Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 09:01 AM   #271
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
The losses on No S are sssssssssssllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooo owwwwwww! But the plan is so rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddddddd! Patience definitely required.

I feel very impatient, myself. I'm even toying with the idea of starting to take my hhcg pellets while doing the No S plan, just to see if it speeds things along a bit. I don't want to go there, though.

Then I think of not eating sandwiches, but then I start to feel like I'm "dieting" again. I don't want to complicate this or make it punitive, as (I think) Dazy said a while back.

What I need to do is eat more regularly and stop all this unintentional intermittent fasting. On that note, I'm going to go make lunch. Have a wonderful final N day for the week!
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
yes...slow losses is right, cheryl...BUT at this point, i am willing to take slow if that means freedom from dieting, obsession, etc.

enjoy your lunch!

so i just did my 20 min of moving...and the way i feel right now is why i haven't made exercise a habit in the past. i just feel weird...spacey, shakey...i don't like it...i ate about an hour and half before i exercised and drank before and after...so what makes me feel this way? i felt perfectly fine before i exercised.
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/141.3/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Did you over do it Bud? What kind of exercise did you do? I sometimes feel that way after lifting if I go hard at it, but it shouldn't last. Maybe you need some salt.
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #274
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
The losses on No S are sssssssssssllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooo owwwwwww! But the plan is so rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddddddd! Patience definitely required.

I feel very impatient, myself. I'm even toying with the idea of starting to take my hhcg pellets while doing the No S plan, just to see if it speeds things along a bit. I don't want to go there, though.

Then I think of not eating sandwiches, but then I start to feel like I'm "dieting" again. I don't want to complicate this or make it punitive, as (I think) Dazy said a while back.

What I need to do is eat more regularly and stop all this unintentional intermittent fasting. On that note, I'm going to go make lunch. Have a wonderful final N day for the week!
I'm hearing you! 4 days and nada. But at least I didn't gain and I was free. Hope next Friday, after a full week will show something.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:08 AM   #275
Big Yapper!

I'm sure it will, Terri. I'm sure that all of us will see that we are getting results a week from now.

I made a fruit plate for my lunch! I was going to have a peach among the other things but after taking one bite, I decided against it. I hate stringy peaches. I like the kind that stay firm and just explode with juice when you bite into them. I'm guessing New Jersey Peaches are not for me.

But I had a banana, a kiwi and an orange. It was a lovely lunch! And I'm sipping on my first iced coffee of the day. I feel good that I ate at a typical meatime, rather than just waiting until I was hungry. I think it's a good idea to feed your body regularly.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Did you over do it Bud? What kind of exercise did you do? I sometimes feel that way after lifting if I go hard at it, but it shouldn't last. Maybe you need some salt.
all i did was the treadmill...brief warm up...3 min at a faster pace with a very slight incline....the 2 min at a slower pace, but much steeper incline....then 8 min at a slightly faster pace but reduced incline....then 2 more min of a slower pace, steep incline....then a slower cool down. 20 min total.

i do feel better now...i waited for about an hour to each lunch...just finished.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #277
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

If it happens again, pour a little salt in your hand and pop it in your mouth or drink a cup of regular chicken broth (not low sodium) Believe it or not, that will usually take care of it. I learned that from the New Atkins book.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #278
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I will try that. wonder too if it's just the fact the I'm not used to it. 4 days in a row. will take a 2 day break.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #279
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
yes...slow losses is right, cheryl...BUT at this point, i am willing to take slow if that means freedom from dieting, obsession, etc.

enjoy your lunch!

so i just did my 20 min of moving...and the way i feel right now is why i haven't made exercise a habit in the past. i just feel weird...spacey, shakey...i don't like it...i ate about an hour and half before i exercised and drank before and after...so what makes me feel this way? i felt perfectly fine before i exercised.
I'm sorry. I missed this post for some reason. I'm sorry you felt so nasty after exercising. I find that dehydration is usually the cause for feeling like that. I drink water like a fish. It sometimes makes me wonder if I have Diabetes Insipidus. I should look that up and refresh my memory on that disease. I don't really have an unquenchable thirst, but I just drink and drink and drink. (Probably why when I'm drinking, I consume too much. I do the same thing with non-alcoholic drinks, too.)

Maybe try eating before exercise next time, and drink two big glasses of nice, cold water with your meal. (I'm sorry. My mind is off-kilter today. I keep saying stupid things. I see now that you did eat and drink before.) Then about 20-30 minutes later, do your 20 minutes of exercise. It really could be anything. It's like that old, tired joke: "Dr, it hurts when I do this." And he says, "Then don't do that!" (yuck, yuck, yuck.) Keep trying something different until you figure it out.

