Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 08:27 AM   #61
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Thanks everyone. After my doctor’s appt I already had an appointment for a manicure and pedicure. So what did I do when I got home? Went out in the yard and worked out my frustrations. Now I’ll spend the rest of the night getting the dirt out of my nails. Oh well at least I got my exercise in.
Oops! Wouldn't want to see those nails now! But I'm glad you opted for a healthy mental health experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
subbing to see how everything goes with this eating plan.

Terri That is scary, but as Cheryl says it usually turns out fine. Putting this on my prayer list for you.
Hey, Plum!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacie View Post
I've been reading the posts and like other posters I'm tired of counting anything. I've joined WW too many times to count, lost weight, but got sick of counting points, stopped going, and gained the weight back. I never obsess about food until I'm on a weight loss program. I just want to eat normal at this point.
Then you've come to the right place, Lacie. We're all in the same boat. No S doesn't feel like a diet at all. It's more like a "life bootcamp."
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2012, 08:40 AM   #62
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelocity View Post
So I made it thru Day 1 of No S. I realized how much night eating I actually did, which was easy to see when I wasn't doing it! I decided to add a formal mini-meal at night, consisting of a fruit and a serving of dairy on non-S days. This could be a smoothie in the summer or a glass of milk and an apple in the winter. I have a hard time getting in enough dairy, and I have a family history of osteoporosis, so by adding this new habit instead of my usual huge bowl of popcorn and a Coke Zero, this will be health-supporting. I am determined to develop healthy habits, including moderation.
I hear that! I'm the same way. I can go most of the day without eating anything solid but night time is the right time. It's good that you are using one of your meals for late night. I do the same thing. And here-here to "developing healthy habits, including moderation"

Quote:
Good Morning All!
Thanks for all the support and encouraging stories. Just like the weight loss struggle. You think you're all alone in this and it's only you with the issues until you share. back to you all.

One thing this plan really brought home to me was how much mindless eating I did. Once you see that, it’s like no wonder I've been having a hard time losing. I'm very anxious for Friday's weigh in. I think it will help me through the dinner date with my sister tonight. We’re having take out from my very favorite Italian joint. I already went for the Shrimp Caesar but she’s a big desert lover and I'm afraid of what is lurking. I've been practicing my best "I'm so stuffed, I couldn't possibly"
I know what you mean, Terri. When you eat purposefully, it shows you how many times you haven't eaten that way in the past. This plan is doing me some major good in those regards. Now I just hope I can lose weight on it! Otherwise, I'm just learning how to maintain. If I was a lot closer to goal, that would be very cool. But I've got to get down into the 60's again before I even consider maintaining for a while.

Practice that mantra! I'm sure you'll have it down in no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
So he went back to the OR at 8:45...dr came out at 9:15!! All is good. He said it went well.
I'm in total agreement with the other ladies. He's a very hunky kid. Look at those lips! I'll bet the girls find those appealing. Your hubby and you really do have the right gene pool for making children.

That was so fast! I can't believe he's already out of surgery. I'm so glad everything went well.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:44 AM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
He must reeeeaaaaalyy like those sleepy meds...he' still in recovery and the surgery was done an hour and a half ago and we haven't gotten to back and see him yet.

Yes the kids all have the genes for lips...hubby and I are both well endowed in that area.
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:46 AM   #64
Big Yapper!

As for me, I am doing great! I had mentioned this to Terri in a PM, before there ever was a NoS thread, but I decided to include another rule into the three already in existence in this plan. I have a hard time drinking just one or two beers so I came up with "No Suds." It's not working.

I decided to lighten-up and so I bought some light beer and I allow myself two with my evening meals. But last night I went back for two more. Even still, I know I'm doing great on this plan. And each day we get another chance to do it better than the day before! That is the best part of all.

It's another scorcher here today and I'm supposed to be attending a leadership class at the therapeutic riding center. I checked their website to see if they cancelled and they said they are monitoring the weather and will post whether it is cancelled by 1pm. I hope it is cancelled cause it's just miserable outside.

