Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #421
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
gotcha! thank you for sharing.
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #422
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LauraAnn
Stats: 271/189/150
WOE: WLS - NoS
Start Date: 02/01/08
I keep going back and forth in my head a little bit with doing something strict to take this 20 off. Do you guys do that? I have my son's wedding in March and I just want it off. Was HCG something that could take the 20 off and then morph into NoS? Yall have all done it, right???

NOW you see why I didn't post? LOL I'm absolutely sold on NoS longterm, but sometimes shortterm I think I might have to do something different. I think the upcoming wedding is stressing me.

Last edited by LauraAnn; 10-03-2012 at 12:01 PM..
LauraAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:23 PM   #423
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i need to yes, laura. i am going on a trip with my mom and sisters the end of the month and i know we will enjoy lots of good eats. i don't want to go on that trip at the weight i currently am. no way!! so i am trying to adhere to 1200 cals in my 3 meals. no particular woe, just 1200 cals lower fat if that's what i end up or higher fat if i decide on that, but just 1200 cals.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #424
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/139.8/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraAnn View Post
I keep going back and forth in my head a little bit with doing something strict to take this 20 off. Do you guys do that? I have my son's wedding in March and I just want it off. Was HCG something that could take the 20 off and then morph into NoS? Yall have all done it, right???

NOW you see why I didn't post? LOL I'm absolutely sold on NoS longterm, but sometimes shortterm I think I might have to do something different. I think the upcoming wedding is stressing me.
We do this all the time No S is such a great way to live but I haven't gotten it refined into a weight loss or even completely maintaining plan yet.

Yes you could lose that with HCG, but it a tough WOE. I myself keep going back and forth; hoping to hang on to my HCG loses and just live.
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #425
Senior LCF Member

dazy that sounds like a great plan. Are you finding it easy? I was thinking this afternoon that I have 5 months to lose this. That's plenty of time to do 20 lbs. I just need to take a step back and look at my choices and be consistent with those choices and consistent with my exercise.

Terri...glad I fit in. I can change diets within the scope of a day. LOL I hear ya on the getting it down to lose. I think it just evolves depending on where you're at weight wise, but maybe that's true with everything???

Nicole, we gotta remember Reinhard's a MAN! But if you watch that board, there are a lot of successful people, I just think it takes a lot of time figuring it out. And I am willing to bet that a lot of women have to do mods to lose when they get close to goal. I keep thinking that I will get this 20 off and gradually get back to more vanilla NoS? At least that's my hope.

I gotta scoot. Heading out to meet my son for dinner!

One, one quick question... I keep trying to post a pic for my profile pic and it won't load. Any ideas why???

Last edited by LauraAnn; 10-03-2012 at 04:07 PM..
Old 10-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #426
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Under settings go to edit Avatar, very confusing we've all gone through that. It'll be great to put a face to a name!

And as far as fitting in, oh yeah!
Old 10-04-2012, 04:23 AM   #427
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

it's fairly easy, yes, laura. it means more tracking than i care to do, but i need to just put on my big girl panties and do it for the time being till my trip or i'll end up going on my trip at a much higher weigh than i want to. i did eat out for lunch yesterday. had a reuben sandwich and a cup of creamy potato soup. could have gotten half of sandwich, but it didn't really seem that big to me and i didn't feel STUFFED after eating it. then a t church i had a very reasonable plate with a bit of lettuce and 3 chicken wings with some ranch to dip in. so i probably went over 1200 yesterday, but what do ya do? back at it today. today i will try a lc/hf day, 1200 cals. tomorrow, low fat, 1200 cals.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:08 AM   #428
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

so an example of my high(er) fat, lc day... this is today's eats:

coffee with 1/4c hwc & 1T coconut oil (terri...i DID include it in my totals figured it was time to be real altho i didn't include the CO.)

egg/sausage pile. lol...2 eggs with 3 sausages links scrambled together with 2T daisy sour cream in top

6oz container plain, fat free (just like it better and easy to find) greek yogurt with added ezsweets & vanilla extract with 1/2 c of my coconut 'granola'

2 eggs, scrambled with 2T sour cream on top

cals: 1210
fat: 97g
protein: 59g
carbs: 17 net
Old 10-04-2012, 07:31 AM   #429
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds yummy!

