Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #511
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Sounds like a wonderful time ahead for all of you. Embrace it. Night, sweetie.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #512
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/139.3/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
:

Terri, well if you don't mind, I'll stick around. I can't say what I'm doing just yet, but if y'all are open to my company, I will happily hang with you. I still hang with the Atkins '72 group because that was "home base" when I joined LCF 3 years ago this month. I wish I could say I'm further along than I am, but I'm no where near 234.6!!!! Victory dance!!!

Welcome Cheryl

I don't remember if I actually made homemade mayo once or if I was just reading the recipe for homemade mayo, but when I saw the sheer volume of OIL in it, it turned me off completely. If I eat mayo, I prefer to open a jar and be as ignorant of what's really in it as I possibly can. Ignorance really IS bliss.

Advantage NK (nutritional ketosis) Fat Good, more please

Yep, I'm in funk-city. The only reason I can laugh about it is I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have all of you lovely ladies in my corner. Things can only get better from here. After I'm through eating this batch of chili, I mean.

Wow. It's been so long since I talked with you fine ladies! I hope you are as happy to see me as I am to see you again. I'm still doing the horse volunteering twice a week. Monday was horrendous wet weather and it brought back memories (nightmares) of some of my worst days since I started there over 10 months ago. I was questioning if I really would be happy doing that for a living (well, part time only.) Then I think how much money I could be making if I could find just a one-day-a-week nursing gig and it makes me feel so ashamed. Where did I go? Am I totally gone?
Nope, what you are is on the path Maybe where you're at is a stepping stone vs. a destination.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #513
Big Yapper!

Ain't that the truth! Off to bed now. Sleep tight, ladies. Hugs to all!
Old 10-23-2012, 05:48 AM   #514
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Nicole T
Stats: 193/189/170
WOE: hCG/Paleo
Start Date: 10/7/13
Hi ladies! I'm still just plugging along here doing No S with Paleo. I did want to say that the coconut "bread" has been a complete lifesaver for me (have another batch in the oven as I type)! It is SO much better than the almond flour one IMO.

I even took some to our local Lebanese restaurant so I could dip it in their lebneh (yummy farmer's cheese--like a cross between yogurt, sour cream and cream cheese). It just makes my life so much easier that I can grab half a piece and throw something on it like turkey or tuna and have a fast lunch.

It has also helped me to be VERY regular without giving me gas or tummy issues--which is welcomed

Oh and I just found out that I'll be going on a cruise in Feb of this year! I'm super excited but sad because my oldest son won't be able to go since this is his first year in high school and he said it'd be bad to miss 5 days. Plus he has water polo which is his life. So it'll be me and my 10 and 14 year old (and my extended family). It's a Princess cruise (never been on Princess) and it goes to 4 different islands.

So needless to say I'll likely be doing a round of HCG on Jan 1 since we leave on Feb 10th
Old 10-23-2012, 09:42 AM   #515
Big Yapper!

That sounds lovely, Nicole! Wish your other son could join you. I've never been on a cruise but it sounds like you have. How wonderful that will be! And to be at goal weight during it will be amazing. (That's next year, not this year.)

I am going to someday try that coconut bread recipe you were kind enough to post for us. What is the consistency of it? Dense? Light? I know you said you take one slice and lay meat and stuff on top of it. Have you ever used two slices and made an actual sandwich?

I ask all these questions because way back when, I made the Oopsie rolls and was so disappointed. I thought they had the consistency of the meringue on top of lemon meringue pie. I can use my imagination somewhat in order to convince myself I like something LC, but I just couldn't make those things twice. :/

But I DID like the flax seed flour one minute muffins that cook up in a mug in the microwave! Those were great.

"Rise and Shine! It's a brand new day."

My Journal.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:50 AM   #516
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Nicole T
Stats: 193/189/170
WOE: hCG/Paleo
Start Date: 10/7/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
That sounds lovely, Nicole! Wish your other son could join you. I've never been on a cruise but it sounds like you have. How wonderful that will be! And to be at goal weight during it will be amazing. (That's next year, not this year.)

I am going to someday try that coconut bread recipe you were kind enough to post for us. What is the consistency of it? Dense? Light? I know you said you take one slice and lay meat and stuff on top of it. Have you ever used two slices and made an actual sandwich?