Have a fabulouso day, ladies!!!
Old 07-18-2012, 11:10 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 147/143/128
WOE: LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I know what you mean, Terri. When you eat purposefully, it shows you how many times you haven't eaten that way in the past. This plan is doing me some major good in those regards. Now I just hope I can lose weight on it! Otherwise, I'm just learning how to maintain. If I was a lot closer to goal, that would be very cool. But I've got to get down into the 60's again before I even consider maintaining for a while.
This is my biggie. I don't have that much to lose to be happy, so I don't mind it being slow if I can do it and enjoy life like I'm doing now. If I can lose. Otherwise I may need to keep this in my back pocket for a great maintenance lifestyle. But I have high hopes, especially since I got myself under control better.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

so we just ate out again...at a pizza buffet. i had one plate and among stuff on it there included 2 pieces of pizza...i ate the whole pieces, not just the tops felt totally fine with my one plate. second meal today will be lc.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #67
Big Yapper!

Quote:
This is my biggie. I don't have that much to lose to be happy, so I don't mind it being slow if I can do it and enjoy life like I'm doing now. If I can lose. Otherwise I may need to keep this in my back pocket for a great maintenance lifestyle. But I have high hopes, especially since I got myself under control better.
You will lose. I have no doubt about that. It will be the permanent, steady-as-a-rock losses, too. I have much to lose and I'm envying you just a tad.

Quote:
so we just ate out again...at a pizza buffet. i had one plate and among stuff on it there included 2 pieces of pizza...i ate the whole pieces, not just the tops felt totally fine with my one plate. second meal today will be lc.
Nice work, Dazy!

I just ate "breakfast" but I'm calling it lunch. I really wanted a tomato sandwich so that's what I made. With it, I ate a peach. OMG! These peaches are the best ever! They got so perfect over the few days they sat in my kitchen. Juicy! I bought more of them at the store today, as well as more tomatoes and rolls. This is living!

I notice that I am feeling a definite fullness toward the end of each meal so this is working just as it should be. I'm becoming NORMAL!! Everything has a beginning and an ending, why not eating? If we are eating too often, it's like a continual dribble (or tsunami) into our gut. No wonder we never know that we're full and don't need any more food.

Had a storm front blow through here today after they cancelled the leadership class with the horses. The temps dropped down from the mid to upper 90's to mid 70's!!! My kind of storm. So far we haven't gotten much rain out of it, but dramatic rumbles and occasional flashes of lightening. Bring on the rain! That way I won't have to water my plants.

Last edited by CherylB; 07-18-2012 at 12:33 PM..
Old 07-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #68
Big Yapper!

Dinner's in the oven and it's gunna taste great! Made a meatloaf and I used BREAD CRUMBS!!! And it's all LEGAL! I'm also baking a potato. I was considering also having an ear of corn but I know if I ate all that, I'll be uncomfortable. Will just eat the meat loaf and potato with a very large smile on my face and joy in my heart.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amazing how ordinary food is so exhilarating, huh? I think now that I have myself back under control I'm going to start phasing in healthy carbs a little at a time and try to get back to normal eating again. I'm going to stick with Low carb until Friday's weigh in though.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:14 PM   #70
Big Yapper!

I'm loving this plan, Terri. Hopefully I can lose eating these foods. Otherwise, I'm just going to be fat and happy.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

guess i'm just having one meal today. we ate at 12:30-1:00 at the pizza buffet. just now starting to have rumblings of starting to get hungry, but don't know that i want to eat this late. and since i'll going out for mexican tomorrow at 4:30-5:00 i may just call it a day with the one meal and then have a light lunch tomorrow. so some extra fasting i guess.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

a little more hungry...think i'll have a little something. should still get a good 17 hr fast before lunch tomorrow. (this is where i am combining IF with no-s)
Old 07-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ended up having a little smoked pork loin and a healthy serving of my fav natural PB. just enough.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay had my Shrimp Caesar, which was great and I decided to have a small piece of their bread, which is wonderful. Then it comes. She asked her DH to pick up a piece of their bakery cake that we could share. I hate bakery cake. But her sweet DH decided instead to get cheese cake because he thought that was something I could have. Well I didn't have the heart to tell him that regular cheese cake is full of sugar. So calling it an S day. I did however come home, throw on my workout clothes and do 30 minutes of Pilates - Arms, Legs, Butt & Abs. And I feel completely okay with the whole thing.

I'm with you Cheryl I really feel like I'm living here. If this works I will #1 be ecstatic & #2 wonder how it could be this easy and I've missed it all this time.

Great job you guys! How did everyone else do today?

So Carrie, what's the concept of IFs?
Old 07-18-2012, 11:18 PM   #75
Big Yapper!