Well I'm down 1.5 today. So a great way to start my vacation. See you in a couple days
Old 10-04-2012, 07:54 AM   #430
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

woohoo! go you! have fun!
Old 10-04-2012, 08:04 AM   #431
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Nicole T
Stats: 193/189/170
WOE: hCG/Paleo
Start Date: 10/7/13
Yay Terri!! I haven't weighed yet--will probably do so tomorrow since I might have a few Paleo treats this weekend (nothing crazy and will still use coconut sugar). On Sunday I was 181.6. I can tell you that my watch is MUCH looser around my wrist than it was a week ago! To the point where a week ago it was pretty much staying in place and now it's almost flipping around to the other side. I doubt whether it's true fat loss but I do think all the grains (yes, even the whole ones) and the sugar on the weekends were bloating me. I would just be happy getting back to 175 so my 12's fit.

I have to say that I am A LOT less hungry these days going back to Paleo No S than I was when I was just doing No S. Which is interesting since I'm pretty much eating the same foods--just minus the grains. For example--on vanilla No S I was having 3 eggs with a little bit of raw cheddar in a brown rice tortilla and now I'm having 3 eggs with bacon--no tortilla. The past few days I have almost forgotten to eat lunch!

Guess I know what works for me now and I just have to come to terms with the fact that I can't do vanilla No S and even maintain I will tell you guys that I just got a new Paleo cookbook that is AWESOME! It's called Paleo Indulgences. I am definitely making her brownies this weekend! They even have the shiny top that real brownies have on them

Off to study--Anatomy and Physiology exam today Someone tell me again why I am deciding to become a nurse at 40 years old??? lol
Old 10-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #432
Senior LCF Member

Have fun Terri!

Dazy...your meals sound great! I love the big girl analogy! I think it's time I do that, too. All I keep getting back to me is that I was large enough to need WLS so what in the world makes me think I wouldn't have to have mods in anything??? I'm thinking about after the wedding and being at goal again, I may play with having more free eating on the weekends but keep the weeks tighter? I dunno... but I guess I need to just concentrate on getting it off first. LOL

Nicole, I'm the same way. Drop the carby stuff and my hunger plummets. I wonder if when you get back to where you want to be you could try having a small serving at night? What kind of sweetener do you use for Paleo treats? I really want to get away from artificial sweeteners but I hate Stevia.

I keep trying to upload a pic but it says upload failed? Any ideas why?

Off to clean house. Yall have a great day!

Oh lordy it didn't fail but it's sideways??? HELP??? LOL

Last edited by LauraAnn; 10-04-2012 at 11:09 AM..
Old 10-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #433
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
LauraAnn

There is a size limitation on pictures. I would ask one of the moderators for help.
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
so an example of my high(er) fat, lc day... this is today's eats:

coffee with 1/4c hwc & 1T coconut oil (terri...i DID include it in my totals figured it was time to be real altho i didn't include the CO.)

egg/sausage pile. lol...2 eggs with 3 sausages links scrambled together with 2T daisy sour cream in top

6oz container plain, fat free (just like it better and easy to find) greek yogurt with added ezsweets & vanilla extract with 1/2 c of my coconut 'granola'

2 eggs, scrambled with 2T sour cream on top

cals: 1210
fat: 97g
protein: 59g
carbs: 17 net
not that it matters, , but i changed supper from 2 eggs with sour cream to a can of 100 calorie veggie soup and added 2T hwc to it plus had two crackers. new total is 1238 cals.

i feel totally full and satisfied. i may have a slightly growly tummy when i go to bed, but i kinda like a slightly growly tummy when i go to bed.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:03 AM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Seabreazes... I may have to. Me not very techy.

