Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Day one went well. It was just nice to be on a plan avain.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 195/190.4/150
WOE: IF; 4:3/5:2
Start Date: November 16, 2014
Good going Cici! One day at a time!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Am down six pounds in three days. Have not been perfect but so very close.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:33 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

WOW!! Excellent Cici!!

I'm going to try to stay off the scale until January 1. I'm sticking strictly to plan, even thru a Christmas party last night at an Italian restaurant! The hardest part was resisting the dessert sampler plate that was served to everyone. A slice of cheesecake, a cannolli, and a cream puff. OY! I pushed it away and didn't touch it. Whew!

I know I'm down at least 8 lbs, so I'm quite happy. I'm hoping to be closer to 15 by January 1.

Keep up the great work Cici!
Old 12-08-2013, 02:25 AM   #125
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kittyclaw
Hi ladies,

I will be starting step 1 tomorrow. I did the MM about 3 years ago and lost 10kgs in the 8 weeks, I then abandoned the diet instead of going to step 2. It's the worst thing I could have ever done! Fast forward 3 years and I am back to the same weight as before I started step 1. It is the only 'diet' that has ever worked for me, but I have been reluctant to start because it is so restrictive for me. I am a lacto vegetarian so yes to dairy but no to fish, chicken, meat and eggs. But I am miserable at the weight I am and have been for some time. I am glad to find you ladies as I am unable to join the paid site as I live in South Africa and the exchange rate is too high for me to be able to join ($1=R10.50!). Hopefully you ladies can keep me motivated.
Kittyclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:46 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Hi Kitty & welcome!

Yes, this plan sure does work, but I can't imagine doing it without eating meat or eggs. Although...I eat lots of cheese and nuts(probably too much!) I don't eat soy because of thyroid issues, so that is out for me. I'm starting week 7 of step 1 tomorrow. I'm actually going to stay on Step 1 thru the end of the year and then begin Step 2 January 1. I'll give myself that extra week or so in case of any slip ups. I don't think I've had any so far, but Christmas is coming, which brings lots of parties etc.

I look forward to getting to know Kitty, and will do all I can to support you. I'll be here a long time, as I have at least 30 lbs to go!

Talk to you soon!
Old 12-08-2013, 03:01 AM   #127
Junior LCF Member

Hi Lori,
Good to meet you. Yes it is extremely difficult doing this without meat and eggs and that is why it has taken me so long to decide to do it again, but I have to as it is the only thing that works. I have about 30kgs to lose so far more than you do. Some might think I am mad to start so close to Xmas, but I gave to do something otherwise I am going to go into the new year ever fatter and more miserable.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:31 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Here we are at Monday again! Where do the weekends go?

I'm feeling "tubby" this morning although I stuck to plan all weekend. Not sure what that is about. I don't weigh myself, so I'm hoping it's just a feeling and not actual poundage!

I did a major closet purge yesterday and took 5 big bags of clothes to a donation box. I could have done more, but I thought that was a good start. Other than that, I didn't do much this weekend. Didn't even venture near my treadmill, even though it was mocking me all weekend!

Boot camp was cancelled this morning due to icy roads. I wasn't going to go anyway......not worth ending up in a ditch at 5:30AM!

Hard to believe I'm in Week 7 of Step 1!! I will be doing 9 weeks and 2 days so that Step 2 starts on Jan. 1. Just seemed like the thing to do and will take care of any unknown slips etc.

Pop in and let me know how you're doing!
Old 12-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #129
Junior LCF Member

Hey Lori,

We'll I wish I was as far as you. Step1 Day1 almost over. Not too bad. No major cravings or tiredness. Hope it stays that way.

It's so hot here that I just want to lie around and do nothing. I gym in the morning at about 5.30am. I don't think I could manage the afternoon and the crowds and heat. I am currently doing an intensive strength training program and loving it.

Oh we'll, that's all I have for now. Guess I better start thinking about making supper.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:08 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Good morning ladies!

I'm with you Kitty.....I have to get my workout done in the morning, or it doesn't happen. I would like a little of your heat sent up my way. We are heading for very cold weather the next week or so. I'm SO not a fan of winter.

Tough leg workout at boot camp this morning. Quads burning like fire! I'll be feeling that tomorrow! I hope to hit boot camp again in the morning to see what the "torture of the day" is!

Let me know how the plan is going for you. One day at a time!
Old 12-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, kitty!