I ask all these questions because way back when, I made the Oopsie rolls and was so disappointed. I thought they had the consistency of the meringue on top of lemon meringue pie. I can use my imagination somewhat in order to convince myself I like something LC, but I just couldn't make those things twice. :/

But I DID like the flax seed flour one minute muffins that cook up in a mug in the microwave! Those were great.
This is NOTHING like oopsie rolls! I would say the consistency when using the coconut flour is EXACTLY like a hoagie roll. Chewy on the outside and soft on the inside. You could totally make a sandwich with two pieces...I just try not to eat too many pieces in a day so if I use 1/2 and breakfast and 1/2 at lunch I'm still only having 1 roll
Nicole T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #517
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cheryl!

Woo Hoo Nicole, sounds like everything is coming up roses. I didn't get around to the bread last weekend, shooting for this weekend. DH really wants to go low carb but has an awful time going long term without sandwiches. Have you tried it in a loaf pan yet? He loves sandwich rolls, so going to try that first.

I'm still hanging with NK at the moment. Trying to figure out if I can somehow combine that with HCG in sort of a Fat Fast round to get back in the 120s for the holidays.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #518
Big Yapper!

Then I'm definitely going to make this within the next few days. Thanks, Nicole! Terri, I am right there with your hubby. It's hard to live without bread. I mean, I love this home made french onion soup that you put into a crock and top with cheeses, but without the toasted piece of bread inside, all the cheese sinks down and so it can't get browned and crispy in the oven.

I'm not sure how NK differs from Atkins. Don't feel like you have to explain it to me, I'm just thinking out loud.

I'm still doing the horse stuff twice a week. I was asked if I could come and get the horses who are on the schedule for therapy lessons at 5 and 6 pm ready today, but it's borderline raining and I won't know until 3 pm if they are cancelling lessons due to weather. Part of me wants them to cancel, the other part of me knows this is a great opportunity to show what I can do.

They got three mini's yesterday. I had no clue until I drove up and parked. Two mini horses and one mini donkey! They belong to the woman who heads up the whole program so I guess they will be staying here with us. They were rescues. I wish I could rescue me one of those mini donkeys! What a hoot he is. If I end up going, I'll try to take some pics. Not a great day for pics, but I'll bring the camera just so I can be ready.

Have a nice day, ladies. TTYS!
Old 10-23-2012, 12:03 PM   #519
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That would be so cool! I just love exotic animals. Oh who am I kidding, I just love animals.

I wonder if it might help if you inferred you were waiting to hear on a paying gig, and if that didn't come through, you'd be happy to help them out. But you're sure they understand that the paying position would have to come first.......
I don't know I'm not very good at games. I'm a more "do ya or don't ya" type. But it would sure be nice to see them get off it and treat you right.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #520
Big Yapper!

It's all a matter of available funds. They are actually trying to cut back on the number of hours they pay the people they currently have on their books. I'm barking up the wrong tree. I will continue to do my volunteer stuff with them but I've given up hope of being offered a job there. Not until they really expand and get their arena covered so they can have lessons all through the year, with no concern for the weather, will it be a remote possibility. I will keep on trucking in the mean time.

That little Donkey was just as cute today as he was yesterday. I parked the car right next to their paddock and before I even stepped out of the car, he had walked up to see who was getting out. I didn't take any pics today. I was too busy and it was way to rainy. I did very little of what they asked me to come and help them with and mostly did what I normally do. Had I known they were short a barn volunteer, I would have said I couldn't make it today.

I kind of felt "duped" but it's all just the whole way things are divided up there. Everyone has one little piece of the puzzle and knows nothing about what else is going on outside of their little area. Quite frustrating at times. I'm not a "go with the flow" type of person at all. I want to know what I'm there to do, and be turned loose to do it. Life is a frustrating place for someone like me.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #521
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LauraAnn
Stats: 271/189/150
WOE: WLS - NoS
Start Date: 02/01/08
Anybody out there?

Still plugging along with No So and loving it. I've moved into the 180s again. Lots happened since last here. Lost my dad two days before Christmas and son got married last week.

I keep looking at other plans but this is the only thing that gives me peace. Hope all is well and there's someone out there still doing it.
LauraAnn is offline   Reply With Quote