Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 08:43 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/138.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Yep whatever you want, except sweets. On S days you can break the rules, have a sweet treat, seconds or snacks whatever means the most to you, just be sensible and don't go hog wild.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2012, 04:42 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lacie
May I join you? I'm glad to see a thread on the No S Diet. I have the book at home. DH & I are on vacation at the moment and I was thinking about starting No S when we get home in a couple of days.
lacie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:51 AM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lacie, please join us! We're very happy to have the company and added perspective. Tell us about yourself.

Hope you have a great rest of your vacation!!
Old 07-17-2012, 06:37 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
morning, girls!

cheryl...i'm sticking with 2 meals a day too. so i'm slipping in IF in with no-s as well. shooting for 16-18 hr fast. the variable being when i have supper. i will always try and eat my second meal as early as possible, but like tonight...it won't be till after 7 so then my first meal tomorrow i will try and push back as long as possible. i will eat my two meals mostly LC and if i want higher carb only one of meals will be such. i will also vary my plate size depending on how the previous day's eating was. like today...eating out twice. tomorrow...eating out once...so will probably keep second meal tomorrow light....that's the *plan* anyway.
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:39 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You make me feel lazy
Old 07-17-2012, 07:41 AM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rachelocity
WOE: Fitbit/My Fitness Pal
Start Date: Every day I'm shuffling
I had never heard of this eating plan before today, but it seems so... sensible! I love Julia Child's famous quote, "Everything in moderation, including moderation", and it's perfectly compatible with this way of thinking. No overthinking required, or weekly meetings and added fees. It's cheap and easy (insert one-liner here!) and incredibly sustainable at first glance.

Most importantly, there aren't a plethora of rules, which tend to induce OCD-type thoughts in my poor little cranium. Seriously, I've done Weight Watchers for so long that counting points in my head is a habit, but it's not a habit that's supporting my health. I'm okay up to a certain point then I "hulk out" and eat stuff I neither need nor really want, to be honest. I've been reading about mindfulness, and No-S-ing seems to align with being in the moment, being conscious of what I'm eating, etc. All good things.

So, I'm dipping my delicately-pedicured tootsies into No-S waters! I'll give this a fair shot, from today till October 17, and see what happens. The idea of having nothing to journal, log, calculate, or graph is sooooo liberating! my inner geek can take a 3-month vacation, which will do her some good. And then we'll re-evaluate.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:54 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/142.2/135 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: 1200 cals
Start Date: 7/27/14
Hi everyone!

Is there room for one more? I have been driving myself crazy trying to figure out the "perfect" WOE for me to lose these 11# that have been plaguing me forever! This plan sounds like a good fit for me and I like the KISS method!

I will commit to 1 month starting today and see how it goes!

TIA!

ETA: Is there a guideline as to the length of time between each meal?

Last edited by Joannew; 07-17-2012 at 08:51 AM..
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome all, the more the merrier!

I can't tell you how wonderful it is not to count anything Rachel! I haven't done WW in years and the points are still in my head. Maybe that's why I have so little room for anything else.

No guide lines for meals other than spacing enough so you don't get hungry in-between. That's what's so refreshing Joann, lack of rules.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:44 AM   #39
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
morning, girls!

cheryl...i'm sticking with 2 meals a day too. so i'm slipping in IF in with no-s as well. shooting for 16-18 hr fast. the variable being when i have supper. i will always try and eat my second meal as early as possible, but like tonight...it won't be till after 7 so then my first meal tomorrow i will try and push back as long as possible. i will eat my two meals mostly LC and if i want higher carb only one of meals will be such. i will also vary my plate size depending on how the previous day's eating was. like today...eating out twice. tomorrow...eating out once...so will probably keep second meal tomorrow light....that's the *plan* anyway.
So have you stopped doing the hcg patches? Sorry for the confusion. I know you were loving the patches. I'm really going to try to stick to the two meals per day on days when I'm busy and/or sleeping so late in the day. Last night I was still awake at 5am. I took my thyroid meds at that hour and turned off the alarm that would have woken me up at 09 to take them. I finally fell asleep and woke at 11:30. I hate this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelocity View Post
I had never heard of this eating plan before today, but it seems so... sensible! I love Julia Child's famous quote, "Everything in moderation, including moderation", and it's perfectly compatible with this way of thinking. No overthinking required, or weekly meetings and added fees. It's cheap and easy (insert one-liner here!) and incredibly sustainable at first glance.