Well ladies, I am still following Stillmans for at least 3 more days. The results are super so far. When I cheat, as seems inevitable for me, I aim to stay within MM guidelines so that is working well.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Good for you Cici! Sounds like you're right on track!
Old 12-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tresa
Stats: 212/201/150
WOE: Metabolism Miracle
Hello ladies! It's been awhile since I checked in.

I just can't seem to get started again.

What do you do during this time of the year? It seems like there are so many food-related activities!

I thought of waiting until the new year, but I have already gained and I feel awful.

Ugh! Why is this so hard for me?

~~Sorry for the pity party~~
tresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tresa,

This is a hard time of year, you're right about that. I'm finding it easier since I started at the end of October. I have been able to be strong since I'm so close to the end of Step 1!

The biggest part of weight loss is the mental part. Read your book, get inspiration from that and don't feel bad about waiting till the new year to start. If your head is not in the right place, you will have a rough time. Do your best over the holidays to watch portions and come back strong January 1!!

Best Wishes!
Old 12-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Another weekend is here!! Another successful week in the books. Tomorrow will be a test as it's going to snow all day and I'll be just sitting around the house all day. That tends to make me snacky. I'll have to guard against that. I think I'm kind of sabotaging myself on this plan by eating too much natural peanut butter. I love it and eat several tablespoons a day. I need to stop taking the jar and a spoon into the living room!

I won't be weighing myself till January 1, but I think I may be a bit disappointed by the number on the scale. I do think I've lost several inches and I shouldn't worry about that darn scale! It is what it is! The normal loss for my start weight is something like 8-16 lbs. We'll see.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Old 12-14-2013, 04:48 AM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, ladies. Looks like you are still doing good on MM. Lori, I am very impressed with your time in. Great commitment.

So, I have finished ten days of Dukan's pure protein attack phase an am ready for phase two which adds vegetables on alternate days. If I need to cheat, I will cheat up to the Metabolism Miracle. I have .ot started exercise yet beyond my job, which is cleaning and orvanizing. I will start today. Am thinki.g about kettle bells for Christmas. Have heard great things about them.

Have a great day.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:51 AM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Great work Cici!! I lost 25 lbs on Dukan at the beginning of the year. It is a good plan. Kettlebells give you a good workout. There are DVD's that feature kettlebell work.

Next weekend is going to be a real struggle for me. I have a Christmas party Friday night, Saturday night and then Monday night! All involve appetizers etc. Heaven help me!

The snow hasn't started yet. Any time now and then it will snow all day long. I'll be snug in my house under a nice warm blanket. I'm going to keep drinking warm beverages to keep myself from wanting to snack. Just had eggs and sausage for breakfast.

Enjoy the weekend!
Old 12-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #138
Junior LCF Member

Hey guys,

Wow, what a hectic week! I have done very well in my first 5 days losing 2.1kgs, but have fallen a bit today. weekends are always the most difficult for me and Xmas is going to be impossible. Hopefully I haven't done too much damage.

Lori, the heat here is intense, you are welcome to it!
Old 12-16-2013, 07:49 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Monday again!

Hope you had a good "on plan" weekend! It was a struggle for me, as predicted, but I did pretty well. I'm feeling very "puffy" this morning and I think that is the result of not drinking enough water over the weekend. I'm going to try to remedy that today.

Let's make this a good week as we have lots of challenges ahead this coming weekend and next week.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, everybody. I have greatly enjkyed th addition of veggies and have also enjoyed some low carb tortillas and a little wine the past few days with no weight gain. Tomorrow I will go back to meat and eggs for a few days and see what happens.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Yay Cici! Sounds like you're doing great!

Went out for dinner to a place with limited choices for me. I ended up with a piece of dry, steamed haddock and a little salad. Blech! It was not my choice of restaurant...we met some friends there & they chose. It's ok...at least I got some good protein, even if it was kind of bland.

I only have a couple more weeks on Step 1 and I'm beginning to panic about Step 2. I really have to figure out what the heck I'm going to eat! I know I'm making too much of this. I just need to figure out some good carb foods and start with those.

Keep up the good work!
Old 12-24-2013, 04:00 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Happy Christmas eve!

This place sure has been quiet lately. I guess no one is thinking "diet" this time of year!

