Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lizkaye
Stats: Start: 185 lbs (5'5") Goal: 145
WOE: Metabolism Miracle
Start Date: June 29, 2012
Metabolism Miracle Support

Hello MM users!

I've only come across one other person who is actively using this diet at this time, so I am hoping to connect with folks like me...people who are early on in this diet or those who have succeeded.

I am already feeling more energetic, but I miss fresh fruit (heck, even dried) SO badly. Why did I start this in the summer??? I'd kill for some watermelon right now!

I would like to give support (and receive the same) to people on this specific diet. I know it is similar to Atkins, but there are some major differences and I don't want to mess up!

Anyone care to join me?

Liz

P.S. I recently had to see a surgeon (long story, but it was due to digestive problems). He gave me a prescription...three tablespoons of raw oat bran daily. He told me that if I took it faithfully (in yogurt, cereal, milk) I'd have a totally normal digestive tract within six months. Well, I tell you, it worked in far less time than that. You have to make sure to boost your fluid intake because it is 100% fibre. I actually asked Diane Kress about it on her FB page, and she said there were no problems with my using it, even on stage one. Now, because of the MM restrictions, I've had to modify my usage of it. I used to put it in a bowl and mix with almond milk and then top with a banana and either blueberries (ooh...mouth is drooling at the thought of fruit) and stir it up. Kind of like a cold, fruity, sweet oatmeal. Now I do the same, minus the fruit with a packet of Truvia. Not quite the same, but not too horrible. I make sure to get some protein in too...but I am struggling with that because I cannot stomach meat and such in the morning. So far, it's been either almonds or peanut butter. OK...have rambled enough. Hope everyone is staying as cool as they can on yet another scorching day!
lizkaye is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2012, 08:33 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/217/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: April 2012
I am not familiar with your plan, but
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: moonsie
Stats: 210/200
WOE: The Metabolism Miracle Diet
Start Date: July 2012
Hi Liz,

I started this same diet on July 1, 2012. I am needing support and guidance too. Looks like you and I will have to depend on each other being no one else seems to know about this particular diet. I will be more than happy to communicate with you about my progress. I believe it is going to work- and like you- I love watermelon. This is really the only fruit I crave year round. I am now on day 3 of the diet. I haven't had many cravings nor have I experienced any of the side affects mentioned in the book. When I do have a sweet tooth, I eat sugar-free gelatin or drink a cup of decaf coffee w/ splenda & don't forget you can have green tea. I also add a little splenda to it. I hope this little bit helps.

Moonsie
moonsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lizkaye
Stats: Start: 185 lbs (5'5") Goal: 145
Start Date: June 29, 2012
Blew it!

Hi Moonsie,

Sorry I didn't reply to your post until now. I've been rather busy of late and just haven't sat down to check out the site.

Nice to see someone else using the MM diet! Have to admit, I blew it big time for several days in a row, so now I have to start all over again. Blah!

How are you doing on the diet? I hope you got further along than I did.

Think my biggest issue with the plan is the unhealthy eating for the first 8 weeks. Yes, I know...it's "temporary", but when I check out the recipes I see that there are so many substitutes for what we normally would eat. Want fruit? Eat sugar free jello (have you ever checked the label to see what's in that...icky)! And so many eggs! Eggs in everything! I have it so ingrained in my head that artificial colours/sweeteners/flavours/cholesterol are bad for you...hard to wrap my head around this diet!

Have had trouble with anxiety my whole life, and this got a lot worse on the diet.

Excuses, excuses!

Please tell me that you are doing well on this!

