Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigsaw
Stats: 252/191.5/180(mini goal) sz 24/18/?
WOE: Metabolism/Diabetes Miracle-step2
Start Date: 12/26/2012
Fruit is back on the table! on to step two, so excited to be able to have fruit again. I'm going to make my 11-20 carb grams from fruit! basically keep eating what I was eating and throw in fruit to meet my carb requirements for step 2. how is everyone doing? Jessica, sounds like a neat app, I don't have an iphone, maybe they have something like it for android. keep on keeping on!
Jigsaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jessicaeprice
WOE: Metabolism Miracle
Start Date: February 2013
Still here...

Completed 3 weeks and 3 days. I'm a little disappointed that the hard work doesn't seem to be paying off.
Hopefully I'll have better results to report in week 4.
jessicaeprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bettyann89119
I just received the Metabolism Miracle book. I am looking forward to tips and conversation with others on this diet.
bettyann89119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Keep with it Jessica! Make sure you get your water (this is so hard!), tea and exercise in Welcome to the thread bettyann, glad to see you here
Old 03-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jessicaeprice
Start Date: February 2013
Thanks for the encouragement jigsaw.

Completed 4 weeks and 3 days. Pants are getting a little roomer. Haven't gone down a size but I did cave in and weigh. I've lost 4.6 pounds and 4.4 of the weight was fat which is very encouraging.

Now for confession...
For the past 3 weeks I've gone out with my hubby on wednesday nights for BBQ hot wings. Just one slip up can't hurt right? WRONG!!! I recently joined Miracleville and found out through Diane's own words that there is no cheat meal in step 1. For every slip up you need to add 3 days to the 8 weeks. Your liver and pancreas need time to rest and my guilty pleasure has cost me 9 days!!!

However you can have regular hot wings once a week, but should watch the portion and how often because they are high in fat.

But there is hope...you can treat yourself to one cheat (dessert, extra carb, etc.) once a week in step 2 and still stay in the guidelines of the diet.

Hope everyone is doing well.
jessicaeprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

That is good to keep in mind Jessica. I kind of would look at something not on plan and say "is that worth 3 days?" Didn't run into anything that was Sounds like you are doing really great! I lost 12 lbs in phase one, which is right in the range for my heigh/weight. The low end of the range, but still, it is good
Old 03-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: haferchamp
Start Date: 12/15/12
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this thread and just downloaded the DM after reading what you had to say. I was diagnosed with an A1c of 6.1 % (pre-diabetic) in Dec. and have been low-carb since then. I've read "Blood sugar 101", and "Dr. Bernsteins Diabetes Solution", and hope to gain more information from DM. I will be re-tested mid April so will see how my numbers have come down. Of course along with high blood sugars, I also have elevated cholesterol and homocystein levels.

Thanks Jessicaeprice for the runnkeeper app. I'm healing from foot surgery so am looking forward to getting back on my feet again and walking. This will be an inspiration to get me going.
haferchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Hi again! I'm now 1/3 way through reading DM and there is a lot of good info there for me. I have a question though in regards to both books. Is there a difference in the two books, and has anybody read both, and do you suggest both or just one or the other? Thanks!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:46 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

I think both books are the same except the dm has more talk about diabetes, blood sugar testing and so on. My husband read the mm and I the dm, he does not have diabetes. The diets in both books are the same, just a little more diabetes info in the dm as far as I can see.

And welcome to the thread!

Last edited by Jigsaw; 03-24-2013 at 07:48 AM..
Old 03-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Hi Jigsaw and thanks for the response. I have pre-diabetes and have been doing phase 1 before I even knew thats what I was doing. Just cut out all grains, sugars, etc. Eat a lot of free carbs, protein, and fat.

I noticed in another thread you are in phase 2 of the DM WOE. Did you notice if your blood sugar levels were affected? I'm sort of afraid to re-introduce more carbs. Also since I'm off my feet due to foot surgery, I can't get any exercise in. Maybe I'll wait until I can start walking again.

