Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 01:55 PM   #451
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grac4
WOE: Metabolism Miracle
Start Date: 1/31/14 restart step one
I agree Lori on lower sugar yogurt, that was one of my mess ups. I had started getting Greek that only had 9 grams and with Diane's formula for yogurt it fit right in and then I had to munch a few crackers or something to put me up to 11-20. However it was to late for me because I had made that mistake multiple times so it was back to step one after that many mess ups and to many mess ups for a 10 day clean up. Believe me I got it all down now and wont make that mistake again! This morning I made that muffin on MM that Debbie posted with her changes and it was so very good! I cut up fresh blackberries in the batter and it is worth trying for sure!!
grac4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2014, 02:04 PM   #452
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hélène
Stats: 5-4, 174#
WOE: Very High Veg Intake, High fat, No grains
i wud love to know what foods diane has added. i know i had to ask her about parsnips and rutabagas and then they were in the next bk! (diabetes miracle)
i will keep buying her bks just for the update as they all are a *little* revisions of the previous one(s).
I hope she finally does her PCOS Miracle soon. She was supposed to be writing Pregnancy Miracle but i havent heard anymore about it.
Lori, try eating plain yogurt and then add a sweetener/fruit to it. Since theres splenda in the ones ur eating now, use splenda from walmart lol then it wud just be the lactose (milk sugar) counted along with fruit if u used it.
Hélène is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:18 AM   #453
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 195/190.4/150
WOE: IF; 4:3/5:2
Start Date: November 16, 2014
Good Morning Ladies!

Hope you all had a good weekend. I just puttered around the house and probably ate too much. I broke down and had my PB milkshake since the place that makes them best just opened for the season. It tasted yummy, but my stomach was rolling all afternoon! My sister is coming to visit this weekend and she'll want to go get one......I think I can happily watch her have one and just keep remembering how icky I felt from the one I had!

This is my first week of experimentation. I'm sort of doing low carb my way and will eliminate/add things one at a time to see what works. I'll weigh in on Friday and see what happened this week. I'm a work in progress!

Have a great week!
Old 03-10-2014, 07:40 AM   #454
Senior LCF Member

I made some salted caramel sauce and put it in my coffee to make a salted caramel latte. I used half splenda, but also half sugar. Knowing this, I measured how much i was putting in my coffee, mind you. I still put too much---had a headache and extreme tired from the sugar high/crash. havent had a sugar crash in soooo long, i forgot how FATIGUED and exhausted they make you! The headache was weird, i dont get them. i wont make that sugar mistake again. Ice cream, candy bars, cookies, cake all are safe from me for sure!
AND i've found baking with almond flour,coconut flour, ground flaxseed and psyllium husk powder to be wonderful with stevia so my treat-tooth can be satisfied sometimes lol
Old 03-10-2014, 02:54 PM   #455
Senior LCF Member

OMG ladies today was a hunger day, yesterday tried to be, but i wudnt let it. today i gave in and have eaten soooo much. i think i was actually craving carbs cuz i ate the almond flour muffins i made and after 4 over a period of 2 hrs im ok now. i ate ALOT more than those, but they seemed to finally stuff me.
I HATE this out of control eating. i was thinking this month i'd skip it as it usually happens about 10days- 2.5 wks after my period. Today is not quite 3wks after. So I went longer than usual but oh DEAR...
i think the time change has something to do with it...it takes me a couple wks to adjust to it wen we spring forward. wen we fall back, its no problem...2 days and im changed over. my poor body is just so hooked its little circadian rhythm lol

Last edited by Hélène; 03-10-2014 at 02:56 PM..
Old 03-10-2014, 04:37 PM   #456
Senior LCF Member

Oh my Helene, don't you hate days like that?! I was afraid I'd be out of control after my PB milkshake on Saturday, but I seem to have no lasting effects. Do you think the sugar in your latte could have set you off? No worries...just dust yourself off and move on. You know the drill!

