Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2012, 05:40 AM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Nicole T
Stats: 193/189/170
WOE: hCG/Paleo
Start Date: 10/7/13
Happy Monday ladies! Cheryl--good luck on your round. You're certainly a stronger woman than me...I think the only way I could do another round would be if someone had a gun to my head! LOL

So I went away this weekend with my boyfriend to Shepherdstown, WV and had quite a few S treats. I definitely feel like my weight is "up" today but I know it'll come back down by the end of the week--just like it did last week. Here are some of my treats:

8/24-8/26 S Days (some of my “treats”):
• Slice of French toast & syrup with my omelet Saturday
• Potato chips for an afternoon snack on Saturday
• 2 margaritas
• 1/2 a biscuit with breakfast and a couple bites of a homemade chocolate doughnut and a couple bites of a Linzer cookie after breakfast Sunday

Last edited by Nicole T; 08-27-2012 at 05:41 AM..
Nicole T is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2012, 07:02 AM   #362
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/141.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Sounds like a lovely S weekend Nicole! How amazing it is to live for a change.

I had a mild S weekend, more carbs than normal. French dip, potato, pasta and oatmeal so really didn't have the desire for much else. I did have a SF chocolate bar Sunday night just because I bought it for the weekend and didn't want to feel deprived during the week. Other than that it was pretty much just N days with carbs. I do feel heavier today and am planning a protein day today just to get things back on kilter, but no worries, no guilt.

Admittedly I do feel the draw of the pellet to lose some, but just too busy being content and happy at the moment.

So this is the big week Bud! How excited are you?
Old 08-27-2012, 07:40 AM   #363
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
yes, very excited! will start laying out luggage and packing tomorrow. today i need to go to my shop to make some shampoo, deodorant, and lotion to take along. yes, i may have a million bottle of lotion in my cupboard i could take, but there's a certain kind i want to take. called the clinic to see about getting a script for motion sickness patches...haven't heard back yet.

i feel i had a more controlled weekend...for me, anyway. nicole, your idea of treats make me feel like i have a looooong way to go! lol....

my s-days start on friday evening...noah and ella and i went to a buffet...lots of yummy stuff...i ate maybe half of what i put on my plates. i was full but not STUFFED! i was pleased with my self. then we went to the new place in town for yummy gelato! i got a dish of reese's PB cup gelato.

satuday, my treat was a scotcharoo bar after lunch (rice krispie bar made with PB and a chocolatey glaze/frosting on top). sunday's treat was a donut at church. and i did have part of a ginormous muffin (just the top of it, which is my favorite part) before my s-day stopped around 3pm sunday. my in-laws treated us to mcd's for supper...it's close and they like to eat there... ... a before we leave on our trip thing. i got a quarterpounder with cheese, took the top off, but left the bottom and shared some fries with noah. i feel much better this morning than i did last monday morning, so i think i did better this weekend at not going crazy.
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #364
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Dazy, I hope you have an AMAZING cruise with your family!!! I will be looking forward to those pictures when you come home. But don't spend the entire time seeing Alaska through the lens of a camera. Take the time to just "be there."
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thank you, cheryl! i'm horrible at REMEMBERING to take pics, so no risk of seeing it all thru the lens...

Old 08-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #366
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzi7
Stats: 265/165 rd3p2/goal this round 140
WOE: vegetarian/organic/hHcg rogue, No-S for Life
Start Date: 5/11/12
I just want to say that I will be back.... lol

I LOVE the No-S but it is just not working for me. I actually gained weight! So at least for right now, I am succumbing to the draw of the pellet and will be joining Cheryl for at least one more Hcg round (depending on how long or short this round is and how successful). I admit I am weak lol... but the call of the skinny is too strong.

I am planning to return to some "modified-to-suit" (meaning adapted so I do not gain weight) version of this after I am done-done with the next few months. Probably by the holidays... No-S just makes too much sense not to make it my WOE for life.

Until then, I will be popping in and out. Best of luck, women! (and men if there are any lurking here)

and Dazy, enjoy your trip! I think Alaska would be an awesome place to visit.

R1P2: 5/13-6/19/12, 165/150(LDW)
R2P2: 7/16-8/14/12 forgetting this round ever happened. grr.
R3P2: 8/29-???, 162/152 VLCD9

Ultimate Goal: 125
suzi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #367
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great Luck Suzi, don't be a stranger!