Way to work those calories off, Terri! It's 0215 here and I'm still awake. I ate a fourth meal and it wasn't part of the plan. Every day I'm learning something else about how to recognize fullness and to gauge what will be enough food or too much. But tonight (or rather, this morning) I just ate out of a mental need to fill up the time with something.

I'm not going to count it as an S day, just learn from the experience and carry on. It's not about condemnation, it's just a learning process. Learning to eat like a normal person takes time! I'm not used to having just about anything under the sun at my beck and call.

I hope y'all are sound asleep. I'm about to try and make that happen here, post haste.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:56 AM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

great job on the evening out, terri....that's kinda how it was for me on tues.

IF -- intermittent fasting. basic premise is fasting 12-18-24 hrs, whichever works best for you, and then only eating in a certain window of 4-6-8 hrs, again whatever suits you best. loosely following this. with no-s and LC. having coffee with HWCC and coconut oil (ok to use pure fat during the fasting time) then will have a light lunch as i am having mexican for supper with a friend. sorta sad that my last meal before weigh0in morning will be restaurant food. hope my good day yesterday and eating leading up to supper tonight will help for a good weigh in. remember, i have been off my hhcg patch since monday, i think.

ella possibly broke her pinky finger yesterday. :/ she stayed with a friend tuesday night since we had to leave so early wednesday morning. they were playing gymnastics yesterday and she was doing a handstand and when she came down her knee hit her in her pinky right where her pinky and hand join. it's quite swollen, but doesn't seem to be debilitating to her. so will just keep an eye on it. sigh... life happen, huh? and kendall is sicker than a dog. been fighting it a couple days. as soon as we got home with kyle, he and i jumped in the car to go to a walk in clinic to see if needed antibiotics...on vacation so just loaded him up with nyquil last night so he could get a good night sleep. he went off to work this morning before 7, so i am hoping that means he feels some better anyway.

mr kyle is way too much like his daddy...he *supposed* to do very little till at least monday...it's killing him...pray he doesn't drop dead from sheer boredom. that would be tragic, huh...."what am i supposed to do, sit and be lazy for two days??" i finally let him shoot baskets, but no jumping...sigh...to have the energy of a 12, almost 13 yo boy -- WITH a broken nose, no less!! oy!

this is his nirvana...(3 days after he broke his nose)
Old 07-19-2012, 06:02 AM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Way to work those calories off, Terri! It's 0215 here and I'm still awake. I ate a fourth meal and it wasn't part of the plan. Every day I'm learning something else about how to recognize fullness and to gauge what will be enough food or too much. But tonight (or rather, this morning) I just ate out of a mental need to fill up the time with something.

I'm not going to count it as an S day, just learn from the experience and carry on. It's not about condemnation, it's just a learning process. Learning to eat like a normal person takes time! I'm not used to having just about anything under the sun at my beck and call.

I hope y'all are sound asleep. I'm about to try and make that happen here, post haste.
True that Cheryl! That exactly the path he's trying to get us to follow. Seeing it for what it is, is huge. Now is the time to plan on alternatives for next time you want to fill that space.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:24 AM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How do you keep up with them Bud? At least you don't have to worry about the couch potato game player syndrome Hope everyone heals up for the weekend!

My favorite LC Mexican meal is Carnitas and Salad with sour cream & guacamole.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:33 AM   #79
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rachelocity
WOE: Fitbit/My Fitness Pal
Start Date: Every day I'm shuffling
Quote:
Learning to eat like a normal person takes time!
I spent around half a century unlearning this skill (I'm 56 and have been a career dieter since I was 10!) So I am willing to devote the next few years to relearning what I instinctively knew.

Seriously, I think it will take the better part of 5 years to truly internalize all the profound lessons that this plan contains. For example, the concept of "having enough" can be approached from two angles. There's the feeling of confidence that there will be food available when I am ready to eat and that I don't have to binge to stock up for the upcoming famine. Then, there's the feeling of having eaten "enough", as opposed to restricting or overfeeding. When your motto has been "No crumb left behind", or "Good to the last molecule" for us boomers, it's a huge mindshift.

With all the discoveries I'm making, I should rename the plan "No S, Sherlock!" Who knew logic would be so darned... logical?

