Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2014, 11:57 PM   #511
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bitterbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by grac4 View Post
Diane has a book Diabetes Miracle as well as Metabolism Miracle. I have read many good things for diabetic's using the plan so I am sure it would work for you as well!
Thanks for the quick reply Grac4. Can't wait to read up on it and start "releasing" this weight!
Bitterbuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2014, 11:15 AM   #512
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hélène
Stats: 5-4, 174#
WOE: Very High Veg Intake, High fat, No grains
I lost a lb yesterday!! wow. ~cartwheels, firecrackers, almond flour-chocolate-cake all around~
im overjoyed at my new WOE. felt like i was eating a TON of veggies, but now it feels normal lol my skin on my face even looks a little better (i have acne due mostly to ingrown facial hair due to PCOS).
i ate oats 2 days ago too and no reaction this time. yay
i made coconut flour banana muffins yesterday and they felt very heavy in my system. def going to use some almond flour next time. my kids loved them, they like all the flour-alternative stuff i make lol but wat is surprising is that a friend's 4yo obese grandchild JUNK-FOOD-SUGAR-QUEEN loved them! wanted more! i cud SOOO get that kid eating healthy...she always eats any of my salad i give her too lol i feel bad for kids whose parents overfeed them and feed them pure garbage. its so sad.
AND i found my diabetes miracle and MMdiet ckbk...they'd been here all along in a box that got put in the livingrm that i thot had only songbks in it rofl...gotta love my life

Last edited by Hélène; 03-27-2014 at 11:17 AM..
Hélène is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:29 AM   #513
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 195/190.4/150
WOE: IF; 4:3/5:2
Start Date: November 16, 2014
Congrats on the loss Helene! I haven't weighed myself in a week. I haven't been off the rails, but just kind of doing things half way.

No boot camp for me till next week as I've pulled a muscle in my lower back. No....I didn't do it at boot camp. I was practicing a new golf swing! I guess my golf muscles are a bit rusty!

Off work tomorrow to head to my sister's for the weekend. It's a 2 hour drive. She is getting ready to put her house on the market and needs some help with "stuff". Her husband died 2 years ago and she's trying to move on. She's 71 and in great health, but the stress of it all is no good for anyone. I help when I can. She has a daughter and son-in-law who are too self centered to help her much. Makes me furious, but that's another story.

Hope you're all doing great with your plan!
Old 03-27-2014, 11:34 AM   #514
Senior LCF Member

I tell ya lori, i am not eating a dam every 5 hrs. i dont eat any carbs for brkfst, just dont need it. then SOMEtimes i even more than 20g carbs at once, like 1/2 a grapefruit AND a 1/2c yogurt. im drinking homemade chicken broth too, for the minerals also and finding that is very satisfying also.
soooo maybe im just losing water wgt here and i'll regret it but i decided to take the plunge and not worry about the 5hr dam. i HATED eating the bedtime one. im just not hungry at nite lol
Old 03-27-2014, 11:45 AM   #515
Senior LCF Member

I agree Helene.....that bedtime eating was a deal breaker for me. I'm eating when I'm hungry now and just being mindful of how many carbs I'm taking in. Not sure how it's going to work weight loss wise, but for now, I'm happy!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:25 AM   #516
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grac4
WOE: Metabolism Miracle
Start Date: 1/31/14 restart step one
Today is the start of step 2 and I am going to follow it to a T!! I started with oatmeal which was delicious and later I will have my Greek Yogurt or a Kashi bar making sure of my sugars and fiber . There is no excuse for me not to make it work this time after a couple previous mess ups!! I am actually excited to get on with this
grac4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:40 AM   #517
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mbrownstone
Stats: 238/224/128
WOE: Miracle Metabolism
Start Date: March 27, 2014
Hi,
I'm new to this board and MM, but not new to counting carbs. I can't help but ask where in the world you get an egg roll with only 1 carb? I would love to get that source. When I count an egg roll, I must consider the wrapper. I see it is 18 net carbs. Or did you unwrap yours? See nutritional info on egg roll wrapper: Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Wonton wrappers (includes egg roll wrappers)
mbrownstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:35 PM   #518
Senior LCF Member

awesome way to start step 2! did u put the chia seeds in it? i wondered how that was.
i had oats again today. put just 5 drops stevia glycerite in it and it was waaay too sweet lol im getting so i like just the grain taste itself as i so rarely eat them! well i DO add cream and cinn too (and sometimes maple extract or vanilla)
thing is, i was a little hungry at lunch--cudnt fill myself very easily, rly wondering if its the grain doing that. i ate beans but wanted to eat other carb-y stuff 2. im making myself wait as i think the oats mite be affecting my hunger. i'll go without if i have to!
Old 03-28-2014, 01:05 PM   #519
Senior LCF Member