Come on ladies....check in and let us know how you're doing.
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:10 PM   #457
Senior LCF Member

i doubt it as it was on Sat and this is Monday. wish i could blame this on something, so i could cut it out lol alas, never makes any sense ...
Old 03-10-2014, 06:54 PM   #458
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Southside Girl
WOE: SBD
Start Date: April 2014
Hello, all. I am currently sitting in my hotel room in CA with the windows open, getting ready to head to dinner with friends. I had a rough Friday and ate too many tortilla chips. I was okay that night but woke up feeling nauseated and awful. Went back to protein and felt better as the day went on. Yesterday was a decent day, with limited carbs, though I did splurge on one slice of pizza. Today I am almost back on Step 1, with the exception of 10 blackberries. It is what my body wants. I am trying to listen to my body and feed it accordingly. Cutting out all carbs sets up a binge mentality, but having enough to satisfy keeps me from going overboard. Like you, Lori, I am trying to do low carb my way. Put on a pair of Capri pants this am that I haven't been able to wear in a year and they fit! So I am going to keep listening...my goal is to keep the carbs down, and only eat complex carbs/low glycemic. No sugar or white products. If I am careful, I just might find that balance that works for me! Out of town til Thursday so no weighing, but I am going to try to make thoughtful choices (like my salad with grilled chicken for lunch) that don't leave me feeling deprived. There must be a way! Good luck to us all! I don't regret doing MM, it has given me a lot of insight and helped me to see how good I feel without all that refined stuff.

Last edited by Southside Girl; 03-10-2014 at 06:56 PM..
Southside Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:48 PM   #459
Senior LCF Member

i still rly think there is something to carb dams every 5 hrs on step 2. and that exercise is important to not have loose/flabby skin left after losing alot of wgt. and that complex carbs, eaten in 15g portions (roughly) is better than only 30g a day maybe, but all at once and/or junk like cookies or chips.
when i first read the bks back in early 2011, i found myself rly getting fibrous veggies vs starchy down, memorized in my brain. quantities as portions too. and fruit portions. anyway, theres alot of good in MM, it just isnt working for me like i need it to. BUT im trying step 1 again for 10-21 days and then back to step 2 with no grains, incl corn at all. we'll see
Old 03-11-2014, 03:01 AM   #460
Senior LCF Member

I agree Helene. I really think Step 2 is a great idea, in theory. I was just shocked to go up 4 lbs in a month! I really just need to get this weight off by some means and then I'm going to try Step 2 again. I'm just eating mainly low carb without regard for how many hours between carb dams. I feel thinner already. I'm also trying to be more mindful of my portion sizes. I think I may have been eating too much of allowed items. We'll see......as I said, I'm a work in progress!

SSgirl....enjoy California! Sounds like you're doing well with your plan. Let us know how you're doing when you get home.

Ok....time for boot camp!
Old 03-11-2014, 07:56 AM   #461
Senior LCF Member

i'd gotten my walking up to 5.33 miles/day the past few wks but i am proud to say 2day i went 4 miles just this morning alone! so with 2 miles tonite...thats SIX miles a day. wont it be something wen im not hauling around this obese carcass to boot!
Old 03-11-2014, 02:26 PM   #462
Senior LCF Member

Helene you are more motivated then me on walking. I take my dog but that doesn't count because she is always stopping to sniff! We do go about a mile, sometimes more depending on what she wants to do, with her heart issue I always leave it up to her . I do also workout with Leslie Sansone which I get off you tube each day, there are various choices on there.
I am now almost 6 weeks into step one and still hanging in there. I am not sure yet what I will do when I get to 8 weeks, move on to step two or just stay in step one. The last couple days I am holding water for some reason, I can always tell in my fingers and my rings. Usually they are turning and loose, not sure what I ate to cause some retention! Now if I could get rid of some stress makers in my life things would be so much better!! Don't know what it is about people and some of the things they do then try to make it someone else's problem. Oh I better just shut up and go on!!!!
Old 03-11-2014, 08:42 PM   #463
Senior LCF Member

we love leslie sansone here (my girls and i). when my almost 9yo was 1 yrs old she used to do the walk kick video with me---then i got pg with my almost 7yo and wen im pg im EXHAUSTED so that went...for that time anyway lol. over the yrs since, ive done it more and bought more too. so the girls grew up doing them!
if i could destress my life, i would do it too grac4
Old 03-12-2014, 12:56 PM   #464
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rubatron
WOE: Miracle Metabolism
Start Date: January 2014
Only about a week and a half left on step one for me! The weather has been pretty nice here the last few days, so I've been out walking. I'm certain I have plantar fascitis though, and don't really want to aggravate it by running too much. I jogged a little bit, but walked for most of the three miles I did. I have a soccer game tonight, and that is the main culprit of my foot pain, but it's the most fun I have working out! Oy.