Kyle in motion - what an awesome pic! My DS was the King of Sports Injuries, to the point that he was on crutches for both his grade school and high school graduations. But you can't keep a good man (or woman in Ella's case!) down for long!!
Old 07-19-2012, 06:39 AM   #80
Big Yapper!

Carrie, that is so funny! Is Kyle the one who is airborne? I wish I could have retained that "play" mentality that we all have when we're kids. It's not "working out" to them, it's having fun!

I was awake all night long. It's 0930 now and I am still not sleepy. I hate when that happens. I am just so used to the OTC meds I take for sleep. It's like taking a placebo. I need to try something different and put the other stuff up on a shelf for now.

Nothing else to report as of right now. I'll be back later on. Have a splendid day. Carrie, I can't believe all the accidents and illnesses afflicting your family these days.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:42 AM   #81
Big Yapper!

Quote:
I spent around half a century unlearning this skill (I'm 56 and have been a career dieter since I was 10!) So I am willing to devote the next few years to relearning what I instinctively knew.

Seriously, I think it will take the better part of 5 years to truly internalize all the profound lessons that this plan contains. For example, the concept of "having enough" can be approached from two angles. There's the feeling of confidence that there will be food available when I am ready to eat and that I don't have to binge to stock up for the upcoming famine. Then, there's the feeling of having eaten "enough", as opposed to restricting or overfeeding. When your motto has been "No crumb left behind", or "Good to the last molecule" for us boomers, it's a huge mindshift.

With all the discoveries I'm making, I should rename the plan "No S, Sherlock!" Who knew logic would be so darned... logical?

Kyle in motion - what an awesome pic! My DS was the King of Sports Injuries, to the point that he was on crutches for both his grade school and high school graduations. But you can't keep a good man (or woman in Ella's case!) down for long!!
Old 07-19-2012, 07:13 AM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

"No S, Sherlock!" I'm hanging on to that one Rachel!

May the dawn rise on us all !!!

And the sun set for the day on you sweet Cheryl
Old 07-19-2012, 08:26 AM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yes, cheryl that would be kyle hanging in mid-air.

i know right? about all the incidents? but, life happens and we just have to deal as it comes. what else is there to do? we just do what we gotta do!

hope you can get some sleep, cheryl.

i think the 's' in no-s, sherlock can also mean something else... at least for me and the total of what normal eating is. (unless that's what you were getting at )
Old 07-19-2012, 08:30 AM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
i think the 's' in no-s, sherlock can also mean something else... at least for me and the total of what normal eating is. (unless that's what you were getting at )
I'm thinking it can mean different things at different times to different people, but basically all boil down to the same basic concept. I love it!
Old 07-19-2012, 08:45 AM   #85
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rachelocity
WOE: Fitbit/My Fitness Pal
Start Date: Every day I'm shuffling
Quote:
Yup, that's exactly what I was thinking! I used to eat normally (I think), but was socialized out of it, mostly by the diet industry which spent a good deal of energy telling me what I wanted to eat and what I mustn't ever eat so it could profit. So "normal" for me is not normal at all, and I have to create a new normal.
Rachelocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:05 PM   #86
Big Yapper!

Quote:
"No S, Sherlock!" I'm hanging on to that one Rachel!

May the dawn rise on us all !!!

And the sun set for the day on you sweet Cheryl
The sun did finally set for me and I got a good nap in. I guess it was about 4 hours. Enough to get me through the day! It's only 78 degrees outside so it was a cruddy day to sleep through. :/

Quote:
yes, cheryl that would be kyle hanging in mid-air.

i know right? about all the incidents? but, life happens and we just have to deal as it comes. what else is there to do? we just do what we gotta do!

hope you can get some sleep, cheryl.

You're right. All we can do is deal with whatever comes at us next. I just wish you and your lovely family could catch a break. You're long over-due.

Quote:
Yup, that's exactly what I was thinking! I used to eat normally (I think), but was socialized out of it, mostly by the diet industry which spent a good deal of energy telling me what I wanted to eat and what I mustn't ever eat so it could profit. So "normal" for me is not normal at all, and I have to create a new normal.
Amen to that, Honey!

I am learning with each day I do this. I ate off the grid (or rather off-plan) at times throughout the night. I just felt somehow I was exempt while sleepless. I decided to weigh myself after my nap and I didn't like what I saw. Weighing after very little sleep and after eating more than usual is not cool but I had to do it. I'll reweigh on Saturday morning before starting my S day.