Helene I did put 1 tbl of chi seed in the oatmeal. I made it last night so it would be ready in the morning. I thought it was very good! For lunch 1/2 cheese sandwich and a 100 cal Apple Pie yoplait greek yogurt. My sandwich was neutral and the yoplait fit the sugar formula Diane has us do, was around 4 sugars. So far so good . The Apple Pie flavor was very good!!
Old 03-28-2014, 01:33 PM   #520
Senior LCF Member

yeah i like the plain yogurt and i add my own stevia, i dont need much of that the last few wks either. but i do eat the fullfat so its not as sour i noticed a few yrs ago. how many carbs is the yoplait that u eat? ive only seen the splenda or nutrasweet yogurts once or twice in the grocery.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:54 PM   #521
Senior LCF Member

The Yoplait 100 was 12 carbs. I also bought some plain greek and some flavors to add and I will mix some fruit in with that as well and maybe just a little pecans. It's really weird today for some reason instead of feeling more bloated starting step 2 I am peeing like crazy . I think I am going to have to weigh out of curiosity in the morning and see. My rings are super loose as well spinning on my finger!
Old 03-28-2014, 03:03 PM   #522
Senior LCF Member

are u eating less low-carb grains 2day maybe?
Old 03-28-2014, 03:32 PM   #523
Senior LCF Member

I could sure fit in less grains if it would help! I got to say again, your banana muffins are so wonderful!!! I froze them and haven't had any for a few days but I love them. I think the sour cream really makes a big difference as well when you bake with it. I am faithful to my workouts and I can see it which is wonderful as well : ). I didn't eat allot of grains yesterday now that I think about it. If cutting them back helps I will do it for sure.

Last edited by grac4; 03-28-2014 at 03:35 PM..
Old 03-28-2014, 03:49 PM   #524
Senior LCF Member

well i dont know in the long run, but keeping water off, maybe it wud.
i made other banana muffins (without blueberries) a few days ago with only coconut flour and wen i adjust the recipe to using some almond flour too, i'll post them.
im waiting for my erythritol to come in , then watch out world, ima bake up a STORM. i dont like baked goods with splenda and the stevia is just not *enuf* i dont think. so im hoping the erythritol will do the "sugary" trick!
Old 03-30-2014, 09:44 AM   #525
Senior LCF Member

After two full days on step 2 I have had no weight gain at all from the change over. I am very glad for that! I have stayed with the carb dams and haven't missed any even during the night. I just want to get the last of this weight off!! There is no doubt that doing the Leslie Samsone is changing my body shape, especially the tummy area. I use to read and do the treadmill but after weeks of just following the Leslie 2 mile walk there is a definite difference. I am going to have to step it up to the 3 mile soon! I do walk my dog everyday but that is minimal help. Off to bake my bread, hope everyone is having a great weekend : )
Old 03-30-2014, 12:07 PM   #526
Senior LCF Member

i love leslie sansone and her walk fit workouts! they keep ur interest and keep u moving around. just remember to vary ur exercising as ur body adaptd. do the walk kick too or bike one day or swim another. or do a boot camp or tae bo.
i am very limited as to what i can do becuz of my PFS (knee issue), i have no access to a pool to its walking for me lol wud love to play bball or bike--wat a treat. oh well. i'll just be thankful i can still walk!
Old 03-30-2014, 05:32 PM   #527
Senior LCF Member

Just popping in to say Hi!

I was away for the weekend and here it is Sunday night and soon time to go to bed! The weekends just go too quickly!

I'm going to bite the bullet and spend at least part of April logging my food and counting calories as well as carbs. I hate doing that, but I have to try to get this weight moving.