DH is practicing his "pellet" call wanting to dump some weight before the holidays. I'm fighting it, but may yet succumb. I need to get my mind a whole lot righter then it's been the last couple attempts though.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:56 AM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Oh no, I feel like we've lost all our No S'ers! LOL I'm still hanging in here I honestly can't imagine doing anything else at this point--even if I am a few pounds higher No S'ing (but I don't know if I am because I put my scale away!!).

I do know that I am SO much happier and content and really enjoying food now. It took me awhile but I think I'm finally at the accepting phase of my weight loss journey. As long as I'm not eating crap and am exercising, I'm right where I should be

I didn't walk this past weekend since we were away (and it rained almost the whole time...BF and I have the WORST luck when we go away!) but I have walked the past 3 days--just 30-35 minutes but I figure it's better than just sitting on my butt those days and I feel like it helps to take off the S day weight I may put on on Sat and Sun.

Here's what I ate the past two days. It's been SUPER crazy because my oldest (15) and youngest (10) sons just went to school for the first time EVER in their lives on Monday and then I had my first Anatomy and Physiology class yesterday. It's been so nice not having to also stress over food choices with all this going on!

8/27
• 2 eggs fried with one slice of provolone on them, ˝ avocado, coffee w/cream
• ˝ leftover steak with ˝ avocado
• chicken ceasar salad with a side of homemade sweet potato fries

8/28
• 1 fried egg on 1 slice of homemade whole wheat toast, coffee w/cream
• chicken schwarma sandwich from Lebanese Taverna with a side of hummus
• chicken ceasar salad wrap on a brown rice tortilla and a side of sweet potato chips
Old 08-29-2012, 07:12 AM   #369
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm still here Nicole Funny, when you're not stressing about the everyday fluctuations of the scale and just living there isn't much to say everyday about your diet I'm looking forward to weighing in Friday. That'll be almost three weeks on a "sane" No S lifestyle. As opposed to my first "insane" approach in June. My food choices on the whole have been good whole food choices, still need to whittle the volume a bit though.

DH keeps talking about doing an HCG round to dump some of the weight he’s gained back just recently. This is his second week of No S. I’m hoping the scale is kind to both of us so he doesn’t head that way. I probably will if he does and this WOE is so hard to give up.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:29 AM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
I'm still here Nicole Funny, when you're not stressing about the everyday fluctuations of the scale and just living there isn't much to say everyday about your diet I'm looking forward to weighing in Friday. That'll be almost three weeks on a "sane" No S lifestyle. As opposed to my first "insane" approach in June. My food choices on the whole have been good whole food choices, still need to whittle the volume a bit though.

DH keeps talking about doing an HCG round to dump some of the weight he’s gained back just recently. This is his second week of No S. I’m hoping the scale is kind to both of us so he doesn’t head that way. I probably will if he does and this WOE is so hard to give up.
It's funny because I am NOT looking forward to getting on the scale again! I think because I am enjoying No S SO much and am scared of what the scale might say. I don't ever want to have to do any kind of diet again
Old 08-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #371
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole T View Post
It's funny because I am NOT looking forward to getting on the scale again! I think because I am enjoying No S SO much and am scared of what the scale might say. I don't ever want to have to do any kind of diet again
I hear that! I just feel done with dieting!!
Old 08-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i'm still here, too.

we're heading to the city in a few hours and then will fly to seattle and early o'clock tomorrow morning...6am to be exact.

i'm closer to total acceptance, too nicole... but do feel i have gained some...i *know* how to fix it, even with no-s...i just need to make better choices, i know this. but, it's living right now and that's what i need.

catch you all later.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #373
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
i'm still here, too.

we're heading to the city in a few hours and then will fly to seattle and early o'clock tomorrow morning...6am to be exact.

i'm closer to total acceptance, too nicole... but do feel i have gained some...i *know* how to fix it, even with no-s...i just need to make better choices, i know this. but, it's living right now and that's what i need.

catch you all later.
Hey Buddy!! Have fun!!!!
Old 08-30-2012, 10:43 AM   #374
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladyathome
I am going to try this. Thanks to all of you who have posted here in this thread.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name here is ladyathome. As you can see on my profile, I have been on this site for a while. I started Atkins in June of 2008. I lost about 34 pounds and got down to about a size 4 from a 14. I slowly began to gain about a year after I started. Not sure what is the reason. I am sure I ate off plan here and there and there was some carb creep. I turned forty a couple of years ago and I think I am having hormonal issues. Also, I know I have some disordered eating issues and body image issues. I am NOT trying to make excuses, just stating what I think are some contributing issues.