Most importantly, there aren't a plethora of rules, which tend to induce OCD-type thoughts in my poor little cranium. Seriously, I've done Weight Watchers for so long that counting points in my head is a habit, but it's not a habit that's supporting my health. I'm okay up to a certain point then I "hulk out" and eat stuff I neither need nor really want, to be honest. I've been reading about mindfulness, and No-S-ing seems to align with being in the moment, being conscious of what I'm eating, etc. All good things.

So, I'm dipping my delicately-pedicured tootsies into No-S waters! I'll give this a fair shot, from today till October 17, and see what happens. The idea of having nothing to journal, log, calculate, or graph is sooooo liberating! my inner geek can take a 3-month vacation, which will do her some good. And then we'll re-evaluate.
Rachel! (Assuming that's your real name.) I like you already! Hope you stick around, kiddo. I love the simplicity of this plan, too. I feel set free! Amazing how instantly we can be set free if we just follow a different path and adjust our thinking.

I think your plan to give it until mid October is a great one. This is clearly no quick-fix, but that's what makes me think it could actually work for the long-haul. And that's what I need. A plan that will help me to finally keep the weight off once it is gone. I'm dealing with lots of regained weight at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joannew View Post
Hi everyone!

Is there room for one more? I have been driving myself crazy trying to figure out the "perfect" WOE for me to lose these 11# that have been plaguing me forever! This plan sounds like a good fit for me and I like the KISS method!

I will commit to 1 month starting today and see how it goes!

TIA!

ETA: Is there a guideline as to the length of time between each meal?
to you, too! Always room for more. I had a feeling we were going to be recruiting lots of new folks once the thread was up and running. Glad for the company!

Terri has the book but all I have is what she wrote at the beginning of the thread and the official web page. I don't remember anything about how many hours between meals but I'd just try to spread them out evenly through your waking hours.

Also, I don't know if this was written at the start by Terri but when we put food on a plate, we don't pile it up vertically. What fits comfortably on a plate is considered the meal. Any over-loading would have to be viewed as "seconds" and that breaks that cardinal rule.

I think this plan is all about "less is more."

I can hardly wait for Wednesday when I will be done with my equine commitments and can start working on the treadmill! I'm actually getting excited about beginning that part of my plan and my new life. Lifetime habits beginning as of right NOW!

ETA: That's weird! I typed in "nosdiet.com" but with the www in front and that is what showed up in my post. (See above.)

Last edited by CherylB; 07-17-2012 at 09:46 AM..
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

cheryl...yes, i stopped for this week...since friday and every single day this week i have 'social things' and am just not wanting to worry about protocol eating while eating out...cop-out? perhaps, but i see it more as living an not letting a diet rule my life...it's a conscious decision and one i'm willing to deal with. after sunday i will re-evaluate and decide if i'm going to continue with the patches or stay with my 'maintenance' plan....still would like to drop 10lbs before our cruise.

i know this is OT for the thread, but i thought you might enjoy seeing these, cheryl. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0630831&type=1
Old 07-17-2012, 03:32 PM   #41
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LowCarbRachel
Stats: size 10/size 6-8/size 6
WOE: Gluten Free/Grain Free
Start Date: January 2013
Hi all! This was one of the plans that I definitely considered when I was choosing a "no counting" way to slowly lose my last 10-15 pounds and to maintain a loss. I am currently doing intermittent fasting, with a 6-7 hour eating window each day. I might incorporate the "no sweets" aspect of no s into my plan and save the sweets for the weekends.

I'll be following along!
LowCarbRachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:41 PM   #42
Big Yapper!

Quote:
cheryl...yes, i stopped for this week...since friday and every single day this week i have 'social things' and am just not wanting to worry about protocol eating while eating out...cop-out? perhaps, but i see it more as living an not letting a diet rule my life...it's a conscious decision and one i'm willing to deal with. after sunday i will re-evaluate and decide if i'm going to continue with the patches or stay with my 'maintenance' plan....still would like to drop 10lbs before our cruise.

i know this is OT for the thread, but i thought you might enjoy seeing these, cheryl. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0630831&type=1
I clicked the link but it said it was unavailable. I love pics, so thanks for posting it for me! Now I want to see them and it's a tease! I totally get what you're saying about family events and P2. I feel your pain. I can't stick to it any longer. I just don't understand why but I just can't.