Dazygurl, you are BRILLIANT! I don't know why I never thought of that. I went to the store last night to get some higher fat stuff and then sat down and put in my little app on the phone and figured a high fat low carb day for today. It was actually easier than I thought to stay within 1200 cals. I like that since the deficit is based on cals, that if I completely burn out and want something not so friendly carb wise that as long as I stay in the 1200 calorie range I'm still doing it! Yay! You know I think you are really close to figuring it out for you. All you guys are.

I have noticed on the NoS board that a lot of folks advocate the smaller plate size, with 1/4 meat, 1/4 carb and the rest fruits/veggies. I think doing it that way just naturally pulls you toward a lower cal and even carb range without the weighing. I've got lots of strategies in my head to do stuff like that once I'm where I want to be. I don't think I would be so stressed and having to do something more drastic if it weren't for the wedding. My one and only child in this world and want pics that I don't hate. Ya know what I mean???

Nicole, I think Paleo is the best diet on the planet health-wise. I saw my dad cure himself of crippling arthritis way back 30 something years ago on a similar type diet. It was way before people knew or talked much about organic, grass fed, no grains, etc. He read a book called "The Doctors Home Cure for Arthritis". A coworker told him about it. It was based on the premise that we are killing ourselves with our food choices and RA is one of the many diseases being brought on by preservatives and chemicals, grains, etc. He only ate eggs from chicken that scratched, i.e. farm fresh, meats that can straight from a grass-fed type ranch, organic fruits and veggies and he could have milk as long as it was raw milk. Much harder to do back then and had to buy direct from farmers/ranchers, but it worked. It got me interested in health even way back then. He went from being almost wheel-chair bound to back riding his bicycle in six weeks. It was nothing short of amazing!

You guys have a wonderful Friday! Yay, it's TGIF!
Old 10-05-2012, 05:37 AM   #436
Major LCF Poster!

TGIF Ladies! Well, the scale has spoken and apparently it really likes Paleo! I was down 4 lbs in the last five days!

I do feel SO much better too and my hunger is pretty much non-existent. I'm not counting calories at all (if I had to guess, it'd be pretty high since I'm eating a TON of fat in the form of bacon, coconut oil, chicken thighs etc...)

When I feel like I need something sweet after meals I grab a handful of walnuts and some Nevada Mana sugar free chocolate chips--such a yummy treat!

I'm planning on making the brownies from Paleo Indulgences this weekend as my S day treat but besides that, I'm sticking with Paleo
Nicole T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:04 AM   #437
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yeah, 1200 cals really can be quite a bit to eat. when i do a lower fat/higher carb days it's even more food. today is kind of messed up. eating at the school with the diva in my avatar pic. then this evening dd and i are going to a mother daughter concert/bible study thingy for girls 2nd-5th grade called 'secret keeper girl' it's a pajama party theme so we are to wear our jammie jams. but supper will be a sack lunch eaten on the way.

congrats, nicole, on being down 4! that's awesome!

i am down 1.2 from last friday. but i didn't get with it really till tuesday then went out for lunch on wednesday...so considering all that, that's not too bad.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #438
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
I've been thinking about trying paelo but haven't been able to give up a few non-gluten grains. I think I'll give it a try today.
I do have issues with "processed" meats & salts, as well as eggs & dairy, so my choices are narrowed pretty bad.
Could be an interesting day!
Thanks again,
Debby
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:14 AM   #439
Senior LCF Member

Happy Saturday everyone!
Old 10-06-2012, 06:52 AM   #440
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Down another pound today!! I'm at 176 today--much better than the 181.6 I was on Sunday. Man I hope it just keeps falling off of me until I reach my body's ideal!

And I even made Man-Pleasing Chicken twice this week and it has 1/2 cup of maple syrup in it (for the whole recipe). SO excited to see that I can have some "natural" sugar like that and still drop a pound the next day
Old 10-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #441
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

woohoo nicole! that's awesome!

i think i am going to try and loosely follow alternating days of high fat then 1200 cals low fat/mod carb. keep my body guessing. all within no-s guidelines of course.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #442
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi All, I'm back! We had a great time. Saw a lot of really awe inspiring trees and had a really great time. Just a few pics to give you the idea.
PA050153.jpg Our little cabin in the woods

PA050124.jpg This is me next to the Dyersville Giant that was the world’s tallest until it fell in 1994. They say it sounded like a train wreck when it fell.