I'm going to keep to the basic rules of the plan on S days unless there's something special going on or I happen to have something special in the house to eat (or drink.) I've come to the conclusion that corn on the cob needs to be classified as a "sweet" and kept only to weekends.

I also can see that the size of a traditional American dinner plate is too dang big! I don't heap the food on. There is plenty of room around the food, and yet I always tend to feel too full when the meal is over. I am going to use smaller plates.

And I'm going to do my very best to stick to my original plan of avoiding "Suds" until an S day comes along. If for no other reason but to save some money and cut back on calories 5 days a week. Beer is costing me a fortune lately. And oh how I hate the bottle returns!!

I just ate my first meal of the day: meatloaf sandwich on a kaiser roll, mayo, s/p, and an ear of corn with butter and salt. To drink, I had an iced coffee with some cream and ez sweetz. I have some deli turkey breast and I'm thinking of timing my second meal with my bedtime meds. Maybe the tryptophan will help me sleep.

I hope everyone is having a nice day! Can't wait to hear how your days are progressing, too.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:39 AM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ugh...what a horrible day to weigh. it's mid-cycle (i can feel the bloating...i always get horrible ovarian pain) and i ate mexican last night. this morning's weight is up 5lbs from last friday. i honestly have a hard time believing it's true weight gain. i have had better control this week than i have in a long time. will drink lots and eat light, if at all till evening...dh and i are going to the city tonight for 2 nights so obviously we'll be eating out a several times. will just be super mindful after this weekend till next weigh in. if next friday is less than desirable, i will put my patch on for most of aug. still want to lose for the cruise.

edited: hmmm...was just reading in the atkins/other plans thread and lynne was up 3 lbs overnight after taking ibuprofen...i have been taking 800mg of it every 6-8 hrs since wednesday night. i was struck with an oncoming cold sore (DON'T even get me started....THIS weekend of all weekends ) and have been taking 2000-3000mg of l-lysine every 2 hrs while awake and once in the middle of the night. so maybe the mid-cycle, the mexican, fighting a cold sore, AND lots of ibuprofen in the last 2 days is the culprit. let's hope so.... the good news is i think i stunted the cold sore from getting too full blown it's barely noticeable...i can feel it still but it didn't get huge and gross like some can.

Last edited by dazygyrl; 07-20-2012 at 05:51 AM..
Old 07-20-2012, 06:30 AM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Now I feel bad about whining and complaining all morning for being up 1.4. Although I had that little trip up at by sister's house with the small piece of cheese cake, everything else has been stellar, including exercise. I can't say as I'm surprised, I could feel it in my clothes yesterday. I am in mid-cycle as well, but I usually have more issues the week before. I'm not sure what I'm doing at this point.

I really wouldn't believe those 5# as true. You really have the perfect storm brewing there for a temp gain. The inflammation alone could do it, let alone all the other culprits. Don't let it encroach on your lovely weekend for one second!
Old 07-20-2012, 06:35 AM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks, bud....i hope you have a great day...sorry about your bump up. hope you get the clarity you need to decide what your next step will be.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:55 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzi7
Stats: 265/165 rd3p2/goal this round 140
WOE: vegetarian/organic/hHcg rogue, No-S for Life
Start Date: 5/11/12
I have been reading this thread since it started. what can I say? IT MAKES SENSE.

I am seriously considering this once I am thru with this round.... this sounds like my live-it (like you say its not a diet!) I know that once I get down within breathing distance of my goal, I will be moving to the NEXT struggle... to KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF. to learn how to eat normally for my weight (and to lose that last ??? pounds post-Hcg. No-S makes so much sense that I'm just shocked no one thought of it YEARS ago.... (but wait, how would all those diet product companies make money if this works?

One question I have that I am hoping someone can answer for me though. I am a vegetarian (lacto-ova) and use protein shakes a lot (both on Hcg and irl). How do I put a shake on my plate? lol (I assume I can just substitute it for whatever "space" the meat and fruit (if I use that) would take up?) I know, I know... I'm overthinking this. I do that. lol

gonna keep reading here... this is powerful good stuff!

R1P2: 5/13-6/19/12, 165/150(LDW)
R2P2: 7/16-8/14/12 forgetting this round ever happened. grr.
R3P2: 8/29-???, 162/152 VLCD9

Ultimate Goal: 125
suzi7 is offline   Reply With Quote