Day 2 on No S for me today and I didn't eat early in the day. I decided to just drink an iced coffee and cut myself some slack regarding the little bit of cream that's in it. I had been going to avoid all calories between meals because they would technically be considered a snack, but I realized I was splitting hairs. So I drank my one coffee and then downed bunches of water when I was at the farm.

Got home and made a sandwich and an ear of corn for dinner. It was sooooo GOOOOOD! My eyes were rolling back in my head! That corn could have been classified as a "sweet." So that was my first meal of the day. Second one will be later on in the evening, cause I know I'll be awake half the night again. Need to plan ahead for those long hours of wishing I were asleep.

Feel all squeeky clean after my shower and am relaxing in the cool, comfy house. Don't need to go outside again for days, if I don't want to.

Have a great night, ladies! TTYL.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:41 PM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well friends, one of the scariest days of my life today. Last month I went in for my annual mammogram. They called me in for a second which is not unusual as I apparently have very fibery breasts. I typically go in, they do it again and I get a letter in the mail a couple days later with the thumbs up. This time when I went in they had a radiologist read them then and there and tell them if they needed more pictures, they did. Then they said he wanted an ultra sound. I waited (and prayed) for about 20 minutes and then they called me for the ultra sound. She told me that after she did the ultra sound she would take the results into the doctor and he may or may not want to do it again himself and then he would come in and tell me what was going on. And yes he wanted to redo it. Then told me the ultra sound did not show what they saw on the mammogram but they needed to be sure. I have to go back in six months just to make sure there is no change but he assured me he wasnít watching anything, just making sure there was no change. I really donít know what to say, Iím still a bit stunned. But I stayed on plan.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Nicole T
Stats: 193/189/170
WOE: hCG/Paleo
Start Date: 10/7/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Well friends, one of the scariest days of my life today. Last month I went in for my annual mammogram. They called me in for a second which is not unusual as I apparently have very fibery breasts. I typically go in, they do it again and I get a letter in the mail a couple days later with the thumbs up. This time when I went in they had a radiologist read them then and there and tell them if they needed more pictures, they did. Then they said he wanted an ultra sound. I waited (and prayed) for about 20 minutes and then they called me for the ultra sound. She told me that after she did the ultra sound she would take the results into the doctor and he may or may not want to do it again himself and then he would come in and tell me what was going on. And yes he wanted to redo it. Then told me the ultra sound did not show what they saw on the mammogram but they needed to be sure. I have to go back in six months just to make sure there is no change but he assured me he wasnít watching anything, just making sure there was no change. I really donít know what to say, Iím still a bit stunned. But I stayed on plan.
Wow--how scary! But great to know that they err on the side of caution! I probably would have been like "that was stressful...I deserve a piece of pizza--or three!" LOL Guess that's why I'm back here for another round
Nicole T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #45
Big Yapper!

That same thing happened to me once, Terri. It is very unnerving but I think mammo's are just poor images. I have fiberous boobies, too. Makes it very difficult to feel a lump or detect anything abnormal. Once I felt something and went to see the GYN. She checked it and thought it was just a lymph node. I insisted it was something worth investigating further and they did an Ultrasound. End result? Fine.

My mom has had benign breast cysts and none of my ancestors have had breast cancer, that I know of. But all it takes is one time to have a familial history from then on. Lot's of things have cropped up in my generation. I had a sister die of Non-hodgekins Lymphoma and another sister with Fibromyalgia and all sorts of other stuff. And I was the only one in the family to be infertile. You never know what's coming down the pike next.

Please don't worry. Most likely they were just reading it in such a way that they thought it was worth taking a closer look. Maybe recently they had an episode of saying something was clear and it turned out to be cancer, and now they are worried about law suits. It could be something as simple as that.

Anyway, I hope you can put it behind you and rest easy. I hope you can.

Last edited by CherylB; 07-17-2012 at 06:59 PM..
Old 07-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
subbing to see how everything goes with this eating plan.

Terri That is scary, but as Cheryl says it usually turns out fine. Putting this on my prayer list for you.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks everyone. After my doctorís appt I already had an appointment for a manicure and pedicure. So what did I do when I got home? Went out in the yard and worked out my frustrations. Now Iíll spend the rest of the night getting the dirt out of my nails. Oh well at least I got my exercise in.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:47 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/142.2/135 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: 1200 cals
Start Date: 7/27/14
Good Morning all!