Had drumsticks and green beans last night, probably will have some leftover pork for dinner today. Haven't weighed myself in a while so I'm not sure how things are going. I'm super tired today, and have been all week, I'm blaming Daylight Savings.

Anybody eat those frozen Atkins meals at all? They are easy to bring for lunch at work, and aren't bad! Had the beef merlot today. They are like the only freezer type meals that don't have like a major amount of carbs in them, most have a hunk of pasta or rice! Okay, I'm ready to take a nap...
Rubatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:00 PM   #465
Senior LCF Member

I feel your pain with the Plantar Fas! After 14 months, I feel like mine is finally improving. I still sleep with a "boot" on that keeps my foot flexed. I think that has been the most help. I spent $$ on insoles and shoes trying to get relief.....it is quite literally, a pain! I kept exercising the whole time I had it, which probably prolonged it, but I didn't have a lot of pain while working out...it was after. I workout in the morning and I used to come to work and get a frozen water bottle out of the office fridge and roll my foot on it for 30 minutes or so. That helps too. Good luck to you!
Old 03-12-2014, 03:39 PM   #466
Senior LCF Member

tennis ball every morning. roll ur feet b4 u try walking in the morning. also massage ur sole with ur fingers. really try to break up the crunchies in ur sole.
i highly recommend Asics Gel sneakers. They dont make the model i used to buy but any with gel heels wud be good i think. they made a HUGE difference for me. I wud wear them instead of being stocking-foot in the house even. and i hate shoes! they realy made me feel better tho. i cud hardly walk to the bathroom in the a.m. during a flare up it wud get so bad. havent had a MAJOR flare up in a while tho. thank god.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:49 PM   #467
Senior LCF Member

Good point Helene.....major thing.......do not walk without shoes. I bought Orthoheel slippers and they have been my salvation. Keep them right by the bed and slip them on before taking even 1 step.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:00 AM   #468
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the tips, ladies! I have used gel heels, but I don't think they help much. I recently purchased an elastic foot band type thing made specifically for Plantar Fas. and I wear that to soccer and working out and sometimes to bed. I think it does help! I also try to stretch it out when I can and I keep my leg elevated at work. Web MD and other sites say to rest it/stay off of it to help it, but that's kind of hard when you need to workout! My toe hurts now too after kicking too hard in soccer. Oh well!

Foodwise, things are going well. Had some steak leftovers last night. Brought in an Atkins chicken meal for lunch today. Not sure what I will have for dinner - I do have some leftover pork, and I think the snowy weather is just right to make the cauliflower soup that's soooo tasty. What are you guys doing for dinner??
Old 03-13-2014, 09:04 AM   #469
Senior LCF Member

Hmmm...dinner....good question. I have eaten salmon the past 2 nights, so I know it won't be that again! DH will probably have hot turkey sandwich, but not me. I'll have to have a couple eggs or something. My cleaning lady comes this afternoon and if she is running late, we'll just go out to eat. That sounds like the best idea!
Old 03-13-2014, 10:25 AM   #470
Senior LCF Member

the only shoes i wud buy is asics sneakers or birkenstocks. if i stick to those, im ok. if i wear dress up shoes, i get them off ASAP. the asics go on sale at Dick's every 6 mos or so for about $85, but even at $100 theyre worth every penny---and i like to buy shoes at walmart if i can :0
yes the birkenstocks cost $130 usually but last FOREVER, unlike the sneakers which i walk out every yr at least. oh well.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:25 AM   #471
Junior LCF Member

Happy Friday everyone!!! I have about a week left on Step 1. Hopefully I won't go off the deep end this weekend and eat carbs... I know we are planning on some cornbeef and cabbage on Sunday in anticipation of St. Patty's Day, so that should be tasty!!
Old 03-14-2014, 10:09 AM   #472
Senior LCF Member

One more week Rub! YAY! I'm anxious to see how Step 2 goes for you. You will enjoy it, I'm sure.