I just went in for my blood draw this morning and will see Dr on April 15th to see if my numbers have improved. I thought I'd try diet alone to start and see what the results are but my fasting blood sugars in the morning are high so may have to try Metformin next. My after meal numbers are stable (new normal).
Old 03-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

My blood sugar numbers did not really go up at all, usually 1-2 hours after meals it is between 187-196 or so, my morning numbers are a little higher at anywhere from 196-110 or so. I've been reading "why we get fat" by taubes, I may switch to a lower carb WOE as I really haven't lost anything since going to phase two, so I think I may be very insulin resistant and the higher carbs are just too much to lose on, We'll see how it goes I'm sure your numbers will be great at your appt. my A1c was 5.5 last time I went in, it was 12.1 when I was diagnosed last summer, then 6 in november. My cholesterol is also improving, so even though I haven't lost much more since dec 26th, my numbers are getting better! Good luck!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Wow! Good A1c numbers. Are you taking any meds at this time? and if so what?
Old 03-30-2013, 06:19 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Wow, talk about typos! Numbers 2 hours after meals are usually between 87-96, morning is usually 96-110...

Nope, I'm off all meds since november. I was on metformin August through November.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:19 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: amadeus4313
Stats: 244/221/144 77 more to go
WOE: One Day At A Time
So glad to have found this thread

I just started reading the Diabetes Miracle. A couple of weeks ago I went back to lowcarb because I just couldn't stop eating - and worse than that, I wasn't enjoying any of it. At the moment, I am craving-free and looking forward to starting this program!
amadeus4313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

I just received my new test results in the mail today. In December I had an A1c of 6.1% and total cholesterol of 255. Todays A1c is down to 5.1% and cholesterol is 205. Yea!!!!

I have been introducing a few more carbs into my meals and so far the daily testings are okay. Also I'm off my crutches and in a walking boot so progress there as well.

I am just so thrilled to see such progress in just 3 months of low carb eating without having to be on medication. Also my homocystein levels have dropped into an optimal range by increasing my B6, B12, and folic acid intake.

I'm feeling much better, more energy, less fatigue and have lost a few pounds too!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #46
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nez31
Hi! I was on MM for 7 weeks and did great! I lost 12 lbs and then went on a trip and went off MM for 4 days. I am back on MM Step 1 for three weeks and then will move on to Step 2. I was on Miracle Village too and loved the recipe ideas and being able to ask Diane any question and have her reply. My subscription just ran out and I need to reregistar. I believe in this diet and my new way of life. After turning 40 I was gaining weight even when I wasn't eating high calories. It was frustratin! I hope this thread keeps going. It is great to have the support of others!
nez31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:53 AM   #47
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kim_brr_lee
Stats: 150/149/130
Start Date: June 2013
Anyone still there?

Hello everyone!

It's been a couple of months since anyone has posted to this thread, but I'm hoping there are still people out there on this plan.

I JUST joined MM last week. I was going to wait until summer break (I'm a teacher) so I could focus on it, but I just decided to dive right in. Cheated during dinner the first two days, only to find myself feeling horrible the next day.

In just four days, I've lost a pound. While it might be water weight, it's keeping me motivated to stick with it. I bought some Julian's Bakery Zero Carb bread, and holy cow it was HORRIBLE. I was hoping I could have sandwiches with my family, but it literally tasted like cardboard. I couldn't even finish a piece. It did make me realize that I really don't need or crave bread, pasta, rice, etc.

Last night I went out to dinner at a Filipino restaurant. Everyone else was having fried rice with their meal. I chose not too (and wasn't even uncomfortable), and while I had one egg roll, I was happy to find that it only had 1 carb!

I know I can stick with this and am so grateful to find other people in the same boat!
kim_brr_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:58 AM   #48
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
Kim welcome, but I hate to be the bearer of bad news. A typical Filipino egg roll has around 20g carbs. The wrapper alone (lumpia?) is about 18. If they used a traditional egg roll wrapper, it's about 14-16 depending on the size. Then the fillings can be 1-3g carbs.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

After my last post with such good test results I went a little crazy and ate a few too many carbs for about a week. Didn't test my blood sugar either during that time. Well, I started to feel like crap again and re-tested my blood sugars and you can believe i'm back on phase one again. I really don't miss the things I thought I did but just had to try them and see for myself.