PA050127.jpg This is DH next to the same (I was down at the base.)

PA050140.jpg This one will give you an idea of the typical standing ones. Sure makes us look tiny, huh?

Congrads on all the great losses out there!! I'm up a 2.9 from when I left. Not devastating, but enough to get me on the stick. Hadn't really decided the game plan for Monday, but when I saw the scale, I made the instant decision to do the No Pasta, bread, potatoes, sweets or fried anything right then and there. We'll see how it goes from here.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #443
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey bud! good to see you! what great pictures! got any of the inside of the adorable cabin?

2.9 isn't bad. i'll be interested to see how the no pasta, bread, et all goes for you. i'm guessing good!!

my weekend has been really pretty balanced, i think. didn't track anything during the weekend, but will resume tomorrow.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #444
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

PA050154.jpg This is the inside (two chairs). On the other wall was the sink, micro, fridge and TV. In the middle was a little dinette. Plus it had it's own bathroom.

I'm hoping to be able to add some good grains back, and I suspect I will, but for now I'm on a hunt for the 120s before the holidays . If this doesn't get me there, I'll probably try the high fat/mod protein, just wasn't ready to jump into counting at the moment. I also wasn't quite prepared with the right foods this morning.

Can't wait to hear how your alternating experiment goes.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #445
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lol...alternating didn't get very far. It'll be more of a what do I feel like today...high fat or low fat.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #446
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cabin is so adorable! Looks like a great getaway.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #447
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
Lol...alternating didn't get very far. It'll be more of a what do I feel like today...high fat or low fat.
Won't it be great if we can just figure out how to live sanely? I don't mind saying "no thank you" even more often than not if I'm trying to lose. I'm just getting a little fatigued with counting and calculating every morsel.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:03 PM   #448
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yep, that's pretty much it. can i please just be 'normal' for a change.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:03 AM   #449
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sheri81428
WOE: LC
Start Date: January 2003
Happy Monday all! I don't get on the computer during the weekends, so have been sitting here catching up on all your posts. Nicole, it sounds like you're doing great on Paleo! Terri what an awesome little cabin, nice getaway and 2.9 isn't bad for vacation time.

I've been doing good and sticking to LC and had me a few vodka and waters over the weekend for my sometimes "S" days. I only lost 1 lb this past week, but I'll take it. Along with LC and No S, I'm going to try this 6 Week Cure. It goes in 2 week increments. The first two weeks (starting today) is 3 protein shakes and one meal (LC of course) a day. Weeks 3 and 4 are all meat and weeks 5 and 6 adds back in some carbs. So, we'll see how it goes.

Amazing how all our bodies are different in what they like for losing weight -- here's to us all finding what works best for us :-)
sheri81428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #450
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri81428 View Post
Happy Monday all! I don't get on the computer during the weekends, so have been sitting here catching up on all your posts. Nicole, it sounds like you're doing great on Paleo! Terri what an awesome little cabin, nice getaway and 2.9 isn't bad for vacation time.

I've been doing good and sticking to LC and had me a few vodka and waters over the weekend for my sometimes "S" days. I only lost 1 lb this past week, but I'll take it. Along with LC and No S, I'm going to try this 6 Week Cure. It goes in 2 week increments. The first two weeks (starting today) is 3 protein shakes and one meal (LC of course) a day. Weeks 3 and 4 are all meat and weeks 5 and 6 adds back in some carbs. So, we'll see how it goes.

Amazing how all our bodies are different in what they like for losing weight -- here's to us all finding what works best for us :-)
Well I'm at least glad Paleo is working for me because I'm not sure what else I could try if it didn't! LOL What I do love about Paleo is that I do NO counting of anything so it's pretty much a no-brainer as long as there's no grains, sugar or dairy (but I do a little blue cheese or parm here and there). I actually found a shredded "cheddar" substitute at Whole Foods today to try on my chili I'm making tonight--it's made with almond milk so we'll see. I tried the Diya vegan cheese and would rather do without LOL