Now, I have regained all but about 10 pounds. I try to do Atkins induction again, and I just CAN'T stick to it. I tried JUDDD a couple of times and it doesn't work for me either. No losses and down days are too miserable. Oh, and I overdo up days.

I am at the point that I want to stop obsessing. I will be happy if I can maintain where I am and be semi-happy and not obsess over what to eat. Really. LC isn't working out. JUDDD didn't work out. I need something new.

If I can stay where I am or under, I will be happy. I am still in a healthy weight range, I need to learn some acceptance and self love.

There is a good chance I might overdo S days some, but I think I am going to give it a try.

I need to read over all the info again. Still, I jumped right in for today.

For breakfast, I had coffee, one fried egg and a small amount of home fries. I put it on a small salad plate. I was happy.

Lunch was leftover boneless ribs (small) and a lettuce salad. This was on one salad size plate too.

I am meeting some other ladies this evening at Panera Bread and have no idea what to order. Probably a salad.

I also want to stop weighing daily and go to once a week. That is difficult.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling intro, but it's nice to be here and I will be checking in to see how you are all doing and keep you posted on how it's going for me.
ladyathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:07 AM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyathome View Post
I am going to try this. Thanks to all of you who have posted here in this thread.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name here is ladyathome. As you can see on my profile, I have been on this site for a while. I started Atkins in June of 2008. I lost about 34 pounds and got down to about a size 4 from a 14. I slowly began to gain about a year after I started. Not sure what is the reason. I am sure I ate off plan here and there and there was some carb creep. I turned forty a couple of years ago and I think I am having hormonal issues. Also, I know I have some disordered eating issues and body image issues. I am NOT trying to make excuses, just stating what I think are some contributing issues.

Now, I have regained all but about 10 pounds. I try to do Atkins induction again, and I just CAN'T stick to it. I tried JUDDD a couple of times and it doesn't work for me either. No losses and down days are too miserable. Oh, and I overdo up days.

I am at the point that I want to stop obsessing. I will be happy if I can maintain where I am and be semi-happy and not obsess over what to eat. Really. LC isn't working out. JUDDD didn't work out. I need something new.

If I can stay where I am or under, I will be happy. I am still in a healthy weight range, I need to learn some acceptance and self love.

There is a good chance I might overdo S days some, but I think I am going to give it a try.

I need to read over all the info again. Still, I jumped right in for today.

For breakfast, I had coffee, one fried egg and a small amount of home fries. I put it on a small salad plate. I was happy.

Lunch was leftover boneless ribs (small) and a lettuce salad. This was on one salad size plate too.

I am meeting some other ladies this evening at Panera Bread and have no idea what to order. Probably a salad.

I also want to stop weighing daily and go to once a week. That is difficult.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling intro, but it's nice to be here and I will be checking in to see how you are all doing and keep you posted on how it's going for me.
WELCOME!!! I, too, am trying this for the first time and I have to tell you how VERY freeing it is I will say I'm not sure I'm losing anything and I may have even gained a pound or so in these first few weeks BUT...I am so very happy and content so that's worth the pound or two that I may be carrying! It also may be that my "vanity weight" was just a tad too low for my body. Basically I'm just going with the concept that if I simply strive to eat real, whole foods and do moderate exercise 5 days a week (brisk walking for at least 30 minutes), wherever I land is where I am meant to be.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I have and I hope it's the answer to help you stop from obsessing about food!
Old 08-31-2012, 06:08 AM   #376
Major LCF Poster!

All GREEN DAYS so far this week Can't say I'm feeling very "thin" but I am happy and content so that counts for a lot. Won't weight for at least another week or so. I usually start my S days on Friday evening and end them after brunch on Sunday but I think I'm going to do full S days on Saturday and Sunday since we're having a pool party at my parents on Sunday for Labor Day. And I don't think I'll take a special day on Labor Day--just not feeling like I need it if I had S days on Saturday and Sunday.

8/29
• oatmeal with ˝ banana, coffee with cream
• power sandwich from Whole Foods (avocado, tomato, onion, lettuce, montery jack cheese, sprouts), small bag of chips
• millet buckwheat pizza with mushrooms and onions

8/30
• 2 scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese in a brown rice wrap, coffee with cream
• millet buckwheat pizza
• 3 baked chicken drumsticks, rice and oven-roasted greenbeans
Old 08-31-2012, 06:56 AM   #377
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the welcome Nicole. I hope you enjoy your Labor Day weekend plans.