I think it takes a lot of trial and error and a whole lot of tweeking as you go along but don't get discouraged, just get right back on track. I know I feel tons better keeping to a low carb way of eating but don't beat myself up if I have an occasional goodie every now and then. I had 10 little pieces of fruit from the fruit tray and boy were they ever good. However, they spiked my blood sugar way too high so maybe next time I'll try just 5 pieces and see what that does.

Keep up the good work all, remember it's a journey, not a destination.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:27 AM   #50
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: minivicarioli
Hello everyone!
I just started week #5 of step 1. I'm happy to know that there are other people doing MM. I was feeling ALONE!!!!!!

I started with 261 pounds. I know I was not supposed to weigh until wk #8, but I did 2 weeks ago and I've lost 8 pounds. I'll try to wait until phase 2 to weigh in again.
minivicarioli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:45 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Anybody still doing this? I just got the book MM yesterday and am starting today. Would love to share the journey.
cici52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #52
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Susandey
Hi everybody i just joined i did mm in 2011 and lost 25 kg i stopped did not go to phase 2 or 3 and have gained 18kg since. Made the decision today i am starting on mm phase 1 weight in on 107 kg this morning. Will keep u posted. susan
Susandey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #53
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy3
I am one week into MM stage 1 it is going good so far. Do you think it is worth it to pay for miracle-ville.com ?
Mommy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #54
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: caymanmama
1 week in MM Step 2, gaining weight - frantic

I completed Step 1 of MM a week ago - followed it faithfully and ... liked it! Lost 8 pounds in 8 weeks but look as though I lost 18 pounds. Began Step 2 a week ago and, after one week, the scales show a 2-3 pound weight gain! I am frantic! I have followed all directions completely, but feel as though I am really eating a lot with the 11-20 grams of carbs 4-5 times a day. Did anyone else experience this when beginning Step 2? Did it eventually straighten out? I look forward to your experiences and replies.
caymanmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #55
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Susandey
4 days into MM and doing good. Cravings for sugar and carbs are gone. Made some sugarfree jelly eat that with a dash of cream.
Susandey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:40 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
I'm not sure if this forum is still active, but I just found it today! I am starting MM on Tuesday, Oct. 22 when I return from 5 days at the beach with my sister. One last hurrah, if you will! I'm hoping I can stay strong on Step 1 thru Thanksgiving.........could be tough, huh?

I'm hoping we can revive this forum and have a good support system here.
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:31 PM   #57
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mooncaat
Stats: 185/130
Just starting out on MM

Hi. Not much activity lately but here is where I belong. I started MM a week ago, and I know I'm not supposed to weigh, but I've lost 6 pounds already. I've set alarms on my phone to remind me to eat at work, as that's my biggest problem, being a work-a-holic, I just push on through and then drive through McDonald's on my way home, starving to death. Being prepared for a day at the office is also a challenge, but we have a fridge, so I made it through a whole week and did just fine. Costco has those little Gouda cheese balls that are great for a snack.

My goal is to lose 50 pounds (only 44 more to go!). I'm 56, and haven't had a successful diet for more than 20 years. Plus I've had so many gastric issues, I'm happy to say that I haven't eaten a TUMS for more than a week now. I'm not having any issues with cravings, though I did wake up thinking I could smell buttered toast this morning. LOL --- Judi
Mooncaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:27 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

How's it going? I made it 9 days and bailed. Am ready to start over. Need support.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Hi Cici,

I am starting on Monday, 10/28. I would be happy to be your MM buddy. I'm trying to wrap my mind around what I can eat. We went out for dinner tonight and I looked at the plate and thought.....there is nothing here that I will be allowed to eat next week!

I'll be working on a grocery list tomorrow and making a trip to the market. I've been very bad about eating veggies, so this plan will force that issue.

Let me know how you're doing and what you are doing to get back on track.

Old 10-27-2013, 05:53 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Lori!

I put a hold on the books at my library so when they are returned I can brush up on the plan. What I remember is
eat within a half hour of risi.g
eat protein first
nonstarchy/sugary veggies are free
limit starchy/sugary stuff to five net carbs per five hour window
no more than five hours between meals

Seems like she suggested having the carbs at BL&D withcarb free snacks.

Am I on the right track?

Last edited by cici52; 10-27-2013 at 05:55 PM..