Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 07:48 AM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
i read that post in your thread over there, nicole. it is a great one!

what really made me about the scale is dh's comment last night before bed and then i weigh this morning and see that higher number....clearly it doesn't tell the whole story and it only serves to cause bummer feelings. i do think that for the time being (we'll say a month to start) i am done with the scale. honestly , the mirror and my clothes tell just as much as the scale. so that's how i will monitor for now.
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #332
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/140.5/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Sorry for the bump Bud As much as we know about the exercise bump, water bloat and the importance of non-scale visuals, the number on the scale can still be disheartening. Remember Erin's (RileyWorm) 10# difference. You know which picture you want to be! I think what you and I both need to come to grips with is this plan is the path to scale freedom. We either buy in or not. Itís like low carbing, but not giving up Oatmeal because itís good for you. You canít succeed doing both. From now on, at least until you get back from vacation, why donít you try focusing on the habits (both food and exercise) and let yourself believe. Maybe our choices could be a little more refined, but letís not rogue it out to the point that the foundation is eroded. If you will, I will. You can't buy that hug comment, that's really what it's all about.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:01 AM   #333
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Get out of my head!
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:00 AM   #334
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Get out of my head!

Interesting you all are talking about scales because I was tempted to weigh this morning. The weights at the gym have caused me to be aware of every muscle in my body and inside, I feel great. So I expect to have that same validation in the mirror and on the scale. But I know when I weigh and get a bad number, it ruins my day.

My sister who also struggles with her weight actually gave her scale away! I won't go that far but I do like the idea of weighing no more than once a week. If I'm feeling strong on Saturday morning, I might not weigh until the following Saturday, which is September 1. That will give me two weeks of gym results.

The weather here has turned amazing and I know that summer is on its way out! I was wondering if this day would ever come. Now my windows are all open, the breeze is blowing gently through the house and the birds are chirping. At night I listen to the crickets and peepers and whatever else is "out there."

The town Fair is this weekend and I'm PSYCHED! Saturday is my S Day Extraordinaire! Sunday I will just treat as an N day.

Sending hugs and love out to all my No S buddies! Have a lovely day.

I have come to the decision that there is no such thing as a destination.

My Journal.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:00 AM   #335
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Get out of my head!

I am so thankful for your wisdom, bud ...
Old 08-23-2012, 09:03 AM   #336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

posting at the same time, Cheryl...enjoy the fair!! woohoo!
Old 08-23-2012, 09:05 AM   #337
Big Yapper!

I know; I saw that you posted. Terri does have some good wisdom to offer us all.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #338
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post

Interesting you all are talking about scales because I was tempted to weigh this morning. The weights at the gym have caused me to be aware of every muscle in my body and inside, I feel great. So I expect to have that same validation in the mirror and on the scale. But I know when I weigh and get a bad number, it ruins my day.

My sister who also struggles with her weight actually gave her scale away! I won't go that far but I do like the idea of weighing no more than once a week. If I'm feeling strong on Saturday morning, I might not weigh until the following Saturday, which is September 1. That will give me two weeks of gym results.

The weather here has turned amazing and I know that summer is on its way out! I was wondering if this day would ever come. Now my windows are all open, the breeze is blowing gently through the house and the birds are chirping. At night I listen to the crickets and peepers and whatever else is "out there."

The town Fair is this weekend and I'm PSYCHED! Saturday is my S Day Extraordinaire! Sunday I will just treat as an N day.

Sending hugs and love out to all my No S buddies! Have a lovely day.
Loved your post Cheryl! I could feel the breezes, here the chirps and smell the fair tacos as you spoke Have a wonderful time! I think I will live vicariously through you this weekend. Then I'll jump over to Dazy's life and head up to Alaska
Old 08-23-2012, 03:22 PM   #339
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Loved your post Cheryl! I could feel the breezes, here the chirps and smell the fair tacos as you spoke Have a wonderful time! I think I will live vicariously through you this weekend. Then I'll jump over to Dazy's life and head up to Alaska
Mind if I join you both in Alaska? I want to tag along for that one, too!

No "Fair Tacos" in CT but they have just about everything else. They have particularly wonderful fried/battered fish and chips. I'm sure we'll be having some of those, and I can't go to a fair without eating a fried dough pizza. That ought'a do me. I won't be buying beer so I should have enough money (just barely) to do all that. I'll just sit and watch my sister and mother play bingo.