I ended up having soup and salad (with bread) at Panera.

So far so good. I did weigh this morning-Daily weigh ins will be a hard habit to break.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:49 AM   #378
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyathome View Post
Thanks for the welcome Nicole. I hope you enjoy your Labor Day weekend plans.

I ended up having soup and salad (with bread) at Panera.

So far so good. I did weigh this morning-Daily weigh ins will be a hard habit to break.
I totally know what you mean about the daily weighing but what I found with No S is that weighing daily will make you crazy since your weight WILL be up for a few days after your S days (at least mine is) and it can sometimes take until Thurs or Fri for it to come back to "normal". So when I weighed every day, it was pretty much a guarantee that I would get upset on Mon, Tues and maybe even Wed. I just found it wasn't worth it to me to put myself through that when I knew it would come back to center after a few days of clean eating
Old 09-03-2012, 06:43 AM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Happy Labor Day!

I've been doing this No S thing since Thursday, so today is day 5. I haven't weighed since Friday. That is a big deal for me since I obsess over the scale.

For starters, I FEEL great. So much better. Why? I don't know. Maybe because I am actually eating a variety of foods? Also I have gotten back into walking. I want to try to walk a few times a week.

With this being Labor Day weekend, it's three S days in a row. I have not overdone it at all. On Saturday and Sunday, I had one snack each day. It was just a small pack of cheese crackers. Yesterday I made lasagne and the only seconds I had was a second piece of garlic bread. Then I ate a bowl of ice cream in the evening. Today I will have a dessert of a brownie with vanilla ice cream.

I am concerned about gaining because my metabolism is probably shot from disordered eating and frequent dieting. However, like I said if I can maintain where I am and not gain, even if I don't lose, I will be happy to keep up this plan.

I'll check back in soon. Hope everyone is doing great.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #380
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Checking in on you No S'ers. Missing you and hoping (believing) that Carrie and her family are having the most amazing trip of their entire lives, and that she is remembering to take some pics!

I'm doing great on this round of hhcg. I realized I hadn't done a successful round in about a year and a half, so when I thought about it, I decided it might be the right time. Lo and behold, it is! I'm even going to the gym regularly and losing. (See daily note in siggy.)

I originally thought I'd do two 21-day rounds this season and then be in P3/P4 through the holidays, but I think (in light of last year) I will just motor on through and do 60 days. It's as easy as it was the first round and it's not at all drudgery. I'm enjoying the food (doing the OWL plan but skipping the popcorn and grains.) I have a couple servings of fruit per day (usually an orange) and then eat my ground beef with canned diced tomatoes and a lot of spices. I even take zucchini's and cut them in strips, lay them on a toaster oven tray that's been sprayed with Pam, spritz the zukes with zero cal butter spray and salt the heck out of them. Bake at 450 degrees for about 30 minutes and chow down (I add more salt and butter spray when they hit the plate.)

I couldn't be happier right now. I loved No S and I will definitely use it as my maintenance plan when I hit P4, but I just didn't have the patience for it. I have too much to take off of my body and I want to enjoy my second favorite season by wearing skinnier clothes and feeling better in my skin.

I hope No S is working for all of you! I loved the freedom of it, but when I'd weigh once weekly, I was disappointed. I'm just so THANKFULL that I was ready to really make a go of this new hhcg round. I think the secret for me is to just do one good round per year. That's enough time in between to be ready for the next one. I had so many unsuccessful attempts after that one good first round. This is once again "Round 1."
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:28 AM   #381
Senior LCF Member

One week on No S and I am checking in. I did not gain any weight.
I may have even lost a half pound or so. I was worried about weight gain, so this is good news. I will go forward with another week on No S.

I feel better and I don't obsess over what I will be eating. I eat what the rest of my family eats at dinner. I don't skip potatoes or noodles or rice. I just have a smallish to medium portion and that's it. Oh, and I am enjoying eating fruit and having orange juice with breakfast sometimes. Sunday was a little rough because I think I overdid it with starches and sugar a bit, and it made me feel kind of sick. Other than that, things went fairly well.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:21 AM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA lately--my boyfriend and I went away last weekend and my boys and I are still getting used to heading back to school (elementary and highschool for them and Anatomy and Physiology for me). I had a VERY splurgy (is that a word??) weekend at the beach. One day we basically ate our way down the Ocean City boardwalk! LOL Thrashers french fries, the BEST pizza I've ever had and some caramel popcorn from Fishers.

