Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2013, 05:58 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
I wont actually be able to start until the first due to my grocery schedule.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2013, 01:43 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Hi Cici,

I think you remember the plan correctly. I'm up early(as usual), to go to boot camp and I just forced myself to eat a cheese stick. I'm not used to eating before boot camp. I'm also not used to eating right after, but I may have to. Unless I take a HB egg along to work, or some PB on a slice of "legal" bread. I have a list of food to take along to work for lunch and snacks. There's going to be a definite learning curve. I'm up about 5 lbs from my low, but I'm not going to change my stats as I know I'll be back down in a short time.

Let me know how your day goes Cici!
Old 10-28-2013, 04:46 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Breakfast is easy for me. I wake up hungry. I don't remember Kress's recommendations for amount of protein and fat or exercise requirements. Do you know?

Are you in the service or is boot camp an exercise group?

Have you looked through the recipe thread?
Old 10-28-2013, 05:13 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

As I understand it, there is no amount specified for the "free" foods. The exercise is a minimum of 30 minutes, 5 times a week.

My boot camp is an exercise class. VERY intense. I try to go 3 times a week and run with my husband on my off days. Boot camp is at 5:45AM so I'm an early riser!

I haven't spent a lot of time looking at recipes. I will do that at some point. For right now, I'm concentrating on keeping it as simple as I can.

Let me know how your day goes!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:16 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Day 1 is done and in the books & I'm halfway thru Day 2!! They say the first 3 days are the hardest, so I'm looking forward to a boost in energy...especially in the afternoon. I tend to get really "low" about 2-3 o'clock.

DH and I were talking about all the Christmas parties and dinners we will be invited to in December and he was wondering what I will be able to eat. I told him not to worry...I can always find something!

I took the morning off boot camp and went for a run with my husband instead. We decided it would be a good idea to do a 5k(3.1 miles). I actually enjoyed it......once we were finished! Back to boot camp tomorrow and Thursday for a special Halloween workout!

Let me know how you're doing Cici!
Old 10-29-2013, 10:35 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Nice going, Lori. Sounds like you love the exercisd. That will be the hardest for me, though I do have a physical job cleaning and organizing.

I won't be starting the carb restriction until Friday, grocery shopping day. in the mean time I am enjoying tbe last of the forbidden so my pantry should be legal on day one.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Sounds good Cici. I spent the weekend eating all the forbidden and restocking with allowed!

I have a desk job, so it is really important for me to get in structured exercise. I sit WAY too much every day.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:03 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

How is your week going? I think I am ready for tomorrow. Went to the farmers market. Am loaded up with veggies, eggs, soup bones and enough meat for some hearty soups which I love. I don't have the book yet but think I will be close to plan without it. Nave started exercising, or more acurately, take movement breaks during my tv time.

Guess it is time to jump in.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:18 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Hi Cici!

My week is going well. I'm on Day 4 and can tell that I'm in "fat burning" mode. Also...not very hungry today. Just as the book says......the first 3 days are the roughest. I really didn't mind them too bad. A little tired & light-headed a few times, but nothing serious.

I've had a heavy week of exercise and I'm looking forward to taking a break tomorrow. I've joined a weight loss challenge at my boot camp for the month of November. I have to weigh in on Monday morning. I figured I'm losing weight anyway, why not join the challenge and have a chance of winning a free month of boot camp & a massage(they are the prizes).

The only problem I think I might have is not eating enough. Sounds odd, but I find I can be satisfied with a small amount when I'm not eating bread & pasta! I'll have to work on that. Another odd thing is the instruction that you have to eat a bedtime snack. So contrary to what so many other plans tell you. I've been having a cup of Almond Milk(unsweetened) and some natural peanut butter. Sometimes I put the PB on a slice of low carb bread, or just eat it off the spoon!

I'm working the plan to the best of my ability. Fingers crossed that I'll like what the scale says at the end of 8 weeks!

Good luck to you and let me know how you do tomorrow!
Old 11-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

A good day so far.
5 green drink, coffee black
8 veggie omlette
1 deviled egg, coffee with cream
4 cup of beef veg soup, feta cheese
7 - 8 plan to have fish with tzatziki sauce and veggies.

Last edited by cici52; 11-01-2013 at 02:24 PM..
Old 11-01-2013, 03:24 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Good day Cici!!

I had a good day too. The weekends have always been a challenge, but I know I can do it.......and so can you!

Have a good one!
Old 11-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

KUTGW!
Old 11-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Thanks!

Last edited by Lori_:); 11-01-2013 at 05:07 PM..
Old 11-02-2013, 07:05 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

One thing seems really imlortant to me right now. Relatively large portions of allowed veggies. Otherwise I feel too hungry. Even after eating. Dropping starches is being felt. I expect this will be less so by Monday.

Have a successful day.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:48 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Embarrassed to say I detoured off plan on day two but am back on course today. I did a lot of advanced prep so meals the next few days will be easy.

I do have a history of losing control when transitioning to VLC but as long as I don't have to limit veggies, I think I can do this.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:09 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

No worries Cici, just begin again. This is not a race...this is life!