Liz
lizkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:05 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dee744
Stats: 8-11-180/12-11-159.5/140
WOE: WW/LC
Start Date: Jan 08
My DH recently became diabetic and I just ordered the Diabetic miracle to take a look see at. Have not got it yet but did notice here forum site is a pay to join think I will get the book first. But glad to see some support here.
Dee744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CoCo
Stats: Ex: 175/157/135
WOE: QWL
Start Date: June 11th 2012
Hi, I am reading the book now and I do plan on doing this diet.
I hope we can get more people to join in.
I'll be checking back in.
CoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:54 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Got it read and joined the miracleville forum for a month and got a lot of questions answered. Yes you can have fruit it just must meet the 5 carb rule, so micro portions. I don't see it being unhealthy in the beginning , you can choose to eat clean like Atkins, and yes lots of eggs just like Atkins. You just have to have eat every 4-5 hours to keep sugars levels in check. You do NOT have to eat the 5 carb counter if you choose.

I love the fact that we can have bread and I checked with Diane about fudge Carbsmart bars and she said yes, so I am good if I can have some real bread and ice cream!

DH and myself need to lose about 30 lb, but for now it is more about getting our BS level and under control. And I see it as something that is much more livable than Atkins as we have done it several times but can't stay on it long term. I have not started it yet as getting the WW carbs out of the house. Found out WW is not for pre diabetics, wow talk about sugar spikes and SLOW weight loss for starving.
Hoping this is a good WOE for all of us and we can get a good group going here.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RandR
I'm in - though I'm on at miracle-ville.com most of the time. It's worth its weight in gold to me, since I just started Step 1 on July 15th. Tore through the book and had so many questions. I love the site because we have access with the Miracle Lady, Diane, herself. Are you active at her site? They have GREAT recipes listed for the three different steps and it's an upbeat group who you can turn to for support. They even have an exercise group - to be sure we stay motivated and can log in so we stay committed.

I look forward to learning from all of you, too, and hearing about your success stories.

Here's my story:

I don't know where to begin, it's been such a roller coaster ride and not a fun one. I had never been overweight and always an athlete and then I started gaining weight - even though if anything, I'm an under eater. I've always exercised and my tried and true methods just weren't working any more. Over the last 10 years, I've tried everything but the success was short-lived and the weight crept back up.

Diagnosed as a 'borderline' diabetic, I watched my sugar intake so closely. Then the doctor called at the end of June to say the glucose level had risen to 135 and I needed to take medicine. As a health fanatic, I'm not a fan of Western medicine except and try to use alternatives wherever possible. I opted not to take it as one caution was that the meds could cause........a heart attack! Always thought that the cure was worse than the disease.

A week or so later, my husband saw an article in the paper about The Diabetes Miracle and I came over to amazon.com and bought this book along with her marvelous cook book. My life hasn't been the same since starting this three step plan. I couldn't believe what I was reading - here was a woman who had experienced the very same things I had. None of the doctors that I saw ever put it together and none of them told me that a pre-diabetic diagnosis was reversible but type 2 diabetes isn't. As I read the book, I reflected back over the years and remembered that it was 10 years ago my blood pressure was high. Then I had trouble swallowing and for the last 3 or 4 years, been using eye drops like it was going out of style for watery eyes and then came the blurry vision. Diane's book nearly brought tears to my eyes as I read that all of these symptoms I had was my body trying to talk to me.....and I didn't hear what it was saying to me. Having been a vegan for 34 years, I never understood how I could have high cholesterol readings and the triglycerides were over the moon.

I started on her Step 1 on July 15, 2012 and today is August 13 2012. I switched exercises, now using kettle bells for 30 minutes and walking for a mile - 5 days a week. Following Diane's formula to a T, I have lost 24 pounds. I have no cravings, can swallow and haven't used eye drops once and have not had blurry vision.

Diane Kress' book should be mandatory reading for anyone who has a history of diabetes in their family - as well as physicians. If they were better informed, they could actually prevent the onset of type 2 diabetes. Diane also has a wonderful exclusive web site for The Metabolism Miracle lifestyle.
RandR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:02 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Welcome RandR, yes I am on Dianes board it is so nice to be able to ask questions. I just joined this week and have not yet started the plan, still cleaning out carbs and digesting the plan. You have done very well and it is very inspiring to hear good results. Looking forward to getting going.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RandR
Thank you for that!