Monday I hopped right back on to No S and have been doing great. I haven't weighed myself in weeks and don't want to either. It's like I'm either weighing obsessively or I don't want to weigh at all LOL. I can tell I'm not "thin" right now but I'm also still in my 12's (albeit a bit snug). But that's ok--I'm enjoying the freedom and social aspect of eating SO much that it's worth it to me

Hope everyone else is doing great--whether you're back HCGing or still No Sing!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:03 AM   #383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Nicole Good to see you, glad you're doing so well and "living!" I went back to HCG to try and get back down to goal so I can get back to living too. So far I'm about 1/2 way there. The tools and habits I picked up on No S have really helped this round. Can't wait to get back here!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:19 AM   #384
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi, nicole! i'm back to no-s after out cruise. i was up quite a bit. i am down 4.2 since we got home. can't deny, i thought i would drop more after returning to very conservative eating...but i don't want to run right to hhcg. i will just keep on keeping on. i want to learn how to correct naturally, so that's where i am now....learning...
Old 09-27-2012, 07:36 AM   #385
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sheri81428
WOE: LC
Start Date: January 2003
Hello all - I'm trying to find a forum to find and give support that's as close to my WOE. The No S, is the closest one I can find, so I hope I fit in with you all. I've been eating LC since '03 and had lost 45lbs back then. I had read all the LC books and came up with my own plan (which is why I am having a hard time finding out which forum to join in). The No S Diet, seems to fit most closely with me.

Back on '03 after reading all those LC books, I decided that I didn't want to have to count anything-ever. So I adopted WOE, no bread, no potatoes, no pasta, no sweets and no deep fried. After having put on too many pounds, I found that I had to add no beer.

On August 27, I made a commitment back to this WOE and have taken off 10lbs with another 20 and ideally 30 to go. To introduce myself, I'm 54 years young, 5'4", currently 150 and living in Colorado.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
sheri81428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:52 AM   #386
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Sheri Welcome!
I took a bit of a No S break to do a HCG round but am ready to get back too. Our stats are very much alike. I'm too am 54 and like to think of myself on the young side I'm 5"1-1/2", 131ish and hoping to be more 120ish. I've done LC off & on for the last several years and the last year or so a few HCG rounds. I would really like to move away for the "D" iet world and move more to the "L" ifestyle world. I have no trouble with the LC lifestyle as a whole. I know it contributes to a longer, healthy life. I very much want to include fruit in my diet, low glycemic is fine and the occasional whole grain would be nice. I do have issue with the sweet tooth sirens calling me from time to time but have been working on taming them with health LC alternatives.

So what do ya say Girls? Ready to revive this thread?
Old 09-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #387
Junior LCF Member

Terri, thanks for the welcome.

I tried the HCG because a friend of mine was trying it. She was able to do a full round and lost but has since gained it all back and then some. When I tried it, I only lasted 4 days and said forget it, I was so dang hungry. I'm sure we had some stuff that wasn't pure and working and my friend just toughed it out.

I'm so tired of going up and down and hope that I've finally figured out enough alternatives that it won't happen again. I don't really struggle with food anymore, but my issue was more having that beer, or two or three with the hubby at night (no, not an alcoholic, but I do like beer). I've made a change to vodka and water when I want a drink and that has really made a difference because of there not being any carbs. While in weight loss mode, it's minimal drinks because the weight comes off so much quicker.

Looking forward to talking with you Terri and the others that revive this thread :-)
Old 09-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #388
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yep, let's revive it, missy!

as far as no-s goes for me...i have NO issue with 3 meals a day -- easy peasy. NO issue with no snacks, no seconds, no sweets on N days -- easy peasy. MY issue comes with portion. even within the one plate per meal, i feel i can do better. i *know* i don't NEED that much, but dang it, it just TASTES GOOD!! also, my S days are not too bad, but sometimes on saturday i get to grazing in the middle of the afternoon, and that's simply not necessary.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #389
Junior LCF Member

I figure if I combine the NO S with LC, I should have a winner The no seconds is what I will have to concentrate on with NO S.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:07 PM   #390
Junior LCF Member

I meant to ask... did you buy the No S book? or just read what was on their website? It seems rather simplistic so wondering if there is any need to buy the book.