I'm doing fine so far. Thank goodness lite beer is allowed, as I had a couple yesterday at the golf course. I'm heading back to the golf course today for a tournament and the husband and I just got in from running a bit over 2 miles. I have joined a weight loss challenge for the month of November at my boot camp studio and I'll weigh in for that tomorrow.

At the tournament today they are giving us a meal, which may be a problem. It is a Thanksgiving dinner, so maybe I can just ask for some turkey without gravy & some veggies. If the turkey is already in gravy, I'll just have to scrape off the gravy as best I can. I don't want to make a spectacle of myself with my eating.

Enjoy your Sunday!
Old 11-03-2013, 07:44 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Have fun. I used to worry about blending in until I watched skinny people at such gatherings. They may not eat the most healthy stuff but they are definately picky for the most part. No explainations needed. I usually put a tiny bite of everything on the plate with larger portions of what I intsnd to eat. Once the conversation starts, nobody notices who is eating what.

I have to leave for church now. Let me know how it goes.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Home from the golf tournament & dinner. Turned out not to be a problem, as the dinner was really lame. Some shredded turkey in broth, mashed potatoes & white bread. Oh, and gravy, of course. It was buffet style, so I just took some turkey and that was it. I came home and ate after a nice hot shower. It was so cold and windy, but we were lucky that we had sunshine.

I'm finally warmed up and getting sleepy and it's only 6PM! My cat got me up at 3:30 this morning, but I let her out and then went back to bed. She's used to me getting up at 4:30 during the week and with the time change, she thought it was 4:30. I guess I got up about 5:30 and then at 6:30 my husband and I went out for a run. So..it's been a long day and I'll be in bed early. I have boot camp in the morning.

Have a good start to your week!
Old 11-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Kudos.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #80
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: works4me
Would like to try this!...Can the book be downloaded, does anyone know?
works4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:52 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by works4me View Post
If you mean is it available for Kindle, then yes. I have both the Kindle version and a hard copy as some of the graphs were hard to read on Kindle.

Hope to see you posting here!
Old 11-04-2013, 07:11 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Man, I am tired & cranky this morning! Just one of those days, I guess. I struggled thru boot camp and now I'm at work. I think part of my problem is that I didn't eat nearly enough yesterday. I had a good breakfast this morning and am going to have a big salad for lunch. Hope that improves my attitude!

Have a good day everyone!
Old 11-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by works4me View Post
H W4M i. Welcome. Hope you wll join us.

Lori, hope you find your sweet spot. I have to have both protein and veggies at a meal to feel good. Not sure why that is. Still don't have the book.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

As predicted, I had a big salad with lots of veggies & protein in it and I feel 100% better. Glad to have some pep as I have to do laundry tonight that I was too tired to do after all that golf! Just 2 loads.......won't take too long.

Day 2 of my week starts with a run in the morning. Onward and (hopefully) downward!

Old 11-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

I am going to be out of touch for a few days. Busy week. Have a successful week.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:36 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Hi Cici...hope you got thru your busy week ok!

I'm nearing the end of Week 2 of Step 1. Not really struggling with it, but not really feeling like I'm losing a lot either. No matter....I have to remember this is not only about weight loss, but getting my blood sugar numbers down where they should be before it becomes a problem.

My sister is coming for the weekend and she is low carbing too, so we'll stay on plan together. We'll go out to eat, but it's really not a problem. I can always find something & we love the fact that we can have a lite beer if we want it!

Check in when you can Cici!

Anyone out there lurking? Please join in!
Old 11-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tresa
Stats: 212/201/150
WOE: Metabolism Miracle
Hi!

Hi Lori & Cici,

Glad to see others on MM. I just stumbled on this and was very intrigued. I just finished my first week on Step 1.

- works4me - I originally borrowed the digital book from my library

Glad to see others on this new journey!

Tresa
tresa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tresa...nice to "meet" you!
How did Week 1 go?

I'm beginning Week 3 and doing fine. Feels odd not to weigh myself, but I'm trying to stay off that evil scale!

Pop in each day and let us know how you're doing. Good luck!
Old 11-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tresa
Stats: 212/201/150
WOE: Metabolism Miracle
Hi Lori nice to "meet" you also!

My 1st week was very challenging: TRYing to drink all that water. TRYing to get all that exercise in, and TRYing to eat! I'm just not hungry.

I am enjoying my 1 piece of bread (without crusts) and natural peanut butter! It is like a treat. And I found Bigelow's green tea with blueberry and acai. It tastes really good.

I think I have to plan my meals a little more to give me more of a variety.

Are you on M-ville?

Tresa

Last edited by tresa; 11-11-2013 at 08:58 AM..
tresa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Yes Tresa....I am on M-ville. I found that reading back thru the old posts was a wealth of info! Also...if you post a question, you will get responses from other members as well as Diane herself.

I know what you mean about not eating enough. I have the same problem and I know if I were counting calories, I would be shocked! I get lots of exercise since I do a boot camp style class at least 3 times a week and my husband and I go out and run 2-3 miles 2-3 times a week. By the end of the week, I'm a tired pup!

I have to keep reminding myself that I am not only doing this for weight loss, but to get my blood sugar numbers down before it becomes a problem.

As far as meals, I find that keeping it quite simple is a key for me. Also, I struggle to eat enough veggies. Still working on that!