4 days of boot camp again this week. That is the limit for me. Whew! My sister is coming for the weekend and I'll no doubt eat and/or drink more than I should, but I'm not stressing over it. Come Sunday I'll be right back on plan.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Old 03-14-2014, 11:01 AM   #473
Senior LCF Member

dont eat any potatoes with ur corned beef but splurge on some carrots with ur cabbage so u dont feel deprived
we always have irish soda bread with our dinner but u cant have that either lol so splurge a little on the carrots.
next week u will be able to have sooo many carbs, all day long! well at least it'll seem that way after 2 mos of very limited carbs just a few times a day. YAY
Old 03-14-2014, 11:10 AM   #474
Senior LCF Member

Cudnt remember if posted these, forgive me if i already have. Rly are great! and work out to about 2g a muffin so u can eat 2 at a time and be under the 5g limit!
i grind my own almond meal in my food processor from sliced almonds but its available almost everywhere nowadays.

Banana Blueberry Muffins
Whisk together:
2c ground almonds--"almond meal" or almond flour (both r rly just about the same thing)
1/4c flxsd, ground
3/4c sugar equivalent—look at splenda pkg (4tsp Stevia Plus)
1tsp baking powder
1tsp cinn or lemon peel
1/4tsp salt
In separate bowl stir together:
1 banana, mashed
2 eggs
1/2c sour cream
1/4c butter, melted
1c blueberries or raspberries or blackberries
Whisk dry into wet, stir well. Fill greased cups half full, bake at 325 for 45 min. Yeah, rly—45 min to get them done. low and slow is how u bake with almond meal or flour (and coconut flour also). I got 15 muffins from this so when u divide the fruit carbs by 15=2g per muffin. Fruit is the only no neutral carb in these!
Old 03-14-2014, 01:36 PM   #475
Senior LCF Member

Your Banana Blueberry Muffins sound really good Helene, I am definitely going to be making those as soon as I get a banana! I still am not sure about moving to step 2 in 2 weeks. Right now I feel so good and not bloated and in control!!! Hard to explain but my body feels better and slimmer in step 1. I might hang out in 1 for awhile. I bought some of the Carb Masters yogurt so that took care of the yogurt cravings. Hope everyone is doing well : )
Old 03-16-2014, 03:38 AM   #476
Senior LCF Member

Oh my....I've had 2 HIGH carb days! Funny thing is, my waist looks smaller! Weird. I'm doing VERY low carb today. A few veggies and mostly protein & fat. My sister is here visiting and she brought me a big bag of raw shredded veggie mix. It has kale, Brussels sprouts, and all kinds of greens. I'm going to saute some and have that for dinner with some protein. It is meant to be a salad as it comes with dressing packets & craisins(in a separate pack), but I just won't use those high carb things. I hope it keeps as it's a huge bag! It'll take me a while to get thru all of it.

Hope you're all having a great weekend.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:31 AM   #477
Senior LCF Member

Since ur cooking the greens, even if they wilt a little b4 u finish them, they'll taste fine -- or throw in a soup or stew and voilá YUM
Old 03-17-2014, 09:21 AM   #478
Senior LCF Member

Guess what my 2 high carb days did for me? I'm down 1.5 lbs this morning! I knew my waist looked smaller! I'm hoping the loss sticks. Guess the moral of the story is not to fear going off plan for a meal or 2 as long as you get right back to business the next day!

Hope you're having a good start to your week!
Old 03-17-2014, 10:02 AM   #479
Senior LCF Member

i lost a pound finally, so now ive lost a whopping total of 5lbs (count 'em) since mid Jan...
well i regained and relost 3 lbs so hey, Im cooking! lol
my central adiposity feels less so im not surprised! im walking even faster now too sooooo
maybe i'll lose another 5 lbs in the next, oh, month rofl
ARGH
sigh
Old 03-17-2014, 10:10 AM   #480
Senior LCF Member

Good going Helene! A loss is a loss, no matter how long it takes!