I went through the same thing, Terri, and all was well. I am sure everything will be fine.

Made it through the first No S day On to Day 2!

Hope everyone has a great No S Day!
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:02 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lacie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
TerriMM, thank you for the welcome. I've had to go through this a couple of times. The 1st time it turned out to be a swollen lymph node, which had shrunk and they had a hard time finding it when they re-did my mammogram. The 2nd time I had another mammogram & ultrasound and everything turned out ok.

I've been reading the posts and like other posters I'm tired of counting anything. I've joined WW too many times to count, lost weight, but got sick of counting points, stopped going, and gained the weight back. I never obsess about food until I'm on a weight loss program. I just want to eat normal at this point.
lacie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:05 AM   #50
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rachelocity
WOE: Fitbit/My Fitness Pal
Start Date: Every day I'm shuffling
Terri, ((((hugs)))). I am glad they are monitoring you closely, as tough as that is, because this is nothing to monkey around with. Stats are very much in your favour, and as long as the next mammo/US is identical to yesterday's, you're golden!

So I made it thru Day 1 of No S. I realized how much night eating I actually did, which was easy to see when I wasn't doing it! I decided to add a formal mini-meal at night, consisting of a fruit and a serving of dairy on non-S days. This could be a smoothie in the summer or a glass of milk and an apple in the winter. I have a hard time getting in enough dairy, and I have a family history of osteoporosis, so by adding this new habit instead of my usual huge bowl of popcorn and a Coke Zero, this will be health-supporting. I am determined to develop healthy habits, including moderation.
Rachelocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:49 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning All!
Thanks for all the support and encouraging stories. Just like the weight loss struggle. You think you're all alone in this and it's only you with the issues until you share. back to you all.

One thing this plan really brought home to me was how much mindless eating I did. Once you see that, itís like no wonder I've been having a hard time losing. I'm very anxious for Friday's weigh in. I think it will help me through the dinner date with my sister tonight. Weíre having take out from my very favorite Italian joint. I already went for the Shrimp Caesar but sheís a big desert lover and I'm afraid of what is lurking. I've been practicing my best "I'm so stuffed, I couldn't possibly"
Old 07-18-2012, 06:17 AM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning. Big buddy girl. Will def pray all is well.

Sitting in pre-op with kyle.

Ended up eating out twice yesterday. Lunch was fine...LC salad. Supper out was fine...I did choose sweet after ward...hey it was included in the buffet meal. . But will just not have them this weekend much.

Terri, did my link for you? Should be the same link I put in the other thread.

Will let you know how the dude does. Oh...and I'll post a before surgery picture In a little bit.

another for you....

Hey, everyone else...fun to have an active thread for no-s.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:46 AM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning Bud!
Thanks! I thought a lot about Noah and you in those 20 minutes waiting for the ultra sound and what you went through having it be your child back at ya! Will be praying for Kyle today. Can't wait to see before and afters. I still think his Sly look is cool

The link gave me the error first and after I logged in it popped right up. Yes I have a facebook account but I'm just a ghost no one can see. I use it as a hiring tool.

I'm hoping to make it through dinner at sis's without the sweet. If I don't (although I know I'm not supposed to) I may trade it for Sunday.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:59 AM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hmmm....wonder how I can make it public? I thought it was...

You sneaky FB lurker.

Here is before

He's been back there for 15 since posting this....didn't sound like it would take too long.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:11 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You do make pretty babies lady!
Old 07-18-2012, 07:35 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Why thank you ma'am!
Old 07-18-2012, 08:06 AM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So he went back to the OR at 8:45...dr came out at 9:15!! All is good. He said it went well.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:14 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
So he went back to the OR at 8:45...dr came out at 9:15!! All is good. He said it went well.
I'm late to the game...what was he having done? (and he IS adorable!)
Old 07-18-2012, 08:19 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi, Nicole...he broke his nose on the 4th of July. Notice the getle parenthesis like look to his nose.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:26 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi, Nicole...he broke his nose on the 4th of July. Notice the getle parenthesis like look to his nose.
Awww poor kid! Well he's still cute--even with a broken nose!