Great, look forward to seeing you at MM/DM - Diane's site.

Don't know why The MM/DM isn't shown on the side bar, other than as 'other plan' - do you?

I'm on her bandwagon. Is this site very active? Tried to follow the links to some of the recipes and they're not active.
RandR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Depends on the forum. Some are very active others not so much. I wish Dianes forum was more active but as new members join it will pick up I am deebird over there. Hope we pick up here to but may take some time.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:50 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cgwwilson
Stats: 218/184/135
WOE: The Metabolism Miracle
Start Date: March 2012
Fruit on MM

Hi Liz,

How are you doing on MM? Just wanted to make sure you know that small quantities of fruit (net carb 5gr. or less) has been OK'd for step one. (1/3 of a medium apple, 1/3 cup blueberries, 2 - 3 strawberries, etc.)
Not much, but sure does make step 1 more enjoyable!

I've been on the MM program since mid March. So far have lost 32 lbs of fat, 9 inches off my waist and 3 clothing sizes. (Plus my triglycerides dropped from 167 to 74 in 7 weeks). I love the program - so easy and no carb cravings!

Hope you're doing well.

Carolyn
cgwwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Welcome CG, you have done very well, I got started today. Yes the fruit is small but hey better than craving it! DH and me are sure hoping it helps us get our BS where they need to be.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:08 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Felina
Stats: 250/125/120
WOE: Atkins! HCG
Start Date: 7/3/11 Atkins, 12/11/11 hhcg, rxhcg
Hi everyone. I listened to Diane Kress on a couple of Podcasts called PCOS challenge.
Listening to her describe met B, makes me think that I probably have it. She explains everything so clearly.

My Dr. Is trying me on Metformin for a month, although I don't have an official diagnosis for either Diabetes or PCOS. Its just that I have most of the symptoms of PCOS. I'm hoping that the Metformin can get the scale to move down a little. So far I've been on A very low dose of it for the first week, so I haven't seen any difference from the medication.

I want to join you in the MM eating plan. I will have to wait until the end of September to start because I will be traveling during most of the month, and I know it's hard to stick to any plan when you must eat out everyday.

I will be checking in to see how everyone is doing and hope to be able to give and receive encouragement when I start the plan next month.
Felina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:49 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Felina, the plan is easy to follow and you might as well start learning it while traveling even if you don't actually start just to get your head around it.
I have Diabetes miracle and it is very comprehensive on the disease. I also picked up the cookbook which I feel makes the plan easier to understand. Yeah lets keep this thread active!
I am one week in and BS numbers are coming down.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
I ordered the DM book yesterday...will be joining in soon!
How's everyone doing?
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Terri D.
Stats: 203/198/145
I feel really good on this program and it is nice that my blood sugar levels aren't swinging so wildly. I am on my 6th week and I will be starting Step 2 the first on October. Yes, this is my first post. Glad to find a MM area here.
Terri D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Terri D.
Stats: 203/198/145
Felina, just wanted to say that we went on vacation and I found it was very easy to do the program out. But, I wouldn't try to learn the program on the road. That would be tough.
Terri D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:32 AM   #19
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Everafter
Start Date: 12/13/12
Hello,
I just joined LCFs this morning, hoping to get support and advice on the Metabolism Miracle. Indeed, I just started MM yesterday, and I believe this will work for me. I have a raging carb problem and am goind toward Diabetes if I can't turn this lifestyle around.
My name is Liz (as well), but you may call me Everafter so as to not confuse everyone on this thread.
I already have a question about MM. I don't see anywhere in Ms. Kress's book a mention, yea or nay, on the issue of lunchmeat. I find lunchmeat (deli) such as roasted turkey and chicken dogs extremely convenient with the hectic schedule I can have sometimes. Is consumptions of these salty meats okay? Is there a problem eating this food because of their chemical makeup (ie, preservatives, addictives, etc.)? I don't see anything of the mention of these meats, except she had mentioned ham, and bacon, so I guess eating the other deli type meats is a go? Somewhere I saw someone mention a quick meal of sliced cheese, asparagas, and slice turkey wrapped up to go. I wondered if this was delimeat turkey. Does anyone know about the use of delimeat on the MM? Appreciate a response. Thanks.
Everafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
I have the DM book but I think the basic steps are the same, at least, that is what she implies.