My lunch was nice. I think the healthy, clean meals will help keep my metabolism from tanking (as long fasting periods can do) and won't send my daily calories over the top. I haven't been counting calories at all but I think I might start tracking stuff on ****** again. I have no clue how much I'm consuming. That's not working all that well for me. Maybe I'll just do that, for awareness' sake.

Last edited by CherylB; 08-17-2012 at 01:20 PM..
Old 08-20-2012, 06:20 AM   #280
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Nicole T
Stats: 193/189/170
WOE: hCG/Paleo
Start Date: 10/7/13
Weekend Update

Weekend update Had my first full weekend of S meals and I have to say that I feel HUGE today! I don't feel like I went too crazy but I guess the freedom to eat whatever made me feel guilty Guess that's just part of the letting-go process of all our old engrained diet messages! Haven't weighed myself but I feel a tad bigger than before. But, I think part of what Reinhardt talks about is accepting that your true "happy" weight for your body may be a bit more than your vanity weight that we may have reached for as our goal with hcg. I just have to accept that if I want to live without the shackles of constant food obsession, I might end up a healthy size 14 instead of a skinny size 12 (I know that sounds funny but I really am quite thin when I am in a size 12).

I did walk both Saturday and Sunday for about 35 minutes. I think for my mental health, it makes sense to walk on my S days so I don't feel too lazy or indulgent. So I'll probably aim for walking on Sat and Sun and two other times during the week.

Here was my food journal for the weekend:

8/18- Green Day
• 3 almond flour pancakes, coffee with coconut creamer
• roast beef, avocado and muenster cheese in a brown rice wrap, potato chips, half of a gluten free vanilla cupcake
• rib eye steak, ˝ baked potato with sour cream, cheese and bacon and green beans, rice krispy treat for dessert

8/19- Half a Green Day (other half started Friday evening)
• 1/2 an omelet (it was a 4 egg omelet!) with tomatoes, onion, mushrooms and provolone, 1 piece of scrapple, 1 piece of French toast made with Challah bread, coffee with cream
• chicken salad with sweet potato tortilla chips, ˝ gluten free chocolate chip cookie
• grilled chicken breast with avocado, tomato, bacon, pasta salad, glass of white wine
Old 08-20-2012, 06:25 AM   #281
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sounds good, nicole!

i had a busy weekend so was glad it was the weekend. had friends over friday night (hence, starting s-day on friday evening), a wedding and recpetion on sat, and a potluck at church on sunday (back to n-day sunday afternoon)!! i feel i did ok...def more food than on n-days, but guilt free!
Old 08-20-2012, 06:40 AM   #282
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
sounds good, nicole!

i had a busy weekend so was glad it was the weekend. had friends over friday night (hence, starting s-day on friday evening), a wedding and recpetion on sat, and a potluck at church on sunday (back to n-day sunday afternoon)!! i feel i did ok...def more food than on n-days, but guilt free!
Hopefully I can reach your "guilt-free" status soon! LOL I still felt like I was being the food police with my S days to some extent. Guess I've been SO conscious of what I put in my mouth for the past 2 years that it's not something that just goes away at the drop of a hat.
Nicole T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:57 AM   #283
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well I tried the Friday/Saturday S day. I just couldn't buy into the 48 hour concept. N day Sunday was just too hard with a snacky DH at home. I haven't bought into the no guilt thing completely. Jumped on the scale today to see if my virtue on Sunday paid off I've been lapsing into daily weigh in again. Stopping today! Fridays only. I really didn't go crazy this weekend but the weight is definitely up. I've been thinking about the healthy weight vs. vanity weight too Nicole. All the BMI sites tell me that my "vanity weight" is just in the healthy weight zone, but it's sure a struggle to get and stay there.

Mornin' Bud! What do you think about the 48 hour deal? Will you continue with that?
Old 08-20-2012, 07:33 AM   #284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good morning! sorry your scale was unkind, bud...

ok, e'splain what your not buying about the 48 hr thing? if we stick to 7am sat - 7am mon...is that not 48hrs? so, how is that different than 5pm friday - 2-3pm sunday afternoon (this is actually slightly less than 48hrs)? that's what i did this weekend and it worked great! i was ready to get back to n-day by mid afternoon sunday.

i do always feel a bit more 'poofy' monday morning, but i know it's mostly water and that sticking to n-days, i will be fine! and drinking lots, too...i have gotten bad about that again...need to do better with fluids.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:37 AM   #285
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
good morning! sorry your scale was unkind, bud...

ok, e'splain what your not buying about the 48 hr thing? if we stick to 7am sat - 7am mon...is that not 48hrs? so, how is that different than 5pm friday - 2-3pm sunday afternoon (this is actually slightly less than 48hrs)? that's what i did this weekend and it worked great! i was ready to get back to n-day by mid afternoon sunday.

i do always feel a bit more 'poofy' monday morning, but i know it's mostly water and that sticking to n-days, i will be fine! and drinking lots, too...i have gotten bad about that again...need to do better with fluids.
I really liked the Friday evening-Sunday afternoon plan! By Friday night I am more than ready to loosen the reigns a bit so it works well. Plus, my boys usually have pizza night that night so it helps that I can indulge right along with them
Old 08-20-2012, 07:40 AM   #286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yea, i def enjoyed it too, nicole!
Old 08-20-2012, 08:21 AM   #287
Major LCF Poster!