I am at the end of my official 8 week Step 1, but I'm adding a few days for any transgressions that may have occurred. I made the mistake of weighing myself yesterday and only show a loss of 6 lbs for the 8 weeks. I was sure it would be more. I feel like it's more! We were at a party Saturday night and I drank too much, so weighing yesterday was probably not a good idea. Whatever...I'll weigh again on Jan 1 and keep with the plan. What choice do I have? I have to keep trying!

Went to boot camp yesterday and am going again today with my daughter. She's in town and wants to workout. I guess we'll go again on Thursday.

Merry Christmas!!
Old 12-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Blessed Christmas to those who celebrate.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:55 AM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

Today starts my new year with regards to food. Once Christmas is over it feels good to get back to clean eating. No celebrations until Easter.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:09 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

I'm with you Cici! I didn't eat any goodies over Christmas, but a few lite beers and glasses of wine snuck their way in.

As I said in my post above, I'm disappointed in my weigh in the other day. I'll see where I'm at on January 1, that is my official start of Step 2. I'm hoping I'll do better with the addition of a few carbs. I'm thinking with all the exercise I do, my body is pretty stressed with the few carbs I'm eating now. We'll see.......I'm a work in progress!

Here's to a good restart for all of us!
Old 01-02-2014, 07:23 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

I made it thru 9 weeks of Step 1 and started Step 2 yesterday. Can I just tell you......I feel like a million bucks! I "only" lost 6 lbs during Step 1, but that is within the expected loss range. The thing to remember is that I lost all fat.....not the muscle I work so hard to build!

I am so enjoying the 11-20 gr of carb every 4-5 hours. It takes a little planning, but if I continue to feel this great, it will be SO worth it!

Anyone starting out......stick it thru Step 1. I'm not sure how my losses will go on Step 2, but whatever happens, happens. I know I'm treating my body right!

Hope we get some new members here in 2014!
Old 01-03-2014, 09:02 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Southside Girl
WOE: SBD
Start Date: April 2014
Hello! I hope you will count me a new member! I just read the MM book and am anxious to get started. I have had good success with SB in the past and I'm hoping this will also work for me. I have that same stupid stubborn 10 pounds the keeps creeping on and off, and I want to get back onto an eating plan that is reasonable forever! I will be doing my shopping and prep this weekend but I'm weaning myself off sugar, fruit, etc. so it won't be such a shock to my system. I have friends who have been doing Isogenix and lost a ton of weight but I just think that it's too restrictive for me, and that once they start eating "normal" food again they are going to gain again. Plus I worry that rapid plans like that eat up your muscle, and I hate being in the gym enough that I'm not giving up what I work so hard to achieve. Wish me luck!!
Southside Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:14 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Southside Girl!!

I think you will love MM! Please post here often and let us know how you're doing.

I'm going to give myself 4 weeks on Step 2 before I weigh. I know you're only supposed to weigh every 8 weeks, but I'm going on a short trip to San Francisco(leaving on the 30th) and I want to see how I did before I eat some sourdough bread that weekend!

Talk soon!
Old 01-03-2014, 09:28 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Southside Girl
WOE: SBD
Start Date: April 2014
Thank you, Lori! I am looking forward to my clothes fitting right again! I am really excited about the fact that you can eat SOME carbs (other than veggies) on Step 1. I think it will help get me through. And I am just one of those people who has to weigh at least every couple of weeks. I know that it's only a number on a scale but it is a bit of a motivator!
Southside Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:05 AM   #150
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: asra2870
WOE: MM
Start Date: Jan 6, 2014
Newbie-please say a prayer for me as I start MM!

Hi everyone,
Thank God for you all and for this thread! It's such a wonderful motivator to read your success stories, to hear the struggles that you have and how you have overcome them.

Living with Hashimotos and pre-diabetes (but hopefully not for too much longer =) . Positive family history of diabetes and kidney related issues.

I have been researching MM for some time now, and the book is on its way.:jump joy: Will be starting the first day on Monday. Praying and hoping to stay on track as best as I can. I know that this has a LOT to do with having a positive mindset, discipline, and willpower- all of which I have been slacking in, but am determined to improve!

Thanks in advance for your input, advice, recommendations and support. I sincerely hope that you all continue to do well and stay focused on your healthy life goals. Lets take on 2014! =)

Last edited by asra2870; 01-04-2014 at 10:10 AM..
asra2870 is offline   Reply With Quote