Deli meats are okay so long as there are no carb fillers (grain based).
Protein foods including cottage cheese are free in normal quantities....even though there may be carb counts include in the nutrition info.

Even nuts/PB are no counters but she does state reasonable quantity, as you will see in your book.

And for your counters there are some additions; fruit in 5g net serving which is a small amt....and really anthing that fits.
Even legumes which she originally had as a no no on step one can fit into your 5g counter in step 1.....and milk in the 5g quantity.

Yogurt is a counter.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:35 AM   #21
tjo
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tjo
Stats: 210/202/165
Start Date: 1/1/2013
Hello! Just finishing up week 3 of Metabolism Miracle. Love, love, love this. Down 8 lbs, and a few inches. Clothes are already feeling better and I do not feel deprived at all.

Favorite things about this? The ability to have low carb wraps so that I can have PB&J (sugar free), tacos, turkey wraps, etc. But, I also downloaded the MM cookbook and have loved some of the stuff in there. Absolutely favorite thing? We are allowed to have a glass of wine every day in Phase I if we want it - which I do.

I've lost all cravings - husband tried to feed me some chocolate cupcake last night and I actually declined. I've tried WW, South Beach, calorie counting, Flat Belly, etc., and while they worked in my 20s, my 30s totally changed my metabolism. MM just works for me, and I feel confident that I can stick with it!

Next challenge? Leaving for San Diego in a week for work...airport and conference food are my nemesis, but I'm going to buy individual bags of nuts and string cheese to keep in my purse during the day.

So happy to be here in low carb friends!
tjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigsaw
Stats: 252/191.5/180(mini goal) sz 24/18/?
WOE: Metabolism/Diabetes Miracle-step2
Start Date: 12/26/2012
Hi everyone, I started DM/MM with my husband right after Christmas. So far so good. Do not have much cravings for carb, really miss fruit though as well. I was Diagnosed with diabetes last year in August, I'm 43. I cut out most carbs at that time, but still ate fruit, veggies, and oats. Trying to reset my metabolism now. I really didn't lose much weight before, hoping this gets it going. My highest wt was 252. Most of my weight loss was due to the Diabetes, uncontrolled. Didn't know I had it but lost about 30 lbs in 6 weeks. Went to the doctor, A1C of 12. Last visit in November it was 6 I hope to get and give a lot of support on these boards, came here looking for a very low carb bread recipe for my husband, he misses sandwiches. See you around the boards
Jigsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pri17cess72
Stats: 180/in progress/130 5'5"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Re-start again October 21 2013
Hi Ladies.

I've been on some sort of LC diet for about 13 years with moderate results. This is the only woe that has worked the BEST for me!! Unfortunately I was diagnosed with an illness and the emotional eater in me reared its ugly head and I have put back on the weight I've lost over a year. So I'm back on MM! I think it's a fantastic woe and very easy to understand.

Anyone else still doing this?

Thanks ladies!