Dazy, when do you leave for that cruise? Please keep reminding us because I am very forgetful about some things.

I went to the gym today and did 20 minutes on the recumbent bike, 20 minutes on the elliptical and then did 2 sets of the full Nautilus circuit. Only took about an hour, but I didn't time myself. Not bad for my first week back at the gym! Tomorrow I'll do the pool but not the Aqua Zumba class. This week is a bit messed-up so I want to just do a relaxing swim tomorrow then try and get on the new gym plan. I'll get it figured out eventually! And the Fair is messing with my gym plans a bit, too.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #340
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

would love you ladies to join me.

cheryl we leave a week from yesterday (aug 30)!
Old 08-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #341
Big Yapper!

Wow. Will put the date down so I remember to pray for your safe trip. We want pics when you come home! How's Noah's head of hair coming in? He must have quite a lot of hair by now. Is he excited?
Old 08-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #342
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Why, ask and you shall see... Yes he's very excited!

Last edited by dazygyrl; 08-23-2012 at 06:29 PM..
Old 08-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Nicole T
Stats: 193/189/170
WOE: hCG/Paleo
Start Date: 10/7/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
Why, ask and you shall see... Yes he's very excited!

It is AMAZING how much the bottom half of his face is yours to a T! (and that's a good thing with those lips
Nicole T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #344
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Nicole...that is one thing they can't escape....LIPS! From dh and I both! Lol....
Old 08-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #345
Big Yapper!

Right on! Looking pretty dang handsome, there Noah! Thanks for posting those pics of your precious son.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #346
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Noah! Looking good fella!!
Old 08-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #347
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LauraAnn
Stats: 271/189/150
WOE: WLS - NoS
Start Date: 02/01/08
What a gorgeous son...just like his mommy!
LauraAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:23 AM   #348
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning All!
Weigh in Friday, down .60. This makes me .70 above LDW for two weeks. Considering Iíve been working out every N day, this makes me extra happy.

Last night I made the loveliest French Dips for dinner while we enjoyed California whip Texas in the Little League championships. Just canít say how wonderful it is to live again.

Hope everyone has a very blessed day!
Old 08-24-2012, 06:38 AM   #349
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

whoop, whoop!! way to go, bud!!

what all do you do for exercise?
Old 08-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #350
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

When I do 14 minutes it's usually my lift and squat combo routine. When I do 20-30 minutes it's usually Pilates tapes.

How was your lunch yesterday?
Old 08-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #351
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

it was good. ate at a place that cooks fire baked pizza. personal sized pizzas. his oven sits outside and you can go inside his building to sit and eat. quite unique and tasty!
Old 08-24-2012, 08:57 AM   #352
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

my exercise consists of 10 m in power treadmilling and 10 min weights. just enough for me.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:23 AM   #353
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LauraAnn
Stats: 271/189/150
WOE: WLS - NoS
Start Date: 02/01/08
You guys are all doing well! So glad to see you're being patient...unlike me. LOL

But you've all inspired me to acceptance...especially, you, Nicole. I'm sending back the size 12 and ordering the 16. Cannot tell you what a a relief I feel. I'm 54, postmenopausal and used to be a size 28...you'd think I'd be walking on air that I'm going to be wearing a size 16. But in typical woman fashion, I'm never satisfied. LOL

Loved hearing about the breezes in CT and "fair tacos". Can't wait for Texas to have cool breezes.

Congrats Terri for hanging in there. My apologies if I got you off track the other day with my LC talk. I did one whole day of it and consumed about 800 cals. The next day I was unbelievably hungry...like cannot control it kind of hunger. All shaky and stuff. Hate that feeling.

I'm off now for the weekend. Going to clean house with the air on and pretend it's cool breezes!

Have a great weekend everyone! Thanks for letting me chime in and post with you guys.
LauraAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #354
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraAnn View Post
You guys are all doing well! So glad to see you're being patient...unlike me. LOL

But you've all inspired me to acceptance...especially, you, Nicole. I'm sending back the size 12 and ordering the 16. Cannot tell you what a a relief I feel. I'm 54, postmenopausal and used to be a size 28...you'd think I'd be walking on air that I'm going to be wearing a size 16. But in typical woman fashion, I'm never satisfied. LOL

Loved hearing about the breezes in CT and "fair tacos". Can't wait for Texas to have cool breezes.