Hope you've all had a good weekend!
Old 03-30-2014, 08:44 PM   #528
Senior LCF Member

i am still a firm believer that calories will naturally decrease as u balance out ur body.u just wont be as hungry. not that u shud try and eat less, u'll just find urself doing it.
the wgt is not the issue. the issue is ur health and wen ur unhealthy u gain wgt. as u regain ur health, truly, inside--then the wgt will come off.
it has taken me a couple months now but im healing enough that im losing. i lost another pound by the scale this morning. i didnt rly eat dinner last nite, so that is why i guessing. but its exciting to see any movement in the scale. it was soooooo long there was nothing. now i can feel lighter. i can see this spring and summer eating lots and lots of the fibrous, neutral, garden veggies. yum!
Old 03-31-2014, 10:10 PM   #529
Senior LCF Member

After 3 full days on step 2 I was up a pound this morning. I guess my luck ran out! I know I should stay off that scale but you girls know how it is, we just can't seem to help ourselves! I was curious also how the change would affect me. Hopefully it balances out like it is suppose to. I have been staying very true to plan so it should all be good. I upped my exercise to the 3 mile walk with Leslie the last couple days and it has some different moves so for now hopefully that is good. The time goes by pretty quickly and I enjoy it. Lori I find it helps to write things down or I would be all off I am sure. Plus I can look back and see if there's something messing up my progress. Helene I am planning to start a garden for fresh vegetables as soon as I figure out the right time to plant here in Utah. This state is still all learning for me on growing a garden. I may try some fruits as well, I have a giant planting area but I can only eat so much!!
Old 04-01-2014, 04:37 AM   #530
Senior LCF Member

with veggies, for me, the more i eat, the more i eat! i have to get myself started on them for about a week, then i just want more and more. or ONLY vegs will satisfy, where b4 i wud want something else too.
ive done raw food diet b4 and lost 40lbs. i, however, did not eat protein during that. so its wasnt all fat loss. i ate very little fat or cooked food and i dont do raw meat. anyway i ate constantly during that time (about 3mos total) and it was all vegs, very little fruit. i can see my appetite or way of eating gearing up for that now, eating alot alot of vegs kind of all day. i will just include meat/beans and fats and dairy this time. with the fat included this time i will probably eat less often but it'll be great till cold weathr comes again and the produce is just not as available--or tasty!
Old 04-03-2014, 08:09 AM   #531
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rubatron
Start Date: January 2014
Hi everyone, just checking in! I know I've been MIA for a little while. It looks like there are some new people on the board, so welcome!

I have not been the best the past few weeks. But starting Tuesday I revved back up to do a 10-day step one before moving into step two. I temporarily gained a few pounds after a week or so of carb-laden choices, but after a few days back on step one I'm down to the lowest I've been on it, so that's a relief.

Played soccer last night, thought I drank enough water but with the warmer weather I must have sweated out a bit more than before, bc I have a killer headache today, no doubt from dehydration. Ugh. It's annoying. I plan to run the 3 miles home from work today, after walking to and from work a few times this week with the beautiful weather!

I definitely notice that if I miss a meal or snack or something, I immediately become kind of crazy, like in search of cookies or anything full of carbs to munch on! I'm a carb monster!! Part of my problem the last few weeks has been temptation. My fiancé has been doing these training sessions for work and they always have a ton of leftover snacks that he decides to bring home - mostly chocolate chip granola bars and the like, and I LOOOOVE granola bars, they are like candy for me. So there was this huge mound in my cupboard and I just had one, then two, then the next day had a couple, it's bad. So they are gone now, no more temptation, lol.
Rubatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:21 AM   #532
Senior LCF Member

Rubatron trying greatly upping ur fibrous veggies intake. Esp greens. In a couple days you should notice a big decrease in cravings or temptation. Maybe even gone completely! As long as you keep the veggies up, the cravings should stay gone. I am rly amazed at the difference alot of veggies make, even while on a low carb plan to begin with.