Ps I believe I'm illness free! Will know for sure on thur Feb 7!
Old 02-10-2013, 08:36 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Hi pri17cess72, I'm still doing this Hope you heard good news on the 7th. So far so good for me on MM. I'll be done with phase one on February 20th, then on 2 phase two. Can't wait to eat fruit again!
Old 02-12-2013, 04:02 PM   #25
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jessicaeprice
Start Date: February 2013
Hello Everyone,

1 week and 2 days into the metabolism miracle diet plan. My sister-in-law is a dietician and recommended this diet plan. She plans on doing it too but I recently moved out of state and am looking for support and ideas.
2012 was the worst year of my life.
I gave birth to my son December 2011.
In January of 2012 I had emergency surgery to remove my burst appendix.
In February of 2012 I lost my son unexpectedly to SIDS.
In June of 2012 I had my gallbladder removed.
I'm the heaviest I've ever been.
I'm trying to find happiness again and losing weight and becoming healthy is a step closer.
jessicaeprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Hi Jessica, I'm so sorry that you've had to go through so much. That is heartbreaking. But i'm so glad you are here, I think we can all use support on this journey. I've found that the most active place on the boards seems to be the main lobby. I guess there is something called the playground, but you have to have so many posts to get in there, I haven't seen it. I will try and support you as much as I can I'm on week 7, so far so good! The biggest advice I can give is to plan, plan, plan. I plan my meals for the week. On the weekends I make all my salads and put them in rubbermaid containers for work and breakfast items to take to work as well, I make the peanut butter cookies and so forth for snacks for my husband and me. I have jerky and cheese for snacks as well.
I am thankful that my husband is doing this with me, he is Met B, but not yet diabetic like me, we hope he is able to avoid it. again welcome!
Old 02-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
Hi Jessica, I'm so sorry that you've had to go through so much. That is heartbreaking. But i'm so glad you are here, I think we can all use support on this journey. I've found that the most active place on the boards seems to be the main lobby. I guess there is something called the playground, but you have to have so many posts to get in there, I haven't seen it. I will try and support you as much as I can I'm on week 7, so far so good! The biggest advice I can give is to plan, plan, plan. I plan my meals for the week. On the weekends I make all my salads and put them in rubbermaid containers for work and breakfast items to take to work as well, I make the peanut butter cookies and so forth for snacks for my husband and me. I have jerky and cheese for snacks as well.
I am thankful that my husband is doing this with me, he is Met B, but not yet diabetic like me, we hope he is able to avoid it. again welcome!

Thanks for the support.

I have plenty of time to plan meals and cook.

My husband wanted to go to Buffalo's for lunch and I caved. I had a small basket of BBQ chicken wings
I have the ebook and from my understanding I think as long as I don't fudge three times in a week I continue where I left off with step one. I do not plan on cheating on the diet. I find it easier to stick to it if I don't stray.

Congrats on 7 weeks!!!
Can you see any results yet?

Last edited by jessicaeprice; 02-13-2013 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: Grammar
Old 02-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

I can see results, as you can see from my stats, i've lost some weight, but it must look like more as everyone is commenting on how much weight i've lost since Christmas, and I've only lost 11.5 lbs. But she said it would look like more because it is all fat. My blood glucose is down, my morning readings are usually around 95-110 and my after meal reading are around 89-95, so that is good I think!
My Diabetes Miracle book must be a little different than your Metabolism Miracle book, mine said if I screw up once in a 5 hour period I have to add 3 days onto the end of my 8 weeks I do not want to do that! Good luck, check in and let me know how it is going!
Old 02-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #29
Junior LCF Member

Jigsaw,

I've been looking up amazing recipes and double checking the net carbs. Only 13 days into the diet, but staying strong and finding alternatives to favorite foods.
Hopefully these weeks will fly by lol.
Thanks for the help and I will keep you posted.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #30
Junior LCF Member

Anyone looking for a good walking app?

Downloaded the app RunnKeeper today on my iPhone.
Don't let the name fool you. You don't have to run to use it lol.

I use it to track my walks.
It keeps up with time spent, distance, pace, and my favorite calories burned. It even has audio that updates you on your time, pace, and calories during your walk. You can also use the app and listen to music at the same time. Best part is it's FREE!!!
You can also add and keep up with friends!