Congrats Terri for hanging in there. My apologies if I got you off track the other day with my LC talk. I did one whole day of it and consumed about 800 cals. The next day I was unbelievably hungry...like cannot control it kind of hunger. All shaky and stuff. Hate that feeling.

I'm off now for the weekend. Going to clean house with the air on and pretend it's cool breezes!

Have a great weekend everyone! Thanks for letting me chime in and post with you guys.
No Laura, you didn't get me off track at all, quite the opposite. You encouraged me to just let the plan work like it's supposed to and it is. I just generally eat low carb "ish" because I feel better. However I'm not stressing or counting anything now, just living! And please don't feel like a visitor with us, we're all family, that just how we are, you're just our newest addition
Old 08-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #355
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
my exercise consists of 10 m in power treadmilling and 10 min weights. just enough for me.
You're doing great! Keep in mind I've been exercising off and on for a while now so I'm probably not seeing the exercise bump you are (I'm sitting on it ). Pretty soon when you start feeling your strength and posture improve and toning become evident, you'll realize how meaningless that little bump is
Old 08-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #356
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraAnn View Post

Glad my "cool breeze" story made an impression on you ladies! I'm tempted to remove the window a/c units, but I'm going to hold-off on that a little while longer. Just in case.

I just found out that my sister and mother are only going to be at the fair for a few hours tomorrow. I'll be alone most of the time, if I stay as long as I planned to. That totally SUCKS. I feel like I'm not going to get my money's worth if I don't stick around to see the sun go down and the carnival rides light up.

I just texted a friend from my old neighborhood to see if she was going but they just returned from NJ and she is tired. Not going.

Going to go to the gym now and swim for a while. Don't feel like it, but that is the exercise I need the most: Just leaving the house and heading to the gym!
Old 08-26-2012, 12:55 PM   #357
Big Yapper!

I have some news. I went to the Fair yesterday after my weekly weigh-in. I wish I hadn't weighed because my entire day was tainted because of it. I didn't write the weight down in my book before leaving so I thought I lost 0.0 lbs for the week. When I got home and logged it in, I saw that I lost 0.6 lbs. Might as well have been 0 because I had hoped to find that I was out of the 190's.

I can't take this anymore. It's just way too slow for me. I am heading back to a 21 day round of rogue hhcg with my pellets. I have plenty of pellets left and I just HAVE to get down the scale. I can't stand being this fat once again. I feel so discouraged and mad and that is just the right mentality to have in order to make a successful hhcg round. I'm going in!

I'm loading today. Wish I had thought of it yesterday. It would have been the perfect day to load. Oh well! Today I load and tomorrow I load, then I do 21 days of P2 on pellets, followed by two days of VLC off pellets. I went and planned this all out on the calendar, the way I did when I first started my hhcg experience. I can do two short rounds of hhcg before the holidays and then be in P4 for the major holidays and see where I'm at by January. (I'll cycle between rounds and go off-P3 for just Thanksgiving day, then get back on P3 for another week.)

So, signing off this thread until that day comes. I hope you all have some amazing results on No S. It was nice while it lasted but it's not getting me to where I want to be. I just can't take the slow pace. I'm willing to suck-it-up and get it done, once again. Hugs and love to all! Hope to see you on the other threads I'm on. Would hate to lose touch for that many months. If I don't see you around, I'll pop in to say hello. I promise!

Last edited by CherylB; 08-26-2012 at 12:57 PM..
Old 08-26-2012, 02:35 PM   #358
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good luck, cheryl... have a great round. you'll be back in no time!
Old 08-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #359
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Carrie. I'll be checking in on you ladies! May you get the results you hope for.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:29 PM   #360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great Luck Cheryl! I know you'll do great! This is an incredible plan for maintenance but it is torturously slow for losses. Although I haven't weighed in everyday as required on P3, I've stayed in my window for 2-1/2 painless weeks. So keep this in mind when you get there. Please check in with us and let us know how it's going. We'll be cheering for you.