This is an amazing gluten-free breakfast that will keep you full for HOURS! I'm eating one as I type French Toast Buckwheat Bake!

edible perspective - Home - and so it*continues
Old 08-20-2012, 08:58 AM   #288
Big Yapper!

Y'all are forgetting the "sometimes" part of this plan, which is very important. "Sometimes" on S days, sick days and special days. Not 48 hours each weekend. We need to pick and choose how to celebrate an S day, and what portion of that day will be considered an S day, etc. Don't you agree?
Old 08-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #289
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Y'all are forgetting the "sometimes" part of this plan, which is very important. "Sometimes" on S days, sick days and special days. Not 48 hours each weekend. We need to pick and choose how to celebrate an S day, and what portion of that day will be considered an S day, etc. Don't you agree?
Yes, I agree 100% Cheryl! Most of my meals on my S days were fairly legal with a few treats thrown in (mostly a gluten free cupcake and some gluten free chocolate chip cookies). I still never snacked and never had seconds. And although it's not necessarily considered a cheat, I ate potato chips with my sandwiches as a treat since I wouldn't usually do that on a green day. So I see my S days as more of loosening the reigns as opposed to a full-out pig fest
Old 08-20-2012, 09:32 AM   #290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
i agree, the 48hrs shouldn't be a free for all, BUT if it needs to be for whatever reason, it CAN be. BUT only in those allotted 48 hrs. i'm not going to deny there are times i feel like i need the unabashed 'permission' to graze all day and eat whatever i want....i think that's how i got into this obsessive mess to begin with. i restricted myself right into disordered eating/thinking by making all things 'not healthy' out of reach for the sake of physical health, when i reality, it damaged my mental health to a degree ... and you know what? having a donut one morning a week is NOT going to end my life...and KNOWING that one morning a week i CAN have a donut is more than freeing enough to keep me on track the other 5 n-days a week. is that childish.... but i do know that FOR ME, just knowing that i can (eventually), helps me to NOT obsess. and it's freedom from obsession that i want and need right now. i hope i am not talking in circles, but it's hard to explain in type what no-s has done for me.

Last edited by dazygyrl; 08-20-2012 at 09:33 AM..
Old 08-20-2012, 10:15 AM   #291
Big Yapper!

Dazy, that is the first time I've ever seen you capitalize a letter.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #292
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay, I am obviously still obsessing. That is my problem. I still can't completely accept this I guess. I feel like that's all I did yesterday was be virtuous and obsess Part of it is, it is kind of a free for all with me that I need to correct. I vow to do better next weekend with emphasis on Sometimes. You are right Bud, sanity is what's going to make this whole thing work.

I need to do more like you Nicole and let the treats be more nutrition friendly. Brownies are not and never will be my friend. And although I do not need to banish them from my life, neither do I need them every weekend. Aside from the fact that they make me feel lousy.

Thanks for all your support and sanity, onward and upward.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm sorry, bud...I hope I didn't come across as condecending...I was simply sharing what's going on in my head.

Last edited by dazygyrl; 08-20-2012 at 11:01 AM..
Old 08-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Actually I felt like I was coming across as the "holier than thou" which I didn't mean it that way, just couldn't let myself go there. I hope you know how much I value what's going on in your head and couldn't wait to see what you thought about it in the rear view. Admittedly I'm a little befuddled at the moment, wanting desperately for this to work and scared to death it won't. I've talked DH into giving it a try, but I'm not sure he'll really commit and then will want to try HCG again.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm sorry you're feeling befuddled. :/ what do you think is causing that? for now, I need to accept slower than slow losses for the sake of normalcy, ya know....guess I'm just done fighting.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #296
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Slow losses I can totally handle, gains not so much. I know I need to just relax and give it a little time, but I'm higher then I was last Monday by two pounds and this is the official end of week one. And yesterday was even an N Day. So I'm not going to weigh in again till Friday and try to stop wiggin' out. If it stays at the +2 and then works down from there I can even call it exercise bump, so Friday will tell the tale.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #297
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

By the way, I really like the new Avi!
Old 08-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Dazy, that is the first time I've ever seen you capitalize a letter.
(where's that butt wagging smiley when you need it.... )
Old 08-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #299
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
By the way, I really like the new Avi!
why, thank you! we took that sitting at the wedding reception saturday.

i hope you can relax into the freedom that comes from no-s. and that friday brings you happy news.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #300
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I want a butt waggin' smiley!