Last edited by Hélène; 04-03-2014 at 08:27 AM..
Old 04-03-2014, 11:02 PM   #533
Senior LCF Member

Rubatron I eat the Kashi bars which I think are pretty good but the ones I have do not have chocolate chips. Helene I love my salads but I just can't seem to fall in love with lots of vegetables! Sure would be a nice low fat fiber filled way to go. If I get desperate enough with no weight movement I may be able to talk myself into giving it a try : )
Old 04-04-2014, 08:26 AM   #534
Senior LCF Member

yeah gotta go beyond salads. i would start with lots of cooked veggies as then u can flavor with something more than dressing. butter or sour cream is nice on cooked vegs. dont underestimate roasting them either. roasted cabbage is OUTRAGEOUS. roasting brings out the sweetness of the veg too. brussels, rutabagas, etc are all very good roasted. i cooked up some rutabaga in chicken broth last nite, splashed in vinegar, s&p-->delightful. steamed greens are ok but still need to add butter so why not just sauté them in bacon fat to begin with? alot of greens cook down to a reasonable amount so you get them in you without all that chewing lol
im putting greens in my morning smoothie now and it's not bad at all--add fruit or cocoa powder! i use stevia glycerite and erythritol and 1/2tsp splenda to help, but am working toward omitting the splenda as the only sugar alcohol i want to eat is the erythritol.
then of course, crudités with dip -- bean dips (hummus and others) or sour cream dips. just munch on the vegs alone if u want too. if i cut up ripe peppers, celery, fennel slices, carrots and mushrooms i will just snack on them all day.
Prep is 90% of veggie eating lol Get it done ahead, and u'll grab them alot easier. Even to throw in w/meal prep--eggs, roasting alongside meat, soups, as quick side dishes, in coleslaw...
i promote 3 plates' worth of veggies a day--3c a plate (spread over course of a day probably). BUT dont think 2 plated or even 1 plate a day isnt worth striving for! AND you can have a piece or 2 of fruit also YUMMM

Last edited by Hélène; 04-04-2014 at 08:29 AM..
Old 04-06-2014, 06:27 AM   #535
Senior LCF Member

Happy Sunday ladies!

I'm excited to be heading to the golf course for the first time this year! Lots of exercise today as I walk and push my clubs. I usually get 14,000+ steps during a round.

I've been following along with you ladies, even though I'm not doing MM right now. Sounds like you're doing well! I get most of my veggies in my bean free chili that I make. I made 6 qts yesterday. I bulk it up with sliced mushrooms & yesterday I used a few big handfuls of mixed greens. I never measure anything so it's always a surprise how it turns out. This batch is perfect! The last time I made it, I got it too hot. WOW.....I always eat it with a dollop of sour cream, so that helps cut the heat.

Have a great day!
Old 04-06-2014, 03:02 PM   #536
Junior LCF Member

Getting Started with Miracle Metabolism

Hi Fellow Carb Watchers,
Thought I'd introduce myself and how things are going. I'm over 65 and thoroughly fed up with my ever expanding body and likelihood of getting on a path towards diabetes 2. Years ago, and I do mean years and years ago, I was successful with WW. I went from 168 down to a svelte 128. But back in WW at this time of my life has not been as successful.

When I visited an opera singer friend back east last August and was blown away by how absolutely thin and gorgeous she had become since I had last seen her. I had to know her secret. It was MM. Thought I'd start with F-Factor eating plan and exercise. So back around Labor Day I joined a gym and have been pretty darn faithful to do the Aqua Fit classes 3x a week. But, no significant weight loss because I took a trip abroad for 3 weeks and the F-Factor play went right out the window. I would get down to 214 and then climb back up due to over eating and indulging my carb addiction.

Finally, I got the MM and the DM books from the library and started following Stage 1 on March 27th. I'm proud to say that have be on track with the plan so far and due to the added days for one discretion, I think I'll follow it. What surprises me is that I am naturally inclined to eat less than 5x5--the addiction is definitely at bay. Last week I added one more hour of water fitness by engaging a coach, so that made 1 hour of water fitness 4x a week. Next week I must add the fifth hour to my plan. For variety, I think I'll try the Leslie Samsone plan that grace4 is doing:
Quote:
There is no doubt that doing the Leslie Samsone is changing my body shape, especially the tummy area.
What concerns me, as I anticipate Stage 2 is what's the deal about missing carbs? It sounds like in Stage 2 we really have to eat the carbs every 5 hours or it will not produce the proper effect of retraining the pancreas and liver functioning. Anybody out there who has followed the protocol and completed Stage 2 and can report back on that?

