forbidden" foods and makes you not want them anymore.

I am doing intermittent fasting, where I eat in a 6-8 window each day, and sometimes, I have no clue what I want for dinner, even though I have given myself permission to eat whatever I want for that meal each day.
LowCarbRachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:54 PM   #120
Big Yapper!

I am very happy to report that I got on the treadmill and did what I set out to do. I walked for just under an hour and did 3 miles, plus a few minutes cool-down at the end. I had a fan turned on high and placed directly in front of me, but after a while, I was so sweaty that it just wasn't enough. I was mentally making notes so that the next time will be better.

I will keep the window closed in that room in the future, and turn the air conditioner on full blast for 10-15 minutes before I get on it. And I will have more than just a paper towel to deal with the sweating. A hand towel that has been wet with cold water and rung out will be there to place around my neck and do the dabbing with. Also, I need to do something about foot comfort because I noticed pain and irritation to my right great toe, and then later on I noticed more to my outer right toes. I guess the shoes I wore are just too new. I kicked them off as soon as I hit the 3-mile mark and did my cool-down in stocking feet.

I did bring enough to drink, though. One ice coffee and one bottle of cold water. That I will repeat.

So after that, I took a very satisfying shower, then I put my dog on the treadmill for her walk. She was trying to get on it even as I was walking and I had to keep telling her "no." Cutie pie! So she did a half hour and covered a full mile. She wasn't acting like she wanted to get off and I stayed in the room with her the whole time.

So she and I are going to be getting fit together. My goal is to do 3 miles on the treadmill every day of the week except the two days that I work as a volunteer at an equine therapy center, and I'll have to add in an exception for days where I have something special going on. This coming Saturday will be one of those types of days. It's a fundraiser for the equine therapy center and I'll be there most of the day.

I'm so glad I finally got off my lazy arse and walked!!! Thank you, Lord. It's not about motivation as much as it is about determination.