Keep the conversations going, please. We all need the support and advice from those who have done it and succeeded.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:49 PM   #537
Senior LCF Member

Hi mb, welcome to the site! I also use to have good weight watchers results but once menopause hit everything changed. Yes I am faithful to my daily Leslie Samsone workout and it is making a difference!

Yes step 2 on MM does require you to keep the carbs coming. You must eat every 3-5 hours for your body not to release it's own insulin so by eating we prevent a much larger amount of insulin from being released. I usually eat something every 4 hours with carbs to keep it simple. This is my 3rd time on step 2, I was good with the carb count but neglected the sugar so started over again. Your tastes sure do change over time on MM, for me fruit yogurt and nuts mixed is as good as ice cream use to be : )
Old 04-07-2014, 03:03 PM   #538
Senior LCF Member

yum, yogurt with nuts! i bet ricotta and nuts would be good too...walnuts, pecans... mmmm
i made PB-Choc Chipped Muffins Sat. Sinfully delicious. I used 85% dark choc Lindt bars, chopped up or u could use mini choc chips and add in the extra carb count. It makes ALOT too. i filled one 24 cup mini muffin tin and then another 9 regular muffins. And they were overflowing the cups when they came out. I'd say 36-48 mini muffins for yield. And as always I froze them and they are great nuked to warm up.
PB-Chipped Chocolate Muffins
3 eggs
1/2 cup butter or coconut oil, softened
1/2 cup pb
1/2 cup erythritol
1 tsp stevia glycerite
3/4 cup sour cream
1 tsp van
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups almond or peanut flour
1 tsp baking powder
1tsp baking soda
1/2 cup Lindt 85-90% dark chocolate, chopped OR choc chips
Start with the eggs, beating them in the bowl, add rest in order. Stir well and let sit 5 min. Stir again and spoon mixture into greased mini-muffin tins. Bake at 325 for 25 minutes. Test for doneness.
Could use regular muffin tins but it's hard to bake well (get center done) in the bigger cups with nut flours.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:48 PM   #539
Senior LCF Member

Helene those sound wonderful!! Looks like I will be doing some baking. I have the dark choc so I am good to go : ). I have already worked out and took the dog for a 1 hour walk. It is so beautiful here walking is refreshing. Today is my little Yorkie's 11th birthday, I hope she is my walking partner for years to come. She goes strong like nothing is wrong with her little heart and absolutely loves it everyday. Her and I have been walking all her 11 years so she is pretty demanding when she is ready to go : )
Old 04-10-2014, 05:31 PM   #540
Junior LCF Member

Beginning Week 3 of Stage 1

Quote:
Hi mb, welcome to the site! I also use to have good weight watchers results but once menopause hit everything changed. Yes I am faithful to my daily Leslie Samsone workout and it is making a difference!
Thank you for the welcome grac4. I'm at the beginning of Week 3 of the first stage. Managed very well last night at a major pot luck dinner with so many choices. I'm so not missing the carbs . . . well, I'm not craving them, so when they are there, it's easy to pass them by. I felt so good the other night when I ordered a chef's salad (something I would never have done on WW) and I picked every single wonderfully drenched in butter and garlic crouton out of the bowl.
I've added a day to my water exercise by engaging a swimming coach. Done this 2x so far and will have 4 more sessions, each a week apart. I feel like that is a tremendous workout. To get my 5th day in I will try the Leslie Samsone workout on my 5th day. I downloaded the videos for 1-mile, 2-mile and 3-mile. Will give it a try Saturday or Sunday.
Tonight I made my husband and I huge spinach salads: spinach, sliced red onion, grated sharp cheddar cheese, grilled vegetarian chorizo, crumpled crisp taco (for my husband only), and a lovely garlic, red wine, white balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

We had been vegans for months, then I started feeling that I needed more protein so I added egg whites, non-fat Greek yogurt, non-fat cottage cheese. Moving into this eating plan I was ready to add meat and other cheeses. I still try to stay vegetarian at home and only eat meat when out.

Didn't measure myself until yesterday, so I really won't know how much this actually works. Not sure why I delayed so much, but it must have been my unwillingness to face the tape. The scale doesn't scare me as much as the tape measure.